Netflix | Release Date: May 4, 2018
Watch Now
Review this TV Series
truerockAug 8, 2020
Don't mess with Mother Nature

The Rain is a teenage/young-adult series - so, I'm rating it on a curve. It involves ecologic disaster caused by a virus spread by rain. This is a Danish language series. So, if you don't speak Danish and/or
Don't mess with Mother Nature

The Rain is a teenage/young-adult series - so, I'm rating it on a curve.

It involves ecologic disaster caused by a virus spread by rain.

This is a Danish language series. So, if you don't speak Danish and/or don't like subtitles and/or voice dubbing, take that in consideration. I started watching Nordic film seriously when I saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in 2009. I now seek out Nordic films because I like the uniqueness of the culture. Other Nordic films from earlier decades just didn't capture me for some reason.

So, again - in the context of teenage/young-adult entertainment - I found the acting to be of professional quality. The technicals were also of professional quality. The plot was sufficiently interesting... although perhaps not compelling. Human endangerment from reckless use of science and technology is not new - but, The Rain does have its own particular interesting twists.

If my description of The Rain fits the type of entertainment you like, I would definitely recommend watching this series.