• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 14, 2006
8.7

1. May 24, 2015
    Memorable characters,great graphics,awesome voice acting,tons of cool powerups and a decent story make daxter a must own game for the PSP. It is truly one of the greatest handheld games ive ever played.
  2. Sis
    Oct 24, 2013
    Fun and addicting. This game is has among the highest replay values I've ever seen. You never grow tired ow this game. If you're on the go, you need to own a PsP with Daxter. It's not a choice, it's an obligation.
  3. Sep 23, 2013
    Lovely graphics, memorable characters, intriguing level designs, laugh out loud humor, and the fact it is all portable.

Simply put, if you own a PSP, you SHOULD have Daxter
  4. Jun 30, 2013
    I've beat this game twice and i still enjoy playing such a fun game you get to collect these eggs to unlock stuff and the soundtrack sounds awesome especially when your going to the baron's palace, fish cannery and the final boss. The best psp game ive played besides gta vice city stories
  5. May 30, 2012
    Back in 2006 I picked this game up for my psp (without having ever played a Jak & Daxter game if you can believe that), and I really enjoyed it despite that I was confused about the story here and there. It's a decent size game for the psp, around 17 or 18 levels and more importantly, it's a fun, solid platformer. I would recommend it even to vita owners, it's only 10 bucks on psn.
  6. Apr 30, 2012
    I only paid around $15 Australian for this, and I certainly got my money's worth. The story and humour aren't stellar, but the visuals and gameplay are the big achievements and more than make up for the other shortcomings. Quite a bit of fun, but it's unlikely to resonate with you afterwards, nor is there any replay value.
  7. Feb 17, 2012
    Daxter is a great PSP adventure that nicely compliments the Jak and Daxter series. Exciting gameplay is coupled with a fun campaign and although aspects such as the open world and game length are sized down for a portable device, the heart that characterized the series remains intact.
  8. Apr 7, 2011
    This was quite an enjoyable game with loads of fun. Great platforming. Superb graphics for a psp game. However, I was kinda confused by the plot (although that's probably because I never got Jak 2).
  9. Sheppard
    Feb 21, 2009
    Daxter is the best game Ive played for the PSP.Not only are the graphics good but the gameplay is too. The controls are great and are real easy to get into. And it only cost 5 bucks! I just wished the storyline was a little better but its still a great game
  10. JohnD.
    Nov 17, 2007
    A good platforming game, but this gets nowhere near the PS2 Jak games.
  11. RazvyT.
    Sep 7, 2007
    Icredible game, the best game I ever played on a PSP.Graphics, gameplay, everything is just incredible.I recommand it to everyone.
  12. ZemZ.
    Jul 2, 2007
    An engaging plat former. fun to pick up & play. the similarities between Daxter & the good origianal spyro games are quit obvious. a little short but addictive. if you liked the first two games you'll find a lot to love here. The fact that it has no loading screens was a god send when it was realized but now seams common place. Daxter is definitely worth more than it costs now.
  13. Ethan
    Aug 31, 2006
    Man I love this game! I think any kid could play this and enjoy it.
  14. Dean
    Jul 29, 2006
    The most fun I have had on the PSP. Great game for all ages. I don't know what the people who rated this game badly played, but it was not this game. This is one of the top three in my opinion.
  15. Mobius
    Jun 28, 2006
    If you enjoyed Jak & Daxter 12&3 then you should enjoy this, this game plays very similer to the Jak & Daxter series and comes accross as a impressive show peice for the PSP. ill be adding this to my collection along side the other good games.
  16. EthanR.
    Jun 21, 2006
    I got this game from my parents for a birthday gift and I returned it because I had no intrest in it. Then my friend gave it to me for my birthday gift too. I decided to try it. It amazed me how they could fit such details and big things into this little psp. I loved this game. Almost everything was perfect. I loved the complex level desighn. But the story wasn't so good. Other then I got this game from my parents for a birthday gift and I returned it because I had no intrest in it. Then my friend gave it to me for my birthday gift too. I decided to try it. It amazed me how they could fit such details and big things into this little psp. I loved this game. Almost everything was perfect. I loved the complex level desighn. But the story wasn't so good. Other then that it was one of my favs on psp! Expand
  17. AndrewP.
    Apr 19, 2006
    Fantastic game, the most fun I've had in a long time on any system!
  18. Z.H.
    Apr 19, 2006
    I bought the game on Thursday and finished it on Sunday. I played maybe at most a couple of hours a day. At first you'll be amazed by the graphics but you'll soon realise the fact that your PSP is not as powerful as your PS2. You will see frequest pop-ups in the background but to be honest, this won't affect the gameplay, the graphics are pretty much perfect when playing I bought the game on Thursday and finished it on Sunday. I played maybe at most a couple of hours a day. At first you'll be amazed by the graphics but you'll soon realise the fact that your PSP is not as powerful as your PS2. You will see frequest pop-ups in the background but to be honest, this won't affect the gameplay, the graphics are pretty much perfect when playing levels but when you're out in Haven City you'll find it a bit jerky but all in all you'll still be impressed. The plot/story is bit silly and doesn't really gel, it tries to link your escapades to freeing Jak from prison but its far too random for a logical explanation, You're a bug exterminator so I guess it was going to be tough for the developpers to think of a reason linking your random job to saving Jak. Sound is excellent and the music is catchy. The gameplay is easy and well planned, you may find it too easy but I find it less annoying this way rather than having to repeat fighting the same level again and again. All the gameplay is very well executed, its not like Jak/JakII/Jak III. You fight only a handful of different enemies/bugs in the whole game, you won't hold a gun so the action is always close up (although they try to compensate for this by giving you exciting add-ons to your bug spray). Remember you're only a type of weasel so everything in the world is meant to fit Daxter's dimensions therefore the game won't seem as fast as the Jak series. The bonus/dream sequences which you will discover are excellent additions. All in all, this is an excellent game to own, you will go through it quickly but it will be worth the money for pure entertainment. I would recommend you buy those analogue sticks for the psp, they're fairly cheap and you can buy them on Ebay. The thumb analogue is fine but you'll get more out of the game play with the stick. Expand
  19. JimmyJ.
    Apr 13, 2006
    This is the best game I've played for the PSP. It's just flat out fun. ANd if you played Jak 2 or Jak 3 then you're gonna love this. Haven City has been recreated from Daxter's eye view. And instead of the Metalheads of Jak 2 & 3 fame, a smaller hero gets smaller enemies, with the Metalbugs. But they're just as nasty. This is probably about as hard as Jak 3 though This is the best game I've played for the PSP. It's just flat out fun. ANd if you played Jak 2 or Jak 3 then you're gonna love this. Haven City has been recreated from Daxter's eye view. And instead of the Metalheads of Jak 2 & 3 fame, a smaller hero gets smaller enemies, with the Metalbugs. But they're just as nasty. This is probably about as hard as Jak 3 though it is more of a platformer than an action game like Jak was. I reall give this game a 9.5 but to only vote a 9 wouldn't be good enough so I gave it a 10. Jak 2 was so hard, I'm the only person I know who beat it, but this is not too bad. And all in all its one of the most fun games I've played in a while. Plus the dream sequences (you'll know what I mean when you see them!) are the funniest things you've seen on you PSP since you downloaded The Boondocks! Great game! Expand
  20. Sammy
    Mar 26, 2006
    One of, if not the best, psp games to date. Its extremely fun, and while quite long, it seemed short because I couldn't put it down. Awesome.
    Mar 24, 2006
    amazing game, exciting campaign. Online isn't as favorable. This is a must buy.
  22. MiguelC.
    Mar 23, 2006
    this game is awsome! I love it already and im on like the second leve! i think its the best game for the PSP yet!!!
  23. KyleC.
    Mar 22, 2006
    So awesome.
  24. JinF.
    Mar 13, 2006
    Great platformer for the PSP.
  25. JoeC.
    Mar 12, 2006
    WOW!!!!!!!! what a great game. the best psp has to offer.

Sure, its story is kind of ridiculous and even a little boring, but the events that said story lead into are fantastic. From the great level design to the ultra-refined controls to the excellent production values, Daxter is a game every PSP gamer should check out.
    This is the action/platformer we've pined for on PSP. With amazing graphics, an entertaining story and uber-accurate control, it's virtually flawless and its appeal knows no bounds.
  3. Even without the compelling multiplayer, Daxter is the best platformer available on the PSP, and a fantastic extra chapter for the series.