Driven

5.3

1. May 15, 2014
    This has to be one of the worst movies about car racing and sports in general. The only bright spot in this movie is Sly and solid racing sequences that help you forget for a while how silly this movie really is.
  2. May 16, 2014
    My God. This film is awful. Stallone was an awkward presence in Formula 1 circles during the late 90's when he was seriously considering making a movie about the world's most exotic sport. Thankfully it was eventually deemed too expensive, and instead he turned his attention to the world of CART - America's own cut-price version of Formula 1. Stallone plays a washed-up ex-race driver,My God. This film is awful. Stallone was an awkward presence in Formula 1 circles during the late 90's when he was seriously considering making a movie about the world's most exotic sport. Thankfully it was eventually deemed too expensive, and instead he turned his attention to the world of CART - America's own cut-price version of Formula 1. Stallone plays a washed-up ex-race driver, which is hilarious in itself. Anyway, the plot is neither here nor there, it's just plain bad. But what is truly awful about this film, and also a slap in the face to all race fans, are the action sequences. Both CART and Indylight cars are used to film the racing scenes, and as any race fan could tell you, the difference between the two is like chalk and cheese. Imagine filming a single-prop Cessna as stand in for 747 Jumbo. Or having Kevin James play Superman to Cavill's Clark Kent. It's that bad. Expand
  3. Feb 12, 2015
    This one of the worst films I've ever watched. Terrible CGI, and crashes in every race. The explosions were from a Michael Bay film. And if those crashes were IRl, the drivers could be dead. I wonder what the F1 version would have been like
  4. JoeB.
    Jun 23, 2001
    Syvester stallone...This movie really sucked ass.
  5. FrankB.
    Sep 30, 2001
    Dull story sums up this movie. I barely felt like watching the rest of it half way through the movie. The only good things I can say about the movie is the sound track was decent and there were some nice babes. But the bottom line is for a movie to be good, the story has to be interesting.
  6. SteveB.
    May 6, 2002
    Race scenes are ok. Plots barely there, actors are sleepwalking, or simply inept. Dialogue stinks. Overall dramatic content is negligible. There are much better films describing the racing environment. Even Tom Cruise driving in Nascar is more interesting than this one.
  7. SandiC.
    Aug 1, 2003
    I thought this was a great movie. My two boys loved it.
  8. PatC.
    Jan 14, 2004
    Tried to watch. Felt my life-force ebbing away. So bad it doesn't even merit condemnation.
  9. DJT
    Aug 20, 2001
    A great racing movie, similar to "Days of Thunder" without the love story! Sly gives a resonable human effort. We definitely need a sequel!
  10. DJT
    Aug 20, 2001
  11. BenM.
    Aug 4, 2002
    This movie was so bad it's good! If you look at it as a comedy it's really funny!
  12. .Lemming51
    Aug 6, 2002
    The worst. A complete and total waste of time. Unfortunately makes the great CART series look like a bad soap opera with video game violence. Worse than Days of Thunder, makes Canonball II look like like fine art.
  13. HeatherG.
    Nov 6, 2001
    If you watch this movie for its story and put aside the outrageous, physics defying action shots, the movie is pretty good. I had to watch it twice to realize this. So go back and watch it again.
  14. FonzA.
    May 24, 2001
    Awesome driving scenes. I love the cars!
  15. JakeM.
    Sep 22, 2001
    Probably the cooliest Formula 1 racing movie ever. I never liked F1 racing so I figured this movie was going to be stupid but when I saw it I thought it was really really good. I recomend for you to get your lazy butt up and go rent this movie.
  16. Shannon
    Dec 4, 2002
    Great Movie!
  17. PhatblokeB.
    Aug 4, 2002
    How much did nextel put into this movie!! thats all you see non-stop. Its one big infomercial.
  18. Dawn
    Sep 14, 2002
    The movie was great. I loved it. All of you that thought it was stupid and stuff......thats weird cuz I thought it was a great movie. So what if nextel was in there alot you need sponsors! I thought they did a great job with the movie. It was not boring. The crashes were pretty cool. I thought Sylvester did a good job written it out! It is my fave movie!
  19. robertk.
    Jun 17, 2005
    Utter failure.

1. Driven is recommended only to those gentle souls who want to know what it looks like to crash into a wall at 200 mph.
    It's not quite as bad as "Cutthroat Island," I'll grant you, but it's woefully close.
  3. Stallone's script is well structured, though the jaw-droppingly banal dialogue gives us little reason to care.