- Publisher: Activision
- Release Date: Nov 4, 2008
- Also On: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
- Summary: Join Alex the lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe, Gloria the Hippo and their entire madcap MadagascarTM crew on a whole new action-packed journey to save the African savannah in the Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa video game. Your favorite characters from Madagascar return and you canJoin Alex the lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe, Gloria the Hippo and their entire madcap MadagascarTM crew on a whole new action-packed journey to save the African savannah in the Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa video game. Your favorite characters from Madagascar return and you can play them all! In addition to Alex, Marty, Gloria, and Melman, you also get to play as the crafty penguins, the wacky King Julien and new hippo character Moto Moto! Learn all the moves of each character and choose which character is best for the situation at hand. Adventure through 12 levels and 10 tournament mini-games from othe movie and beyond. Experience the characters, settings and situations established in Dreamworks Animation’s new Madagascar movie. Unique new environments include the Watering Hole, a free roaming area that’s been expanded for the game, the volcano and the plane wreck. Master new and expanded tournament mini-games including twice as much multiplayer action as the first Madagascar! [Activision]… Expand
- Developer: Aspyr
- Genre(s): Action, Action Adventure, General, General
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 1 out of 6
Mixed: 4 out of 6
Negative: 1 out of 6
While there could be improvements in the platforming elements, and more originality in some of the mini-games, overall this is a lot of fun for kids, which is the point. And, there is definitely a lot of replay value, which is always a consideration for families.
There are, of course, issues with the title, but they are so small that it won’t matter to the player it is designed for. Heck, even those that are an older audience will have a hard time faulting the game, for its presentation and scope of gameplay are quite nice.
Play (Poland)Unlike a typical movie franchise, this game is not just a pleasant reminder of the most hilarious moments of the film, but also a very decent arcade game in its own right. [Feb 2009]
Escape 2 Africa is definitely a kids game but geared toward a variety of ages for some fun with Alex, Melman, Marty and Gloria while under the strict tutelage of King Julian.
LEVEL (Czech Republic)If you are eight years old or you love to play all kinds of mini-games or you are proud member of Madagascar fan club then you can enjoy this game. Others can dismiss. [Issue#173]
I suppose a young gamer might get a kick out of this one if he or she is really into the Madagascar movies, but the bland gameplay and awkward structure do very little to provide an enjoyable experience.
Positive: 1 out of 3
Mixed: 2 out of 3
Negative: 0 out of 3
Mar 1, 2022"Madagascar 2" - это продолжение 1-ой части игры, а также мультфильма. Эту игру я также проходил полностью очень много раз.
Главным отличием"Madagascar 2" - это продолжение 1-ой части игры, а также мультфильма. Эту игру я также проходил полностью очень много раз.
Главным отличием от 1-ой части является то, что здесь графика стала немного лучше, а также появились новые механики, ну и конечно же открытый мир пускай и не такой большой.
Также плюсом хотелось бы отметить тот факт, что для каждого главного героя появилась собственная история.
В целом же получилась хорошая игра, которую можно даже сейчас перепройти, но все же 1-ая часть была гораздо лучше.… Expand
Nov 29, 2016Хорошая аркада.
Красочные локации, интересные мини-игры, но эта часть значительно проигрывает первой. Первая часть делалась с душой, а тутХорошая аркада.
Красочные локации, интересные мини-игры, но эта часть значительно проигрывает первой. Первая часть делалась с душой, а тут видно, что разработчики хоть и вкладывали усилия, но были не прочь от денежек, вот и сэкономили то тут, то там.
Можно пройти разок, лично я не пожалел.… Expand
Oct 5, 2017Madagascar: Escape 2 Afrika
Actually an Okay Game
Escape 2 Afrika is a game where mini games meets a collectathon… It tells the story ofMadagascar: Escape 2 Afrika
Actually an Okay Game
Escape 2 Afrika is a game where mini games meets a collectathon…
It tells the story of the movie where the madagascare characters esape and then crash land in afrika and you spend the rest of the game collecting parts and monkeys to fix your plane and leave..
I was surprised with how much I actually enjoyed playing this game…
The story is delivered through a variety of mini games as you play as nearly every Madagascar character, youll be doing races, stealth games, climbing walls, quick time events at a rave, trying to woo a lady hippo, play musical chairs with lion cubs just to name a few…
The game does repeat a few mini games.. but the repeat is rare keeping this 5 hour long game feeling fresh and fun throughout…
though a few mini games like the diving one in particular, are just not fun and I could’ve done without..
in between the charming story levels dashed with humor, youll be running around the watering hole which is essentially your hub area… this is where the 3d platforming collectathon comes into play as you can switch between the different characters running around collecting monkeys to progress the story…
100 in total but only 60 needed to beat the game…
these monkeys also being placed in the different story levels as well…
It isn’t just a bunch of mini games though.. there are bits of straight up 3d platforming levels here.. some better than others… Alex’s sections being great.. while morts.. not so much… as it felt stiff and unresponsive.. a chore to get through…
the world and levels are also filled with coins that you can spend on extras like cosmetics and mini games..
mini games which can be played with up to 4 players like minigolf, or jungle chess…
the game is pretty hit and miss, but I was having fun most of the time
This by no means is a gfreat 3d platforming collectathon…
But its an enjoyable one for all aged that I think is worth running through
I give Madagascar: Escape 2 Afrika
a 6/10… Expand