Taking place more than thirty years before the original game, One Night 2 casts the player as one of two characters determined to uncover the mystery of Mairstone Manor, an eerie house under the control of an evil of unknown origin.
The Beyond is a freeware survival horror/adventure gameTaking place more than thirty years before the original game, One Night 2 casts the player as one of two characters determined to uncover the mystery of Mairstone Manor, an eerie house under the control of an evil of unknown origin.
The Beyond is a freeware survival horror/adventure game created with RPG Maker VX. It is a psuedo sequel to the game One Night, however the story and locations are unrelated to the previous game and this game serves as a stand alone game.
The Beyond is not a normal RPG Maker game. In The Beyond, you find yourself trapped in a "haunted" mansion known as The Beyond, and are soon under attack by a strange, and evil power. Using your brain and your reflexes, you must think and fight your way to safety, solving puzzles and defeating horrifying enemies to make your escape.
In order to escape the terror, you'll first need to understand the cause of the nightmare. Make sure you collect all the clues so that you can understand the fate that has befallen the mansion. But, be careful. You are always in danger, and it is easy to let the fear overwhelm you. Don't give in to the evil.
The Beyond was my attempt at telling a story in other ways besides cutscenes. I wanted to create an atmosphere of being totally alone in this game, so having other characters in to tell you what was going on was counterproductive. Thus, the entire story of this game is revealed as you play via clues and discarded documents.
Note: I'm aware that a "haunted house" is perhaps the most cliched setting for a horror themed game. Keep in mind that I wanted to try my hand at using the setting and that the most prominent influence for this game is Alone In The Dark.
- True fear will take over as you explore the mansion, uncovering the many secrets it holds. Atmospheric graphics and sounds, combined with some genuine psychological engineering will make you feel the ultimate terror.
- A fantastic challenge awaits you, with fiendish puzzles to solve, horrifying enemies to defeat, and two different characters and four endings to experience.
- Streamlined systems such as a health indicator and custom item usage system help you keep track of notes, clues and items.
- Tense combat, using a quasi real time event based battle system which allows combatants to deal damage based on which direction they attacked the enemy from.
- Replayability abounds with four endings to discover as you play.… Expand
- By user score