5.5

Buy Now

1. Jul 28, 2016
    This game aptly reveals the potential of AR and its immersive capabilities. However, as soon as the novelty wears off, you'll see this game for what it truly is: a hastily polished, buggy shell containing only shallow, monotonous gameplay
  2. Sep 3, 2016
    Terrible game, by a terrible company. Their answer is to ban first, questions later no matter what. There is absolutely no balance to the game, especially true for rural or suburban players who live far from any pokestops or gyms. Niantic is not addressing this at all, they are sweeping this problem under the proverbial rugs, so unless you live in a large city like NYC, you will haveTerrible game, by a terrible company. Their answer is to ban first, questions later no matter what. There is absolutely no balance to the game, especially true for rural or suburban players who live far from any pokestops or gyms. Niantic is not addressing this at all, they are sweeping this problem under the proverbial rugs, so unless you live in a large city like NYC, you will have an extremely hard time playing PoGo.

To prove how severely unbalanced and unfair the game is, I did a comparison ""test"", using a GPS spoof on an emulator (yes cheating) playing in New York's central park, and travelling at walking/running and bike speed only, it took just over a day playing for about 4 - 5 hours in two sessions to reach trainer level 20, and capture around 95% of all the current pokemon in the G1 pokedex, and without warping around to capture rare pokemon.

Compared to my 'legitimate' account in my area, that took just over a month to reach trainer level 20, and only only fill a small % of the pokedex, often I had to travel more than 5+ miles just to find any amount of pokestops to fill up on pokeballs, now tell me - where is the balance? Perhaps, NYC should have 900 of its 1000s of pokestops, gyms and massive spawn points removed?

Players complaining because of cheaters should be forced to play the game with little to no ability to play before judging- I call out players living in areas with large amounts of stops/spawns/gyms cheaters in that respect, but ultimately it doesn't really matter who uses IV checkers/PokeVision/GPS Spoofers, eventually they'll ban everyone, heck even people who haven't been cheating are getting banned so..

To avoid alot of this mess to begin with, Niantic should have balanced the game so much better and cater to every player no matter the location but they didn't so any really its their fault there are so many issues, unfortunately the games popularity surge clouded their judgement, and corporate greed took over any common sense, and as such - this game is doomed to fail hard sooner or later and so it should, this could have been something special if more time and care was taken - but in the end, proved to by an over-hyped cash grab by a pitiful company, and has alot of fanboys defending it.
  3. Jul 8, 2016
    - Requires a Gyroscope for AR to work
    - Rural areas are empty
    - Combat has nothing to do with Pokemon (nothing tactical about it, its just who can swipe faster)

Summed up, what they could **** up hard, they ****ed up even harder
  4. Jul 9, 2016
    If you don't live in an urban area there's nothing for you to do, Even if you did, the game doesn't work most of the time. Everything about this game screams that the developers are amateurs.
  5. Jul 10, 2016
    Who would have thought that going out on a walk could be so fun. I know many people will be dissappointed because some areas are emptier than others and there is in app purchases, but what do you expect from a free to play game? Its one of the most addicting and fun games i have played in a long time and going for a walk with friends is really fun. Pokemon go can be laggy at times and itWho would have thought that going out on a walk could be so fun. I know many people will be dissappointed because some areas are emptier than others and there is in app purchases, but what do you expect from a free to play game? Its one of the most addicting and fun games i have played in a long time and going for a walk with friends is really fun. Pokemon go can be laggy at times and it will crash, but it doesnt happen that often and it uses quite a lot of battery, but these are just little things and i recommend this game to everyone. Expand
  6. Oct 16, 2016
    This game started off as the most revolutionary AR game but with each subsequent "update" the game has only gotten more and more stripped down and dismantled. It seems like Niantic had already cashed out and have abandoned the game. So sad. Don't waste your time, this game is going no where, learn from our mistake, you can skip this game without any regrets. Your time will be much betterThis game started off as the most revolutionary AR game but with each subsequent "update" the game has only gotten more and more stripped down and dismantled. It seems like Niantic had already cashed out and have abandoned the game. So sad. Don't waste your time, this game is going no where, learn from our mistake, you can skip this game without any regrets. Your time will be much better spent on any of the old or upcoming genuine Nintendo Pokémon games. Expand
  7. Jan 11, 2018
    Its fun for a while. After you catch all the Pokemon, it just gets boring. Same Pokemon, same everything. The updates are awful. Nothing good. They seem to disable the game with each update. It won't even work if you go like 5-10mph. Very buggy too. Come on Nantic, stop sitting around with billions of dollars partying and make your stupid game better. Also it banned me for no reason andIts fun for a while. After you catch all the Pokemon, it just gets boring. Same Pokemon, same everything. The updates are awful. Nothing good. They seem to disable the game with each update. It won't even work if you go like 5-10mph. Very buggy too. Come on Nantic, stop sitting around with billions of dollars partying and make your stupid game better. Also it banned me for no reason and had to get a new account. I've quit this months ago. I've switched to railfanning now, since I'm now interested in trains and not stupid ugly fat Pokemon. Expand
  8. Mar 31, 2018
    The thrill of walking around, exploring was awesome, really unique and innovative. But the battling gameplay was rubbish and the app drained battery life too fast.
  9. Apr 14, 2018
    While pretty fun at first this game gets incredibly repetitive after a while and the updates haven't helped. I stopped playing it after a couple of months and the only thing that kept me still playing up until that point was the fact that some of my friends also played it and we had fun together. If it hadn't been for that i probably would've quit after a week. And I also have anotherWhile pretty fun at first this game gets incredibly repetitive after a while and the updates haven't helped. I stopped playing it after a couple of months and the only thing that kept me still playing up until that point was the fact that some of my friends also played it and we had fun together. If it hadn't been for that i probably would've quit after a week. And I also have another complaint. Progressing can be incredibly hard if you don't have time or a way to battle in gyms. After a while your low capacity can be a very annoying thing and not having any special items is awful as well. Expand
  10. Jan 7, 2019
    This is the worst Pokémon game of all time, if the trailer was as good as the game it would still be going strong but no it's just A game where you throw pokeballs at Pokémon trying to catch them
    The battles are just see who can tap the fastest and who has spent the most money on this game.
    WORST POKEMON GAME EVER!!!!
  11. Mar 9, 2019
    Sunk Costs Fallacy.

This is a game which is trivial to beat but almost impossible to enjoy. It is the antithesis of every Pokemon game before it. Resources collection is miserly and time consuming. There are still horrendous, game-breaking bugs after nearly 3 years which Niantic has absolutely no interest in fixing.
  12. May 15, 2018
    I had a ton of fun with GO for a decent amount of time. Collecting Pokemon was fun and addictive. But many of the combat elements and overall long term stance with this game falls flat.
  13. Dec 20, 2016

Cannot connect to server.

Crash.

GPS signal not found.
  14. Sep 7, 2016
    Although this game is very creative and helps people get out of their houses and walk around, this game has many bugs, force quits when too many people are using it, and is dangerous as many people have been put in danger while playing this game. I feel that all the hype about this game will soon be coming to an end.
  15. Jun 29, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was promising when it was advertised/first came out, but now it's just gone down hill. This game probably had the most potential and most hype in the history of games, but absolutely failed to deliver.

- Rural areas, and even some suburban areas, are completely screwed over because barely any pokémon spawn there. This effectively cuts out a good chunk of their playerbase, and a good chunk out of their score. (-2)

- The battle system is only kept for gym battles. (-1)

- Everything is repetitive. I don't know anyone, online or offline, who still plays Pokémon Go. There's nothing fun or anything new to do any more. (-1)

- There's no major updates (besides generation updates, which are going to happen every blue moon). (-1)

- Niantic is too afraid to modify the game (in terms of actual gameplay, not pokémon) after they published it. No Pokéstops/gyms have been added/removed from Niantic, and there's not much players can do to modify/improve the game (-1)

- Speaking of Niantic, let's face it, Pokémon Go is just a reskinned Ingress with pokémon involved. (-1)

Overall, they did have a good idea (which I'll give a +1 for), but they ultimately failed to bring it to what it was expected to be.
  16. Oct 3, 2019
    Pokemon Go is the worst thing that ever happened to Pokemon.It's a complete disgrace.
  17. Jan 1, 2020
    It is a trash game unless you live in an area where there are lots of players. There aren’t many or unless you cheat. In which I think most are these days that’s why they get away with it.
  18. Sep 9, 2016
    Pokemon GO is a very overrated game, as well as a pretty mediocre one. In order to evolve you Pokemon, you have to catch multiple of these Pokemon, and the time you do that, your Pokemon you're trying to evolve is one of the weakest you have so far. Also, your battery drains faster while using this app and battles were very cliche. It has a decent GPS system, so it's not all bad, I mean,Pokemon GO is a very overrated game, as well as a pretty mediocre one. In order to evolve you Pokemon, you have to catch multiple of these Pokemon, and the time you do that, your Pokemon you're trying to evolve is one of the weakest you have so far. Also, your battery drains faster while using this app and battles were very cliche. It has a decent GPS system, so it's not all bad, I mean, it's not the worst Pokemon game. Expand
  19. Mar 7, 2018
    While certain things like unfair location differences and beginning technical problems have dissuaded non-gamers and non-familiar Pokemon gamers. Sure certain mechanics are still not included (trading which seems like a key-core feature of Pokemon in general) and spoofers are at at all-time high. It's still to be noted of the first time catching and hatching new Pokemon is a fun experienceWhile certain things like unfair location differences and beginning technical problems have dissuaded non-gamers and non-familiar Pokemon gamers. Sure certain mechanics are still not included (trading which seems like a key-core feature of Pokemon in general) and spoofers are at at all-time high. It's still to be noted of the first time catching and hatching new Pokemon is a fun experience as well as the newly introduced raid mechanics. With shiny and berry features being integrated as well as all the way up to Gen 3 Pokemon, version 0.91.2 has been more exciting than it's beginning. 7.4 out of 10 Expand
  20. Oct 30, 2017
    Gameplay is nothing great; the Gym/Raid systems are hardly motivating, so most progression is simply for its own sake. Catching is repetitive and hardly depends on the user's choices.

That said, the game is free, encourages physical activity, and begets socialization where there might otherwise have been none. You can ignore the game for a month and return when it suits you; it fits into your day without displacing anything else.
  21. Apr 2, 2017
    It's hard to deny the overwhelming success of Go and the impact on popular culture, however, as a game, its far too starved of content. The sucess of Go to me was the simple early game progression as the community as a whole slowly grew in power and gained more cooler and rarer Pokemon, watching Gyms go from Pidgeottos to Charizards to Dragonites. Once that community progession halted andIt's hard to deny the overwhelming success of Go and the impact on popular culture, however, as a game, its far too starved of content. The sucess of Go to me was the simple early game progression as the community as a whole slowly grew in power and gained more cooler and rarer Pokemon, watching Gyms go from Pidgeottos to Charizards to Dragonites. Once that community progession halted and levels would theoretically take around a month and your Pokedex was filled it really lost its charm and became a grind for that extra bit of CP or evolve that final rare Pokemon which you already know your Dragonite is superior to and youll never use it.

Gen 2 helped but adding new Pokemon along the road in a game like this isnt going relight that flame.
  22. May 30, 2018
    Decent fun that gets you outside.
    The gameplay is really simple, too simple even, you get Pokeballs, throw them to get Pokemon and the higher level you are, the higher the chance of their power being really high. And...... that's mostly it.
    Decent fun that gets you outside.
    Seriously, you walk outside, try to find pokemons and throw a ball to get them, so simple but decent fun. The game shines when you get friends and go to a park, the game encourages a overweight, lazy generation to go outside and walk. Eventually, you can meet new people and new real friends by talking to them when getting Pokemon.
    But it's too simple to actually sustain itself, even with gym battles you eventually get bored, but until that time you can get a great workout and some decent fun.
  23. Jul 17, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is pretty good compared to other ar games. Pros:
    Great for exercise
    Can help with socialising Cons:
    Not a lot of gameplay
    Server communications are quite bad
    Battle system is boring
  24. Aug 20, 2019
    This game has its ups and downs. I like the facts that Niantic tried to bring Pokemon outside and include so many features that derived from things only fans knew about from the show and TCG and expanded it into something millions got to experience. I think that many players are at a disadvantage because most areas in the world only have grasslands Pokemon, and I have to go on vacation toThis game has its ups and downs. I like the facts that Niantic tried to bring Pokemon outside and include so many features that derived from things only fans knew about from the show and TCG and expanded it into something millions got to experience. I think that many players are at a disadvantage because most areas in the world only have grasslands Pokemon, and I have to go on vacation to the beach to catch any new ones. I also find it kind of sucky that you can't trade items. Expand
  25. Aug 10, 2016
    Game mechanics are pretty much non existent and what is there is not fun. The catching is nearly all random based.

No battling wild Pokemon, no trading, no direct PVP. Gym battles are a joke. Terrible spawn rates outside of cities. As for technically, it's quite buggy and the servers are terrible. As well with the overpriced pay to win in app purchases, it feels like this is a

No battling wild Pokemon, no trading, no direct PVP. Gym battles are a joke.

Terrible spawn rates outside of cities.

As for technically, it's quite buggy and the servers are terrible.

As well with the overpriced pay to win in app purchases, it feels like this is a cash grab with very little thought into making a good game and more about how to make quick profits.

About the only things going for it is the Pokemon brand name, and the animations are mostly pretty well done.
  26. Jul 26, 2016
    Very basic gameplay without the combat or features of the main games. Suffers from poor optimization and performance, the freemium model means they have your game save to server side for every time you usea item and time you touch a pokeball which leads to more data usage and chances of freezing then necessary. No trainer battles or trading with friends.
  27. Jul 31, 2016
    The game is no longer fun because there is no way to track pokemon. Bored and not willing to put in the effort for rattatas, pidgeys, and weedles. Finding anything else is next to impossible since the update.
  28. Aug 12, 2016
    Another incredibly buggy pay to win, free to play piece of garbage. I've been playing for a week and have encountered so many bugs and had so many game crashes that I'm ready to walk away at this point. Had a 5km egg in incubator took 2 days, ready to hatch, game crashes in the hatching screen. I have to force close, come back egg is gone and new Poke is gone. Found an Onyx, feed it aAnother incredibly buggy pay to win, free to play piece of garbage. I've been playing for a week and have encountered so many bugs and had so many game crashes that I'm ready to walk away at this point. Had a 5km egg in incubator took 2 days, ready to hatch, game crashes in the hatching screen. I have to force close, come back egg is gone and new Poke is gone. Found an Onyx, feed it a fruit. It escapes. Feed it another fruit. Game crashes. Fruit gone, Poke gone. This **** happens constantly and makes the game unplayable.
    Even in an urban area like Torrance, CA there are very few Pokestops and gyms around which severely limits how many Pokeballs you can get which equals having to buy them for RL $. That is the ultimate Pay to Win scheme. Whoever pays the most will have the highest CP Pokes. **** this game.
  29. Jul 22, 2016
    Although it can be really fun, it also can be really buggy. My game has crashed numerous times even when encountering rare or high CP Pokemon. Battles are nothing special and aren't anything like the actual Pokemon games.
  30. Aug 2, 2016
    - The game mechanics are god awful
    - Playing it in rural places is horrible
    - Using gps to hatch eggs is a nightmare due to it not picking how far you have actually walked - Need Gyroscope just so AR can work - small towns barely have pokestops and gyms if any. - spawn locations are awful - Battle mechanics are worse than **** - Can't explore much due to trespassing - Exploring
    - The game mechanics are god awful
    - Playing it in rural places is horrible
    - Need Gyroscope just so AR can work
    - small towns barely have pokestops and gyms if any.
    - spawn locations are awful
    - Battle mechanics are worse than ****
    - Can't explore much due to trespassing
    - Exploring is boring due to pokemon only showing up in cities
    - Not having a clue where to look for them unlike in the actual games where some tails would pop up and you could sneak up on them
    - Doesn't take skill only luck in where you live or the locations of your house

All and all niantic sucks at having any kind of concept on how pokemon is meant to be. This is what happens when you don't let Nintendo and game freak have more saying in what should be put in it. I honestly don't care about walking around the actual world to find them. I like the idea of making the character walk around in a fictional world. Where you still use gps or step counts to move your character around. Just you wont have to go to such desperate lengths to hunt one down. This game kills the pokemon spirit and makes it some dried out half ass version of what it truly means to be a trainer. You don't win battles due to your own strength and level. You win battles due to your pokemon, they teach you and you teach them. Not you teach them and they just take your candy and have no ability to interact with them.
  31. Aug 3, 2016
    Pokémon go is a bad game .Gameplay - just throw Poke-balls on Pokemon that you found.The battles are just a few clicks without elements of real Pokemon games . And the effects of the game on people every day immersed the phone .
  32. Oct 15, 2016
    Niantic is hands down the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. I am not kidding. Their actions go completely against the community and their plummeting player base and ever growing list of unsatisfactory players are proof of it. They advertise certain features, take them away, lie, and deceive their player base. This game had so much potential but the companyNiantic is hands down the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. I am not kidding. Their actions go completely against the community and their plummeting player base and ever growing list of unsatisfactory players are proof of it. They advertise certain features, take them away, lie, and deceive their player base. This game had so much potential but the company that runs it is clueless. Expand
  33. Jul 9, 2016
    The gameplay is still in proof of concept form. Geocache pokemon is a good idea, but the interesting interactivity doesn't go much past that. It's just too limited right now to be more fun and I'm in an area where the application works fine. Besides collection the only other feature in the game is taking over gym locations and this is where pay to win players will triumph. Players whoThe gameplay is still in proof of concept form. Geocache pokemon is a good idea, but the interesting interactivity doesn't go much past that. It's just too limited right now to be more fun and I'm in an area where the application works fine. Besides collection the only other feature in the game is taking over gym locations and this is where pay to win players will triumph. Players who meet up need to be able to locally interact and the social interactions need to go past just showing up at locations. I hope to see better designed features, because if this game wasn't skinned with the pokemon we all know and love, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't stand in its current form. Expand
  34. Jul 11, 2016
    Basically, this is a really stripped down version of the main line Pokémon games. All it is walking around and capturing monsters all over the world, with little or no effort. The good thing here is that the game world is literally Earth, which gives endless possibilities for exploring. The bad thing is that capturing a Pokémon takes no skill whatsoever. All you have to do is is wait for aBasically, this is a really stripped down version of the main line Pokémon games. All it is walking around and capturing monsters all over the world, with little or no effort. The good thing here is that the game world is literally Earth, which gives endless possibilities for exploring. The bad thing is that capturing a Pokémon takes no skill whatsoever. All you have to do is is wait for a circle to be right size and swipe your finger towards the critter.
    With no battling involved during the capture, there is only one option for combat in this game, namely, Gym battles. This is probably the worst part of the game. Where the original games required strategical thinking, Pokémon GO just needs to tapped repeatedly on the screen to defeat your enemy.
    Another complaint is the amount of Pokémon that are available for capture. As of now, there are 721 different species, with new ones in the upcoming Pokémon Sun & Moon later this year. Of these 721 Pokémon, only the original 151 are available in Pokémon GO.
    The battery and data usage of the game also pose a problem. The battery usage does not seem out of place, since most mobile games tend use a lot of energy. The data usage could be fixed by using wi-fi, but since Pokémon GO requires you to run around the world, wi-fi is not always available. Having to use data to play this game optimally makes it less free to play, since you have to pay for your data usage.
    Weirdly enough, despite the lacking game play, the relatively small amount of catchable Pokémon and the battery and data usage, this game is a lot of fun. It makes people go to places they have never been to and meet like-minded individuals that are also on the hunt for virtual critters.
  35. Jul 9, 2016
    Let me first start by saying I am 29 years old, and gen one pokemon came out when I was 8. This game has only the gen one pokemon, which I personally think is great because some of the pokemon that came later where, for lack of a better word, stupid. Vanillish anyone? The thing is, other then only gen one pokemon, an innovative use of the real world, and the use of AR, this game hasLet me first start by saying I am 29 years old, and gen one pokemon came out when I was 8. This game has only the gen one pokemon, which I personally think is great because some of the pokemon that came later where, for lack of a better word, stupid. Vanillish anyone? The thing is, other then only gen one pokemon, an innovative use of the real world, and the use of AR, this game has nothing going for it. So here are my personal suggestions to turn this travesty of a game into something enjoyable.

-Fix server issues (of course)
    -Make the AR option available on phones without gyroscopes, or at least a simplified version of AR
    -Implement generation one battle system across the board (flicking should be restricted to throwing pokeballs, and rocks.)
    -Implement the gen one leveling system. Current leveling system screams cash grab.
    -Allow users to suggest/vote on better locations for poke stops, gyms, etc. (Nearest stop location for me is a church...)
    -Allow users to vote for additional pokemon being added, and don't add any more until the game play is decent.

Mark as helpful please, so someone who can do something to make this game enjoyable sees it.
  36. Aug 5, 2016
    This is not a Pokémon game. At best it is a step counter with Pokémon in it or hopefully just an advertising gimmick for the upcoming actual game (see Sun & Moon).

Aside from catching Pokémon with Pokéballs it lacks all the essential mechanics of a Pokémon title including building a team, training up Pokémon, choosing skill sets, battling Pokémon, dueling with other trainers, puzzles, etc. Though Niantic can clearly make a complex augmented reality game (see Ingress) they have stripped away both the complexities of their earlier title and of the Pokémon titles, essentially just creating a Pokémon mini-game. They have taken a simple but massively popular game of rock/paper/scissors and turned it into a coin flipping contest designed to compel you to pay for micro-transactions. Add to all this that their servers hardly let you connect and this is equivalent to an early access beta release with a lot of work still to go for a viable product launch.

If you were looking for the next step in multi-player interactive gaming or Pokémon games (or both) this is not what you will find.

If anything due to the lack of planned updates, market-growth-first rollout plan, and inevitable end of playability when the weather gets worse this really seems like a stunt to just get people interested in Pokémon again.
  37. Aug 4, 2016
    Casual garbage, this game is just a money making project directed to the brainless and casual audience, mostly kids. I mean why the **** you wanna play this if you have so many hardcore games to play, this is just a temporary trend, hope it ends it soon, but thankfully I am aware of what i play and i don't join this casual crap. The fact that it is for ios just tell you how much of aCasual garbage, this game is just a money making project directed to the brainless and casual audience, mostly kids. I mean why the **** you wanna play this if you have so many hardcore games to play, this is just a temporary trend, hope it ends it soon, but thankfully I am aware of what i play and i don't join this casual crap. The fact that it is for ios just tell you how much of a casual game this is, mobile videogames are among the worst ever made, not including portable consoles of course, because portable consoles are meant and designed to play videogames. At the end of the day, Pokemon Go is a cheap and lame attempt to make some money out of the casual audience, you failed once again Nintendo. Expand
  38. Jul 24, 2016
    This game is a bad cashgrab from Nintendo. The idee is fantsitc but they way the done it is real bad. Never saw a promising concept failing so hard. They try to make Money from everywhere they can. Oh you Pokemon is ded and you dont have any reviver? Pay us 1$ and we review your hard earnd Pokemon becouse we didnt include a Pokehospital mechanic. You get 4 poke balls at best at one stopThis game is a bad cashgrab from Nintendo. The idee is fantsitc but they way the done it is real bad. Never saw a promising concept failing so hard. They try to make Money from everywhere they can. Oh you Pokemon is ded and you dont have any reviver? Pay us 1$ and we review your hard earnd Pokemon becouse we didnt include a Pokehospital mechanic. You get 4 poke balls at best at one stop and a medium Pokemon can cost you up to 11 of them. Wait you dont have any pokeballs anymore? I gues you can buy 10 of them for 1$ wich doent even asure you that its enough for one good Pokemon. They made more then enough money to improve the Game in thnks like the optimasiation and gameplay aspekts but no its still makes them money soooo. Sorry my English is bad ._. Expand
  39. Jul 11, 2016
    I'm going to start out by saying that I, as a Pokemon up to the current generation, thoroughly enjoy Pokemon GO. That being said the game has inherent flaws that are bound to drive any Pokemon fan CRAZY.

-As you probably know Pokemon is very real-world/map based, so if you live in a city you will be better, have better Pokemon, have better/more materials. This actually doesn't drive me crazy despite the fact that I live in the middle of no-where because everyone else who battles at the gyms and such is on a level playing field since they live in a rural area, so you really have no excuse for being bad. What does bother me a tiny bit is that they are kind of putting us people who live in rural areas behind a paywall since there aren't a lot of pokestops in most rural areas.

-The battle system is all about A: What type of Pokemon you have, and B: Who can tap their screen faster. This isn't the normal turn-by-turn battle system you may be accustomed to, which bothers me a little bit. Easy to get over though because winning gym battles is still extremely satisfying, but even then, if you have a higher leveled Pokemon, you're bound to win, which brings me to my next point the leveling system or CP.

- CP system works VERY well surprisingly. You have to use stardust and candy to level up a pokemon's CP, while this isn't the normal way you level up Pokemon, I personally think that it's a great compromise because since stardust can't be bought using real money and you have to actually work by catching Pokemon to obtain the candy, it balances it. Also you use candy to evolve Pokemon so there is a choice you have to make when deciding how to allocate your resources occasionally.

-Some people have varying complaints about Pokemon GO not working with their phone since they don't have a gyroscope, but frankly in 2016, why don't you have a phone with a gyroscope? I haven't owned a phone without a gyroscope since my Samsung Instinct in 2009, and that didn't even run Android so at this point complaining about not having a gyroscope is like complaining about an online game lagging because you have dial-up internet. It's time for you to upgrade.

-The mechanics and the way the game works work great for the most part. I do, however, have one main gripe. So when there are Pokemon near you it shows you their silhouette and then footprints under it to show how far away the Pokemon is away from you. My issue with this is that the game doesn't give you a direction to walk so it takes way longer then it should to find Pokemon nearby.

My final verdict on Pokemon GO is a 7/10. You really need to think about it not as a Pokemon game, but as a mobile game with Pokemon in it. It's fun, I enjoy it, but it's very different from anything we've seen Pokemon in. By the way, you also need to remember there have been other non-mainline Pokemon games that have came out over the years that have strayed far from the original Red and Blue games' formula, such as Ranger and Mystery Dungeon. I recommend you give Pokemon Go a go, and if you don't like it, delete it, that's the glory of free-to-play games.
  40. Jul 20, 2016
    I grew up with the old / first gen pokemon. I am not a super huge fan of the franchise but I love it enough to know enough. Got a pikachu hat and a talking plushe. Used to be mental on the N64 with poke stadium. However... When I first started PokeGo it was pretty awesome. But now... since after the release and more countries added... EVERYTHING sucks!!! I don't understand why rural areasI grew up with the old / first gen pokemon. I am not a super huge fan of the franchise but I love it enough to know enough. Got a pikachu hat and a talking plushe. Used to be mental on the N64 with poke stadium. However... When I first started PokeGo it was pretty awesome. But now... since after the release and more countries added... EVERYTHING sucks!!! I don't understand why rural areas are empty. I don't understand why they are silent about the 3 step bug and the whole NEARBY list that doesn't work. I've been out and about with my GF and friends and the game KEEPS screwing me over. Again and again. Just now I finally found an Arcanine, I saw it on the map, tapped it to catch it / battle, and guess what. Game went down. I cant believe something THIS BADLY DESIGNED is out on the market without any word of fixes. I understand the hacks made it difficult. But stop FEKKING putting the game out in other countries because your servers aren't stable yet. This game could be sooooooo much more than it is right now. I am more than frustrated. I am truly angry because I am so let down. And my enthusiasm is a weak point. But for the love of God and everything that is holy. FIX THIS GAME COMPLETELY! AND LET US HEAR FROM YOU! NIANTIC!!! Expand
  41. Jul 28, 2016
    This game is gonna go one of two ways, dependent entirely upon Niantic. If they support and expand it in the many many many ways that they very easily can, it will become a staple game for years to come. If they decide they're fat and happy with the money they've made already and update slowly or not at all, it will stagnate and be dead within 6 months. I'm personally strongly hoping forThis game is gonna go one of two ways, dependent entirely upon Niantic. If they support and expand it in the many many many ways that they very easily can, it will become a staple game for years to come. If they decide they're fat and happy with the money they've made already and update slowly or not at all, it will stagnate and be dead within 6 months. I'm personally strongly hoping for the former, but I've seen the latter happen too often to know that it's a lot more likely to occur. Expand
  42. Aug 10, 2016
    The game has some great potential, sadly the developers are not utilizing these.
    The formula of this game was a seed for succes (Nostalgia + New Technology + Social Interactions) but the execution is pretty poor, which is a shame. It could've been more than what it currently is.
  43. Oct 14, 2016
    This is not even a game. This is a cheap marketing strategy to raise pokemon publicity and make easy money off of idiots who pay money for mobile game transactions. The worst pokemon title of all time in all honesty. Simply a re-skinned geo mapping program with micro transactions. Embarrassingly bad.
  44. PWD
    Aug 7, 2016
    Ok, the good side first.
    This app gets people outside, it encourages social interaction, and it has caused many to get exercise they would otherwise have avoided. That's the good side.
    Now, the bad side. To start with, the game often freezes. It's a battery hog. It often has server issues. And those are the minor points. Much worse, is that there is no limit on the number of
    Ok, the good side first.
    Now, the bad side.
    Much worse, is that there is no limit on the number of pokemon caught per minute. This has caused the game (which is, in fact, a massive multiplayer game) to be overwhelmed by botters who are griping on the bot sites that they are being teleport restricted to less that 50 per minute! And, to be utterly factual here, there is no possible way to prevent cooperation between apps on Android, that's what the OS is designed to promote. Literally, to actually stop all botting would be to break the OS. Bad idea.
    To cap off that stunning bit of stupidity, they created the usual "high leveling curve" found in MMO's with cash shops. This means that botters get a HUGE advantage over regular players, because regular players cannot play 24/7. Therefore, you have botters making level 33 (couple of million XP) in three days or so, and dominating the gyms. That's a HUGE problem that Xiantic is essentially ignoring. It's been my belief for many years now that a certain amount of botting in MMO's is tolerated to encourage non cheats to use the cash store to catch up.
    And now, the worst part. This game is inherently unfair. By design. IF (and few seem to be doing so) you play by the TOS, then you are to go outside and walk to find pokemon. If you are disabled, unhealthy or otherwise impaired, then you cannot play under the TOS. Disabled vets need not apply. Moreover, they brought out this game with pokemon concentrated in cities, the larger the city the better, rather than in rural areas. Ashe was a fool, he should have stayed in the big city rather than walking the countryside to find pokemon! So farm kids, rural kids, people anywhere outside a major city should just give it up right now. On top of that, icing on the cake as it were, these designers decided that pokestops would be at "points of interest". I'll admit they are trying to fix that, as quite a few have popped up in my region that were not there at first - though you would have thought a US Navy base with decades of history behind it would have had a pokestop at the entrances! Or maybe the National Guard Armory? Those MIGHT be of equal interest to a few parks? Or two dozen other places I could have named? This, at least, they are fixing.
    Even the idiots at Niantic should be able to do simple math. Try this, a pokemon per minute, using magic lucky eggs from the cash shop every time (expensive!) plus playing 8 hours per day (like a job - and carrying a dozen phone batteries with you) plus hitting every pokestop, plus evolving or hatching every pokemon in that time - that gives a maximum number for how much XP one could collect. Do the calculation, you get 3 million XP (give or take) since launch. EVERYONE dominating gyms has more than that. Level 34 would require something like 3 and a half million XP. That's simply impossible even with double XP from lucky eggs. Yet thousands of 30 + players (you can see their level in gym information) have filled up the game. At a guess, over 300,000 - as that's how many bots have been downloaded from a single bot site. There are many bot sites. In Singapore, the game was released this week. Singapore players are screaming about level 33 to 35 botters dominating every gym.
    On top of all this, Niantic is incompetent. This week they decided they'd magically stop remote botters by requiring a sim card. Did they even check the app development kit for God's sake? There's a PC emulator included for app development, the same one they are using, which includes sim card emulation, just enter a phone number. Now people, that's total incompetence, not even looking at your own tools. So now I can't play on my eight inch android tablet with my cell in my pocket doing it's WIFI thing, oh no, have to play on the gadget with shorter battery life! Can't use the car WIFI, my God, that's cheating or something! I've seen this before, and I'll say now, bail out before it's too late, because incompetent game designers will drive you insane before they drive you away.
    To sum up, a decent concept spoiled by no consideration of ANYTHING before launch. You have to wonder who or what was on this design team, and if they have any experience at ALL with the real world. It was obvious and self evident that this game, as an MMO, would be subject to bots. To allow bots to rule utterly was stupid. To allow people to continue to play while catching more than 2 or 3 pokemon per minute or with crazy XP totals is absurd. Limit XP per day, per hour, toss people with stupid numbers. They are doing none of that.
  45. Jul 21, 2016
    Is this the place were you write a review of games or of their ability to get people outside? This is game a piece of garbage here's why:

No skill required
    No depth what so ever
    The game mechanics are completely broken. There's incentive to not evolve Pokemon
    The game rarely works
    The tracking system does not work well
  46. Jul 13, 2016
    Pokemon Go is a shallow game riding on its Pokemon legacy. The hype is expected but in its current state I can't recommend the game to anyone even casual gamers.

In its effort to make the game accessible to everyone the game is well oversimplified: 1. catch pokemons by swiping the screen to throw pokeballs, 2. strengthen the pokemon by catching the same type of pokemon over and over again, 3. restock for more pokeballs at "pokestops" and 4. "battle" at gyms against AI controlled pokemon. 5.as an added extra you can walk to hatch eggs.

The first issue is if your favorite pokemon is not the common ones around your area then you probably wouldn't be able to use it in battle because of its low stats (point no. 2). This is apparent when I see almost all the gyms around my area being controlled by commonly found pokemons. Rarely can someone power up their starter pokemon unless it can be consistently found around their area.

Another mechanism of this game is as you level up the strength of the wild pokemon that you find also increases. This deters trainers from investing time and effort to train older pokemons. Why spend the resources to level a pokemon from 50 CP to 300 CP when the next pokemon one finds in the wild is 300 CP?

Finally, the gym mechanism doesn't work for casuals. Around my area the gyms are guarded by pokemons over 1000 CP. Casuals with few hundred CP pokemons would be obliterated trying to battle at gyms.
  47. Jul 13, 2016
    Pokemon Go isn't a good game by conventional standards, but it is a new and important one that will get you out of the house and out into the world looking for pokemon and items. It's become such a cultural sensation that chances are high you'll have fun walking around with a friend or meeting new people in your neighborhood and chasing after rare pokemon together to fill out your pokedex.Pokemon Go isn't a good game by conventional standards, but it is a new and important one that will get you out of the house and out into the world looking for pokemon and items. It's become such a cultural sensation that chances are high you'll have fun walking around with a friend or meeting new people in your neighborhood and chasing after rare pokemon together to fill out your pokedex.

It is not any better than it needed to be, as only the most basic features are offered, and even these lack depth and intrigue. One might hope that technical glitches, connectivity issues and battery problems are improved going forward, but still, the game's core systems are just too limited and ill-conceived to provide lasting enjoyment. I fear such a shallow offering is doomed to fade away into oblivion much sooner than the developers expect, ending up as merely an elaborate piece of marketing for the main title sun/moon games. I doubt Niantic realizes that they will never repeat this success of these first few days and that income will drop sharply in the weeks hence. It's just a shame because, with a bit more love, this could have the game changing pokemon mmo fans have been dreaming of for decades.
  48. Jul 12, 2016
    Really wasted opportunity.

They should of really just converted the Pokémon games on the Gameboy to the GPS and Augmented Reality of the mobile phone. Here's what I mean: - Poke Stops changed to Pokémon Centres to heal pokemon and replenish gear - Able to battle Poke trainers in vicinity and accumulate XP and Coins not just battling in Gyms - Trading, but that's coming out in
    Really wasted opportunity.

Here's what I mean:

- Poke Stops changed to Pokémon Centres to heal pokemon and replenish gear
    - Trading, but that's coming out in the next update apparently
    - Collect badges once gym is defeated
    - 6 pokeball limit when travelling. Can only change at Poke stops.
    - Pokémon level up during battles
    - Battling to capture pokemon rather than just throwing a ball at them

Now that would be really interesting.

Things they did well:

- Augmented Reality is great! I used to turn it on but it eats battery like crazy
    - Animations of pokemon are good.
    The pokeball aiming and throwing is fun
    - Poke stops of landmarks are interesting and educational
  49. Jul 17, 2016
    As a big fan of the Pokemon franchise I'm truly disappointed and I don't understand the hype for this "game". It's addicting but gets old real fast because:
    - There are no trading system,
    - No player vs player, - Only 151 out of 721 Pokemon, - If you live in the countryside or far away from a major city you won't have as much (if any) poke stops and gyms in your area thus limiting
    - There are no trading system,
    - No player vs player,
    - Only 151 out of 721 Pokemon,
    - If you live in the countryside or far away from a major city you won't have as much (if any) poke stops and gyms in your area thus limiting your experience.

the only kinda but not really battle that you can have is against AI that controls the Pokemon stationed in the gym by the other player. And even this "battle" is simplified to screen taping without real strategy like in real Pokemon games.

Stay away from this so called "game".
  50. Jul 12, 2016
    Like people weren't dangerous enough with their cell phones before...This thing is already a public health hazard--and teens keep walking onto my damn lawn. Also--you don't even have to battle the Pokemon to catch them--which is dumb. Dust off your DS and play Pokemon Y instead. Graphics and sound are nice though.
  51. Jul 21, 2016
    The game is super glitchy and I had to wait 3 DAYS to get an account or to make one. I like the game encourages people to go outside but people HAD DIED and gone in people's yard's! The gameplay is so bland and bad it makes five nights at freddy's look like the best idea the universe has ever had! This game should die not people.
  52. Jul 8, 2016
    Pokémon Go allows players to capture, battle, train, and trade virtual Pokémon who appear throughout the real world. But the servers are crashed more than I expected, there are a lot of bugs when you are trying to capture a pokémon. I hope Pokémon Company or Nintendo fix them.
  53. Jul 14, 2016
    It's unplayable if you're living in a rural area, because there are no Poke stops and gyms in a 10 mile radius
    and there are few to none Pokemon's nearby and if a Pokemon is nearby it's 1 mile away in a cornfield
  54. Jul 9, 2016
    After having it a few days, here are my thoughts:
    After having it a few days, here are my thoughts:
    The only good and fun part is when Im at Universal Studios playing it. And thats only cause theres a pokestop every 10 feet, and people constantly have lures up on them. Plus there are several gyms between the two parks and citywalk. (Not that it matters cause gym gameplay is borked) So if youre not at a park, its just horrendous, and slow, and boring, and repetitive.
    The game is INSANELY lackluster! There is ZERO depth here to the gameplay! The game is a tech demo, maybe a beta at best. Loads of bugs and freezes often, and the only thing that seems to work is the cash shop! No battles other than gyms(which have a massive list of issues with balance and gameplay), cant trade (a MAJOR feature of the brand since its inception), slow leveling/upgrades, useless starter pokemon, battery is gone in an hour, battery saving mode is broken and doesnt keep the app open, and repetitive crappy pokemon spawns! Just to name a couple things off the top of my head.
    The tech is there, but this is one of the most underdeveloped games Ive ever seen in my 28 years of gaming. For having an open beta, there is a severe lack of QA and playtesting in this game. Yes, the basic idea IS fun and cute and exciting, but its soooooo poorly executed, you will literally uninstall the game after 2 days when you realize nothing spawns unless you have a lure($$$) and if it DOES spawn, its your 987th Rattata.

Don't be fooled by nostalgia.

There IS appeal, and yes this IS the pokemon game we've been wanting for 20 years. It just needs more time to bake. PLEASE put this one back in the over and lemme know when it's actually a game.
  55. Jul 7, 2016
    I have never given a game so low a score, but this one has earned it. The servers are crashed more than they're up. I sat in a shopping plaza in my state's capital next to the largest road in the city with absolutely no Pokemon on the map. Best of all: the camera mode, the biggest part of the game, doesn't work unless your phone has a gyroscope. It would have been nice if this wasI have never given a game so low a score, but this one has earned it. The servers are crashed more than they're up. I sat in a shopping plaza in my state's capital next to the largest road in the city with absolutely no Pokemon on the map. Best of all: the camera mode, the biggest part of the game, doesn't work unless your phone has a gyroscope. It would have been nice if this was mentioned somewhere (Just looked again. The gyroscope is NEVER mentioned in the app info) So in order to play this game if it didn't crash constantly and actually had Pokemon in a city with a population of over 800,000 people, I'd need to spend nearly $200 just to get a phone capable of running it thanks to a gimmick that the game never warns you about. Expand
  56. Jul 8, 2016
    With Pokemon Go, you will get both excitement and frustration. Although not without its flaws, this game has immense potential. Unfairly, those with more expensive mobile devices will inevitably have more fun.
  57. Jul 14, 2016
    Biggest upset in videogame history for me.
    The concept is a 10/10, seriously this could make billions as a project, the whole idea is amazing.
    The game is **** up tho, basically you wait for the phone to vibrate, click on the pokemon, throw a pokeball, stop. This is all you have to do. No pvp, no pokemon exchange, no friends list, no personalization, pokemons have no skills, no levels,
    Biggest upset in videogame history for me.
    No pvp, no pokemon exchange, no friends list, no personalization, pokemons have no skills, no levels, no stats.
    Once the hype will go down hill, this will be remembered as a "could have been" project.
  58. Jul 19, 2016
    Pokémon Go is the new heroin for videogame addicts. Well, the servers are down too often, but this happens because it´s a worldwide phenomenon. It´s an impact for the way we play games in the future. Thumbs up for so much creativity, even they "stole" it from Ingress
  59. Jul 19, 2016
    A very enjoyable and fun game. Spent many hours walking around with my spouse catching Pokémon in the park and downtown. Saw many other people doing the same thing, even ran into old friends. The game is very simple and very fun, walked nearly 15 km's so far. Even battled in some gyms. Cons: Can get slightly repetitive with another Zubat, end game is only gym battles.
    Well worth playing.
  60. Jul 13, 2016
    This review is intended for people who have not been introduced to the game mechanics, so it may sound vague. There are a number of problems with Pokemon GO, which is otherwise a decent game at its core:

- Having a moderate-to-game-crashing bug at least once per 30 minutes is a virtual certainty, even in areas with good data coverage. It will often happen right as you are catching a Pokemon, or right as you come upon one, regardless of your operating system. Sometimes it will be because the servers are overloaded; sometimes it will be because the game itself is unstable.

- Pokemon are rare, much rarer than in any other Pokemon game to date. I find that I have to walk about 0.25 to 0.5 km on average to find a Pokemon to catch. This is opposed to the original game, where you had to walk about 5 meters into grass to be instantly assailed by Pokemon repeatedly. Pokemon density is based off of data gathered from an earlier application called Ingress that mapped where people used their phones most.

- Due to this obstacle, players have overlooked the point of the entire game and started driving around in their Mercedes to get from location to location or downloading the APK off of GitHub so that they can fool their Android emulator into positioning them anywhere on the map they wish without moving. This sort of tactic is against the ToS but so far no mentions of anti-hack have been made. The game is quickly becoming a wasteland of carbon emissions and broken, gentrified gameplay with high barriers of entry for children and the less advantaged.

- Progression is rather slow, and for some reason the quality of the Pokemon you encounter depends on your time playing. This means that the game supports early adopters. If you didn't start on July 6 then it's quickly approaching the point to where you might as well not even play at all, since there's no cap to the Pokemon quality that I'm aware of and you will never catch up. The only hope is that leveling up becomes so logarithmically hindered that everyone will be able to reach the same approximate level within a few days and no one will make it much further.

- There are premium (paid) items that increase the speed of this progression, once again giving an advantage to wealthier users.

- Battles are nothing like the other games other than selecting the right Pokemon types; they are more passive in a way that again favors those who are statistically superior (i.e. those who have shelled out more money, had the luxury of spending more time on the game, got lucky, etc.) The takeaway message here is that personal skill is practically irrelevant to battling.

- There is very little explanation of game mechanics and none of the above will be particularly obvious to you unless you're familiar with video games and have already invested several hours into the game.

So in conclusion the game greatly favors urban-or-suburban-dwelling, well-to-do users with a great deal of free time and/or money, who started playing early in July. Having a car and living in an area with light traffic helps also. Living in a place with temperate weather where you can actually use your phone outdoors or walk around for several minutes without absorbing unhealthy amounts of radiation helps.

Basically unless you are rich, have a car, are already in good shape, live in a suburban area with low population density and lots of public meeting places like parks, are between the 40 degree and 50 degree latitude lines, and started playing last week, you might want to rethink bothering with this thing unless you're fine with working way too hard to catch a bunch of Rattatas and Pidgeys for a week.

It's unfortunate because this is the most original and interesting Pokemon game since the original. The "game-ification" of getting out and walking or running around - assuming you aren't polluting the atmosphere by using your SUV or sports car to catch digital vagaries - is extremely effective and I've jogged 12 km in the last day alone just for this game. I would like to say these issues are going to improve but this is a Nintendo subsidiary we're talking about here; these guys aren't exactly known for finely-tuned gameplay unless you spend a lot of time in college dorm lounges.
  61. Jul 20, 2016
    Pokemon Go is one of the most fun and addictive games i have ever played. It's a really neat concept for a person to walk around in REAL LIFE to catch some Pokemon and it works well. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
  62. Aug 10, 2016
    May be fun for easily entertained people, not for real gamers. No pokemon battle, you just collect stupid sprites. If you catch a pokemon, you just caught it nothing more. The app aslo suffers from disconnection and bugs from time to time.
  63. Oct 2, 2016
    I want to be the best there ever was
    To beat all the rest, yeah that's my cause
    Electrode, Diglett, Nidoran, Mankey Venusaur, Rattata, Fearow, Pidgey Seaking, Jolteon, Dragonite, Gastly Ponyta, Vaporeon, Poliwrath, Butterfree Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all Pokemon! I'll search across the land, look far and wide Release from my hand the power that's inside
    I want to be the best there ever was
    To beat all the rest, yeah that's my cause

Electrode, Diglett, Nidoran, Mankey
    Venusaur, Rattata, Fearow, Pidgey
    Seaking, Jolteon, Dragonite, Gastly
    Ponyta, Vaporeon, Poliwrath, Butterfree

Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all
    Pokemon!

I'll search across the land, look far and wide
    Release from my hand the power that's inside

Venomoth, Poliwag, Nidorino, Golduck
    Ivysaur, Grimer, Victreebel, Moltres
    Nidoking, Farfetch'd, Abra, Jigglypuff
    Kingler, Rhyhorn, Clefable, Wigglytuff

Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all
    Gotta catch 'em all, Pokemon!

Zubat, Primeape, Meowth, Onix
    Geodude, Rapidash, Magneton, Snorlax
    Gengar, Tangela, Goldeen, Spearow
    Weezing, Seel, Gyarados, Slowbro

Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, yeah!
    Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, yeah!
    Gotta catch 'em all, Pokemon!

Kabuto, Persian, Paras, Horsea
    Raticate, Magnemite, Kadabra, Weepinbell
    Ditto, Cloyster, Caterpie, Sandshrew
    Bulbasaur, Charmander, Golem, Pikachu

At least one hundred and fifty or more to see
    To be a Pokemon master is my destiny!

Alakazam, Doduo, Venonat, Machoke
    Kangaskhan, Hypno, Electabuzz, Flareon
    Blastoise, Poliwhirl, Oddish, Drowzee
    Raichu, Nidoqueen, Bellsprout, Starmie

"Woo! We're at the halfway point, doing great so far"
    "We? What's all this 'we' stuff? I'm doing all the hard work!"
    "Breaktime's over, here we go!"

Metapod, Marowak, Kakuna, Clefairy
    Dodrio, Seadra, Vileplume, Krabby
    Lickitung, Tauros, Weedle, Nidoran Machop, Shellder, Porygon, Hitmonchan Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, yeah! Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, yeah! Articuno, Jynx, Nidorina, Beedrill Haunter, Squirtle, Chansey (Pokemon) Parasect, Exeggcute, Muk, Dewgong Pidgeotto, Lapras, Vulpix, Rhydon At least one hundred and fifty or more to see To be a Pokemon master is my destiny! Charizard, Machamp, Pinsir, Koffing Dugtrio, Golbat, Staryu, Magikarp Ninetales, Ekans, Omastar Scyther, Tentacool, Dragonair, Magmar "Whoa, catch your breath man, shake out those lips" "It's downhill from here, just 24 more to go" "Now it gets tricky, so listen real good" Sandslash, Hitmonlee, Psyduck, Arcanine Eevee, Exeggutor, Kabutops, Zapdos Dratini, Growlithe, Mr. Mime, Cubone Graveler, Voltorb, Gloom "We're almost home!" Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, yeow! Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all, huaw! Gotta catch 'em all, Pokemon! Charmeleon, Wartortle Mewtwo, Tentacruel, Aerodactyl Omanyte, Slowpoke Pidgeot, Arbok That's all folks! Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all (oowww) Gotta catch 'em all, Pokemon Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all (oowww) Gotta catch 'em all, Pokemon Catch 'em, catch 'em, gotta catch 'em all Gotta catch 'em all, Pokemon!
  64. Jul 15, 2016
    Its just another mobile game got too much hype! It needs a internet connection the whole time you play and you must activate your gps. To sum it up: Its a pokemon game with a new idea of going out (good for gamers ;) ) but it also includes some fails!
  65. Jul 20, 2016
    This game has a lot of potential, and is fun WHEN IT WORKS. Which is never. The servers crash ALL the time. And I'm running the game on a new iPhone 6S, so there shouldn't be any technological issues. I log into the game, use some items (an egg and some incense) and then it crashes. And then won't log me back in for HOURS. So basically, the hard-earned game "money" that I spent on thoseThis game has a lot of potential, and is fun WHEN IT WORKS. Which is never. The servers crash ALL the time. And I'm running the game on a new iPhone 6S, so there shouldn't be any technological issues. I log into the game, use some items (an egg and some incense) and then it crashes. And then won't log me back in for HOURS. So basically, the hard-earned game "money" that I spent on those items is lost to the void because the game doesn't work. I have "caught" at least 30 pokemon since I started, only to have the game freeze and crash just before the successful capture animation. And though the game says that it will automatically complete the capture and you'll find the pokemon there when you log back in... It's lying. I have never found one to be there after it's crashed on me.

I know the argument is that they couldn't have foreseen the popularity of the game or the demand on their servers, but the functionality of this game just isn't there. I feel bad for the people who spend real money on items just to have them wasted during server blackout hours (seems to be from about 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm). The glitches have made it so that this game isn't fun to play, and is instead just irritating and frustrating. I'll be taking some strain off the servers, at least, by not playing this anymore.
  66. Jul 26, 2016
    i really love playing the game its addictive, but only when its working. I have put some actual money into it and a lot of the time and when i apply an item such as an incense or lucky egg, it glitches on me then i have to restart, for it them not to load for an hour, wasting my actual money spent as the item has then worn off. I am very dissapointed that it has been released with so manyi really love playing the game its addictive, but only when its working. I have put some actual money into it and a lot of the time and when i apply an item such as an incense or lucky egg, it glitches on me then i have to restart, for it them not to load for an hour, wasting my actual money spent as the item has then worn off. I am very dissapointed that it has been released with so many glitches. it also drains battery at a ridiculous speed even on the battery saver mode and uses a lot of mobile data. Expand
  67. Jul 23, 2016
    Early Access "game", it's not really entertaining and the only hype is on catching Pokemons irl which to be honest is pretty dull (at least for me), I got more excitement from other things.
    Besides the Pokemon everything is far away from the real universe game we all love playing.
  68. Jul 25, 2016
    [PT-BR] Pokémon fazia o maior sucesso aqui no Brasil e o descaso que essa empresa faz com o Brasil é uma putaria total.

[EN] Pokémon was a huge sucess here in Brazil back in the day, and the neglect that the company do with Brazil is unbearable.
  69. Jul 27, 2016
    There was SO much potential here. Unfortunately, they blew it. Too many glitches that need to be fixed, especially the way it disconnects you every 30 seconds. I really wanted to like this game, but like so many others I found it to be disappointing and underwhelming.
  70. Aug 12, 2016
    Pros:
    - Free to play - with no required microtransactions. You can casually play Pokemon Go without spending anything. Microtransactions only exist to speed up your progress but are not necessary.
    - NO ADS! This is much applauded for a free-to-play app. - Good time-waster for riding in public transportation or taking a ride in your friend's passenger seat. - Relatively simple to learn
    Pros:
    - NO ADS! This is much applauded for a free-to-play app.
    - Relatively simple to learn and not overly complicated.

Cons:
    - Lack of gameplay depth (battles are solely against AI and involve just tapping on the screen; only 2 moves per Pokemon; lack of features present from the main Pokemon games) mixed with an endless and meaningless grind (you literally need to catch over a hundred magikarp to get your first Gyarados and literally thousands of Pokemon just to get your trainer level to the mid-20s --- FOR WHAT PURPOSE, exactly? To get the strongest Pokemon that will just get defeated in 30 minutes by the swarm of little kids invading your gym?)
    - NO CONSISTENT SUPPORT from the developer, Niantic. For the first 3 weeks after the game's launch, there was radio silence from Niantic with some launch-day features actually being REMOVED (not added!)
    - Relatively useless if sitting at home with no in-app purchases & useless for a lot of rural players that have no pokestops, gyms, or rare Pokemon spawns.
    - Lack of tutorial or guidance for newcomers that can make it daunting to start your adventure. In a way, this mirrors the usual lack of guidance or support from Niantic.

Final Verdict:
    DO: Download it, make a GOOD username (choose carefully) and give it a try by casually including it in your daily commute.

DO NOT: Buy microtransactions because
    a) This is an average/mediocre app at best
    b) Lack of support or features by Niantic means that you'll probably be requesting a refund shortly after your purchase.
  71. Aug 22, 2017
    No se puede pelear con los pokemons, simplemente te los encuentras y les arrojas pokebolas mientras hacen el tonto saltando y haciendo ruidos esperando a que los atrapes. No poder usar tus pokemons implica no poder levelearlos, y para esto metieron un hilarante sistema de "caramelos mágicos sacados del c***", donde al darle esos caramelos los "leveleas", ¿para qué?, para nada, porque noNo se puede pelear con los pokemons, simplemente te los encuentras y les arrojas pokebolas mientras hacen el tonto saltando y haciendo ruidos esperando a que los atrapes. No poder usar tus pokemons implica no poder levelearlos, y para esto metieron un hilarante sistema de "caramelos mágicos sacados del c***", donde al darle esos caramelos los "leveleas", ¿para qué?, para nada, porque no pode usarlos para combatir ni npc, ni gimnasios, ni siquiera pokemon salvajes o duel. Solo podes meterlos en bases y pelear contra pokemons de otras personas de una forma pobre y patética comparada con todos los demás juegos de Pokemon.

Dejando la jugabilidad de lado, el juego consta en hacerte salir todos los días a caminar 90 kilómetros para atrapar 2 putos pidgey y 5 ratata, y de paso perder tu celular en el camino porque algún ladrón te lo robó.
    ¿Quién carajo tiene tanto tiempo libre para salir a caminar todos los puitos días y encontrarse todos los días con lo mismo?, con pidgeys y ratatas.
    Además de esa estupidez sin sentido, está el hecho de que hay pokemons que solo se encuentran en ciertos lugares del mundo, yo supongo que los creadores de este juego eran tan ajenos al mundo real, que de alguna forma se imaginaron que la gente tiene dinero suficiente como para viajar a distintas partes del mundo por un puto bicho virtual.

Solo puedo describir este juego diciendo que es una idea excelente ejecutada de la forma más pobre, patética, e hilarante posible. GG, buenas noches.
  72. May 7, 2017
    I'm a small fan of Pokemon, but while this is fun to play if you bring a friend with you, alone it is super boring. The technology is impressive, but other games have more of a tech advantage.
  73. Dec 11, 2017
    Honestly, I don't see why many people are so into such a dangerous app game. I only played it a little bit, and about the only /real/ entertainment I got from playing it is when I took a photo of my pet ferret with a Horsea last year.

If you one of those gamers who really don't want to get hurt, let alone get killed irl, I strongly advise you avoid this (cr)app game.
  74. Dec 31, 2018
    So I have been playing Pokemon Go on and off for the past couple of years and let me tell you, what started off as a bland game with not much to do but walk around and look for Pokemon, now has too many features for a casual like myself to keep up with.
    The idea of Pokemon Go is fantastic and continues to fascinate people around the globe, myself included. When I am bored at the store or waiting for someone, I will hop on instead of needlessly wasting time scrolling through social media. I waste my time where it counts! Catching Pokemon lol. It is always inspiring to see Niantic pushing new ideas on the gamer to keep them hooked (or ways to get more money but whatever floats your boat).
    The thing with Pokemon Go is that once logged on, you catch Pokemon, waste some items and that is about it. Then you have to walk to locations on the map to do more things within the game. I don't like socializing, I am pretty antisocial so that aspect of the game is totally lost on me. When I log on, I catch the Pokemon within my radius, try to complete some tasks and then log off for who knows how many days. Honestly, at this point, the game is just taking up space on my phone.
    I am giving it 5 stars due to the fact that the game is pretty revolutionary, a new technology that will certainly see more usage in the near future. This is only the beginning of something much more beautiful.
  75. Jul 14, 2016
    There was so much potential here, but it was all wasted. No Battles besides really bad gym battles that are nothing like the old games. If you don't live in a main city, you're screwed, I live in a small town outside a city, the closest pokestop is 15 km away, and I've walked around my town for 2 hours and not seen more than a couple of pokemon. The game drains battery life like MAD, goodThere was so much potential here, but it was all wasted. No Battles besides really bad gym battles that are nothing like the old games. If you don't live in a main city, you're screwed, I live in a small town outside a city, the closest pokestop is 15 km away, and I've walked around my town for 2 hours and not seen more than a couple of pokemon. The game drains battery life like MAD, good luck getting more than 4 hours of play, even with battery saver on. I could go on, but seriously, this game is BAD, hopefully the new 3DS games make up for this. Expand
  76. Jul 14, 2016
    Can't stand this game. I don't know why this game can be a phenomenon, it sucks. First of all, it wastes my Carrier Data and Battery Life. Second, it's dangerous if you hold a phone when you're on a street. Well, who says this game is nice, I think they're mad
  77. Jul 17, 2016
    What the **** I nearly fell off a cliff with this app!________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  78. Jul 13, 2016
    this game is clearly a remarkable idea. it's not only fun but it brings people together, the fact how a smartphone has now made people kind of an individualistic people who don't care about their surrounding, this game fixes that. what's more fun then goin out with some friends and capture them pokemons?

and people have been saying soo much negative things on the game, how the server sucs, how the game works only with this and that, the combat system and so on. hey people, don't u see this game is brand new and has room to grow?! yea how about that ha?

thinkin of how the game will develop in time and gets better along with every update comin in the future is just.... i can't even think of giving it below 9! the one minus point is just the danger we could counter outside. like for example you found a rare pokemon but it is far out of reach but u really wanna get it, let's say it's under a river bridge, u so hardly wanna get it, u tired...then fall or maybe drown or maybe anything. yeap....that's not something the developers are able to fix i guess :v
  79. Aug 5, 2016
    Absolutely **** fundamentally broken...........................................................................
    just don't even try....................................................................................................................
  80. Jul 19, 2016
    The issues are the servers being down way too often and the app freezing every now and then. But when it's working, it's great. It's bringing people of all ages and all walks of life together for a bit of harmless fun. And it's getting players off their asses in a less awkward way than dance games.

Is it a simple game? Yes. But that makes it very approachable. It's not an in depth strategic combat game (at least yet), but if you understand that going in, you're going to have loads of fun.
  81. Jul 12, 2016
    Get mugged. Find real dead bodies. Have your gmail email intercepted. Maybe get hit by a vehicle as you pay more attention to your handheld than your current surroundings. Couldn't have asked for a better game!
  82. Jul 11, 2016
    Pokemon is a great series I've enjoyed playing it for almost 20 years and this latest installment does have some major changes to it that not everyone is going to like.

Of course the most obvious change is that Pokemon GO takes place in the real world, your physical location (determined via GPS) is reflected in the game and important landmarks become PokeStops or Gyms. Pokemon can be found all over the world but after some testing it seems that Pokemon tend to appear more in public areas especially near PokeStops and Gyms, the more stops and gyms in a given area the more likely Pokemon are to appear. PokeStops will also generate 3-6 random items for users every 30 minutes this includes anything found in the shop except gold, and the loot table seems to heavily favor Pokeballs as around 85% of the drops I received where Pokeballs.

The most major change is the complete overhaul of the battle mechanics and capturing Pokemon. Turn-based attack selection is no longer present, instead users click on the target to attack and swipe their own Pokemon to dodge. This makes combat much more involved and action oriented than in previous versions. Capturing Pokemon is also much more different instead of first weakening the Pokemon the odds of capturing one are based off of its strength (CP), evolution, timing, accuracy of the thrown, and any tricks added to the toss.

In-app purchases have also made an appearance, however there don't appear to be any items for purchase that you can't earn in-game. There also aren't any "fast-level" items for sale however the Lure Modules can be a little OP especially when used in a dense area of PokeStops. On the whole however the in-app purchase items have NOT made it Pay to win, good news for all of my fellow cheapskates.

Score Breakdown

Innovation: 9/10

Pokemon in the world is a huge achievement the programming and effort that went into this is astounding. However the implementation does cause some problems on some mobile devices, extended use will drain your battery in very short order, it may cause your device to become uncomfortably hot (+40C on a Samsung Galaxy S4), I also had trouble where my GPS location would shift around 5-10m at a time which was slightly annoying. The VR is also an amazing feature it's really nice to see Pokemon wandering around the world, it would be nice if once caught we could view our Pokemon in VR mode.

Creativity: 5/10

The lack of new Pokemon, while nice for the First Gen-ers, does mean that the only "new" addition to the game is Pokeshops. Also the lack of interaction with Pokemon we have already caught is kind of a step back after the most recent 3DS games.

Technical: 8/10

For the most part the release is stable and the only issues I had was caused by my device overheating slightly. There are some bugs present in the game (no not the Pokemon type) but none of them seem to be game/phone killers. Most of these bugs and heating issues are expected to be patched out "soon"TM. The menus are a bit laggy and the exit button can overlap with other things making it a bit of an annoyance at times.

Overall: 8/10

Overall the changes are rather interesting and add a decent update to the series. However the game is currently lacking some key features that could make it absolutely amazing. Some features we'd like to see: A PokeCenter since currently only items can restore your Pokemon, more interaction with Pokemon (ex. allow us to view them wandering our homes with VR), classic battles as an option for 1v1 battles, trading, and public 1v1, 2v2, etc. battles.
  83. Jul 13, 2016
    there are now reports of ppl using some app to put fake pokemon in places and then when someone comes looking for the pokemon , they get ambushed, robbed etc. beware of going looking for pokemon anywhere thats secluded or not in a well traveled/well lit public area.
    I think this is an interesting idea, but unfortunately it doesnt work well in real world application. People are too predatory nowadays to be able to interact normally anymore. the days of playing social games IRL with strangers has past.
  84. Jul 22, 2016
    I am an old gen1 & 2er and to me this is just a mediocre game with the Pokemon logo slapped on it. It brings nothing new to the genre - there are already very similar AR games. I don't get what makes it interesting to some people.
  85. Jul 12, 2016
    You know, I think that I'm just going to end up waiting for Pokemon Sun & Moon. The concept is cool, but it's not exactly new and it gets old fast. To me, it just doesn't have a lot of staying power and it's going to go down as that one fad that was really cool while it lasted.
  86. Jul 23, 2016
    While it's fun to catch and collect the Pokemon, ultimately the game is a total waste of time. There's no reason to evolve or level up Pokemon, when you can just catch fully evolved ones later on. Your starter Pokemon ends up being the weakest one because you won't find them anywhere. No real battling, leveling, trading, interaction of any kind with other people.
  87. Jul 18, 2016
    The problem with this game is simply that no one expected it to be the success it is. It's the PREMISE of the game that is the phenomenon, not the game itself. The premise of being able to go out into the real world and catch virtual creatures is an incredible and, in hindsight, natural idea for the Pokemon genre. But the game itself is incredibly shallow, geared towards the typicalThe problem with this game is simply that no one expected it to be the success it is. It's the PREMISE of the game that is the phenomenon, not the game itself. The premise of being able to go out into the real world and catch virtual creatures is an incredible and, in hindsight, natural idea for the Pokemon genre. But the game itself is incredibly shallow, geared towards the typical shortcomings of free-to-play / pay-to-get-ahead games.

Traditional Pokemon games have not undergone any major transformations over the decades for one reason: the original concept is solid. Aside from collecting Pokemon, Pokemon Go doesn't actually subscribe to the same concept. Which is a problem. Which is where its unexpectedly, unbridled success comes in. What do they do now? Do they take the game away from Niantic and revamp it to be more like traditional Pokemon games (I can hope!). Or do they double down on the Ingress-style gameplay?

Doing the former may mean the complete revitalization of Pokemon. Doing the latter will, in my opinion, lead to ultimate failure as the novelty wears off.

Where will they go from here? They can make this something great, or they could drop the ball big time. Only time will tell.

As it stands, it's a game with great promise, but one that in its current iteration fails to deliver.
  88. Jul 13, 2016
    It's a social app with super casual gameplay, I'm enjoying it for that and not expecting some official game experience until Pokemon Sun and Moon come out.

For version 0.29, this is heading in a great direction and will only get better over time.
  89. Jul 14, 2016
    Once the novelty of finding and catching real-world Pokemon has worn off, all that remains is a disastrous mess of an app that is plagued by seemingly every problem you can think of. Crashes, freezes, glitches, connection issues, server issues, graphical issues, missing data, stuck menus, poor touch controls, battery overusage - you name it, the game has that problem. The game lacks basicOnce the novelty of finding and catching real-world Pokemon has worn off, all that remains is a disastrous mess of an app that is plagued by seemingly every problem you can think of. Crashes, freezes, glitches, connection issues, server issues, graphical issues, missing data, stuck menus, poor touch controls, battery overusage - you name it, the game has that problem. The game lacks basic Pokemon features you'd expect (like catching Pokemon through battling) and doesn't properly explain the ones it DOES have. If you live in a rural area or if you're playing on a iPad that can only connect to local Wi-Fi, your gameplay is severely limited, and the game's in-app purchases are of course expensive. Add in the fact that it's been exploited for the purposes of crime and the other dangerous incidents that can occur if you walk around playing it, and you've got a game that's nothing but a failure that only the most intensely nostalgic can forgive. For everyone else, the app's dozens of horrific problems are not worth suffering through just to catch the same Pokemon you can catch in the handheld games we know and love. Expand
  90. Jul 16, 2016
    Worst game I've ever played. Grindfest that feels fit to decide that some places are supposed to be boring places to play. Does not get any better as level increases (I got to lv21).

If you live in a designated "no fun zone", by all means download it anyway if your favourite pokemon is pidgey or rattata. If you want anything else, you're **** out of luck.
  91. Jul 12, 2016
    Este juego es TERRIBLE.
    Para empezar, la era dorada de Pokemon ya hace años que pasó pero con el trailer de Pokemon Go parecía que la saga aún tenía algo interesante que decir. Pero que error fue pensar eso.
    El GPS va bastante mal, el juego chupa bateria de manera exagerada y el juego muchas veces se sobrecalienta y no responde bien. Además, ¿en serio alguien va a estar caminando
    Este juego es TERRIBLE.

Además, ¿en serio alguien va a estar caminando tantos y tantos km solo para abrir huevos y buscar pokemon? Aparte de ser una estupidez tu móvil sufrirá las consecuencias.

Y aparte, y esto ya es el colmo. Una vez eres nvl 5 y puedes luchar te das cuenta de que los combates son una mierda. Pero una mierda impresionante. Vamos, que solo hay que aporrear la pantalla, ir para los lados y rezar para que el pokemon del dueño del gimnasio sea de bajo nivel, que, por supuesto, no será.

Un juego aburrido y muy mal llevado que podría haber sido mínimamente entretenido, pero no, es una bazofia pura y dura.

No perdais el tiempo e invertid vuestro tiempo (y batería del móvil) en algo productivo y no en esta mierda cutre y sin gracia. Al menos han tenido la decencia de poner los pokemon clásicos y no las bobadas de hoy en día, pero ni eso salva a este juego de la desgracia.
  92. Jul 21, 2016
    I've had enough of this BS. This game is Broken ... BROOOKKEENNN, It crashes frequently, locks up if I catch a Pokemon or start a Gym battle, Constantly logs me out. The Opening Load times just add fuel to the fire of frustration of having to constantly restart the game.

There is literally no excuse for a game to be released in such a current state, especially since it likes to drain my Battery and my Data plan. It's unoptimized, it's shallow and its clear they released it early to cash in on the Pokemon Nostalgia.

If you want to keep playing, I ain't going to stop you. However I implore you DON'T SPEND A CENT on this game until they fix the issues.
  93. Jul 21, 2016
    Best premise of the decade and extremely addictive. The gameplay mechanics has unfortunately been very simplified though to appeal to a larger audience with poor combat and no real strategy required.
  94. Nov 2, 2016
    What started off being a great concept, was quickly driven sub surface by a bunch of Californian air heads who from their Ivory tower thought up how they wanted the game to run. No rooted device, no travelling over 30mph, no mapping software be it theirs or 3rd party and why? Because they want you to go wandering around doing a f*cking history tour of all the pokestops. Designed for fitWhat started off being a great concept, was quickly driven sub surface by a bunch of Californian air heads who from their Ivory tower thought up how they wanted the game to run. No rooted device, no travelling over 30mph, no mapping software be it theirs or 3rd party and why? Because they want you to go wandering around doing a f*cking history tour of all the pokestops. Designed for fit young people who live in highly populated "interesting" areas, if this isn't you, then this game's not for you. Niantics are about the worst Devs (with the exception of kongregate games) Well done on ruining a game Niantics, mission accomplished. Expand
  95. Oct 30, 2017
    La idea de Pokémon GO es la mejor que vi en años, y me divertí muchísimo los primeros meses de su salida. Pero luego ya está, tardaron en renovarlo, la optimización fue de mal en peor, no escuchan a los usuarios, en fin...
  96. Jul 24, 2016
    In the beginning of the this essay, I want to indicate that; my country is Turkey and this game is not available our App Store. Because of that, I signed up a new Apple ID from Australia and downloaded this game.(like other Turkish users).

Of course, I have great expactation about Pokemon Go. Because, this anime was the best anime for my childhood. As a consequence of observations, I firmly believe that; most of people are playing this game, but a great majority of people do not like enough.

First of all, this game is so boring. We can only catch Pokemons and after 5. level we can go to a GYM and fight with other pokemons. When intending to "fight"; this is very simple, we are touching screen recurrently, thats all thing about fight. Another issue is "Zubat" thing. They are in everywhere and this situation definitely irksome. In addition; servers of the game are too slow, the reason of this situaiton probably is huge user number. This is normal, but while you are trying to catch powerful pokemon, the game freeze because of these slow servers.

This game is new and in my opinion it is not ready for world.
  97. Oct 15, 2016
    LET'S BOMBARD THIS WITH ZERO RATINGS!!

LET'S BOMBARD THIS WITH ZERO RATINGS!!

The company who made this game is a CIA front who has absolutely NO respect to its customer base and is outright corrupt with NO player communication or promises! Every update adds minor polishments which do not solve problems and to now they don't even have a working tracker and recently they BLATANTLY stated that they have NO plans to release a new one..Just to give us a middle finger! (Not to say all working trackers are DESTROYED, so there is currently no way to track rare Pokemon)

Plus Spoofers, Hackers and illegitimate level 10 gyms run rampant and there is absolutely NO stopping them while legit players on Rooted devices, Pokemon trackers/scanners and legit level 39/40 players (Search Pokemon Go Level 40 in Google) were ALL destroyed!

Recently i even saw that they increased the speed limit to 25 mbph or more so Pokemon DO NOT spawn when you are on a car. Talk about business suicide!

AND most of the features they advertised in the AD including legendaries, Trading and Trackers are NOT presented yet, they are STILL in the coding, and i do NOT see a future where they will be presented to the public.

This company DOES NOT CARE for anything save for DESTROYING their game and a potentially great concept, that is all about it.

If you go to the pokemongo reddit (/r/pokemongo), 99% of the frontpage posts have something to do with devs being a total f**kup and ironically, MOST PLAYERS AGREE. This should give you a very nice idea on what this company actually is.

The only good thing about it is they do admit the game is unfinished unlike WarZ devs.

The fanbase is corrupt to and my rant posts about this game, as well as anything that tried to defend the trackers got DOWNVOTED TO OBLIVION and mods on the reddit sub even removed my posts without warning at all! (Other people do whatever they want and get thousands of upvotes)

If this is not a corrupt fanbase...i don't know what is!

And there is no use with the Pokemon save for fighting Gyms which i can reliably wipe out within a single attempt most of the time and with supposedly weak pokemon like ALAKAZAM and MACHAMP even though they are infested with Snorlaxes and Lapras with over 2000CP. And not to say that Gyms boot me out 99% of the time and it locks out then there is no way of getting around it save for waiting for 10 to 15 minutes!

On the good side Pokemon flee much less in the latest update which is the only thing good.

And below the resentful players and tracker sites there are a bunch of clueless people who do not know what is going on. Now i can see around 5 hours without a single lure in a 1000km area and Gyms got replaced after 3 minutes!

DO NOT support this game and its developers; They will not give you any form of promise, they just DESTROY, DESTROY, DESTROY and DO NOT expect a gen ii update, legendary pokemon and new trackers coming until 5 months later and at that time the company who made this game would had been finished DESTROYING this game, take money and close servers!!

DO NOT download this game until they fixed the majority of their broke stuff!
  98. Jan 3, 2018
    Keyif = -
    Atmosfer = -
    Süre = -
  99. Jul 17, 2016
    While not without flaws, Pokemon Go has been an excellent experience for me so far. I've gotten out far more than I would have otherwise, and I've met tons of new people! Servers were pretty buggy at launch, and battling was almost impossible on day one, but the improvements have been incredible. Niantic has really done a bang up job!
  100. Jul 13, 2016
    Once they fix the issues with the servers this game will be an easy 8 or 9 for me. It has gotten me out and about my neighborhood like no other app has. I prefer to be indoors, in my home, and I would rather not be in places with a lot of people. This game makes me want to be out amongst others.

The game is easy to play when it works. I haven't missed throwing pokeballs correctly very often. The Pokedex is nice to see. I haven't started upgrading my Pokémon, or done anything with eggs, but I am sure those things will only keep me playing more.

I will update my review in about a month once this game has had time to get patched and more features added.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 37 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 2, 2018
    You don’t even have to like Pokémon to enjoy Pokémon Go. During the previous year, Pokémon Go has tuned its ideas and it’s now even more original and addictive. This is a one-of-a-kind game.
  2. CD-Action
    Sep 17, 2016
    The best mobile game I have ever played. [09/2016, p.66]
  3. Sep 14, 2016
    Improvements and additions over time – including the Raid-style events for catching legendary Pokémon, as teased in the original trailer – as well as ongoing tweaks to fundamental systems stand to improve Pokémon Go as a game, but the quality (and novelty) of the experience of playing, particularly as part of a group, is already there. Go could still one day be the legendary game its immense potential hints at.