• Network: TNT
Season #: 1, 2, 3
4.1

1. judyw
    Aug 4, 2009
    HawthorNE has great potential, however the writing is weak and lazy, obviously, these scenarios have been done to death on other shows.It is however very clean and decent, which is it's saving grace, I beg the writers to stay away from "issues" or the show will fail. "issues" are boring we have all seen and heard it all before. Such as child abuse spousal abuse ethnic bias abortion HawthorNE has great potential, however the writing is weak and lazy, obviously, these scenarios have been done to death on other shows.It is however very clean and decent, which is it's saving grace, I beg the writers to stay away from "issues" or the show will fail. "issues" are boring we have all seen and heard it all before. Such as child abuse spousal abuse ethnic bias abortion and so on I wish all shows would give it a rest already if we want to see that stuff on tv we will watch the news. DO YOU GET IT? ALL YOU LAZY WRITERS OUT THERE? For God's sake use your own imagination, and above all, keep it clean. Expand
  2. AnitaD
    Jul 6, 2009
    Hawthorne had a unforgivably faulty portrayal on last week's show. Her daughter video tapes patients for a school assignment. This is illegal according to HIPPA, and Hawthorne doesn't say a word. She's just so darn proud of her daughter. I don't expect a tv show to be a documentary, but to show such a glaring error is disgusting.
  3. MichelleM
    Jul 31, 2009
    I really want to like this show - the actors on it are some of my favorite supporting actors from some of my favorite TV shows. I like some of Smith's character. She just seems too much - like she is all over the hospital in every one else's business. Is everyone else so incompetent that she has to do their job. If she really was a nurse manager she would need to learn to I really want to like this show - the actors on it are some of my favorite supporting actors from some of my favorite TV shows. I like some of Smith's character. She just seems too much - like she is all over the hospital in every one else's business. Is everyone else so incompetent that she has to do their job. If she really was a nurse manager she would need to learn to delegate. No wonder her daughter is so screwed up - by the time she actually went to her office to do the paperwork someone in that position would have to do she would never make it home! Expand
  4. PFW.
    Aug 18, 2009
    I like the show. I don't what people are expecting. It's a hospital drama.
  5. Jul 1, 2013
    This show is entertaining. That's what matters to me, and that's what matters to you (I think). I don't see it as a drama, I see it more as a dramedy. It can be sad, and it can be lively. That being said, it's nothing too special either.

HawthoRNe seems bent on being reverential, complete with musical montages meant to break our hearts. It's not awful, by any means, just too good to be true.
    Pinkett Smith is an engaging actress, but even her formidable energy can't liven up this sodden drama.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken tucker
    The results here are mostly mawkish and predictable.