8.7

1. Feb 19, 2021
    This show emotionally ruined me. Like I may actually need therapy. It's a masterpiece. Anyone who has been affected by HIV is obligated to watch, the best retrospective on the crisis that we're likely to ever get.
  2. Feb 18, 2021
    Nunca chorei tanto com uma série igual foi com essa, vai muito além de falar sobre a AIDS, passa uma mensagem muito linda sobre amizade e família.
  3. Feb 18, 2021
    I am normally pretty allergic to hyperbole, but having watched this whole series twice, I honestly think it might go down as one of the best pieces of TV drama ever made. It's everything that you would hope TV would be - passionate, surprising, angry, clever, funny, and just unbelievably moving. The portrayal of 80s Britain (in which I was a teenager) is so on the money, it makes youI am normally pretty allergic to hyperbole, but having watched this whole series twice, I honestly think it might go down as one of the best pieces of TV drama ever made. It's everything that you would hope TV would be - passionate, surprising, angry, clever, funny, and just unbelievably moving. The portrayal of 80s Britain (in which I was a teenager) is so on the money, it makes you realise how lazy most 80s set drama is. This is surely Russell T Davies's masterpiece. It's been an enormous critical and cultural hit in the UK, I really hope it does the same in the US. It deserves to be seen by as wide an audience as possible. Those poor boys and their bright lives cut so short. What a testament to them all this is. Expand
  4. Feb 20, 2021
    A heartbreaking, but necessary watch, and a loving tribute to a lost generation. While it effortlessly balances the darkness with lighter moments (delivered by an absolutely flawless cast), the mini-series progresses similar to that of a horror film, as we watch the insidious illness make its mark. The creators handle the heaviness of the topic with care, and allow us to truly step intoA heartbreaking, but necessary watch, and a loving tribute to a lost generation. While it effortlessly balances the darkness with lighter moments (delivered by an absolutely flawless cast), the mini-series progresses similar to that of a horror film, as we watch the insidious illness make its mark. The creators handle the heaviness of the topic with care, and allow us to truly step into the lives of the fully-fleshed characters who we truly come to care for. Expand
  5. Feb 18, 2021
    Another classic by creator Russell T Davies. A must see mini-series that you'll never forget.
  6. Feb 22, 2021
    An instant classic. Capturing both the exuberance of youth and the tragedy of the AIDS epidemic through the eyes of a group of friends over a decade. Superb.
  7. Feb 23, 2021
    This show will break your heart. The characters and their relationships are so precious. I found the acting great. It’s easy to see where the storyline is going but it is important for young people that didn’t live through these times to hear the stories. This mini series deserves to be seen by so many more people.

Universal acclaim - based on 22 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Kaveh Jalinous
    Feb 22, 2021
    Even genre-bending as much as it does would normally be a challenge, but It’s A Sin pulls it off through its smart script and its brilliant performances.
  2. Reviewed by: Kelly Lawler
    Feb 22, 2021
    It is a series intimately in conversation with life and death, with the possibility of youth and the injustice of quashed potential. It is celebratory of the LGBTQ community, unabashedly sexy and fun, but moving and somber when it needs to be. And it's certainly not a sin.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Allen
    Feb 19, 2021
    “It’s a Sin” is essentially a radiant coming-of-age story balanced with the sense that the party could end sooner than later. It's an often potent mix between that sense of feeling totally alive amongst your friends, especially at such an independent age, with the gravity of an epidemic that they don’t understand, that they aren’t informed about.