• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 27, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
3.6

1. Jun 12, 2013
    I've been a fan of Family Guy since its very first season and, even if it’s not exactly been at its best the last few years, I continue to watch semi-regularly to this day. Basing a spin-off series on the Griffins neighbor Cleveland Brown however always seemed like a strange idea and having watched the majority of this first season I can safely say it just doesn't work. Often trying to imitate the type of humour that has made Family Guy successful it falls flat more often than not and I won’t be tuning in to season two. Expand
  2. May 8, 2012
    I honestly did not think user reviews would be that bad. I actually thought the show was funny, Not as funny as family guy but still solid enough to keep watching an entire season of the show. The Cleveland Show does a lot of things different when compared to family guy and I appriciate that. It's not the best show around but I still like it.
  3. Jul 24, 2014
    It's obvious that this is just an attempt for MacFarlane to make a Family Guy for black people. Outside of the step-daughter "Roberta" Cleveland's new family members are just African-American versions of the Griffins. Other than the sense of deja vu, the only other big flaw the show has is the embarrassing racial humor. Moments where the show focuses on racist stereotypes are so stupid that they almost make you feel bad for MacFarlane.

Despite it's obvious issues I would be lying if I told you that this first season isn't full of laughs. As with other MacFarlane animated sitcoms the random, occasionally gross and offensive humor can be a blast. So yes it is worth watching if you're a fan of Family Guy or American Dad, even if it doesn't reach the heights those shows have.

Despite MacFarlane's attempts to cater to African-American audiences, his idiotic way of portraying racial stereotypes can lead to uncomfortable situations and jokes that have the potential to (and judging by the user score apparently does) alienate certain viewers be they white or black. It's not his smartest work, but when MacFarlane is firing on all cylinders you can almost forgive him for his stumbles. So at the very least it's worth checking out.
  4. Apr 10, 2011
    The Cleveland Show Is Actually Really Good. A Good Spin-Off You Say? Yes!
    The Voices Are Outstanding As Well As The Story Lines This Was The Best Show Of 2009!
  5. Jun 14, 2011
    Not as funny as I thought it would be. Family Guy is lightyears ahead of this.
  6. Mar 17, 2012
    It is unnecessary because Cleveland shouldn't have left Family Guy in the first place, but it has a few funny parts to make up for it.
  7. Sep 24, 2011
    THE CLEVELAND SHOW has the same premise as FAMILY GUY, the show it is spun off of, and slightly unlike it, this is never funny. I only watched one episode, which was the Kanye West episode from the first season, and I declared immediately after that I would never watch again. I laughed once--oh, that was the time I forced myself to nervously laugh. This is so dumb that it's not even funny, unlike other shows when you find yourself cracking up because of their stupidity. Not worth your time. Expand
  8. Apr 22, 2013
    Literally forget these haters, Yes Im black I kinda like the Cleveland Show one of the only things to look forward to on Fox Animation Domination. The Simpsons is so stupid unfunny and just plain killing to watch after the first like 5 seasons. Bob's Burgers (NEW LOW). American Dad everyone I know agrees that this show has become the best and has surpased Family Guy. Family Guy..huh...What happened to you guys too much drama not enough comedy. The Cleveland Show good addition to watch. And NO not if your just black. Donna funny as hell, Roberta (ugly name for a sexy cartoon) funny, Ralo a straight G, Junior fat and funny, The friends are really uneccesary and just dumb, Cleveland better then his Cleveland in Family Guy. Yeah watch a few episodes and stop comparing it to Family Guy while watching it its actually not that bad. I get it, I really do some episodes and jokes are bad trust me I get it, but hell its funnier then the last 18 Simpson seasons. Watch it and give it a chance I did Expand
  9. May 29, 2012
    I Love The Cleveland Show No It's Not Family Guy But It's Pretty Close!
    The 1st Season Is A Little Dry (8/10)
    But Season 2 Was Amazing! (10/10)
  10. Jan 30, 2013
    Please keep in mind, this is NOT Family Guy. Comparing the two will make you disappointed. But on its own, its not bad. Not great either. OK, I need more characters to submit this......done
  11. Jul 5, 2011
    This show is an unsuccessful spin off of Family Guy. From the first episode it didn't have as good writing as Family Guy or the jokes that Family Guy has.
  12. Sep 8, 2011
    I was never a huge Cleveland fan. When I found out he'd be getting his own spin-off, I was sceptical. Turns out I was right, it's very disappointing. It makes Family Guy and American Dad look like The Simpsons....in terms of quality, I mean.
  13. Dec 25, 2011
    Somebody please make him stop, Seth McFarlane has yet again conceived a failed abortion spawned by his previous piece of garbage that isn't even as bad as this. He is not creative, has no taste in comedy, and is copying the Simpsons in plot structure (which Family Guy barley has) and the animation style. The Cleveland show is boring and tasteless like its director.
  14. Oct 23, 2010
    It isn't as funny as Family Guy but Cleveland was one of my favourites from the show I was happy when he recieved his own. There are moments of brilliant humour and wit but I think the creators must of been running low towards the end of the series as the stories ran a bit dry. Still good, but not really DVD worthy.
  15. Aug 14, 2011
    Family guy sucks but this is so much worse, fox needs to stop jerking off to seth macfarlane. All his shows are the same dam thing their just about stupid disfunctional families. Seth Macfarlane is untalented in every way possible he needs to crawl under a rock and die because im sick of him and im not the only person that thinks so.
  16. May 15, 2013
    I'm in the middle here. Some parts of the Cleveland Show are good, such as charater development and voice acting. Other parts, such as the humour doesn't get near the standards of such shows as American Dad or Family Guy. I admit one thing, similar to Family Guy and American Dad, The Cleveland Show's theme tune is damn catchy. Anyway, The Cleveland Show has plenty of potential to be a funny animated comedy, but I feel The Cleveland Show needs more political humour, something which I feel Seth MacFarlane does best. Expand
  17. Jun 4, 2011
    Cleveland lacks humor. All the Jokes are not funny. How can Seth Macfarlane think this is worth airing? Cleveland himself tries to be funny but after his jokes you think 'What the Hell' are you meant to laugh. Rallo and Cleveland Brown Jr are the only ones I find remotely, the Rest of the Cast is boring.
  18. Jul 16, 2011
    I very much like this show, better than American Dad imo, but not as good as family guy, there are some good jokes but only a few per episode
  19. Jan 10, 2012
    A third Seth McFarlane show on Fox Sunday nights? Give me a break already.

It's the same tired formula, weak jokes, and obscure references to stuff nobody cares about now and nobody cared about 10-20 years ago when it still had some limited relevance.

Fox needs to dump this turd already.
  20. Feb 18, 2012
    Why was this made. Family Guy is played out, and this is just a really, really, really bad version of Family Guy. Shame on fox for letting McFarlane take a dump and call it television. This show, is making America dumber by the second. Disgusting
  21. Oct 4, 2014
    Unwatchable. And when I learned it was actually taking over King of the Hill's timeslot... Dang it! Absolutely don't see the reason why this show would exist, and it just went on and on and on for 4 (!!!) seasons?!? Giving it a 1 instead of a 0 as it actually made me smile like 2 times per 10 episodes.
  22. Oct 17, 2010
    Even if you're still a fan of Family Guy after 9 or so Seasons, you're really going to struggle to last through any episode of The Cleveland Show. Giving a spin-off to such a minor character always felt like a bad idea, and it becomes downright terrible when they change what little personality Cleveland had into being an unlikable jerk. He's now got the irresponsibility of Peter and the smothering father characteristics of Stan. The rest of the cast are practically clones of the Family Guy cast; flat mom, fat son, talking baby, talking animal, group of 3 drinking buddies, with the daughter being a copy of the Hayley from American Dad. Add to that unfunny jokes that lack the silliness of Family Guy or the timing of American Dad, uninteresting plots, forgettable episodes and characters; you've got such a lacklustre show it could only be described as "The most pointless spin-off ever". Expand
  23. Jan 18, 2011
    Although The Cleveland Show is similar to Family Guy and American Dad, there are some differences. For starters Cleveland has grown as a character and is not as silent as he used to be in Family Guy. Also it introduces different characters to the show who can be funny in their own way. Yes this show is not as funny as the rest of Seth MacFarlane's tv show's, but at the same time it has it's own style of humour and I think most of that comes from the relationship between Cleveland and the other characters, but also from the other characters relationships with each other. Expand
  24. Dec 20, 2012
    The rare miss in Seth MacFarlane's glittering back catalogue of animation, The Cleveland Show comes across stale and unfunny, with little character development to speak of and very little likeability all around. Unlike Family Guy and American Dad, the show has no identity of its own, relying bizarrely on racism to provide any edge that it has. Characters like Roberta have zero presence throughout, and even the zany characters like Tim the Bear feel forced and unimaginative.

It's hard to envisage Cleveland Show still having a series to speak of if the network didn't want to keep Seth happy. As it stands, it may be worth putting this little side project out of it's misery and concentrating on the infinitely superior Family Guy and American Dad.
  25. Oct 19, 2012
    The Cleveland show IS THE MOST PATHETIC SPIN OFF EVER and here's why it's too racist, the plot was too quick and the jokes are pathetic I mean I loved Cleveland on Family Guy but when he gets his own spin off it would be too stupid so just end this series Seth McFarlane just this one
  26. May 28, 2012
    Absurdly good. 'The Cleveland Show''s comedy, though every bit as intelligent, is less manic than that of 'Family Guy', and leaves more room for its characters, not one of whom is obnoxious, and there is abundant humanity to be seen from each of them. The small and ridiculously talented vocal cast fits the characters like a glove, especially the immensely lovable and staggeringly versatile Kevin Michael Richardson, who can't seem to find a single part he can't do flawlessly. His Cleveland Junior and Mike Henry's Cleveland Senior are two of the best cartoon characters I've ever seen. The show's terrible reception is an inexcusable stain on this country's society and points to its confused and insatiable fixation on racism. Appel and his team have made a show that is nearly as funny as 'Family Guy', and much warmer. Expand
  27. May 8, 2011
    Wow, I'm a major Family Guy fan. It's pretty much one of the only shows on television I watch, sigh, but this Cleveland Show is amazingly one of the worst shows on television I have ever seen. I hate to say it, but it just seems like MacFarlane or his writers tried to put together a black Family Guy. It makes me wonder, do they really think this is humorous to the black family or are these depictions of the black family supposed to be funny? I really love the humor in racism, but when something racial is supposed to be funny, but it's not, then it's just, well, awkward. What a fail. Expand
  28. Jul 4, 2011
    People who think this show is funny think that black tragedy is a joke. I got so bored watching it I had to force myself to continue. Lack of humor maybe?
  29. Feb 5, 2012
    I have no idea who the clowns were that made Seth McDoucheLane make a third horrible show. Family guy was decent a decade ago, but it's been awful since it came back on air, and now everyone worships it as some pinnacle of humor when it's just gross-out humor with bad 80's movie ripoffs.

If you're looking for a good cartoon, don't watch this.
  30. Jun 2, 2012
    Absolutely horrible, Not only is it a copy of Family Guy, but it's also worse, and that's saying a lot considering the state of Family Guy today. MacFarlene should stop making TV series.
  31. Jun 7, 2013
    Seth can do what he wants with his characters. I'd rather see the quagmire show but Cleveland and his family are rather entertaining. Some great plots throughout season one (Tim the bear and Cleveland junior) becoming personal favourites. Still has nothing on family guy and American dad.. Lester, Tim and holt feel like carbon copies of peter, joe and quagmire (although handled with cheaper style) the animation is fantastic however and some jokes are fresh. This won't beat Seth's classics but it's a nice try. Expand
  32. Jun 20, 2013
    I love Family Guy, Almost anything on Adult Swim, American Dad, But this show was a Let Down. I could not get more then a few episodes in and I gave up.

1. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    The new show is more conventional and warm-hearted--but only slightly. If I had to sum up the humor in one word, it would be "random."
  2. Cleveland has a few delightfully outrageous moments, along with several that are gratuitously gross ("hot fur," anyone?), but its most disconcerting element is its significant resemblance to "Family Guy."
    Actually the dimly befuddled Cleveland works pretty well as a foil to the collection of redneck psycho neighbors, oversexed stepchildren and Russian bears (don't ask) who make up the cast.