• Network: Netflix
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 5, 2019
8.8

1. Apr 8, 2019
    Astounding, and humbling. I've seen many many nature documentaries, including all the Attenborough one's from the BBC, and this one had some noticeable improvements. Some of the action shots with multiple subjects all interacting with each other at the same time was incredible, and it wasn't just one of these shots, they just kept coming all the way through the 8 episodes. What anAstounding, and humbling. I've seen many many nature documentaries, including all the Attenborough one's from the BBC, and this one had some noticeable improvements. Some of the action shots with multiple subjects all interacting with each other at the same time was incredible, and it wasn't just one of these shots, they just kept coming all the way through the 8 episodes. What an amazing, and beautiful natural world we have been blessed with. Expand
  2. Apr 6, 2019
    this show is gorgeous, the camera quality and the cinematography is fantastic and who doesnt love David Atenborough ?

It’s the stylistic ordinariness of the production that ultimately makes it such a punishing viewing experience. Much of the series is built around the rope-a-dope maneuver of drawing you into the stories of individual animals through blatantly anthropomorphized filmmaking and narration (one of the orangutans is even identified as “Louie”), then dropping the expected, awful news that they’re being wiped out by poachers, pollution, population sprawl, and climate change.
  2. Reviewed by: Sonia Saraiya
    Apr 12, 2019
    A painfully beautiful eight-hour experience, bewitching in its loveliness and diversity even as it agitates, relentlessly, for human action against climate change.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Apr 10, 2019
    It’s awe-inspiring and easy on the eyes. ... Images used not just for the emotional gee-whiz factor but for dry commentary and damning visual irony. And it all builds to a series-ending sequence — I’m not used to saying “spoiler alert” for nature films, but I feel I should here — that I suspect will haunt me for a long time.