- Publisher: 505 Games
- Release Date: May 29, 2019
- Also On: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X
- Critic score
- By date
Jun 19, 2019Kunos delivers a frequently brilliant take on the Blancpain GT series - but it's beset by a feeling of being unfinished.
Awards & Rankings
Mixed or average reviews- based on 94 Ratings
User score distribution:
Positive: 56 out of 94
Mixed: 23 out of 94
Negative: 15 out of 94
Jun 7, 2019As a VR only user its only right I give a VR review.
The Bad The game feels like beta in pretty much every area. Placeholder UI, brokenAs a VR only user its only right I give a VR review.
The game feels like beta in pretty much every area. Placeholder UI, broken settings, alignment, no mouse, AA, constant crashes, high component loads and abysmal FPS. There has been little to no VR support from Kunos so we have all been left to fix all their half finished config files.
You'll need some expensive equipment to run ACC in VR especially if you use anything better than the 1st gen CV1 Rift and V1 Vive that will happily run in a GTX1080. There are people that are running in a half refresh rate on 1070's but I'm sure they have very minimum settings or close to.
Support is non-existent from the devs but the community is pulling together, plenty of guys willing to give up some time to help out those that ask.
Handling feels fine if not yet as good as IRacing, I would say its an improvement over AC1. Cars react well to setup change but the preset setups are just thrown together and need tweaking, the rating system could be good but no filters yet to implement them all onto a server. Weather and 24H time of day are massive. They have to be applauded for that.
I'm no hater and I'm sure over the next month or two ACC will be the title it should already be. Selling out to as publisher will always force the release and I feel that is exactly what's happened here. Releasing a 0.8 beta and slapping the 1.0 badge just don't fix all the missing features and broken half arsed VR.
My advice is wait it out if you use VR, pancake users will have a lot better experience but I still feel its not worth the asking price as the game is today.
Steam ratings are a better example of the quality its in right now. Them critic reviews are a complete joke.
Its a waiting game...………..… Full Review »
Jun 5, 2019Don't pay attention to "professional" reviewers. 3 out of 4 are from italian websites and the developers of Assetto Corsa Competizione areDon't pay attention to "professional" reviewers. 3 out of 4 are from italian websites and the developers of Assetto Corsa Competizione are italian. Have to laugh at their reviews.
Now, coming to this game.
Performance sucks even on Nvidia's GPUs. Imagine the unlucky people out there trying to run this game on an AMD videocard.
The bad thing is that the image quality is far worse than games like Forza Horizon, Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo. And those run on consoles. Yes, we call this c**p optimisation.
VR image quality is outstandingly bad.
No proper triple screen support.
Gamepad isn't as supported as Assetto Corsa LMAO.
Keyboard controls are broken.
UI is bugged and some of the button's icons aren't even updated.
FOV: you have to change it for every car you drive.
The rating system tells you how to drive properly. Funnily enough if you do as it says, you'll be slower than if you drive as fast as you can but you'll receive a lower value.
Not to mention that it sucks, because online is as bad as always. That means it's worse than what SRS provided in Assetto Corsa 1.
Handling feels pretty good except the highly unrealistic car behaviour when driving over curbs.
FFB is good.
Talking about price. The game is simply not worth full price at the moment. Wait for a massive sale.… Full Review »
Jun 4, 2019Fantastic sensations! Assetto Corsa Competizione (ACC) is a blast and I highly recommend it. I have pretty much all racing sims (PC2, GTFantastic sensations! Assetto Corsa Competizione (ACC) is a blast and I highly recommend it. I have pretty much all racing sims (PC2, GT Sports, iracing, Forza 7 etc...) so it is easy for me to compare
- The driving experience is one of the best. I would say it is between the realism of ircacing and the fun of PC2. The feedback with my T-GT is just awesome although personally I find it a bit too strong and it needs to be tweaked.
- The audio is very impressive, the engines sound really good. Hands down the best I have experienced and it truly helps for the immersion.
- Finally a multiplayer game mode that this is easy to get into for people who dont have GT Sport or a subscription to ircaing. The multiplayer take a lot from GT Sport and ircacing and that's great! Easy to get into a race and compete with other people. I would love to have a ranking system or something similar.
- Graphics are gorgeous and I really enjoy the colors and sharpness of the images.
- The VR is quite good. i use an HTC Vive Pro and RTX 2080 ti with which PC2 looks very ugly. Only ircaing looks OK. But ACC really did well with its VR mode with much less screen door effect. It is quite enjoyable.
- Too few tracks. I hope we can get more tracks in the following updates.
- Still some random crashes. i know the game was just released so I hope this gets sorted out fast.
- I know the game focuses on GT3 but having a bit more cars would be nice.
All in all, ACC is an amazing racing sim for the price. I highly recommend it but I hope the devs can fix the crashes.… Full Review »