7.7

1. May 22, 2020
    I can appreciate what it is trying to do, bring a bit of novelty by being a mish-mash of different elements. It is part Grim Fandango, part Sherlock Holmes, part Telltale with a plethora of quick time events. Unfortunately I am not a big fan of any of these elements. I disliked the Grim Fandango engine when it came out, and having a similar one here, 20 years after just seems veryI can appreciate what it is trying to do, bring a bit of novelty by being a mish-mash of different elements. It is part Grim Fandango, part Sherlock Holmes, part Telltale with a plethora of quick time events. Unfortunately I am not a big fan of any of these elements. I disliked the Grim Fandango engine when it came out, and having a similar one here, 20 years after just seems very uninspired. I think I would recommend it to Sherlock Holmes games fans for the different setting and art. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 29 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 17, 2020
    Blacksad is painfully derivative, but it’s not so bad as it seems at first impression. It’s a pity that this intriguing, smart, mature story with colorful characters in an unusual world will never get the attention they deserve because of numerous bugs and horrendous controls.
  2. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Jan 14, 2020
    Pendulo carefully handled Blacksad’s transition from comics to game format, so fans of the original series will feel right at home, and those who haven’t read the comics yet – well, they should, to get a better appreciation for Pendulo’s work. [Issue#242, p.58]
  3. CD-Action
    Jan 10, 2020
    There were moments when I really enjoyed the game. I especially liked the animal cast and the creative way in which the developers play with the detective story genre. [01/2020, p.50]