5.5

1. Aug 5, 2019
    Trio 13 is excellent in all respects, offering an excellent story with very famous characters. Turns out to be like the old parts.
  2. May 26, 2019
    I am not blind to the defects that this game has. It has some pretty unfortunate controls, it is pretty clunky with exposition (it throws undefined terms at you and expect you to read the whole instructions about it on the menu) and none of the characters make a good first impression, aside from taking too long to get to the good part, or, for that matter, let you play the game properly.I am not blind to the defects that this game has. It has some pretty unfortunate controls, it is pretty clunky with exposition (it throws undefined terms at you and expect you to read the whole instructions about it on the menu) and none of the characters make a good first impression, aside from taking too long to get to the good part, or, for that matter, let you play the game properly. It sets a pretty low bar in its first three hours, but if you look past that, you'll find a pretty good game at the end of the tunnel: the characters are far deeper deconstructions of archetypes than what might first seem, the world is interesting and beautiful, and the fights become more strategic than you would believe it. Only play this game if you have the patience to do so, but if you do, I believe you will be rewarded for it. Expand
  3. May 21, 2019
    Pensar que Ready At Dawn era quien solamente hacía películas de 70 dólares...
    Square/Enix sacó una trilogía de películas a 220 dólares :)
  4. Apr 16, 2019
    Released in 2010 under PS3 platform, this so-called blockbuster has probably disappointed a huge number of players who have been dedicatedly loyal to the great Final Fantasy series. The game's been desperately considered as an enormous let-down so far for what it lacks to be a players-satisfying RPG PC game.

Getting started with a convoluted inception, an extremely long beginning and

Getting started with a convoluted inception, an extremely long beginning and lacking characters introduction, Final Fantasy XIII put itself in an dead end of causing players to keep going on their virtual journey in the very first place. The game not only hopelessly fails to establish its characters' drama scenes but also drastically ruins the players' emotion plus the story line with illogical narratives and cringeworthy characters' reactions. Besides, the camera system is sometimes too obnoxious for players to execute characters' paths because of the game's sudden camera angle changes. Also, non-sense checkpoints distribution frustrates numbers of players for unnecessary waste of time looking for one of the checkpoints while they're in need of it.

Still, there're three factors that mostly save the game out of its own pitch black hole. Despite the disappointing characters' reactions, it can be barely said that the game possesses the best eye-catching costumes designs among the members of RPG category in 21st century. Another up-vote for this game is its console quality graphic which requires a very low system requirement but offer players thrilling and striking graphic. The final savior of Final Fantasy XIII is a deeply emotional ending that comes along with stunning music theme, salvaging the whole franchise from being a huge disappointment and leading its players to a temporary expect for the upcoming sequel.

Long story short, this game obviously happens to be the worst among the Final Fantasy series. Nevertheless, Final Fantasy XIII requires more than what it takes and what it is now to earn a chance of winning many players' hearts.
  5. Apr 11, 2019
    FF XIII is perhaps the most controversial game, next to the XV, of the franchise but not because of its narrative or combat system, but rather to those first impersions that were born in the past and last, in the form of legends, until the present .
    It does not have the best history of the saga, that is clear, but it is not a "garbage" as some say. The secondary stories come to surprise how well narrated and elaborate you are ... do you remember the story between Snow and Hope?
    The only thing I want to say is that although there are changes in this title that did not please the players at the time, many other FFs also did at the time and they were and are a marvel, therefore you must play it and thus give your true opinion. As for mine, it is not the best Final Fantasy but it is a game, which at the time and to this day attracts thanks to those changes that were implemented.
  6. Feb 19, 2019
    Me gustó:
    Mecanicas del juego. Combates, muy dinamicos y divertidos.
    Muy buenos gráficos para la epoca. A dia de hoy se pueden disfrutar bastante bien. Largo, pero no en exceso. No me gustó: Los personajes, ridiculos, sin verdadero carisma. La historia, no llega a la altura del resto de FF. SI tengo que sacar una conclusión, es que como juego me gustó mucho, pero para mi, no
    Me gustó:
    Mecanicas del juego. Combates, muy dinamicos y divertidos.
    Largo, pero no en exceso.

No me gustó:
    Los personajes, ridiculos, sin verdadero carisma.
    La historia, no llega a la altura del resto de FF.

SI tengo que sacar una conclusión, es que como juego me gustó mucho, pero para mi, no llega a sus FF predecesores.

7. Jan 21, 2019
    I don't care what anyone says about this game, this game has an amazing story, characters and such a deep lore that most people get lost into and just say the game is full of plot holes all these reasons and much more is why this isn't just my favourite Final Fantasy but also my favourite game of all time but on pc it needs a little more optimising
  8. Jan 9, 2018
    Финальная Фантазия 13 - отличная часть франшизы, которая наделена отличным дизайном мира и графикой, для своего времени, хотя и сейчас выглядит не плохо; основные персонажи харизматические и запоминающиеся, особенно главная героиня Молния, также мир наделён собственной мифологией и не плохим сюжетом за которым интересно следить, а боевая система парадигм не такая простая как кажется и еслиФинальная Фантазия 13 - отличная часть франшизы, которая наделена отличным дизайном мира и графикой, для своего времени, хотя и сейчас выглядит не плохо; основные персонажи харизматические и запоминающиеся, особенно главная героиня Молния, также мир наделён собственной мифологией и не плохим сюжетом за которым интересно следить, а боевая система парадигм не такая простая как кажется и если с простыми мобами в общем не будет проблем (что не плохо экономит время, как и возможность самому выбирать с кем драться), то в босс-битвах придётся попотеть. Относительно "коридорности", то она вполне оправданна крайне сюжетно-ориентированностью игры (хотя все финалки линейные, а "открытые мира" в основном пустые и предназначенные для гринда который утомляет) с большим и качественным количеством отличных кат-сцен. Музыка, как всегда отличная и атмосферная. Качество ПК-порта вполне сносное и есть фанатский перевод игры на русский язык. Expand
  9. Sep 14, 2017
    one of the great rpg game game ı have ever played story is great graphics are great charecters are great while playing this game it feels me ı watch an anime people dont like this game because it is very hard and they cant finish this game.
  10. Jul 10, 2017
    If you wan't to play this game, don't play on PC the optimization is garbage, the game run on a 20fps basis that the only way for you to revert is to plug a wired controller. I love FF XIII, it was my first Final Fantasy but do not play it on PC.
  11. Mar 27, 2017
    To start I would like to say that I'm writing this review in 2017 and you might ask what does that change? The answer is current gaming industry trends. Most games released today push for massive open world environments and linearity is considered taboo of some kind. Now after saying this I would like to start the actual review.
    I'm not going to dwell deep into the game as I haven't even
    I'm not going to dwell deep into the game as I haven't even completed it yet but I do think I've seen what the game has to offer.
    Gameplay and story seemed to be biggest complain about this game yet for me linearity and simple combat became biggest highlights. Personaly I got tired of playing open world games and I think that's why FFXIII felt so new and refreshing it felt so nice to play something where story moves with such simplicity without any pointless side quests, it just didn't feel like a chore to play. Battle system is also simple and combat so far is very easy maybe even too easy sometimes. Graphics are relatively good, character models look really nice even today but some environments look a bit tired compared to today's standarts. Ofcourse the game is not perfect by any means. For starters pc port is abysmal the fact that I needed to run a game in windowed mode several times just to trigger a cutscene is unacceptable and pre-rendered cutscenes look worse than the actual game is just wrong. Story so far wasn't very interesting except for a few good moments. I feel that a characters are the weakest part. I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan and there were no character I actually hated but in FFXIII there's a character named Hope and I can't stand the guy yet he plays huge role in the begining of the game(not going to give reasons why because don't want to spoil anything). Voice acting is hit or miss. Some characters sound really good but others... not so much.
    In conclusion you'll either love this game or you'll hate it. I would recommend it to anyone who's tired of all the open world games we're getting these days
  12. Mar 17, 2017
    I don't hate this game. I just find it very boring. It made me feel sleepy every time I played it. It's a beautiful game, no doubt. Those characters are pretty but not to my liking. The music is ok. The story is so so and the dialogue is dumb. Especially, I think the combat system is quite boring. I remember when this game was out on PS3 I was very looking forward to its PC version. NowI don't hate this game. I just find it very boring. It made me feel sleepy every time I played it. It's a beautiful game, no doubt. Those characters are pretty but not to my liking. The music is ok. The story is so so and the dialogue is dumb. Especially, I think the combat system is quite boring. I remember when this game was out on PS3 I was very looking forward to its PC version. Now after I have played so many excellent RPGs such as The Witcher 3 and Skyrim, I just feel that Final Fantasy XIII is not an interesting game. Expand
  13. Dec 17, 2016
    I'll start by saying that I love the world and combat mechanics. Absolutely hate the never ending quest lines (why are we still making games with these tedious quests...). Just to confirm I am not one of the kiddies that say "oh, it's so pretty, blah blah blah" I like story, but unfortunetly FF15 absolutely did NOT deliver on this! This story is so damn confusing I just never knowI'll start by saying that I love the world and combat mechanics. Absolutely hate the never ending quest lines (why are we still making games with these tedious quests...). Just to confirm I am not one of the kiddies that say "oh, it's so pretty, blah blah blah" I like story, but unfortunetly FF15 absolutely did NOT deliver on this! This story is so damn confusing I just never know what's going on! I am just really disappointed with it. It seems like they only focused on making the game pretty and make combat fun but the story sucks! How can you have such cool looking characters and not elaborate on them whatsoever (unlike basically every other FF game). That should be a GIVEN to the story line, it's freaking free to elaborate on the characters! A complicated story like FF15 wouldn't be so complicated if they explained things more often or built more foundation on what the hell is happening. I'm just getting pissed off writing this. I was looking so forward to this game for FF to make a come back but it's joined the "mindless, quest doing, pretty graphics, action packed dumb game" genre that the younger generation goes for. What a waste... Expand
  14. Dec 1, 2016
    Так, Final Fantasy 13, сюжет очень крутой 9/10. Геймплей 7/10, крутая боевая система . Фанаты серии ее не полюбили из-за начала.Они забросили ее в самом начале и не прошли до конца.
    Игра весьма коридорная и линейная,но после 7 главы линейность пропадает.
    Саундтрек 7/10. Игре ставлю 8/10. Спасибо за внимание.
    Игра весьма коридорная и линейная,но после 7 главы линейность пропадает.
    Саундтрек 7/10.
    Игре ставлю 8/10. Спасибо за внимание.
  15. Oct 31, 2016
    Final Fantasy XIII is filled with cringeworthy drama scenes, amateur acting, ridiculous setting and storyline topped with its attempted JRPG thrill that falls short of good. Add that 50 plus gigabyte worth of storage space, unstable performance, awkward camera movement, annoyingly repetitive gameplay, fights that never fail to feel like a household chore and you'll find yourself looking atFinal Fantasy XIII is filled with cringeworthy drama scenes, amateur acting, ridiculous setting and storyline topped with its attempted JRPG thrill that falls short of good. Add that 50 plus gigabyte worth of storage space, unstable performance, awkward camera movement, annoyingly repetitive gameplay, fights that never fail to feel like a household chore and you'll find yourself looking at such a big disappointment. Expand
  16. Aug 12, 2016
    The game is way to linear, and repetitive in fighting same enemies again and again. The battle system is almost like watching automated fights all the way long. It also takes some time to understand whats going on in the story.

17. May 30, 2016

I think unless you are not a hardcore fan of the FF series, there is no need to play it, since there are enough better JRPGs out there. Besides of that, I

Besides of that, I also had some issues with my Xbox One and PS4 Controllers on the PC.
  18. Apr 12, 2016
    There are few games that make me so sit on the fence as Final Fantasy 13(FF13 for short). On the one hand there are the splendid graphics which bring the characters to life and those are given depth by their own back story that is set against the overall story line. On the other hand is much of the background is simply overdone: everyone has a chip on his or her shoulder, an axe to grindThere are few games that make me so sit on the fence as Final Fantasy 13(FF13 for short). On the one hand there are the splendid graphics which bring the characters to life and those are given depth by their own back story that is set against the overall story line. On the other hand is much of the background is simply overdone: everyone has a chip on his or her shoulder, an axe to grind and a bone to pick. In addition the game play is aggravating by the continuous interruption with cut scenes and the story is a confused mess.

The best way to explain the game play is to imagine that it is like a movie inter spaced with fights. It is almost choice free too.There is just one path to follow, although sometimes you get to pick an alternative route to get around a group of enemies or use it to attack them from behind. There is nothing else to choose from in the dialog or the story line. It is all given and triggered at various points. You won't be selecting from dialog options, selecting quests, support a specific side over another or even get to choose what to do first.

The only choices in the game are related to the fights. There is the phase out side of combat, which is to prepare characters for battle by upgrading their equipment, assigning points to improve them and arranging battle tactics. This phase is as important, or even more so, than the tactics used in the fights.

The battles themselves are all about pressing buttons to execute preconfigured and auto generated stratagems as quickly as possible. The clock is relentless and can only be set to slow, which isn't that much slower than normal. You get rewarded for speed which increases the pressure to yank away at the buttons. Even more so because what you want to achieve is to stagger an opponent which is done with drowning them in magic as quickly as possible, which then allows to do a heap more damage with your normal attacks. This staggering only lasts for a short while so you have to hurry those normal attacks as well.

Even in relation to the battles most choices have been taken away. It takes a while before you get to choose whom to put in your teams. Up till then your teams are a given based on the story. You do not have much control over their upgrades. All upgrading follows a predefined path. You just add them when you got the experience points. Classes, called roles, are a given as well and only lateron you can assign all classes, which is a useless option as your character only excel in a few.. Trying to farm enemies is useless as you won't progress further until you reached a certain stage in the story.

With each switch to another group, forced upon by the story, you have to reconfigure your battle tactics, even if you get control over the same group of characters. And the storyline switches a lot and even changes the teams. At one time I got a team of two characters for a handful of fights(most fights taking around a minute) then the story switched to another group, and then yet another again after a few fights. Each sets of fights separated by several cut scenes running for up to five minutes each sometimes.

The biggest flaw in the narrative is the lack of focus. The story has six main characters each with different backgrounds and their own demons to fight and their skeletons in the closet. But those are just the playable ones. Next them there are various others who cannot be played but are also given time.
    Add to this that the story is told in bits and pieces.And with a world that is totally new, which is also revealed in bit and pieces, a lot of information is released piecemeal. After a while the tendency to just skip a tale and get on with the game is almost overwhelming.

At this point I actually have become so disinterested in the story that I am almost on the point of stopping with the game. But somehow it keeps me hoping that there will be something more just around the corner. And it seems to cultivate that feeling by offering new things at various times This is almost only related to combat, and by now I seriously doubt that the game will anything else than a wholly linear button smashing experience.

Nice.. but in the end boring as well.
  19. Mar 10, 2016
    Picked this up on Steam Sale.

15 hours in and the story is a strange mix of confusing and blindingly obvious to the player but not the characters. For some reason the characters feel the need to react with a gasp and stare down the camera lens rather than just say "What do you mean?" or "Tell me what you know!" The characters are unnecessarily childish, even the weird old guy who
    Picked this up on Steam Sale.

The characters are unnecessarily childish, even the weird old guy who happily goes along with it all. Your girlfriend tells you she is breaking up with you without giving a reason. Do you ask why, or fall down on your hands and knees and punch the floor hopelessly? Their outfits never change either, during flashbacks or otherwise, which I found particularly irritating given the game's focus on aesthetics.

There is no open world, just long corridors. The locations may have looked good in 2010 but they are very repetitive now (this is perhaps a harsh criticism due to the game's age). The whole game thus far has been a series of paths with a few battles and cutscenes on the way to a boss fight. You can't get lost.

The battles themselves bounce between challenging, tedious, fun, and flat out awesome. You only control one character, and control is a loose term - more of a suggestion of what that character does. The fights are much quicker, which can be fun, and swapping paradigms, or stances - like tank, dps, healer, buffer, debuffer - can be quite fun. However, for 99% of the game so far you only have 2 out of 3 character slots filled as you switch between pairs of characters, sometimes leaving you with a tank and a healer to try and kill an enemy with a large HP pool. Not impossible, but not necessary either. Having Lightning in your team makes things much more fun however, and the stagger system combined with the paradigms can make for some interesting gameplay. 75% of battles though can just be won by mashing one button, but that is just simplifying the repetitive actions from previous FF games of selecting the most effective attack for most of the trash/grind battles.

Not great at all, but I will try and finish it.
  20. Dec 26, 2015
    good game. graphics cutscenes sondtrack are amazing but i did not like scenario. battle system is turn based and i don't like that. despite of battle system i had fun when i played. it is good game
  21. Sep 27, 2015
    Des couloirs à plus finir, une histoire mignone, candide, trop pour moi. Les mécaniques de jeu mettent 20 heures à se déployer (sans déconner) et même rendu là, je trouve les combats répétitifs et ennuyeux.
    Il est beau, ça oui, et les cinématiques sont de grandes qualités pour certaines quoique c'est parfois bizarre les différences de direction artistique qu'il peut y avoir entre elles (ou de techniques de réalisation, je ne sais pas).
    J'ai lâché l'affaire au bout d'une vingtaine d'heures, avec la sensation d'avoir été pris pour un con. (Oui ça m'a prit 20h, parce que je suis têtu pis j'avais sans cesse l'espoir que le fun arrive mais non...)
  22. Aug 1, 2015
    Maybe it's not FFVII, maybe it don't have open world, but it's great game. Epic battle system, fantastic animations, great story, good graphics. I have mid-end pc and everything is good.

One of the best games, 8/10.
  23. Jul 24, 2015
    This game is extremely long and extremely boring. A two hour long tutorial starts things off badly, but the game just never really takes off. There's just nothing here - no good plot, no memorable characters, no interesting world. IT is just dullsville.

The only thing that the game really has going for it is the graphics, but even they aren't that impressive, especially not by modern standards.

The linearity is annoying but... it isn't really the problem. But they didn't even try to disguise it, or any of the other weaknesses of the game.
  24. Jun 27, 2015
    addictive and keeps me busy on the bog. Great fan service and mithril earning is fair, not needed to buy gems yet and got most content done and been lucky with loot. Enjoying
  25. Jun 12, 2015
    Let's start with a simple phrase: this game is BORING.
    In terms of gameplay and story it's just a harsh mess which is didn't even know what the hell its wants to be. I played this game for 74 hoping it will get fun and exciting but no. It isn't.
    Let's start with a simple phrase: this game is BORING.
    If during first 30 hours u can at least enjoy beautiful cutscenes, then after you will arrive on Gran Pulse the game will slow down to a crawl do to insanly high hp numbers of enemies.
    The second frustrating thing is terrible upgrade system of weapons and accessories. They are different on paper, but in fact their bonuses or synthesis benefits didn't having any visible impacts during combat.
    Combat mechanics is long boring and repetitive
    Ai is plain stupid.
    Bosses are annoying and often make the long and boring combat even worse
    The pulse missions are unrewarding because the rewards are another junk accessories that u will never use.
    Stay away from this game at all costs unless u wish to lose any interest to play jrpg's as genre
  26. Jun 5, 2015
    the story of this game sucks and is hard to follow, the gameplay is pretty good despite being a crapp wireframed ps3 , a lot of the bosses in the game are stupid (orpahn) voice acting is cheesy, but some of the fights can be exciting
  27. Jun 1, 2015
    I have loved the FF franchise to death and hated it at least as much as I once loved it. The last game in the series that I consider a thorough success with nothing held back is n°6, a 1994 game. Every instance since, FF7, 8, 10, 12(others were MMOs and 9 was a somewhat poor throwback) has been suffering from a long list of deadly problems, all of which were about the story, characters andI have loved the FF franchise to death and hated it at least as much as I once loved it. The last game in the series that I consider a thorough success with nothing held back is n°6, a 1994 game. Every instance since, FF7, 8, 10, 12(others were MMOs and 9 was a somewhat poor throwback) has been suffering from a long list of deadly problems, all of which were about the story, characters and writing of the games. XII even took the luxury of being terrible in both story/characters and gameplay.

After 15 years of a long, painful walk through the dirt, soiling the corpse of Final Fantasy further at every game, I had lost all hope that this series would get back to its original purpose: to give us a grand epic of a tale, centered around cast of 5-15 characters, each of them bringing his flavor to the mix, and all creating a beautiful, firey adventure that I can enjoy playing through again and again. From 7 on, the games were far too focused up the writers a*ses to provide us with anything else than emo, pretentious or outright stupid characters.

I used to come back to this series as a fan with a constant "yeah but" mindset whenever I picked a game.

XIII is not going to change that. When I started the game, I strongly expected the "yeah" to be quickly overshadowed by the "but".

I was wrong.
    DEAD WRONG.

This game is good. It is very, very good. The first true-blood, honest-to-goodness, classic-like Final Fantasy that I've been waiting on for fifteen years.

Now to say that the "but" didn't exist or that the game is flawless would be a gross exaggeration. But the very fact that they managed to revive that little flame inside me, that feeling that I was going through a grand epic tale, that when I stood upon a hill on the Gran Pulse plain and I watched the surroundings, and a heartfelt "wow" about the world I was in came out of me...that alone makes this game a wonder to me.

Besides my general appreciation for the game's spirit and respect for the FF legacy, here are the good and bad points:

The Great:
    -Lightning(I really like this psycho unstable woman that turns into a capable military leader in a seamless way)

The Good:
    -Excellent gameplay that demands constant attention and thinking
    -Good music
    -Top notch visuals(for 2009 the game is incredible, for today, it looks pretty good still)
    -Crafting system is complex and helps the player a lot
    -Good animation and some awesome cutscenes
    -Overall a good to great cast of characters except Snow

The meh
    -Gameplay is great but on first playthrough it requires an obnoxious amount of trial and error
    -Linearity harms replayability
    -Cutscenes are good but abused, too many of them
    -Too much repetition and sameness in the conversations

The bad:
    -Terrible writing
    -Terrible level design

Both of these make a 10/10 game fall very short of its potential.

Level design is the most important to understand the false critics that are driven towards this game. People complain that it's too linear: every single FF has always been very linear. Every last one. But in the others, although you entered an area with one way in and one way out, the areas were well designed. You felt like you were in a labyrinth, or a dungeon, or a cave, or something. It didn't constantly feel like you were walking down the one and only path laid out in front of you. The obnoxiousness of the hallway level design is what makes a lot of people moan about the linearity, despite the fact that this game is not more linear than FFX or FF7. It does suffer from a worse linearity than let's say FF6, but the real issue is that the linearity is extremely poorly designed and hidden. Whoever designed the levels here should be fired.

As for the writing, let's be frank: while Vanille, Fang, Lightning, Sazh, Hope, and even Snow, can be, and in their own way ARE the real, well-rounded, enjoyable, lovable, despicable characters I think all FFs should have, they are all terribly written. Lightning comes off as the best out of the pack, and she is, but in no way does the shi*ty writing do justice to her tormented character. The idea of an encyclopedia inside your game to understand your game is already an admission of writer failure. You have to tell your story as it unfolds, not have the people watch it then go to your wiki to understand what the hell they just saw.

The terrible writing makes a ton of interesting cutscenes automatic skips because of how cliche and lame the characters talk.And although the story is fairly simple, the horrid writing can't even get that exposed/explained properly.

LD and writing are the only truly deadly complaints about this game, and I can understand very well that it might turn off a lot of people from the game.

But it is a fact to me that XIII is the first true FF in 15 years. It has given me a cast I can love and remember(except Snow), a story I can be amazed with, and tons of gameplay and art qualities. Despite the two terrible points, it is an amazing game.
  28. Apr 15, 2015
    I was worried about this game and i do have to say it was disappointment, the only good part about this game is that the main character was interesting with the other ones but i didn't enjoy playing through this game.
  29. Apr 9, 2015
    For those of you who are concerned about the quality of the port from PS3 to PC, I can tell you that the port is pretty good - which is the only reason I am giving this a 10/10. Some of the people expressing concern over the port quality are probably expressing concern over the way it was at the initial PC release (which was a bit of a disaster), but the latest version runs great in 1080pFor those of you who are concerned about the quality of the port from PS3 to PC, I can tell you that the port is pretty good - which is the only reason I am giving this a 10/10. Some of the people expressing concern over the port quality are probably expressing concern over the way it was at the initial PC release (which was a bit of a disaster), but the latest version runs great in 1080p and looks pretty good for a game originally released in 2010. If I bought the game at initial release, I probably would have been irritated too - but it's fine now.

Regarding the quality of the game otherwise (e.g. the story, gameplay, progression, etc.), I would rank it in around the middle by comparison to every other FF game (of which I have played and beaten all). My main gripe is that sometimes SE just really can't write a coherent story. Think about how good and how coherent the storylines are in your favorite movies, and then ask yourself how the FF13 story compares.
  30. Mar 30, 2015
    This is the best ff13 game and all of kd is crying because there is no graphics settings, there is with the new official patch or use gedosato mod.
    bettlesystem is not that bad in ff13 is better than what we gonna get in ff15 ala gta devil may cry game..
    This game is pretty good with the gameplot, characters and voice acting and the music to..
    yeah its a linear game but what? i dont care.
  31. Feb 17, 2015
    Port as port is tragic but game is very good. Just you know, graphic is nice, the same goes for gameplay. Story... Lots of people say that it's suck but I think that it is just too complicated. What more? Game has low hardware requirements but oh well, it takes over 60 GB on your hard disk. Hope you enjoy guys!
  32. Feb 16, 2015
    Worst game I have ever played and I started playing on my Gameboy about 20 years ago.

Annoying characters (especially that emo-crybaby and that wannabe- Paris Hilton- Barbie), horrible and hectical fighting system (why the **** the game ends, when Lightning is defeated, even though there are other characters who could easily revive her?), mega linear maps (basically just one direction- alleyways), annoying music, that repeats itself and repeats itself until your brain goes numb. Besides that the actual game gets interupted with cutscenes every 10 minutes or so, so there is no fluent gameplay at all.

I even enjoyed playing Ride to Hell: Retribution more than this, that game made you laugh at least, while FFXIII just makes me angry as hell. So **** this game, **** it to oblivion.
  33. Feb 11, 2015
    The instructions for playing game is a dismal failure when you can't get past the opening, the keyboard setup is just plain stupid. I can only assume that it gets worse, if you can past area 1 aka the beach.
  34. Jan 1, 2015
    With release of FF XIII-2 squenix also patched FF XIII and earlier graphical problems are mostly gone. Its now playable in higher resolution so earlier port problems are mostly gone.
    Game itself is ... well its not great but it kinda grows on you. I started from anger to actually looking forward to seeing what next location brings. That said, game is linear as hell, basically locked in corridors so if you like more open gameplay (like in FF 7 or 8) you're going to be dissapointed. Combat on the other hand is much more enjoyable and it really helped me getting through first hours of game.
    Solid 7/10 considering very low price is really good deal.
  35. Dec 29, 2014
    People here doesn't seem to understand that this is last-gen game, not current.
    This game was made in 2010.
    Square Enix made big mistake for not making this game on PC same time with Xbox 360 and PS3. They decided to make PC port 4 years later and you people really expect them to spend much money and time to make this to PC as current gen game, when they already have last gen? If you
    People here doesn't seem to understand that this is last-gen game, not current.
    This game was made in 2010.

If you do you really live in wonderland where everything must be perfect.
    This is game from 2010 and also is the price.

This is now 8,70€ in Steam, so nobody should expect it to be current gen game.
  36. Dec 14, 2014
    So disappointed. Good criteria: Graphics and audios great. Bad criteria: Too linear (go to "Destination/Indication/Marking point and fight bosses), no explorations (towns), no challenging/complex quest at all, no variety in many aspects (equipment/missions/side mission etc), one button game, computer assist in battle and insane difficulty in every monster you encounter. If you expect thisSo disappointed. Good criteria: Graphics and audios great. Bad criteria: Too linear (go to "Destination/Indication/Marking point and fight bosses), no explorations (towns), no challenging/complex quest at all, no variety in many aspects (equipment/missions/side mission etc), one button game, computer assist in battle and insane difficulty in every monster you encounter. If you expect this game to be better than FF 12, don't bother buying it. Expand
  37. Dec 12, 2014
    its not about a quick cash scheme for the release of the final fantasy trilogy to pc.over 40million dollars was used to bring final fantasy only to the consoles and its didnt sells very good and they lost a lot of money.its only right for them to make a profit and squareinix remains the best unlike their counterpart ubisoft who doesnt know how to port console games to pc like far cry 4 andits not about a quick cash scheme for the release of the final fantasy trilogy to pc.over 40million dollars was used to bring final fantasy only to the consoles and its didnt sells very good and they lost a lot of money.its only right for them to make a profit and squareinix remains the best unlike their counterpart ubisoft who doesnt know how to port console games to pc like far cry 4 and assassins creed unity Expand
  38. Dec 3, 2014
    This game is awesome as the other ones.. 720p is not even bad.. the only problem is the huge fps drop.. The plot is great as always and get over the lag for gods sake
  39. Nov 27, 2014
    Not a great port, but Square is updating those issues with a few patches. December they will patch the game to support 1080p and graphics settings.

Game now runs fine for me after the first patch so I have no performance issues. In regards to how FFXIII fares itself, it can be hit and miss. The story is mediocre, but the battle system and the endgame on Gran Pulse is great fun. I've

In regards to how FFXIII fares itself, it can be hit and miss. The story is mediocre, but the battle system and the endgame on Gran Pulse is great fun. I've spent 40 hours on the initial story and 20+ hours on the endgame and counting.

It is basically a grind though for the most part as you'll basically go from battle to battle with very little to distract you. As a recent JRPG, it's a good game, but as a Final Fantasy it's quite disappointing.
  40. Nov 26, 2014
    Well, I understand there MUST be some hesitation from Square Enix to port this-a game that created from PC that was on console to be back to the PC again. But really, why they make it to PC anyway? a quick cash?
    Am I the only one that feels this game was half-assedly ported to PC?
    Am I the only one that feels this game was half-assedly ported to PC?
    FPS. There's no option to lock the FPS, or heck, THERE IS NO GRAPHICAL SETTING in the option menu. I'm experiencing unstable FPS like 30 that suddenly turn to 60, and I don't really fancy the 60 FPS in this game. Then there's "press esc to exit". It really put me on edge. What if I punch the esc button on the keyboard while fighting againts a really challenging boss, of course the game will be exited, without warning or confirmation, THAT would be a total downer.

a PC ported game should be an upgrade, or at least retain the same quality from the console.
    if not, then it would not worth the cash. and this is exactly what happens to this game, not worth it.
    Should have expected this from Square Enix, but we try to believe they would make a blast with this game. Yes, a blast they did, a blast to ruin this game.

Should have stick to PS3.

the story and the game mechanic is still the same with the console, which I really like.
    all in all, it's a good game but this PC-ported is a total downer.

Don't buy it if you don't want to waste $15
  41. Nov 24, 2014
    esse game é sensacional , viciante, tem uma otima estoria,valeu muito apena joga-lo,espero que a square lançe o restante pra pc. se vc tem tem duvida em compra-lo, nao tenha mais, o port nao ficou bom, mas nao ta tao ruim como dizem
  42. Nov 21, 2014
    Good game. Addicting battle system, hate the friend ai.
    Major issues are:
    - linear progression (like a 20 hours corridor)
    - boring and useless farming system (love cheat engine for this).
  43. Nov 12, 2014
    It's kind of amazing how ungratefull some people are...

Of course it's a direct port from consoles. But they made it. And it cheap like dirt. Some pixel indie games costs more. Year ago every console gamer played at 720p and it was ok! BUT now it's 2014!! Boo-hoo While playing with gamepad there's absolutely no problem with gameplay It's a good tendency that some developers making
    It's kind of amazing how ungratefull some people are...

While playing with gamepad there's absolutely no problem with gameplay
    It's a good tendency that some developers making ports for their games on PC even 3 years later their release date on consoles. We should suppurt them... not spit them in the face
  44. Oct 20, 2014
    Heyyo, I rate this game 6 / 10 but since people are rating it 0/10 even though it's NOT that bad? I'll do the opposite to be fair. With performance fixes and screen resolution? I'd bump this up to 8/10.

The game's got A LOT of story... A LOT. It's quite compressed by how linear it is so unlike an open world game? You don't have a lot of time to sort through the information in between. It does make this game less of a grind-fest compared to previous Final Fantasy games and I enjoy this change.

The combat is quite a lot more basic compared to previous games... but also? There's no menu-pause in combat unlike other games in the genre AND you queue up multiple moves instead of just one at a time. I do quite enjoy the combat in this game and with the paragdim shifts? It does have strategy.. more-so than the odd and broken combat in "The Last Remnant". So overal? It's a fun jRPG to play as long as you know that it's a linear game for the first 15 hours. After that? You get an open world once you get to the planet surface.

Now... let's talk about the game engine. It uses Crystal Tools which Square Enix used previously on PC with Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn and Dragon Quest X... sadly? It looks more like they ported the console version of Crystal Tools 1.0 instead of just porting the game to v1.1 or whatever version FF XIV ARR uses... so it's got some bad performance issues especially on older PCs. It's almost unplayable which is crazy when you think when FF XIII was released on PS3 and Xbox 360? That was 2009. It makes no sense to me why this game even runs bad on my rig... using GeDoSaTo to disable the HUD in combat? 60 fps... the HUD is what hampers the framerate lol.
  45. Oct 19, 2014
    720p, and 30 fps. This is unacceptable. Especially on the PC. When you say "ignore it because you can mod it", you are part of the problem. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO MOD A FINISHED GAME TO MAKE IT PLAYABLE. And for some people the mod doesn't work. Otherwise a good game, PC players shouldn't be subjected to crappy ports. I'd be a little madder if it wasn't $15. So still worth it hoping they720p, and 30 fps. This is unacceptable. Especially on the PC. When you say "ignore it because you can mod it", you are part of the problem. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO MOD A FINISHED GAME TO MAKE IT PLAYABLE. And for some people the mod doesn't work. Otherwise a good game, PC players shouldn't be subjected to crappy ports. I'd be a little madder if it wasn't $15. So still worth it hoping they patch this crap soon. Black bar simulator looks rediculous. Expand
  46. Oct 18, 2014
    i dont know, but the entire game is like running on hallways. yes, there are different surroundings, but the boring feeling of running and running is just there. it's linear compared from the previous parts. no more leveling system. no more ff-standard loots. no more exploration. you just need to follow the target location. keep running on long, wide space hallways. story is fine.i dont know, but the entire game is like running on hallways. yes, there are different surroundings, but the boring feeling of running and running is just there. it's linear compared from the previous parts. no more leveling system. no more ff-standard loots. no more exploration. you just need to follow the target location. keep running on long, wide space hallways. story is fine. character dramas still there. but, the over all gameplay, what happen? ff12 is better. still, i keep playing just to finish the game. good thing i like vanille. lol! Expand
  47. Oct 15, 2014
    For the record my rating is: i like (10) and i don't like (0), not saying 10 is a perfect game, my ratings don't work like that, simply i either like, or i don't.

The game itself is bad, the port is mediocre due to the lack of options we could have, such as set a resolution, but i still like it. The Soundtrack is probably the best part of the game, people spend a lot of time in

The Soundtrack is probably the best part of the game, people spend a lot of time in pretty much "corridors" until it gets interesting, and when it gets interesting, for those who didn't give up it's nice, not really nice but nice, i wish this was a somewhat open world game like all other Final fantasy games i've played, or at least that i could travel from place to place somehow and discover a lot of secrets.

SPOILER AHEAD: Anyway, people spend a LOT of hours doing pretty much the same before it gets interesting, and that's frustrating, it's normal people don't like the games, the story itself could have been a lot better if characters had some depth, in the first mission there's a whole lot of people dying and the characters don't seem to care at all.

Thanks to Durante we can unlock the base resolution and the game looks a LOT better, making it enjoyable to play over the PS3 version i've never finished due to boredom, overall i like this game despite the first part that's boring.
  48. Oct 14, 2014
    I am glad they actually took the time to port this console exclusive over to PC. I did not mind it being 720p because the game looks great even on my 2560x1440 monitor. That doesn't mean devs should neglect putting more options for a PC port.

If you do not have a controller plugged into a USB port on your computer your game will stutter making it nearly unplayable. I had all the settings in the nVidia control panel turned up for this game and it fixes the unstable fps. Still have the frame rate drop in between battles but not as bad.

Aside from the bad port, the game was great. I had a lot of fun playing it on my PC. Wish future ports will be better.
  49. Oct 14, 2014
    I was a little desapointed by the careless job squre enix did converting this console exclusive game to PC , while I was shocked that I will be playing the game on 720p
    However and with the fix of GedoSaTo , the game turned to be amazing , even though the plug in need more fixes for lags and strutting .
    The cinematics are amazing as usual , the game play is progressive and turns more strategic latter to diversify the game mechanics , I was actually impressed that you could go more than 6h of gameplay and still see tutorials .The graphics are very ok , remember this is a Final Fantasy Game and should be compared to its predecessors not with Skyrim as most PC gamers mistakenly do .
    Music is loyal to the FF charm, and the story make sense most of the time and the voice acting is amazing on either Jap or Eng.
    Also you will be playing a good amount of time ( Generally 65h as per howlongtobeat website)
    Overall , this game is very acceptable and merits a verdict note of 8.5 including Gedosato if not then
    a 6
    I really want to give a chance to this type of games , so that we can see more console exclusive for the long forgotten PC gamers like us , and since a lot of people rated it 4 because of the port , then I will give it a 10 for a fair total average
  50. Oct 14, 2014
    The cap of 30fps and 720p it's only for **** the pc gamers. **** you Square Enix, **** you.
    They probably think: Oh! with the cap, the pc gamers will buy a console and play in the future.
  51. Oct 13, 2014
    I've been playing this game for 8 hours now, and so far I'm enjoying it. The port imo is pretty good, it runs surprisingly well on my toaster (Core 2 Duo E8400 @3,00 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, Geforce 9600 GT), and I don't mind the 720p lock. It doesn't stutter, it runs almost flawless, for me it looks beautiful and so far I didn't run in any bugs yet.

The story is interesting, the characters are

The story is interesting, the characters are great and the game-play is neither too easy, nor too hard, just fun. I've played most of the games in the series, and this one isn't as bad as others say. It's really worth the price.
  52. Oct 13, 2014
    GeDoSaTo : 19/10
    FFXIII: 1/10

This is the best looking game in the FF series EVER, and will trump FF15s visuals thanks to the wonderful graphics mod available and the high quality textures that the game was built for. Sure it may be linear and riddled with long cut-scenes, but I doubt anyone is going to complain if they actually follow the story.
  53. Oct 13, 2014
    People here are complaining for the smallest of reasons. This game is a visual treat with some of the best music in games. It is an AAA RPG which is linear for most of the game. Remember when we were blaming Square Enix for launching it only on the consoles? Well its here finally on PC now so stop complaining and start getting immersed in the world of FFXIII
  54. Oct 13, 2014
    Yes, may be you can't change any and graphic settings here but that fact doesn't change game is beautiful and intersting to play. I like these video clips and details of personages is very good, escpecially for 2009 year of release. If you want a best graphics then go to play in Ryse bacause FFXIII is not a game of 2014 year and we have 5 years old graphics here. I already have this gameYes, may be you can't change any and graphic settings here but that fact doesn't change game is beautiful and intersting to play. I like these video clips and details of personages is very good, escpecially for 2009 year of release. If you want a best graphics then go to play in Ryse bacause FFXIII is not a game of 2014 year and we have 5 years old graphics here. I already have this game on ps3 but I was glad to find it on pc! By the way you actually can change resolution try to use instructions on Steam. Collapse
  55. Oct 12, 2014
    Ignore the many negative scores. This is an excellent game that you just have to use a mod to get it to be 1080p and at the $15 price tag people need to chill the flip out. It's ridiculous to give a game a 1 or a 0 because it starts out in 720 and you have to patch to 1080.
  56. Oct 12, 2014
    FFXIII is ok game that tries to break certain traditional JRPG gameplay conventions but fails miserably. Reasons for that are so obvious that it makes you wonder if the game developers playtested the game at all before releasing it. As a person who had never played FFXIII or read reviews of it before it was released at Steam I was surprised to see how low the series has fallen.

I'll try

I'll try to keep this review short and I won't go into specifics of why most of the role-playing aspects of the game are flawed beyond any measure. FFXIII isn't an RPG game (although that's pretty subjective thing). The reason I say that is because the core design of the RPG elements is a broken mess. There are also broken features that should have been removed from the game before the release (such as the inventory management which is useless in a game such as this one). There also are no towns or any kind of hubs in this game (they were apparently redeemed useless feature and removed from the game).

The director of FFXIII probably took drugs while doing this game because the camera always follows events in a such a way (esp. in action scenes) that player cannot track the scene and understand what's happening. And that's a bad thing because most of the time spent with the game is spent watching lengthy pre-rendered cutscenes filled with action player never gets to experience during the actual gameplay.

The game is one lengthy tutorial of various things. FFXIII will keep constantly introducing player new stuff. The game also heavily underestimates intelligence of its own audience. When I broke five hour mark the game was still introducing new gameplay stuff to me in forms of new battle mechanics. Soon after it added simple level up system that's nothing more than glorified "use points to buy character development" but it's presented as a really complicated semi-linear 3D tree of things that makes it seem more complicated than what it in reality is.

The level designers were obviously on drugs since everything is a linear path forward (well, mostly). But they're one of the better looking pipes ever. The writing of the game is horrible and the characters are mostly horrible personalities that player has trouble in relating to. Lightning especially. She's not this "mysterious older sister" who wants to protect her little sister. Character development portion of the game is just fail. I don't want to analyse it deeply here. Let me just say that I'm willing to bet that Lightning is the reason why FFXIII-2 and LR:FFXIII failed. You cannot build a game trilogy that uses such a personality lacking character as its keystone.

The best things about the FFXIII are the visual design of the game and the sounds. Visual design is just marvellous although it lacks some central point where you'd aim your interest at. It's full of small details and things that make it really beautiful but it makes the big picture really difficult to see. Soundscape is interesting and well designed. Most of the music is nothing special but there's nothing particularly bad about it.

However the Windows-PC port kind of ruins some of these aspects. It's based on Xbox 360 version which apparently had audio and visual issues. Things such as shadows are being drawn wrong or are missing entirely. Hair of the characters looks awful providing stark contrast to the cutscenes. Or some sounds being lower quality (to make it fit into DVD format Xbox 360 uses) than in PS3 version. All of those issues are present in Windows-PC version not to mention that the port introduces few issues on its own.

Unlike what Square-Enix wrote about the game, it is not optimised for PCs. Usually PC games support multiple resolutions, FFXIII supports only one. That resolution being 720p. That's probably the worst issue with the port. Another issue is that keyboard and mouse cannot be fully binded to keys of your own choosing outside few limited keys. I didn't have issues with the size of the game. There are 25GBs of prerendered videos with the game. And since the game comes with the Japanese audio that size is doubled.

English voice acting in FFXIII was better than usually in these games but the Japanese voice acting is so much better that I ended up playing with the Japanese audio and English subtitles. It felt more natural.

Overall the FFXIII for Steam is fairly standard port of Xbox 360 game. It has all the standard faults and then some. But it's fully playable game that works and you will not encounter many bugs. It's a decently good port. I'm giving it neutral 6/10 because of the game itself and not because of the port. Overall I wouldn't probably recommend this unless player is keen Final Fantasy fan or interested in new Final Fantasy games. Average player probably doesn't have what it takes to sit through this game. This just isn't very good game and can be boring at times. However it's entertaining most of the time.
  57. Oct 12, 2014
    Final Fantasy XIII is an amazing game if u use the GeDoSaTo Tool. I loved the Mods and the Kristarium
    Techs to Build up the Characters. The Graphics are also stunning and the fighting system plays as well.
    So finally check this game out it´s a great peace of a cake.
  58. Oct 11, 2014
    Yes, the port is bad, but the graphics are easily fixed by the GeDoSaTo mod (1mb download), and the game controls perfectly with an Xbox 360 Controller. Don't let these minor issues dishearten you from buying this unbelievable game.
  59. Oct 11, 2014
    Like every one else who was wondering if this will be another bad console port, had their fears come true.
    This is truly bad console port and not just 'bad' its THE BAD console port. So to explain that a bit:
    frame rate is locked at 60fps (or so they say) and its true game is running at 60fps half the time but cut scenes run at 30 fps coz of game engine limitations and what not, which would be fine imo if the game didn't have micro stutter whole time and sudden fps drops everywhere. For something that is more like interactive movie this can be extremely annoying.
    Resolution is locked at 1280x720 and you can't change it without mods.
    Over all cut scene quality is low it feels more like xbox port with lower res cut scenes.

How ever game comes with Japanese dub as well as English one, so that's only thing that sets it apart from console version at cost of rather high waste of space (50 gb installation)

Over all its the same game with all those nice additions stated above.

For those who never played it:
    Game was rather poorly received at start because it felt more like interactive movie. Basically you are in dungeon 80% of time and rather linear one as there is hardly anything to do on side beside following the straight line at which end there is cut scene and boss fight sometimes only cut scene and you repeat that for 80% of the game till it finally opens up.
    But even then there is only few boring 'quests' to do which are locked behind grind wall as things that you have to kill for those are too 'hard' for your level at least.
    Or you can ignore all that and just finish the game as final missions ain't that hard.

And that's whole problem, game is too easy, combat at first seems interesting but soon enough you will spam one button whole fight where game decided what skills are best used for situation.
    That why i said it feels more like interactive movie then game. You don't even need game pad to play it as one button is enough...

Over all i would give it even lower score how ever they at least put decent price for this blasphemy - only 13 euro on steam (13 was truly unlucky number for this franchise)

So if you don't own the console but really want to play it, might be worth to buy it mostly thanks to durante
    and his gedosato tool as it fixes lot of game issues.
    My advice be sure to download that if you decided for some reason to buy this.
  60. Oct 10, 2014
    Worst port of 2014 so far. A slap in pc gamers faces. They just have no shame, to port a game like that, with 720p lock and no graphical options in 2014. I suggest everybody ask for a refund so Squenix learn their lesson
  61. Oct 10, 2014
    Pese a los problemas que tiene en el aspecto gráfico(bloqueo de resolución y falta de opciones a cambiar,que espero que se solucione con un parche)pienso que es un gran videojuego al que tenia muchas ganas y que no me esta decepcionando en absoluto,la verdad me parece que poner a un videojuego un 0 por que no se pueda configurar es exageradisimo,pero bueno,los haters están al acechoPese a los problemas que tiene en el aspecto gráfico(bloqueo de resolución y falta de opciones a cambiar,que espero que se solucione con un parche)pienso que es un gran videojuego al que tenia muchas ganas y que no me esta decepcionando en absoluto,la verdad me parece que poner a un videojuego un 0 por que no se pueda configurar es exageradisimo,pero bueno,los haters están al acecho siempre,sea un juego bueno o no. Expand
  62. Oct 10, 2014
    What we Got here another Cash grab by Square Enix no thought for PC owners at all - badly ported game totally unacceptable.. there are no graphics options at all NONE. what were Square Enix thinking here? do not buy this game put your cash to better use.
  63. Oct 9, 2014
    Do. Not. Buy.

Don't even waste time pirating this piece of **** This game will change your PC to a last-gen console.
    Square Enix done it again, this is one of the absolute worst ports I've ever seen.

720p LOCK, how's that? how's 720p work out for you PC gamers out there, in 2014? And no boring graphical settings of any sort, cool right?

What a **** joke.
  64. Oct 9, 2014
    Thanks SQUARE ENIX I played this title on the Playstation 3 but never finished it and now I get to play the game exactly how It was in 2009 same resolution, and none of those pesky optimization options that are all the rage these days. This game has essentially turned my gaming PC into a last generation console.
  65. Oct 9, 2014
    720p locked? Really?
    Come on boys, this is 2014.......like hashtag literally.

Buy the game if you've had a bit too much absinthe and don't mind the distorted pixels otherwise save your money
  66. Oct 9, 2014
    Do not spend your money on this game until/unless they sort out the 720p lock. 720p is not acceptable! No graphics options, no AA, AF or basic options. I loaded it up and just searched for basic settings. No exit button in the game menu, just an escape to exit. This game is the single worst port i've ever had the misfortune of opening up on steam and then closing down in disgust. SquareDo not spend your money on this game until/unless they sort out the 720p lock. 720p is not acceptable! No graphics options, no AA, AF or basic options. I loaded it up and just searched for basic settings. No exit button in the game menu, just an escape to exit. This game is the single worst port i've ever had the misfortune of opening up on steam and then closing down in disgust. Square Enix should be ashamed that they had the balls to charge for this crap! Expand
  67. Oct 9, 2014
    Game works but has numerous problems for pc.

Locked to 720p
    Framerate fluctuates from 60-30 on high end system
    Cutscenes locked to 30fps@720 despite being 50gb in filesize
    Esc button closes down game without any warning
    No graphics options what so ever, not even basic AA although you can force them if you wish.
  68. Oct 9, 2014
    final fantasy 13 on the pc looks amazing its a crazy good good looking game however the problems with the final fantasy formula still remain its a mess of a rpg that doesn't know what to do next its confused and doesn't know to make you keep playing this game is still the same boring game as on xbox 360 its a really really boring game
  69. Oct 13, 2014

1. Dec 23, 2014
    The mystery of what FFXIII holds is far more pleasing than the experience itself.
  2. Nov 30, 2014
    With a story that would be considered nothing special, FFXII shines with its fast-paced combat and challenging difficulty. Although it introduces many changes to the series, it provides a good amount of things to explore providing hours of fun.
  3. Oct 30, 2014
    Parts of Final Fantasy XIII are worth the absurd amount of time it takes to properly open up, but this port is a big letdown.