6.4

1. Jan 20, 2021
    Another year another pointless and more frustrating little features in new FM. Gestures are f** up and stupid. Changing % of sharpness to only 4 figures is a huge mistake, you know it when few days after game release everybody is looking for skin or mod which shows %. Maybe game engine has been improved but so far I still see almost as many bugs as it was last year in January, so waitingAnother year another pointless and more frustrating little features in new FM. Gestures are f** up and stupid. Changing % of sharpness to only 4 figures is a huge mistake, you know it when few days after game release everybody is looking for skin or mod which shows %. Maybe game engine has been improved but so far I still see almost as many bugs as it was last year in January, so waiting for last patch again I guess... And of course tansfer and contract negotations still don't make any sense - your captain and long servant doesn't want prolong contract of 20k but he's happy to join rival in the same league for just 14k. Oh for f** sake! Expand
  2. Jan 2, 2021
    После скриптов Фифа и Пес данная параша (футМенеджер) достойна места рядом с этими чудо продуктами.
    за 300 часов игры получил ужасный игровой опыт, то что предлагает СИ - жалкие потуги, которые не лучше мусора на мобильном рынке. симулятор мотиватора, за 300 часов игры ни одного адекватного матча, НИ РАЗУ не смог сказать - клево поиграл в футбол, какие то мучения. жирный минус майлзу и его консервам (разработчикам)
  3. Dec 29, 2020
    The match engine does not represent the score, as it didn't for the last 15 years.

Since the days we've gone from the commentary to the 2D engine. So when you are 3-0, 4-0, 3-1 according to the xG and you still lose points, it is not bad luck, it is not bad finishing, it is not individual errors as the match engine shows you. It is because your tactics should change, but that's

Since the days we've gone from the commentary to the 2D engine.

So when you are 3-0, 4-0, 3-1 according to the xG and you still lose points, it is not bad luck, it is not bad finishing, it is not individual errors as the match engine shows you. It is because your tactics should change, but that's impossible to get this idea just by analyzing the match.

If your tactic is good for the game, the same players start scoring from incredibly low xG shots, do dramatically lower mistakes, and you easily win even if you are being dominated.

So what's the point of watching the matches? What's the point of paying this game? None.

So what they did to hide this scandal? They've lowered the xG's. I've scored goals from the 6 yrd box with my player's strong foot and there was no goalie. Check the xG? It is 0.32 where it should've been at least 0.75.

Well done SI.
  4. Jun 2, 2021
    It's just a terrible game and has been for years. Incredibly scripted (you can have games where you have 30 shots but you know, just know, you're going to draw/lose it, because the game says so in advance). Players are incapable of squaring a ball, they all shoot from the narrowest of angles, all the time, every time. And so on.

The above makes it look like the game is 'hard' - no, it's

The above makes it look like the game is 'hard' - no, it's the opposite. It's ridiculously easy. But it's not easy because of anything I'm doing with it; it's just easy by design.

They call this a simulation of football; it's not. The makers of this game are too busy with their heads up their arse to actually make significant improvements, instead engaged in prolonged mutuatl masturbation over pointless crap like an expected goal stat being included.

Avoid. It's really, really, really bad.
  5. Dec 13, 2020
    Hi from Turkey ! Aynı oyun 15ten beri oynuyorum bu oyunu ama tasarımı ve oyuncu verilerini değiştirmek dışında bişey yapmıyorlar. Yine tasarım değişmiş ama ne oyun motoru değişmiş ne de bir yenilik eklenmiş. Eklenilen şeyler gerçekten o kadar ucuz ve o kadar kolay bi güncelleme ile verilebilecek şeyler ki. Gerçekten almaya değecek bir yenilik yok alacak arkadaşlar ona göre düşünüp alsın.Hi from Turkey ! Aynı oyun 15ten beri oynuyorum bu oyunu ama tasarımı ve oyuncu verilerini değiştirmek dışında bişey yapmıyorlar. Yine tasarım değişmiş ama ne oyun motoru değişmiş ne de bir yenilik eklenmiş. Eklenilen şeyler gerçekten o kadar ucuz ve o kadar kolay bi güncelleme ile verilebilecek şeyler ki. Gerçekten almaya değecek bir yenilik yok alacak arkadaşlar ona göre düşünüp alsın. oyun motorundaki hatalar vs hala aynı yerinde duruyor. Gerçekten can sıkıcı. Türkiye de yaşayan insanlar içinde parası vs ayrı dert kısa ve öz yabancı arkadaşlar içinde bir iki kelime ile anlatayım oyunu.

SAME GAME !!!!
  6. Nov 28, 2020
    Buggy as hell. The only game in the world where the paying punters are used to do the donkey work of QA testing that the games studio should have done. Not once in their many releases have SI Games ever released a version that has not required 3 patches released inside 1 month from launch. This year is their most embarrassing effort yet.
  7. Nov 27, 2020
    Extremely overrated, i prefer older version so much more. But that's just my opinion.
  8. Nov 30, 2020
    Like the last ones, this game is awesome. I know there are some patches to come, but i know it will be amazing
  9. Nov 27, 2020
    Wieso all die guten Bewertungen? Zum Vorgänger find ich das Overlay im Game viel zu überladen. Überall Felder zum klicken und aufpoppen... Scoutings werden nun doppelt und dreifach bei den selben Dudes gemacht... Das ist für mich eher eine Enttäuschung als ein Fortschritt... Man kann auch zu viel in ein Spiel einbauen... und ja, ich möchte nicht tausende Einstellungen so anpassen das esWieso all die guten Bewertungen? Zum Vorgänger find ich das Overlay im Game viel zu überladen. Überall Felder zum klicken und aufpoppen... Scoutings werden nun doppelt und dreifach bei den selben Dudes gemacht... Das ist für mich eher eine Enttäuschung als ein Fortschritt... Man kann auch zu viel in ein Spiel einbauen... und ja, ich möchte nicht tausende Einstellungen so anpassen das es mir passt. Expand
  10. Dec 2, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game didn't work for me. These footballs are all the same uninteresting Expand
  11. Nov 26, 2020
    I just want to start with saying that this is the best Football Manager to date and i´m having a lot of fun with it.

Pros: Many quality-of-life improvements Better Match Engine - Players behave more realistic Expected goals - tracks your team’s performance with more helpful clarity than the score can reflect Cons: Gestures and Shouts - Are unreliable most of the times. I like the

Pros:
    Many quality-of-life improvements
    Better Match Engine - Players behave more realistic

Cons:
    Gestures and Shouts - Are unreliable most of the times. I like the idea on paper, but right now it just adds another level obscurity to the game
    Does nothing major - My main concern about the franchise is that there is no major improvements each year, most of the "new" features are just old features but with a new UI and paint-job
  12. Nov 25, 2020
    This is hands down, the best Football Manager game I have seen and played. A lot of improvement and I am very happy with the improvements. An awesome game on a great sports manager series. Love this game.
  13. Dec 6, 2020
    This 2021 version is very good. I am addicted to playing this game every day. What is more remarkable is the match engine, which improves a lot over previous versions!
  14. Nov 29, 2020
    This version has changed a lot, although it has some minor bugs but it is still much better than previous version.
  15. Jan 28, 2021
    Havent played FM since 2015 and i found the game has improved alot in depth and in quality of life improvements.
    It is still as addictive as it always was, and, if you really get into it, it will eat your free time like nothing else.
    Sure there are a couple of bugs and glitches but very minor and do not affect the overall experience. It also still is , as it has always been , a very

It also still is , as it has always been , a very accurate Global database of active players. That alone has alot of additional value for football lovers worldwide.
  16. Dec 19, 2020
    Bom eu sempre gostei do jogo.
    E com a versão 2021 conseguiram mais uma vez melhorar o jogo.
    Mas acho que já esta chegando ao seu nível máximo onde não há mais necessidades de todos os anos lançaram um novo jogo pelo mesmo preço.
  17. Jan 12, 2021
    → Vis ta vie de manager.
    S’il devait améliorer l’aspect des interviews, il n’en est rien. Cependant, le titre reste extrêmement fidèle à la licence. Il reste encore et toujours le meilleur jeu de gestion footballistique, ainsi que plus généralement dans le domaine sportif.

Sortie en novembre 2020 / Développé par Sports Interactive.
  18. Dec 21, 2020
    Finally a good Football manager game that is not the same as all the previous versions. Sega finally stayed true to their promises in the advertising and not just false advertising as they did for 2019 and 2020 FM. The only thing that need to be better is matches. It would be nice to get some commentary.
  19. Oct 16, 2021
    The full version of the latest Football Manager, the 2021 game is another complete version.

I only played for one season before the review, by starting a club from scratch. Very truthful simulated, you are first advised to hire some coaches and staff and only then hire players and form a team. Unfortunately, I couldn't win a single game for months to come, being in the 2nd

Unfortunately, I couldn't win a single game for months to come, being in the 2nd National Division proving to be a challenge too tough to handle.

Being relegated and sacked at the end of the season, I could still learn that the realism of the game allows you to build a team patiently and consistently, and fast results - by starting a club form scratch - could only be achieved randomly or unlikely, demonstrating again the realism of the Football Manager game.

Now I am waiting for Football Manager 2022, hopefully with greater results.
  20. Dec 6, 2020
    10x better then the last edition, well worth the money. The match engine is far better than it has ever been and is the best football game on the market
  21. Dec 19, 2020
    LystrosaurusvLystrosaurusLystrosaurusLystrosaurusLystrosaurusLystrosaurusLystrosaurusLystrosaurusLystrosaurusLystrosaurusLystrosaurusLystrosaurusLystrosaurus
  22. Dec 11, 2021
    I've probably spent a year of my life cumulatively playing Championship Manager titles and for the last decade the Football Managers. This version is basically the same as the one I got two years ago. It's a bit better, and the database and player knowledge is amazing. It suffers from a couple of problems with the match engine still, particulatly on set pieces - any man marking and yourI've probably spent a year of my life cumulatively playing Championship Manager titles and for the last decade the Football Managers. This version is basically the same as the one I got two years ago. It's a bit better, and the database and player knowledge is amazing. It suffers from a couple of problems with the match engine still, particulatly on set pieces - any man marking and your covering defenders will run into the opposition box during an opponent counter attack. Very frustrating. The tactics the pc employs are very samey after a couple of seasons too. But overall very good. Expand
  23. Aug 10, 2021
    Exactly the same as FM2020 except for some changes that are either useless (the new interview ui but always with the same 20 fking questions that already were in fm20, or the xgoal that's completely inacurrate) or plain stupid (like representing physical condition with a pointless heart that has 4 conditions instead of a percentage that's precise and actually helpful to decide playerExactly the same as FM2020 except for some changes that are either useless (the new interview ui but always with the same 20 fking questions that already were in fm20, or the xgoal that's completely inacurrate) or plain stupid (like representing physical condition with a pointless heart that has 4 conditions instead of a percentage that's precise and actually helpful to decide player rotation).
    The game also seem to be even easier than last year, on my second season i somehow was fighting for first place with my **** club that just got promoted, without using any broken gegenpress tactic).
    Fix your goddamn game before implementing cosmetic changes that no one asked for !!!
    FM is now as much a scam as fifa, madden, etc... well done sports interactive.
  24. Apr 7, 2021
    Как можно с каждым годом портить игровые механики? ввели кучу бессмысленных фичей и персонала, зато с каждым годом всё больше тупых скриптов. Как ещё назвать пример, когда твоя команда выносит всех, а потом матч с соперником, который намного слабее, и выносит тебя в одну калитку? Переигрываешь 20 раз матч с разными тактиками, игроками, стратегиями - результат тот же, игре нужно, чтобы тыКак можно с каждым годом портить игровые механики? ввели кучу бессмысленных фичей и персонала, зато с каждым годом всё больше тупых скриптов. Как ещё назвать пример, когда твоя команда выносит всех, а потом матч с соперником, который намного слабее, и выносит тебя в одну калитку? Переигрываешь 20 раз матч с разными тактиками, игроками, стратегиями - результат тот же, игре нужно, чтобы ты проиграл! и не важно логично это или нет. за 10 лет игру убили Expand
  25. Feb 19, 2021
    O jogo é legal e divertido, mas BASTANTE mentiroso, incrível, eu não consigo ganhar UMA final decidida nos pênaltis, o time adversário se fecha mas meu time consegue chegar ao gol mas sempre perde gol fácil, cansado desse script horrível.
  26. Feb 7, 2021
    Saga que todos los años compro pese a que cada vez sigo menos el mundo del fútbol.

En general si te ha gustado cualquier tipo de manager alguna vez, este juego atrapa, de hecho su punto positivo y negativo ese ese jaja.

Es una saga que ha ido mejorando constantemente cada año, poco a poco, y no suele presentar grandísimas novedades, pero siempre va añadiendo retoques en el buen camino.
  27. Jan 15, 2021
    By far the easiest sports management game I have ever played. The game features are cool and realistic but you get an average team and with no changes at all you win the title unchallenged. Waste of money and time.
  28. Sep 28, 2021
    A great game for football lovers. Great atmosphere and tactical variety. There are no major changes in comparison with the previous version, but there are positive changes, which is good news.
  29. Oct 8, 2021
    The best Football Manager game in the series as of this review. Game features updated match engine.
  30. Mar 23, 2022
    Good game! I must to write alot to post my opinion I dont like metacritic.
  31. Aug 6, 2022
    goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Generally favorable reviews - based on 32 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Jun 9, 2021
    Football Manager 2021 introduces some features and improvements that make it a bit more realistic and enjoyable, but it is hard for me to recommend buying it if you own the last year’s edition. As a whole, FM2020 might not be as good as its successor, but it is not much different in the most important aspect – both games are ridiculously addictive. [01/2021, p.52]
  2. Jan 18, 2021
    Football Manager 2021 combines the best elements of previous games and undergoes a dramatic improvement that cuts deeper than the superficial. It’s heavy, detailed, and been given a new texture by a more personal take on management.
  3. Jan 12, 2021
    It’s been a long time since we attended university. When our parents asked what we did when we were supposed to have been studying, we always replied by saying we were making a statistical analysis of To Madeira and Tsigalko. Little did they know they were cult players in the addictive first versions of Football manager.