8.9

1. Sep 29, 2011
    "Howl's Moving Castle" is amazing with powerful visuals. Mostly the symbolism of the movie, that life can be seen through adversity, was very touching and true. It's a movie you would like and become spellbound to.
  2. Dec 27, 2011
    With thrills, heart, love, visual beauty and humor and the great original score Hayao Miyazaki has directed another fantastic and beautiful adeventure. I give this move 95%.
  3. Oct 24, 2010
    Japanese Animation still lives on in this super brilliant movie Howl's Moving Castle. the animation was beautiful, the characters were amazing, and the visuals kick a**.
  4. Oct 26, 2010
    I loved this movie! It's definitely in my top 3 favorite movies! Yes some parts i didn't get the FIRST time watching but i still loved it. It's perfect for someone who still finds hope in things also if you have a young heart and big imagination!
  5. Oct 30, 2011
    This is a spectacular show. I read the book and Love the Movie. The animation was amazing, and i just could not believed that this did not win the academy award for best animation.
  6. May 4, 2012
    Absolutely wonderful film. I usually get bored with long films because they lose my interest at some point, but this one stayed consistently entertaining throughout. It's a heartwarming film I think any age could appreciate.
  7. Feb 10, 2012
    This is, in my opinion, Miyazaki's best movie to date. It's an emotionally powerful, humorous, magical, beautifully made and scripted animated masterpiece. Don't listen to all the trolls posting bad reviews; watch this movie now. You won't be disappointed.
  8. Feb 4, 2012
    One of Ghibli's best works. Howls Moving Castle is possibly the most mature Ghibli feature with a story, Character depth and wit made to make one think.

I love the range of characters in the film and the way the plot unravels and the antagonist isn't quite who you believe it to be from the offset.

Once again Studio Ghibli prove that they are animation kings and masters of story telling.
  9. Jun 23, 2012
    Another masterpiece from Hayao Miyazaki. In addition an amazing design, the film also has a wonderful story that, in a simple and effective, teaches us many things and manages to inspire all.
  10. Apr 1, 2012
    Another fantastic 'Studio Ghibli' production, well deserving to be in the collection of movies from this amazing production studio. Incorporating features from both the Japanese 'Anime' as well as the American animation cultures, this film combines an amazing story together with smooth animations as well as excellent voice acting. Thoroughly recommended to audiences of all ages and i guaranteed it will be thoroughly enjoyable. From old to young it will rekindle the fires of your imagination and encompass you in its wild and colorful world. Expand
  11. May 28, 2012
    This Is Such A Amazing Movie! Really Really Powerful Visuals! In Bits It Very Touching, And Warm! The Only Thing I Could Say Is Bad Is The Ending Feels A Little Bit Rushed!
    Still One Of The Greatest Films Of All Time!
  12. Jan 2, 2014
    Segundo filme da Ghibli que tive prazer de assistir, sua histórias, personagens, visual que muito bonito e sua trilha sonora, fazem esse belo filme uma obra magnífica.
  13. Jan 14, 2013
    Basically this movie was the best ever. Why I really like it though is that I thought of this kind of stuff when I was little and I didn't see this untill I was older but this was my childhood imagination.
  14. Jan 20, 2013
    Despite what some critics think, I believe this film is a masterpiece in animation and narrative that only the perplexing mind of Miyazaki can achieve.
  15. May 1, 2013
    I'm totally speechless! "Howl's Moving Castle" is a real anime masterpiece! For me it's amazing just like "Spirited Away", i would even say a little better! It's full with action,fantasy and beautiful moments! I really think that if you have no imagination you shouldn't watch movies like this. But if you love magic,dreams and fantasy, no matter how old you are i HIGHLY recommend to you this movie! My final score for Hayao Miyazaki's perfect movie is 10/10 Expand
  16. Jun 30, 2013
    "Howl's Moving Castle" is amazing with beautiful and epic visuals. Hayao Miyazaki gives to us a powerful film with a complexity for stylish spectators. After "Spirited Away", Miyazaki returns back with reloaded energy.
  17. Mar 23, 2013
    One Of The Most Creative Movies I Have Seen In Along Time! Along With All Of Ghibli's Other Movies It's Visually Stunning!
  18. Jun 8, 2013
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  19. Aug 23, 2013
    Smart, entertaining, and heartwarming, fits this film to the Ghibli name. With its visual wonder and life lessons, along with a superlative score, will lead to on a fantastic adventure. The film may feel unfocused at times, and is ultimately not as powerful as his previous film "Spirited Away", but it is sure a delight in the eyes of older age viewers.
  20. Jul 13, 2013
    Beautiful film. As always, from 2/3 minutes in your hooked into the film. Would have been nicer if the film played on the theme of beauty a little more, it veered into being cheesey at some stages.
  21. Jan 11, 2014
    I fell in love with this movie. The first time I saw it I had to rewatch it over and over. Almost know the lines by heart. It seems like I see something new each time.

1. Consequently, though it's difficult to work out what's going on, it's never boring.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    The perfect e-ticket for a flight of fancy into a world far more gorgeous than our own. The film doesn't halve itself to appeal to two generations. At its best, it turns all moviegoers into innocent kids, slack-jawed with wonder.
  3. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    The tireless volley of ideas and inventions make this a delight that should connect with kids and adults in both dubbed and original-language versions.