• Network: NETFLIX
  • Series Premiere Date: May 31, 2019
7.5

1. Nov 14, 2019
    After I had finished watching the show, I was absolutely blown away. I immediately rated it a 10/10. I believed this injustice had really happened.

Then I learned that the police questioning went completely different from how it was depicted in the show. Then I digged some more and I learned that a lot more things were fabricated in the show. Then I figured out what had really

Then I figured out what had really happened.
    The five kids are guilty.
    'When They See Us' is textbook propaganda.

I hope the truth will come out once more. The truth matters.
  2. Nov 30, 2019
    lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies
  3. Jun 19, 2019
    I went in with very low expectations and ended up falling in love. The story is touching but that is just the tip of the iceberg. I felt like going on vacation inside an audiovisual piece of art. Particularly the photography and editing is breathtaking. They manage to create an atmosphere in the deepest sense of the word.
  4. Jun 3, 2019
    Amazing work, episode 4 broke me. The actor playing Korey is heartbreakingly brilliant.
  5. Jun 5, 2019
    This series will hurt you to watch. But it constantly reminds you that the hurt you feel watching it pales in comparison to the real suffering that these boys were forced through.
  6. Jun 5, 2019
    wonderfully produced series. gripping and heart-wrenching. its a must watch
  7. Jun 3, 2019
    I find this show really interesting. Never saw such an emotional drama produced by Netflix like that. The actor, director and writer were really incredible. I like every single detail about this show. he really worth my high rating
  8. Jun 5, 2019
    Absolutely great television. It does a perfect job capturing the tragedy of the Central Park Five. Not only is it a very well made, well acted show, but it will really make you see the American justice system in a whole new light.
  9. Jun 30, 2019
    I wish I could state in words what this show is but I really can't. The only way you'll understand if you really invest the time and watch these 4 episodes. It's not a show that suddenly hits you, it's a show that's a growing pang of hurt seeping up on you from behind. It makes you so uncomfortable watching it and that is the testament to how powerful this show is.
  10. May 31, 2019
    and the racistss, trumpists, right wing-pseudo movie critics are coming
    DO NOT READ THE OTHER CRITCS OF THE USERS
  11. Jun 2, 2019
    A powerful and disturbing depiction of the shortcomings of the US criminal justice system. Ava DuVernay's When They See Us is a must-see.
  12. Jun 5, 2019
    Angrier, sadness and happiness just a emotional ride. Reading and learning about the horrible situation of the Central Park 5 made me as a black man hate and question our system. This movie shines the light on the unfairness that is our judicial system, and rather or not us as human beings even care about justice, fairness and just caring about one another.
  13. Jun 24, 2019
    DuVernay did it again! Following the excellent work when it comes to getting a message across the screen made in "Selma" and "13th", here she goes from micro to macro-realities as simultaneously meets the imagery of an wrongfully conviction with Trump's advocacy for death and horror. 13th had already mentioned this case, but the horrors of prison are coming across so vividly here thatDuVernay did it again! Following the excellent work when it comes to getting a message across the screen made in "Selma" and "13th", here she goes from micro to macro-realities as simultaneously meets the imagery of an wrongfully conviction with Trump's advocacy for death and horror. 13th had already mentioned this case, but the horrors of prison are coming across so vividly here that sometimes watching it as a black person myself gets tough and I had to take several breaks. Masterpiece and necessary. Expand
  14. Aug 10, 2019
    Espectacular! Una injusticia como la copa de un pino y solo pensar ser el padre de uno de esos chavales se te pone el estómago del revés. Otra muestra más de que en más de 30 años la política no ha cambiado nada.
  15. Jan 18, 2020
    Emotional from beginning to end, a must-watch and heartbreaking production.

Universal acclaim - based on 27 Critic Reviews

1. Reviewed by: Clémence Michallon
    Jan 3, 2020
    DuVernay’s four-episode series is a darkly-filmed tale that sometimes reads like a courtroom drama and expertly alternates between tense, moving and, at times, lighter-hearted moments.
  2. Reviewed by: Helen Brown
    Jan 3, 2020
    The emotional weight of Duvernay’s respect for the physical and emotional facts settled slowly in your stomach. You wanted to cheer when the wrongful convictions were vacated. But the sight of the now grown men returning to their childhood bedrooms hollowed the triumph.
  3. Reviewed by: Lucy Mangan
    Dec 4, 2019
    What could easily become agitprop resists the temptation. It is a dense, fast-moving series that examines not just the effects of systemic racism but the effects of all sorts of disenfranchisement (though you could argue they all have that same root cause) on people with the boys’ background. ... The performances, from the young actors and the veterans alike, are uniformly astonishing.