• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2017
5.3

1. May 7, 2018
    All jokes aside the shows dog **** the animations passionate but needs work, the story is horrid, the characters are unlikable **** and I had a migraine after three episodes, I wanted to like this, I went in with an open mind never hearing anything about this show but this show single handed-ly makes me question if I should go into shows blind anymore. Oh and the dialogue, **** me, theAll jokes aside the shows dog **** the animations passionate but needs work, the story is horrid, the characters are unlikable **** and I had a migraine after three episodes, I wanted to like this, I went in with an open mind never hearing anything about this show but this show single handed-ly makes me question if I should go into shows blind anymore. Oh and the dialogue, **** me, the dialogue. With all that said this show does have a charm and I do hope that if they make a season 2 it succeeds where season one fails because I want a show like this to succeed, it’s unique, the side characters like his best friends and the butler are more interesting than kaz himself, the main ****ing character... actually I wouldn’t mind if they just killed him off and made his best friends and butler the main characters. With all that said, it seems like on episode 5 they finally got their act together and made a good anime, kaz was still an absolute idiot but he was actually starting to try to not be a prick, but Helena is the most annoying character I have ever seen honestly and the ending took me back to migraine town, i really want this show to be good, it has potential, so I’m praying season 2 will be more like episode 5 and 6 and less like *shudders* 1-3 Expand

1. Reviewed by: Miles Surrey
    Sep 22, 2017
    Without enough character development, Neo Yokio is luxuriating in its own capitalist satire by repeatedly focusing on the lavish excess afforded to Kaz and his peers.
  2. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    Sep 21, 2017
    While simultaneously showing warmth to the genre, but ends up not being as weird and loopy as one might hope for.
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Greene
    Sep 21, 2017
    Whether interest for the series will exist outside of those who share that same innate institutional knowledge remains to be seen. But as a visual playground and an assembly of colorful compatriots, Neo Yokio carries its own singular delights. No robot butler required, but it’s the kind of show that’ll make you wish you had one.