Aviron Pictures | Release Date: March 9, 2018
6.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 95 Ratings
Watch Now
TryASummersaultMar 9, 2018
8.6/10 A truly surprising near perfect homage to old school 80s slasher/horror, that improved upon the mediocre first film by a massive amount. The John Carpenter influence within the ominous atmospheric camerawork and soundtrack was8.6/10 A truly surprising near perfect homage to old school 80s slasher/horror, that improved upon the mediocre first film by a massive amount. The John Carpenter influence within the ominous atmospheric camerawork and soundtrack was prevalent and worked flawlessly. The old trailer park setting was so fitting for the overall story and served as an unsettling playground for brutality to set in. This film upped the intensity to an extremely entertaining level with some very unexpected scares and some truly bizarre and grotesque imagery. While some of the cheesy cliches were around, they felt like they belonged there for it to truly be an old school slasher. Instead of random knocks and stupid games played by the strangers in the first film, there were vicious bouts of action packed visceral brutality and damn right insanity by the villains. Johannes Roberts is a director to watch after this awesome film and his style is seeping with foreboding fun. Overall one of the more enthralling and exciting horrors I've seen. Expand
AriaSalessiApr 11, 2018
The Strangers: Prey At Night might be filled with horror cliches, but the extraordinary acting, catchy song choices, and the 80's John Carpenter horror throwback will definitely make those cliches much more entertaining. In addition to makingThe Strangers: Prey At Night might be filled with horror cliches, but the extraordinary acting, catchy song choices, and the 80's John Carpenter horror throwback will definitely make those cliches much more entertaining. In addition to making this film stand out among other slasher flicks, this one hour and thirty minute bloody roller coaster was definitely worth the long wait. Expand
LightsourceMar 9, 2018
I really enjoyed this movie. You know what to expect if you've seen the trailer or the original film, and it doesn't disappoint. There are plenty of horrifying moments, and I could feel the energy and positive reactions of others in theI really enjoyed this movie. You know what to expect if you've seen the trailer or the original film, and it doesn't disappoint. There are plenty of horrifying moments, and I could feel the energy and positive reactions of others in the theater around me at key moments during the movie. It doesn't break any new ground, but it is a good follow-up to the original. If you like horror films (of the serial killer variety), you will like this one as well! Expand
Miktek73May 23, 2018
I went in with quite low expectations, which in hindsight may have helped with my overall enjoyment of the film. I actually really enjoyed it and was surprised at the quality of the soundtrack. While not a great film, for horror fans and fansI went in with quite low expectations, which in hindsight may have helped with my overall enjoyment of the film. I actually really enjoyed it and was surprised at the quality of the soundtrack. While not a great film, for horror fans and fans of the old slashers, this film delivers a fairly tight paced, horror film that I feel most horror fans should get into. The premise, as shown in the trailer, is simply, a family are stalked in a trailer park by 3 'strangers'. Not much else really too it, but I found the characters to be ok (no-body particularly annoyed me) and some of the deaths were well done. Overall I enjoyed it and can recommend to those who enjoyed the first and to those that are into horror slashers. Expand
TheQuietGamerOct 30, 2018
Change is the name of the game for this sequel. Prey at Night ditches it's predecessor's slower, more methodical approach in order to go all-out '80s slasher throwback on us. It's a darn good one too.

While callbacks to the first film show

While callbacks to the first film show that many of this masked, serial killing family's rituals are still very much alive, it's clear that they've been up to a lot in the 10 years since we last saw them. They've evolved. They're bolder, more experienced, and even a little sloppier as a result. One of the interesting things about the first movie was finding out that Dollface was a beginner who maybe even struggled a little with the act of taking lives. To see her now as a seasoned murderer without a single speck of hesitation or remorse is haunting. All three of them have a greater level of confidence. Gone are most of the mind games. These psychopaths are ready for the chase.

The location fits their new approach well. A wide open trailer park replaces the more confined setting of the earlier remote vacation home. It's got a Camp Crystal Lake vibe (sans lake) and allows for bigger set pieces to alongside the increased amount of gore. I love how the "Strangers" are still making great use of shadows to eerily watch their prey from a distance. It was one of the defining aspects of the first film for me and it's just as creepy as ever.

The soundtrack is once again a notable part of the experience. Just not as frequently as before. '80s pop replaces the country music and delivers some great moments. Kim Wilde's "Kids in America" is used to make one of my favorite openings to any movie ever.

Did I mention it's gorgeous too? Johannes Roberts loves showing off each killer's creepy mask with beautiful cinematography. The colorful lights and underwater shots of the pool scene are stunning in their everyday nature. This definitely feels like a real place families would go on vacation and the movie makes every average inch of it look great.

So what didn't work for me? Only two things really. The expositional family drama is rather cliché and doesn't do anything more than focus on the antagonistic side of the protagonists' relationship with one another until they reach their (final) destination. At which point the action ramps up. Nothing too bad, but kind of "eh" overall. Then there's the ending scene which I hated. I get that this is part love letter to the slasher classics from back in the day. Shoot, one of my favorite scenes is a clear homage to the ending of Tobe Hooper's The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. But right before the credits roll it kind of goes a bit too far and steps on the fact that these killers are supposed to be average people. It's part of what made the previous Strangers so special.

I think watching this in close proximity with it's predecessor is the best way to do it. Doing so increased my enjoyment a lot as it provided some nice catharsis after the events of that film. You'll also get the full picture of just how strongly the antagonists have grown into their career of senseless violence. This is an almost entirely different kind of horror movie than the one it serves as a follow-up to, but the way it handles the killers makes it feel like the next logical step. The way it borrows from it's inspirations makes it more than just a good emulation, but a slasher strong enough to maybe even stand beside those greats it so clearly looks up to.

8.5/10
erolsabadoshJul 8, 2018
As someone who really enjoyed the first film I'm quite surprised that a sequel took so long to appear. I wasn't sure what to expect but I knew that I wanted to like this... and I did! I actually liked it even more than I thought I would, IAs someone who really enjoyed the first film I'm quite surprised that a sequel took so long to appear. I wasn't sure what to expect but I knew that I wanted to like this... and I did! I actually liked it even more than I thought I would, I was prepared for a lesser copy of the first film but that's not quite what we got. Yes, it has the same basic concept, but other than that it's got a totally different vibe this time; 80s homage, stylish, hip, gruesome yet tongue-in-cheek and it works. You can tell that the director and the performers really cared about what they were doing and this entirely makes up for a fairly empty script. Visually, this is full of eye candy; and scares-wise it's pretty good too, I definitely jumped a few times and felt very unsettled the whole way through which to me. There was merely one moment towards the very end that I genuinely didn't like that I thought was one step too far in homage but overall my expectations were met and exceeded and not only am I interested in following this director but I'd like to see another sequel but only if the same level of effort is put into it. Expand
miliknukuatApr 17, 2018
Watch The Strangers: Prey at Night Full Movies Online Free HD Watch here --> http://ifsanmovies.cf/movie/371608/the-strangers-prey-at-night.html

Watch here --> https://ifsanmovies.co/movie/371608/the-strangers-prey-at-night