6.8

1. Dec 5, 2018
    What assassins in ancient Egypt, uh, f* Ubisoft ? What assassins in ancient Egypt, uh, f* Ubisoft ?
  2. Nov 1, 2017
    I liked what i played, but I don't think a game which can't be played without risking your computer with well above the minimum requirements is worthy more than a 1 score.
    And people who has good computers should not forgive them this fact.
  3. Nov 3, 2017
    Essentially, the game is a nerfed down version of assassins creed brotherhood. they removed every good thing i liked about the assassins creed games. that includes dual hidden blades, assassin recruits, simplicity of gear, limited but rewarding missions, emphasis on stealth and above all combat system. i am not even sure to buy an assassin creed game in the future. very disappointed.
  4. Nov 2, 2017
    1) Plenty of bugs and other technical issues 2) Uses a bad version of Devuno DRM which takes 40% of CPU usage and causes performance issues !! 3) Combat is boring with annoying RPG elements and weird enemy AI behavior 4) Does a really bad job introducing the ancient history of Egypt it's like watching a B-movie. PS: MOST METACRITIC USERS THAT GIVE 10 SCORES AROUND HERE ARE UBISOFT SHILLS1) Plenty of bugs and other technical issues 2) Uses a bad version of Devuno DRM which takes 40% of CPU usage and causes performance issues !! 3) Combat is boring with annoying RPG elements and weird enemy AI behavior 4) Does a really bad job introducing the ancient history of Egypt it's like watching a B-movie. PS: MOST METACRITIC USERS THAT GIVE 10 SCORES AROUND HERE ARE UBISOFT SHILLS THEY CREATE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS JUST TO SUPPORT THEIR COMPANY !! Since they use dirty tactics i decided to give a 0 score to counter their 10. Expand
  5. Nov 1, 2017
    I started an account only to write this - PC performance is terrible. You have i5? Expect FPS drops like crazy. Because of Denuvo + VMProtect used on this game you need a beast of a CPU to handle this. Up to this point there is silence from UBI on the matter of performance. DRM protections won't probably get taken out of the game so... 0. You have a i5 - dont buy this game!
  6. Oct 31, 2017
    Two DRM layers ( 3 with uplay ) and killing that game performance, so not caring about the customer. Well, whatever is the game itself seem great, that's just a no no.
  7. Nov 5, 2017
    well .... you know .... If this game where made by some one else with less budget ... I would say its ok .. & of course it looks great... But... When you have such a great example like CD Project Red ... With Witcher series ...Ubi makes me cry ...especially when we consider the potential power of this company ... 5/10 ....
  8. Oct 30, 2017
    ubisoft payed/programmed a lot of fake reviewers and metacritic puts them into pole position... Nice teamwork. All the 10 reviews are from fake accounts with 1-2 reviews. How can you give a score to xbox, ps and pc, too? You have all those consols and played through the game on each?
    metacritic is officially dead. Go over to Steam reviews, they're a lot more reliable. If I get banned for this review the better it is.
  9. Oct 31, 2017
    We have deal with horrible performance due to drm, first on steam, then, uplay, then Denison and then VMware, running a virtual windows environment so the game can’t be pirated. Guess what Ubisoft. We bought this game and don’t deserve to be treated like thieves!!!
  10. Oct 27, 2017
    ААА? Графика, анимации, боевая система, ролевая система - дно пробито! Пустой и унылый открытый мир,забагованно просто невообразимо абсолютно все, и как вишенка на торте микротранзакции лутбоксы и прочее дерьмо -1/10
  11. Jan 24, 2018
    Is very bad game.. Mission is not different ;/, A.I is broken, but graphics in HDR is very cool.
  12. Dec 10, 2017
    I've been playing this game for 10 hours now and I say that I am not impressed. It's a gorgeous looking game, but it's only a facade. It's an empty shell of pointless fetch quests with really bad game mechanics. It's a big world and very beautiful to look at, but omg it's so boooring. The story is uninteresting and the main character is poorly written and the acting is really bad. For anI've been playing this game for 10 hours now and I say that I am not impressed. It's a gorgeous looking game, but it's only a facade. It's an empty shell of pointless fetch quests with really bad game mechanics. It's a big world and very beautiful to look at, but omg it's so boooring. The story is uninteresting and the main character is poorly written and the acting is really bad. For an outsider like me, I just don't understand the appeal of this game. Why so many fans like this crap? There are much better open world games with interesting characters, good gameplay and good stories. This is not it! I give it 4 points cause the world design is really something to admire and for the nice water effects. Thats it for me. I am out! Expand
  13. Dec 15, 2017
    MY GOD, PLEASE FIX THE PERFORMANCE, REMOVE THE DRM, I am not enjoying it anymore, seriously i am not a pirate anymore, but why you have to sacrifice our comfortable playing this game just to avoid the bunch of crackers, this is really anti customer move
  14. Jan 20, 2018
    Awesome world.
    Story implemented was very poor, very poor writing.
    Lacks interesting protagonist and enemies
    Meaningless contents. more quantity over quality
    NPC and enemies are emotionless dummies, bad AI
  15. Apr 26, 2018
    Let me start by saying I am a big AC fan you have no idea and I played every AC game out there except the 2D ones.

I can tell you this is not an AC game. The design and feel of the game is totally different. It simply a whole new game with an AC skin and name. Even if it didn't have the AC name I would still think its a bad game. Why bother play this game when there is a Witcher 3

Why bother play this game when there is a Witcher 3 game that is a galaxy far far away from this garbage. They tried so had to make the world as big as possible without putting time in other important stuff like story and other stuff that made AC an AC game.

The story is bad with too many tailing missions. The performance is so damn bad and the worst thing of this game on even the high end PCs. All in all AC is totally dead to me after AC-Syndicate which was an awesome game which was very underrated by many and many did not even give it a chance.

Let me tell you something you damn Ubisoft. There was nothing wrong with the previous ACs because each one was getting better and better. The only downside is that they lacked the content off side missions and a bit smarter Ai. And in the end they were all better than this.
  16. Feb 12, 2018
    It's a badly made glitch fest, don't waste your money. It's a very boring game, the controls are terrible and the combat just feels clunky. Won't ever play it again, that's for sure! One hour of that dross is enough for me.
  17. Apr 18, 2018
    Almost everything bad about this game. I'll start with map, because many ppl says it's strong part of this game. Well it's not, map is big yes, but it's empty - 2 of 3 parts of map is only deserts and seas and the remaining part are small cities and all of them are the same. Other negative in AC: Origins is fighting system - it's so unrealistic that it makes me laugh sometimes - constantAlmost everything bad about this game. I'll start with map, because many ppl says it's strong part of this game. Well it's not, map is big yes, but it's empty - 2 of 3 parts of map is only deserts and seas and the remaining part are small cities and all of them are the same. Other negative in AC: Origins is fighting system - it's so unrealistic that it makes me laugh sometimes - constant dodging like this in a sand , it's like Bayek is on the ice, not on the solid ground, button mashing system to kill somebody.

Boring story, repetitive side quests, and you are forced to do them in order to rise your level up, so you could proceed to your main story. And those side quests are pretty much the same - clear bandit camps or gather some materials, that's it.

Since the story ended in AC III with Desmond Miles, AC franchise is pretty much dead. (The Black Flag was good game without a doubt, but it was more like a pirate game, not really about Assassins vs The Order based game). In AC: Origins there are no more conspiracy theories, like it was in first AC games that was main momentum of this franchise, all we have left is unimmersive, repetitive, grinding bs with Assassin's Creed brand on it.
  18. Mar 26, 2018
    Самая худшая часть игры! Что бы пройти сюжет тебе надо пройти скучные обосранные дополнительные миссии. Видимо разработчики поняли, что игроки огромный болт клали на дополнительные миссии и сделали их обязательными. О да, всегда мечтал отнести труп кому-то!Самая худшая часть игры! Что бы пройти сюжет тебе надо пройти скучные обосранные дополнительные миссии. Видимо разработчики поняли, что игроки огромный болт клали на дополнительные миссии и сделали их обязательными. О да, всегда мечтал отнести труп кому-то!
  19. Feb 3, 2019
    Yubisoft this is the company that produces **** It's time for them to close and not to create these boring games.
  20. Sep 24, 2019
    The gameplay loop is kind of fun, though it's awfully superficial and repetitive. There's too much on the map, including totally unnecessary repeatable quests. The mediocre gameplay systems might be enough to carry a great story, but the story is the worst aspect of the game. It's incomprehensible, the dialogue is generally awful, and I don't care in the slightest about what's going on.The gameplay loop is kind of fun, though it's awfully superficial and repetitive. There's too much on the map, including totally unnecessary repeatable quests. The mediocre gameplay systems might be enough to carry a great story, but the story is the worst aspect of the game. It's incomprehensible, the dialogue is generally awful, and I don't care in the slightest about what's going on. It's a shame because there is a lot of inherent mystery and adventure in the setting of ancient Egypt, but it's not taken advantage of in the slightest. It feels like a generic revenge story that could be told in any setting and in any era. Expand
  21. Mar 30, 2018
    Beautiful game, BORING world, ZERO detail, side quest farm and so on. If you want to play a real open world game rich with story and details then kingdom come deliverance is much much much better.
  22. Dec 7, 2017
    Awfull PC perfomance even with i5 6600k (4.6Ghz) and GTX 1060 6gb!!! You have i5? Expect FPS drops like crazy. Because of Denuvo + VMProtect used on this game you need a beast of a CPU to handle this. Up to this point there is silence from UBI on the matter of performance.
  23. Jan 29, 2018
    Everyone likes different games, but for me this is too linear and the missions are all the same (go to point a and kill a bunch of people). It looks fantastic and the sheer scale, historical detail, etc., is stunning, but the “story” is utterly awful; *much* less engaging and varied than Syndicate. I disliked the lack of stealth (not my idea of being an Assassin) particularly, but mostlyEveryone likes different games, but for me this is too linear and the missions are all the same (go to point a and kill a bunch of people). It looks fantastic and the sheer scale, historical detail, etc., is stunning, but the “story” is utterly awful; *much* less engaging and varied than Syndicate. I disliked the lack of stealth (not my idea of being an Assassin) particularly, but mostly it was the repetition that got to me. I bought the Hidden Ones, hoping it would add some variety but it’s just (way) more of the same. Expand
  24. Jul 16, 2020
    Maybe I'd have appreciated AC Origins more if I hadn't played AC Odyssey first. They have essentially the same plot and the same gameplay mechanics, but Odyssey is slicker in every respect: the graphics are better, there are far fewer glitches and the combat is more fun (the Spartan kick is one of the greatest moves ever in video games). I also got a higher frame rate in Odyssey despiteMaybe I'd have appreciated AC Origins more if I hadn't played AC Odyssey first. They have essentially the same plot and the same gameplay mechanics, but Odyssey is slicker in every respect: the graphics are better, there are far fewer glitches and the combat is more fun (the Spartan kick is one of the greatest moves ever in video games). I also got a higher frame rate in Odyssey despite its better graphics. Odyssey offers a beautiful vision of ancient Greece, compared to which the ancient Egypt of Origins looks drab.

I think they should've set the game during the New Kingdom (1549–1069 BC) when Egypt was at the height of its power, rather than in the twilight period of 1st century BC. Ancient Egypt had a very distinctive, highly refined visual and architectural style, but the Egypt of Origins is quite boring-looking most of the time. The great potential of Egypt as a setting for a game is wasted in Origins.

Bayek is an okay but not great player chacacter, but his wife was superfluous and shouldn't have been in the game, in my opinion. Overall, Origins is a disappointing experience.
  25. May 2, 2020
    boring side quests, repetitive activities, awkward combat, sparse world with repetitive chatter.
  26. May 6, 2020
    Ассассины умерли. Это уже не игра про Ассассинов, а просто демонстрация графона, дальности прорисовки и все. Из Научной Фантастике в стиле Stealth-Action они сделали просто красивую Фентези Игру. Насмотрелись на Wither 3 и Skyrim, захотели сделать аналогичную игру. Ну назвали бы ее как-то иначе да и все. Нет же, назвали Assassins Creed, ибо хочется как можно больше бабла. А на фанАссассины умерли. Это уже не игра про Ассассинов, а просто демонстрация графона, дальности прорисовки и все. Из Научной Фантастике в стиле Stealth-Action они сделали просто красивую Фентези Игру. Насмотрелись на Wither 3 и Skyrim, захотели сделать аналогичную игру. Ну назвали бы ее как-то иначе да и все. Нет же, назвали Assassins Creed, ибо хочется как можно больше бабла. А на фан комьюнити плевать. Ассассина и не пахнет. Ubisoft, пожалуйста, перестаньте левую игру которую вы делаете называть Assassins Creed! Expand
  27. Nov 2, 2017
    Дальнейшая деградация серии - про все более убогий сюжет и унылых персонажей можно даже не вспоминать, как и про техническую отсталость - анимация 2008 года мать ее, это все сопутствующее конвейерного производства имени ubisoft, но зачем было ломать то что худо бедно работало - зачем было лепить из ассасина недо рпг, лавры Ведьмака покоя не дают, так все равно он для вас недосягаем.Дальнейшая деградация серии - про все более убогий сюжет и унылых персонажей можно даже не вспоминать, как и про техническую отсталость - анимация 2008 года мать ее, это все сопутствующее конвейерного производства имени ubisoft, но зачем было ломать то что худо бедно работало - зачем было лепить из ассасина недо рпг, лавры Ведьмака покоя не дают, так все равно он для вас недосягаем. Убогая боевка - с циферками XP вылетающими при ударе - и это в ассасине то, я своим глазам не поверил, когда увидел, плюс прокачка - с настойчивыми предложениями задонатить - чтобы лучше качалось - в топку это дерьмо, если нужна РПГ - я буду в РПГ играть, а не в этот шлак. Expand
  28. Dec 14, 2017
    Meu voto é 1 porque o jogo é muito mal otimizado para PC e a qualidade minima é horrível! a Ubisoft deveria se importar mais com os jogadores do PC.
  29. Jun 25, 2019
    Forces you to do fetch-sidequests in order to proceed with the main story due to the level cap. What a waste of time and money.
  30. Nov 11, 2017
    Take a 0 Because the game does not offer a good performance for having two protections VMProtect and denuvo what puts the cpu to 100% I think I have wasted my money in this game
  31. Nov 3, 2017
    A terrible pc port, huge fps drops and erratic CPU usage. Ubisoft can live in denial regarding its anti-piracy methods but it's quite obvious what is causing the issue. Paying consumers are being affected by this which is inexcusable.
  32. Nov 2, 2017
    Here it is folks the next title in Ubisoft's saga of "Let's see how many bugs can we get away with". Come one and all to see faceless mannequins, crocodiles that walk like men and many many other wonders of nature
  33. Nov 2, 2017
    *This review can only be unlocked by buying Micro transactions*

*Thank you for buying our Micro transactions review now unlocked*

Don't buy this game, only buy if you support shallow open world gameplay that we have seen many times before, items behind paywalls and bad performance. So if you do buy this game you are technically an enemy since your money is helping cripple this industry.
  34. Nov 3, 2017
    Faked scores. Bye Ubi. And DRM system is worst choice you ever made. And telling it wont affect performance is a big damn lie. It is affecting. I know and I scan my PC for my resources, you know jack about my pc, so do not tell me how my pc handle this
  35. Nov 3, 2017
    First of all, the pros:
    - the game itself is very good. The world is quite beautiful, the revamped combat system is better than in previous AC games, and the main character is likeable, plus the huge step toward RPG is nice.
    Unfortunately, that doesn't mean this is a game worth your money, because... The cons: - on PC, this game is nigh unplayable. Whether it's just a terrible
    First of all, the pros:
    Unfortunately, that doesn't mean this is a game worth your money, because...

The cons:
    - on PC, this game is nigh unplayable. Whether it's just a terrible optimization or the crazy DRM messing up the performance, be prepared for random stutters and fps drops to single digits regardless of your hardware or graphic settings. Moreover, the 100% CPU usage can cut down the lifetime of your CPU substantially and lead to BSOD and general system unstability. At present, this game is a credible threat to your hardware, avoid it.

In closing, if you're thinking about buying this, don't. Wait until Ubisoft patches this thing A LOT or buy it on consoles, where it's mostly fine.
  36. Nov 2, 2017
    Game Uses 100% of CPU even on i7 overclocked , i think it has some coin minner built into game and optimisation in very bad for AMD gpus even for Rx vega untill ubisoft fix the issues it's a 0 from me
  37. Nov 15, 2017
    First off, thumbs down for tanking performance due to your DRM layers, second this game has NOTHING to do with the saga. I just can't believe the phoney consensus on it, nor can I accept to see benighted people assert that Origins is better than Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood... Ubisoft just destroyed the whole lore of Assassin's Creed just to attract new people utterly unfamiliar withFirst off, thumbs down for tanking performance due to your DRM layers, second this game has NOTHING to do with the saga. I just can't believe the phoney consensus on it, nor can I accept to see benighted people assert that Origins is better than Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood... Ubisoft just destroyed the whole lore of Assassin's Creed just to attract new people utterly unfamiliar with the saga's values. They removed all the things that made previous titles like AC2 and Brotherhood so good : no dual hidden blades, no recruits, they got rid of historical memories and real side quests that are yet so important in every self-respecting AC. Ancient combat has been replaced with a lore-unfriendly RPG-based system which was clearly not needed in order to bring more challenge. Freerun is half-baked. Messing up with everything is not what I call a return to the roots. I've been waiting four years for a game that feels like it's not even part of the series I have known for ten years, what a disgrace.

Then it's a NO Ashraf Ismail, your vision is off the beam on too many points. Most people seem to have forgotten what a true Assassin's Creed is about, makes me weep as to the future of this saga since I don't want to see that direction being pushed further for the next game. Once more, Ubi proved themselves capable of missing the boat even after taking a year off. A good game, but a poor Assassin's Creed.

P.S : At first I was set to give this game a 6/10 on behalf of the exceptional reconstitution of ancient Egypt, but I decided to mollify it when I saw that most of the positive reviews given here were mere shams just aimed at promoting the game. So instead of a 6, you get a 0.
  38. Nov 2, 2017
    The game simply does not meet the expectations that really promised, I hope that during the development time, they would be more annoyed to improve it in the PC version, but it just goes like **** on my PC the BF1 walks in 4K Ultra Settings 40-60fps but this just barely goes at 30fps with stability issues
  39. Nov 4, 2017
    One of the biggest garbage plays of the year

I have had all Assassins Creed plays and could always find fun in it. But here this is the biggest snot. One has gone away so much from the original play it simply hurts. Except good graphics are here everything for the tonne. This would be, e. g. , the incredibly bad fight system, the lost Assassins Creed feeling, insignificant Quests, a
    One of the biggest garbage plays of the year

This would be, e. g. , the incredibly bad fight system, the lost Assassins Creed feeling, insignificant Quests, a too big world and the long time motivation is not there also any more.
  40. Nov 4, 2017
    Игру выпустили недоделанную и забагованную. ИИ отвратительный, одни из самых тупых ботов которые я всиречал. Элементы мморпг только портят игру. Про отсталую графику можно и не говорить. Данная игра делалась не для фанатов, а для кошельков разработчиков и издателей. В наглую тычат в лицо донатом.Игру выпустили недоделанную и забагованную. ИИ отвратительный, одни из самых тупых ботов которые я всиречал. Элементы мморпг только портят игру. Про отсталую графику можно и не говорить. Данная игра делалась не для фанатов, а для кошельков разработчиков и издателей. В наглую тычат в лицо донатом.
  41. Nov 5, 2017
    Disgusting practices by Ubisoft. Basically second EA. because of Ubisoft's behaviour I will make sure I will not ever play any of their games again. enough is enough. Ubisoft and EA destroyed something I loved. They destroyed gaming in the name of their sole interests. They do everything against players, they do not love gaming, they only love money.
  42. Nov 2, 2017
    Ну что ж. Игра всё такая же, как и прошлые части, забагованное отродье небезызвестной компании Ubisoft. Графика может и стала лучше, но не для конца 2017 года уж точно. Из запоминающихся персонажей выделить можно только парочку и главный герой в эту парочку точно не входит. Не верьте этой куче накрученных отзывов.Ну что ж. Игра всё такая же, как и прошлые части, забагованное отродье небезызвестной компании Ubisoft. Графика может и стала лучше, но не для конца 2017 года уж точно. Из запоминающихся персонажей выделить можно только парочку и главный герой в эту парочку точно не входит. Не верьте этой куче накрученных отзывов.
  43. Nov 6, 2017
    DRM layer killing performance. I don't have the best cpu (6700k o/c+msi 1080 Lighting), but something wrong here. Game freezing out of the box. Unplayable. I see all around web, Origin scores such as 10/10.. Payed by Ubi to promote? I knew IGN get's deep pockets by class A companies to promote junks,but Metacritic jumped into honey pot too? Such a shame..
  44. Nov 6, 2017
    Love how it comes with two DRM bits of software, wont run cleanly at all, thanks!
    Microtransactions, grindy and its just iconically ubisoft in everyway.
  45. Nov 6, 2017
    Not taking into an account bad graphics and animation, empty characters and stupid storytelling, its just an unfinished raw peace mockingly outraged original series, awfully borrowing gameplay from FarCry, Witcher and Horizon with the stupidest combat system EVER: if your foe two levels higher than you, you die with 1 strike. Very unbalanced grinder.
  46. Nov 20, 2017
    1. DRM that kills and butchers the processor.
    2. REALLY beautiful. But this is about it with the positives.
    3. The world feels like an EMPTY movie set. No way to interact with it or feel part of it. 4. Grind. Grind. Grind. Feels like MMO grind for resources and RNG loot drops. 5. Microtransactions fuelled by the need to skip GRIND. 6. No INTERACTIVE conversations, nothing that really
    1. DRM that kills and butchers the processor.
    2. REALLY beautiful. But this is about it with the positives.
    4. Grind. Grind. Grind. Feels like MMO grind for resources and RNG loot drops.
    5. Microtransactions fuelled by the need to skip GRIND.
    6. No INTERACTIVE conversations, nothing that really makes me invested.
    7. Combat is sluggish and poorly executed. The controls for combat are bad, the target lock system is bad. The moves, dodges and parry don't flow like they should. It just borrows from Witcher, Dark Souls, Batman and kept some from old AC games. But it is just not satisfying at all.
    8. The level system also makes it so that either u breeze through fights not caring and get hit 20 times without dying, or get 2 shot by harder enemies. This is unless u are almost EXACTLY at your own level.
    9. Aiming with bow u can tell that it is controller adapted. When I move my mouse a tiny micrometer, the zoomed sight ingame jumps a few pixels instead of one pixel as in any other game.
    10. It lost that driving Assassin's Creed style narrative, especially like in AC 2 + expansions.
    11. Want to have some random encounters, random stuff happening when travelling this ENORMOUS map? How about.. hmm.. 3 man horse soldier caravans carrying metal/wood/money? How about having the same caravanas COPY PASTED ACROSS THE WHOLE ENORMOUS OPEN WORLD WITH NO OTHER VARIATION AT ALL??

12. Assassin's Creed: Far Cry - literally just started doing the same open world stuff like Far Cry. Just.. no.... not another base to take over... except in this u have a mission to go in, kill commander and steal the treasure chest. So u kill leader, take treasure chest (get rng low quality loot, cuz plz buy legendary in store) and leave.. Only to have the whole base still run by enemy and soldiers respawn after some time. This time u have no effect at all on the map!

Jesus, I could do this all day long, but this game is not worth any more of my time. Great great graphics, they could just use this in grade school history classes for kids to look at an interpretation of old Egypt. But as a game it is just so hollow..
  47. Nov 18, 2017
    DRM + VMPROTECT, i oc'ed my cpu to 4.8ghz and still not letting my **** gpu to get above 50% usage not , i play all games at ultra 60fps+ except this **** it's im emulating the console **** version 24 to 28 to 18 fps inside the **** cities , the game graphics isn't that impressive that it taking this much resources, ubisfot have the **** balls and come to tell me the performance problemsDRM + VMPROTECT, i oc'ed my cpu to 4.8ghz and still not letting my **** gpu to get above 50% usage not , i play all games at ultra 60fps+ except this **** it's im emulating the console **** version 24 to 28 to 18 fps inside the **** cities , the game graphics isn't that impressive that it taking this much resources, ubisfot have the **** balls and come to tell me the performance problems is not because of vmprotect, well it's either that or the game is not optimized properly in the pc , or both
    i'll go with vmprotect hence the name, running the game within a virtual machine, i played games within virtual machine with gpu passthrough before , in fact i just tried to play ac syndicate in linux using win10 vm with gpu passthrough, i got something kinda similar , high cpu usage and bottlenecking my gpu
    if you thought denuvo was bad locking you out of your game when you change hardware
    check denuvo+vmprotect , now i have to get ****ty performance so someone that was never going or will able to buy it cannot play for free, which eventually will be pirated and get that **** removed and pirates will get the better version of the game, good **** job ubisoft
    non-intrusive drm my ass , this **** gone too far
    so **** you ubisoft, and now for the game review
    bad facial animations , the game has little to no story, the characters are boring, the conversations are written by 5years old, the combat system is unfinished and clunky, no head or body part cutting ( missed opportunity because the sound of hitting is great ), stealing from zelda and the witcher and failing to see why those game were successful, the future day in origins is a joke, this game is more of spinoff than ac game, nothing in this game is about assassin's creed, this is a backward step for the series, ii remember AC1 from the get go put you in the plot and make you feel like an assassin , and ac black flag, which might have the best story and character in the ac series so far, i enjoyed black flag like no other ac because of the strong story it has , it made me look forward to more ac , only to be dissapointed by unity than this , ubi really dropped the balls in origins , the only good thing in this game is the world , this game have maybe the biggest and most beautiful map in a game to date
    gaming industry got whole lot ****tier in 2017, lootboxes, microtransactions , the push toward online
    **** triple AAA publishers like EA and ubisoft and activision
    and if the upcoming games like far cry 5 will have this ****ed combination of multiple drm with vmprotect on top, im never ever buying anything from ubisoft i will not even bother downloading the pirated version , this performance breaking drms get on my **** nerves and im not going to play something like that again
    0/10 #****ubisoft
  48. Mar 30, 2018
    Coming from Kingdome come deliverance to this is such a huge letdown. Origins is a candy eye beautiful game with the sweet graphic but boring world with ZERO detail. The side quest farming just to advance in main story is such just too boring. Wait for sale or pirate this game
  49. Mar 29, 2018
    Boring game , garbage franchise, cmon game devs think up something new this is old and haggered
  50. Nov 5, 2017
    Что плохо: оптимизация, квесты, сюжет, микротранзакции. В общем плохо все, кроме пейзажей древнего Египта. Поэтому 2 бала, а не 1.
  51. Jun 24, 2019
    "Inspired by historical events and characters, this work of fiction was designed, developed, and produced by a mulicultural team of various beliefs, sexual orientations and gender identities."
    This is sick.
  52. Apr 19, 2019
    Unbelievably bad performance even with all options turned to minimum on a PC that meets the Recommended specs. Looking for solutions, I found a bunch of people with even better hardware with the same complaint. Apparently 40-60FPS is the best you can hope for with this game.
  53. Jul 24, 2019
    I've been an Assassin's Creed fan ever since the first game was released, but Origins is just painfully bad. There's a lot I could write here, but that has most likely already been written by others, so I'll sum it up by saying that this game tries its very hardest to waste the player's (your) time as much as humanly possible. The open world "activities" are mundane, generic andI've been an Assassin's Creed fan ever since the first game was released, but Origins is just painfully bad. There's a lot I could write here, but that has most likely already been written by others, so I'll sum it up by saying that this game tries its very hardest to waste the player's (your) time as much as humanly possible. The open world "activities" are mundane, generic and forgettable on a level I genuinely have never experienced before in a video game. The main story with its paper-thin and inconsistent characters is gated behind the need to level through the myriads of mindnumbingly boring side quests. And literally all the quest stories that start out with potential (and there are quite a few of that, sadly) end up being either weirdly short / abruptly ending or just turn into another one of the hundreds of fetch quests after all.

I have wasted almost 25 hours on this piece of (admittedly in terms of world design very beautifully crafted) garbage, wanting to give it a fair chance and hoping for it to finally become more interesting, more exciting.. or you know, just fun to play. But it never did, and the opinion I had of it after 4-5 hours of playtime has only become much worse since then. It is an insult to everyone who values their time even only a little and it genuinely astounds me how this game was ever able to receive so much positive feedback. It's a mess.
  54. Oct 27, 2018
    After 30 minutes I turned the game off and got my refund from Steam. The performance is unacceptable. I have a 7700k with a GTX 1080 and the screen is constantly tearing and the fps dips are frequent. Additionally, my CPU is constantly running at 100% at very warm temperatures.

To put into perspective, I have over 100 games on Steam. Many are modern AAA titles. I can run almost ALL of my games at 4k and nearly constant 60fps at high settings. I play AC: Origins at 1080p and it still runs hot at 100% and has frequent fps dips.
  55. Nov 24, 2018
    Assassins Creed Origins is not really a Assassins Creed, it's a open world sandbox game like Far Cry 5 or Borderlands in a egypt world with very little assassins stuff, since there is no assassins creed brotherhood yet.

This is not necessarily bad, but it's an entirely different game. We traded animus walls against enemy soft walls which kill you simply if you go to a higher terrioty

This is not necessarily bad, but it's an entirely different game.
    Its not possible to play this game (main story) with stupid grind leveling or buying ubisofts booster crap.

Bad (mostly due to open world mechanic):
    - Weak storytelling
    - lots of grinding **** and placeholder side quests, only few are good
    - almost no assassin stuff in there
    - outposts wear out fast, go in, kill 1-3 leaders, next
    - ridiculously weak assassination damage, if the target is not your level

Good:
    - graphics
    - fluid performance (v1.5.1)
  56. Nov 6, 2017
    scripted. there is a system in the game that when you die somebody can have a mission to avenge you... and it strange but sometime it feels like the game force you to die.
  57. Nov 17, 2017
    There are great ideas, it has beautiful scenarios but the DRM and micropayments are the worst thing in current videogames. I want full games for a single payment.
  58. Nov 11, 2017
    Uma jogo que tem problemas de otimização com placas AMD, faz de forma criminosa o uso do CPU em 100% desnecessariamente e possui CRASH's a cada 5, 10 minutos não pode receber uma nota que condiz com a qualidade da história e jogabilidade de Origins. Quando a Ubisoft querer resolver tudo isso de forma eficaz e rápida, talvez eu mude sua nota!
  59. Nov 2, 2017
    Эта игра доказала, что игра может лагать как на ПК, так и на консолях, эта игра доказала что игре не нужны красивые текстуры, эта игра доказала, что в игре не нужен хороший сюжет... отвратная боевка, плохой сюжет - это Assassin's Creed: Origins.Эта игра доказала, что игра может лагать как на ПК, так и на консолях, эта игра доказала что игре не нужны красивые текстуры, эта игра доказала, что в игре не нужен хороший сюжет... отвратная боевка, плохой сюжет - это Assassin's Creed: Origins.
  60. Nov 6, 2017
    [Synopsis] - Do you remember Assassin's Creed Unity - broken as hell, bugs and glitches as far as the eye can see, released in alpha-stage of development, terrible optimisation and totally unplayable even now for most people. Remember that? Well, Assassin's Creed Origins is the same thing but set in Egypt.

I want to make it clear, although I used to be a massive Assassin's Creed fan, I did NOT buy this game, it came free with a GPU (video card) I purchased, and I would NOT have bought the game because... Ubi$oft! I loved and adored the first 4 AC games (AC and the Ezio trilogy), also Black Flag too, but then things went downhill fast and they continue to go downhill with Assassin's Creed Origins.

[Rant] - Why on earth so many idiots keep throwing money at Ubi$oft for these broken, glitchy, overpriced turds completely boggles my mind, it makes Zero sense! Ubi$oft can (when they want to) make some really great games that are amazing to play, but people keep throwing money at them with idiotic pre-orders, microtransactions and $100+ special/collectors editions, so the company has no incentive to finish a game properly or make it as good as they could. Why would they? If they've made all of their money back in pre-orders and a huge profit months before the game is even finished, why would they continue to work hard and spend more money finishing it properly, they've already made a profit to keep the CEOs' and investors happy, so why spend more money completing the game when they can save hundreds of thousands of dollars by just shipping a game 70% finished and maybe touch it up later with a patch or two when people complain that it's broken.
    But, by that point, they've made even more money from normal sales, DLC and microtransactions, so they again have no real incentive to fix all of the issues, if people keep buying things you make no matter how broken and sh**ty they are, and it makes you huge profits why would you stop selling it, why would spend more time, effort and money making it better when people buy any old sh*t you give them.
    For the love of everything holy... UBI$OFT ARE A BUSINESS! They only care about making money, profit margins and stock prices, not making a great video game or being friends with the customers, the developers might care but the company itself does not care, they exist to make as much money as possible from as little investments as possible, that's the definition of a business, and yet so many f***ing morons keep emptying their wallets year after year, to get bent over and shafted with no lube over and over and over by Ubi$oft. It's insane!

[Gameplay] - I can't comment because the heap of sh*t game crashes every few minutes, and not just for me, most people on my friends list are experiencing the same issues. 4 of which have filed for a refund.

[Performance] - Well, it's what you would expect from a half-finished, unoptimised, buggy Ubi$oft game with 3 layers of f**king DRM! (Denovo, VMProtect and UPlay)

System specs:
    i7 4930k (6c 12t) @4.6GHz
    16GB RAM @2133MHz
    2x 980Ti 2-way SLI @1540MHz
    Game, drivers and OS installed on SSDs', all drivers up to date
    2560x1440p resolution

Default max settings at 1440p (AA disabled):
    Average framerate, below 60fps and constant dips below 30fps! It's a f**king turd of a game, plain and simple! My rig is not the newest or most powerful but it's still very capable of running every game above 60fps at 1440p max settings, and 90% of games at 4k 60fps with a few settings turned down from max. Yet, ACO runs like a 3 legged donkey... that has two of its three remaining legs broken!
    Below 30fps is unacceptable and in my opinion unplayable!

[TL;DR] - The game is a turd, it's broken, unfinished, buggy, unoptimised, hobbled by 3 layers of DRM (Denovo, VMProtect and UPlay) and crashes every few minutes. it's what we've come to expect from Ubi$oft... an overpriced broken unfinished cash grab. But, thousands of morons will continue to fanboy and ignore the issues, then throw even more money at Ubi$oft, so don't expect them to release a properly finished and polished game anytime soon.

I received this game for free and yet I still feel cheated and ripped off.
  61. Dec 28, 2017
    Micropayments, waste 10+ hours grinding or pay real money. Do not buy these kind of games to let them die
  62. Nov 17, 2017
    1. Graphically, the game is a huge step backwards. Nowhere near as pretty as Untiy.
    2. Stealth. You just run up behind people and stab’em. No need to sneak or crouch or be careful.
    3. The “return” of Secret Locations. The developers said they were bringing back the Secret Locations that were introduced in AC2. The Secret Locations were indoor, linear, platforming side-quests that were a throwback to the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy. Puzzle-platforming, acrobatic fun. Here they come in the form of crawling through pyramid tunnels like the Boston or New York Underground segments from AC3... Remember how nobody liked those?
    4. Most important: The combat is stiff and boring; none of the flare of, say, AC Brotherhood. Some say it’s more difficult (which supposedly means “better”), but it’s not more difficult in a legitimate way. 99.9% of fights can be won by mashing weak-attack. If a guy has a shield, press strong-attack once, then mash weak-attack again. If you’ve got a “Health on Hit” weapon you’re guaranteed a win. If you fight 2 of the same enemy type, one level 32, the other level 12, they have all the same moves and attacks. 32 is not more skilled than 12, he just has more hit-points. The difficult isn’t based on skill, it’s based on math.
    5. This is as spoiler free as I can make it. All the grinding you do to level up through the RPG elements introduced into the franchise by this game are ultimately meaningless. Do to certain... I’ll say “circumstances,” the last mission forces you to fight the last set of enemies with much weaker weapons and tools than the ones you’ve gathered throughout the rest of the game.

This is not a return to form for the AC games... it’s just another fail.
  63. Dec 2, 2017
    I really wanted to like this game.

Pros: Fantastic graphics. One of the best looking games Ive ever seen Good historical representation of egyptian architecture of the time, very cool to see the painted temples and explore pyramids. Desert Halucinations Cons: Worst story and writing out of any AC ive ever played. Cringe inducingly bad. Bad frame rates even though I have a high
    I really wanted to like this game.

Pros:
    Fantastic graphics. One of the best looking games Ive ever seen
    Desert Halucinations

Cons:
    Worst story and writing out of any AC ive ever played. Cringe inducingly bad.
    Bad frame rates even though I have a high end graphics card
    Weird new combat system, and movement that feels sticky.
    Leveling up.
    Paid Microtransaction- I didnt buy any but it does not belong in a game of this type at all
    Distractingly bad voice acting
    Way too easy, no challenge, grindy
  64. Oct 29, 2017
    there was always this one big discusting bug that preventand me form playing one game ago but as a new weapon shines in the back of hooded boy's arsenal, this game has some glint of modern to it. get This: pirate game for baby borrowers as it's own show (made by obisoft) for own assian creed fanboyds as the company's signaturne slap-in-the-fasche "you cant' get a the game that went fromthere was always this one big discusting bug that preventand me form playing one game ago but as a new weapon shines in the back of hooded boy's arsenal, this game has some glint of modern to it. get This: pirate game for baby borrowers as it's own show (made by obisoft) for own assian creed fanboyds as the company's signaturne slap-in-the-fasche "you cant' get a the game that went from template to hatchwork with some type of play-money". but thats just my though ton the issune. help Expand
  65. Nov 5, 2017
    Ubisoft has proved again that it would always punish legit customers who opt for the PC version of their video games. ACO is by no means different but a terrible port which puts all their previous titles to shame in worst performance. 3 layers of DRM that would drain your CPU power continuously until BSOD. Whats worst Ubisoft has been paying their guys to post fake reviews on metacritic.Ubisoft has proved again that it would always punish legit customers who opt for the PC version of their video games. ACO is by no means different but a terrible port which puts all their previous titles to shame in worst performance. 3 layers of DRM that would drain your CPU power continuously until BSOD. Whats worst Ubisoft has been paying their guys to post fake reviews on metacritic. These cheap tactics should be discouraged on all platforms. Even on intel core i7 3770K 3.5 Ghz continuos stuttering and frame drops are common no matter how powerful your GPU is. Sorry Ubisoft i have lost my faith in you and learn something from CDPROJEKTRED. Time to go back to Geralt of Rivia Expand
  66. Nov 3, 2017
    This franchise has been milked dry. AC:O dont bring anything new and does good thing even worse that the last game. Ubisoft just keeps milking you with the same game.
  67. Nov 4, 2017
    The last assassin's creed I played was unity, I still believe it's the best AC graphically and now it's running fine on my 6700K+1070. ACO, as well as its predecessor syndicate, looks like a step back: illumination seems worse, crowds are much much smaller, some textures are eye-soring, only the LOD seems improved. Unfortunately, this doesnt correspond to lower hardware requirements, inThe last assassin's creed I played was unity, I still believe it's the best AC graphically and now it's running fine on my 6700K+1070. ACO, as well as its predecessor syndicate, looks like a step back: illumination seems worse, crowds are much much smaller, some textures are eye-soring, only the LOD seems improved. Unfortunately, this doesnt correspond to lower hardware requirements, in fact, I dont know if it's the 3-layered DRM or the usual UBI incompetence, but the but performance isnt acceptable. If it can hold 30fps on consoles AMD low tier notebook cpu, a 6700K with more than double the frequency and several times the IPC shouldnt be a bottleneck for a PC version

After learning the VMProtect news, I contacted amazon and requested a refund for not disclosing additional DRM on the box and a refund is on its way
  68. Jun 27, 2018
    1)Сюжет нулевой 2) баги 2)глупые квесты 3)тупые ии пробили дно 4)много микротранзакций
    Юбики леньтяи которым просто нужны деньги а последние их игры просто кал
  69. Aug 6, 2019
    Донатное говно. Как можно вставить донат в синглплеер, как КАРЛ?! Совсем уже зажрались.
  70. Nov 28, 2017
    Terrible performance on a top of the line computer, purely due to extremely high CPU usage. The new patch makes it even worse (for nearly everyone, read other user reviews). Avoid at all costs.
  71. Jun 4, 2018
    I cant begin to describe how broken my experience with this game was.
    I played for 2 hours, and I just cant.
    Every 2-5 minutes something happened that broke my experience. The first time being that the NPC I was following got stuck because a carriage was in front of him. Both the NPC and the Carriage NPC just stopped. Suddenly both of them went for another path, broking and destroying
    I cant begin to describe how broken my experience with this game was.
    I played for 2 hours, and I just cant.
    Every 2-5 minutes something happened that broke my experience.
    Both the NPC and the Carriage NPC just stopped.
    Suddenly both of them went for another path, broking and destroying every physical objetic like fences there was. Meanwhile, the NPC was saying "Lets keep a low profile"
    Dude, breaking all the fences in a 30m radius at 7km/h is not keeping a low profile

I just kept going... But the breaking point for me was that, at level 3, i was roaming around.
    I found a hostage, and freed him. I will not talk about how the hostage was constantly speaking
    BAYEK? IS THAT YOU? ... HEY, WHERE ARE YOU GOING, SAVE ME
    While i was right in front of him fighting guards.

Them, sneaking into another house, looking for the other hostages, 2 immortal flamingos spawned inside. They just stood there, 2 immortal pink tall flamingos.

Ok

Them, scanning for more hostages and killing who was on my sight with a bow, I saw 3 enemys just under me. I went for the kill.
    One of them just started burning out of nowhere, and they all tried to flee. At no avail. They got stuck trying to climb the smallest wall i have ever seen.
    I just kept attacking them while they failed to climb.

Suddenly, a interaction pops up after i killed them 3. CONFIRM KILL.
    Thought that had something to do with the NPC dying on fire (?)

It was the Pharao,
    I was supposed to fight him,
    I was level 3, i did nothing, nothing, i just killed a deer or something,
    How did i end up killing the Pharao without noticing it?
    And to top it off, the cutscene showed us fighting like it was really a BIG DEAL.
    Dude, it wasnt

This was just one example, this game is broken, not graphically (Also) but its core gameplay, level design, progression and everything i tried to do, just didnt worked.

Im extremelly frustrated
  72. Mar 22, 2018
    The game is designed using 'free-to-pay' model. Player either spend 1000 hours to farm level enough to pass level check to access STORY MISSION. Or pay additional 100$ to get to that level instantly.
  73. Mar 31, 2018
    I'm computer literate and this game wont let me play. Steam won't refund me because if you leave yourself logged into UPlay it tallies up your play hours! This is insanity. I've been a gamer for 20 years and have never been scammed by a major company like this.
  74. May 4, 2019
    Unplayable, crashes every 15min and stutters hard with fx 8350. I'd advise you to stay away from this game.
  75. Aug 23, 2018
    horrible performance with recomended systemrequirements. i73770k gtx1060 6gb 16gbram on high details. framedrops, which give you eye and brain cancer. and then that unbelievable mouse smoothing even if you turn it off (useless option, doesn't do **** you can't hit with the ranged weapon. thank god i didn't give this lying piece of **** company a single cent. **** you ubisoft get rekt.
  76. Jun 2, 2018
    After Origins and Far Cry 5 I lost all hope for Ubisoft, it is soulless AAA game making machine that's producing painfully medicore AAA games. With Far Cry 3 Ubisoft though they hit the magic formula like bethesda did with tes and fallout games, but they didn't. I hate feeling of this game engien and animation wise, also this game is so simple and easy with markers and through walls visionAfter Origins and Far Cry 5 I lost all hope for Ubisoft, it is soulless AAA game making machine that's producing painfully medicore AAA games. With Far Cry 3 Ubisoft though they hit the magic formula like bethesda did with tes and fallout games, but they didn't. I hate feeling of this game engien and animation wise, also this game is so simple and easy with markers and through walls vision and stuff like that is disgusting, they threat their players like bunch of morons. Expand
  77. Feb 24, 2020
    The story in AC Origins is entirely dull, the side-quest writing is entirely abysmal. The writing in this game is like it was done by a lame 10 year-old. And the NPC voice-acting is atrocious. The only way to possibly enjoy AC Origins is to skip all of the dialog because it's that bad.

There seems to be 1 person doing all of the non-mainstory male voice-overs, and 1 person doing all of the female VOs. The person who does all the non-mainquest NPC male voice-overs can't control their French accent, and so the voices are clearly a person with a French accent attempting an Egyptian accent, but doing a poor job of it.

The combat in Origins is supremely boring. There is nothing inspired about the writing, characters, combat... OC: Origins is generic action-adventure game #3586.

Nearly everything that made the AC games exciting and interesting is gone in Origins, and Origins doesn't replace those elements with anything appreciable. Origins is a hollow shell of a game and a betrayal of what the series used to be, and it is a complete waste of an origins story. Enough with these garbage filler games: Origins, Odyssey, and even (though not as bad) Syndicate and Unity. We need Assassin's Creed to come back. This series has fallen so very low into sub-mediocrity that everything after AC4 is going to have to be retconned to save it.
  78. Dec 14, 2019
    As a fan since the first game, this is not an assassin game. Stealth and planning is foregone for a lite version of your run-of-the-mill third person action RGP battle-mechanics. If I wanted a poor version of The Witcher III or Horizon, I'd play those games instead.

Instead of assassinations it relies heavily on damage spongy boss battles, which are a chore to grind down. Despite having some of the most shallow mechanics in the genre, it also manages to have some of the clunkiest, least intuitive controls. For example: to change weapons in a fight, you literally have to let go in the movement stick making you an easy target for your enemy.

The world is beautiful, but lacks interactivity the verticality of older titles afforded it. It's pretty but mostly just backdrop rather than a gameplay element. The game is grindy, forcing you to level up on trash mobs and super bare-bones side quests to meet main quest level requirements. The setting is enjoyable but the characters and story are rather dry and generic.

I feel the game really is a step back in every respect from the older games, even combat. For me, this kills off the Assassin's Creed franchise. I come to this franchise for variety, not more of the same but worse.

(Also, this game has Denuvo, the most anti-consumer garbage DRM out there which tanks performance and load times. It's been verified to introduce a ton of stuttering. In other words, those that pirate it have the better experience.)
  79. Feb 11, 2020
    How can such an amazing concept go so bad. Assassin's Creed are only getting worse. Bland, bland, bland. Repetitive missions. Combat getting worse and worse.
    The level system is so terrible. The story is so meaningless. The characters so unlovable...
    No redemption it seems.
  80. Jun 17, 2019
    Pros:

* New climbing / walking animations * Graphics quality is very good / world building of Egypt is excellent also * Glad they maintained the climbing trees animations that started in AC3 * Excellent water rendering * Beautiful under-water landscape - very similar to AC4 which were also excellent * Unique designs of each viewpoint * Boat travel animations * You get XP points
    Pros:

* New climbing / walking animations
    * Graphics quality is very good / world building of Egypt is excellent also
    * Glad they maintained the climbing trees animations that started in AC3
    * Excellent water rendering
    * Unique designs of each viewpoint
    * Boat travel animations
    * You get XP points for everything you do
    * Ability to toggle Bayek's hood on and off
    * Aya's rendering was very detailed and life-like, (not to mention pretty)
    * Papyrus puzzles were very enjoyable
    * Details of NPC animation activities such as pulling blocks for buildings, etc
    * Horse mechanics allowing a companion on your horse with you
    * Nice work with the lighting / sunsets
    * The sandstorms are well-done, adds immersion
    * For the berzerk sting - I love that they re-used the exact sound from AC2's poison blade (AC2 is still the best in the series)
    * I enjoyed the presence of William Miles in the present day story
    * Enjoyed the story overall - very good ending to the game culminating in the beginning of the Assassin Order and the Assassin's Creed

Cons:

* No SLI Support (this alone will always mean I won't buy the game until I can get it for next to nothing)
    * Poor combat system. Significant downgrade from most previous AC games. The new hitbox system is absolutely terrible. I miss the AC3 / 4 / Rogue combat system terribly.
    * Awful performance and it's not because of GPU limitation (I'm running (2) 1080 Ti Cards) - anytime I walk into a city area my CPU & GPU is only being used around 60-70% but there's hitching galore which indicates problems with the game engine / poor optimization of it. (I also suspect the multiple forms of DRM in the game are contributing to this). Ultimately this makes the game feel like I'm playing an alpha build of it...the performance is so terrible inside the cities that you can't even appreciate the effort that went into the detail of the world.
    * Controller UI for tool selection - was much easier in previous games.
    * DRM - Both Denuvo & VMProtect in the game which directly impact performance and do not prevent piracy.
    * Limited kill animations - I really miss the multifinishers / animation system. Not sure why they moved to a hitbox combat system - likely because they were essentially trying to copy Witcher 3 when they made this game instead of attempting to innovate while also adding good ideas from other developers (and let me clue you in here Ubisoft - the combat in Witcher 2 and 3 was the lowpoint of those games - their mature story and worldbuilding / character development were what set them apart.) Going from the enjoyable animation style combat in AC3 / 4 / Rogue and even Syndicate to a hitbox combat system is a significant downgrade. Ubisoft is so afraid to try something new and innovate that it limits them significantly. This is why their games are always going to be a B-TEAM level experience when compared to a developer like CD Projekt Red.
    * Lack of an information database
    * Poor story explanation of your targets & people - they don't really tell you who these people are or what they specifically had to do with the backstory, etc. You don't know who they are in the Egyptian gov't, etc. It's just very lacking in details.
    * Some unnecessary SJW gender-politics in the game - Ubisoft has been getting more into the gender politics BS of late. They have a couple missions where it's made very clear the entire point of the missions is to convince the player that "girls can do everything boys can", lol. There's too much of this crap in movies and games today.
    * Inconstency in the present day story - for example when Bayek sees the information from the ancient mechanisms - he doesn't react. Ezio saw things in AC2 and had a reasonable reaction to it - so that was weird.
    * Poor present-day story
    * I miss the old voice actor for William Miles from AC3 - this new guy has a flat delivery.
    * Fight with Septimius - tough to take seriously having Aya fight a dude who is 3-4x her size and better equipped. This was just more of the SJW / feminist silliness in this game's plot
    * When showing Brutus toward the end of the base game, they should have had him wearing his "Brutus Armor" from AC Brotherhood
    * A LOT of filler-content. Most locations on the map are just filler content - it's pretty, but there's so many locations that have loot / guardposts that you just have to find the treasure and kill some random target for no apparent reason that it becomes tedious, especially since there's no real reason to go in there and kill or rob these people to begin with. Literally this type of content took the game from about a standard 50-hour run to about a 100-hour run which is just artificially making the game longer with tedious side content. I'd prefer solid story / campaign content or side missions that tie in with the main story, etc. instead of collectibles
    * Clunky ship combat
  81. Jun 19, 2020
    Gameplay is cool, took series in a new direction.
    Side quests are boring and repetitive and there's too much useless content.
    Didn't give the slightest **** about the story.
    Giving it a 4 cause it was playable.
  82. Aug 18, 2018
    Played this on a 1070TI, and the graphics are just beautiful. This is truly one of the largest and most technically impressive open worlds to date. The water and lighting, and the scale are just very impressive. I enjoyed the combat - this was a great improvement over previous assassins creed games.
    The game, while enjoyable for a few hours - quickly became boring, and I had little desire to continue playing. The story was not captivating enough for me to be interested for long, and I found myself skipping the cut-scenes after a while. (I did play a total of 20 hours though - I couldn't be bothered to finish it)
    This is basically the Witcher 3 in Egypt
    It largely borrows the pathetic "investigation" mechanic from the Witcher 3 - where you investigate an area, usually a crime scene for clues - but basically execute zero intelligence or problem solving doing it; just going through the motions.
    Cut scenes were patchy - some looked great, but they seemed to get less polished as the game progressed.
    It is a truly massive game - with a large world, and lots to do. However, I would say it is certainly a case of quantity over quality.
  83. Aug 6, 2020
    It's like they made a list of all the stuff I loved about Assassin's Creed games and titled it "Stuff we need to get rid of" and another list with all the stuff I hated from previous AC games and titled it "Let's keep doing this forever". Chose to give it a chance after avoiding it for ages with the lowest of expectations and it still managed to disappoint. Awful.
  84. Jul 3, 2018
    The main story is ok but it is gated by a boring grind.
    The grind consists of following NPCs and fetch quests.
    Fear not because you can make the grind less so with micro-transactions...
  85. Aug 31, 2018
    The most generic AC game ever, with the most underwhelming narrative of the series. Mediocre.
  86. ABR
    Nov 19, 2018
    Bayek is cool, his chick is not. Story could be good, but devs ruined everything after the middle of the plot. Devs should make a good egypt game and stop hitting dead AC franchise corpse, trying to turn it into the Switcher 3.
  87. Jul 23, 2018
    Боевка говно, графон говно, Багов дохера, УЗАКОНИНОЕ ВХ В ВИДЕ ОРЛИНОГО ЗРЕНИЯ СЕРЬЕЗНО? Слишком казуально, игре не хватает челенджа все на карте подсвечено
  88. Sep 3, 2018
    Llevo jugando aproximadamente 6 horas en continuo y es uno de los juegos mas malos de toda la serie. El sistema de progreso de niveles es una estupidez. He golpeado a un soldado incauto con una martillo mas grande que una pata de elefante y ni siquiera le hecho daño, es lo mas árcade que he visto de assasins creed hasta la fecha... Pésimo juego. Ojala dejáramos de llenar los bolsillos deLlevo jugando aproximadamente 6 horas en continuo y es uno de los juegos mas malos de toda la serie. El sistema de progreso de niveles es una estupidez. He golpeado a un soldado incauto con una martillo mas grande que una pata de elefante y ni siquiera le hecho daño, es lo mas árcade que he visto de assasins creed hasta la fecha... Pésimo juego. Ojala dejáramos de llenar los bolsillos de Ubisoft de una vez por todas... Expand
  89. Apr 4, 2019
    Только за пейзажи,графику и хорошие изображение животных 3 бала.
    Плохо Denuvo,боевая система ужасна,лутбоксы,микротранзакции,основной сюжет слабый,
    квесты мало интересных,такой открытый мир вообще ненужен делать в нем нечего.
    Только за пейзажи,графику и хорошие изображение животных 3 бала.
    квесты мало интересных,такой открытый мир вообще ненужен делать в нем нечего.
  90. Jan 25, 2020
    Entediante.

Ainda tento descobrir qual o objetivo de Ubisoft com esse jogo. Um RPG que tem uma historia fraca, sem profundidade, com personagens sem carisma e motivações simplistas. As SideQuests, assim como as missões principais, são repetitivas e sem criatividade. Os gráficos são medíocres - mesmo a noite, a física é padrão ubisoft e o jogo é mal otimizado - como de costume,
    Entediante.

Os gráficos são medíocres - mesmo a noite, a física é padrão ubisoft e o jogo é mal otimizado - como de costume, pedindo mais desempenho do que se entrega em gráficos, exigindo valores absurdos de CPU sem nenhuma logica.

A gameplay é muito simples, e isso não é um problema a principio. Acontece que aqui não é satisfatório lutar. Você sente que está batendo num boneco, fora as animações de execução capadas para diminuir a faixa etária do jogo.

Mudar a mecânica do jogo para atrair fans de outros gêneros não foi uma ideia boa, principalmente porque não foi bem aplicada.
  91. Oct 11, 2020
    Graphics and animations are very good, there are plenty of different locations and because the world is huge there is a lot to explore.
    Sound effects and music are brilliant.
    Combat is entertaining with many different weapons and styles, although sometimes your character becomes unresponsive and you get punished because of that. Crafting is a very basic and character customisation is
    Sound effects and music are brilliant.
    Crafting is a very basic and character customisation is very limited.
    The gameplay looks interesting at the beginning, but then you realise there isn't much to do a part from killing a bunch of enemies or look for some items.
    The side quests are more of the above and boring to the point that after 20 hours I started to skip them all.
    The main story is a huge pile of **** garnished with many historic errors and fantasies, all due to the feminist propaganda they forced into the game. A bunch of losers that achieved nothing in their lives, used a video game to piss on some of the greatest figures of human history, transforming them in sexist villains and a woman, that never existed, and a group of coward and corrupted roman politicians into heroes...pathetic...
  92. May 13, 2020
    Leveling system is terrible. You finish mission and you want to do another one, well you cant cause your level is too low. Bullsh*t.
  93. Aug 16, 2020
    Trivial game, you can dominate all other soldiers with your skills in previous games, this game forces you to fully develop the game to the end, it wants you to do all the missions by force to finish the game, it wants to take out whatever is hidden there is no fighting dynamics as before, you can take damage from everywhere officially
  94. Sep 16, 2020
    Don't buy this game. It's really poorly optimized. I don't understand how can a high end pc machine can run from 100fps to 40 fps. It's insane.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 29 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 2, 2018
    The resurrection of the seemingly exhausted series was successful. Beautiful and enormous Egypt is complemented by the sympathetic hero Bayek and plenty of modifications to the proven formula. [Issue#280]
  2. Jan 2, 2018
    This killer holiday in Egypt is definitely no boring. On the contrary, it is a pleasant excursion to the times, when the sphinx had a nose, and mysterious killers did not call themselves assassins. You cannot find a nicer version of an Ancient Egypt in any other game, and up to it it’s entertaining. A modest family story affects the whole empire at the end, and you will forgive a handful of bugs to its charismatic heroes, as well as the fact, that you have played the same pattern so many times, just in another scenery.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Dec 30, 2017
    Ubisoft Montreal managed to make Egypt not only beautiful, but extremely atmospheric. When you’re admiring the city and a mounted patrol rushes past you, you always get that urge to step aside to avoid getting trampled, even though you know you can eviscerate them all in a blink of an eye. [Issue#225, p.32]