Neopets: The Darkest Faerie PlayStation 2

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 16, 2005
8.5

1. May 14, 2016
    Many people don't want to play this game because of the trade mark Neopets and all stereotypes that come with that name. But given the chance this game will impress. The plot is not the most complex of things, but it is intriguing nevertheless, especially in how the two main characters stories intertwine. There is much land to explore with fun side quests and treasures to find. The enemiesMany people don't want to play this game because of the trade mark Neopets and all stereotypes that come with that name. But given the chance this game will impress. The plot is not the most complex of things, but it is intriguing nevertheless, especially in how the two main characters stories intertwine. There is much land to explore with fun side quests and treasures to find. The enemies prove challenging but not overly so and the main quests are fun and unique to the game. Expand
  2. Sep 17, 2015
    let's go ahead and get the flaws out away: the game lacks a lock on system which makes combat annoying because you mess. ESPECIALLY with the "standing back up animation" during this animation where if you get knockback, hit, or thrown they'll sit down then Stand back up and enemies tend to spam attack you during his animation. This is annoying because during animation you can't block orlet's go ahead and get the flaws out away: the game lacks a lock on system which makes combat annoying because you mess. ESPECIALLY with the "standing back up animation" during this animation where if you get knockback, hit, or thrown they'll sit down then Stand back up and enemies tend to spam attack you during his animation. This is annoying because during animation you can't block or attack or move out of their way you have to wait till the character is back on their feet.

THE GOOD: the game has a wonderful somewhat open world of Neopia. The story was quite unique, and the best part, THERE IS NO UNNECESSARY LOVE INTEREST between the two main characters. I honestly expected there to be some stupid love interest between Tor and Roberta, because with this type of story when to heroes, male and female, journey together saving the world they end up falling in love which is kind of what happens and most children entertainment what that kind of story. despite the flaws I pointed out this is still a very entertaining game.
  3. TylerH
    Dec 13, 2009
    Excellent game. Wonderful graphics, vivid plot and great fighting sequences. One of the best games I have ever played. I suggest everyone plays it!
  4. KyleY
    Oct 6, 2009
    I give this a 10/10 because at the time (3 years ago) I found this game to be epic, funny and fun to play at the same time. After finishing this game, it gave me a feeling hard to describe and I still like this game really much today.
  5. NickS
    Mar 19, 2008
    Great game. The bosses were challenging but not throw the controller down and storm off challenging. I am a fan of neopets, and this game delivers.
  6. Kanie
    Dec 1, 2006
    An addictive game with great characters and story line. I found myself playing until midnight in many cases. I really enjoyed the game. I strongly advise neopet fans to play but if your not a fan I don't advise playing it.
  7. BenF.
    Mar 15, 2006
    This game could be very fun, but it has different gameplay than the other games out there, of course. But it is a reasonably long game. This is however a great game to me.
  8. AndreF.
    Jan 20, 2006
    I really enjoyed this Game because tor is cool.
  9. Natolyi
    Jan 16, 2006
    As far as games go it's pretty good. It has a decent mix of puzzles, quests and fighting. The only real reason I gave it a 9/10 is that it has a few bugs that might need to be fixed, but overall I really enjoyed it. This game is good for both Neopets fans and those that have never heard of Neopets at all.
  10. AryaD.
    Dec 25, 2005
    I thought the game was 1 of the best games I've ever played!! It has tons of exitement,good graphic, and plenty of weapens and stuff like that!

#81 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#67 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

Simple, clean, straightforward and bland, Neopets is a baked potato without fixings, a bed without blankets, a cake without frosting, or a chair without cushions... It's a minimalist's action adventure.
  2. A much stronger license than it is a game, as it's plagued by overly expansive environments and poorly realized combat sequences.
  3. A surprisingly strong game that does so many of the fundamental things right. Smooth, colorful graphics, a respectable score, a working camera (I can't stress this enough), and a 15-20 hour action-adventure quest are good points for which almost any game should strive.