8.0

1. Nov 30, 2016
    Clearly a game made for dbz and rpg fans, it's the best dbz game in the 3ds, the turn based combat will probably turn alot of people off but it's pretty entertaining for what it is, there's plenty of abilities and characters from the show, but clearly the main point is fusions, who doesn't want to see how the fusion between krilin and goku could look like, if you like dbz and rpgs gamesClearly a game made for dbz and rpg fans, it's the best dbz game in the 3ds, the turn based combat will probably turn alot of people off but it's pretty entertaining for what it is, there's plenty of abilities and characters from the show, but clearly the main point is fusions, who doesn't want to see how the fusion between krilin and goku could look like, if you like dbz and rpgs games give it a try, Expand
  2. Apr 19, 2017
    I just finished this game and It really impressed me. When I first saw it I thought it looked interesting but never imagined I'd have so much fun playing it. I'll start with the pros.

Pros + 1. The combat system works really well. I'm a long time fan of turn based combat and found the addition of interactive elements and player placement helped keep things fast paced. 2. The art

Pros +

2. The art style is excellent, it looks great for a 3ds game.
    3. The level design was great. The game is divided into 7 stages and i found myself eager to unlock them just so I could see which iconic area was next.
    4. The fusions system works well and its quite fun to see what you can create.
    5. I never needed to grind so the game never dragged for me.
    6. There are a lot of sidequests. Most of them are typical fetch quests, pointless flying through ring games or just more fighting but it is a lot of fun finding your favorite characters around each map and talking to them.
    7. There's a huge amount of fan service. Characters from dragonball, dragonball z, gt and super along with the movies.
    8. The story is new and doesn't rely on reusing scenes from the anime like a lot of dragonball games. It's not amazing but I liked it and the final fights were pretty cool.

Cons -

1. The fights can be quite long, although as the game doesn't require much grinding this didn't bother me.
    2. A lot of reviewers complained that the attack animations are lengthy but I really enjoyed them with the exception of ring outs. When your character is knocked out of the ring you see the same animation of them flying through a mountain. It gets old and afterwards you have to reposition them on the map so this can slow the pace of combat.
    3. Recruiting characters can be annoying. You have to build up an attack meter and then launch a special move but it can be blocked. Also later in the game it's a challenge to build your attack meter without knocking everyone out first.
    4. You need to collect energy to progress to the next stage. This could be a little annoying but it didn't take too much time.

Overall this is a really impressive game. I bought xenoverse at the same time but found fusions much more addictive. If you're a dragon ball/rpg fan and a 3ds owner then I really couldn't recommend it enough.
  3. Oct 1, 2018
    This is probably the best Dragon Ball game I played since Budokai 3. The battle mechanics are surprisingly deep with character placement and attacks pushing characters around the arena. Very funny writing keeping with the tone of the first DB series. A lot, lot of content, big number of side quests and many characters to collect and fuse. My only gripe is probably the awful handling ofThis is probably the best Dragon Ball game I played since Budokai 3. The battle mechanics are surprisingly deep with character placement and attacks pushing characters around the arena. Very funny writing keeping with the tone of the first DB series. A lot, lot of content, big number of side quests and many characters to collect and fuse. My only gripe is probably the awful handling of learning new skills and transferring those when fusing/defusing. If we ever get a sequel, I'd love to see that fixed. Expand
  4. Nov 29, 2016
    This game is not your typical western release DBZ game. This game goes back to the early days when DBZ (or even DB) could be experienced as an RPG. This game has a unique approach to RPG as it's both turn-based and action (think paper mario) with a twist of Pokemon. The game is set in its own world where all the timelines/ages are multiversed into its own... well... multiverse. The worlds,This game is not your typical western release DBZ game. This game goes back to the early days when DBZ (or even DB) could be experienced as an RPG. This game has a unique approach to RPG as it's both turn-based and action (think paper mario) with a twist of Pokemon. The game is set in its own world where all the timelines/ages are multiversed into its own... well... multiverse. The worlds, or levels, almost feel like dreams or realities molding into one another. In one world hercule city sits next to a elevated cliff that holds Cell's arena. Off in the distance is the ruins of another city with a post-apocalyptic looking Capsule Corp. (ie future trunks timeline) with a lower region looking like the canyon where Dr. Gero's lab was hidden. So you can clearly see each level/world is compiled of the corresponding saga's. The game gets a solid 5/10 for something fresh. We've played the same DBZ games since the ps2/gamecube era starting nearly 15yrs ago; not even Xenoverse gets a free pass on that one. So this felt like a breath of fresh air. The RNG in the game would have to be it's weakest point (currently on world 4 out of 6 at time of writing this) followed by the strength/weakness trinity system and how each character fits into one of those (and how rare it is to find them... looking at you Power types). If I had to fix anything, or pray it was patched, it would be the resources needed to progress in the game. There are literally 6 of them and you are not guaranteed any after winning a fight. You will need 50 of that one source and hunt down targets flying around with the corresponding color type and they will not reward you what you seek. They might even reward you a different type that you don't need. For that the game is tedious and the higher level you get the more HP enemies have and the less impact your attacks feel they have. At least the combat is fun. Expand
  5. Jun 4, 2017
    People comparing this game to "Xenoverse for the 3DS" are idiots. What could have been a fun little romp in the Dragon Ball universe ends up sucking eggs due to a stupid combat system, lack luster controls and a dull story line. If you must get this game, get it on discount or used.
  6. Jan 2, 2017
    All Dragon Ball eras in one game, this is more than just fusions, this game travel with all the characters from Dragon Ball to the new Dragon Ball Super, is just the RPG game this franchise need, hope for a sequel.
  7. Aug 22, 2017
    This game is a serious must for any dragon ball fan as it has compelling gameplay as you can create a super strong team with fan favourites such as goku black or super saiyan 3 gt goku. You can unlock characters by finishing missions or by opening time rifts and using a zenkai attack (a special move of sort). You can also unlock cac by using a zenkai attack on them. Once you have twoThis game is a serious must for any dragon ball fan as it has compelling gameplay as you can create a super strong team with fan favourites such as goku black or super saiyan 3 gt goku. You can unlock characters by finishing missions or by opening time rifts and using a zenkai attack (a special move of sort). You can also unlock cac by using a zenkai attack on them. Once you have two comptable fighters you can fuse them to create one stronger fighter who can use the fighters who fused moves. You can also fuse your cac with any fighter in the game. The fusion is one of funnest parts of the game as its a dragon ball fans dream the best bit though the game doesn't rely on this mechanic and instead is a fun game with a good story Expand
  8. Feb 13, 2017
    If you like dragon ball z you'll probably enjoy this game. It has a fun battle system and the story is decent. The only thing is that battles take too long and recruiting people becomes tedious.
  9. Mar 6, 2017
    The Dragon Ball game resurgence continues with Dragon Ball Fusions on the 3DS. I am not normally a fan of this style of game play but when you mix the Dragon Ball universe into the mix it just works. Pretty cool to see some of the random fusions you can do. If your a Dragon Ball fan and you own a 3DS then this is a must buy game.
  10. Nov 7, 2017
    Did not expect to have so much fun while playing this game, not a turn based rpg fan but since I love dbz the game was exactly what I needed, loved the fusion part and the whole variety of characters you encounter during the game, like someone who looks like Jayce but is a girl and has totally different hair and clothes, that was a nice touch. Anyways solid DB game, better then the lastDid not expect to have so much fun while playing this game, not a turn based rpg fan but since I love dbz the game was exactly what I needed, loved the fusion part and the whole variety of characters you encounter during the game, like someone who looks like Jayce but is a girl and has totally different hair and clothes, that was a nice touch. Anyways solid DB game, better then the last boring dbz games ( not a xenoverse fan ) Expand
  11. Mar 3, 2017
    The game (both localized and original version) is really poor and now that I was expecting.

I was expecting it to be a similar experience to Dragon Ball heroes (several timelines mixed together with fun activities to do and plethora of characters to choose from) It may be because it felt more like Dragon Ball Super instead of Dragon Ball itself that I felt disappointed. (I personally would've like it to be more GT oriented than DBS because of the space related story it manages but that is just my opinion)

The localized version has absurd and senseless censorship while the original one still has exclusive features non Japanese speakign fans can enjoy such as special characters and online events.

Sure, it has a lot of characters to choose from but most are either exclusive to the post game (under awfully specific conditions as well) or require really excruciating chains of quests for you to have access to them. That is if you don't mind having access to generic characters of course.

The story was slightly lack luster but I comprehend that mixxing several different stories and timelines with their won inconsistencies and temporal impossibilities is not the easiest thing of the world. If you like Dragon Ball in general (by this I mean no preferences in absolutely anything related to the franchize) and don't mind artificially elongated gameplay then you probably will enjoy this game, else you would be better off playing some other Dragon Ball related game in other platform.
  12. Sep 6, 2017
    Damn, good game!! The fighting system is perfect in my opinion, sometimes some battles are too long, but the history is great, the fusions are amazing... very good game!!
  13. Jan 3, 2019
    Dragonball Fusions stands as the greatest RPG I have played. It has control setups that are great for the way you traverse the environment. Since you are flying all of the time except in safe zones, you look with the circle pad and move forward using R. To speed up you also hold B. This makes the most sense. As Dragonball RPGs go you can make a custom character, and in this game theDragonball Fusions stands as the greatest RPG I have played. It has control setups that are great for the way you traverse the environment. Since you are flying all of the time except in safe zones, you look with the circle pad and move forward using R. To speed up you also hold B. This makes the most sense. As Dragonball RPGs go you can make a custom character, and in this game the mechanic is fully realized and expanded with EX Fusions. Nothing can compare to that in any other game. As a fan of the franchise it has been a dream to fuse with Bardock. The story and side quests have amazing depth to them while making it apparent that none of it is cannon. The only problems anyone would have is difficulty gathering energy (which isn't hard to solve) and the beam clashes don't ever seem to work in your favor. Expand
  14. May 12, 2020
    I would love a sequel or at least an update or dlc with a Dragonball Super roster and some extra side quest

Mixed or average reviews - based on 37 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 14, 2017
    Featuring stunning production values and an immense amount of content, this is a diamond for the fans of the series, while those not into Dragon Ball might not feel like they are the target of this game's appeal.
  2. Mar 9, 2017
    For fans of the Dragon Ball franchise I can see this game having some appeal. For everyone else, there are just far too many problems to put up with, and some parts feel unfinished or ill-considered. If you’re curious about this game and the promise of fusion-fury with your favourite Dragon Ball Characters, it could be worth a try. If you’re a franchise newbie that wants a good RPG, look elsewhere.
  3. Mar 7, 2017
    Dragon Ball Fusions isn't bad by any measure, but I'd struggle to call it exciting. The fact is, only big Dragon Ball fans are going to keep returning to Dragon Ball Fusions, casual fans need not apply.