9.4

1. Dec 11, 2021
    Absolute failure of a launch being excused by rabid fanboys who have nothing else to do but to argue and defend a six-billion-dollar corporation because they can't get in the game.
    Queues even a week later are long, errors remain. Even the worst WoW launch was sorted out 2-3 days later.
    Rating this 0 as I cannot get into a game that I pay MONTHLY FEE for.
  2. Dec 29, 2021
    Atm addon is unplayable. The best queue simulator. With monthly sub!!! Well done, Square Enix! The addon is simply unplayable due to the 3-8 hour queues (sorry, but I only have 1 hour to play in the evening). Best way to waste money... 3 weeks from start and addon still unplayable. And all compensation we got - 7 free days of sub.
  3. Dec 21, 2021
    Great story, fun gameplay, wonderful music. And none of it matters because login servers are **** They fully knew it was going to be like this and have done nothing of substance to alleviate it.
  4. Dec 18, 2021
    Average 3 hours to connect, only to get a bug (lose controller, lose sound) or a disconnect and start again from the bottom of the queue.
    Lack of endgame content : no raid, no expert craft, no tribe reputations.
    Lack of endgame content : no raid, no expert craft, no tribe reputations.
    To be fair the story is good and some of the new dungeons are beautiful (especially the 3rd one), I would rate a 7 or 8 without the login issues, but so far it is just disappointing and not enough content to be worth waking at 5 to skip the queue.
  5. Dec 22, 2021
    If you're looking for a PvP scene in an MMORPG. Final Fantasy is not for you.
    If you like drawn out cut scenes and want to play an RPGMMO not an MMORPG, then this game is for you.
  6. Dec 18, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Passage obligatory to continue the adventure of FINAL FANTASY XIV but for me this DLC is the worst since the release of the game, not worse than the 1.0 but the worst DLC.
    - Very few new skills and for the few that there are they are not great
    - The story, strong point of FINAL FANTASY is boring to perfection before the 5th new map
    - The speed of the mounts on the new maps can be increased but ONLY on the ground and therefore we end up going faster by galloping than by flying
    - Healers heal so little and tanks are so cardboard that 2 poor monster packs in dungeon and you have to be ready to smack invulnerability at any time

In short, this DLC was a total failure for me and I am clearly specifying for me.
  7. Dec 17, 2021
    The game itself is 10 out of 10, but there is lots of problems when they launch a new expansion. Lots of queue, disconects, price too high and they charge you using all they can, buy the game, buy expansions, buy cosmetics, buy monthly subscription and here in Brazil we get ping 200+. I do not understand why they do not use scalable servers, like Amazon WS, it would be better for every one.
  8. Dec 14, 2021
    A step forward in story telling but a step backwards with everything else. Square Enix has continued to play it too safe in terms of content, never changing up the formula which is starting to get dull. Add that onto the awful stability of servers and terrible queues despite them being warned for years and you have a very lack-luster expansion launch fueled only by the fanboys that thinkA step forward in story telling but a step backwards with everything else. Square Enix has continued to play it too safe in terms of content, never changing up the formula which is starting to get dull. Add that onto the awful stability of servers and terrible queues despite them being warned for years and you have a very lack-luster expansion launch fueled only by the fanboys that think SE can do no wrong. Expand
  9. Dec 12, 2021
    if you are a casual player: this is unplayable in its current form/popularity.

you will face 4-6hr queues and be disconnected from queue at random times. once you are in however, the game is solid and one if not the best mmos out there for the new player experience. though as a returning player from 2.0, the game is getting stale. after the well rated story - grind fates, again.
    if you are a casual player: this is unplayable in its current form/popularity.

you will face 4-6hr queues and be disconnected from queue at random times.

though as a returning player from 2.0, the game is getting stale. after the well rated story - grind fates, again. grind dungeons (though beautiful as always), again. grind tomes, again. not enough new to satisfy me.
  10. Dec 12, 2021
    Almost impossible to play, queue times can be as long as 3-4 hours just to get into the game during "peak hours" which SE defines as 12pm-12am. I can log in at 6am but that is not when I want to play video games. No idea how the user score for this game can be so high when it is so hard to play. SquareEnix had Endwalker pre-order data and 10 years of FF14 experience to figure out howAlmost impossible to play, queue times can be as long as 3-4 hours just to get into the game during "peak hours" which SE defines as 12pm-12am. I can log in at 6am but that is not when I want to play video games. No idea how the user score for this game can be so high when it is so hard to play. SquareEnix had Endwalker pre-order data and 10 years of FF14 experience to figure out how much server capacity they would need and they didn't come close. Expand
  11. Dec 12, 2021
    FFXIV Endwalker should be renamed FFXIV queue Walker. Error code 2002 is the ultimate boss fight in this game, and good luck beating that unless you have something set up to keep you afk all day in game. Don't even bother paying a sub or wasting your money on this game. You will be stuck in 6 hour long queues and when you get near the front, you will get 2002 and go to the back of theFFXIV Endwalker should be renamed FFXIV queue Walker. Error code 2002 is the ultimate boss fight in this game, and good luck beating that unless you have something set up to keep you afk all day in game. Don't even bother paying a sub or wasting your money on this game. You will be stuck in 6 hour long queues and when you get near the front, you will get 2002 and go to the back of the queue line. So unless you like wasting time looking at login screen, stay away for at least 6 months Expand
  12. Dec 11, 2021
    Takes 4 hours minimum to get past the queue only to do boring nonsense. There are hours and hours of cutscenes between levels 80-83 where nothing important happens. I was struggling to pay attention and not skip them. When characters start talking about "the power of friendship", you know you can pretty safely discount the writing. I have played every expansion up to this point. The launchTakes 4 hours minimum to get past the queue only to do boring nonsense. There are hours and hours of cutscenes between levels 80-83 where nothing important happens. I was struggling to pay attention and not skip them. When characters start talking about "the power of friendship", you know you can pretty safely discount the writing. I have played every expansion up to this point. The launch and writing have been bad before, but never this terrible. This expansion has made me embarassed to be a fan. Expand
  13. Dec 15, 2021
    servers are very bad.
    Pre-order to play early.
    Pre-order bonus to get me to buy early is dumb is hell.
    voice acting is bad just like the last expansion.
  14. Dec 16, 2021
    Nothing new compared to previous expansions, the msq is not even all dubbed. All the queues preventing to play the game
  15. Dec 11, 2021
    maybe game is not bad, but i cannot log, since i have a job so cannot start playing at 5 am. :( after work i can only see queues of 7000+ people and this 2002 error... and it is already one week passed and SE said they cannot do anything to the servers. In this case i give up. I cannot say the game you have to wait 5 hours just to login is good.
  16. Dec 11, 2021
    Awful queue issues on release, and are still issues as I type.
    2002 Error making it nearly impossible to login due to the game without any warning kicking you out from the queue, the queue is meant to keep your place, but it doesn't even if you try to log straight back in.
    Awful queue issues on release, and are still issues as I type.

Square Enix blaming it due to lack of server hardware available for purchase due to chip supply issues, however this has little to do with the login servers, I do not mind waiting for hours in a queue to login but I do mind if the queue randomly removes me and makes me wait again. On the first weekend of release I tried to login for 8 hours without being able to get in.

If you play early AM you can login and experience the game, unfortunately that is not possible for everyone. A bit disappointed with my main class being changed (summoner) and it doesn't flow very well and end up with 10s+ periods of using a filler spell while waiting for cooldowns.. lost the vast majority of my skills and had much less to replace it with.

I will update this review as Endwalker progresses and look forward to Square Enix improving the servers or at least the queueing system.
  17. Dec 11, 2021
    Good luck to anyone logging in on a weekend 8 days past the Endwalker early access launch This is simply impossible unless you queue up early in the morning or late at night. I myself entered the queue at 12 pm GMT to be kicked with error 2002 four hours later and forced to start all over again with 6700+ people ahead when there were only around 140 left. Four. Straight. Hours. Went to aGood luck to anyone logging in on a weekend 8 days past the Endwalker early access launch This is simply impossible unless you queue up early in the morning or late at night. I myself entered the queue at 12 pm GMT to be kicked with error 2002 four hours later and forced to start all over again with 6700+ people ahead when there were only around 140 left. Four. Straight. Hours. Went to a dumpster. And I haven't even finished Stormblood yet. I don't care about Endwalker for now. I have almost two full expansions to complete before it. Yet there are people who just stand afk for days in Limsa taking that server capacity by using clicker software preventing you from being kicked for inactivity.

As it comes to Square Enix:

I find blaming the launch issues on semiconductor shortage and COVID a convenient excuse and insulting at best.
    This exp has been planned since well before the world fell apart. Once hardware started becoming a problem, SE had more than enough time to acquire it and get it up and running before this launch. Yes, there may be queues to buy the hardware now and you have to make orders in advance, but the player spike and queues were there 6 months ago in a huge gap between new content updates when servers are supposed to be half empty. What did they expect?

They are using it as an excuse and nothing more. My guess is that there was a financial decision made not to add servers due to cost despite the fact that Endwalker sales were successful. Which yes, may be due to current world issues. And this is fine. I accept the reality of that business decision. What I struggle to accept is twisting it into this "oh poor us, we can't find hardware"

The auto industry is suffering because of the sheer volume of chips they need. SE only required a fraction of that to add servers.

There's nothing that can be done about it. It is what it is and I accept that. It just really upsets me that we are being fed, what I believe, to be a false narrative as an explanation.
  18. Dec 13, 2021
    The queue times are horrendous. You cant even play the game. Whenever you eventually get to play the game its alright.
  19. Dec 18, 2021
    Unter anderem dieses DLC ist schuld daran, dass tausende Spieler nicht mehr spielen können. Statt ein neues DLC auf den Markt zu werfen, hätte man sich zuvor vielleicht eher den bis dato ohnehin steigenden Spielerzahlen widmen sollen.
  20. Dec 11, 2021
    It's a sad joke, European players can only create a new character late at night or very early in the morning after that queue is huge and every time after a while in the game an unexpected error pops up and you go back to the queue. Any other game developer would be pelted with s... for something like this, but this game is so overrated and full of funboys that nobody cares about it.It's a sad joke, European players can only create a new character late at night or very early in the morning after that queue is huge and every time after a while in the game an unexpected error pops up and you go back to the queue. Any other game developer would be pelted with s... for something like this, but this game is so overrated and full of funboys that nobody cares about it. Everyone explains only that this is normal after the premiere of a new expansion. No, it's not normal, not after paying the monthly fee and bought the expansion. The New World is in better shape than this s... Expand
  21. Dec 11, 2021
    can't play the game. queue for hours, crash during queue, crash in game and have to queue for hours again. would it be any other game/dev it would be drowning in sh#t right now but for the GCBTW everything is allright. that's not acceptable especially in a game where you have to buy the xpac+monthly fee+cash shop. they gave 7 days and that's a joke since i was able to play only 3 timescan't play the game. queue for hours, crash during queue, crash in game and have to queue for hours again. would it be any other game/dev it would be drowning in sh#t right now but for the GCBTW everything is allright. that's not acceptable especially in a game where you have to buy the xpac+monthly fee+cash shop. they gave 7 days and that's a joke since i was able to play only 3 times since the preorder launch 9 days ago. pacing of the story is slow as hell and it's basically an ishgard+tempest 2.0. music and zones uninspiring, great idea with all the escort and hiding quests to make things even slower. Expand
  22. Dec 11, 2021
    Not worth your money, login only possible late at night, game crushes once for every hour.
  23. Jan 30, 2022
    A bad expansion.
    Don't get me wrong, FF XIV is great, one of the best mmorpg ever, I play it since ARR (2013). But this expansion just sucks, there is nothing new at all compared to previous expansions. Square enix doesn't dare to inovate, they don't take any risks, it's always the same thing, the same schema.
    I understand some people like the stability. It’s the opposite extreme with
    A bad expansion.

I understand some people like the stability. It’s the opposite extreme with retail WoW where Blizz tries to reinvent the wheel every patch but still.
  24. Dec 8, 2021
    The reality is that the little I've seen of it is pretty good. When they get the server issues sorted out it'll probably be great. But right now I spend hours in the queue, get kicked out, sent to the back, and despite starting two hours before I wanted to play lose entire nights to the queue.

The infrastructure can't handle the load right now. Until it can, it's impossible to recommend the game unless you play in the morning.
  25. Dec 9, 2021
    If only i had not to wait HOURS to get in, just to get kicked for some error ten minutes later.. maybe i could say something good about the game
  26. Dec 9, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The mini-games in the main quest are too boring. I don't think it's necessary to include that kind of stealth game. I can only think that Mr. Yoshida's decision-making ability has deteriorated. Expand
  27. Dec 13, 2021
    The game cannot be played without waiting 4+ hour with chance of random disconnect during that time and you need start the queue all over again. So unless you have all day of free time AND willing to waste hours waiting, do not even consider this game.
  28. Mar 6, 2022
    most reviews that you will see here are from people who will go and eat any kind of dog poo that square enix throws at them . the expansion is pretty bland and as compared to shadowbringers it is of very low quality . it is still better then wow shadowlands but if you gauge it according to ffxiv own metrics its a big disappointment.
  29. May 10, 2022
    Square Enix has constantly engaged in anti-consumer policies for a while in this game. Their anti 3rd party program policy has become worse and worse while they get much greedier ever before selling tons of in-game items in the cash shop. It's not recommended to play the game right now.
  30. Mar 19, 2022
    Game shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  31. Feb 27, 2022
    Is it fun? Yes. Is it in a playable state? Kinda. Should you wait until the patch that fixes the stuttering and FPS issues bugs and glitches ..

So far Good but need improvements and better optimization.
  32. May 15, 2022
    If it wasn't infested by bots that hinder progression at level 70 zones I'm sure I could enjoy this a lot more. Developers refuse to fix bot problems in Eureka zones.

Universal acclaim - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 28, 2022
    If you didn’t like FFXIV before now, Endwalker will do nothing to change your mind. But if you’re in, this emotional rollercoaster will be rolling towards a satisfying conclusion, that absolutely will not disappoint.
  2. Feb 9, 2022
    FFXIV is currently the best MMORPG available. The main reason is because it’s RPG first, MMO second. The story isn’t just an afterthought, but an integral part of the experience, and everything else revolves around the tale of the Warrior of Light. It’s logical, well-planned, and presented with great, voiced (or not) cut-scenes.
  3. Jan 24, 2022
    Final Fantasy XIV closes its first colossal story arc with an exceptional expansion.