- Summary: Age of Wonders 3 marks a modern reimagining of the series, where players join a clash of kings, queens and dark lords for the spoils of an ancient paradise. By introducing unique RPG-inspired classes and specializations, players are able to craft empires of their own design, developingAge of Wonders 3 marks a modern reimagining of the series, where players join a clash of kings, queens and dark lords for the spoils of an ancient paradise. By introducing unique RPG-inspired classes and specializations, players are able to craft empires of their own design, developing unique strategies and play styles. The world-changing conflict plays out on sweeping landscapes, loaded with mythical locations waiting to be uncovered, conquered and exploited.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Autoplay On Off
CD-ActionJun 28, 2014There was nothing in the way of Age of Wonders III maintaining the quality level of its predecessors. But that did not happen and instead of another solid title we got a game that will make every armchair strategist cry... tears of joy. [05/2014, p.52]
Apr 1, 2014Triumph Software is a skilled bunch of people that have created a really good strategy game. You could have some reservations about the graphics, very minimal portrayal of different castles or not strong enough focus on diplomacy, but none of these issues spoils the fun. Age of Wonders III is a well made, extremely playable game.
Apr 15, 2014So while Age Of Wonders III doesn’t really offer much that you can’t get elsewhere from the 4X genre, it feels fresh and distinctive enough – it has been over a decade since the last Age Of Wonders, after all – that strategy fans will have something to get their teeth into all the same. Hopefully next time won’t be quite so far away, and a little more consideration for the city management screen wouldn’t go amiss.
Apr 9, 2014All that long waiting was worth it. Age of Wonders III is not only a game about magic but it's a magical one at the very same time. Fight, invent, conjure, and enjoy its endless gaming possibilities. Just... we would like to forget its lazy game engine along with flaws in its game interface.
Apr 8, 2014But the more you play, the more you try different game types, the more you experiment with different races and paths along the skill tree, the more you develop favorite combos and hated opponents, the more crushingly disappointing it is that it doesn’t know how to end. A game this good deserves a good finale. It deserves anything other than the long tedious slog to finish a game that was over 100 turns ago.
Mar 31, 2014So what are my thoughts on Age of Wonders 3? Let me just start by saying this is going to be a subjective review. There is two ways about it.So what are my thoughts on Age of Wonders 3? Let me just start by saying this is going to be a subjective review. There is two ways about it. I love TBS. I love tactical combat in TBS's. I love fantasy setting and I love unique and varied races and units. Age of Wonders 3 hit all these perfectly for me. This is the game I have been waiting for and wanting.
Let me underline that I have been participating in the beta for 2 months and have over that time clocked 180 something hours (all within the limitation of real life) in both online and offline modes (yes, you can play offline). Over that time I have gotten a good impression of what the game is about, what it delivers, but more importantly, what it can deliver. The game has such a solid mechanic, that any additional content will just improve more and more on the game.
I am not a reviewer and I don't know how to write reviews, but what I can do is give you my thoughts on the game. It is complex, it is deep and it really covers the 4X expectations. You get to explore a beautiful map, you get to exploit treasure sites by entering them, fighting the guardians and taking their loot (everything from weapons/equipment to mounts, secret spells, resources, prisoners who will join you and more). You get to expand by building new cities or by having other cities join you through diplomacy, bribes, quests or just conquest! And you get to exterminate all who stand against you in a glorious tactical combat.
You have heroes who level up and can pick traits, skills and spells as they increase in power, decking them out in magical equipment and riding fantastic mounts from spiders to hell hounds and beyond. You have units who rank up and become stronger and learn new abilities, increasing their tactical value. You have access to great spells that can shape the land, makes cities riot, devestate armies on the strategic map and summon creatures from other places. Spells that can turn the tide on the battlefield and give your opponent a surprise he or she never saw coming.
There is this and so much more! I am quite horrified to see three votes giving 1 score even before the game is released knowing everyone who has participated in the game so far has been nothing but happy with it. For me, this is just the game I have been waiting for and it combines the best of master of magic, heroes of might and magic, civilization and fallen enchantress. Seeing the game as it is and knowing it is just so incredible fun and that with each addition to it, it can only get better, this is my highest rated TBS game of my so far life time, including all the oldies and classic.
I can't wait to see other people get to try the game and leave their thoughts on it. I look forward to reading other peoples opinion on the game and I feel confident that any TBS fan will find this game to hit the mark for them.… Collapse
Feb 7, 2015This game really captures the 'just one more turn!'-feeling. It is addicting and the game becomes better with each patch & DLC.
Pros: - AThis game really captures the 'just one more turn!'-feeling. It is addicting and the game becomes better with each patch & DLC.
- A beautiful strategic map
- Combat is fast, brutal and entertaining
- It is fun to level your Heroes and Leader; it adds RPG to the game. Also quests that can be gained from independent cities or dwellings add to RPG-feel.
- Concept of Race & Class for your Leader provide much variety in play. For example, you can play as a Orc Sorcerer, Dwarven Warlord, Elven Rogue, Goblin Dreadnought etc.
- Classes are really different from each other; this applies to gameplay, spells and units. .
- Nice campaigns with different outcomes
- A pretty good Random Map generator with tons of options
- Users make custom scenarios and challenges with Map Editor
- Great music
- The developer (Triumph Studios) listens really well to the community; as of patch 1.4 it has fixed (almost) all bugs/issues and in the next patch there will also be much new functionality.
- In general races could be more varied. The good news is that the Devs are working on this and is expected to improve in the next free patch.
- Although the idea behind alignment is nice (good/neutral/evil is based on your actions and not on your race choice), it remains a bit shallow imo. But also this will be addressed in next patch, making alignment having more impact.
- MOD-tools are not released at this moment (feb 2015). They most probably will in the future though.
- For new-comers to the game it can be difficult to learn and to master. It is recommended to watch some videos on YouTube if you are new to the Age of Wonder-series. For example: How to play Age of Wonders 3-videos by iHunterKiller.
- I cannot comment on Multiplayer as I don't have much experience on it.
Overall I recommend this game to anyone who has an interest in Turn Based Strategy games.… Expand
Apr 2, 2014I started playing the day of release at night, I already have 17hrs into it and cannot wait to get home again to rock it some more!!
DeepI started playing the day of release at night, I already have 17hrs into it and cannot wait to get home again to rock it some more!!
Deep and tactical combat, gorgeous and diverse setting full of different creatures and fantasy races, the music is epic and fits perfectly to immerse the player in the thick of the strategic experience.
-Great combat mechanics+rich and vast world+awesome map and character customization=Worthy heir to the saga and one of the best strategy games I've played so far.
If you like turn based strategy, you've got a god damn must.… Expand
Jul 1, 2015Signed up to meteoritic just to write a review of this game. My first impressions were mixed. It has kinda a steep learning curve and theSigned up to meteoritic just to write a review of this game. My first impressions were mixed. It has kinda a steep learning curve and the in-game instruction is somewhat lacking but once you begin to develop and appreciation for the game mechanics it is truly a fantastic game. I'd definitely put it among the best games of this genre that I have played. It's immersive and played online vs. other humans it's deeply strategic.
Rated a 9 because I feel there's some small features missing mostly in terms of usability that i've seen in other 4x games but would definitely recommend. Played 300+ hours.… Expand
Apr 3, 2014As a long-time fan of the AoW series, I can enthusiastically recommend this game. It is well-polished and has rich and varied gameplay. TheAs a long-time fan of the AoW series, I can enthusiastically recommend this game. It is well-polished and has rich and varied gameplay. The only thing that I can think of that is slightly disappointing is the fewer number of races in the game. The new class system does however make them much more varied than the previous 2 titles' races. Well worth the purchase.… Expand
Aug 8, 2014The game storyline is good. However nothing special in this game. I think this game just normal rpg strategy game. But the graphic is prettyThe game storyline is good. However nothing special in this game. I think this game just normal rpg strategy game. But the graphic is pretty good. Overall this game is not bad.… Expand
Aug 5, 2014Game looks nice but unfortunately the difficulty is insane even on easy. I barley manage to build 2-3 cities and don't have time to produceGame looks nice but unfortunately the difficulty is insane even on easy. I barley manage to build 2-3 cities and don't have time to produce any army before I'm overrun from all sides so what the f*** am I supposed to do. This is BS.… Expand
- (444 views)