7.6

1. Apr 28, 2020
    Thank you for very Much, Microsoft, The Coalition, Splash Damage, Rod Fergusson, and Phil Spencer.!
    Gears Tactics, is very Cool tactical Game!
    I love Halo, Gears, Forza, Ori, Fable, I love XBOX!!!
  2. May 10, 2020
    Enough to scratch the x-com itch, until something better comes along.

Pros: - Solid turn based tactics - Fits the gears cover shoot style - Enjoyable cutscenes - Optimization - On Game pass Cons: - Not as good as x-com - No destructive environments - Story is not interesting, but then again, its gears. - Not enough enemy variety A good solid game that does more right than
    Enough to scratch the x-com itch, until something better comes along.

Pros:
    - Solid turn based tactics
    - Fits the gears cover shoot style
    - Enjoyable cutscenes
    - Optimization
    - On Game pass

Cons:
    - Not as good as x-com
    - No destructive environments
    - Story is not interesting, but then again, its gears.
    - Not enough enemy variety

A good solid game that does more right than it does wrong. I just wish MS can put in more effort into their games. It sometimes feel like they are not aiming for greatness and just sort of good enough levels...
  3. May 14, 2020
    As someone who has put a lot of time into Xcom and Xcom 2, I was excited for a new take on that style of turn based shooting genre. While Tactics adds a lot of quality of life changes some Xcom players may enjoy seeing (such as multiple shots on overwatch, cool-downs on things like grenades, etc), this is kind of like a pretty but very dumbed down version of Xcom.

Pros: -Graphics

Pros:
    -Graphics
    -Innovative changes to existing mechanics like overwatch and consumables
    -Very well optimized- I've encountered very few bugs while playing
    -A 90% chance actually feels like a 90% chance to hit
    -A more risk-reward loot system for weapon mods rather than sheer luck

Cons:
    -Mediocre story
    -Grindy, repetitive missions and lack of variation on enemies
    -Very simple (to a fault) customization system, and lack of variation
    -No between mission content: games is purely about Main missions and side missions; you get a big ass mobile transport in the beginning and it is never revisited.

The game isn't explicitly terrible, but my initial thoughts ranged initially from disappointment to frustration as I found the game just wasn't worth all the frustration I had with it. I saw a review on here where someone basically called it a mobile game, and that's pretty close. Take Xcom, give it some streamlined changes, and make it more grindy and more focused on the action and less on the story. Do that, and you pretty much have gears tactics. At LEAST wait for it to go one sale- this is not a $60 USD game by any stretch.
  4. May 3, 2020
    Gears of War works perfectly in a turn based format. The Xcom-like gameplay is really well thought out, utilizing everything that makes Gears of War unique; the setting and atmosphere, the range of enemies as well as weaponry and executions. Unfortunately, the game is let down with some dry characters and narrative. Part of what made the original trilogy great was the foursome squad andGears of War works perfectly in a turn based format. The Xcom-like gameplay is really well thought out, utilizing everything that makes Gears of War unique; the setting and atmosphere, the range of enemies as well as weaponry and executions. Unfortunately, the game is let down with some dry characters and narrative. Part of what made the original trilogy great was the foursome squad and their interaction with each other. While this isn't essential in a turn based Xcom-like, it's highlighted by the lack of character customization. Out-of-combat gameplay (base building, mission choice, etc.) would have also added to the fantastic base gameplay of Gears Tactics. If you can look past those points however, the game is an absolute steal on Gamepass. Expand
  5. Jul 28, 2020
    I'm a fan of tactics games and I love almost everything but not this time - it's not a tactics game it doesn't have anything from tactics instead of a camera angle. I drop this game, so sad that I paid for this my time and money.
  6. May 9, 2020

-- Price
    -- Inventory

Overpriced average Game
  7. May 25, 2020
    Game has a TON of potential, if they can make some improvements I could see a sequel being very good, but as it stands, this game is average compared to the likes of XCOM.

The good: - Graphics are the best of any tactics game ever made. - Level design is pretty good. - Story is quite good for a tactics game. - Well thought out skill tree for the soldier classes. - Mission

The good:
    - Graphics are the best of any tactics game ever made.

- Level design is pretty good.

- Story is quite good for a tactics game.

- Well thought out skill tree for the soldier classes.

- Mission gameplay has some cool innovations like action point system, boss fights, etc.

The bad:
    - Game feels incomplete without a base building and/or upgrade strategy layer. Just running missions over and over and collecting weapon mods is not enough.

- Difficultly is bad. Experienced is way too easy, and Insane is too frustrating to be fun (unless you enjoy getting 1 shot from across the map from a grenade launcher and having to restart a million times). You can do everything perfect and just get one shotted by these grenade dudes, which would be fine if this was aka XCOM crit, but it happens so often on missions where you instantly lose if your units die that it's simply not acceptable. What this means is that the only viable strategy in most Insane missions becomes "kill everything in one turn or re-load". XCOM2 had this very same issue in pre-expansion that they eventually had to improve with weapon balancing and enemy mechanics. And to add insult to injury, you can not only not quicksave, but when you re-load the game forces you to watch the same unskippable cutscenes over and over each time. Awesome.

- Soldier experience gain is tuned very strangely, where you get a ton of absolute soldiers to recruit that almost always come in at... higher level than your own squad. It's almost like the game expects your soldiers to constantly die, and yet (in Insane difficulty) it's almost always impossible to succeed at a mission if a single soldier dies, which means in reality none of your soldiers can die due to having to constantly reload. So I guess you are suppose to constantly throw away your squad and replace them with the higher level soldiers? This is very unusual, IMO soldier XP should be increased.

- Loot is not well designed. For some reason mission rewards give useless white and blue weapon mods that you get for free when recruiting soldiers anyway. Also, what is the point of having items with +health, when virtually every single enemy 1 shots your soldiers regardless?

- Loot is tedious to constantly swap your best weapon mods on your active soldiers every mission through a scrollble UI that was obviously built for consoles and not PC.

- Cosmetic options are cool, but the way they unlock forces you go go into menus and check them every time.

- In a post Fire Emblem Three Houses world, any tactics game without a built in save scumming mechanic is going to get called out, and this is no exception. You're going to reload if one of your units dies anyway (in many missions this is instant failure reload anyway), so why not just build the mechanic into the game?

- Lack of modding support. In fact, the game does some kind of file check each time that even prevents you from modifying files at all. This is inexcusable. If I had known they did this BS ahead of time I prob would not have purchased game.
  8. May 19, 2020
    Absolutely loved this game - so much so that I didn’t want it to end.
    I pretty much loved everything about it, the graphics are crisp and beautiful, the story is great, the customisation is plentiful and it has more to offer. I really hope they bring out some story based DLC as this deserves a lot of attention for quite some time.

Game of the year contender
  9. May 20, 2020
    Worth a try if you like XCOM or Phantom Doctrine. Well made UI except for some minor bugs.
    Pros:
    - Graphics
    - Animations
    - Controls/UI
    - Story
    - Included in the Microsoft game pass for 4€ a month
    Con:
    - No base building
  10. Jun 22, 2020
    Me llevó alrededor de 30 horas completar la campaña y me sorprende lo bueno que fue, teniendo en cuenta que este es el primer juego de estrategia de The Coalition. Si eres fanático de la franquicia o no, o un fanático que nunca jugó un juego de estrategia como XCOM antes, es bueno y definitivamente vale la pena tu tiempo. Juego divertido e intenso, gráficos increíbles y un juego deMe llevó alrededor de 30 horas completar la campaña y me sorprende lo bueno que fue, teniendo en cuenta que este es el primer juego de estrategia de The Coalition. Si eres fanático de la franquicia o no, o un fanático que nunca jugó un juego de estrategia como XCOM antes, es bueno y definitivamente vale la pena tu tiempo. Juego divertido e intenso, gráficos increíbles y un juego de estrategia por turnos muy bueno. Y puedo verme repitiéndolo más tarde. Expand
  11. May 6, 2020
    Let me save you time.

Its a lazy, half assed, X-Com game. A cheap imitation of a great game. BUT- If all you care about is playing around in the Gears of War world. If you dont mind a mobile version of a good game.....thats the best analogy i can make about the downgrade in quality this game is from X-Com 2. Then go mess with it for a bit. Just dont buy it. Youll regret it.
    Let me save you time.

Its a lazy, half assed, X-Com game. A cheap imitation of a great game.

BUT-

Then go mess with it for a bit. Just dont buy it. Youll regret it. Rent it,borrow it, sign back up for gamepass for a month and play it. Then when you get bored in an hour or two, you can leave it behind with no big loss.

Between Crackdown 3, Gears 5, and this -- XBox has become a second tier game developer. I hope they farmed out Halo:Infinite -- No one wants to see that franchise fall to the current depths of the Gears of War IP, mediocrity.

Overall --The bare minimum spiced up with the slowly eroding "Gears" name.
  12. May 5, 2020
    Competent squad tactics game. 7/10, not essential. Play if you're a huge fan of the genre or Gears.

Pro:
    -Fun overwatch and one-hit-kill mechanics

Neutral:
    -Unit customization
    -Environments/maps

Cons:
    -Atmosphere
    -Drama/Narrative
    -Repetitive, meaningless missions
  13. May 4, 2020
    Ultimately just an OK addition to a genre that doesn't get a ton of love from AAA studios. It's got some good features, but unfortunately it does nearly everything a little worse than XCOM.

The good: -Varied and interesting character design options -Perk-based armor customization -Solid "downed" system that gradually increases danger instead of just death -Solid production values

The good:
    -Varied and interesting character design options
    -Perk-based armor customization
    -Solid "downed" system that gradually increases danger instead of just death
    -Solid production values in the maps, enemies, characters

The bad:
    -No base-building mechanic
    -Without base-building, important NPC's are forced to be combat NPC's
    -Important NPC's in-combat add additional insta-loss conditions
    -Fiddling with gear required when you shuffle your crew, and you're required to shuffle your crew somewhat frequently (X-COM also has this issue)
    -Story-based missions reduce the variety of combat *a lot* - I didn't realize how important it was that X-COM randomly generates the majority of it's missions, just "samey" and literally identical really are different.
    -Lengthy animations for moments like chainsaw kills that are cool the first few times, then just repetitive
  14. May 12, 2020
    Worst strategy game I’ve ever played. Incredibly annoying mechanics, things that don’t make sense and repeat missions. An ally with a mini gun will miss a house sized boss 10 feet away, first red flash. The overwatch feature ruins the game for me as the enemy can have 12+ units over watching your max of 4, making certain points in the game seemingly impossible on normal difficulty 2nd redWorst strategy game I’ve ever played. Incredibly annoying mechanics, things that don’t make sense and repeat missions. An ally with a mini gun will miss a house sized boss 10 feet away, first red flash. The overwatch feature ruins the game for me as the enemy can have 12+ units over watching your max of 4, making certain points in the game seemingly impossible on normal difficulty 2nd red flash. Same side missions over and over again to progress the main story (for an unnecessary amount of time) this is the formula for an embarrassing game. I would be embarrassed to have made this game just like I am embarrassed to have played it. Rip game dev careers. Expand
  15. May 1, 2020
    Its so good to play a turn-based tactical strategy game in dark brutal gears of war world and Thanks to Xbox u can play this 60$ game on gamepass. First i must say the graphics and attention to details in this game is so amazing that it makes Gears Tactic one of the best looking strategy game i've ever played. Gameplay is simple and u learn most tools u need in tutorial like overwatchIts so good to play a turn-based tactical strategy game in dark brutal gears of war world and Thanks to Xbox u can play this 60$ game on gamepass. First i must say the graphics and attention to details in this game is so amazing that it makes Gears Tactic one of the best looking strategy game i've ever played. Gameplay is simple and u learn most tools u need in tutorial like overwatch mechanism which is really good . besides being simple the gameplay is actually very complicated in higher difficulties. I also like upgrade system which u can change all weapons parts and fully customize your characters.
    cons:
    1-story is very short and linear
    2-gameplay is repetitive especially side missions
  16. Apr 28, 2020
    After the recent XCOM, it's just amazing. I hope that the 2nd part of Tactics will be released and will be even better.
  17. Apr 29, 2020
    Top quality tactical turn-based RPG. Best XCOM follower since 2010. Please, more of the same!
  18. Apr 28, 2020
    Excelente jogo, com uma gameplay diferente dos outros Gears, mas mantendo o padrão de qualidade, gameplay frenética, gráficos bonitos.
  19. Apr 28, 2020
    Jogão, um dos melhores jogos por turno de todos. A ambientação é um show a parte
  20. Apr 28, 2020
    Es un juegazo definitivamente, me sorprendió no me esperaba mucho del estudio The coalition, pero me taparon la bota con este juegazo, espero que no lo llenen de negativos como siempre lo hacen aquí por el solo hecho de ser de Microsoft, soy muy fan de este genero y me alegra mucho tener un genero de este estilo.
    por el momento llevo 10 horas de juego y me ha parecido excelente, su
    por el momento llevo 10 horas de juego y me ha parecido excelente, su apartado grafico es brutal, el sonido y las mecánicas del juego están muy pulidas, lo único negativo que algunas misiones secundarias son bastante parecidas a las principales, pero el resto todo bien.
  21. Apr 28, 2020
    I was honestly afraid this couldn't possible live up to XCOM 2. And i was delightfully mistaken, combat wise this is my new favorite Turn Based Strategy game. I hope this comes out with a sequel and it expands on the world and mechanics.
  22. Apr 29, 2020
    Super duper mega klasse! Must have! Habe den ersten akt durch gespielt und bin echt begeistert, das ist so ziemlich das erste taktik shooter game das ich spiele und ich bin jetzt schon echt geflasht
  23. Apr 29, 2020
    This is outstanding, excellent game! In my PC game runs smoothly on ultra quality settings. Storyline made very cool, especially first act! Bosses very horribly and huge! Castomization of my team - convenient and beautiful feature! So many options accessable in barraks for customisation! Gameplay likes me. Three action points - this fresh decision, overwatch system is excellent, and veryThis is outstanding, excellent game! In my PC game runs smoothly on ultra quality settings. Storyline made very cool, especially first act! Bosses very horribly and huge! Castomization of my team - convenient and beautiful feature! So many options accessable in barraks for customisation! Gameplay likes me. Three action points - this fresh decision, overwatch system is excellent, and very helpful in tough battles. Overall, game costs of EVERY cent! Developers, thank you so much for this marvelous game! Expand
  24. Apr 28, 2020
    Best game in its genre, perfect to play with game pass. The gears universe is perfect with this kind of game.
  25. Apr 28, 2020
    Juegazo!! Desde el tutorial hasta las misiones principales. Corre muy fluido y la traducción como el audio es digno de un juego de la saga principal.
  26. Apr 28, 2020
    Не скажу, что я фанат тактических игр, но я их люблю. Tactics - прекрасный образец своего жанра, дорогой и продуманный, с качественными катсценами и сюжетом. Игру, понятное дело, еще не прошел, но буду с нетерпением ждать вторую часть.Не скажу, что я фанат тактических игр, но я их люблю. Tactics - прекрасный образец своего жанра, дорогой и продуманный, с качественными катсценами и сюжетом. Игру, понятное дело, еще не прошел, но буду с нетерпением ждать вторую часть.
  27. Apr 29, 2020
    In general I'm not a big fan of Turn Based strategy game but man, this game it's just sooo damn good!
    The graphic is stunning and almost every mechanics and every moves feels like an authentic Gears game, the story is well written and main characters are interesting and captivating.
    The pace is frenetic and there are some situations where you have to defend and maintain your positions and others where you've to attack and perform executions to gain extra actions points.
    The customization of your gears is complete and let you create and personalize your army as you like.
    In short this game surprised me and I strongly recommend it to all GOW fans.
  28. Apr 29, 2020
    Flips the xcom formula enough that it feels unique and its great. I honestly didn't know what to expect with this title, but four hours flew by today and I have been chuckling my way through this game!!! Highly recommended!!
  29. Apr 28, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gears Tactics est un excellent tactical au tour par tour qui fait un superbe travail de fusion entre le style et l'action de Gears et les mécaniques établies par XCOM. Les batailles tactiques sont intenses et satisfaisantes l'une après l'autre, et c'est absolument fantastique à jouer Expand
  30. Apr 28, 2020
    Gears Tactics - an exciting tactic with incredibly beautiful graphics, interesting missions and well-developed mechanics, which could have been better if the authors of the game paid more attention to the story. Otherwise, we have a great project for fans of the genre, regardless of their loyalty to the Gears of War franchise.
  31. Apr 28, 2020
    Gráficos muito bons! Mesmo sendo um jogo por turnos (que eu sou viciado) tem uma cadência de gameplay muito boa, não perde aquela emoção e correria de GEARS!! Muitas opções de personalização dos chars! Um RPG tático de verdade mas sempre sendo GEARS! Violento e frenético, tomara que a Microsoft faça mais jogos assim por turnos!!!
  32. Apr 28, 2020
    Genial juego de estrategia, no es malo experimentar así con las franquicias! Deleite total, Pero cuidado ! Si no te gustan los juegos de estrategia mejor ni lo toques
  33. Apr 29, 2020
    This game is a blast to play. I was able to create my own cog solider and take him into Battle. There are so many ways to make each character unique. Can't wait for Xbox release. Hopefully along side a multiplayer option
  34. May 10, 2020
    I am sick of AAA devs that do not ship finished product. There is considerable part of playerbase that have GT102 or GT111, GT112,GT113 and other issues that literally prevent them to play the game.

This is travesty. The main explanation on the support side is that "The error “GT102” indicates the GPU has stopped communicating with Windows." The last time I checked Microsoft owns the developer. They cannot get their own game running on their own operating system.

I really am sick of this. Why should we tolerate that an AAA studio releases a game in such a poor state that large portion of playerbase literally cannot play it because of developing decisions or poor testing? You are AAA producer. Do your homeowork. And this is not as if Gears Tactics is an inovative game using new technology. You are literally comming in the footsteps of years old games like X-COM. Why you cannot do your due dilligence and ship a product that is actually working?

You know what? Here is my rating for that corporate corruption and frankly - laziness on management level.
  35. Apr 29, 2020
    El juego está bastante bien hecho, muy robusto, la jugabilidad correcta, derrocha calidad por todos lados, para ser un juego fuera de su zona de confort esta muy bien logrado, recomiendo su compra aún así no hayas jugado ningún juego de la saga.
  36. Apr 28, 2020
    Refreshing entry that is addictive and fun! Here’s hoping Tactics becomes its own spin off franchise. Well done Splash Damage and TC.
  37. May 4, 2020
    What a surprise. Gears Tactics improves by far the XCOM approach.
    What a surprise. Gears Tactics improves by far the XCOM approach.
    In-game, this game is much more strategic, the rhythm is much more fun and engaging, there is not as much silly animations that one has to endure through it. It felt more rewarding flanking and for some reason when I was missing shots it didn't felt as frustrating as in XCOM, it feels more natural when you are supposed to hit or not. The customization options are pretty satisfying and the tech trees are complex enough to customize the way you see fit.
    Would like to see more strategic options outside missions, but still, the game is really good where that absence doesn't fill as heavy since the in-game gameplay is so satisfying.
  38. Apr 29, 2020
    Grandioso juego, gráficos exquisitos, gran personalización, una gran banda sonora, una campaña bastante larga y una historia interesante, si bien es más simple que otros juegos del genero la verdad es que, da mucha mas libertad para poder actuar, no hagan caso a los trolls y los fanboys de xcom que flodean las reviews, es juego bastante bueno y que si tienes gamepass deberias probarlo.
  39. May 2, 2020
    This game is way much better than I expected, a real great surprise from Xbox game studio friends.
  40. Apr 29, 2020
    microsoft. mejoro mucho y sobretodo los aciertos y dificultades normalmente tiene los xcom.
  41. May 6, 2020
    Well, i dont know about you, but i liked more than gears 5. A lot of little details in gameplay, character customization and actions you can do in the game makes it way better than the horrible xcom chimera fornite squad. The story is at the same level of the previous gears. Recommended.
  42. Apr 28, 2020
    Muy buen juego tactico, han simplificado el tema de los recursos de las bases tan habitual en este tipo de juegos. La personalización de pjs esta bien y la atmosfera del lore de Gears of war también muy conseguido. 100% recomendable. Y el hecho de salir en gamepass es algo que la gente que no lo tenga no sabe lo que se pierde. Muy bien Microsoft.
  43. Apr 30, 2020
    Um bom e competente jogo do gênero. Realmente é bem impressionante o que o pessoal conseguiu fazer. Quando comparo com o Chimera e o Phoenix Point chega a dar pena deles. Gráficos no padrão Gears. As missões são um pouco repetitivas e o jogo tem alguns bugs, mas de modo geral é bem bacana e com um gameplay super viciante e satisfatório.
  44. May 1, 2020
    Gears Tactics does a great job of updating the turn based strategy genre. Movement is fluid and emphasizes the look and feel of Gears of War without feeling tacky. Battles rarely become a bogged down slug fest like many other strategy games. Gears Tactic does a great job keeping the pace moving forward. Character customization and item drops are plenty.

My 8 year old PC isn't able to

My 8 year old PC isn't able to load the highest graphical setting, character textures are smoothed over, but game-play runs without issues. Play this game!
  45. Nov 16, 2020
    Jogo nada interessante, fica devendo em gráficos e criatividade muito monótono basta 1 hora de jogo pra você não querer mais nem a cor do game sinceramente me sentiria envergonhado de lançar algo do tipo para novas gerações, Microsoft novamente fica devendo no requisito capricho e amor nos jogos exclusivos
  46. Apr 28, 2020
    I thought Xcom Chimera would be better well i was wrong Gears Tactics is superior in almost every way compared to the latest Firaxis title. First the graphics are superb for a turn based game the sounds and voices are top-notch and the gameplay is very polished and simple. The only thing that i don't like that much is the plot i wish it was more mature. Well done Microsoft for creating aI thought Xcom Chimera would be better well i was wrong Gears Tactics is superior in almost every way compared to the latest Firaxis title. First the graphics are superb for a turn based game the sounds and voices are top-notch and the gameplay is very polished and simple. The only thing that i don't like that much is the plot i wish it was more mature. Well done Microsoft for creating a great strategy game Expand
  47. Apr 28, 2020
    Большое спасибо Microsoft за отличную тактику. Прохожу на Xbox One X в издании Youtube Edition. Игра классная, интересная, графонистая!
  48. Apr 29, 2020
    One of the worst "x-com" like games I've had the pleasure of playing.
    Every single aspect of this game besides the graphics is simply mediocre and/or bland.
    The only upside to this game is the Microsoft is more or less giving it away through game pass.
  49. Apr 28, 2020
    Great gameplay and unexpectedly fast pace makes for an exciting experience... Must play for lovers of the gender and for new comers
  50. Apr 28, 2020
    Would have been a 10 for me if not for the lack of a more meaty strategic layer but hey, its Gears, not Xcom and this is one solid Gears game that feels like a Gears game. Solid sound and visuals really immerses player into the Gears world. Somehow it feels like Space Marines to me, fast paced, high stake, badass characters and executions u nvever get sick of.
  51. Apr 29, 2020
    Visually this is stunning, loving the detail of the art and general change in scenery this game has. While it lacks some of features when compared to others in the genre i feel this makes up for it in abundance with amusing VO /character interaction and really intense clutch moments. Best in Genre on a technical level for sure.
  52. Apr 28, 2020
    Maravilloso juego, excelente jugabilidad, este tipo de juegos de estrategia valen demasiado la pena, que gozada de juego.
  53. Apr 28, 2020
    Great game and it`s good that the franchise is developing in different directions!
  54. Apr 28, 2020
    Was not expecting such a fun game finally Microsoft is coming with the bangers.. we have had such a bad gen this is really looking good for series x
  55. Apr 28, 2020
    Excelente juego, es de mis favoritos (hasta ahora) del genero junto a XCOM aunque tiene muchas cosas de él, tiene esa esencia Gears que le hacia falta a la franquicia.
    Recomendadisimo totalmente si te gusta este tipo de jeugos.
  56. Apr 29, 2020
    Best ever tactic strategy! Wonderful designed combat mechanics, interesting bosses. BLOOD & GUTS! Yeah baby! It's a tactic strategy about real men! It's not like piece of **** **** like x-com chimera squad yhat was made for ****s by ****s!
  57. Apr 29, 2020
    AMAZING tactic experience, im the person who always plays tactic games. And gears tactics is just AWESOME. Have a lot of action, a lot of hard choices, I love this game.
  58. Apr 29, 2020
    I am very surprised how much fun this game is. I love XCom but I think this game is just more fun and Plays better but it still provdes enough tactics to be an in Depth Strategy game.

Cut Scenes and Story is great and actually quite lengthy so I can definitley recommend this game!
  59. Apr 29, 2020
    Excelente ponta pé no gênero , se equiparando muito bem com jogos do gênero como xcom e mutant year zero , além dos gráficos e dublagem excelentes , espero poder continuar vendo próximos jogos da saga em outras plataformas simultaneamente com o Xbox
  60. Apr 30, 2020
    Good volume, Good characters, Good action, Good X-COMish but still unique gameplay.
  61. Apr 28, 2020
    O jogo possui uma mecânica mto boa, além de uma história bem desenvolvida e gráficos Excelentes. Gears Tatics é um exemplo a ser seguido no gênero de RPG tático
  62. Apr 29, 2020
    This game is more casual than XCom series, but it introduces some cool new mechanics and I'm actually enjoying it more. Graphics and cutscenes are awesome and I feel like playing regular Gears game.
  63. May 7, 2020
    После разочарований последних частей XCOM, это игра очень порадовала! По мне очень шикарна система прокачки персонажей, было очень интересно пробовать новые ветки скилов! Ставлю минус бал, только за приевшиеся в конце проходные миссии, видимо для увеличения времени прохождения игра! Но отдельный респект за боссов! Заслуженно 9/10!!! Буду ждать продолжения!!!После разочарований последних частей XCOM, это игра очень порадовала! По мне очень шикарна система прокачки персонажей, было очень интересно пробовать новые ветки скилов! Ставлю минус бал, только за приевшиеся в конце проходные миссии, видимо для увеличения времени прохождения игра! Но отдельный респект за боссов! Заслуженно 9/10!!! Буду ждать продолжения!!!
  64. Apr 30, 2020
    Brilliant. Hope to see a sequel. I would love to see some base mechanics added to the game, just to add more replayability. But this game is so much fun.
  65. May 1, 2020
    Didn't really play or was into Gears games at all before this came out. But once I gave this a try, it really blew me away. It gives you vibes of Xcom Strategy and the classic Gears feel and mixes together really well.
  66. May 1, 2020
    An interesting game and different from the other Gears released I liked the style I hope the Coalition releases more games from the franchise so who knows a battle royale in the style of Cod Warzone
  67. May 3, 2020
    Xbox com on roids Give it a go.only bad thing I could say is I wish u could build base and did more stuff in menu and vs but this game dose it dose better than any over out there action and doesn't stop boss are great .dont miss out
  68. May 10, 2020
    I haven't finished it yet but this game is great. I love turn based action games and this one is on XCOM 2 or Jagged Alliance 2 level!
  69. Apr 29, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. العبة جميلة والجرافكس فيها جبار واسلوب العب ممتع Expand
  70. May 8, 2020
    The Game is well optimized and THIS IS a real Gow game, but xcom style view... Well done cutscenes and graphic... A little repetitieve but very funny and very good game. Buy it when price lower a little.
  71. Apr 30, 2020
    Interesting game, makes you want to dust if the old gears titles. Would be great to have multiplayer support.
  72. Apr 28, 2020
    mediocre, quiere y copia toda de xcom pero sin llegar a su calidad, es una basura
  73. Apr 28, 2020
    The game isn't that bad to me but it looks like a plagia of Phoenix Point to me, the only good point of this game it's the Gears licence.
  74. Apr 29, 2020
    Mecosoft milking an already dead franchise, Gears of War is nothing without Cliffy B.
  75. May 10, 2020
    Since Starcraft 2 I haven't had so much fun in a strategy game, Gears Tactics is excellent.
    Nice graphic's, music and narrative.
  76. Apr 30, 2020
    Very good game, better than Phoenix Point. Phoenix Point has some cool additions for a tactical turn based combat game but seemed janky. This game is fluid and fun with great story and fair RNG.
  77. Jul 1, 2020
    Beat Gears Tactics on Experienced difficulty. Very well done game.

Game(s) like: XCom

Pros:
    - Kinda enjoyed the no grid system
    - Graphics, presentation were top notch
    - Just a fun game to play with a good mix of skills to make the tactics interesting

Cons:
    - About 20% too long - the side missions dragged
    - The navigation system to add equipment was kinda annoying
  78. May 26, 2020
    An XCOM clone with Gears characters, setting, and story. There isn't much here that you haven't experienced already if you've played XCOM already, but it's still a fun game nonetheless. My review is based on the Experienced (hard) difficulty level.

There are some balancing issues in this game which feel like oversights that could've been easily improved upon. Healing is pathetically weak in the beginning, overwatch is a pretty broken mechanic for fighting off overwhelming numbers, and several frontline classes feel underwhelming compared to others. Secondary mission objectives tend to be unforgivably difficult and give mediocre rewards, making them an unnecessary effort in most cases. The bosses are insanely difficult and ten times harder than standard missions, which is just not fun.

The reason why I gave Gears Tactics an 8 is mainly because of how it gets repetitive as you progress deeper into the game, and how the bosses are just plain torture, particularly the final one. The first act drags on a bit and doesn't engage you all that much, but that improves from the second act onward. The variety in map objectives, intelligent AI, and team composition system are all praiseworthy. If you were to rent this game with the Xbox Game Pass, then it's probably a 9 or a 10 from sheer value. But at retail price, an 8 is all it deserves.

For people without a decent rig: This game isn't optimized and eats up CPU for breakfast, so watch your temperatures in case they get too high. Also, if you don't have a recent GPU driver installed, this game can overheat your GPU and crash the game, so be sure to update your driver as well.
  79. Jul 2, 2020
    I love the strategic video games, this genre is one of my favorites and I can tell this, this game is a Masterpiece great story, interesting characters, beautiful graphics what else do you need! I can't wait to play the Xbox One version.
  80. May 1, 2020
    Un juego asombroso, la jugabilidad y el diseño de los ecenarios son muy sobresalientes, magnifico juego e historia.
  81. Nov 18, 2020
    Some of the best cutscenes in gears. Interesting gameplay. Amazing story that finally gives a look at new characters past.
  82. Apr 30, 2020
    Nunca joguei um jogo no estilo XCOM (Com Turno), o motivo por estar jogando Gears Tactics, e pela a sua história, e até o momento está me agradando, nunca pensei que um jogo por turno me traria tanta diversão, os personagens estão balanceados até o momento em que eu joguei o jogo, por se passar alguns anos atrás do Primeiro Gears a história está fiel ao jogo, sistema de customização deNunca joguei um jogo no estilo XCOM (Com Turno), o motivo por estar jogando Gears Tactics, e pela a sua história, e até o momento está me agradando, nunca pensei que um jogo por turno me traria tanta diversão, os personagens estão balanceados até o momento em que eu joguei o jogo, por se passar alguns anos atrás do Primeiro Gears a história está fiel ao jogo, sistema de customização de personagem e como criar um personagem em um RPG, só que não é tão complexo mas... fico feliz por montar um personagem do seu gosto, o jogo não e pra todos, como disse em cima, nunca joguei um jogo por turno, mas o jogo me agradou tanto a Gameplay quanto a história recomendo pra quem é novato na franquia Gears of War. Um ótimo jogo a todos que jogar : )

Tempo de Jogo : 4hrs
    Gamertag: JuanMacedo09
  83. May 1, 2020
    Divertido,muy pulido y bien trabajado,aporta novedades a los juegos de estrategia
  84. May 5, 2020
    This was my first foray into the TBS genre. I have never played an XCOM game before but all I can say is WOW. This game was absolutely amazing!

The graphics are stunning and the settings menus/benchmark are nothing short of a PC gamers wet dream. The game runs like a dream and is a pleasure to play, I played it via Game Pass and had zero issues (once I adjusted my settings a bit) some of the non-essential characters kinda look like play-doh but all the main characters look AMAZING. Well done

The sound is exactly what they used in Gears 5. Great sound all around. Great mixture of highs and those bombastic lows the series is known for. the voice acting is also fine. Not great, not bad. Wont say much else on the sound

The story was surprisingly good. I really didnt know what to expect here but it was a great story of a small band of gears and outsiders. I loved every second of it and the climax of the story was great! Also had a pretty satisfying conclusion as you finally meat Gabe up with Reyna. (Kait Diaz's parents)

Overall the game was amazing. I really have almost zero complaints. The difficulty was perfect and anytime I failed a mission I felt iike it was my fault and I shouldve taken a different approach. The boss battles are BRUTAL and you will die. But its a part of the learning process and when you finally take the bosses down its soooooo satisfying.

No game is perfect so this is an easy 9/10 for me. If you are even slightly interested, go get this game!
  85. May 1, 2020
    The game is good for a moment I think ok base turn my type of game will be straight forward but notis really intense more than Xcom, the only complaint is the gear upgrades is so slowly and tedious chance and upgrade it
  86. Jul 8, 2020
    This game is extremely well designed, has kept me interested for weeks. A slight let down is the weapon/gear management, I don't find it too polished. But the gameplay more than compensates this. remember: OVERWATCH.
  87. Oct 27, 2020
    Bugged mess. Four missions in, two restarts becouse of bugs. Can't recommend it
  88. May 3, 2020
    Good tactics for 2020. It game is good than X-COM Chimera Squad. Waiting for 2 part.
  89. May 4, 2020
    Es un juego excelente, con una gran historia, muy bien ambientado en el universo Gears, aunque xcom "comenzó" todo gears tactics lo refinó.
  90. May 9, 2020
    Nice job Microsoft. Very good game. I'm not a big fan of Turn Based strategy game. but this game really good.
  91. May 10, 2020
    If you like turn base tactic games like Xcom or Mutant Year Zero you need to check this game out. Im not saying its the best of them but it feels fresh, combat is more dynamic, you will not get bored! must play
  92. Jun 21, 2020
    Great TBS game, if youare a fan of xcom this a game for you. It also nicely expands the Gears Universe
  93. Nov 15, 2020
    A bombastic clone of XCom (the recent versions) with some primitive story and 3 action points instead of 2. The game just doesn't let you play: at every step you are interrupted by cutscenes. Everything is scripted: enemies appear at scripted times, it's a "cinematic experience" more than it's strategy.
    There is no "sandbox" or multiplayer, or random battles or anything, just the linear story.
    The "tactics" word in the title is misused. It's probably more of a turn-based RPG. Well ok, that's what passes as strategy on XBox, fine.
  94. Oct 15, 2020
    Very simple and shallow. Tries to be like that alien game but fails in every way.
  95. Jul 30, 2020
    very much designed for console peons, just look at how the missions are laid out in slices. You do everything perfectly, suddently you have to move to the exit point which was never communicated before, and it is located on the other side of the world. Several missions are like this, designed to drive you into doing something, then at the end SURPRISE... infuriating waste of time, designedvery much designed for console peons, just look at how the missions are laid out in slices. You do everything perfectly, suddently you have to move to the exit point which was never communicated before, and it is located on the other side of the world. Several missions are like this, designed to drive you into doing something, then at the end SURPRISE... infuriating waste of time, designed for 17 years old who have plenty of time to repeat the same crappy missions ad nauseam. It may look like there are several ways to play a mission out but in reality there is ONLY ONE and if you dont do it like that you will have to restart.
    Inventory management as well is needlessly nested into tons of submenus, due to consolitis affected interface. You need to click back and forth so many times just to change some mods on weapons that it is depressing.
  96. Dec 18, 2020
    Endlich Feierabend, ab nachhause und vielleicht zocken.
    Hm, Gears Tactics? Naja, Lust hab ich da nicht so recht drauf aber probieren wir es halt mal.
    Acht Stunden später...
    Ups, schon 0.30Uhr?!? Hm, eine Runde noch?
  97. May 12, 2020
    Gears Tactics appears deceptively good at the start, but shows its true colours the longer you play it.

First off I will say the game is very well-made, it has butter smooth performance, the visuals are stunning and the audio is solid. The gameplay flows well with incredible animations and crisp transitions, something which is often not the case in this genre. I also love the 3 AP system where you can do any action in any order without ending your turn.

For the first couple of hours I was hooked, but then the problems arise. The main one being the complete lack of mission types, you end up doing the same missions over and over again, with no variety at all. There’s also little to no map variety so every mission feels the same. This is made worse by the fact you’re forced to do multiple side missions to continue the story, and they’re all the same, often with unfun rules or restrictions. If they made these side missions optional it would help massively. I cannot stress enough how boring the game gets by chapter 2, and especially chapter 3.

Other than the repetitiveness, the other major issue is customization which is completely lacking, made worse by a confusing UI. There’s very little you can do to make your units stand out, and you can’t edit the heroes at all. Changing the colour of their armour is about as far as you’re going to get. There’s also no base building elements or overarching objective à la XCOM.

Overall Gears Tactics is a great base of a game, just not a complete one. It’s very much possible that they could improve the game massively with patches but it’s more likely we’ll need to wait for a sequel to unlock the full potential of the series.
  98. Jun 1, 2020
    Very cool and fun game. The boss battles are great. I did enjoy the hit system better than x-com. It seemed way more fair and I rarely missed those 90% shots.

The game would be better if it had a way to filter equipment as scrolling through it is a pain when equipping each gear. Mission variety needs improving too.

Overall a great start to what I hope becomes a series of games.
  99. Jun 18, 2020
    This is a must play for any strategy fan. But it's not your usual gears game.
  100. Jun 20, 2020
    +good plot
    +good graphics
    +interesting game-design
    +ok gameplay
    ~no destruction sysem, shame. inventory made not informative and not comfortable to use and we have no base as in xcom
    much better then xcom.sjw.poLice
    would recommend even if u don't know what is gears of war
    -small maps is not ok
    -repitative missions is not ok

Generally favorable reviews - based on 92 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 14, 2020
    Gears Tactics is an exciting game with incredibly beautiful graphics, interesting missions and well-developed mechanics, which could have been better if the authors of the game paid more attention to the story. Anyway we have a great project for fans of the genre, regardless of their loyalty to the Gears of War franchise.
  2. Aug 21, 2020
    Gears Tactics proves that there is a place for an awesome turn-based strategy game in the Gears universe. Now, someone needs to develop that game.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 23, 2020
    Gears of War from a bird's perspective. An interesting system of action points is brought down by repetitive content with a boring grind of boxes with equipment and a weak story. [Issue#303]