Buena Vista Pictures | Release Date: December 11, 1992
Watch Now
Buy on
JPKAug 18, 2019
Lovable Adaptation
Muppet Christmas Carol is definitely one of the best Muppet films ever made.
GutsNoCryDec 5, 2019
This was my first exposure to a Christmas Carol, believe it not, watched this film a lot a kid lots of times
kyle20ellisMar 28, 2022
The two best Muppet movies after Jim Henson's death are this and Muppets Treasure Island. The worst, I think is Muppets Wizard of Oz. Muppets Christmas Carol is wonderful, and deserves the high rating. I also think the rating for TreasureThe two best Muppet movies after Jim Henson's death are this and Muppets Treasure Island. The worst, I think is Muppets Wizard of Oz. Muppets Christmas Carol is wonderful, and deserves the high rating. I also think the rating for Treasure Island is too low, as I loved that film too.

The Muppets are truly funny here, especially Gonzo and Rizzo, who have the funniest lines. Kermit and Miss Piggy were at their most touching here. Scrooge's encounter with the Marley Brothers was the highlight of the film for me. The high point of the movie is the performance of Michael Caine,(like Tim Curry in Treasure Island) who was the best he was in recent years, and his singing was passable. Very convincing! I personally think this is the funniest post Jim Henson Muppet movie, and was my favourite Christmas memory as a kid, and managed to stay true to the spirit of Christmas, and was heartwarming with the character of Tiny Tim. The songs, also, weren't that bad at all, but in comparison to the ones in Treasure Isaland, one or two of them are a little hit-and-miss, but that's just me, and that is my only negative! The incidental music was beautiful though.

All in all, a wonderfully entertaining film, that has enough to satisfy Muppet fans. 9/10. Bethany Cox
Dostoyevsky3Nov 30, 2020
Poignant and filled with heart. THE MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL is a wonderfully entertaining Christmas special for all ages and is even an emotionally effective tearjerker.