5.4

1. Feb 27, 2020
    Interesting style and gimmicks, but the actual game and gameplay were bad. The combat felt off, and I never really got the hang of it. It felt like it was trying to go into a combo system, but fell short by a lot. The overworld felt like a simple/dull board game.
  2. Feb 13, 2020
    le foutage de gueule atteint des sommets, sans doute à l'insu de son plein gré, car avec les stagiaires ou les refoulés et les ratés, c'est souvent le cas : ils n'ont en effet aucune idée de ce qu'ils font ou sont en train de faire...

Ainsi, cette daube dont la partie stratégie (?!) se résume au minimum syndical et qui consiste surtout à vous faire chier dans des missions (?) de bourrinage décérébré (bats-les-tous et enchaîne les combos très cons comme dans les jeux de baston supercons à la con de mes deux) dans un environnement en 4 couleurs immonde et une confusion totale très épipleptogène !

Pour se donner un genre ou une vague contenance élitiste, la difficulté est très mal dosée et si on meurt lors d'une mission, il faut recommencer l'espèce de campagne indigente depuis le tout début. Un indé daubé de plus tout-à-fait épouvantable à tout point de vue qu'on donnera avec joie en sacrifice à la Grande Poubelle !
  3. Aug 31, 2018
    Nice little gem.
    Art style awesome.
    Recommend to play the arena first as the campaign would otherwise be to punishing.
    Those who like 2d beat em ups will enjoy themselves
  4. Feb 19, 2020
    It is perhaps a good game but I got bored quickly for some reason so maybe it's not the best
    Can't point a finger on it.
    good combat diversity. nice artstyle and fluid combat.
    nice loot and stuff.
    idk.
  5. Sep 20, 2020
    Solid look and feel to the game. Plays well, and the combat is technical and challenging while still leaving room for creativity. However, the games gets old quickly. The city campaign could perhaps be more in-depth as really none of that matters as all you're doing is fighting.
  6. Apr 24, 2020
    It's a mix of fighter and board game where you conquer territory. Pretty meh unless you really like fighter games, because it doesn't seem like that good of a fighter game.

A little confusing at first because they don't slowly introduce you to the board game part of it - you have to find and read the guide. The guide itself is actually quite good and quickly and easily taught me the board game part.

Some of the moves/combos require way too much precision to the point where they're useless because they only work about 10% of the time - IE: blocking & counters. So I just never bothered with the blocking and counters, but it seems necessary to progress, so I uninstalled.
  7. Feb 28, 2020
    It was the most boring game I played, I played seven minutes in total and it seemed to age me seven years, and also the game interface is awful , the fighting system is simple, and the graphics are boring even if they try to make it fantastic.
    I can't believe this game is paid, I don't play for 1 hour if they give money on it.
  8. Sep 6, 2020
    Jesus Christ, the fighting mechanics are ultra bad. You have 2 buttons for attack but it doesn't really matter which one you use since they do the same thing. Campaign is diffrent but very basic, and lacking depth. Sometimes there are events like drought but no idea what they are because games doesn't explain it. In one mission for example, there are 3 guys, but suprise there were more,Jesus Christ, the fighting mechanics are ultra bad. You have 2 buttons for attack but it doesn't really matter which one you use since they do the same thing. Campaign is diffrent but very basic, and lacking depth. Sometimes there are events like drought but no idea what they are because games doesn't explain it. In one mission for example, there are 3 guys, but suprise there were more, they kept spawning, did the game said something about that? NO. The thing that in order to play the goddamn game you need to read 15 page manual and even if you do you still have no idea wtf is going on.
    The shield guys are literally only kill-able by grabs, and doing some cancer combos every 2 seconds that 2 shots you, so yeah pretty fun stuff. The best thing is that you can't fcking grab them when they are signaling the attack also when you grab, you can't just click dash so you can dodge attack, so when you fight 2 shield guys it's a pain. The whole game is a pain.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Nov 16, 2017
    The developers of Aztez had great inspirations and clearly understand what made them great, but that was not enough for Aztez itself to become great. The game is really solid in terms of gameplay mechanics but at the same time derivative and repetitive. I can only recommend it wholeheartedly to those who enjoy exploring and cracking open complex combat systems. [11/2017, p.74]
  2. Aug 19, 2017
    There are some noticeable detractors which keep it from being a truly great game, but for what it sets out to accomplish, i.e. fusing the strategy and 2D brawler genres into a cohesive single package, Aztez succeeds in many more regards than it fails. Since Aztez is Team Colorblind’s first game, I’m excited to see what the developer comes up with for future projects, but in the meantime Aztez itself is a very strong first showing.
  3. Aug 13, 2017
    Aztez certainly is a fun game and very quick to the action, but I felt the tactical layer hid too much of the great brawler underneath.