- Summary: The action of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided takes place in 2029, a couple of years after the events of Human Revolution and the infamous ‘Aug Incident’ in Panchaea that resulted in the deaths of millions at the hands of those who had installed augmentations. This event has caused a massive divideThe action of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided takes place in 2029, a couple of years after the events of Human Revolution and the infamous ‘Aug Incident’ in Panchaea that resulted in the deaths of millions at the hands of those who had installed augmentations. This event has caused a massive divide between those who have augmentations and those who don't. Amidst this emotional turmoil are various factions aiming to manipulate the public by twisting public opinion of augmentation to advance their own agenda and hide the truth of what really occurred.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - 101 Trailer
Sep 8, 2016The game mechanics all work remarkably well, from hacking (despite it being a little repetitive after going through the same process dozens of times) to the cover system, to the various forms of combat, resulting in a game that has a poignant narrative whilst still being enjoyable to play.
Aug 19, 2016Deus Ex: Mankind Divided could – and should – have been amazing. All the ingredients were there: an intriguing premise, engaging and mature narrative themes, solid gameplay foundations and a beautiful look. However, the rushed plot, nonsensical conclusion, under-developed characters and continued shortcomings in combat mean this is a title which fails to live up to its potential.
Aug 23, 2016I was sold on this game in the first 20 minutes of the game. The music along with the new selection matrix and the setting. my god, I don'tI was sold on this game in the first 20 minutes of the game. The music along with the new selection matrix and the setting. my god, I don't care that the story was dummed down. it makes for a more concise narrative that doesn't get to big for it's own britches.
Even Jensen's Voice Actor is doing a better job in this game than he did in Human Revolution. He actually shows a little bit of range in his line delivery which is nice for our traumatized and war weary protagonist.… Expand
Dec 30, 2019My God this is a such a solid game. The original Deus Ex is one of my favourite games and all of the sequels bar this one have fallen short.My God this is a such a solid game. The original Deus Ex is one of my favourite games and all of the sequels bar this one have fallen short. Here what I like about it:
-Intricately crafted cities and levels, full of character.
-Brilliant exploration with plenty of hidden areas to find.
-Nicely non-linear without overloading you with missions
-Solid and satisfying stealth mechanics
-Combat is now a lot more visceral feeling and refined
-Really engaging plot line, not too convoluted, that completely sucks you in
-Augs are cooler than ever, especially the forward dash. Imagine leaping high up onto a balcony and then leaping across a street onto the opposite one to find a hidden room stacked with goodies.
It's just pure sexyness through and through. Very polished and it's obvious a lot of love has gone into it.… Expand
Sep 16, 2016I have just finished the game, which means a good mark already :) since I was bored by some recent titles so I quit playing them. It took meI have just finished the game, which means a good mark already :) since I was bored by some recent titles so I quit playing them. It took me 66 hours.
There is no need describing the good points of the game really since it is similar to HR, in a good way. I enjoyed it a lot, going to bed way after 3 a.m. lol.
Regarding the bad and "bad" points let me comment on them:
1. Micro-transactions - never used them. By the endgame, I had Jensen fully upgraded the way I liked and 3 unused praxis. Maybe a less hardcore player might want to buy some praxis (cheaply lol), but there is no real need for that. It would even spoil the balance of the game. There is a video at youtube how to find 15 praxis in the game world, I'd miss half of them.
2. The game runs smoothly on my rig at 2560*1440. Though I had to set mouse sensitivity at 10% (!) of the default setting. At 100% the game might look jerky I imagine. No crashes.
Now some real but minor gripes:
3. There too many vents / passages, so convenient... It does spoil the experience a bit IMHO.
4. There are some cut scenes which cannot be skipped.
5. The story could give us some more surprises but it is Ok. On the other hand I should note that side missions are not too many and they blend with the main story nicely.
Maybe it is a 8 title but I am giving it a 9 to compensate those 0-1 whining reviews.
0, really? Common people!
Advice for new players: invest in stealth style augs first because there will be many enemies like security who are not bad guys, no need for them to die. Titan is a waste!
Some of my likes/dislikes, you can compare your and my tastes:
I liked the following games: Planescape: Torment, Fallout 1, 2, 3 N.W., Jagged Alliance 2, Witcher 1 and 2, System Shock 1 and 2, and Doom 1 and 2, and Spear of Destiny, yes!
I did not like the following games: Fallout 4, Witcher 3.
ps I am not a native English speaker, sorry for possible mistakes.… Expand
Jun 26, 2018UPD: after some time passed, I've realized that the game itself is not THAT but, it is has a lot to do with unjustified hopes. You see, DX:HRUPD: after some time passed, I've realized that the game itself is not THAT but, it is has a lot to do with unjustified hopes. You see, DX:HR was a great return to the roots and it was expectable to have even more in next series. Not happened, obviously. Anything about repetitive, tedious process is the same.
Feckless and perverted inheritor of Deus Ex glorious name.
Like a hyenas, it preys on remnants of titans.
There is no story, there is no simple explanations, sometimes there is no explanations at all.
Some examples: gang of armed criminals tears part bookstore in one wall distance from police using automated weapons without silencers and blocking street entrance among with few houses in it. No-one cares.
You walks to police officer and accuse other policemen of extortion, abduction and bribery - they immediately shoot them on the place. No court, no justice, that's it,
Crowd of people ask for neuposim. Just like "heya do you have a spare bottle of hugely expensive drug? No, it's not for myself, just though you might have"/
Poisonous gas and electricity breakage right in the centre of city. Because it's fine to have some kids dead, right?
Oh wait... there is not a single child on the street. Why? Cfu!
City overwhelmed by flats that have no entrance or exit except though windowsbalcony.
Screwed mage in sewer possess the tools that allows him control the minds of his followers - no-one tries to use to build a state for themselves.
Combat drones shoots hobos at sewer with no reason.
You have base which is literally copied from Mass Effect. And repeats the same approach from DX:HR. And have few characters which continues screaming "JENSEN" every time they see you, having nothing to say to you.
Main characters agrees to spy on his own organization simple because he is asked for it. No reasoning, no hesitation. Listening device? Yeah, give it to me, Interpol have nothing to hide.
Enormous amount of ventilations which are totally insane from engineering point of view. They are there just for you to have diverse access.
Sitting peoples can't be took down.
Someone worried to put number of billion-worth devices into your protagonist, just for free and hide them, because... well... why not after all?
There is clear segregation on humans and augs, but you are fine to ignore it.
Some quests are ends in the tiny air: no continuation, no explanation except "oh, this is life, yeah, life's hard, kiddo yeah..."
Casino -it is located in a sewers. Why?! How customers supposed to reach it? How one could hide the endless thread of customers and employees? Sewers are notable clean, by the way.
Locals speaks in either clear english with a no accent at all, or use grammatically correct but a bit spoiled by accent English. YEah, everyone knows english, right? No, for god's sake, billions of people do not care about it and billions barely may nail few words in it.
Copy pasted streets.
This is not what DX supposed to be. This is not what it could allow itself to be. Burn in hell, DX:MD abomination among with your DLC.… Expand
Feb 4, 2017The game feels too short, when you think is getting good you can see that is basically on the end of it. To use your skills set is even worse.The game feels too short, when you think is getting good you can see that is basically on the end of it. To use your skills set is even worse. So much stuff to develop but you dont have the time to get good on so many of them!… Expand
Sep 3, 2016This is an incomplete, buggy game. Some of the side quests do shine and the game play is very fun when it works. That said:
* horribleThis is an incomplete, buggy game. Some of the side quests do shine and the game play is very fun when it works. That said:
* horrible control scheme
* broken save system (literally - people can't save their game and lose hours of time). I have to manually delete old save files or the game begins to corrupt any save files I try to overwrite and won't create new ones
* unavoidable crashes at several places in the game that prevent progression,
* one-time use micro transactions
* a story that moves the plot about 1cm forward and ignores most of the characters / plot threads from Human Revolution
I could go on, but I already feel like I've wasted enough of my time and money on this game. The issues overshadow any positive aspects the game has. The planned DLC isn't going to be incorporated into the story and instead will be standalone missions. I was super excited for this game and looked forward to it for 5 years, now I just feel sad to see what Square Enix has done to one of my favorite franchises.… Expand
Sep 16, 2016The game is a polished finished and complete product. The storyline is great (30 hours in right now), plenty of side quests that feel likeThe game is a polished finished and complete product. The storyline is great (30 hours in right now), plenty of side quests that feel like they have meaning and consequences, amazing cast of memorable characters and a TON of exploration to do. The levels and areas are completely non-linear, you can get to your objective in a couple of different ways at least, same for dealing with enemies.
Since I'm a cyberpunk fan, I was completely hooked after the first hour of playing. Music, location style and design. There are so many things that got done right with this game.… Expand
- (573 views)