• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 2, 2018
6.4

1. Nov 6, 2018
    It's my first Football Manager and I love it. I see that people are mad that the devs don't do anything new to this series and I probably won't buy 2020 one. My experience is great, I really feel like football manager, it's an awesome game for people like me. And I am giving it 10/10 because I love the ideas behind it. I can't deliver you a comparison with other "football managers" but IIt's my first Football Manager and I love it. I see that people are mad that the devs don't do anything new to this series and I probably won't buy 2020 one. My experience is great, I really feel like football manager, it's an awesome game for people like me. And I am giving it 10/10 because I love the ideas behind it. I can't deliver you a comparison with other "football managers" but I see that there is no point in buying more than 1. I am going to play it from time to time for 2 years or 3. My new travel game in the train or plane, I'm happy for it. And it's a great title. But don't get me wrong, my rating tells a story of one game, and it's awesome, but eventually, it gets boring. After 12 hrs I'm tired of it and I need a break. I/m going to play some other games and return to it after a while or in a train.
    Experience is 10/10 and it might be a personal opinion from me, but that's how reviews work, right?
  2. Nov 11, 2018
    Another year, another Football Manager brought by Sports Interactive. This series has been coming since 2005 and as such, fans should be eager to know what the small news of this new version. Signing up for a club as a coach, setting tactics and training, hiring and taking the club as far as possible in national and international competitions are things that are part of everyday life inAnother year, another Football Manager brought by Sports Interactive. This series has been coming since 2005 and as such, fans should be eager to know what the small news of this new version. Signing up for a club as a coach, setting tactics and training, hiring and taking the club as far as possible in national and international competitions are things that are part of everyday life in Football Manager.

But let's go directly to the news features of this Football Manager 2019. Now we have more realistic and detailed training sessions. Each day has two or three training sessions that can be dedicated to game tactics, attacking or defensive moves, or more general things. In other words, whatever we understand. It may be a bit annoying at first to be altering train X on day X, but it's a very good feature.

The tactics have also been changed ... and for the better. Movements with or without ball are back. Now we can change our tactics more deeply and there are lots of options for the player to choose and form the kind of game they want. The Tiki-taka of Barcelona, the bus of José Mourinho or the Gegenpressing of Jürgen Klopp. Yes, at the beginning it is natural that it is difficult to define a tactic with feets and head, especially for those who are new to the Football Manager series, but this is part of the menu, which makes things more rewarding. It should be noted that the 1st Division German (Bundesliga) and the 2nd Division German have for the first time the teams, equipment and licensed players.

Football Manager 2019 also added the VAR (Video-referee), which allows us to see the marked offsides. But not everything is roses in this new version, because Football Manager and Transfers are two words that don't match. Unfortunately, it's already a common problem in the Football Manager series. It continues to make zero-sense clubs asking for more than 100 million euros for an unknown young player.

Visually, Football Manager games have never been appealing (nor was it ever their goal), but that's because the producers have always wanted to make the Football Manager series a lightweight game. However, 3D Match Engine received improvements, especially with the physics of the ball. Negative points are the transfer market, the number of injuries a bit exaggerated and the printing conferences are something generic and repetitive. In the end, Football Manager 2019 turns out to be a good improvement over last year's version.

Veredict: Football Manager 2019 has received some modifications for the better and is recommended for fans of the series.
  3. Mar 20, 2019
    One of the best games i've ever played. It got everything a football manager game needs.
  4. Apr 21, 2019
    FM19 is totally worth the money for any football nerd who wants to experiment with tranfers, tactics and team dynamics in what is a complex and frankly, overwhelming database of staff, teams, competitions and players. The latest version is the best I've seen and a step up from last year. Improved tactics, training and match engine are worth the extra price alone (not forgetting to mentionFM19 is totally worth the money for any football nerd who wants to experiment with tranfers, tactics and team dynamics in what is a complex and frankly, overwhelming database of staff, teams, competitions and players. The latest version is the best I've seen and a step up from last year. Improved tactics, training and match engine are worth the extra price alone (not forgetting to mention the latest wonderkids). In short, don't waste your time buying an earlier version. Casual users will prefer the more streamlined version of the game, but for purists that have plenty of time on their hands, there is enough here to spend, oh, say 200+ hours on. Expand
  5. May 20, 2019
    Detailed training mode is good. Extended dialog options is nice. Menu design is great. Improved graphics and match broadcast engine is lovely. BUT License issues are bad. FPS Drops are frustrating. AS A RESULT, You will not be able to get up for hours, you will discover new talentsand you will win great cups in the seasons waiting for you.
  6. Jun 20, 2019
    The best soccer game ever. You can make your history in the club you support and see it champions with your work. It´s amazing. I only don´t understand why the FM2019 it isn´t sold in brazil, but, it´s a amazing game!
  7. Dec 5, 2019
    2019 is a huge leap forward from 2018 because of the new tactics system and beautiful UI. One of the milestones of the franchise.
  8. Sep 30, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good game. Тут хорошо, мне понравилось, ещё бы не лагало, но оно и не лагало. Carpe diem. Ish ist aufgeregt. Expand
  9. Nov 19, 2019
    La licence Football Manager continue d’impressionner année après année, pour sa dantesque base de donnée.

L’un des gros changements pour cet opus, c’est l’arrivé des tactiques prédéfinies, rendant l’édition 2019 plus accessible. Autres nouveautés à noter: l’arrivée de l’assistance vidéo, ainsi que le système d’entraînement qui a été revu. Par contre, certaines choses ne changent pas

Par contre, certaines choses ne changent pas et je le regrette. Par exemple, les menus, toujours aussi clair et lisible, mais une petite retouche beauté ne serait pas si mal. Un peu de musique n’aurait pas été de refus et surtout, une ambiance de match digne de ce nom, pour plus d’immersion et de spectacle, hélas toujours au abonné absent. Graphiquement, le jeu stagne avec peu d’évolution, depuis des années.

Les prix de certains transferts paraissent abusivement élevés, les questions média sont plutôt répétitives, mais à part ça, le gameplay est vraiment top, me permettant de penser que Football Manager reste à ce jour la meilleure licence de gestion footballistique, voir même sportive !

1. Mar 5, 2019
    A lot of new possibilities and features, new and improved UI, and good old contagious gameplay.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 31, 2018
    The most player-friendly edition of the Football Manager, which, unfortunately, can bore the veterans of the series with its slow evolution. [Issue#291]
  3. Dec 6, 2018
    If you’re a die-hard football fan but also a lover of the behind the scene workings of football, this is a game that will give you all of that to your heart's content. For the rest of us football fans, I’d suggest sticking to the latest iteration of FIFA.