8.4

1. Apr 24, 2018
    One of my the best gaming experiences since The Witcher 3. The atmosphere is amazing, of course very depressing, but it was the aim! Looks beautiful, sounds very good, gameplay is addictive - what do you want more? And, actually, you care about your society, they are not only numbers! Fantastic game, well done 11BIT.
  2. Apr 25, 2018
    It is atmospheric (music and FX) and look good, for what you can actually see (top down). But with only four to six hours of game time, and zero replayabilty once you succeed in figuring the gimmick of illogical gameplay balancing is just to hide linear development, you will be disappointed. Either that, or post-purchase dissonance is kicking in so you are not feeling so bad about yourIt is atmospheric (music and FX) and look good, for what you can actually see (top down). But with only four to six hours of game time, and zero replayabilty once you succeed in figuring the gimmick of illogical gameplay balancing is just to hide linear development, you will be disappointed. Either that, or post-purchase dissonance is kicking in so you are not feeling so bad about your $30 DLC length "game". This is being called a complex puzzle by some, but is just poor design when you read the wiki to see the analysis of game mechanics. At full price this is massively overpriced, and the missing gameplay will surely be sold as DLC. This will probably flesh Frostpunk out into a real game, why pay twice? Skip it for now, and wait for a game + full DLC pack. It is not as if the graphics are going to age much in the next 12 months. Expand
  3. Feb 27, 2019
    I expected far bigger from Frostpunk. Not so there are strategy with elements of survival moreover and in a setting of the cyberpunk. It seems and the first 1/3 games it is fine, you are surprised to study of simulation of life and motivation to save as much as possible people. And then, you understand that that a game has no plot and the world of a game is small and it is not interestingI expected far bigger from Frostpunk. Not so there are strategy with elements of survival moreover and in a setting of the cyberpunk. It seems and the first 1/3 games it is fine, you are surprised to study of simulation of life and motivation to save as much as possible people. And then, you understand that that a game has no plot and the world of a game is small and it is not interesting to investigate it. Then there is a strict bifurcation of a plot either on dictatorship or on sect. And when the settlement endures a hard frost - the end. I thought that the history will be longer, than 3 hours. And that upon Frostpunk have no replayability, only besides to choose a way of force and calm.
    And in the whole Frostpunk would be much better if authors did not spread the point of view. Why dictatorship - it is bad? Why authors without any arguments tell it in a final roller?
    Game perfectly looks, the idea and a setting carry away, but realization appeared the average level. It is unclear developers lacked money or time. The idea at Frostpunk excellent.
  4. Mar 29, 2019
    Favorite Thing: The Fall of Winterhome was a great scenario. Lots of unique stuff going on.
    Least Favorite Thing: People getting sick can be a bit ridiculous. Turned off the heat for a few seconds? That's a few dozen sick people!

Date Completed: 2019-03-29
    Playtime: 37h (all 4 scenarios)
    Enjoyment: 8/10
    Recommendation: Survival, city builder with a story and objectives? Yes please!
  5. Apr 7, 2020
    This game is surely very good or even great, I cant understand some of the reviews here, maybe they are outdated.
    The most of us agree, that the atmosphere is great. The artdesign, the graphics, sound are fitting together and create a great apocalyptic steampunk environment. I guess this is the best steampunk game ever. The draws are beautiful, but the story could have more movies or other elements to immerse you better into the world. The setting is great, so the only missed thing is a better introduction into the world: more background information for example.
    There is only one thing I didnt like: the moral texts in the end are so ridiculous. The people are fighting for survival and the game is thinking about ethics and moral. So unrealistic. Everyone would be happy to live and would not think about moral like "was it worth it?".

Gameplay is very similar to Banished, where you manage your labour to gather resources. If you understand this basic idea, the game is not very difficult, I saw the end of the main scenario in my first attempt. The second scenario I played was the arche and it was even more easier, so I will go to hard level on the next scenario.
    I like some of the brutal laws and the idea to create a theocracy or police state. It is realistic, that people would do that to survive. But the law trees could be more complex, the tech tree is better, because it gives you more choices to consider.

Some of the opinion here write, that after 10-12 hours it is over. Thats not so much true. You can do the main campaign in this time, but the campaign is just one of the 4 scenarios nowadays. And then there is the timeless mode.
  6. Jul 18, 2019
    Frostpunk est le seul jeu du genre à avoir réussi à me tenir en haleine plus de 30 minutes, ce qui en soit est déjà un petit exploit.

Sur le papier, je trouvais ce système de lois extrêmement excitant, et même s'il n'est pas aussi poussé que je l'aurai aimé, il est l'une des grandes forces du jeu. Si construire sa ville à mesure que l'on débloque des compétences n'a rien d'original,

Si construire sa ville à mesure que l'on débloque des compétences n'a rien d'original, ça a le mérite tout de même de fonctionner et de ne jamais être ennuyeux.

Ce que je retiens du jeu dans son ensemble, c'est un univers fort, plusieurs idées de gameplay originales et intéressante, mais globalement trop peu approfondi.
    Après une dizaine d'heures, je pense qu'on a fait le tour du jeu très largement.
  7. Oct 30, 2019
    A game I really wanted to like, the Trailer looked great, the first few hours played great, but in my opinion, the game was a bit shallow. After 6-8 hours there's really not a lot of new things to discover, and there is surprisingly little re-playability.
  8. Feb 6, 2020
    It's not bad and it's got some interesting mechanics, however the game feels very linear, scripted and constrained. It doesn't really let you know what you are trying to achieve or what the end goal is. There is no story other than the weather got really cold and now you have to survive. Also it becomes very hard to get an overview of your city once it grows in size, buildings look tooIt's not bad and it's got some interesting mechanics, however the game feels very linear, scripted and constrained. It doesn't really let you know what you are trying to achieve or what the end goal is. There is no story other than the weather got really cold and now you have to survive. Also it becomes very hard to get an overview of your city once it grows in size, buildings look too much alike and half of the buildings are hidden behind smoke and other effects. Expand
  9. Apr 30, 2018
    Games looks pretty good, but 3 scenario are very short. When you fall you fall. Play again. But when you win? You can not continue in your city builded. I want to choice continue after do what scenairo want.
  10. Aug 28, 2018
    It is a light real time building game divided in three (possible 4 in the future) scenarios. You'll build a city facing different problems like Manage of hunger, hope of the people, shelter, extreme cold, exploration. In each scenario you will have to make moral choices that will impact game-play and how scenario will end (narrated trough text in the ending sequences...like FalloutIt is a light real time building game divided in three (possible 4 in the future) scenarios. You'll build a city facing different problems like Manage of hunger, hope of the people, shelter, extreme cold, exploration. In each scenario you will have to make moral choices that will impact game-play and how scenario will end (narrated trough text in the ending sequences...like Fallout ending for example in wich some choice will have a differet narration in the same final sequence) . It takes one or two days of casual play to complete a scenario plus some time to replay and see the different outcome of moral choices. There isn't much choices or many random events or many technology tree....so In less than a week you'll probably complete the whole game: It's quite short and does not offer much re-playability. It isn't for hardcore strategy players...it is more like Theme Hospital than Europa Universalis . For an Indie game on sale It's good. I'll hope for a sequel maybe with a little more content. Expand
  11. May 5, 2018
    Though the game is kind of fun and has a nice atmosphere, but it's VERY short (around 8 hours of gameplay for medium difficulty) and very linear. No replay-ability whatsoever.
  12. Aug 16, 2018
    Frostpunk's campaign is an enjoyable experience, with fun base building elements and giving you the opportunity to make your settlement run as efficiently as possible, but unfortunately, if you happen to focus your attention on powering your settlement rather than feeding it, the game can quickly become a tedious progress of going back to save games and making everything run correctly,Frostpunk's campaign is an enjoyable experience, with fun base building elements and giving you the opportunity to make your settlement run as efficiently as possible, but unfortunately, if you happen to focus your attention on powering your settlement rather than feeding it, the game can quickly become a tedious progress of going back to save games and making everything run correctly, which ultimately breaks the immersion of the game.

If micro-managing is something you enjoy, pick this game up, you are going to have a great time challenging yourself, but if you are someone who just wants to enjoy their playthrough, maybe hold off until it's on sale.

I played 7+ hours before I decided that restarting to get a better outcome for my city was becoming boring, and the story began to be a second thought.
  13. May 5, 2018
    The game is too linear, you need to follow the right path to succeed. No margin to try something different. I liked the game for about 2 hs then I got bored. You are always under stress. No time for planning whatsoever, running all the time, crowded by alerts and messages. Graphics and sound are great, UI scale to low, fonts are hard to read. It's not what I expected.
  14. May 11, 2018
    Just like This War of Mine, Frostpunk is supposed to be a sort of purgatory for strategy gamers.
    Mechanics are fantastic, it's challenging to get into, but not too hard and just when you think you get it right, it screws you over again.
    So you try it again, and again, and again, with different approaches just to hit a wall again. While it is an interesting concept and has all

While it is an interesting concept and has all validity for existing, the thing they just can't deliver is a payoff for the player.
    Instead you just try a new approach, fail, until you hit a tipping point where you just say: screw this game.

And, knowing This War of Mine and actually beating one of the scenarios there, I already sense that you can hardly do "well" in this game either.
    At least the session length is good so you don't waste several hours just to fail. A session takes some 1-2 hours at best.

While I understand their sadistic approach to their games, I must say that this fits maybe for tough scenarios - but not for when I actually want to play the game and just build up something.
    And there's no sandbox mode either so they don't even give you that option.

All in all it's a fantastic game but wasted on trying to frustrate the player.
  15. Mar 31, 2019
    Strategy is probably far from being my favourite genre, but enjoyed this tremendously anyway. Game design is 10/10, everything is beautiful and well-modelled; game mechanics are just complex enough to keep me intrigued throughout, but not overwhelming, and the atmosphere is fantastic! Amazing in-game tutorials as well - subtle and non-intrusive, but gradually introduce you to everyStrategy is probably far from being my favourite genre, but enjoyed this tremendously anyway. Game design is 10/10, everything is beautiful and well-modelled; game mechanics are just complex enough to keep me intrigued throughout, but not overwhelming, and the atmosphere is fantastic! Amazing in-game tutorials as well - subtle and non-intrusive, but gradually introduce you to every mechanic in the game in a clear and easy-to-understand way, kudos devs! Probably the best strategy game I've played :)

Only complaint: countless crashes, mainly (if not only) when saving or loading games. Very frustrating at times, but it doesn't seem to be a hugely popular complaint, so maybe I'm just unlucky in some way.
  16. Apr 26, 2018
    I was super HYPED now... I'm kinda on the fence about this one. At the beginning I was blown away by the graphics, sound, choices, things that build what's the best about this game and that is the atmosphere (!!) holy crap, this game would be dripping with atmosphere if it weren't so cold (see what i did there? :P). But after a while when you figure out the best way of building town andI was super HYPED now... I'm kinda on the fence about this one. At the beginning I was blown away by the graphics, sound, choices, things that build what's the best about this game and that is the atmosphere (!!) holy crap, this game would be dripping with atmosphere if it weren't so cold (see what i did there? :P). But after a while when you figure out the best way of building town and resource gathering it just become 'casual'. Choices are no longer influenced by morality (if ever were) and it become more like 'Oh, I need a boost to hope, is there an option to do that?'. That said at this stage I'm really worried about replayability although I haven't played on other difficulties yet (some DLCs, updates with new campaigns or even fan made scenarios might adres this issue).

Overall I really enjoyed (and still am) this experience so it would be solid 8,5 but not being sure about longevity of Frostpunk I will lower it to 7 or 7,5.

If you like survivals games combined with city building this should be a blast but the price tag is a little to high for how short this game is so either wait a little bit for more content or till the prices go down.
  17. May 9, 2018
    Really cool ideas, but the game becomes very tedious and repetitive very quickly. Very limited replay value.
  18. May 10, 2018
    So my review got deleted.
    I'll write another one.
    Game is short ~ 10 hours gameplay. It's terribly low for "builder" game.
    It's linear and scripted. It's even worse for such genre.
    Do not buy it. Wait for more content like sandbox mode or random events.
  19. Jul 3, 2018
    Run away from this trap! There are several threads on steam about how often this bugged game just don´t launch, how many players couldn´t play what they paid for, and how little (nothing actually) the devs care about this.
    It took me 6 hours of hard labor, between guides, tutorials and downloads to make to launch. It was like trying to run a early 90s PC game (and was this kind of headache that made me play exclusively on consoles until early 00s).
    I recommend this game to no one, and warn that only the masochist, IT workers and those don´t mind burning cash should try it.
    And about the game itself. Its decent, but not worth the trouble. Middling sound/graphics, good events/atmosphere, but really need improvement on info display.
  20. Jun 22, 2018
    Could have been a good game but isn't. The key reasons are the absence of a very detailed tutorial (this is a complex game) and generally weak, counter intuitive, interface design. The result is a game where you have no idea what you are supposed to do or how you are supposed to do it whilst facing significant and serious time constraints. I think too a gentler, more gradual introductionCould have been a good game but isn't. The key reasons are the absence of a very detailed tutorial (this is a complex game) and generally weak, counter intuitive, interface design. The result is a game where you have no idea what you are supposed to do or how you are supposed to do it whilst facing significant and serious time constraints. I think too a gentler, more gradual introduction of challenges would have softened the learning curve.

Some might call these things challenging, I simply call it careless. If I want frustration there is plenty of that in day to day working life without adding to it while I'm trying to relax. One for die hard's only I suspect.

For my money Civilization (not the latest one) is a better bet.
  21. Dec 9, 2018
    Even tho the Game falls kinda short and you don't have endless Game (yet?), you still got enough options to rule your city. One Playthrough isn't enough to fully complete the Game.

One of the best Games i've play in the last Years. What made me give it a 9 and not a 10? Well i can always come back and edit the Review so.. but there are some things which bug me : - no endless Game

One of the best Games i've play in the last Years.

but there are some things which bug me :

- no endless Game mode (yet)
    - Translation errors
    - not fully optimized yet (fps and graphics -wise)
    - the lack of scenarios and varety in your Game (like portraits, names, etc..)
    - lack of Housing, Upgrades & Constructables.

Edit after some Game Updates :

Have to re-do my Vote from 9 to 7 because the Game just got more punishing, the updates made the Game a whole lot more difficult and annoying. People getting sick although you have everything comfortable...
  22. Nov 20, 2018
    How developers support their product deserves all thanks. At the beginning, it was a great game but with few content, but they update it almost every week and now it has second Free (!) DLC that expands gameplay. I am very happy with such support and price is sweet too. Atmospheric in the game great, only one thing that I want that developers expand it's a Book of Laws tree, but all in allHow developers support their product deserves all thanks. At the beginning, it was a great game but with few content, but they update it almost every week and now it has second Free (!) DLC that expands gameplay. I am very happy with such support and price is sweet too. Atmospheric in the game great, only one thing that I want that developers expand it's a Book of Laws tree, but all in all it's a fun to play game. Expand
  23. Apr 24, 2018
    Great, great , great game ! An outstanding feat that reaches the same heights of This War of Mine, the studio’s former product.
  24. Apr 24, 2018
    I want to say that this is the most intense game I have ever played. You feel under pressure 90% of the game and this is crazy. What an experience to get! Highly recommended to buy asap.
  25. Apr 27, 2018
    I would rather a game be short and sweet than long and **** like Civ 6. Most games in the 4x genre fall into the trap of having a very boring and tedious late game. Frostpunk solves this problem by not having a late game at all. If Civ 6 is a vat of inedible gruel and Endless Space 2 is a casual steak dinner, Frostpunk is a single hors d'oeuvre made from caviar and saffron. It is bothI would rather a game be short and sweet than long and **** like Civ 6. Most games in the 4x genre fall into the trap of having a very boring and tedious late game. Frostpunk solves this problem by not having a late game at all. If Civ 6 is a vat of inedible gruel and Endless Space 2 is a casual steak dinner, Frostpunk is a single hors d'oeuvre made from caviar and saffron. It is both intellectually and emotionally stimulating, with RPG elements that feel like an essential part of the experience rather than the annoying barely relevant RNG popups that pervade most 4x games (e.g. "Some meaningless event happened; your production output is increased by 10% for 10 turns!").

I give this game a 9 because I need to leave room for games like Mass Effect 2 and GTA 5.
  26. Apr 27, 2018
    Ok game, nice atmosphere, graphics, sound, UI. But no replayability, very short, need some expansions, dlcs etc... 6/10 cuz of that.
  27. Feb 4, 2019
    The game is unplayable because of a ridiculously small font size and no option to change it. I tried lowering the resolution but at some point there is no video, only sound. Anyway, I've read that changing the resolution doesn't help because the text is scaled accordingly. After a few minutes of playing my eyes started watering from continuous strain.
  28. Aug 5, 2018
    Great game, but very short. Three scenario it's about ~6-8 hours of gameplay. I hope last scenario (not available yet) will be bigger than the previous ones, and 11 bit studios will add endless mode (as an option) to this last scenario.
  29. Apr 25, 2018
    After playing/streaming the game for a few hours, the game definitely worth the price!

Pros: + Slick and very beautiful UI. + Cool new gameplay elements introduced to the genre. + Nice Graphics and amazing Art. + Difficulty is paced very well. + Good Tutorial. Cons: - Game needs better optimization. (My PC can run PUBG with higher frames than this) - Needs more replay-ability

Pros:
    + Slick and very beautiful UI.
    + Cool new gameplay elements introduced to the genre.
    + Nice Graphics and amazing Art.
    + Difficulty is paced very well.
    + Good Tutorial.

Cons:
    - Needs more replay-ability options. Yes there is some replay-ability but it needs more, if they support Mods it would work, or if they develop DLCs in the future.
    - Barley any voice acting. I don't mind it because it makes the world feel more empty, but some people might.

The game deserves the praise from the reviews in my opinion, and I recommend buying it.
  30. Apr 24, 2018
    Great game, amazing graphic and absorbing gameplay. I'm not gonna sleep tonight ;)
  31. Apr 24, 2018
    fantastic game, extremely entertaining.
    moral dilemma has a huge impact and for people with high level of empathy would be fantastic game.
  32. Nov 21, 2018
    I really wanted to play this game but sadly the programming is **** and the game always crashes or doesn't start.Its sad that the developers also didnt do anything to fix their problem i guess they were too busy making their ****ty DLCS
  33. Apr 28, 2018
    I had opportunity to test this game and it's definitely worth the price. Great music, graphic (melting snow depending on temperature makes me happy), rough atmosphere. For me it's 9/10 (endless mode would be nice) but some retards rated on 1 so I'll give 10 -_-
  34. Apr 29, 2018
    best atmophere, beautiful graphic, and amazing and climate music, not easy but if U love challenge, this game is for U , next good polish game.
  35. May 27, 2019
    the game has a bug that erase the savefiles. It's since launch and hadn't been fixed yet.
  36. Feb 6, 2019
    Обожаю опилки на завтрак, обед и ужин. Вперед Ебенград!!!!!
  37. Jun 8, 2018
    A surprisingly good game.

Let's break it down: Audio: Good. SFX is great, and the music is EXCELLENT. Somehow the music makes you feel cold and lonely, and when the weather gets worse, then music becomes more intense, too. Without spoiling anything, let's just say the beautiful music evolves with the story, all the way into the climax. Amazing stuff. Visuals. Great. No complaints.
    A surprisingly good game.

Let's break it down:

Visuals. Great. No complaints. The city, with its massive Sauron-tower-generator-thing in the middle looks great when you've finally build a functioning, living, breathing city. Your giant worker robots milling about is also very fun to watch. Very satisfying to see that everyone is warm and well-fed...if you can manage it.

Gameplay: Great. Warmth is a simple but excellent mechanic that separates this from other games. The radial grid also looks great, as it visually emphasizes how reliant the townsfolk are on your monolithic heat generator on the center of the map. Warmth management is fun and stressful at the same time, as early on you will have to decide who gets to be warm, and who has to suffer and toil in the cold. Decision making is also great. It really immerses you in the cold and unforgiving world of Frostpunk. Do you force children to work? Do you force people to eat low-nutrition soup instead of full meals? Do you save survivors from far away, or leave them to their grim fates? Lots of dark decisions for you to make, as the leader of the last of mankind.

Cons: Not much. Why "Frostpunk", I guess? Why the word "punk" in such a grim and dark game about survival? Surely there are better titles out there. "The Sunless World". "Frost Eternal". "Iceborn". "The Deepest Cold". See? Easy.

The game could easily be patched to add in more factors/resources to manage. E.g. desperate raiders from the frigid wastelands; you would have monitor their movements and schemes, and create a small defense force and position them in the appropriate areas to defend your food stores, coal stores, etc. Ammunition management, otherwise you'll fend them off with clubs and knives and lose good people in the proces. Maybe even add mysterious, dangerous creatures that need to be fended off, too. Yeah I know it's not that kind of game and genre, but yeah such elements would drastically increase the depth and tenseness of the game.

Biggest con I guess is after you finish the main story, the few scenarios available give you a few more solid hours of intense gameplay, but by the end of it you'll wish there was just a BIT more. one or two more scenarios that are longer. Maybe an endless mode where you stave off extinction for as long as you can to compete with your friends. Sky's the limit with Frostpunk.

Frostpunk is great as it is, and has so much more potential. Hoping for more good stuff from the devs!
  38. Aug 21, 2018
    The atmosphere alongside with tough moral choices and many other merits makes Frostpunk absurdly engaging.
  39. Sep 9, 2018
    This game is pretty good and enjoyed the whole experience. As far i concern, what makes this game worth my time is that the game is always in the verge of a catastrophe. You will never be safe or stay still and watch how the comunity grows (like City skyline). You will never have enough resources or the man power to progress and you will have to choose carefully what to sacrifice in orderThis game is pretty good and enjoyed the whole experience. As far i concern, what makes this game worth my time is that the game is always in the verge of a catastrophe. You will never be safe or stay still and watch how the comunity grows (like City skyline). You will never have enough resources or the man power to progress and you will have to choose carefully what to sacrifice in order to gain some profit. The story is linear but you have to make choices along the game that changes the outcome of the story. Esthetics are awesome (Sort of post apocalyptic, futurist victorian London). Good music, immersive gameplay, you get carried away by the drama of survival. Expand
  40. Nov 16, 2018
    Одна из немногих игр, которая смогла меня действительно впечатлить несколько раз в различных сценариях.
  41. Jan 24, 2019
    This is a great game that has quite the steep learning curve. A whole bunch of reviews profess the game was simple and had little replay value. It's quite possible I'm an idiot, but I don't think that's entirely true. It takes a while to figure out this one and I got a ton of replay value out of it. At times there's more than enough going on to overwhelm you, especially if you're likeThis is a great game that has quite the steep learning curve. A whole bunch of reviews profess the game was simple and had little replay value. It's quite possible I'm an idiot, but I don't think that's entirely true. It takes a while to figure out this one and I got a ton of replay value out of it. At times there's more than enough going on to overwhelm you, especially if you're like me and you're hesitant to hit pause.

But if you leave aside the building joy you probably once felt with the original Sim City games, the game does get a bit repetitive. They don't even randomize the starting resources locations in the base game, which is a comical mistake that would have been easy to solve in development. The game needs more additional scenarios then the four it comes with. I think this would have made it far stronger. Also the individual who developed the shameless cheesy clickbait title for this game requires torture.

In general this was a good ride and well worth the price. I'm always looking for games that will grab me, give me that addictive feel, and after being gone for some time can pull me back to try again. This game has it. Not flawless, but a good solid game. Give it a shot.
  42. Jun 20, 2018
    One of the best games ever came these days, made by This War of Mine's creators. Beautiful graphics, great musics, amazing atmosphere.
    Edit: Whoa, wait. The thing i wrote up there was just a review i wrote after 2 hours of gameplay. i was hyped about the last update, but, it was disappointing. This game may be a masterpiece, but this game is quite repetitive and has a limited content. I mean, why we cannot have a survival mode that goes forever? This game is new, and needs a lot of new content.
  43. Apr 24, 2018
    Very good game with nice music and graphics. Some tough choices.
    Just buy it and you won't be disappointed.
  44. Apr 24, 2018
    Amazing game, with beautiful graphic, climatic music and hard decisions, a lot of them. and in my opinion the most important is what will u do to survive
  45. Apr 24, 2018
  46. Apr 24, 2018
    I play a game of this genre for the first time. It's an amazing game. I love this game!
  47. Apr 24, 2018
    A lot of people really belittled the game for its genre. All the gameplay videos and trailers were full of naysayers and disappointment. I'm glad this game was successful because I trusted the developers who made This War of Mine. Really like this game.
  48. May 5, 2018
    Graphic - 10/10
    Story - 10/10
    Strategic aspect - 10/10

unfortunately no free mode with random events and encounters :(
    Maybe online coop where all players get separate city, but they are unbalanced and need to exchange goods to survive?

Anyway i give 10/10 since its best game i played in past year anyway (lookin at you mass effect andromeda)...
  49. May 7, 2018
    You will fail. Not once, twice, or three times. And what’s worse, you won’t fail all of a sudden, but gradually. So much so that you’re going to develop a new sense that tells you are going to kill everyone soon, and there is no single decision you took that can be blamed.

Despite the difficulty spikes in Frostpunk, I can’t remember the last time I forgot to check the time while playing something. Even after my city failed, I would still try to build it again, in a different way. I never got tired of it because I always knew I could try something else.

The concept behind Frostpunk is what supports the gameplay and the beautifully chilling atmosphere, and it gives me a kind of warm feeling that I want to repeat over and over, even if some people doubt it's replayability value. I like to write my own stories, and this game, for me at least, is pure gold.

Frostpunk says that’s it’s a city building game, but it’s much more that. It’s a test and to pass it you must fail somewhere. Save a few and sacrifice many, or let them all die, but your conscience is clear.
    I can only hope that players won’t be discouraged by the insanely difficult learning curve because I promise you, on the other end is a beautiful game that everyone has to experience.
  50. Apr 30, 2018
    You know what The Witcher was for the action RPG genre?
    That do Frostpunk for survival genre.
  51. Jun 8, 2018
    Damn good game, a combination of difficult, time intensive, and survival, the first and well made of a Real-Time Survival Strategy Game. I look forward to seeing more content, or games like this.

Essentially a Winter Survival like "The Long Dark" but as a community (English SteamPunk) genre, where you must literally make sacrifices or concessions to make your community thrive and survive the White Frost the ultimate death storm.

If it had continuous survival for as long as I could go til Resources ran out, I would give it a +1 for a whoping 10 / 10.

Overall Score: 9
    Well Done, Well Made, Well Engineered, Well... Its Great!
  52. Jun 18, 2018
    Awesome game! First in class - I have yet to see hardcore city builder! Too bad the game is very short, but it was amazing experience. Finished the game from 3rd try, first 2 tries my poor citizens froze :P Game takes you from the beginning till the end - you cannot lose your focus even for a minute. Recommended for everyone!
  53. Jun 22, 2018
    Fantastic game, the most imersive game I ever played, you feel aflinged by the drama of survival.
  54. Mar 21, 2019
    Honestly a rather boring game. It can be challenging at times, but isn't very much fun while doing so. The graphics are decent, and so is the sound, but the gameplay is very lacking. There is ZERO replayability and maybe 8 hours of gameplay. But it on a deep, deep sale if you must try it out, but it's not worth more than around $12.
  55. Aug 30, 2018
    An engrossing city builder / administration game, with bleak Cormac McCarthy-esque decision making.

+ Absolutely gorgeous visual design throughout, from the diegetic 3D world to the 2D animated UI. + Sustained challenge in gameplay, supported by mid/end game crises. + Engaging story supported by context driven events and tutorialisation. - Too distant from individuals within the

+ Sustained challenge in gameplay, supported by mid/end game crises.
    + Engaging story supported by context driven events and tutorialisation.

- Too distant from individuals within the simulation, can't quite feel emotional for your characters and oft see them as a resource.
    - LImited play duration and replay value - you can eke out 30-40 hours by changing scenrio parameters, but it doesn't add enough extra.
    - Some optimal pathways and imbalances; you need to make sub-optimal choices to push through all of the content.
  56. Jul 16, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not a bad strategy. Any of your actions have consequences. Also at some point you can decide how you will survive. Hope or Obedience (Sectarianism). Expand
  57. Apr 24, 2018
    A beautiful and addictive game. It constantly challenges your decisions, making you want go deeper and deeper.
  58. Apr 27, 2018
    In the summer of 1886, Britain froze: a snow storm destroyed the fields, leaving the whole country without food. Hunger and cold quickly brought the country to turmoil, but the real misfortune waited ahead - from the south was an icy storm, the equalities that mankind has not yet seen. To save people from destruction, the government sent construction expeditions to the north of theIn the summer of 1886, Britain froze: a snow storm destroyed the fields, leaving the whole country without food. Hunger and cold quickly brought the country to turmoil, but the real misfortune waited ahead - from the south was an icy storm, the equalities that mankind has not yet seen. To save people from destruction, the government sent construction expeditions to the north of the country: on resource-rich lands, they decided to build steam generators capable of heating entire cities. In the context of the eternal cold, shortage of resources and the absence of any help from the outside generators were the last hope of survival chelovechestva.Tak so happened that when I sat down at Frostpunk, in just cut off heating, outside a few days the hurricane raged, and the temperature was barely above zero. Wrapped in a blanket and kept refueling hot tea, I quickly imbued with the harsh atmosphere of survival under the ubiquitous cold. When the thermometer is in-game once again fell on a couple of tens of degrees, all my insides sneaks vsamdelishny chill, and the suffering of virtual citizens perceived as a personal tragedy. Seriously, if you want to spend a dozen hours of unforgettable feeling dying polar explorer, during the game lean on ice cream and adjust the air conditioner colder. A unique experience is guaranteed. We have to manage a newly formed settlement, all of whose inhabitants are united by one goal - to survive. And it will not be easy to reach: houses for the first townspeople are only to be built, and the starting stocks of coal, timber, steel and food will very soon end, and they will have to be renewed independently.
    The first few days the temperature is kept around -20 ° C. For experienced refugees it's a trifle - you can not even put on a hat, - and the generator is not going to run for anything yet: it's better to save fuel to more severe frosts. Until the cold hit, some of the settlers will be engaged in night hunting, five engineers will conduct research on new technologies, and a few more people will be in the medical unit.
    Labor is one of the most important resources: in real buildings only real workers can work, in medical units and in factories only engineers will cope, but, for example, there is always not enough in the mines of the hands, and everyone is welcome here. It is often necessary to several times a day to transfer specialists between enterprises in order to serve and develop the city as soon as possible. If you do not heat people properly, some people will certainly fall ill, and some may even die. Next to the generator is warm, but the place near it, by itself, is limited, and the mines are located in the very outskirts, and to heat them is a separate headache.
    The town-planning part of Frostpunk is deep and extensive: the developers have thought through a lot of subtleties connected with the extraction of resources, their constant shortage, dependence on the cold and limited workforce - lovers of the genre game is unlikely to disappoint.
    The first fifteen days to relax does not give a terrible deficit: it makes you constantly shrink, save on every little thing and look for new loopholes for survival. Then it starts to cool quickly, and the consequences of the next temperature antirecord have to be neutralized on the go. Part of this will help the development of science: there are lots of research options, and by the fiftieth day I barely had time to study the last remaining branch - there are simply no unnecessary improvements in the game. If desired, you can even build a fully automated colony, replacing human labor with a mechanized one. Steampunk is the same! A significant part of the Frostpunk's charm is kept in an atmosphere of despair and harsh struggle. Artists 11 bit studios managed to convincingly show how difficult it is to survive on a patch of land around the generator: for the first time sending people to harvest timber, I admired for ten minutes how tiny little people warm their hands by the fire, with torches making their way through snowdrifts and shivering from the cold, trampling on narrow paths. From the heat of steam heaters, snow melts, exposing the gray earth, and gigantic automatons clumsily, as it should be steam engines, step over the buildings and are charged from the generator. Even the temperature changes the player feels on a par with the inhabitants of the colony: in the frost under the forty screen is literally icing.
  59. Apr 24, 2018
    Superb game, can't be better for 30 USD !
    New kind of games, great graphics.
  60. Apr 28, 2018
    This game is just amazing. Such depth, atmosphere, really fun and intuitive gameplay... i couldn't stop playing it for like 5 hours in row... Totally BUY it!
  61. Jun 21, 2018
    Frostpunk's intense and haunting nature is effectively amplified by its excruciating yet gratifying final moments of ultimate survival, despite the lack of any real sense of replay value.
  62. Dec 2, 2019
    Game is over hyped with little options for longevity. I've seen better graphics in a RTS zoomed in to ground level then this forced top view gaming experience.

- Sound is the best part of the game - No sandbox option (only story line or paid DLC yet still dependent on choices with no mistakes) - No multiplayer - No mod support - Game play is like 6-8 hours without replay fun Game

- Sound is the best part of the game
    - No multiplayer
    - No mod support
    - Game play is like 6-8 hours without replay fun

Game is over hyped
  63. Apr 26, 2018
    Eu já era muito fã de This War of Mine por ser um dos jogos indies mais atmosféricos, te prende facilmente com as mecânicas e gráficos que combinam com a drama de uma guerra, ainda ajudando com caridades em War Child DLC (vale a pena ler a descrição dessa DLC pois ela é conceitual e ajuda em caridades). Frostpunk não é muito diferente, apesar desse clima tenso e triste permanecer no novoEu já era muito fã de This War of Mine por ser um dos jogos indies mais atmosféricos, te prende facilmente com as mecânicas e gráficos que combinam com a drama de uma guerra, ainda ajudando com caridades em War Child DLC (vale a pena ler a descrição dessa DLC pois ela é conceitual e ajuda em caridades). Frostpunk não é muito diferente, apesar desse clima tenso e triste permanecer no novo jogo, ele te obriga a fazer escolhas muito mais difíceis do que em This War of Mine, você vai se sentir por muitas vezes obrigado a fazer coisas ruins para manter a sobrevivência de uma cidade inteira. Belíssimo jogo. Expand
  64. Apr 27, 2018
    Another FANTASTIC game by 11 bit studios. While they may not be a Tripple A studio, or have a very extensive library, the games that they put out are consistently of high quality, and Frostpunk does not disapoint or even break stride.

Beautiful atmosphere, beautiful setting, beautiful music, just beautiful in every single aspect; and for only $30!

10/10, would highly recomend.
  65. May 1, 2018
    This strange game... Maybe strangest i have ever played. And i am still thinking what is so good about it, because i usually enjoy some fantasy action or rpg. It is supposed to be boring meh, but on the contrary, its so intense, that its hard to believe. And it made me even cry, when i managed to save arks and help other city in second scenario.
    10, because it fully deserves it
    (small
    10, because it fully deserves it
    (small con are quite demanding graphics, with this kind of game, and this looks - strange)
  66. Apr 25, 2018
    THIS GAME IS PURE CITY BUILDING / STRATEGY GOLD, it got me hooked in for 6 sweet hours that felt like a hour, I really needed a game like this.
  67. Apr 25, 2018
    If u like This war of mine heavy atmosphere and hard decisions, you will also love Frostpunk. It has all i expected from this game. Best game of 2018 so far, worth every penny.
  68. Apr 24, 2018
    This game is super. New type of playing and new type of city survival. When you enter the world. It will blown up your mind. You have to calculate and plan so your people will not die for nothing.
  69. May 25, 2018
    A bit short on content, but it’s one hell of a ride. Every game I started begged to be finished in one sitting.
  70. May 14, 2018
    Got me interested for 2 days till late night..but then meh.

Too bad the replayability is low (but the devs are promising to fix this)

Still great game, and you have to make choises and some of them are taking the moral side of the your soul (who we are? and what we can do to achieve something?)
  71. Nov 26, 2018
    Brilliant. Excellent blend of strategy and survival. It gives the city building genre what it's always been missing - purpose. Don't just build the city, survive!
  72. May 16, 2018
    Solid survival management game, well-paced, but it's a bit short with little replay value.
  73. Jun 5, 2018
    What can I say? I was hoping this game to be some kind of an unique RPG. When I found out this was going to be a city builder I was a little disappointed. Not that I don't like city builders (in fact I am a great fan of Cities Skylines and Sim City 4) but this game (just like the previous game of this studio) was said to put a heavy focus on moral dilemmas and hard decisions. So the genreWhat can I say? I was hoping this game to be some kind of an unique RPG. When I found out this was going to be a city builder I was a little disappointed. Not that I don't like city builders (in fact I am a great fan of Cities Skylines and Sim City 4) but this game (just like the previous game of this studio) was said to put a heavy focus on moral dilemmas and hard decisions. So the genre was not what I was expecting. That is why I decided to wait for the initial reviews and then I gave it a try. I was really shocked. This game exceeded my expectaions. The visuals, the music and the atmosphere are really unique! The game appeared to be not just a simple city builder but also a survival game. This game makes you care for the people you manage. I hope they will add more policies to choose from to make the immersion even bigger. The difficulty level was quite high at first but when you figure out the major mechanics it gets easier. I finished all 3 scenarios and I failed only on my first playthrough. I must say this is not a kind of a game that will keep you busy for a very long time (at least for now). I hope they will add more content to the game, just like the creators of Cities Skylines did. Endless mode is a must! Expand
  74. May 13, 2018
    Just finished main campain... I have no words.. omg.. One of the best games of my life (and I played quite a few)!
    This is strategy game yet story/narative/production deserves a medal...
    Last 2 hours of campain, no food, coal is running out... I can see I am done, 8hours of building a settlement and 500ppl are gonna die, heat generator is in overload and will explode any second...
    This is strategy game yet story/narative/production deserves a medal...

"Send a child to fix a generator? It will probably die in there..." I guess I have to...
    ...
    last 50 coal, 0 food, 98% overload generator and I get to the end of winter.. WOW
  75. May 3, 2018
    Good gameplay, still quite short and not much to do after finishing main story(I spends only 6hr).
    There're scenario mission but still it feels repetitive and not that different from main story.
    This war of mine is better in replayability.
  76. May 12, 2018
    Pf.. I can't believe people cry about $ for this game. It's an amazing feat, I enjoyed it and was blown away by its atmosphere. If you found the strategy short of starcraft.. then that's too bad. Strategy elements are deep and absorbing in this game. I can't wait to see what they bring with the expansion.
  77. May 13, 2018
    This game is very good at emulating the ideal leadership where one has to make tough calls and make decisions for the good of the society. It can be hard at times and sometimes, it has made me quit all together. But, the atmosphere, the graphics, art style, the gameplay, and the pity you have for your own people will keep you coming back again. However, i do think that they could haveThis game is very good at emulating the ideal leadership where one has to make tough calls and make decisions for the good of the society. It can be hard at times and sometimes, it has made me quit all together. But, the atmosphere, the graphics, art style, the gameplay, and the pity you have for your own people will keep you coming back again. However, i do think that they could have optimized this game a bit more in terms of frame playablity. Good Luck and a Wonderful Leadership To You!! Expand
  78. May 2, 2018
    Impressive game play and atmosphere, very challenging game modes with lot of possibilities to survive.
  79. Sep 5, 2018
    original concept of mix of survival, strategy, managing and exploring elements.atmosphere getting sharper with the exclusive music.every single character has a story and a personality.graphics are so good for a strategy game.even if you're not a strategy gamer, you definately must try this game, so enjoyable.this game has a spirit.perfect work.
  80. Nov 30, 2018
    Its a master piece!
    Its another kind of city builder! Not that traditional statistics city builder! Its focused in social threats!
    The game has that dramatic atmosphere all the time! The soundtrack is great and matches the game perfectly!
  81. Jun 5, 2018
    Great game! Very nice survival management game. Love graphic, atmosphere, sound and gameplay!
  82. Apr 28, 2018
    Becomes quite repeatitive but when i noticed it i was 6h into the game so nice
  83. May 1, 2018
    This is "This War of Mine" on steroids!!! Really addictive and fun to play.
  84. May 3, 2018
    My expectations were low at the beginning but game's atmosphere enveloped me from the first second you I started playing.I felt for deeply for loss of each individual and a thank letter from an amputee made me happy as much a game can make .Decisions you make change the course of the playthrough. Surely one of the best I have played this year.Graphics are perfect and game economy isMy expectations were low at the beginning but game's atmosphere enveloped me from the first second you I started playing.I felt for deeply for loss of each individual and a thank letter from an amputee made me happy as much a game can make .Decisions you make change the course of the playthrough. Surely one of the best I have played this year.Graphics are perfect and game economy is dynamic.

This game is a must for those who like city building and survival games.
  85. May 18, 2018
    Easy to learn, hard to master. I have not found any BUG that affects the gameplay of the game. In addition, the best thing about this company is that they get free updates and DLC. The game is worth every hour that I have played, and the ones that I have left.
  86. May 30, 2018
    Absolutely awesome game ! its not a game its The Art of Game,just as you were in alternative world.

great game
  87. Jun 4, 2018
    Amazing Game !!. City builder done right also for my personal taste it has perfect lenght and for anybody who likes much longer games then about 15hours there are 5 free DLC coming in next few months for free.
  88. Jun 4, 2018
    This game is supremely addictive and a joy to play. Once you get past the initial hump and really dig into the meat of the game you'll find a lot of variation and depth to keep you interested.
  89. Jun 29, 2018
    One of those games where you start playing at 8pm in the evening and suddenly realise it's 6 in the morning and it's time to go to work. Frostpunk is simply epic. Anxiety-inducing apocalyptic survival strategy epic.

You're the last bulwark of civilisation, a flickering light of hope in a raging fimbul winter. Everything in the game emphasises this, from the ethical dilemmas, to small details such as frost forming around the edges of the screen as your city descends into chaos - and of course: the exceptional soundtrack. 11BIT has created an emotional masterpiece here that stands proud next to giants such as TLoU and the Witcher series.
  90. Aug 7, 2018
    Such an amazing game. The decisions you made wander in your head throughout the day.
  91. Oct 27, 2018
    I don't remember the last time, when I was thinking in my time-off computer about any game. In this case, I can't stop thinking about it - what is going to happen? Will I manage to survive incoming cooler whether? WIll I prepare my people well enough for it? This shows how much the game influences me and I love it.
  92. Feb 13, 2019
    Наконец что-то, что ты не видел уже тысячу раз. Похожего сеттинга я и припомнить не могу. У игры есть свой стиль и она нормально так держит в напряжении, а к концу так вообще вгрызается тебе в седалище. Даже кучу первых фейловых траев я по два с половиной часа отсиживал до конца. Чёрт да я даже бесился уже после нескольких попыток. Но стоило ли оно того? Да...Наконец что-то, что ты не видел уже тысячу раз. Похожего сеттинга я и припомнить не могу. У игры есть свой стиль и она нормально так держит в напряжении, а к концу так вообще вгрызается тебе в седалище. Даже кучу первых фейловых траев я по два с половиной часа отсиживал до конца. Чёрт да я даже бесился уже после нескольких попыток. Но стоило ли оно того? Да...
  93. Feb 21, 2019
    Are you interested to know, how far are you ready to go, if your survival is at stake?
    This game will get this answer from you, the hard way.
    This game will get this answer from you, the hard way.

You know your task, it is plain and simple - survive. During the game you are given choices. Choices that will shape the society, that you lead. The same individuals that put their fate in your hands. Solving problem after problem its easy to get carried away, and do something that later you will regret.

Sometimes you will win and feel like the worst human being. And sometimes exactly the opposite.
    Give this game a try.
  94. Dec 23, 2019
    Atmospheric Banished-style city builder but with a circular-shaped city, a focus on heating, and with citizens trying to overthrow you.

Pros: - stylish atmospheric frost/ice-punk graphics together with the music keep a depressed mood and do their best to share the despair of your citizens - a unique mechanic of a circle-shaped city where you need to place every building as close as

Pros:
    - a unique mechanic of a circle-shaped city where you need to place every building as close as possible to the center where the heat generator is.
    - you have to adopt strict laws (like e.g. make children work, or decide what to do with frozen limbs) and would usually eventually create a dictatorship

So-so:
    - just like most of games of these type, it's a simulation where you keep optimizing stuff for as long as possible. Scripted story evens and variations in the temperature try to introduce more challenge. Some of these feel artificial. E.g. just when you've solved the heating, hunger and medical issues and everything is running smoothly, people start wanting to leave. If you into games about passive optimization and adapting to random/scripted events, it will be fine though

Cons:
    - NONE
  95. Jun 19, 2020
    One of my favourite games. The extreme difficulties will really push your planning skills.
  96. Jun 9, 2020
    Frost Punk is a good city simulation game. Music and Art Style are very well done. Gameplay is ok, not too depth in management. It is more focused on making choices from various events. Unfortunately, once you beat the game, replayability is low. However, developers compensate that with few different scenarios, which gives some differenet vibe for a while.

Overall, It is good game with

Overall, It is good game with good graphic and music but mechanic focused more on narrative and making choice, not much replayability because the mechanic itself lacks of complexity.
  97. Feb 26, 2020
    Captivated me in the beginning, but it soon became apparent that the game lacks debt and there is not much to it when you figure out the basics, then it becomes boring and stale
  98. 4y4
    Feb 15, 2020
    Amazing atmosphere and great game but I would not play this again. One time is enough for me.
  99. May 9, 2020
    Весьма оригинальная игра, с захватывающей атмосферой
    Радует наличие разных режимов
    Система города хорошо проработана
  100. Mar 4, 2020
    Challenging, story driven, your choices matter. What else could you ask for in a game like this. The graphics and feel of the game are incredible and help you dive right into character. Every decision counts and this game brutally punishes you for any mistakes. Will be played many more times to come.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 67 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 5, 2020
    Frostpunk is a city-building simulation game that puts an emphasis not just on efficiency, but also the moral qualities of the player as a leader. Even if you normally don’t play simulation games, you will definitely be able to appreciate its uniqueness on a lower difficulty setting.
  2. Mar 14, 2019
    Frostpunk is bleak. Really bleak. Each decision serves not to ensure progress, but to ensure survival against overwhelming odds. It’s essentially a Crisis Management Simulator, and I love it for that. Just remember to play something more cheerful immediately afterwards.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 13, 2018
    Scripted events will get annoying, but the very foundation chills to the bones. Extraordinary building strategy, with which you will literally freeze. [Issue#286]