Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) | Release Date: June 24, 1983
7.2
Generally favorable reviews based on 40 Ratings
Watch Now
NShep53May 30, 2015
Twilight Zone: The Movie is more known for the horrific deaths that plagued the production of the movie rather than the film itself so I never felt reviewers of the time really gave it a real shot. No, it isn't amazing, but it does do thingsTwilight Zone: The Movie is more known for the horrific deaths that plagued the production of the movie rather than the film itself so I never felt reviewers of the time really gave it a real shot. No, it isn't amazing, but it does do things well. Like many episodes of the series, it is creepy (maybe because 3 of 4 segments are redos from the original show) and it is well acted with visually great set pieces. The segments themselves are a mixed bag though, the first segment (Time Out) which is completely original, is probably the worst. John Landis and Steven Spielberg actually get schooled in the directing dept. by Joe Dante and George Miller because their segments are so much better than the former.

If you like the original Twilight Zone, you should watch it. I enjoyed it pretty well and I love the original series. Temper expectations and you should be fine.
Meth-dudeMar 16, 2017
Twilight Zone: The movie is not even close to be as good as the classic tv show and it's not particularly scary, but it's well made and the end result is pretty entertaining. While it could've been so much more, it still wasn't bad at all.
smartmartJun 21, 2015
This is a pretty great movie for the most part, and really underrated. Only one of the segments kept me from giving this a 9 or 10, which is the segment by Steven Spielberg. It is well-shot, and isn't HORRIBLE, but it is pretty dumb, andThis is a pretty great movie for the most part, and really underrated. Only one of the segments kept me from giving this a 9 or 10, which is the segment by Steven Spielberg. It is well-shot, and isn't HORRIBLE, but it is pretty dumb, and doesn't even try to be scary. The rest are pretty well made, especially the last two, which use great special effects! Expand