Universal Pictures | Release Date: February 14, 2020
7.2
Generally favorable reviews based on 15 Ratings
Watch Now
estonismFeb 16, 2020
Issa Rae is a burgeoning actress. She is beautiful and has a wonderful onscreen personality. She is still at the stage where she can be molded by a director to character's liking. LaKeith is her male counterpart in may ways. TheirIssa Rae is a burgeoning actress. She is beautiful and has a wonderful onscreen personality. She is still at the stage where she can be molded by a director to character's liking. LaKeith is her male counterpart in may ways. Their chemistry and hesitance in their romance was fun to watch. Fairly simple plot with a great soundtrack. I recommend this movie. Expand
Stream2BigScreeFeb 16, 2020
Love is in the air!!!! When I look into your eyes…….! Stream to Big Screen is back at it with a review of The Photograph, starring Issa Rae and LaKeith Stanfield. This movie can be described as the intermingling of love stories from the pastLove is in the air!!!! When I look into your eyes…….! Stream to Big Screen is back at it with a review of The Photograph, starring Issa Rae and LaKeith Stanfield. This movie can be described as the intermingling of love stories from the past to present. So let’s get to it.

Now you must be warned, I am a hopeless romantic at heart. I normally wouldn’t tell anyone but this movie is right up my alley, like Hitch. Unfortunately, this movie will never be Hitch, but it can be itself. A modern day love story for the older millennials. While the storyline is very simple and transparent from the trailer, the viewer is treated to more than what they can see. The Photograph is completely about the feel. We are meant to experience this movie by knowing exactly what is coming but still reminiscing on that awkward first date moment as if they are our own or that feeling of anxiety before a first phone call to the one with whom we are smitten. We have all been there, and if you haven’t, this movie definitely provides the experience for you.

And those who give us those moments are the solid cast. Issa Rae glows in this movie. As someone close to me said, “This movie just makes me want to get a weave.” Yes, her weave was on point and flawless throughout but more importantly Issa was the personification of #BlackGirlMagic. We are used to Issa being a love interest focal point from Insecure but I must admit she’s stepped her game up. On top of Issa’s performance, LaKeith Stanfield in his awkward, swag style was perfect for this role. The two had palpable on-screen chemistry. Speaking of chemisty and acting, Chante Adams and Y’lan Noel weren’t too shabby themselves. I must admit Noel outshined Adams in their scenes but both worked well in their roles.

Nevertheless, I found myself checking my watch in the theater. The movie did seem to be longer than it actually was. I also found myself wanting more to happen or something dramatic to really occur. I know it’s because the storyline was so obvious but I still wanted more.

Nevertheless, The Photograph delivers what it promises in a modern day love story. It provides all the feels. Dategoers, married folks, seriously dating, verge of breaking up … all couples and those looking for love, should venture to theater to watch this movie. But for those “more single and just wants to mingle” general public, you can pump the breaks a little bit. For you all, a matinee showing or better yet a RedBox and Chill night is perfect.
BeverlyJohnson1Feb 17, 2020
I thought it was a cute love movie. Full of Black Love! I wish it would have got a little more exposure through the media. I enjoy the the cast. The leading female and male did a wonderful job, soundtrack was everything. We need more blackI thought it was a cute love movie. Full of Black Love! I wish it would have got a little more exposure through the media. I enjoy the the cast. The leading female and male did a wonderful job, soundtrack was everything. We need more black love movies, Congratulations to the entire cast and kudos to the writer and Director/ Producer. Expand
laranamiraFeb 19, 2020
Recommended site for watching movies and TV series online with HD 2020 subtitles

Watch in HD: MOVIESHD ONLINE.ORG