7.0

1. Dec 7, 2021
    Female Space Jesus Saves the Universe Again But It's Actually **** Great

Female Space Jesus Saves the Universe Again But It's Actually **** Great

Don't listen to other negative bozos. The game is incredible. The gameplay is smooth and satisfying, after you get used to the drifting mechanic and get some powers, fights become a blast and a real power trip - you can turn around and shoot the enemies chasing you while speeding past turrets, teleport behind a gunship and disable it with a lighting strike, and charge up a missile cluster to blow it up to kingdom come. It's great!
    The environment is very well designed, you get put in a somewhat big maps with a lot of side content to explore and 2-3 longer main missions. The skyboxes look incredible, and the artstyle really shines through the enemy design.
    The main story took a bit of a backseat for me, though it is still fairly entertaining and engaging. I mainly focused on the side mission storylines, which can be very interesting - an abandoned space station with only a couple of drones left standing, a mysterious vessel with a corpse of a famous explorer, a corrupted ancient AI trapped in a lightning storm. They're all fantastic.
    I really enjoy the game so far, at the time of publishing I have around 15 h in it, and I'm about at the halfway point while doing all side missions. I really recommend you buy the game if you enjoy space shooters, or you're just looking for a fun action experience.
  2. Dec 10, 2021
    This is my first review ever on this site. Usually I don't bother about this stuff, but I felt compelled to do this game a little justice. Ok, so some dudes are despising the game just because the female protagonist/feminism agenda/etc. Lemme be clear: I don't like this trend either. It's kinda mandatory on the industry nowadays. Most of the time the thing is forced and ridiculous, likeThis is my first review ever on this site. Usually I don't bother about this stuff, but I felt compelled to do this game a little justice. Ok, so some dudes are despising the game just because the female protagonist/feminism agenda/etc. Lemme be clear: I don't like this trend either. It's kinda mandatory on the industry nowadays. Most of the time the thing is forced and ridiculous, like females that are extremely phisically superior to men, etc. HOWEVER, I saw no problem with this game. The lady is a pilot. Women can be pilots, what is the matter? Sure, women are prevalent on the game, there are some lesbians here and there, but I saw no disrespect to men either. Just 3 examples from the top of my head: Sav is cool, the general from the third star system that hates you on the beggining but turns around at the end is really cool, even your ship (that has a male voice) - would you call him weak? Everyone is treated with respect, I like it.

OK, rant over, let's talk about the game: it's a Star Wars spaceship game clone, plain and simple. But it's an AWESOME clone, even better than the original in many ways. Reminds me a lot of really old spaceship games like Tie Fighter, X-Wing, StarFox, etc (yeah, I'm a boomer), the nostalgia hits hard and it's great. It has the combat portions and dodging obstacles/manuvering portion that I really enjoy. The big battles and boss fights are AMAZING, the soundtrack kicks in hard and it's thrilling to play and watch. Very challenging also. The weapons and powers are well implemented, you can tailor it to your playstyle, which is always a good thing (player expression, that is). There are some addons that can make your ship faster, stronger, more defensive, you can focus on missiles, lasers or the gatling gun, focus on the rites or try to balance it all. The options are there and it's well done. The story is nothing out of this world, but it serves its purpose for this kind of game. It's inoffensive, and that is enough for me. I would say the voice-acting is really good and the chat between characters are interesting, from time to time. Graphics are nice and the game is really light on the hardware. Controls are sharp.

CONS: the maps are a little too big and hyperspeed a little to slow for my taste. Sometimes characters talking are interrupted out of nowhere and you can never hear what they were saying again. The HUD is a pain sometimes, making it really difficult to find objects, enemies or where to go (markers too small, maybe distinct colors could help with this?). There could be a bigger selection of ships and weapons for you to control. Some missions might feel a little repetitive (but there is good variety too).

So all in all, this game is a solid 9 for me. I'm marking it as 10 just to balance the unfair scores bellow. If you like this kind of game, give it a chance. You won't regret it.
  3. Dec 4, 2021
    Один из лучших аркадных космосимов, в которые я играл
  4. Dec 17, 2021
    This is the real discovery of the passing year 2021. I was waiting for the game's release, expecting a simple space arcade game, a roguelike at most. But I got a whole space rpg! This is not the usual formula of Elite-like games «get on the station, take a mission, fly it out, repeat». Everything happens right in space, as in the usual open world rpg. There are many quests scattered aroundThis is the real discovery of the passing year 2021. I was waiting for the game's release, expecting a simple space arcade game, a roguelike at most. But I got a whole space rpg! This is not the usual formula of Elite-like games «get on the station, take a mission, fly it out, repeat». Everything happens right in space, as in the usual open world rpg. There are many quests scattered around the map and even more random events, there is a pump for the things you use more often (like in TES), there is an analogue of witcher senses, there are skills and inventory. Graphics and optimization for such a project is excellent. The local world in atmosphere a bit like Warhammer 40k, with its heresy and dark magic. User-friendly interface and controls on the PC. I really can't find any serious flaws in the game. And especially I do not understand why it has such low ratings. If you like games about space - play it for sure! Do A Barrel Roll!! Expand
  5. Dec 20, 2021
    This is fun. Awesome game. If you like starwing and starwars this is fun. Learn to play the game. Learn to control your ship then you enjoy chorus. I give it a 10 beacuse its much better than negative ratings. This is not a bad game. Maybe hard IF you dont know what to do to control the game. Play chorus.
  6. Dec 30, 2021
    This is an excellent game for the price.

Very lengthy campaign. Fleshed out characters. Extremely satisfying flight combat and powers. Good music, good sound design. Great vistas and locations to explore. Some cons: Some powers fall by the wayside (blink and control), and are not worth spending the energy. Constant whispering is cringe and annoying; but the voice
    This is an excellent game for the price.

Very lengthy campaign.

Fleshed out characters.

Extremely satisfying flight combat and powers.

Good music, good sound design.

Great vistas and locations to explore.

Some cons:

Constant whispering is cringe and annoying; but the voice actress is great when not whispering.

Dodging sniper fire feels super duper bad in this game.

Dodging triple-sniper-fire feels even worse.

Certain sections of boss fights don't feel great specially (M___a, no spoilers), but generally, the boss fights are excellent.

No aesthetic customizations.

This isn't a triple A game, but if you approach it knowing what it is - a high-effort AA game with tons of production value - then you will have tons of fun.

There is tons of potential for a sequel here. Hopefully the devs take what works and improve on it.
  7. Jan 5, 2022
    This game has provided me with one of the most enjoyable gameplay experiences in 2021. The graphics are modern and sound is pretty good. I enjoyed voice acting even though it was not extremely professional and the story was engaging enough to want to finish it.
    Everyone should try this game out simply because the crisp arcadey space dogfight gameplay is something that no other title out there that has nailed down so well.
  8. BWT
    Dec 13, 2021
    Получаю невероятное удовольствие от игры. Самое интересное начинается где-то в середине. Много оружия, много разных врагов, много способностей. Рекомендую.
  9. Feb 13, 2022
    Great game.

Great game.

Story and voice acting is at least decent, but is more science fantasy is than hard sci fi. game play is great and controls very well with a mouse. Missions are fairly diverse with a mix of combat, navigating tight hallways, exploration. Progression is about 50/50 main/side missions, with no real elements of trading or similar activities. If you like space combat games you should not miss this one, probably the one I have enjoyed most since freespace 2, even if there are so few games in the genre it does not say as much as it should.

There are some minor negatives. Some parts of boss fights could stand a bit more work, like making obstacles more distinct. There is a shop to buy weapons and upgrades, but its not clear when new weapons or equipment becomes available, and the mods would be better if they actually changed game significantly rather than providing a minor boost to damage or defense.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 19 Critic Reviews

1. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Feb 7, 2022
    What would happen if you take a mobile game concept and scale it up to a PC release? Well, Fishlabs tried it with Chorus, and the results are rather mediocre. [Issue#258, p.62]
  2. Feb 1, 2022
    Despite a few flaws, in particular with regard to the structure of the scenario, the excessive presence of dialogues, an insignificant soundtrack and framerate drops, Chorus is the nice surprise of the end of 2021.
  3. Jan 24, 2022
    Chorus is an epic space expedition with some great components, but some weak points as well. All this does not mean that you will not enjoy it, but do not expect anything special from it