Columbia Pictures | Release Date: October 1, 2010
Universal acclaim based on 2067 Ratings
1,797
Watch Now
dev92Aug 24, 2012
An extremely impressive film, David Fincher delivers yet again and with a subject that many would not consider to be particularly thrilling. The world of innovative business entrepreneurs has never looked so exciting, devious or sexy. I'mAn extremely impressive film, David Fincher delivers yet again and with a subject that many would not consider to be particularly thrilling. The world of innovative business entrepreneurs has never looked so exciting, devious or sexy. I'm sure that in real life, it did not go down anything like this film, but for what it's worth, this was a phenomenal film that may just have been robbed of the Oscars it deserved. Expand
zied12Aug 21, 2012
i don't have anything to add, just an amazing movie, i enjoyed every single second of it, the performances of jesse eisenberg , andrew garfield and justin timberlake are so convincing, the screenplay is so well written and the cinematographyi don't have anything to add, just an amazing movie, i enjoyed every single second of it, the performances of jesse eisenberg , andrew garfield and justin timberlake are so convincing, the screenplay is so well written and the cinematography , editing and the music are just terrific, well done Expand
ichiroAug 29, 2012
It's an interesting movie, though I wasn't enjoying the movie all the time. It kinda got boring from time to time. But it's a watchable movie and. Eduardo was a good character for me, I didn't like any other characters. That's all I have toIt's an interesting movie, though I wasn't enjoying the movie all the time. It kinda got boring from time to time. But it's a watchable movie and. Eduardo was a good character for me, I didn't like any other characters. That's all I have to say. It's a little above average movie. Expand
rxul14Sep 6, 2012
Excelente interpretación de Jesse Eisenberg como Mark Zuckerberg, un guion impecable,y una banda sonora exquisita hace que este film se convierta en uno de los mejores dramas de los ultimos tiempos.Sin duda una pelicula altamente recomendable.
WarriorFightOct 20, 2012
This is perhaps the most intelligent movie I've seen in a long time. Definitely David Fincher's Symphony, it combines incredible performances from Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake, Rooney Mara (although short-lived), andThis is perhaps the most intelligent movie I've seen in a long time. Definitely David Fincher's Symphony, it combines incredible performances from Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake, Rooney Mara (although short-lived), and the countless others. Aaron Sorkin's masterful screenplay definitely brings a masterful artwork into full focus. The music, courtesy of Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, is so strange to the other films, they definitely deserve the oscar for this. A great film that is definitely one, if not the, best film of 2010, at least in my opinion. And both Eisenberg and Garfield should have won oscars for their performances, they were just incredible. Too bad Oscar won't acknowledge young talent. Expand
cameronmorewoodNov 7, 2012
A beautifully filmed, ingenious picture that captures exactly what the invention of Facebook must have been like for it's creators. Jesse Eisenberg is brilliant, as is the entire cast. Watch out for newcomer Andrew Garfield, a true talent.
Iky009Jan 4, 2014
Certamente o melhor filme de David Fincher
QwertyPJMFeb 7, 2015
David Fincher veered away from the thriller genre to deliver a truly engrossing and somewhat disturbing portrayal of the founding of Facebook. Whilst the film has been criticised for toying with the facts for theatrical purposes, it is clearDavid Fincher veered away from the thriller genre to deliver a truly engrossing and somewhat disturbing portrayal of the founding of Facebook. Whilst the film has been criticised for toying with the facts for theatrical purposes, it is clear that what Fincher sees as the order of events leading to Facebook's inception tell an enthralling tale of greed, betrayal and friendship. Jesse Eisenburg and Andrew Garfield both give incredible performances that anchor the movie; you can take a real interest in these character's lives. Where TSN succeeds is in its dialogue, which was conceived by the brilliant mind of Andy Sorkin. It is fast paced, with every sentence leading to a new revelation, giving another direction for the story to be taken in. Enough is revealed throughout the film to engage you, however it is only in the last 20 minutes of the film where the emotional impact of the film's morals begin to resonate. I won't spoil it, but I will say that the ending leaves you wondering what really matters to us as a society. The best film depicting our technological generation and a modern marvel. Expand
ashwiniDec 23, 2012
An idea is nothing unless you execute it. Go ahead and execute it. If you have an idea some one will have a better one. This is what all The Social Network is all about. How a college student created something that has now become almost aAn idea is nothing unless you execute it. Go ahead and execute it. If you have an idea some one will have a better one. This is what all The Social Network is all about. How a college student created something that has now become almost a necessity of our lives and what is the reality behind the creation of it. It clearly exposes the world in which we live, world with friends and enemies.

An excellent direction with some brilliant acting performance by Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield makes this a must watch. Crisp Editing, awesome screenplay and brilliant music score earned it 3 Academy Awards.

Jesse Eisenberg is at his best bringing the complete character live on the big screen. People will notice how people really are in actual life. Its not any fantasy story. A pure reality
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
An impossibly well-written script and haunting visuals make "The Social Network" a prime candidate for David Fincher's best work.
worleyjamersDec 8, 2012
Wow!! This film is absolutely perfect! There are so few words to describe the brilliance of this film. The Social Network is a film that defines a generation; it is so real, smart, fresh....truly a product of it's time! I was so hesitant asWow!! This film is absolutely perfect! There are so few words to describe the brilliance of this film. The Social Network is a film that defines a generation; it is so real, smart, fresh....truly a product of it's time! I was so hesitant as to whether or not the hype about this film was real. I mean, Jesse Eisenberg, Justin Timberlake, and Brenda Song in an Academy Award caliber film....? I simply did not see it. As more Oscar buzz and Best Picture awards began to pile up, I almost did not want to see it. I hoped that I wouldn't like it. I gave this film a shot.... I LOVED IT! I have to mention the script. Basically, there is no way to describe the perfection of Aaron Sorkin's writing. So modern, real, powerful, fresh, smart.....it truly is an outstanding script with each line and phrase packing such a touching feel to it. I also love the way it shows of the culture and society's impact on our language. It's a great depiction of the times we live in. It is no surprise that it has nearly swept this category at award shows. It soon will receive an Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay. Simply phenomenal screenplay!

The cinematography is stunning also. The scenery, setting, locations. Perfect. I also love that Fincher included the usual darkness that seems to dominate his films. Very appealing.

The score is perfect also. So modern, fresh, and catchy. Again, a great depiction of the times we live in. Love it!

The acting is simply outstanding. Jesse Eisenberg, Justin Timberlake, Armie Hammer, Rashida Jones, Rooney Mara.....the cast is simply stunning. Each character delivers a great performance that adds a great deal of emotion to the relatively flat storyline. Justin Timberlake surprised me alot. I think of him as the NSYNC singer that's trying to become an actor, but he has some talent and it shows alot in this film. He is very convincing as the jerk, Sean Parker. I secretly wished he would have died or something, so he did his job. Jesse Eisenberg delivers also. I was unsure about what to expect of his perfeormance because I have only seen him in Zombieland and Adventureland, but he gives a great performance. Armie Hammer, too, gives a strong performace as the the Winklevoss twins.

The performance that steals the show, the performance that makes the film the brilliant masterpiece that it is....Andrew Garfield. He delivers one of the best performances I have ever seen. Stunning! Every scene he is in, a new angle of his ability and a new aspect of the character is shown. As the growth of Facebook continues and the tension between the character's heightens, his performance is the thing that holds the emotion together. I have rarely felt so emotionally attached to a character until now. I orignally thought Christian Bale was a lock for Best Supporting Actor, but now, I'm not sure at all. Andrew Garfield gives a perfect, brilliant performance!

Finally, this film is so much more than "The Facebook Movie." It's about life, relationships, friendships, growing up....Facebook is simply a tool used by the filmakers to tell a story that is relevant to our time. It is used perfectly and the story and film are a work of art that will be remembered as one of the best of our time, if not the best.

See this film! My ranting can only tell of a tiny bit of it's greatness! The Social Network = The best film of 2010! I loved it! Even though it did not win Best Picture or Best Director, this film will still be the defining movie of 2010!
python2000Aug 28, 2013
Very very close to a 10. The Social Network is one of the cleverest, most entertaining, brilliant movies I have ever seen. With a killer ending which gets me grinning like an idiot every time.
OverlyWhiteMaleFeb 3, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To start off the new decade of the new millennium with something that really captures the spirit of the time is pure magic, and that's The Social Network in a nutshell. The 2000s were steeped in irony, from its elected leaders to its technological advances, and The Social Network takes that irony and twists it into a parable for how people interact and come apart. People who cry foul against this film for not being historically accurate obviously miss the point. This isn't the story of Facebook. The story of Facebook is subterfuge, a way to get Aaron Sorkin and David Fincher's moral point across. By telling the story of Facebook, they muse on the comedy of errors that is life.

Mark Zuckerberg as brilliantly played by Jesse Eisenberg is a socially maladroit genius who connects the entire world through the internet. His best friend and later bitter rival Eduardo Saverin (Andrew Garfield) is a businessman who can't grasp the business of the new world. Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss (Armie Hammer and Josh Pence) are nearly stereotypical rich kid jocks who have everything and gain nothing out of their clash with Zuckerberg, and Sean Parker (a surprisingly great Justin Timberlake) is the devil in Prada seducing Mark into a world of money, fame, and women only to be revealed for the inhaler-dependent reprobate that he is. Philosophically, technically, and pretty much in every other way, The Social Network is a near-perfect film. I say nearly perfect because the inability for the characters to realize their own foibles can get cloying at times, but that's a very minor nitpick. The acting, the directing, the cinematography, and especially the writing are all top-notch, and The Social Network instantly became my favorite film of 2010 and one of my favorite films of all time.

A definite 10. If you haven't seen it, see it as soon as you can.
mds03Mar 3, 2013
Such an interesting and entertaining movie. It wasn't boring in the slightest. All the actors were great. Justin Timberlake, Andrew Garfield and Jesse Eisenberg were especially good. Easily the best movie of 2010.
BrianMcCriticJun 10, 2013
David Fincher is easily one of the best directors going today and The Social Network just continues to show that. Jessie Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield give performances worthy of nominations.
UtopianStuffJul 3, 2013
Terrific entertainment an unlikely thriller, it's an absolute joy to watch. I understand why 99% of all movie goers love this movie. It has conflict, suspense, emotion, and some great actors! Go watch it.
RayPistSep 1, 2013
David Fincher proves once again that he's a superb director in this accurate story of the creation of Facebook. Great acting and a fantastically written story makes this one of the best films of the year which definitely deserves all theDavid Fincher proves once again that he's a superb director in this accurate story of the creation of Facebook. Great acting and a fantastically written story makes this one of the best films of the year which definitely deserves all the awards it's receiving. Expand
SchizophreniacFeb 10, 2014
this film can show you how can a unsocial man create incredible social area. every social platforms are coming from unsocial hands, unsocial software crew, everybody want to know how are they working, how this ideas increase fastly, you canthis film can show you how can a unsocial man create incredible social area. every social platforms are coming from unsocial hands, unsocial software crew, everybody want to know how are they working, how this ideas increase fastly, you can learn with this film, Expand
eagleeyevikingNov 29, 2013
The Social Network dwells more on the effects of Facebook, rather than being 'The Facebook Movie'. It pays off well. The actors give inspired performances and masterful direction by David Fincher gives the movie an edge of its own.
XavierBlaqDec 28, 2013
The Social Network is genius, simple as that. With a look at what is happening to our society and what happens to relationships when money and fame become involved, this film is a philosophical masterpiece wrapped by amazing acting byThe Social Network is genius, simple as that. With a look at what is happening to our society and what happens to relationships when money and fame become involved, this film is a philosophical masterpiece wrapped by amazing acting by everyone, a symbolic and emotional plot, and dialogue that raises this film above all its peers. It is a movie almost as ingenious as the idea Zuckerburg had and has made billions from. Expand
JpJuarioFeb 11, 2014
''Brilliant.'' ''Phenomenal.'' '' Mesmerizing.'' One of the most important film you're ever going to see. One of the Decades Best films. The Best film of 2010.
lukechristianscMay 12, 2015
The gory and overwhelming (in a good way) director David Fincher takes a break from the fun gory motion pictures and makes the best bio-pic I've seen in years! the film is about a self centered genius college student Mark Zuckerberg (JesseThe gory and overwhelming (in a good way) director David Fincher takes a break from the fun gory motion pictures and makes the best bio-pic I've seen in years! the film is about a self centered genius college student Mark Zuckerberg (Jesse Eisenberg) steals his friends idea about creating a social network. The talented Jesse Eisenberg tries to make his character smart and talented also unlike able, makes this film great, the supporting cast also makes the film look good-looking. Justin Timberlake (who plays a creator on another social media hit "napster"), on the other hand makes his character look tip top in the script. Director David Fincher potent direction and screenwriter Aaron Sorkin's wickedly literate screenplay have a clever bond in this film. Sorkin knows how to give audiences a clear vigorous bio-pick with a terrific screenplay. Grade A Expand
craneo98Mar 6, 2014
The Social Network is the adapted history of Facebook, and its a really great adapted movie, the bet part for me was the screenplay because all the challenges it meant. The direction by David Fincher was a really great work. The performancesThe Social Network is the adapted history of Facebook, and its a really great adapted movie, the bet part for me was the screenplay because all the challenges it meant. The direction by David Fincher was a really great work. The performances by the actors are in fact really good, mainly the performance of Jesse Einsberg. The Social Network is a really good movie, and if you have not seen it, well take some pop corns a see it now! Expand
diogomendesJun 17, 2014
Extremely overrated however, this movie understands the essence of Internet, brings an outstanding cast with an awesome acting and entertains the audience for 2 hours.
Viper8787May 2, 2014
This movie was really surprising. I didn't think it was going to be to good at all but it was on TV one day so I decided to turn it on. And boy was I surprised great acting performances led by Eisnberg everyone in it did a great job. A goodThis movie was really surprising. I didn't think it was going to be to good at all but it was on TV one day so I decided to turn it on. And boy was I surprised great acting performances led by Eisnberg everyone in it did a great job. A good true story that kept me into the movie the whole time. The true story of how Facebook started really entertained me more than I thought it would. Expand
ydnar4Mar 7, 2015
The Social Network provides a lot of insight into the creation and uprising of Facebook, a website that has become a huge part of the daily lives of almost anyone in North America. The movie is filmed beautifully and despite a generally youngThe Social Network provides a lot of insight into the creation and uprising of Facebook, a website that has become a huge part of the daily lives of almost anyone in North America. The movie is filmed beautifully and despite a generally young cast it manages to impress. Andrew Garfield was the character that impressed me the most from the crew because it seems like Jesse Eisenberg is playing the sarcastic nerd that he has played in Zombieland and Now You See Me. There is a lot of conflict in the film that I was completely unaware of before watching it, although it seems as though it may have been somewhat fabricated as some of the portrayed people have said. There is also a lot of points in the film where you feel that the cast are talking over you with computer and business language, but I was able to put that aside and generally enjoy the film. Expand
vikesh2206Nov 9, 2014
Another_NerdMar 6, 2015
David Fincher and Aaron Sorkin have just shown how awesome a biopic they can make if they work together. The cast and acting, the dialogue, and the cinematography. The movie was inaccurate at points, yes. But, well, I gave it a rounded-off-toDavid Fincher and Aaron Sorkin have just shown how awesome a biopic they can make if they work together. The cast and acting, the dialogue, and the cinematography. The movie was inaccurate at points, yes. But, well, I gave it a rounded-off-to 10, so the movie was overwhelming to me.

Best movie of 2010? Nope. Second best? Sure.

Plus, Reznor and Ross have, well, 'scored'.
KevinLanceApr 9, 2015
A triumphant film. "The Social Network" delivers with impeccable writing and perfect execution with a stellar performance from its' lead. There is just nothing like this film.
MovieManiac83Apr 24, 2015
Website development as a blood sport - that's what it comes down to. The Social Network shows that, when pet projects are at issue, nerds can get as nasty and dirty as the most skilled backstabbers and double-dealers. The film, which is aWebsite development as a blood sport - that's what it comes down to. The Social Network shows that, when pet projects are at issue, nerds can get as nasty and dirty as the most skilled backstabbers and double-dealers. The film, which is a joint product of respected director David Fincher and equally respected screenwriter Aaron Sorkin, accomplishes its multiple goals: create a gallery of fascinating, fully realized characters; chronicle key events in the development and growth of today's most influential social networking site, Facebook; and explore the blurred lines that exist in the amorphous on-line environment where concepts like intellectual property are involved. The Social Network is rich with food for thought but the reason it captures the viewer's interest for more than two hours is because its story of friendship and betrayal is as old as traditional society and is presented with tremendous skill. You don't have to be a Facebook member (I am not) to enjoy what this movie is offering.

The source material for The Social Network is Ben Mezrich's The Accidental Billionaires. There are two notable things about the book, which is allegedly the distillation of countless interviews put into narrative form. The first is that Mezrich's primary source is Eduardo Saverin, so it is understandable that events are slanted toward his point-of-view (a fact brought out publicly by Mark Zuckerberg, who refused to cooperate with Mezrich). The second is that the acknowledgments mention Scott Rudin (one of The Social Network's producers), Kevin Spacey (an executive producer), and Sorkin, perhaps indicating that a movie deal was in the works before the book was published. That's how hot this property was deemed to be - the bigger Facebook became, the more intense the interest in the story of the men who created it and the controversy surrounding its birth.

The Social Network is structured as a series of flashbacks provided to illustrate testimony being given in depositions for two separate trials in which Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg (Jesse Eisenberg) was involved during the second half of the 2000s. Although the movie occasionally returns to the legal proceedings set in or around 2005, most of it is a fairly straightforward chronology of events that spanned the period from October 2003 through September 2005.

Eisenberg, one of those young actors who has existed just below the radar for several years now (he was the lead in both Zombieland and Adventureland, not to be confused with one another), deserves an Oscar for this dead-on portrayal of a temperamental genius. The role is ripe for caricature, but Eisenberg humanizes his character. Zuckerberg, whose recent media appearances have made him easy to dislike, is brought to life with sympathy and even-handedness. The Social Network does not shy away from the damage he has done to others, but it resists representing its protagonist as some sort of technological anti-Christ. Credit for this should be equally divided among the trio of Eisenberg, Fincher, and Sorkin.

Much will be written about whether The Social Network is unfair to the real Mark Zuckerberg, but that seems to me to be a red herring. This is a narrative feature based on a true story, not a documentary, so expectations of real-world veracity should be taken with a grain of salt. The character of Mark Zuckerberg as represented by Sorkin and Fincher is fascinating and his journey is compelling, involving as it does so many aspects of the electronic era human experience: friendship, obsession, big ideas, betrayal, and lots of money. This is the 2010 Oscar season's first drama to live up to the hype and expectations associated with it.
daniel678Mar 2, 2017
Excellent, magnificent, spectacular, the best film of the 21st century. It faithfully portrays what happens in our time, what we young people do today, which entails creating a social network: power, friendship, greed, jealousy and deceit.Excellent, magnificent, spectacular, the best film of the 21st century. It faithfully portrays what happens in our time, what we young people do today, which entails creating a social network: power, friendship, greed, jealousy and deceit. Just perfect. Expand
DrBlahBlahApr 30, 2017
This is as close to a perfect film as you'll get, from the direction to the score to the acting to the writing. Especially the writing. All hail Aaron Sorkin.
merijnjFeb 21, 2018
(95/100) The performances alone make watching this movie a worthwhile experience.
BryceHarperFeb 23, 2018
Dear Mr.Fincher, you really didn't have to make this kind of incredible artwork.
Robert_scottSep 12, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mark Zuckerberg was a teenager when his father spent thousands of dollars on a private tutor to learn coding. He is not special or a prodigy, he was born on 3rd base, but talks like he is self made. This is never addressed in the film, but anyone could be him if they had rich parents and an ability to steal other people’s ideas with relative impunity. I don’t know if it’s Jesse Eisenberg or the character but this movie is nearly unwatchable. “Must see” I really don’t know what movie these people were watching or how it received all the acclaim it has. The characters are mostly shallow, the situations seem like they were dreamed up by middle school children imagining what going to Harvard must be like. The pretend intellect is painful to watch. I loved the west wing and was expecting something as good, I got this movie instead. It was hyped beyond belief, to a point it was extremely disappointing. Mark Zuckerberg is not a genius he is a spoiled rich man child and this movie is all about that. Its like watching a cyborg try to relate to humanity and it’s torturous at best. He constantly does things that are wrong, and only benefits from being a morally bankrupt person. To this day, he is a man child and an evil human being, because he has never faced a real consequence or actually worked for anything in his life. He is a thief and watching someone steal for hours is only fun when you are watching Oliver. I will say Andrew Garfield and Justin Timberlake surprised me. They brought the only real acting to the movie, but couldn’t save it. I was so excited for this movie, I didn’t see it when it first came out but wanted to. Now, I wish I hadn’t because I imagined a much better and more interesting film in my mind. Expand
CRLAug 8, 2011
I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I first started this movie. It immediately throws you into Mark Zuckerberg's life (as portrayed by a fantastic Jesse Eisenberg), and adds a bit of humanity right there. The beginning points out thatI wasn't quite sure what to expect when I first started this movie. It immediately throws you into Mark Zuckerberg's life (as portrayed by a fantastic Jesse Eisenberg), and adds a bit of humanity right there. The beginning points out that he's flawed, and really sets the tone for the rest of the movie. His partner Eduardo (an equally fantastic Andrew Garfield) makes a character that's almost a polar opposite to Zuck's brashness, and by the time you meet Sean Parker (Justin Timberlake is developing into one of the best actors out there), you're trapped in Fincher's web. In the end it's one of the most satisfying movies you'll see, and leaves off with a quotable yet poignant ending. Expand
TyranianApr 13, 2019
Very impressive film about the Facebook dude, good acting, music and directing.
JoeCoolMay 17, 2019
The performances are probably like the director wanted them but the film starts to feel really long after about and hour. It's technically well-made but it grows boring and unsatisfying. The movie wasn't clever or interesting. With a ratingThe performances are probably like the director wanted them but the film starts to feel really long after about and hour. It's technically well-made but it grows boring and unsatisfying. The movie wasn't clever or interesting. With a rating like this I was probably expecting far too much. It ended up being a very forgettable and boring below average movie. Expand
imthenoobMay 4, 2020
It's well-directed and the cast does a good job but the pacing was fairly inconsistent and often times it felt like we were just watching the same scene over again but in a different setting. The editing of this film was far from perfectIt's well-directed and the cast does a good job but the pacing was fairly inconsistent and often times it felt like we were just watching the same scene over again but in a different setting. The editing of this film was far from perfect considering that it never really feels like we are watching linear plot but more like clips, bits and pieces of everyone's own recollection of events. Expand
MegWhiteleyApr 18, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When someone decide do a biopic need have the most important events, and other than can be like a connection, and David Fincher do a great job on The Social Network. The creation of Facebook is and important theme, and David create a movie in that the most important part of the book in that was based this movie was a interesting details. The development of the story is fantastic, intelligent, and don't be boring. The performance of all the cast are awesome, Rooney Mara, Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake, Brenda Song, all do a great job in their characters. The Social Network is really impressive, interesting and epic. Great Job. Expand
AndremaxJul 10, 2018
It's interesting how this film sends to watcher a view more in tune with the reality about Social Network's origin. Nothing of cliché romanticize about the history, strained scenes or character's irrealistic romantization. Nothing in thisIt's interesting how this film sends to watcher a view more in tune with the reality about Social Network's origin. Nothing of cliché romanticize about the history, strained scenes or character's irrealistic romantization. Nothing in this picture is amazing, epic or something like that, but still got a convincent story. Expand
CountvontrollioSep 23, 2017
Intensely brilliant movie about the kid that did what all the internet companies had failed at before, which was to keep people on their site, with the exception of google who knew that they didn't have too. So many themes ancient and modernIntensely brilliant movie about the kid that did what all the internet companies had failed at before, which was to keep people on their site, with the exception of google who knew that they didn't have too. So many themes ancient and modern analysed within the context of the site that finally managed to combine the vast network of the internet with a social utility.
Absolutely sparkling dialogue and mesmerizing score from musical technologists Trent Reznor and Atticus Rose. One of those once in a generation movies for a once in a generation idea.
marcmyworksDec 21, 2016
A dark and humble look at the beginning of Facebook and the in-fighting between the people responsible for the World's biggest social media network. Excellent performances from Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield.
bfoore90May 24, 2020
The Social Network is an enthralling piece of film-making that perfectly captures the twisted genius of David Fincher. Only Fincher could construct a film about a Harvard student (played brilliantly by Jesse Eisenberg) screwing over hisThe Social Network is an enthralling piece of film-making that perfectly captures the twisted genius of David Fincher. Only Fincher could construct a film about a Harvard student (played brilliantly by Jesse Eisenberg) screwing over his friends and colleagues to eventually sit atop of the biggest social media empire in the world. Expand
jcfilms17Jun 7, 2014
First off, if this was a book it would be great. The script was very well spoken by Eisenberg, Garfield, and other actors such as Timberlake and the suspense of the unknown story of Facebook doesn't slow down til some of the last scenes. YouFirst off, if this was a book it would be great. The script was very well spoken by Eisenberg, Garfield, and other actors such as Timberlake and the suspense of the unknown story of Facebook doesn't slow down til some of the last scenes. You see Eisenberg once know as the nerd go from somebody people hate, to somebody people admire, and then they all repeat. The acting throughout is magneficent and it leaves me wondering, why didnt this movie win Best Picture, Directing, or Acting, or better yet even just one of those. This movie has a awesome soundtrack and the plot isn't messy at all means and leaves you thinking "Man, this was a great movie..." 9/10 Expand
mm007Jun 17, 2016
Very good and inspirational movie about how Facebook was invented by Mark Zuckerberg. He had done that while being in Harvard University.From this movie I got to know about the incidents behind the scene, and about the partnershipVery good and inspirational movie about how Facebook was invented by Mark Zuckerberg. He had done that while being in Harvard University.From this movie I got to know about the incidents behind the scene, and about the partnership problem.Justin Timberlake was awesome as usual. Expand
gert777Mar 5, 2016
This is one of the very few movies that I would grant a 10 rating to. The Social Network is a masterpiece, with superb writing and incredibly flawed but compelling characters. Aaron Sorkin and David Fincher do an amazing job of turning aThis is one of the very few movies that I would grant a 10 rating to. The Social Network is a masterpiece, with superb writing and incredibly flawed but compelling characters. Aaron Sorkin and David Fincher do an amazing job of turning a fairly uneventful real story into an incredible drama. The soundtrack is phenomenal, creating a darkness and tension overlaid with sadness. One of my favorite aspects of the movie is that it creates essentially no "likeable" characters in the traditional sense. All of them are either arrogant, or self absorbed, or simply rude. Even Eduardo, who is perhaps the most redeemable character in the film, acts childish at times and is overly cruel to Mark. This element of the film reflects real life, especially in an environment like Harvard, where everyone is brilliant but kindness is harder to come by. Everyone in the film is flawed, creating a movie where you aren't allowed to simply be distracted by a charming and lovable character, and instead must focus on the writing, the direction, and the acting, all of which are top of the line. This is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I think it will remain that way for a long time. Expand
MrMovieBuffOct 31, 2015
Perhaps I would have liked this movie, if David Fincher allowed me to get immersed into the main character's journey through being something more. The first two acts of this movie are drawn out and excruciatingly slow paced.

Jesse

Jesse Eisenberg plays Facebook creator Mark Zuckerbeg, who attends Harvard University and decides to create an innovative social networking site where people can easily stay in touch. Andrew Garfield plays his closest friend Edwardo who is promised to be in on the business, but their friendship is tested to the extreme as the success of Facebook grows.

I cannot help but feel the only reason this movie is so highly praised is because Facebook is the main subject matter. Anything Facebook related, many teenagers or young adults will flock to see and will find some form of interest in the subject.

The first two acts of the movie, like I said, was frustratingly slow paced, there is nothing of remote interest going on here. Eisenberg and co do fine in their performances (Eisenberg landed an Oscar nomination), but I just found too many of the film's main characters to be cold and unlikeable, unless that's how all Facebook users are...which at times is true.

I cannot think of any real reason as to why this is such a masterpiece of a film, David Fincher is an exceptional filmmaker and Aaron Sorkin is a talented screenwriter, but the film didn't need to drag for as long as it did for the main story to kick in.

There are some good things in this film, but not enough for me to say that it was worth it or a must-see.
CineAutoctonoDec 17, 2015
"The Social Network" , an entertaining , bright and taste a true story about creating nuetra favorite social network , Facebook, and its creators, good plot , great music of Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, and excellent work of the director"The Social Network" , an entertaining , bright and taste a true story about creating nuetra favorite social network , Facebook, and its creators, good plot , great music of Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, and excellent work of the director David Fincher. Expand
mathewreviewerDec 17, 2018
Well, what can I say? It is as perfect as a movie can get.
The acting is really good, adn the performances by Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield felt authentic and unique.
The story is beautifully scripted, everyone´s arc is solid and is
Well, what can I say? It is as perfect as a movie can get.
The story is beautifully scripted, everyone´s arc is solid and is easy to follow.
The soundtrack is pretty unique and it elevates the film to a whole new level of enjoyment and complexity.
The editing was masterful, and jumping back and forth between the present during the first act was a really intelligent way ti make the story move forward (despite not being something new).
Everything in the film felt organic and authentic, from the characters to the situations they go through.
The Social Network is definitely David Fincher's best film to date, and I doubt anyone would ever be able to reprise what he created together with Aaron Sorkin. If you haven't seen it, go watch it, it can teach you one or two things about life.
aadityamudharApr 19, 2016
"The Social Network" was so good I don't even know where to begin. I can't, for the life of me, think of another film in recent years that's left me so wholeheartedly satisfied by the time the credits started rolling. This is some amazing,"The Social Network" was so good I don't even know where to begin. I can't, for the life of me, think of another film in recent years that's left me so wholeheartedly satisfied by the time the credits started rolling. This is some amazing, amazing stuff we've got here folks: don't miss it for the world. Expand
PanchogulOct 4, 2020
Es una película perfectamente hecha y magníficamente estructurada, las actuaciones son muy buenas, Jesse Eisenberg lo hizo de maravilla pero no pude evitar odiarlo a lo largo de toda la película, luego está Andrew Garfield quien también loEs una película perfectamente hecha y magníficamente estructurada, las actuaciones son muy buenas, Jesse Eisenberg lo hizo de maravilla pero no pude evitar odiarlo a lo largo de toda la película, luego está Andrew Garfield quien también lo hizo muy bien, no puedo decir lo mismo de Justin Timberlake, no me gustó su actuación y mucho menos su personaje. Expand
EpicLadySpongeFeb 4, 2016
Compared to the movie's tagline, you don't get a good user score without rolling in the negative ratings. The Social Network is genius taking to an all new level.
sentendMay 1, 2016
My favorite movie of all time. Something that is going to definitely stand the test of time, due to its pitch perfect direction, script and editing. Thank You, David Fincher.
RomanKirbyMar 5, 2016
David Fincher is one of the best directors of all time. This film is one of his weakest but still a fantastic film .
SrPepeJan 2, 2020
Social Network es posiblemente la película que mejor representa la década de los 10s, me parece muy importante e interesante conocer la historia de uno de los genios de la época.
AaronWasserman1Mar 27, 2016
The Social Network is about the creation of Zuckerberg's Facebook. Filled with brilliant passing, dialogue, and performances. Garfield and Eisenberg really shine in this movie.
damecarnelianMay 10, 2016
As a film, The Social Network is well-made. No doubts there. As a biography (or, more accurately, an adaptation of a book written about the journey of the titular social network), all I can say is that creative license certainly serves to addAs a film, The Social Network is well-made. No doubts there. As a biography (or, more accurately, an adaptation of a book written about the journey of the titular social network), all I can say is that creative license certainly serves to add drama. If you're looking for good direction, strong acting and tight editing with a nifty score thrown in, you're sure to find it here. Keep in mind, though, that it's not for everyone. Expand
Aaron_WassermanJun 1, 2016
The Social Network is about the creation of Zuckerberg's Facebook. Filled with brilliant paseing, dialogue, and performances. Garfield and Eisenberg really shine in this movie.
UNARMED_JORDSep 15, 2016
the social network's ambitious and entertaining premise adds up to a true example of the talents of not just Jesse Eisenberg but everyone who worked on the film, the script is an amazingly unique one to say the least but overall the socialthe social network's ambitious and entertaining premise adds up to a true example of the talents of not just Jesse Eisenberg but everyone who worked on the film, the script is an amazingly unique one to say the least but overall the social networks strength is its very human like feel to the characters, but overall filmed and directed without flaw the social network is an amazing accomplishment Expand
MasterRileyJun 22, 2019
The Social Network is a really interesting film about Mark Zuckerberg and his creation of Facebook. It delves into his backstory; including where he got the ideas for Facebook, what his relationships with his friends and business partnersThe Social Network is a really interesting film about Mark Zuckerberg and his creation of Facebook. It delves into his backstory; including where he got the ideas for Facebook, what his relationships with his friends and business partners were like, and how he turned a single idea into a billion dollar company. Expand
Willyam_CarrDec 31, 2017
This is a fascinating film; easily the most interesting biopic ever made. The subject matter seems very droll and boring, but the combination of Fincher's direction, Sorkin's screenplay, Eisenberg's performance, and the score of Reznor andThis is a fascinating film; easily the most interesting biopic ever made. The subject matter seems very droll and boring, but the combination of Fincher's direction, Sorkin's screenplay, Eisenberg's performance, and the score of Reznor and Ross is a beautiful concoction that somehow just works. The dialogue crackles, the editing entices, and that fantastic score is the glue that holds it all together. Expand
smuroseAug 11, 2020
Pretty good movie explaining the creation and rise of Zuckerberg and Facebook. Definitely highlights the privileged mindset of affluent white America and their greed.
TheArchetypesSep 9, 2016
alejandro970Apr 5, 2020
The real story about how was created the famous Facebook. The founders, brilliant and privileged students, and the efforts for create a social network, and who was the real winner; all this with cheats and dirty tricks. I mean, the originThe real story about how was created the famous Facebook. The founders, brilliant and privileged students, and the efforts for create a social network, and who was the real winner; all this with cheats and dirty tricks. I mean, the origin never was a bed of roses. When you watch it, you'll never see you Facebook account as same. Expand
CheetahiceDec 19, 2016
The Social Network had a great cast and plot line. The cast had a tip top preformence. The plot was put together very well by the directors and producers. I think that Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross did a great job putting the music together.
bonasaurMay 3, 2020
Perfectly made. Screenplay and score is amazing. A must watch for anyone, not just those who want to learn about Facebook
amheretojudgeMay 15, 2019
Eisenberg and Garfield are slow dancing in this speedily surfed world, no one is streaming live and the highlight is loosing the art of the game.

The Social Network Fincher is dancing. And boy what a dance this is. So flamboyant and

The Social Network

Fincher is dancing. And boy what a dance this is. So flamboyant and confident in the jibber jabber-ish of the tech world. Yes, this is how it would sound like to others. But this is not narrated by some average writer, Aaron Sorkin, the game changer of the screenplay writing, is in charge of these real life characters. And with director, David Fincher, the time jumps from back and forth to weave out an engaging drama in their tech-y mundane world, that actually thrives on the dorm room, unofficial chats rather than online ones or even the court trials. Your friends are thrown out like some bizarre avant garde idea while creating a website.

The stabbing in the back comes involuntarily and the exhilaration a part of the game, but amidst this game of sacrifice- not of their own but other's, elimination is a way to success, breathes the film, or so it seems on the surface- the romance to make us groove with the momentum of these characters is lacked out by keeping them distant and dry of emotions. Yes, it is practically an apt depiction, but it should have been more unbiased to make us fall for this unknown backstage world.

Staring arrogantly with no empathy in his face, Jesse Eisenberg deserves the respect that he pursues so blindingly in the film. Call me childish, but I was drawn to Andrew Garfield's victimized character. In a virtually statistical world, where there is nothing or no one to actually root for, it is comforting to see Garfield broken and humanized in his porsche black suit. On the other hand, Justin Timberlake comes off disappointing where these major league players are hitting home run after home run, this is the kind of The Social Network Fincher wants you to log into, so give him your password, he is not a fraud.
FilipeNetoJun 2, 2020
Well, this review is going to be hard to do, at least for me. Of course, like anyone who was young in the past decade, I also succumbed to Facebook's hypnosis and I still have an account on this social network, but I confess that I haven'tWell, this review is going to be hard to do, at least for me. Of course, like anyone who was young in the past decade, I also succumbed to Facebook's hypnosis and I still have an account on this social network, but I confess that I haven't been there in months and I haven't spent much time there. This spell that Facebook, and all other social networks, could have on me has long since lost its effect. Today, and I will be very honest in what I am going to say, I see no reason to spend hours stuck to a social network, putting likes on posts, commenting or talking to other people. Now, let's talk about the film itself.

The film is not bad, but it is far from being something I want to see again. The plot addresses the process of creating and developing Facebook and the legal struggles that Mark Zuckerberg faced after that. Directed by David Fincher, it is quite weak in its task because, as it happens a lot with films based on real facts, it creates a new fictional story over real people. I know this is cinema, creative freedom is part of cinematographic art but, as I said in a lot of other reviews, there are logical limits to that freedom when dealing with real people and, worse, people who is still quite... alive.

The cast has a lot of easily recognizable names and most have made a very positive effort. However, not everything went well. The way the characters were thought was what most irritated me. If some are stupid teenagers, others are opportunists, and there are still a lot of smart **** There is virtually no character we can like and that blocked my interest in what I was seeing. Thus, we have Jesse Eisenberg in the shoes of Zuckerberg, but in such a negative way and with so bad material that the character is inedible. He is a complete jerk, unable to capture the audience's sympathy. Dakota Johnson, Max Minghella, Rooney Mara and Joseph Mazzello try to help, however they have little to do, once the film is delivered to Eisenberg. On the positive side, we have the good performances of Andrew Garfield, who gave life to Facebook's first CFO, as well as Justin Timberlake, who was very good in his role too. Armie Hammer surprises by giving life to twin brothers in an impressive and realistic way.

Winner of three Oscars (Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Editing, Best Original Song), it is technically a capable and decent film but not impressive. It has regular cinematography, sets and costumes and, despite the prizes, the soundtrack did not impress or attract my attention.

Honestly, I don't even understand the visibility given to this film. I don't think it justifies it, and maybe it was very stimulated by advertising and the media (convenient for the social network portrayed, isn't it?).
LegitSaltMay 6, 2020
When I watch it, I enjoy it and notice new subtleties each time, but when I let it stew in my mind, I never want to revisit it and it always leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Part of this is likely due to design, but I can’t help to retractWhen I watch it, I enjoy it and notice new subtleties each time, but when I let it stew in my mind, I never want to revisit it and it always leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Part of this is likely due to design, but I can’t help to retract myself from the highest laudations that the film receives. I think Jesse Eisenberg does a great job and truly embodies the role. His performance is what I think of when I think of Mark Zuckerberg. However, his character deters me from the experience. Zuckerberg is such a narcissistic self-absorbed jerk that I can never look to The Social Network with the mindset of, “I’d love to experience that again.” Zuckerberg is so manipulative and cocky and remarkably intelligent, that you can’t help but secretly root for his failure. The thing is, Zuckerberg doesn’t fail, he comes out on top. The good Samaritan doesn’t always succeed. Garfield, Hammer, and even Timberlake all give good performances and in a way are foils for Zuckerberg’s character. The club scenes in this and Fincher’s other works are well-shot and authentic and the sound design is well scaled. I can’t add anything new to this movie’s praises. I admit it’s a great movie and is especially well written, but it is also remarkably off-putting to me. Expand
theCRITIC2May 23, 2018
I'm not gonna lie, I got bored while watching but that's my fault. But when I re-watched this again, it's actually very riveting. David Fincher as a director of this film is so great with jumps cuts but the real prize goes to Aaron Sorkin,I'm not gonna lie, I got bored while watching but that's my fault. But when I re-watched this again, it's actually very riveting. David Fincher as a director of this film is so great with jumps cuts but the real prize goes to Aaron Sorkin, the screenwriter of the film. The dialogue of this film is so witty and snappy, it feels like you're watching a play. Watching the making of Facebook and how it went big is so interesting. Overall, this was a fun movie to watch. Expand
Morty_McFlayNov 6, 2019
Easily one of the greatest films of this generation, maybe even of all time. I can’t think of another film in recent memory where every creative influence involved was operating in such peak form; Fincher’s immaculate visual direction,Easily one of the greatest films of this generation, maybe even of all time. I can’t think of another film in recent memory where every creative influence involved was operating in such peak form; Fincher’s immaculate visual direction, Sorkin’s absolutely magnetic dialogue, Trent Reznor’s amazing score, excellent performances from every cast member (Jesus, even Justin Timberlake is good here). It forgoes trying to tell the actual story of Facebook in favor of a tragic story of the deterioration of a friendship, and it’s all the better for it. This film would work just as well without the Facebook element. It manages to be both entertaining and intellectual, easily accessible yet interesting to dive into, the best of both worlds. A must-watch not just for film fans, but for everyone. Expand
GrantD243Apr 25, 2018
I watched this film once when it first came out, and I liked it, but I was a bit younger back then so I thought I should re-watch it and see if it was actually as good as I've always thought. Of course, since then I've explored the work ofI watched this film once when it first came out, and I liked it, but I was a bit younger back then so I thought I should re-watch it and see if it was actually as good as I've always thought. Of course, since then I've explored the work of David Fincher and Aaron Sorkin, and I'm a huge fan of both of them. So it's not surprise that I definitely am still a fan of this movie, and I think I enjoyed it even more now that I understand some of the concepts discussed throughout it better than I did back then (I was 13 when I first saw it). Story: The Social Network is a tragedy. It's about the creation of Facebook, but really it's about Mark Zuckerberg starting out as an a**hole and failing to change his ways by the end. Viewers aren't meant to like him, and in the end I almost felt satisfaction when he had to pay out huge for settlements and was still left without any real friends. Still, it's also impressive just how intelligent his character is and what he is able to accomplish with his coding skills. Script: C'mon now, this was written by Sorkin...so of course it's written very well. Zuckerberg's dialogue is the most impressive part of it, unsurprisingly, and the opening conversation of the movie could be shown to someone and they'd know everything they need to know about his character. Acting: Solid acting from everyone involved, with Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield being the standouts. I can't really see anybody else playing Mark Zuckerberg other than Jesse. Cinematography: Nothing crazy here, but it is shot well for the kind of movie it is. I particularly enjoyed the opening set of shots following Mark as he navigates though the college campus. Overall:This isn't the kind of movie that you watch if you're looking for a feel good or action packed story, but it is still very much worth watching. Expand
bertboy93Jul 27, 2020
overrated, but still a very solid movie, david fincher did a good job at directing the movie and that ending!!!
ErikTheCriticOct 16, 2018
Thoroughly engaging and riveting, solidly acted and flawlessly scripted, "The Social Network" is an extraordinary film that offers us an insightful look at the social media we all use and love.
YesterJan 24, 2020
The plot of the movie is boring and there really isn't any redeeming quality to it all. It's extremely mediocre and forgettable.
MrScallopsJun 19, 2019
I'm going to admit it: I have never particularly liked Jesse Eisenberg or the way he acts every single one of his characters. The Social Network is obviously no exception to Eisenberg's acting style, but unlike most of his roles, he isI'm going to admit it: I have never particularly liked Jesse Eisenberg or the way he acts every single one of his characters. The Social Network is obviously no exception to Eisenberg's acting style, but unlike most of his roles, he is actually perfectly suited to play Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. His performance, and that of his co-star Andrew Garfield, do much to make this film stand out.

The other thing that helps is, of course, David Fincher's directing. The way the story has been pieced together by the script, the direction and the editing makes the film feel fast paced despite there not being a single action scene in it. There are even times when the movie moves at such speed it becomes a bit difficult to actually grasp things. Real tension is created by shifting the story between the hearing scenes of the present and the things leading up to the hearing in the past. It makes the movie feel almost like a thriller. Other than that, the source material gives little for Fincher to actually do.

Overall, it's a very stylish and polished production with some nice foreshadowing and great dialogue. The music is mostly beautiful, sometimes annoying, and the film features great drama and tension.
harshsbMar 3, 2019
The Social Network is the true dramatized story of Mark Zuckerberg, the creation and rise of Facebook and a plethora of problems which arose in the way. The movie is executed perfectly, with every scene being an interesting extension of theThe Social Network is the true dramatized story of Mark Zuckerberg, the creation and rise of Facebook and a plethora of problems which arose in the way. The movie is executed perfectly, with every scene being an interesting extension of the last, the movie does a great job at captivating the audience's attention. Sorkin did an amazing job at the dialogue, further assisted by Jesse Eisenberg's amazing job at playing a socially-inept, condescending, genius watching his creation play out and take over the world. The soundtrack compliments the scenes amazingly well, all though there are some issues with the pacing of the film. The Social Network is a modern classic. Expand
TomtagApr 16, 2019
Such an impressive movie. I love the acting, it was excellent and the story was great as well. This is also really helpful for people who want to know how Facebook was made.
zNeverSleepingMar 15, 2020
O filme tem bons diálogos, e muito disso vem do mérito não só do roteiro como das interpretações de Jesse Eisenberg e Andrew Garfield. Gostei também do cuidado de não por certos personagens numa caixinha previsível, como direcionar alguémO filme tem bons diálogos, e muito disso vem do mérito não só do roteiro como das interpretações de Jesse Eisenberg e Andrew Garfield. Gostei também do cuidado de não por certos personagens numa caixinha previsível, como direcionar alguém como malvado ou altruísta - exceto no caso da garota namorada do Eduardo.
O filme também traz algumas reflexões quanto a própria rede social, as comunidades universitárias e até mesmo no mundo empresarial, onde um passa a perna no outro.
Wavy_YeezyMay 24, 2019
This was a great movie. I do think it stretches out too much, but it's great. Jesse Eisenberg makes a amazing Mark Zuckerburg. He deservingly got a nomination for Best Actor for the movie.
NiyazzzAug 7, 2019
the film is good, but I think that the ending is not fully disclosed. To understand how it all ended, I had to bark on the Internet. Good movie, suitable for beginner programmers
MrDog3Jul 13, 2020
David Fincher at his best, amazing direction, amazing cast and a wonderful soundtrack. The Social Network is showing us not just the create of facebook, but the gap between the society, and the harsh, unreliable life of business. Of courseDavid Fincher at his best, amazing direction, amazing cast and a wonderful soundtrack. The Social Network is showing us not just the create of facebook, but the gap between the society, and the harsh, unreliable life of business. Of course don't forget the amazing IT life, and the hope that everyone can be very rich within it. Expand
Cooperward4Oct 12, 2019
The Social Network is the best biopic of all time. The Social Network is a flawless character study of the famous CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg. The film tells its story brilliantly in a non-linear fashion. The groundwork of the film isThe Social Network is the best biopic of all time. The Social Network is a flawless character study of the famous CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg. The film tells its story brilliantly in a non-linear fashion. The groundwork of the film is set by introducing its conflict first. Then using this established conflict to branch off into to the tale of how Mark Zuckerberg founded Facebook, made enemies and destroyed relationships all in the name of success. Jesse Eisenberg plays the roll of Mark Zuckerberg perfectly. He gives an incredibly realistic performance which is able to capture the many nuances of the character as the film progresses. The film is also filled with amazing performances from the likes off Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake, Rooney Mara and Armie Hammer. But the clear strength of this film is its spectacular dialogue written by Aaron Sorkin. So many scenes in this film have some of the most realistic dialogue ever written. Each line of dialogue sounds a conversation that could legitimately happen and it makes each scene that much better and memorable. Overall this is a brilliant film with an incredible cast of characters, realistic dialogue topped of with amazing direction by David Fincher. Expand
i_m_a_blowfishNov 9, 2019
David fincher's work mixed with jesse eisenberg's attitude and glamour of new age hits it right.
StalloneFeb 10, 2020
It's a good story about how did a simple guy create a huge business. But I wish I'd knew before that it will continue to be just a mean of money earning. I'll never return to Facebook after finding Utopia p2p. I simply respect my privacyIt's a good story about how did a simple guy create a huge business. But I wish I'd knew before that it will continue to be just a mean of money earning. I'll never return to Facebook after finding Utopia p2p. I simply respect my privacy online and don't want anyone to scan and store my messages. Expand
clorenzSep 6, 2020
David Fincher's "The Social Network" is a film that plunges you right into your own self-consciousness without you even realizing it. The film is a technical masterpiece on every level and is so rewatchable that it delightfully seizes yourDavid Fincher's "The Social Network" is a film that plunges you right into your own self-consciousness without you even realizing it. The film is a technical masterpiece on every level and is so rewatchable that it delightfully seizes your attention from the moment the first scene comes into focus. The "Social Network" is a movie that thrives on the beauty of each scene and how they are masterfully edited together to provide a piece of art that fits together like it's the world's most satisfying puzzle. The movie begins with a simple scene between Mark Zuckeberg, played masterfully by Jesse Eisenberg, and his fictional girlfriend Erica Albright, played by Rooney Mara. The beauty of this scene is how naturally it sets the tone for the movie, the motives of the main character, and how the music score is attention demanding as it is in every scene in this movie. This scene shows us that Mark is a man that desires social respect from people over anything else. The opening bar scene between him and Erica displays how he thinks intellectual achievements should lead him to all what he thinks will bring him a most fulfilling life: fame and success. The "Social Network" shows how this ideology can lead to us losing our closest friends in the vast and complicated web that the social experience can be. The movie gets its heart from the character Eduardo Savron played by Andrew Garfield. Garfield's emotional portrayal of this character is so gripping and relatable that it now seems like a crime that his performance was not met with an Academy Award for best Supporting Actor. The back and forth dialogue between Eduardo and Mark are some of the best parts of the movie. These scenes not only show the brilliance of the screenplay written by Aaron Sorkin, but also the Oscar level performances given by Eisenberg and Garfield. The performances in this movie don't stop there, though, since both Hammer and Timberlake give very solid performances as the Winklevoss twins and Sean Parker respectively. The Winklevoss twins symbolize the privilege and status the Mark wishes he had while Sean Parker symbolizes the attitude that Mark believes he needs to have to get there. These characters are pivotal to developing Mark's journey for why and how he soon becomes the youngest billionaire in the world. What makes the "Social Network" truly special is how it takes such a simple story and turns it into must watch cinema. The score is consistently blood pumping and masterful throughout the entire movie. This fast paced score, combined with the rapid editing and dialogue take a simple story and make it a heart pumping story of the societal pressures of being "cool". "The Social Network" is David Fincher's first masterpiece and it relies on his direction. The direction he takes with this story combined with the master class technical aspects make this movie one of the best pieces of cinema the 21st century has seen. Expand
RobwinzApr 19, 2020
Brilliant movie, which shows the struggles which the Chad himself Mark Zuckerberg had while he was starting up his business which is known as Facebook. Also, there's a brilliant performance from the man himself Andrew Garfield from start to finish.
JeckxdeelOct 6, 2020
David Fincher made a great movie with SE7EN. A great thriller/crime movie. My sideburns in the mystery/suspense genre are DRESSED TO KILL/BLOW OUT/BODY DOUBLE by Brian De Palma, ANGEL HEART by Alan Parker, THE USUAL SUSPECTS by Bryan Singer,David Fincher made a great movie with SE7EN. A great thriller/crime movie. My sideburns in the mystery/suspense genre are DRESSED TO KILL/BLOW OUT/BODY DOUBLE by Brian De Palma, ANGEL HEART by Alan Parker, THE USUAL SUSPECTS by Bryan Singer, CAPE FEAR by Martin Scorsese, some Hitchcock films, etc. And SE7EN comes right after. And I like other genres than the mystery/suspense genre. But THE SOCIAL NETWORK is not for me at all. This film feels longer than it is. It has too many lenghts. It's too chatty and overdialogued. And the plot is not cinematic at all in my opinion. It's just very boring! Expand
jakeyjakeApr 27, 2020
Absolutely flawless writing and performances. For viewers who need constant action in order to be entertained, this movie is not for you. But if you are an aspiring screenwriter or filmmaker, who wants to someday tell interesting storiesAbsolutely flawless writing and performances. For viewers who need constant action in order to be entertained, this movie is not for you. But if you are an aspiring screenwriter or filmmaker, who wants to someday tell interesting stories through limited action or budget, "The Social Network" is a must see. Aaron Sorkin's meticulous script is just so perfectly crafted and when you combine that with David Fincher's brilliant hand behind the camera, you get a movie like "The Social Network". 10/10 Expand
NeuromereMay 2, 2020
A combination of Aaron Sorkin's clever dialogue and Jesse Eisenberg's brilliant acting makes for a film worth watching. Nobody writes as well as Aaron Sorkin and this proves his worth as one of the greatest writers of the 21st century.A combination of Aaron Sorkin's clever dialogue and Jesse Eisenberg's brilliant acting makes for a film worth watching. Nobody writes as well as Aaron Sorkin and this proves his worth as one of the greatest writers of the 21st century. Although Jessie Eisenburge was an incredible choice as Mark Zukaburge I can't help but feel that Andrew Garfield wasn't the right person for his role. Expand
schizoidnightMay 26, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, Mark Zuckerberg is a real person. Yes, he is one of the founders of Facebook. Yes, he went to Harvard. Yes, he did actually create a site that had people rank university students on their level of perceived attractiveness. No, it had nothing to do with getting revenge on any girl. In fact, the site also included pictures of male students, who were also subject to ratings. The site was up for only a weekend. Mark accepted responsibility and apologized fully.

This film depicts him as a promiscuous man, at times showing him to ogle his interns. This is total fiction. Mark began dating student Priscilla Chan at Harvard, who is far from a groupie (there was never any groupies)... She is a pediatrician and has a medical degree. They married back in 2012 (two years after this film was made) and have two kids together. The depicted personality of Mark in the film is fictional to the point of absurdity.

Mark did not "steal" Facebook from the Winklevoss brothers. The idea of online social networking already existed. Mark did not deprive them of anything. He simply lost interest in their conception of a social networking site, and focused on a better one. As I am not familiar with these brothers, I cannot say if how they are portrayed in the film is accurate or not. Most probably not.

A year after this film was released, co-founder Eduardo Saverin fled to Singapore after renouncing his American citizenship in order to avoid paying hundreds of millions in taxes back to the society he had profited so much from. He is a multi-billionaire today, worth an estimated $11.3 billion. Mark had decided to push Saverin out of the company due to his apparent lack of cooperation with Zuckerberg, although the exact details are protected by non-disclosure agreements.

Overall, the film is well-acted, directed, but it's not a biography, and would be better suited for maybe satire, or alternate history. And a pretty nonsensical one at that.
AndrewHordMay 29, 2020
Interesting work by David Fincher.It has great narrative and attracts watchers by well-made characters.The main character was played very skilfully.
MattKingsburyJun 8, 2020
A brilliantly crafted film with dialogue beautifully crafted by Sorkin. Yet, I just cannot quite put it up there with the true greats - and I'm not sure why.
GarrusIsBeastJun 18, 2020
This movies is so brilliant with its acting, plot, cinematography, and editing. Jesse Eisenberg is truly a legend!
afm185Jun 21, 2020
Just incredibly interesting. It’s smartly written (with some particularly memorable dialogue), entertaining, thoroughly dramatic, and the fact that this is based on a true story that we all sorta know but don’t exactly know is crazy. TheJust incredibly interesting. It’s smartly written (with some particularly memorable dialogue), entertaining, thoroughly dramatic, and the fact that this is based on a true story that we all sorta know but don’t exactly know is crazy. The acting is really amazing, especially from Andrew Garfield, though I can’t say anyone does anything less than a great job. I imagine not everything here is completely true, but true enough that the plot is fascinating and utterly compelling. There wasn’t a moment in the movie I was bored despite, in all honesty, the events mostly being somewhat mundane. I’ll be honest while I liked the ending it feels a bit abrupt. For my enjoyment I wouldn’t quite say it’s amazing but I thought it was great. Expand
dmturnerJul 29, 2020
There are films I don't like but understand why other people like them but this movie I don't get it. It's so boring with such awful unlikely characters. You couldn't pay to watch this rubbish again.
MrPajamasSep 9, 2020
The social network tells the story of the now most famous Mark Zuckerberg. The film is really brilliantly shot and showed perhaps everything it should have to know how Facebook came into being. I probably won't say anything more about that.The social network tells the story of the now most famous Mark Zuckerberg. The film is really brilliantly shot and showed perhaps everything it should have to know how Facebook came into being. I probably won't say anything more about that. This is just an absolute gem, and if you use social networks at least a little, you should give this film a chance. Expand