Paramount Pictures | Release Date: May 6, 2011
Generally favorable reviews based on 1432 Ratings
1,031
WATCH NOW
StevenFMay 22, 2013
Some superhero films just click in the sort of way where everyone is there for a reason, the plot flows nicely, the dialogue is the balanced blend of drama with real humour to mellow the mood, and characters that are larger than life andSome superhero films just click in the sort of way where everyone is there for a reason, the plot flows nicely, the dialogue is the balanced blend of drama with real humour to mellow the mood, and characters that are larger than life and memorable. Thor has all of these, just not to the fullest.
The God of Thunder is an over-confident, adrenaline-fuelled piece of meat played by the talented Chris Hemsworth, he is the would-be King to succeed his father, Odin (Anthony Hopkins), King of Asgard.
When Thor recklessly battles with the Ice Giants of Jotunheim, a race that his father was holding a dodgy truth with, he is banished by his father and removed of all his power, including his hammer, Mjolnir.
Crossing paths with the banished God on earth is Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), who accidentally runs him over while chasing an anomaly in the sky, Jane and her team, Eric Selvig (Stellan Skarsgård) and Darcy (Kat Dennings) are unaware at first that it was Thor and his hammer causing the strange occurrences in the sky.
As Thor adjusts to life on earth, his brother Loki (Tom Hiddlestone), mischievous indeed, isn't everything he appears to be, and sets out a plan to be King. This is without doubt an explosive and action-packed first outing for Thor, the humour in the film is top notch and director Kenneth Branagh brings a true sense of realism to such an expansive and magical story.
However, the film too often feels like a tie-in to keep us going until The Avengers, much like Iron Man 2, S.H.I.E.L.D. are just too heavily involved and often spoil the party for an otherwise enjoyable flick. The action is often just too quick, flashy and CGI-laden to enjoy, there is plenty of blur in the film, for all the wrong reasons. Clark Gregg returns as Agent Coulson, and while his scenes are good, and sometimes funny ("One of Starks?" "I don't know, he doesn't tell me anything"), they are just too expansive and plot oriented to the point where we start to lose interest in the Thor plot.
That aside, Chris Hemsworth is perfectly cast, his charm, bulging biceps and over-zealous attitude contribute to much of the comedy, with a few one-liners that are simply priceless. The chemistry between himself and Portman is magical, while the more limited role of Selvig is enjoyable, its really the small part of Idris Elba playing Heimdall that is excellent.
Not a the best of the Marvel Universe, but certainly an enjoyable first outing for Thor.
ansi322Nov 24, 2011
After having watched Green Lantern, Thor wasn't a disappointment. In fact, it is a good movie. It didn't do justice to the comics though but still it was worth it.
ajdolanNov 28, 2011
Thor is not one of the deepest comic characters in the Marvel Universe but his story translated to the big screen just fine. If you live all of the other comic movies this one will not let you down. I would even suggest buying it if there isThor is not one of the deepest comic characters in the Marvel Universe but his story translated to the big screen just fine. If you live all of the other comic movies this one will not let you down. I would even suggest buying it if there is a bit of nerd in you. Expand
TexasGamerDec 19, 2011
Good attempt to capture the Thor from the comic books, but the movie falls short in so many points. Personally, I think Thor would have been better served by doing a Lord of the Rings style movie. There is no way to capture how great theGood attempt to capture the Thor from the comic books, but the movie falls short in so many points. Personally, I think Thor would have been better served by doing a Lord of the Rings style movie. There is no way to capture how great the movie could have been in a single setting. Expand
trollface24Dec 12, 2011
that movie SUCKED! there was barely any action so i don't know WHY they said it was an action movie! Don't buy it! The only reason i gave it a one is because it was entertaining for the first five minutes, then it got confusing and boring.
JollyG87Dec 13, 2011
In terms of the style of the whole thing, this adaptation of "Thor" could not have been better. The dialogue has a bit of that Shakespearean bravado to it, but it's not overly done. The costume translations are the best of any superhero movieIn terms of the style of the whole thing, this adaptation of "Thor" could not have been better. The dialogue has a bit of that Shakespearean bravado to it, but it's not overly done. The costume translations are the best of any superhero movie to date, and the creation of Asgard is just how I pictured it when I read the comic books. Branagh handles the action scenes like a seasoned action director, cleverly mixing CGI animation with close-up shots of the real people. Even the cast is perfect. Chris Hemsworth plays Thor, the trickiest hero in the Marvel universe, and he does so wonderfully. He encapsulates Thor's brash arrogance and sympathetic nature with ease. I also loved Tom Hiddleston as "Loki". He's able to bring what few actors can to a villain; humanity and sympathy. You come to understand why Loki commits the actions that he does. You don't necessarily agree with them, but he's able to become a character who commits actions for a purpose rather than for mere evil intentions. So why isn't Thor a "great" movie? Well, this adaptation suffers from a lot of the same elements of other book adaptations. It feels rushed. There's so much story and so many characters that even at a two hour running time, Branagh is unable to explore it all sufficiently. It would have been better if we saw more of Asgard in the beginning, and also more character interaction between Thor and Jane Foster (Natalie Portman). Also, very few of the characters are developed sufficiently (Loki and Odin were the only characters I felt were explored fully). Now this is kind of a good and a bad thing. It's bad in the sense that you don't feel like you got the complete movie experience when it's all said and done, but at the same time, this "Thor" acts like the first "X-Men" film where it more or less introduces all of the characters leaving room for more character exploration in the sequels ahead. It's kind of like the series premiere of a TV show where the movie "Thor" is there to hook you in to the concept and leave you wanting more. Overall, "Thor" is an immensely good time at the movies. It could have been something really great, but it settles by delivering an engaging story with fun characters and terrific action scenes. Expand
Mad_Hatter91May 9, 2013
This film has exceeded my expectations. It 's been really nice and was able to entertain me without annoying me. I especially loved the character of Loki. Great performance by Tom Hiddleston.
Bruce722May 29, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Like the rest of the Avengers films, this movie was fantastic. I thought Chris Hemsworth did a great job in his portrayal of Thor and the rest of the cast was great. Natalie Portman is as breathtaking as ever and the rest of the supporting cast adds a combination of depth and humor. The action sequences were done great and I loved how well this film tied in with the others in the universe. The little nods towards Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk were subtle yet really well played. I thought Loki's motives were a little shaky, especially considering that it's the entire foundation of the movie. Nonetheless, the rest of the plot develops really nicely and the film gets a bit of everything from action to drama to romance to suspense. If you can suspend your disbelief enough to accept the premise of the film, I think this movie is very entertaining and enjoyable. Expand
Tss5078Feb 22, 2013
The great and powerful Thor was one of the biggest grossing movies of 2011. The special effects in this film were really some of the best I've ever seen and the star of the film, Chris Hemsworth was amazing, but besides that, this film wasThe great and powerful Thor was one of the biggest grossing movies of 2011. The special effects in this film were really some of the best I've ever seen and the star of the film, Chris Hemsworth was amazing, but besides that, this film was extremely overrated. Thor is banished to Earth for disobeying his father, the King, and must live as a mortal. Surprisingly, it doesn't take him very long to adjust, and he falls in love with Natalie Portman during a fifteen minute car ride. Okay, so the plot was weak to begin with, but the special effects could have more than made up for that. What I really didn't like about this film was just how fast everything happened. Thor is going to be in the Avengers trilogy and there is a good possibility there may be a sequel to this film, so what was the point in rushing everything? The character of Thor is a majestic one. He is one of the most powerful superheroes that ever existed. This film should have been the epic classic that was talked about for years, but instead they rushed the story and hid behind some great special effects. It was visually impactful, entertaining, and had a great star, but a side from that, this film is nothing more than a common theme with a weak script. Expand
TTW107May 6, 2012
Everyone I talked to about Thor thoroughly disliked it, but I'm really not sure why. It kept my attention throughout and the special effects looked beautiful. I agree that the story could've been a little more exciting but oh well, it wasEveryone I talked to about Thor thoroughly disliked it, but I'm really not sure why. It kept my attention throughout and the special effects looked beautiful. I agree that the story could've been a little more exciting but oh well, it was definitely entertaining and worth my one buck to rent through redbox. Expand
oxanaAug 24, 2014
All in all, I very much enjoyed this film.

All in all, I very much enjoyed this film.

Chris Hemsworth was both annoying and fabulous as Thor; he played the character very nicely, creating a stubborn, hot-tempered, prideful god who is eventually banished from his home for those very qualities.

All in all, the story was splintered between events taking place in Asgard and on Earth.

Asgard, sadly, wasn't nearly as interesting, focusing more on plotting and revelations of betrayal. Thor's Asgard companions were left a bit hollow, but his new friends on Earth (Jane Foster, played by Natalie Portman, mysterious Stellan Skarsgård as Erik Selvig and Kat Dennings as the ever optimistic Darcy Lewis) were a little better, in the end they managing to create a much-expected romance between Jane and Thor.

Regardless of the sad fact that the characters didn't have enough life in them, the story progressed nicely with fabulous action.

Definitely looking forward to any continuations.
ZalJan 11, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not big on superhero movies and I have not seen that many. But I am proud to say that I have seen Thor and liked it. I didn't expect to. I haven't read the comics but I'm fully aware of what Thor in the comic book series looks like and I know that the books are very campy and goofy.
There are several reasons why I love this movie. First of all, the acting is good, which is not something I expected from this film. Chris Hemsworth, aside from being incredibly handsome, plays the role of Thor very well. He's able to show a playful yet sympathetic side to Thor. My favorite bit of him acting is when he is taken into custody by SHIELD and Loki comes to visit him and tells him about the "death" of Odin. Hemsworth acting is entirely genuine in this scene. All of the other actors are good. There are two that I didn't like quite as much. First, Anthony Hopkins as Odin. This is more of a casting issue than an acting issue because I like Hopkins but I think he looks silly as Odin. Then there is the guy who played Loki (whose name I don't remember and I'm too lazy to look it up). He was good for the most part, but there were times when he REALLY went over the top. Also, what is up with that stupid hat?
All of the characters are fun and interesting. Thor is surprisingly complex and Loki is a great character, too. I love all of Thor's friends from Asgard. Kat Denning's character Darcy is very funny.
Some people I know complain that there wasn't as much action as there should have been. Personally, I didn't mind that there wasn't much action. There was more time spend on developing Thor and the other characters and that made up for it.
I did think it was sort of strange how the climax involved Thor trying to save the frost giants. It didn't make much sense and it was very short. It was disappointing.
Overall it's pretty good and I'm looking forward to the sequel and Avengers movie.
By the way, Idris Elba is in the movie. AWESOME!
HyperboleJan 17, 2012
The best this kind of movie is going to get. Chris Hemsworth plays the God Jock turned selfless hero perfectly. The supporting cast are good and look like they are having fun at the same time as delivering the goods. Tom Hiddleston isThe best this kind of movie is going to get. Chris Hemsworth plays the God Jock turned selfless hero perfectly. The supporting cast are good and look like they are having fun at the same time as delivering the goods. Tom Hiddleston is perfectly cast as Loki and does a subtle and eerie job in what is ablockbuster type movie. Anthony Hopkins is well cast and does a good job as Zeus. This is the first film since District 9 where I actually enjoyed the CGI. It is well done and works well for the magical Asgard, as well as for Thor and The Destroyer. I thought the humour worked well in the film too and it was nice to see it used at the right times. I also thought the end was decent. Expand
JaySupertrampFeb 6, 2012
First of all: watch the Credits completely! After that you will see something that changes everything! Thor is funny and loaded with heaps of action. The basic story is well known. So this movie doesn't extend your understandment of the storyFirst of all: watch the Credits completely! After that you will see something that changes everything! Thor is funny and loaded with heaps of action. The basic story is well known. So this movie doesn't extend your understandment of the story of Thor. Some special effects look like a few years behind newest standards but it"s absolutely worth to see it. Good mixture of fun and action, combined with fantasy elements created a better movie the some other superhero movies! Lovestory is only sideeffect what makes the movie even better... Expand
Critic2012May 5, 2012
THOR is not perfect, by far. The story is somewhat lacking, and the acting is mediocre. But it makes up for all of that with humor and lots of fun action that is so typical of marvel films.
AwesomeReviewerMar 26, 2012
The basic message of â
A_NorthernerJul 15, 2012
After Iron Man and Hulk, next up was Thor for introduction to the cinema-going masses in preparation for his role in The Avengers.

In comparison with most other superheroes, not only being from another world but a God at that, the story of Thor is probably one of the more difficult stories for adaptation. By dealing with other worlds and deities, as superhero stories go, Thor is more magical and less grounded than say Captain America or Batman. The result is a hit and miss comic book adaptation that suffers from a poor villain, too much mythology and fantasy, unmemorable fight scenes and an occasionally cheesy script. Chris Hemsworth is likeable as Thor, he delivers both the brash arrogance and later sincerity of the character and although I haven't seen The Avengers I hope his character is given a reasonable amount of time.

The story benefits most when Thor is exiled to Earth, the subsequent clash of cultures with scientist Natalie Portman is funny in places, although the line about a phone picture going straight onto Facebook may win 'cheesiest line of the year'.

Having read differing reviews of Tom Hiddleston's Loki, I side with the negative. Comparisons of the actor's portrayal with Heath Ledger's Joker are way wide of the mark. Thor's brother Loki is as unmemorable a villain as I can remember.

A must see for any comic book or Avengers fan but not the greatest superhero film.
EverlongApr 10, 2012
As someone unfamiliar with the character of Thor I found this film to be quite entertaining. The plot was better than most superhero movies and the visuals were stunning. Certainly worth a watch.
LynnHardyApr 6, 2012
I was really looking forward to this movie. I love action, SF, Fantasy, as well as most other films. The special effects were awesome, and yes, when Thor (Chris Hemsworth) took off his shirt - my oh my.... but this film was definitely lackingI was really looking forward to this movie. I love action, SF, Fantasy, as well as most other films. The special effects were awesome, and yes, when Thor (Chris Hemsworth) took off his shirt - my oh my.... but this film was definitely lacking something. I think the romance thread was so poorly done that it left me wanting something more from the film. There was no chemistry between the actors. Expand
RedMoonApr 30, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The one thing I enjoyed most of this film was the amount of work that was put into it also Chris Hemsworth which play the main role of "Thor" was the best chosen actor for this film. However the storyline started to lack quit a bit nearing the end...the so called death of his brother "Loki" wasn't much of a tragedy after been seen in the "avengers". But over all the film was done quite well and enjoyed it very much. I give this film an 8 well done. Expand
OfficialMar 8, 2014
This film is a good setup, leading to "The Avengers". It has emotion, good visuals and a great villain. It's not as good as "Iron Man" or "The Avengers", but you're a fan of either one of those films, you can't miss out "Thor".
abathinghMay 17, 2012
They couldn't pronounce a lot of things right in the movie, me being Norwegian definitely changes my opinion. It was a decent movie, but the story should have focused more on Thor himself.
ajago12598Jul 4, 2012
When critiquing a movie, I think people tend to go over-analytical. For me, a movie is decided good or not by how much I particularly liked it. For Thor, I was entertained and I enjoyed the movie a lot. The special effects were killer and IWhen critiquing a movie, I think people tend to go over-analytical. For me, a movie is decided good or not by how much I particularly liked it. For Thor, I was entertained and I enjoyed the movie a lot. The special effects were killer and I was fangirling over both the protagonist and the antagonist. I had fun watching it, and that really matters. Oh, and once again, TOM HIDDLESTON hothothothot. Expand
kirkteegardinJul 5, 2012
I watched this movie some time ago. Thor had some actors I like. The old guy that is in charge of the Swiss guard in Angels and Demons is in the movie. The hot Natalie Portmen is also in it (the queen from Star Wars, and the chick fromI watched this movie some time ago. Thor had some actors I like. The old guy that is in charge of the Swiss guard in Angels and Demons is in the movie. The hot Natalie Portmen is also in it (the queen from Star Wars, and the chick from Black Swan). Anthony Hopkins (from Silence of the Lambs) is also in it. He plays as Odin, Thor's father. The main character that plays Thor was unknown to me. When I saw the trailer for the movie I was like who the **** is this guy? Running around thinking he is all bad ass. I was glad that he did not ruin the movie in the end. There are several funny parts in this movie. I thought the funniest part was soon after he arrived at earth and lost all his power; he was in a hospital and people were trying to sedate him and he yells out,"YOU CANNOT STOP THE MIGHTY TH.." Then he passed out after being drugged. The big silver giant robot in the movie bothered me because it looked like they copied and pasted it from the movie The Day The Earth Stood Still. It even shoots out lasers. lol. The movie was good for being a movie I did not really care to see. Expand
moonman1994Mar 7, 2015
Although a solid movie and certainly entertaining it never lives up to what marvel movies have shown they can be. Despite keeping your interest there are no points of the movie that are great or particularly memorable.
SpangleJul 26, 2013
The special effects of this movie are really cool which really helps this one out a lot. The acting is good, and the plot is interesting as well. Only negative is that it's pretty much your typical superhero movie, it does nothing differentThe special effects of this movie are really cool which really helps this one out a lot. The acting is good, and the plot is interesting as well. Only negative is that it's pretty much your typical superhero movie, it does nothing different despite Thor being a God rather than a superhuman. If that was different, then it undoubtedly would've been more enjoyable, even though as is, it's a pretty good movie. Expand
dev92Aug 25, 2012
The film is solid fun with the cast doing a stellar job but both this film and Captain America just feel like they have been made to stop Avenger's from having any character introductions. Still most of this film is great and I always enjoyThe film is solid fun with the cast doing a stellar job but both this film and Captain America just feel like they have been made to stop Avenger's from having any character introductions. Still most of this film is great and I always enjoy Natalie Portman's performances. Expand
HercBrasilSep 2, 2012
recently watched Thor in 3D, I confess I did not expect much from the movie, so much that it took me enough to watch it ...

But I was pleasantly surprised, the movie is very good! It has a good script, great actors, which together seamlessly into their characters, and it's quite enjoyable to watch.

3D in my opinion is depth of photography, and that Thor, despite not having been run natively in 3D, has good effects and the picture is always crystal clear and deep natural well, I point out to all who have tv 3D to see it in 3D .Edit | Delete
GarianAug 8, 2012
I liked Thor, the story seemed strong and the characters played their role pretty well, the way Thor interacted with the people on earth was hilarious, and near the end it was good to see him act more human towards them. It wasn't perfect,I liked Thor, the story seemed strong and the characters played their role pretty well, the way Thor interacted with the people on earth was hilarious, and near the end it was good to see him act more human towards them. It wasn't perfect, but it was a very good movie and I enjoyed watching it. Expand
starscream97Nov 3, 2013
While this movie is really good and a great introduction to the character and the world of Asgard, there were a few things that could've been better. Their needed to be more characters because even though the ones we got were greatWhile this movie is really good and a great introduction to the character and the world of Asgard, there were a few things that could've been better. Their needed to be more characters because even though the ones we got were great (Loki...need i say more?) i wanted to spend more time with Heimdall or the Warrior's Three. The main romance was fine as was Thor's character arc, but again more time needed to be spent developing them. The action sequences are great but their needed to be more of them or at least have them be a little bit longer. But the biggest problem is that they get one of the greatest character actors out there, Colm Feore to play the villain and they don't do anything with him. But still this was a really great movie with an awesome cast, great action and impressive effects. Let's just hope that The Dark World fixes these problems. Expand
PulseEnderNov 24, 2012
Thor is the last movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline right before The Avengers. Chris Hemsworth plays this truly tragic hero as he learns that with great power comes great responsibility. Plot: Thor Odinson is the son of Odin theThor is the last movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline right before The Avengers. Chris Hemsworth plays this truly tragic hero as he learns that with great power comes great responsibility. Plot: Thor Odinson is the son of Odin the allfather (Anthony Hopkins). Odin is the ruler of Asgard which oversees the 9 realms. Long ago the realm of Jotunheim had been engaged in a long war with Asgard in which Odin led his army to victory over the native Frost Giants and steals their source of power. However, Odin is about to name Thor King of Asgard when the Frost Giants attempt to take it back going against the terms of their truce. Odin turns a blind eye while Thor declares war but isn't taken seriously for he is not yet King. Foolishly, Thor travels with his friends and his brother into the realm of Jotunheim in an attempt to eliminate them. After a near death experience Odin bails Thor out but Laufey, leader of the Frost Giants declare war on Asgard. As a punishment for Thor's arrogance, Odin banish's Thor to the realm of Earth and strips him of his supernatural powers. Here, Thor meets a team of meterologists who attempt to help him out as he is misunderstood as the war rages between Asgard and Jotunheim. My opinion: This is a great movie that proves that you don't know what you have until it is taken away. Chris Hemsworth plays the awkwardest part of the movie very successfully as the locales of Earth have trouble communicating with him. If you are interested in Viking mythology or are into conspiracy theorys, or even interested in the Marvel Cinematic Universe then I would reccomend this movie. Expand
oblique15Feb 16, 2013
I loved this movie, but I was more amazed by the character Heimdall! He was epic! This movie is more about learning about Thor, I expect any sequel to have more action.
Compi24Jun 27, 2016
As far as quasi-coming-of-age-action-adventure-superhero films go, "Thor" is without a doubt among the best. In all seriousness though, Kenneth Branagh had a demigod (tee-hee) of a task on his hands in trying to simultaneously sell theAs far as quasi-coming-of-age-action-adventure-superhero films go, "Thor" is without a doubt among the best. In all seriousness though, Kenneth Branagh had a demigod (tee-hee) of a task on his hands in trying to simultaneously sell the magical realism of the fantastical world at hand, whilst furthering the overall narrative that was "Phase One" of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And, to be quite frank, he pulled it off. In spades. "Thor" not only accomplishes both of the aforementioned feats, it also introduces us to the charismatic stylings of both Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston, while also teaching us that Branagh himself indeed has a few action-oriented tricks up his directorial sleeves. Overall, "Thor" is great entertainment and I regret missing when it came out. Expand
worleyjamersDec 7, 2012
Hats off to Marvel Studios...Thor is excellent. Definitely one of the best Marvel films, behind Spidermans 1 & 2, which says a lot. This film was the perfect start to the blockbuster season.

First off, the cinematography and visual affects

First off, the cinematography and visual affects for the film were fantastic. Asgard, Thor's home planet, was beautiful to look at. I really enjoyed the scenes that took place there, and the artistic elements made it even better. The appearance of the film was my favorite thing about the movie. The visual effects were great too, but I come to expect nothing less of Marvel.

The performances were excellent, especially Chris Hemsworth as Thor, and supporting actor Tom Hiddleston. Hemsworth easily could have done what happened in Fantastic 4 and taken a more silly approach to the character, but he really does a great job of sticking to the character. Even during the humorous moments, I felt the acting held up. He gives a fantastic performance and is very convincing. Tom Hiddleston gives the strongest performance of the cast, in my opinion. I thoroughly enjoyed his performance and thought he did a great job. He really added a whole other level of emotion to the film. Natalie Portman is also fantastic, but I expect nothing less from her.

The story was also very appealing. I know absolutely nothing about the comic book Thor, same as most everyone else, so had no idea what to expect of this film. Marvel and director Kenneth Branagh knew this and were sure to keep that in mind when creating the movie. They did an excellent job. The characters were introduced nicely, the scenery gives the story a unique time and place, the pacing is great, there's little time wasted on narration and development, and they casted a brilliant set of actors to deliver the conflict and emotion. Also equal attention was given to both the God world and the human world, which I thought was very nice. The story was foreign to me, but because of the good direction and production, I ended up liking it a lot.

For the first blockbuster of the summer, Thor is a smashing success. I hope it scores big at the box office and I recommend it to everyone. This is Marvel's "prettiest" film, so take advantage of that at least.
Rox22Mar 19, 2013
I didn't really expect too much from this movie, as I was never too much a fan of the comic or the character. But, to my surprise, it was somewhat decent. Effects were first rate, the characters were well played (perhaps a bit hammy atI didn't really expect too much from this movie, as I was never too much a fan of the comic or the character. But, to my surprise, it was somewhat decent. Effects were first rate, the characters were well played (perhaps a bit hammy at points) and story was a pretty good origin story for Thor. Overall: A good, but not great, movie. My least favorite of the Avenger characters. Expand
MeritCobaSep 3, 2015
That Thor was directed by Kenneth Branagh came as a surprise to me, as I know Branagh as a director of Shakespeare movies, such as Henry V. It seemed like a different cup of tea altogether, but then again: why not?
Thor is watchable because
Thor is watchable because the main actor Chris Hemsworth instills an almost juvenile charm into the character that works well for the occasion. For Thor is a bit immature, as we soon find out. People probably have heard about Thor in one fashion or another, so it doesn't require much of a leap of faith to see the impulsive Norse god of thunder in this tall, muscled, blue-eyed, blond man.

It is Hemsworth therefore who carries most of the movie, with Tom Hiddleston(aka Loki: the trickster god) being a good second. The rest of the crew is mostly a side show, although Hopkins, being the great actor he is, usually tends to grab the attention anyway. And in a strange way, so does Idris Elba, who plays Heimdall, the guardian of the bridge that connects Asgard to the rest of the universe(on a side note: is it me, or has that-what-is-at-stake progressed from the earth to the whole universe of late?).

There is also Natalie Portman, who is an gifted actress, but in this male oriented and dominated movie she is just the female diversion that is meant to adorn Thor. It is not a role that that suits her well. She is too diminutive and too dark, which makes her disappear next to the tall Hemsworth and the role she plays doesn't offer her much to work with. Perhaps it would have been better if Kat Dennings, Portman's sidekick friend, had been the female lead, provided she had been snarky enough.

The script is pretty non-existent and filled with strange twists that make no sense. For instance, Thor is about to be appointed king by his father Odin, but then he shows his utter adolescence nature by invading the land of the frost-giants on a whim to find out who betrayed 'them' by using the astounding blunt force infiltration tactic that might have been inspired by US foreign policy. It is the kind of strategm in which you kill everyone first and then start to ask questions. But then: we never wanted to hear the answer anyway(because we already know it). But aside from this: did Thor just suddenly swap from mature to immature at the moment his father was about to make him king? Or was Odin willing to appoint this buffoon as ruler of Asgard despite him knowing this? But then why throw him out when he does what his nature demanded him to do? It makes no sense at all.

Somewhat later Odin interrupts the frost-giant massacre in time to safe his son and co. 'Just forget it ever happened', Odin proposes in a conciliatory manner to the frost-giant king. Forgetting that about 50+ frost-giants were killed by Thor and company for no reason at all and with only the loss of one wounded Asgardian. One wonders why them frost-giants are so upset as to decline this very reasonable peace offer.

The movie goes from one scene to next in a marvelous spirited fashion and logic, when it gets in the way, is just set aside. It is almost as if the script is made up on the spur of the moment by throwing a pair of dice. Perhaps this is tongue-in-cheek reference to the roleplay community?
The immature Thor matures in the nick of time to get back his powers so he can stop the evil that his way comes and the one that is about to overwhelm Asgard to boot. One hour later and it would have been in vain.
And when you are stuck in another realm there are always a bunch of loyal friends who open the inter-dimensional portal to pay you a visit, bring you up to speed with the latest news from home and allow you to return as well. All with odds than put sheer stupendous luck to shame and must have caused the laws of logic and chance to buckle under the strain of nonsense..

Perhaps Branagh tried to capture the mood that makes Marvel comics so incomprehensible. It all happens outside the boundaries of reason and humanity, but hey, it looks way cool! Any complexity gets resolved by brute force or, actually; temporarily fixed but never resolved, because there might be a sequel! Whether it is the Joker or Loki: villains never die! Or as the law of sequels has it: thy shalt allow for a sequel.

Thor is a fast, action packed superficial movie that therefore rightly belongs in the stable of the Marvel universe, which is totally at odds with the depth of the norse Sagas or, as a matter of fact of the works of, say, Wagner.
The movie incidentally made a profit two times over.
Ain't that marvelous?
BradySmithDec 21, 2013
Thor is an enjoyable superhero movie. It doesn't really try anything new, but it uses the standard ingredients well enough. It has a likeable hero, decent visual effects, and a very good finale. Sometimes it can even make you sad. InThor is an enjoyable superhero movie. It doesn't really try anything new, but it uses the standard ingredients well enough. It has a likeable hero, decent visual effects, and a very good finale. Sometimes it can even make you sad. In places the script and direction do need some work though. It's no Dark Knight ,but what else is? Well to be honest Iron Man, and the first two Spider-Man films were also better than Thor. So it's not exactly one of its genre's best. It's just above average entertainment. I can live with that. Expand
Movie1997Dec 19, 2013
While it's not the best super hero ever made, it still showcases some good old super hero starts! While some say the sequel is way better than the this first installment, I disagree. "Thor" brings in an interesting plot with good charactersWhile it's not the best super hero ever made, it still showcases some good old super hero starts! While some say the sequel is way better than the this first installment, I disagree. "Thor" brings in an interesting plot with good characters and some good storytelling. It never felt too goofy, but never brought anything more than it could have. Overall, it's still a pretty good marvel movie. I give it a B. Expand
Azid_AlexDeSmalApr 8, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Thor is a mighty superhero motion picture in the service of having a direction by Kenneth Branath. The film was written by Ashley Edward Miller, Zack Stentz and Don Payne and starring talented players like Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston and the stellar Anthony Hopkins. Thor is vividly ambitious having employed mega special effects and it is somehow a financial and critical success but it didn't worked out much for me, I just felt that Thor could have been much better.

The plot surrounds the character Thor (Played by Chris Hemsworth), whose character is well occupied with arrogance, courage, aggressiveness and those unpopular self-abilities were responsible for his own exile from Asgard to earth. Upon his exile, his evil brother, Loki (Played by Tom Hiddleston), intends to become the new king of Asgard and to consolidate all powers for his own self. I have absolutely nothing to against its main plot here, not very much of simplicity it is complex to a very small extent and it varies important themes like family and loyalty and it instantly tells me that Kenneth Branath injected some kind of Shakespearean elements in it. I approved its storyline here, it is good.

Acting-wise, it is amazing. Chris Hemsworth plays the tough character Thor and he navigated it very well. He is highly commanding in his acting performance and there is ultra-strength in it and yes, he did accomplished. Tom Hiddleston is very promising in the movie, perhaps I would say, Chris Hemsworth is overshadowed by him. Hiddleston's control on his facial expression every time he is performing is so precise, he exactly knows on when to 'turn to the left', or when to 'turn to the right', and with a perfect combination with his wonderful voice, he is sublime in this film. Perhaps his best moment is when his character Loki, a very inspirational villain, realised that he is adopted. Upon his discoveries, he screamed 'TELL ME!!' for the sake of finding the truth further and literally, backed up with fine acting skills, I could see so much pain and anger in Loki, and this enlightens me that Tom Hiddleston knows on how to manage a character. Anthony Hopkins plays Odin, the father of Thor, and as usual, brings his masterful game for his part and Natalie Portman too brought for us a fine performance.

The first quarter of this movie is very splendid. Anchored with excellent fighting/action scene, excellent editing, beautiful colourful special effects, great dialogues and I would like to reiterate, powerful acting performances but it did not lasted till the end. It literally went down the hill during the last quarter of the movie. Fighting scenes between Loki and Thor are purely messy and too ambitious, and I don't enjoy messiness. Tons of special effects are being employed and it loses my interest of it, and I guess it lacked much audience involvement during that period of time. I'm not trying to suggest that Thor is way over the top but its special effects somehow blinded my eyes that I could not focus much.

Thor is good, but not great, and I am very much in love to repeat that this movie could have been much, much, much, better.

(http://www.rottentomatoes.com/member/AlexDesmall) (http://facebook.com/alex.desmall) Twitter (Alex_DeSmall)
MalevolentMay 31, 2013
This movie was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The plot was great and the characters were excellent, especially Loki. I can't wait for Thor: The Dark World.
George-rootsJun 25, 2013
Thor is the first Marvel comic movie of 2011, Later this year we will have "X-Men: First Class","Captain America" and D.C comic's "Green Lantern".

I must explain that i have never been a big reader of "THOR", i acknoledge the character and accepted him for what he is but never really wanted to pick up a book and start reading, I knew the Origins, the Character's and all in all the fairly humourous cheese to it all.

Well aside from "X-men", I had no ambition to see any of the superhero films this year, My father decided to see "THOR" and I tagged along.

The result was obviously cheesy, yet it was a very well executed movie, both visually and acted.

THOR's Homeland looked STUNNING, in this new age of Cinematic CGI Landscaping it's getting better and more believable, However this film did not need to be 3-D, I stress that because nowdays it's being thrown in any movie like it was back in the 80's, it going back to a gimmick rather than an Art form.

Chris Hemsworth was a surprisingly good THOR, i'll admit he lost he's luster a bit when he ends up learning respect and new ways of life in a style done to death, but nevertheless a good solid job.

However the best performance is of course Anthony Hopkins as his father Odin, The name Hopkins with every passing movie is becoming more of an Enigma and more of a housing to all these fantastic characters.

Jane Foster in the comics was human THOR's nurse, in this version she's an Astrologist played by Natalie Portman, after how brilliant her performance was in "Black Swan" i feel she's slowly becoming the next "Audrey Hepburn" of the movies.

If i wanted to recommend this movie to anyone, I'd ultimately say if you liked "Clash Of The Titans" then this movie is for you, less monsters but all that good mythology stuff any person would and probably SHOULD like.

Final Verdict: Tweaking the Origin's a little, But neverthelss a really cheesy fun movie, very glad i went to see it.
dougaussieNov 5, 2013
Great eye candy. Lots of explosiony dusty dark stuff. bit of a story line. very little yukky romance, the side kick to thors girlfriend was good light relief humor. Lots of destruction, I like the destruction bits. You just like loki more andGreat eye candy. Lots of explosiony dusty dark stuff. bit of a story line. very little yukky romance, the side kick to thors girlfriend was good light relief humor. Lots of destruction, I like the destruction bits. You just like loki more and more. Great spaceship design. Now the bad: if the dark stuff is imprisoned in the core of some planet how can thors girlfriend accidently get to it, that's just stretching it too far, poor writing. And give me a break, a scientist on earth has some techno sticks that will stop the alignment of planets. Theres some good ideas and effects let down by logic gaps. Expand
TheApplegnomeJul 30, 2014
The best Marvel film so far, that show the most adventurous and stunning visuals that never have been identified before.

The high amount of science fiction and action truly keeps me entertained, not to mention the amazing CGI and the stunning amount of details, which together form a wonderful and entertaining film. The romance (no spoilers) between the characters in Thor truly gives the movie a high rating, because it’s so wonderful. The story in Thor is one other thing that’s fascinating, and there are many unique things that are cool to see in this amazing film, even thought there are some slow scenes where nothing particularly happened.

Thor is an entertaining film, that also is funny and enjoyable, and combined with a stunning composing from Patrick Doyle, is this film amazing to watch.

It’s not a flawless film, but it’s a very well made film by Marvel.

Thor gets a 8.3/10
SuperheroMoviesApr 17, 2014
Bolstered by an enthusiastic cast and a broad sense of humor, Thor is one Marvel film that delivers on many levels and is delivered with an honest, fun spirit that will spark the sense of adventure.
cag11Nov 29, 2013
I can understand if someone didn't like this movie. It has a shallow plot that doesn't have much action in it. I did like it because I'm more focused on whether or not the plot was executed good. It did good for a part one.
joao1198pedroOct 16, 2013
not the best superhero movie ever made but it is a good movie despite showing a different side of the hero is a good movie but it can be forgotten in a little time.
mrjoneseznNov 28, 2013
This is a comic-book movie (duh) and doesn't have aspirations to be any more than that. In that regard, it's a really good comic-book movie. Yeah, some of the dialogue is wooden, and some characters are underdeveloped, but it stays true toThis is a comic-book movie (duh) and doesn't have aspirations to be any more than that. In that regard, it's a really good comic-book movie. Yeah, some of the dialogue is wooden, and some characters are underdeveloped, but it stays true to its source material, and ends up being a pretty fun film. Expand
marcmyworksNov 27, 2013
Thor is fast paced, enjoyable and fun and only suffers when he is brought to Earth. There he is not nearly as interesting as he is on Asgard, but hey, those effects are expensive.
diogomendesOct 26, 2014
Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Thor (2011)

Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Thor (2011)

Okay, I’m going to be quite honest right here and say that… I thought this movie was going to suck. I really did. Not that I have a problem with the cast, I really don’t have. The problem is that Thor is my least favorite character and seeing a character walking around strange planets with magic and science related is something that I wouldn’t find enthusiastic or even entertaining. I’m more related to technology, maybe that’s why I think Iron Man is a way better character despite his latest movie (Iron Man 2, the one I saw lately) was semi-disappointing. However, after seeing “Thor”, I can at least say that I found myself satisfied. This movie is not better than “Captain America: The First Avenger” but comes close with wit, humor and human drama. I gave this movie an 8 when I saw it for the first time, but now I realize that it’s not worthy of it. Mainly because there’s some issues with the film itself that really made me question myself if I was watching a good movie or a boring one. There’s not much to say about this, but I’ll try to write a full detailed, well-reasoned review on this one.

The reckless Thor (Chris Hemsworth) son of Odin (Anthony Hopkins), challenges his brother's claim to the throne of Asgard. To teach him humility, Odin casts the young warrior down to Earth to live among humans. Robbed of his powers, Thor falls in love with a scientist Jane Foster (Natalie Portman). While Thor's brother; Loki usurps the throne of Asgard for evil gain and plans revenge, Thor's love for Jane and his lessons of humility turn him into the true hero and legendary and immortal warrior-defender of the peoples of the Earth saving them from destruction.

As you can see in the plot summary above, there’s really nothing much to say. The film’s narrative flows nicely throughout the movie (though sometimes is a little bit rushed). There’s a lot of lines in the movie that are, indeed, well-written. The dialogue between Asgardians is almighty (Pun fully intended) and even the interaction between humans seem grounded and believable. Again, like I said in my Iron Man’s review, it’s very difficult to capture belief in movies, especially if we are talking about super-heroes and Gods in general so if there’s something that this movie needs credit for, it’s the dialogue. The plot also introduces some action scenes (we’ll get to that later) but they are really short, perhaps the movie just wants to focus on its characters and the universe’s atmosphere, while also adding some comedic relief. And that’s my favorite bit.

The comedy is pretty good. There’s one scene where Thor enters into an animal’s shop—where there’s only cats, birds and dogs—and asks for a horse. And the manager is like “Oh we just have dogs and cats…” and Thor responds: “Give me one of those large enough to ride”. Or when Thor is drinking and says: “I like this drink! Another! *Smashes glass*”. There’s some really funny moments in this movie that just made my day while watching it. And not only the script provides it, but the actors also know how to perform it to make it even funnier.

Now, the action. If you haven’t seen this movie yet, please don’t expect too much action, because this movie has only few scenes with fights. However, when they appear, they are very well done. Director Kenneth Branagh clearly understands that action is not only about punches and kicks in the face. He brings panache and sense of fun to the action sequences and it’s more than promised.

Chris Hemsworth makes for a compelling hero, as his character Thor is very easy to understand. He’s arrogant, stupid and often dangerous. That’s another thing I like about this movie. It’s the character development. You can easily understand these characters through their emotions, their actions, their dreams and fears. The cast also helps it.

Of course, with all of this, we also get to see some few easter eggs related to Marvel Cinematic Universe. Hawkeye makes a special cameo and Agent Coulson has some scenes, while Nick Fury only appears in a post-credits scene, revealing a strange object with unlimited power. It’s very exciting to see all these storylines get tangled into one story. That’s why I am doing this big marathon, right?

Final Score to Thor (2011): 7/10. I couldn’t give this a higher score. Its narrative has its questionable flaws. However, this is a super-hero movie done right. It’s got charisma, heart, comedy and some action. Everything that any moviegoer or comic book fans would ask for. Its sequel is not that great, but this film, is good. Next MCU movie to review: The Incredible Hulk (2008).
SpiderPlayerMay 16, 2015
A good movie with some funny scenes, action scenes found through weak, has a history until interesting, but the film itself has nothing very special, but what I hated most in the film was the appearance of Hawkeye, it just appeared to showA good movie with some funny scenes, action scenes found through weak, has a history until interesting, but the film itself has nothing very special, but what I hated most in the film was the appearance of Hawkeye, it just appeared to show the public that it exists, but he did nothing, they could have used a lot more character. Expand
cumoviesJul 26, 2014
this movie to me was very good acting special effects action story was all good but not great this movie is better than a 7 but not good enough to be an 8.
my ratting 7.7/10 action 8/10 story 7.5/10 acting 8/10 comedy 7/10
my ratting 7.7/10 action 8/10 story 7.5/10 acting 8/10 comedy 7/10 characters/character development 8/10
MrBlackTronJul 28, 2014
Avengers filmine geçiş için karakterleri tanıtmayı amaçlayan bu filmler biraz aceleye getirilse de oyuncu kadrosu çok iyi ve uygun seçilmiş olduğu için yine de seyre değer. Konu klasik biraz tempo da zaman zaman düşüyor. Asıl Thor ve Loki yiAvengers filmine geçiş için karakterleri tanıtmayı amaçlayan bu filmler biraz aceleye getirilse de oyuncu kadrosu çok iyi ve uygun seçilmiş olduğu için yine de seyre değer. Konu klasik biraz tempo da zaman zaman düşüyor. Asıl Thor ve Loki yi 2.filmden itibaren görebileceğiz kanısındayım. Expand
WadeusAug 9, 2014
Thor is a great movie and the fact that that it sets up something bigger is a bonus to what is a awesome film about the bratty future king of Asgard, Hemsworth give a good performance as Thor and Portman is very good as Jane Foster
McCrumReviewsAug 15, 2014
Ehh. It's not the worst movie to come from Marvel, but it's far from the finest. It packs so many jokes into the two hour running time I might have mistaken it for a cheesy romance comedy, if it weren't for the dude in a red cape and the overEhh. It's not the worst movie to come from Marvel, but it's far from the finest. It packs so many jokes into the two hour running time I might have mistaken it for a cheesy romance comedy, if it weren't for the dude in a red cape and the over the top battle scenes. My advice: stay away from Thor, and watch "Captain America" instead. It's a surprisingly boring movie. Expand
SythusRATINGSOct 19, 2014
Thor spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is the mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth by hisThor spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is the mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth by his father Odin and is forced to live among humans. A beautiful, young scientist, Jane Foster, has a profound effect on Thor, as she ultimately becomes his first love. It's while here on Earth that Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth. Expand
thomasljoguesNov 13, 2014
Yes, its essential purpose is to introduce Thor so people will know him in the Avengers, but it is a decent movie. It has the most plot of the Phase 1 Marvel films and surprisingly, the least amount of plot-holes. Loki is amazing in the senseYes, its essential purpose is to introduce Thor so people will know him in the Avengers, but it is a decent movie. It has the most plot of the Phase 1 Marvel films and surprisingly, the least amount of plot-holes. Loki is amazing in the sense that he is the least generic villain of the MCU. Expand
JohnKristoferDec 22, 2014
Thor(2011) is funny and enjoyable for all ages.Thor is portrayed well by Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston did a great job portraying his role "Loki" but the other characters are just flat and boring.
MrMovieBuffJul 8, 2015
'Thor' follows the story of a once arrogant God named Thor (Chris Hemsworth), who is banished from his world, Asgard by his father and king, Odin (Anthony Hopkins). Along the way, at Earth, Thor meets three scientists; Jane (Natalie Portman),'Thor' follows the story of a once arrogant God named Thor (Chris Hemsworth), who is banished from his world, Asgard by his father and king, Odin (Anthony Hopkins). Along the way, at Earth, Thor meets three scientists; Jane (Natalie Portman), Eric Selvig (Stellan Skarsgard) and Darcy (Kat Dennings).

At Earth, Thor learns what it is and how to be worthy in order for him to become a mighty God again, but all that doesn't go according to plan when his scheming and jealous brother, Loki (Tom Hiddleston) plans to jeopardize Thor's return to Asgard and become King once again.

Kenneth Branagh directs this movie with such visual ambition, the actors commit to their roles very well despite looking and often sounding ridiculous what with the costumes and constant Shakespeare-like dialogue. It definitely doesn't feel like a comic book movie, instead, more like a tone-down version of "The Lord of the Rings" and "Game of Thrones".

The film does suffer from predictability and, possibly, just a short and thinly written plot, but it is a lot of fun, it may not rank among some great comic book films like; 'Superman' (1978), 'X2: X-Men United' (2003), or even 'The Dark Knight' (2008), but if you are a fan of the "Thor " comics...then you will like this for what it is.
waronassermanMay 2, 2015
I had a fairly decent time watching this! chris hemsworth was an absolute delight to watch as Thor! this movie didnt look promising, but I was pleasantly surprised
TrackerDeviceNov 2, 2015
Chris Hemsworth does an excellent job as playing Thor while the supporting also proves to be effective as well. With great action scenes, storytelling, and it sense of humor, Thor will definitely not disappoint fans.
EpicLadySpongeFeb 4, 2016
Thor wasn't the best opening to a franchise, but it's still strong and holdable at some cases and then there are those cases that remind you to the case of Thor.
BarneyOnMTMar 12, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: 'Thor' is majestic, fantastical yet heart-filled. Really, it's a shock it's so good, but thanks Kenneth Brannagh's Shakespearean characterisation, we get one of the better hero origins we've seen. Branagh's attention to detailWHAT I LIKED: 'Thor' is majestic, fantastical yet heart-filled. Really, it's a shock it's so good, but thanks Kenneth Brannagh's Shakespearean characterisation, we get one of the better hero origins we've seen. Branagh's attention to detail is perfect for this world and these characters, as are the incredible cast who are all perfect for their roles. This film will make you smile, triumph, and it'll even tug at your heart strings.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It could have done with a touch more action and a more interesting plot to add to it's overall impact. Oh, and, what was Loki's plan exactly...?
VERDICT: A fantasy take on Superhero films, 'Thor' is sadly Marvel's forgotten gem - it's actually very good.
JarodyFeb 11, 2016
Thor, is the first movie to introduce the mighty thor into the Mcu. Onto the good points, thor has a very interesting plotline oblivious to many movie viewers. In addition it has fun side characters, like Dr Selvig. The action is pretty greatThor, is the first movie to introduce the mighty thor into the Mcu. Onto the good points, thor has a very interesting plotline oblivious to many movie viewers. In addition it has fun side characters, like Dr Selvig. The action is pretty great too and the villain Loki is Clearly the best villain in the Mcu. The humour is pretty spot on too. While there are many good points, there are also a few bad ones. You start to dislike thor at the start of the movie and continuing disliking him until the end. I also think that there should have been more of Thor's home world Asgard. And while all the supporting cast are enjoyable there is one that is extremely annoying. Altogether Thor is another decent Mcu stand-alone movie and I feel is very underrated by fans. Expand
RojodeKantoFeb 28, 2016
Tenía que verlo, luego del final de Iron Man 2, tenía curiosidad, la película no era lo que esperaba, pero tampoco es mala, es que no soy fan de Shakespare como el director, pero me gustó el diseño digital de Asgard, el Bifrost, todo estáTenía que verlo, luego del final de Iron Man 2, tenía curiosidad, la película no era lo que esperaba, pero tampoco es mala, es que no soy fan de Shakespare como el director, pero me gustó el diseño digital de Asgard, el Bifrost, todo está creíble como han hecho este fántastico mundo, Chris Hemsworth es digno de ser el dios del trueno, lo borda bien, Tom Hiddleston como el engañoso Loki, también excepcional, tal como en el material fuente, los demás personajes está bien, aunque Darcy (Kat Dennings) me parece mejor que Jar Jar Binks de Star Wars, Anthony Hopkins como el padre de todos, te hace olvidar su personaje carácteristico caníbal, en cuanto a la trama, el protagonista a diferencia de otros súperhéroes no tiene un origen fijo, aunque no se aleja tanto de su primer número de Journey into Mystery (hay una referencia), que es un arrogante que sólo pelea por necedad, por lo que necesita aprender una lección de humilidad, desterrándolo y despojarle de sus poderes, las partes entre Asgard y la Tierra están muy equilibradas y ambos mundos son diferentes en muchos sentidos, no hay mucha acción, el romance entre el protagonista y Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) lo vi muy forzado, combina bien dos de mis géneros preferidos, la ciencia ficción y la fantasía, el cual también fue la innovación en los cómics cuando Thor debutó, para terminar, como dije antes ninguna de las películas de Marvel Studios es mala, hay unas mejores que otras, Thor está en el fondo de mi lista, para los que admiran el trabajo de Kenneth Branagh, les recomiendo esta película. Expand
FuturedirectorMar 17, 2016
Thor is another classic of action films. Maybe the mitology and formula it's a bit confusing or dull for this kind of films, but it really works, with interesting story-telling, human altitude, great interpretations and action-packed. Fans ofThor is another classic of action films. Maybe the mitology and formula it's a bit confusing or dull for this kind of films, but it really works, with interesting story-telling, human altitude, great interpretations and action-packed. Fans of Marvel will really like this film. Expand
ElectroNickMay 1, 2016
Thor hd always been one of the more boring characters in the Marvel universe since there wasn't really more to him outside of being a Norse God. This film though really fixed that as Thor has a similar character arc to Tony Stark but thereThor hd always been one of the more boring characters in the Marvel universe since there wasn't really more to him outside of being a Norse God. This film though really fixed that as Thor has a similar character arc to Tony Stark but there are a few differences. Thor starts as a prideful prince who lets the power get to his head but later learns the value of mortal life. He goes to Earth after being cast out from Asgard which gives way to interesting character interactions. Chris Hemsworth is a perfect choice to play the God of Thunder and he has great chemistry with Natalie Portman as Jane Foster. There is also a nice comrade re with the Warriors three much like their comic book counter parts. Anthony Hopkins carries a strong presence as Odin which is standard for such a powerhouse actor. The one actor who really steals the show is Tom Hiddleton as Loki. He is a devious character hence why he is called the God of Mischief but he is sympathetic as well in this incarnation. He is so good as the god of mischief that he even fooled me on more than one occasion which makes him a great villain since he is manipulative and unpredictable. Kenneth Branagh directs this film with his trademark visual flare making this film not only fun to watch but also beautiful to behold. This film made me a new Thor fan and I can't wait to see what awaits him in the future. Expand
superbatOct 2, 2016
Thor, overall, was a pretty enjoyable movie, but it's 3D rendering and heavy-CGI effects lower its score to a 7. The acting was great (from Hemsworth and Hiddleston in particular) and was lots of the fun, but they used too much CGI in theThor, overall, was a pretty enjoyable movie, but it's 3D rendering and heavy-CGI effects lower its score to a 7. The acting was great (from Hemsworth and Hiddleston in particular) and was lots of the fun, but they used too much CGI in the making of it, and at times I was distracted Expand
MovieLover123Jul 17, 2016
Not going to lie, I know the plot is nonsensical and the CGI sometimes is mediocre, however the MCU finally has a good villain character in Loki and the hammer is pretty awesome. Overall, it is a great summer popcorn flick and nothing more.Not going to lie, I know the plot is nonsensical and the CGI sometimes is mediocre, however the MCU finally has a good villain character in Loki and the hammer is pretty awesome. Overall, it is a great summer popcorn flick and nothing more. It will definitely not age well, but I definitely enjoyed it while in the moment. Expand
hiradNov 27, 2016
I don't like it.its boring and I think metacritic can rated 47 and it's better than thor the dark world.the best play in film it's tom hiddlston.i say it's bad.
SCarlisleSep 26, 2016
Thank God for Paramount Pictures, Marvel Studios, Kenneth Branagh, and Kevin Fiege for delivering one of the greatest superhero films onto the big screen to date! Thor is wonderful in nearly all of it's ways! The setting of Asgard is one ofThank God for Paramount Pictures, Marvel Studios, Kenneth Branagh, and Kevin Fiege for delivering one of the greatest superhero films onto the big screen to date! Thor is wonderful in nearly all of it's ways! The setting of Asgard is one of the most beautiful atmospheric environments seen in film history to date! The plot is very solid, and the characters are amazing! Before watching this film, I found it hard for me to relate to Thor, but what Kenneth Branagh did in this film is unprecedented! This movie is absolutely phenomenal! A few iffy plot points prevent the film from scoring an overall perfect score of 10, but that should not take away from how amazing this movie is! Thor is hilarious! You will find yourself literally laughing out loud at certain points in the film. This film just about has everything a superhero film needs--action, comic relief, drama, tear-jerking moments, the list goes on. Thor is awesome! There is not really a whole lot more that can be added to this. Thor is awesome! Expand
egkJan 14, 2017
ok thor, i think this really an enjoyable movie jokes are funny Chris hamsworth plays a great thor Asgard looks beautiful, and cool Easter eggs Loki is alright, he's not the loki that we know today. And i like fish out of water story. sook thor, i think this really an enjoyable movie jokes are funny Chris hamsworth plays a great thor Asgard looks beautiful, and cool Easter eggs Loki is alright, he's not the loki that we know today. And i like fish out of water story. so overall great movie a little dull at times but still its great. Expand
ammeooJan 20, 2017
This movie was an utter disappointment for me. The plots were not properly executed, there were many loopholes and the story was boring to be honest. The problem with these commercial films is that their whole purpose is to make money out ofThis movie was an utter disappointment for me. The plots were not properly executed, there were many loopholes and the story was boring to be honest. The problem with these commercial films is that their whole purpose is to make money out of amateur movie goers rather than make something that should critically make sense. Expand
ZerpnosMar 4, 2017
Dünyaya ışınlanan Thor ilk başta olayları araştıran birileriyle tanışır ve kıza aşık olur. Güzel zamanlar geçiren Thor artık çekici bulmanın vaktini geldiğini anlamıştır fakat biraz geç kalmıştır. Agents of Shield denen ekip çoktan çekicinDünyaya ışınlanan Thor ilk başta olayları araştıran birileriyle tanışır ve kıza aşık olur. Güzel zamanlar geçiren Thor artık çekici bulmanın vaktini geldiğini anlamıştır fakat biraz geç kalmıştır. Agents of Shield denen ekip çoktan çekicin etrafını çevirmiş ve incelemeye başlamıştır. Sonunda çekicine kavuşan Thor, Dünyaya gönderilen Yokediciyi ardından Asgarda saldırmak isteyen kötüleri durdurur. Expand