The Cleveland Show : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 27, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
3.8

1. Oct 23, 2010
    It isn't as funny as Family Guy but Cleveland was one of my favourites from the show I was happy when he recieved his own. There are moments of brilliant humour and wit but I think the creators must of been running low towards the end of the series as the stories ran a bit dry. Still good, but not really DVD worthy.
  2. DobD.
    Sep 28, 2009
    Funny enough, I like Cleveland.
  3. JoJoP
    Sep 29, 2009
    This show was funnier than i thought itd be, its just like family guy, and the characters r mad funny.
  4. raye
    Sep 28, 2009
    Funny show the bear was a funny character and Cleveland jr was cool.
  5. BobbyL.
    Sep 28, 2009
    This is funny! You haters are crazy.
  6. MattH.
    Oct 5, 2009
    People who don't get the ingenious hilarity of this show just don't understand humor.
  7. Apr 10, 2011
    The Cleveland Show Is Actually Really Good. A Good Spin-Off You Say? Yes!
    The Voices Are Outstanding As Well As The Story Lines This Was The Best Show Of 2009!
  8. Jul 16, 2011
    I very much like this show, better than American Dad imo, but not as good as family guy, there are some good jokes but only a few per episode
  9. RyanO
    Oct 5, 2009
    Quite funny, as somebody who thought Family Guy has been losing steam and gradually stagnating, The Cleveland Show reminds me why I started watching McFarlane creations in the first place, absurd, weird, and altogether rude comedy that will offend if you aren't already laughing.
  10. JoeD
    Jan 11, 2010
    this show is hysterical and i don't really like family guy. good show
  11. AdioA.
    Jan 25, 2010
    The cleveland show is great, but at the same time its not something the family guy fans would expect from the makers, my guess is because its not as racist as family guy was or is because its still with the cleveland show, try balancing both those shows at once and keeping a good audience for both.
  12. Cameron
    Oct 13, 2009
    I actually find this show really funny, so do most of the people i know. hopefully it stays on the air.
  13. AndrewM
    Oct 19, 2009
    Funnier than Family Guy.
  14. parrem
    Oct 6, 2009
    Surprisingly really funny and even more surprisingly warm hearted.
  15. DaveS.
    Oct 7, 2009
    I find the show hilarious and think it will get better.
  16. Craigward
    Sep 27, 2009
    Solid and funny. Ignore the irrational Macfarlane hate. There's a reason he's got an empire.
  17. TomW
    Sep 28, 2009
    It was pretty interesting, it's no family guy, but it was actually pretty hilarious. But remember this is a pilot episode, when i saw the show. I am looking forward to the new episode, and yes... Cleveland DOES Rock.
  18. DeniseM.
    Sep 28, 2009
    I can't wait to see what's next - I believe the first show was just setting up what will be a very funny season.
  19. Mar 17, 2012
    It is unnecessary because Cleveland shouldn't have left Family Guy in the first place, but it has a few funny parts to make up for it.
  20. Jan 18, 2011
    Although The Cleveland Show is similar to Family Guy and American Dad, there are some differences. For starters Cleveland has grown as a character and is not as silent as he used to be in Family Guy. Also it introduces different characters to the show who can be funny in their own way. Yes this show is not as funny as the rest of Seth MacFarlane's tv show's, but at the same time it hasAlthough The Cleveland Show is similar to Family Guy and American Dad, there are some differences. For starters Cleveland has grown as a character and is not as silent as he used to be in Family Guy. Also it introduces different characters to the show who can be funny in their own way. Yes this show is not as funny as the rest of Seth MacFarlane's tv show's, but at the same time it has it's own style of humour and I think most of that comes from the relationship between Cleveland and the other characters, but also from the other characters relationships with each other. Collapse
  21. BrianM
    Oct 16, 2009
    Funny, but not funnier than family guy.
  22. JCole
    Oct 14, 2009
    Hilarious pilot and the episodes since the pilot have kept me laughing. All around good stuff.
  23. Jul 24, 2014
    It's obvious that this is just an attempt for MacFarlane to make a Family Guy for black people. Outside of the step-daughter "Roberta" Cleveland's new family members are just African-American versions of the Griffins. Other than the sense of deja vu, the only other big flaw the show has is the embarrassing racial humor. Moments where the show focuses on racist stereotypes are so stupidIt's obvious that this is just an attempt for MacFarlane to make a Family Guy for black people. Outside of the step-daughter "Roberta" Cleveland's new family members are just African-American versions of the Griffins. Other than the sense of deja vu, the only other big flaw the show has is the embarrassing racial humor. Moments where the show focuses on racist stereotypes are so stupid that they almost make you feel bad for MacFarlane.

Despite it's obvious issues I would be lying if I told you that this first season isn't full of laughs. As with other MacFarlane animated sitcoms the random, occasionally gross and offensive humor can be a blast. So yes it is worth watching if you're a fan of Family Guy or American Dad, even if it doesn't reach the heights those shows have.

Despite MacFarlane's attempts to cater to African-American audiences, his idiotic way of portraying racial stereotypes can lead to uncomfortable situations and jokes that have the potential to (and judging by the user score apparently does) alienate certain viewers be they white or black. It's not his smartest work, but when MacFarlane is firing on all cylinders you can almost forgive him for his stumbles. So at the very least it's worth checking out.
  24. May 28, 2012
    Absurdly good. 'The Cleveland Show''s comedy, though every bit as intelligent, is less manic than that of 'Family Guy', and leaves more room for its characters, not one of whom is obnoxious, and there is abundant humanity to be seen from each of them. The small and ridiculously talented vocal cast fits the characters like a glove, especially the immensely lovable and staggeringly versatileAbsurdly good. 'The Cleveland Show''s comedy, though every bit as intelligent, is less manic than that of 'Family Guy', and leaves more room for its characters, not one of whom is obnoxious, and there is abundant humanity to be seen from each of them. The small and ridiculously talented vocal cast fits the characters like a glove, especially the immensely lovable and staggeringly versatile Kevin Michael Richardson, who can't seem to find a single part he can't do flawlessly. His Cleveland Junior and Mike Henry's Cleveland Senior are two of the best cartoon characters I've ever seen. The show's terrible reception is an inexcusable stain on this country's society and points to its confused and insatiable fixation on racism. Appel and his team have made a show that is nearly as funny as 'Family Guy', and much warmer. Expand
  25. AdamB.
    Sep 30, 2009
    I actually kinda liked this show its just the first episode so it was setting up everything for the show but i definitely think family guy is better.
  26. May 29, 2012
    I Love The Cleveland Show No It's Not Family Guy But It's Pretty Close!
    The 1st Season Is A Little Dry (8/10)
    But Season 2 Was Amazing! (10/10)
  27. Nov 9, 2014
    Una serie ch a molti non è piaciuta ma che io ho amato alla follia.Soprattutto per i momenti umoristici e per i personaggi,questo è uno spin off che deve essere assolutamente guardato,io l'ho finita la serie e devo dire che è lo spin off miglior che io abbia mai visto in una serie televisiva,però dopo la nona stagione di Scrubs.
  28. Dec 23, 2015
    This show is pretty solid, season 1 feels a bit too much like Family Guy, but it overall delivers, great charters, amazing writing and overall, each episode is filled with fun and great plot.

The new show is more conventional and warm-hearted--but only slightly. If I had to sum up the humor in one word, it would be "random."
  2. Cleveland has a few delightfully outrageous moments, along with several that are gratuitously gross ("hot fur," anyone?), but its most disconcerting element is its significant resemblance to "Family Guy."
    Actually the dimly befuddled Cleveland works pretty well as a foil to the collection of redneck psycho neighbors, oversexed stepchildren and Russian bears (don't ask) who make up the cast.