Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: December 18, 1998
7.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 97 Ratings
Watch Now
inaneswineNov 14, 2017
On the surface, the film is a typical romantic comedy, based on the premise that two business enemies begin anonymously chatting to each other online, and fall in love with each other's nameless identities through the internet. For me, thisOn the surface, the film is a typical romantic comedy, based on the premise that two business enemies begin anonymously chatting to each other online, and fall in love with each other's nameless identities through the internet. For me, this was the least interesting part of the film. What interested me more was its exploration of the business world, and the moral grey area of huge business chains and franchises sweeping through society, forcing the closure of smaller, family-run businesses that haven't a snowball's chance in hell of competing.

Nonetheless, it is clear that this was not the main point that the filmmakers were trying to show, and what results is a slow romantic comedy, and the romance that ever-so-slowly blossoms between Hanks and Ryan feels all the more forced. Hanks gives a typically great performance, and Ryan isn't too shabby either. It's a shame that they are surrounded by a chorus of one-dimensional characters who really offer nothing of true value to the story, and the plot itself is strained to the point of implausibility. But for most of its runtime, it will keep you entertained.
EpicLadySpongeApr 7, 2016
Something came in the mail today... I wonder what is it. It's..... YOU'VE GOT MAIL!!!! Sorry, even the joke's stupid, but I made it a lot better to fit in this movie. If I ever see this movie in my inbox, you should know what I'm going to do with it.
amheretojudgeAug 24, 2018
calculative and constructive steps..

You've Got Mail You've Got Mail is a plot driven romance about a guy and a girl who are unknown to each other but knows more about each other than anyone. It is a classic romantic tale whose simplicity
calculative and constructive steps..

You've Got Mail

You've Got Mail is a plot driven romance about a guy and a girl who are unknown to each other but knows more about each other than anyone. It is a classic romantic tale whose simplicity is its key that unlocks each and every emotions of the audience as it goes through its track. The chemistry as required, is just amazing with both the lead cast, investing equally, draws out the heat from the content. Ticking for two hours, there isn't an inch of the feature, that is bourgeois or distraction, it is pure concrete material. The goofyness, the flirty talks, the references and the cheesy tricks, all works in its favour because of its genuine reasonings that are justified to the core. Chugging down all the perspective that they could squeeze out in the allotted time, it offers enough reasons for the audience to stay on the edge of the seat. It is short on technical aspects like background score, cinematography and sound department. The camera work is decently handled with beautiful visuals and bright colors that lights up the feature and offers a breezy atmosphere to the viewers. The narrative is smart if not mature, hilarious if not practical and honest to the core if chalky around the edges. Hanks has never been better with his flawed and complex character while Ryan is good enough to steal the spotlight from him. Ephron; the co-writer and director, may not be as convincing while executing the script, but his screenplay is worth basically everything. Argumentative conversations, witty dialogues and the good old romantic tale that we all have been missing are the high points of the feature. You've Got Mail cannot be categorized into guilty pleasure, it is much smarter than it seems in its calculative and constructive steps.