7.4

1. Mar 28, 2017
    I created an account just so I could review this game. I was so hyped for this and when I saw the early reviews, I was disheartened. I almost cancelled my preorder. Thankfully, I didn't! This game is loaded with tons of fun with the core revolving around a terrific online multiplayer experience. I've sank probably 20-30 hours into baseball alone. People, no not let these reviewers who onlyI created an account just so I could review this game. I was so hyped for this and when I saw the early reviews, I was disheartened. I almost cancelled my preorder. Thankfully, I didn't! This game is loaded with tons of fun with the core revolving around a terrific online multiplayer experience. I've sank probably 20-30 hours into baseball alone. People, no not let these reviewers who only reviewed the single player away you. Come have a blast with me on the online multiplayer. You have your choice between 5 great game types. None feel cheap, perhaps Arcady for some but perfect to pick up and play a few games and put away. See you on the field! Expand
  2. Mar 28, 2017
    Did the "professional" reviewers even care to review the multiplayer? I'm having a ton of fun playing this. Since it's realese I've already put close to 59 hours into the online alone. It had very "arcade like" gameplay which is convenient for picking up for a few games and then setting it down. Each game type is loads of fun in on its own right. I refuse to accept the poor scores becauseDid the "professional" reviewers even care to review the multiplayer? I'm having a ton of fun playing this. Since it's realese I've already put close to 59 hours into the online alone. It had very "arcade like" gameplay which is convenient for picking up for a few games and then setting it down. Each game type is loads of fun in on its own right. I refuse to accept the poor scores because I am having way too much fun. Also: this just released in Japan so the competition is getting very high! Off to go play! Expand
  3. Mar 30, 2017
    I've never reviewed a game using Metacritic before, but after seeing the awful reviews from the 'critics,' I felt compelled to make an account to give a more objective perspective. Sure, one can argue that the game is diluted, but the multiplayer is amazing and more than makes up for it. There is plenty of content to be had here: five sports games which have online capabilities, ratingI've never reviewed a game using Metacritic before, but after seeing the awful reviews from the 'critics,' I felt compelled to make an account to give a more objective perspective. Sure, one can argue that the game is diluted, but the multiplayer is amazing and more than makes up for it. There is plenty of content to be had here: five sports games which have online capabilities, rating systems for almost every game, a surfeit amount of collectibles for gear, and more. IF you grew up as a die-hard Mario sports fan, then you'll love this game: guaranteed. If you're a causal gamer, but love competitive play, then you'll still have a fun time. I highly recommend playing it overall. Expand
  4. Mar 29, 2017
    I give it a 10/10 because the gameplay is extraordinary. I do not believe that it is a copy paste from the original games, I do see differences. What about the people who does not own the original games? I am sure the would enjoy it very much. I have played/own tennis and golf, and the mario and sonic at the Rio olimpics and I am having a blast with this new game. I also own many fifaI give it a 10/10 because the gameplay is extraordinary. I do not believe that it is a copy paste from the original games, I do see differences. What about the people who does not own the original games? I am sure the would enjoy it very much. I have played/own tennis and golf, and the mario and sonic at the Rio olimpics and I am having a blast with this new game. I also own many fifa games, and pes 15, 16, and 17 and being those games extraordinary, I do find that this game is very fun, and even adds stuff that you do not see in pes or fifa. What about kids? I am sure they are also having a blast with this game as much as I, now at my 37's. What about the music and graphics? Also a 10/10. So yes, 10/10 it is. Thank you Bandai Namco!!! Thank you Camelot!!!, and thank you Nintendo!!! The 3ds needed this game, please keep up the good work and continue releasing great games. Expand
  5. Apr 7, 2017
    It is a great game full of great content. I can't believe the bad reviews from the critics. It is a simple game but full of content. It has amazing amiibo cards that are very fun.
  6. Mar 30, 2017
    If you have titles like Mario Tennis Open or Mario Golf World tour I would not by this game. But if you don't I think this game is a great game! The game play is nice, The Amiibo cards are fun to use I think this is a great idea!
  7. Jun 2, 2018
    Mario Sports Superstars is a mixed bag. Some sports are better than others. Generally, most of the game can get addictive, although each of the sports have little content by themselves. It is also lacking in much of the Mario charm, and doesn't really have a story mode. That aside, a mostly fun and definitely underrated game. Sports fans could definitely get a kick out of this (pun intended).
  8. May 17, 2017
    This game really surprised me, the gameplay is excellent. My favourite sport is football, it's SO much fun! And the online works really well and lets you play against your friends. The tennis is the same as in Mario Tennis open, it may not be the best tennis game involving Mario, but it's still fun as hell. The baseball is also fun, and the horseback riding was surprisingly really fun too.This game really surprised me, the gameplay is excellent. My favourite sport is football, it's SO much fun! And the online works really well and lets you play against your friends. The tennis is the same as in Mario Tennis open, it may not be the best tennis game involving Mario, but it's still fun as hell. The baseball is also fun, and the horseback riding was surprisingly really fun too. Golf sucks though, it's boring in real life and it's boring in video games. Expand
  9. May 17, 2017
    This game is really fun, play this especially if you don't have a switch. the online mode works really well and the tournaments are fun, the best sports are football and horse riding.
  10. Jun 7, 2017
    I consider that this game is a good recopilation of sports using mario characters, although it is not an sports simulator game, it has the magic of the mario games, and it reminds me "mario sport mix" for wii, which was a very enjoyable game, but now with portability.
  11. Mar 27, 2017
    Just a normal game for 3DS. Use Mario image to sell a normal game for high price. Only play this game with you have nothing to play. Nothing bad, but nothing good. I liked it.
  12. May 2, 2019
    Let's agree that this game is better than Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, but it may need a little more Nintendo love, but i did enjoy this sports game, and it's amiibo support is amazing, using Mario amiibo figures and cards? More interesting than Animal Crossing amiibo series (No offense).
  13. Sep 17, 2019
    A very fun collection of popular sports with Mario Characters. The horse racing has the be the best.

1. games(TM)
    Jun 14, 2017
    A nice collection, but nothing excels. [Issue#186, p.79]
  2. Games Master UK
    Jun 6, 2017
    Superstars didn't just drop the ball, it falls over, face first, into a steaming pile of horse dung. Avoid. [May 2017, p.69]
  3. May 15, 2017
    Mario Sports Superstars is bursting at the seams with a varied collection of enjoyable content. If you're a fan of Mario's sports games then this is one compilation that you'll likely find yourself enjoying for years to come.