• Network: SyFy
  • Series Premiere Date: Dec 16, 2015
Season #: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
7.7

1. Oct 24, 2018
    I liked season 3 much more than I did seasons 1 and 2. One and two took directly from the books from a larger extent, and it bothered me when the writers flubbed a key point in translating it to the show. Season 3 draws from the books, but in less of an overt way. The greater incorporation of Josh was a smart move by the writers as was giving Margo more screen time. Josh gives some veryI liked season 3 much more than I did seasons 1 and 2. One and two took directly from the books from a larger extent, and it bothered me when the writers flubbed a key point in translating it to the show. Season 3 draws from the books, but in less of an overt way. The greater incorporation of Josh was a smart move by the writers as was giving Margo more screen time. Josh gives some very much needed comic relief and Margo is probably my favorite character. I've been back and forth on Penny, sometimes I love him, sometimes he just seems inconsistently written.

I only have a couple of small gripes with season 3. the first is that there are too many characters. Kady is the least interesting of the, and should be killed off. She had a great musical number this season which was a plus. The actress does a fine job as well. She just isn't integral to the plot. I also don't love Julia. She gets goddess powers in the books as well . . .but geesh here it is just unearned. Hopefully they take these powers away and keep them gone. Finally Quintin needs to stop being such a sad sack. They did a bit this year to improve him, but he is still a wet blanket. I have no idea why the writers decided to go this direction with him. In the book he has some neuroticism, but is legitimately a hero and very competent. Oh, the show still throws in some unneeded liberal cracks at men and white men in particular. It was less obvious for most of the season, but some lines down the stretch just struck me as tone deaf. I got it, you have strong women and minorities in the show. You don't need to bolster them at the expense of the white male characters sucking or being stupid.
  2. Mar 18, 2018
    The Magicians vem crescendo a cada temporada,e isso é ótimo,pois,como é baseada em um livro,cada temporada parece ser um capítulo ou,até mesmo,um outro livro que se completam
  3. Feb 23, 2019
    Season 3, specifically its one filler episode, demonstrates abundant and logical creativity within its original premises. It finally feels like we can identify what The Magicians wants to show us. And we are surprisingly treated with an unsolicited turn to Julia's part of development: a character who remains flawless other than the fact that only her past can trouble her, which can beSeason 3, specifically its one filler episode, demonstrates abundant and logical creativity within its original premises. It finally feels like we can identify what The Magicians wants to show us. And we are surprisingly treated with an unsolicited turn to Julia's part of development: a character who remains flawless other than the fact that only her past can trouble her, which can be refreshing, to the least, from someone whom we thought had little potential in the beginning, but at the same time, that detail may paradoxically harm what strong poise the show currently withholds. Nonetheless, adventures in a fantasy world feel magically un-daunting to the max, despite the oscillating weight each episode has expended Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critic Reviews

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Dana Schwartz
    Jan 9, 2018
    A premiere packed with sexual innuendo, pop culture references, and Margo snark. [12 Jan 2018, p.55]
  2. Reviewed by: Adam Chitwood
    Jan 8, 2018
    Darkly hilarious, emotionally complex, wildly fantastical, and a little funky—there’s nothing else like it, and that’s precisely what makes it such a joy to watch. Magic may be gone, but The Magicians’ cup runneth over with charm to spare.