• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 11, 2018
7.7

1. May 1, 2018
    I really enjoy this new series. With a bit of magic tricks makes the vision pleasant and not boring at all. Love it.
  2. May 19, 2018
    Actually pretty smart and not always predictable in the initial plots. It does fall into a lot of predictable plot complications but overall fairly interesting for today’s fare.

IMO, the cancellation was premature and the producers should shop this to other networks.
  3. May 31, 2018
    This show is just perfect. The story is great and not common. The characters are good. It’s very funny : there’s not a single episode where I didn’t laugh. This show is a combination of fun, plot twist, drama. And there’s also magic. They always tried to do it for real (the actor that plays the main character does magic in real life) and avoid adding special effects.
    We never know what’s
    We never know what’s gonna happen !
    But it got cancelled. Because it was a really good show. Please #SaveDeception !
    Go check the petition to renew Deception : https://www.change.org/p/abc-renew-deception
  4. May 31, 2018
    This show is nothing like I've ever seen before. It's surprising how I want more of it when I'm not even interested in crime shows! Deception has me feeling a ton of emotions just with 13 episodes!
  5. Jun 1, 2018
    One of the best shows out there.It has many twists and turns.It will definelty put you on a rollercoaster of emotions.You should watch it or your missing out.Seriously not kidding!
  6. May 11, 2018
    I LOVE THE SHOW AND ITS STORY-LINE ESPECIALLY ON HOW THE SCENE IS BEING PRESENTED AND OF COURSE HIGHLIGHTING OF WHAT THE SHOW IS MEANT TO BE "ILLUSIONS/TRICKS". COMEDY AND DRAMA - WELL BALANCED. I'M LOOKING FORWARD FOR MORE TRICKS.
  7. May 17, 2018
    I think Deception is a great show and definitely worthy of another season. I like that it’s based on twins (hardly any shows based on that concept), is different from the usual police/FBI procedurals that are so prolific on TV and that there is some magic involved. It’s something the whole family can watch but still has enough adult themes to interest those who don’t have teenagers etc.I think Deception is a great show and definitely worthy of another season. I like that it’s based on twins (hardly any shows based on that concept), is different from the usual police/FBI procedurals that are so prolific on TV and that there is some magic involved. It’s something the whole family can watch but still has enough adult themes to interest those who don’t have teenagers etc. There’s murder, theft, general violence but much less gratuitous than in the other police franchises and different enough from the CSI-style shows. . The use of magic (or deception) to help catch the criminals is a nice touch and it’s never that the use of magic solves the crime, only that it helps trap the criminal etc.

It's good fun and has some great one-liners and I like that the show has started spending a little more time on Jonathan’s story in prison rather than focusing on the case-of-the-week only. It also has some slightly darker elements but the overall tone is optimistic due to the ‘main’ character Cameron being very upbeat mostly. There’s also some surprisingly poignant moments where we get to see more depth from some of the backing characters (even more surprisingly from Vinnie Jones’ character). I dislike though the hints about a romance between Cameron and Kay (the lead FBI agent), as honestly, it’s so cliched to have that element (two main characters falling in love) in yet another show; I do like that the ‘secondary’ characters have a romance instead.

The main problem has been the lack of advertising focus and the timeslot that was chosen for Deception – many people wouldn’t watch something like this so late on a Sunday.
  8. May 21, 2018
    The cancellation was so quick, it didn't even give Deception a chance to show all its potential - which is huge, because it has a great cast, and a great story, and great character development and relationships.
    Deception might sound silly, when first hearing about it (come on, a magician that helps solve crimes?), but it's incredibly good. It's filled with magic tricks, has twins (everything is better with twins), and fun. And it's a good humor, not a ridiculous, forced humor we find in so many series. It deserves more.
  9. May 29, 2018
    This show is a fun mix of magic, heist, and police drama. I love the characters, and currently this is my favorite show on TV. I hope it gets renewed for a second season.
  10. May 21, 2018
    Honestly I know the plot seems super hokey and cliche, it honestly works really well and still manages to feel really fresh! I love the chemistry all the characters have together. Each episode has a great mystery, as well as the recurring mystery that slowly unravels over the season, which adds so much to the show. I think ABC is doing this show dirty by giving it a bogus time slot andHonestly I know the plot seems super hokey and cliche, it honestly works really well and still manages to feel really fresh! I love the chemistry all the characters have together. Each episode has a great mystery, as well as the recurring mystery that slowly unravels over the season, which adds so much to the show. I think ABC is doing this show dirty by giving it a bogus time slot and very little advertising, and despite this it still seems pretty popular and many people love it. I think a network just needs to put a little more work into getting exposure for it and I know it’ll be popular. Please give us another season! Expand
  11. May 24, 2018
    Once again the networks have no brains and no idea what intelligent viewers want to watch. DO NOT CANCEL DECEPTION!!!! This is a brainy, funny, interesting show with great actors and a mysterious theme. If you enjoy watching smart shows, this is the one!
  12. May 25, 2018
    This is the most awesome show on TV!!!!!!!
    Keeps you glued to the tv to see what will happen!!!!!
    Its never boring!!!!!!!
    You want to watch over and over again because it is so awesome!!!!!!!!
  13. May 28, 2018
    Fun, clever, creative, with just the right amount of suspense and drama. Keeps me on the edge of my seat because there is never a dull moment and the acting is top notch. I love how the magic tricks and effects are weaved into each episode. I can't believe its already over I really think its a mistake to cancel deception makes me sad that it won't get another season.
  14. May 30, 2018
    A big part of my life was magic. When I was a kid, my dad used to do some small tricks for me and my brother and I was always fascinated with that. Eventually I grew up. I started learning more advanced tricks and I started noticing the real art behind MAGIC. Magic was always a great part of my life. It's one of the best types of art, it's smart and it inspires people to think outside theA big part of my life was magic. When I was a kid, my dad used to do some small tricks for me and my brother and I was always fascinated with that. Eventually I grew up. I started learning more advanced tricks and I started noticing the real art behind MAGIC. Magic was always a great part of my life. It's one of the best types of art, it's smart and it inspires people to think outside the box. Deception brought even more magic to my life. It's a shame that it ended... I really loved it. Expand
  15. Apr 29, 2018
    More style than substance, and the style is just like every other modern TV show that uses incessant background music (like a Hallmark movie), flippant remarks from the jokey lead in serious situations, mysterious women who are too beautiful to have names, and pretty much everything you'd expect from a poor man's version of a Bond movie. It's just pure nonsense and fully removed fromMore style than substance, and the style is just like every other modern TV show that uses incessant background music (like a Hallmark movie), flippant remarks from the jokey lead in serious situations, mysterious women who are too beautiful to have names, and pretty much everything you'd expect from a poor man's version of a Bond movie. It's just pure nonsense and fully removed from anything you'd experience in real life. Expand
  16. Apr 11, 2018
    An average procedural with a protagonist you'll want to strangle with your bare hands. Going for the millennials with unabashed arrogance masquerading as jokes, this show is doomed as it's target audience isn't that.
  17. May 28, 2018
    Deception is the first TV show that I have really gotten into and faithfully watched in years. I even stay up late just to watch it. I feel like it wasn't really given a fair shot. I need a second season!

I loved the chemistry between all of the characters and how well they went together. The storyline was fun and exciting too. I loved the idea of a magician using his talent of deception to help the FBI solve cases. It was a refreshing idea that I found really enjoyable to watch.

I’m really disappointed in ABC for cancelling this show midway through the first season. The finale was amazing but it did leave everything on a huge cliff hanger. The set up for season two was amazing and had so much potential. I really wish ABC would reconsider canceling Deception or at least have another network pick up the show. There is too much reality tv and trash shows on tv now that it is so hard to find anything worth watching . This is why I don’t watch tv shows anymore. Every time I find a show I love it gets cancelled before it is even given a fair shot. I think it had a lot to do with the day and time it was on and the lack of advertising for the show. I don’t care who brings this show back but someone really needs to do it!
  18. Jun 4, 2018
    I can honestly say that I love everything about this show! The idea of integrating magic into a drama about the FBI made for clever and thrilling episodes that kept me on the edge of my seat. Throughout Deception's short run I quickly became attached to the characters and found myself constantly wondering what would happen in the next episode. My friends and I were shocked to find out thatI can honestly say that I love everything about this show! The idea of integrating magic into a drama about the FBI made for clever and thrilling episodes that kept me on the edge of my seat. Throughout Deception's short run I quickly became attached to the characters and found myself constantly wondering what would happen in the next episode. My friends and I were shocked to find out that ABC has decided not to renew it for next year. It looks like we're not the only ones that are upset considering there is a petition with almost 14 thousand signatures to get the show back on the air...the only reason it was canceled in the first place is because it didn't get a good time slot and ABC didn't do all that much advertising. Expand
  19. Jun 7, 2018
    It has a very interesting plot and great acting. It's new and original.. Amazing
  20. Jun 8, 2018
    Super film! See do not be paled. Very friendly and interesting. Best show on TV.
  21. Jun 22, 2018
    This show was an amazing show. Me and my twin sister love it so much. The way that Jack Cutmore Scott plaid cam&Johnny was so amazing and so good, the story too wa so special and great :) please continue season 2!! please
  22. Jun 22, 2018
    This show was an amazing show. Me and my twin sister love it so much. All actors in this show was so amazing and so good, the story too was so special and great, associate Magic and FBI that was a good idea:) please continue season 2!! please
  23. Jun 22, 2018
    This show was an amazing show. I love this show. The story was great :) please continue season 2!! please
  24. Jun 22, 2018
    It was a very amazing show!!! I love it. Associate magic and FBI was a really good idea. Hope to see another season. please continue season 2!!
  25. Jul 2, 2018
    Had a lot of fun probably the best new 2018 TV show, it was my favorite 2018 and everyone in my family liked it even though we had different taste of TV shows.
  26. Jau
    Aug 19, 2018
    Great Actors, Great intrigues, solid background story, you get attached to characters... and wait, it's cancelled ? Hey producers, if you don't want to listen to your own people, take a look at French audience ! Are you blind or is it a bad joke ? It's awesome ! Just need a bid more time and advertising ! Please, please, please think about it :-)
  27. Sep 19, 2018
    I read almost all critic reviews and they might me true, this show might not be as brilliant, as exciting as these magazines would like. But it doesn't mean, that ordinary people like me won't like it. Because we do like and love "Deception". Myself, I suffer with depression and finding something to make me smile becomes more and more difficult. This show made me smile, made me interested.I read almost all critic reviews and they might me true, this show might not be as brilliant, as exciting as these magazines would like. But it doesn't mean, that ordinary people like me won't like it. Because we do like and love "Deception". Myself, I suffer with depression and finding something to make me smile becomes more and more difficult. This show made me smile, made me interested. Little magic in my daily life is only for good. I don't care if critics don't find it as good as I think. I just think that it is very unfair to close this particular show and leave all other shows go on. There are many fans, there is even petition to make season 2 - people found time to organize this, to plan and to support. People do love it, "Deception" deserves a second chance Expand

There’s no snap in the storytelling or the filmmaking, just scenes of people talking, talking, talking while the camera sometimes cuts to whatever they’re talking about. Cameron never stops explaining things to other characters, most of whom seem to be there to argue with him or ask follow-up questions so that he has an excuse to explain things some more.
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Mar 12, 2018
    Deception is fairly charming in spite of its blah procedural trappings thanks to Mr. Cutmore-Scott and his character’s bag of tricks and magic team.
  3. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Mar 9, 2018
    The three procedural cases in the episodes I've seen are all decent and sometimes even clever, it's just that a formula sets in so quickly that a lot of dramatic tension is sapped. If every episode is going to have Cameron and his team doing a misdirected illusion to fool the bad guys and the audience is in on that inevitability, we never get to experience the pleasure of magic, which is the whole "being fooled by it" thing.