8.3

1. Jan 20, 2023
    A truly memorable experience. I finished the game in about 12 hours. The progression starts slowly with easy and interesting puzzles. Until the last chapter, where it really pays off and the story is so unexpectedly deep that I couldn't hold back my tears toward the end. Despite the repetitive combat mechanics, this game kept me going with its beautiful pixel art and mesmerizing music. InA truly memorable experience. I finished the game in about 12 hours. The progression starts slowly with easy and interesting puzzles. Until the last chapter, where it really pays off and the story is so unexpectedly deep that I couldn't hold back my tears toward the end. Despite the repetitive combat mechanics, this game kept me going with its beautiful pixel art and mesmerizing music. In the end, A Space For The Unbound is the kind of game I will never forget. Expand
  2. Jan 26, 2023
    A great pixel art game with relaxing music and visual. It really drew me back to 90s era. Love it for every single moment of this game
  3. GVB
    Jan 26, 2023
    Art-10
    Music - 10
    Tenderness - 10
    Script and narrative... 7? The last two chapters are the weakest and instead of taking risks they lead to something that we have already seen told on other occasions (with, for me, a pretty weak ending). Luckily, everything else keeps you going, with the occasional tear along the way.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

A Space for the Unbound is a narrative adventure about issues as important as they are difficult to deal with, but it does so with extreme tact and elegance through a particularly apt allegory. Despite some flaws in the gameplay mechanics, rather repetitive towards the end of the game, the story of Atma and Raya is one worth experiencing.
  2. Jan 27, 2023
    While A Space for the Unbound has a sweet and nostalgic playfeel, its deeper themes are heavier. The dragging storyline and lack of challenge in its puzzles can sometimes make it feel too long for its own good, but in the end it all comes together with a shocking reveal.
  3. Jan 27, 2023
    A Space for the Unbound gently reminds us of the value and importance of human connection through our words with dream-like, mindful storytelling.