8.8

1. Oct 17, 2020
    A classic action RPG. The Gothic series was acclaimed by fans and critics for its story, characters and technical prowess in graphics and small loading times. On the other hand it was famous for a lot of bugs and on day 1 it was a nightmare to play. After some time and many patches the bugs were (mostly) solved. To get an understanding you can read the documentation for the patches. A veryA classic action RPG. The Gothic series was acclaimed by fans and critics for its story, characters and technical prowess in graphics and small loading times. On the other hand it was famous for a lot of bugs and on day 1 it was a nightmare to play. After some time and many patches the bugs were (mostly) solved. To get an understanding you can read the documentation for the patches. A very long list. I played pretty late so I have not experienced many bugs and I am glad for it. But back to the game. The kingdom of Myrtana is at war with invading orcs. Without weapons made out of magical (infused) ore they would be in great troubles. Because they need as much ore as they can every criminal is convicted to forced labor at the mines. To prevent escaping the king tasked a group of his best mages to created a magic barrier around the mines that kills everyone that left the perimeter (Going in is not harmful). But something goes wrong and the barrier gets a lot bigger and captures the mages too. Additionally the prisoners rebel and kill all the guards. Because the mages can not undo the mistake the king cant send in troops because every man he sends will be trapped inside and he needs everyone to repel the invasion. They made an agreement. The former prisoners will deliver the ore and receive everything they want in exchange. Here starts the story of our nameless hero (Not a joke. It gets a running gag that he gets interrupted each time he wants to tell his name:-). He is thrown into the barrier and wants to escape. The story itself is great and has many twists and some surprises. It has great characters that I still remember years after I played the game like Diego, Gorn, Lester, Xardas, Lee and Lares. There is also a good portion of humor and an in-game concert for the band “In Extremo”. As you gain experience you level up and gain skill points. You can use these to train (increase) your abilities and learn skills like lockpicking, acrobatics or to gut animals. I always used bows as ranged combat is pretty useful against all enemies. Be warned you can explore nearly every part of the map early one. This is often an instant death as even wolfs are dangerous without good armor. There are of cause far more dangerous enemies as wolfs. I like the struggle for better armor, weapons and developing your character. You will feel the improvements making the difference. There are also multiple factions in the game that have branching parts in the story. You must chose one after a certain time. Lets get to the technical side. The graphics were really good for its time but demanding a lot from PCs. The loading times were also short. The soundtrack was good and as mentioned you get an in-game concert. Overall this was a must play for its time after the patches solved all issues. I liked it back then and think it is holding up well for its time. I think also I should warn more modern players. Elders Scrolls has improved the formula and make this game look inferior. Also on day one I would subtract many points for the bugs. I rated it as classic because I had no bugs (Because I waited long enough). Expand
  2. Oct 10, 2020
    That's a game I played all my childhood with my brother. While the controls are clunky, the overall experience is unique. The graphics don't look good, but there's a certain beauty in them. What impresses the most in Gothic is the story. It seems simple at first, you are trapped and you want to escape. Only later you discover that there are secrets and you might have to kill a god get out.
  3. Oct 2, 2020
    If you can get past the atrocious controls and combat, Gothic is a superb fantasy RPG. Combined with an immersive world, a great soundtrack and an interesting story, Gothic is a must play for any RPG fan.
  4. Sep 24, 2020
    I always liked Piranha Bytes games, even if they had some little missteps during their career. But I really love the first Gothic chapter. And as a big RPG fan in general, I have to say that Gothic is outstanding. The world is beautiful, the quests super interesting and the atmosphere is incredibly dense. Every single-player RPG fan should play this game!
  5. Aug 20, 2020
    By far the best PC game in the world! The dialogs, the atmosphere, the story, the open world and the amazing graphics for 2001! Sure it had some bugs and the controlls are a bit weird but when you get used to it you never want something different!

I played it as a child and i still play it today! If you want a awesome PC game and you can overlook some troubles that comes with an 19 years old game you will find youre eternal happiness here :D
  6. Aug 14, 2020
    CONS:

- Outdated graphics (understandable since the game is from 2001) - Clunky controls (you get used to it, but feels very weird at the start) - No crafting shortcuts (ex. if you want to grill 50 meat you have to go through "grilling" animation 50 times) - Navigating through the menu can be annoying PROS: - Great story - Absolutely immersive - Perfect map size (memorable
    CONS:

- Outdated graphics (understandable since the game is from 2001)
    - Clunky controls (you get used to it, but feels very weird at the start)
    - Navigating through the menu can be annoying

PROS:

- Great story
    - Absolutely immersive
    - Perfect map size (memorable world - quality>quantity approach)
    - No annoying cinematics
    - You can climb almost everything
    - Actions have consequences
    - Minimal loading screens (there are almost none)
    - Fighting animation improves / changes as you improve abilities (ex. at the start you hold one-handed sword with two hands, but after you learn ability you swing it better and hold it with one hand)
    - You learn abilities through teachers (as opposed through "magical" UI like in other RPG's *cough* Skyrim *cough*)
    - There are no "invisible walls" that you cannot go through, but instead, map boundaries are defined by smartly placed enemies that will kill you (if you cannot kill something it means you are not ready for it, and you should go other way and get stronger)
    - The map is an actual physical object that you have to buy, and some dangerous areas are left hidden in map because dangerous beasts live there so person giving you map doesn't know what is there (that section can be "unlocked" when you meet strong NPC who has been there - he draws it on your map)
    - One of the only games where NPCs actually help you out a lot, to the point where you actually wish to help them, same applies in reverse, some will bully you around and you will want to take revenge later (oh boy does it feel satisfying)
    - All of the side quests are carefully thought out and are equally interesting as the main quest
    - You can transform into different beasts making it possible to avoid certain enemies / enter secret locations (great for speedrunners / 2nd playthrough)
    - Enemies can get mad at you and stop talking to you
    - Actions have consequences!
    - Night and day cycle - guards have shifts, their own routine
    - You can do parkour (when you unlock "acrobatics" you can dash around and jump from building to building)
    - When you craft items you have to physically do the whole process (ex. a heating sword, hitting it with a hammer, dropping it in water, and sharpening it)
    - Lockpicking is very interesting - mini memory game
    - Chest items are not random but carefully put in depending on how hard it is to reach it
    - NPC's react when you walk into their house / pull out a weapon in the middle of the city
    - Animals don't attack you immediately but give you warning first / chance to go back

The list goes on and on, but sadly my fingers started to hurt :P It's a game that literally comes once in 10 years (alongside Gothic 2, which is also amazing)

Would recommend it to anybody! Just note that it is necessary to look for mods online because it is still 2001 game and needs some additional work to make it run on a modern system (Windows 7, 8, or 10). Thankfully there are some YouTubers who made this process trivial.
  7. Aug 9, 2020
    i have nothing to say it's beatiful game but gothic 2 is better because of many bugs in this
  8. Aug 3, 2020
    The best RPG game ever. Why play Gothic?
    The deep history of the worked-out world, though small! Many modern RPG's with an open but uninteresting world may envy this. There will be no strange overloaded scenes or lessons at every step, but the game will immerse you in the world of Gothic, like an interesting book.
    The battle system archaic but you will learn how to fight or do magic step
    The best RPG game ever. Why play Gothic?
    The battle system archaic but you will learn how to fight or do magic step by step and you will fill how your power is growing. You will think twice before you spend the last skill points. Also, you will think a lot before you attacking a pack of bandits or monsters or just silently skip them.
    I think this is the most atmospheric and immersing game from old times.
  9. Jul 31, 2020
    Es un juego estilo rpg, para su época era muy innovador. Y detallista, aparte de ser al principio un juego muy difícil con el que si no sabes que hacer quizás te quedarás en una parte atascado, lo demás del juego lo deberíais experimentarlo vosotros.
  10. Jul 18, 2020
    Most Underrated Computer RPG of all time! Great Open World and rewarding combat!
  11. Jul 4, 2020
    Топ игра
    Топ сюжет
    Топ открытый мир
    Топ персы
  12. Jul 2, 2020
    2001 yılına göre şaheser bir RPG oyunu. İlk başlarda çok zorlansanız da, dark souls misali güçlendikçe oyuna zevk gelmeye başlıyor ve bağımlısı oluyorsunuz. Normalde 9 dan aşağı puan almayacak oyundur. Ancak oyun eski diye bugları yok sayamayacağım malesef. Oynarken sık sık buglarla karşılıyorsunuz. Bu da oynarken deli edebiliyor. O yüzden 9 değil de, 8 veriyorum sırf yapıldığı yıla2001 yılına göre şaheser bir RPG oyunu. İlk başlarda çok zorlansanız da, dark souls misali güçlendikçe oyuna zevk gelmeye başlıyor ve bağımlısı oluyorsunuz. Normalde 9 dan aşağı puan almayacak oyundur. Ancak oyun eski diye bugları yok sayamayacağım malesef. Oynarken sık sık buglarla karşılıyorsunuz. Bu da oynarken deli edebiliyor. O yüzden 9 değil de, 8 veriyorum sırf yapıldığı yıla saygımdan.
    RPG seviyorsanız kesinlikle kaçırmayın. Oyundaki buglar oyunumun içine edecek cinsten ciddi buglar değildi ama oyunumu çok baltaladılar.
  13. Jun 21, 2020
    Underrated legendary RPG, still playing it from time to time, it feels so real. Only small minus is that this game has kinda clunky controls, but you'll get used to it.
  14. Jun 20, 2020
    Самая лучшая RPG из всех что я играл, очень атмосферная и мрачная, мне кажется даже лучше 2 второй части которая тоже ссыскала любовь многих игроков мира, прошёл игру более 3 раз, советую и всем тем кто любит мрачную RPG с квестами.Самая лучшая RPG из всех что я играл, очень атмосферная и мрачная, мне кажется даже лучше 2 второй части которая тоже ссыскала любовь многих игроков мира, прошёл игру более 3 раз, советую и всем тем кто любит мрачную RPG с квестами.
  15. Jun 3, 2020
    +500 exp points for nostalgia. This is my childhood game and with first 3D crpg of my life. Game is buggy, controls are terrible but this climate of prison under magical brier is absolute fantastic!
  16. Jun 2, 2020
    My favorite RPG ever. In contrast to ELEX, they were rewarded for tedious battles by EP. Or when exploring the game world not punished with toilet paper ... which is clearly for the ass. You found exclusive items and could look forward to it. The urge to discover the and reward for that was once the Piranha Bytes formula, the other studios such as CD Project Red have recorded andMy favorite RPG ever. In contrast to ELEX, they were rewarded for tedious battles by EP. Or when exploring the game world not punished with toilet paper ... which is clearly for the ass. You found exclusive items and could look forward to it. The urge to discover the and reward for that was once the Piranha Bytes formula, the other studios such as CD Project Red have recorded and perfected, but not ELEX. Not to believe that it should be the same developer team .... maybe the then masterminds are not there for a long time. 9/10 because of the obsolete graphics Expand
  17. Mar 31, 2020
    Ось це та гра, яка дійсно заставляє тебе відчути, що таке життя в темному фентезі. Ти поживеш (якщо проживеш, і не згориш) життя з самого дна, коли ти безпомічний лох та до найсильнішої істоти на карті! Однозначно 9 (не 10 тільки тому, що ще є 2 частина)Ось це та гра, яка дійсно заставляє тебе відчути, що таке життя в темному фентезі. Ти поживеш (якщо проживеш, і не згориш) життя з самого дна, коли ти безпомічний лох та до найсильнішої істоти на карті! Однозначно 9 (не 10 тільки тому, що ще є 2 частина)
  18. Mar 29, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's best RPG ever! Depressive atmosphere in new camp, strange atmosphere in old camp, and crazy, no...SANITY atmosphere in swapmy camp. unlike other RPGs, the main character is not welcomed by everyone and they don’t give him a bunch of quests and gifts, no, most of him are scornful and suspicious, it’s a pity that the series died and didn’t finish properly :( Expand
  19. Mar 21, 2020
    Ведьмак 2001 года. 2,5 калеки, работающие в подвалах за месячную заработную плату в виде буханки хлеба и 2 банок консерв просто взяли и забабахали лучшую РПГ 2001 года и конкурента сериии TES. А все почему, да потому что игра сделана с душой. Сюжет, атмосфера, персонажи, музыка — ВЕЛИКОЛЕПНО. Ролевая система тоже неплохая, нету дебильного геймдизайнерского решения с ломанием шмоток. ИгреВедьмак 2001 года. 2,5 калеки, работающие в подвалах за месячную заработную плату в виде буханки хлеба и 2 банок консерв просто взяли и забабахали лучшую РПГ 2001 года и конкурента сериии TES. А все почему, да потому что игра сделана с душой. Сюжет, атмосфера, персонажи, музыка — ВЕЛИКОЛЕПНО. Ролевая система тоже неплохая, нету дебильного геймдизайнерского решения с ломанием шмоток. Игре можно было бы залпом ставить 9, а то и 10. Но к сожалению есть у игры пара огромных минусов. Во-первых, конечно же баги и некоторые из них чуть ли не убивают желанье проходить дальше. Я так не смог магии нормально обучиться. Тут конечно стоит отметь тот факт, что как выше было написано, игру делали на коленках, чуваки были за идею так сказать, поэтому багов было не избежать. Но спустя сколько патчей так и не убрали? Ладно, теперь про странные решения относительно контент-дизайна. Я ни в одной другой игре с открытым миров и РПГ составляющей не помню, чтоб меня так часто заставляли бежать в одни и те же места. И ладно хуй с ним, но в игре нет нормального фаст-тревелла и лошади тоже блять нет ! Свитки быстрого перемещения выдают далеко не сразу, да и места куда ты можешь телепортнуться можно пересчитать на пальцах одной руки. Есть конечно элексир скорости, который немного сглаживает это дело, но его мало и он ненадолго. Слава богу хоть карта небольшая, а то я бы точно ёбнулся. Квест с Хую-Мулу, поиск юнитров это минус жопа. Мне еще никогда в играх так сильно не хватало транспорта. В конце вам выдадут меч, только при помощи которого можно убить мобов в конце. Вся проблема в том, что он двуручный. Для того чтобы им бить, а не махать как инвалид палкой, надо идти обратно в лагерь и обучаться у какого-нибудь крокодила, которого еще искать надо. Мне пришлось бы бежать через весь данж обратно, только тогда сделать тп и потом возвращаться опять в этот данж. Вообщем кое-как прошел, лишь потому что нашел у себя в кармане запыленный свиток призыва скелетов. Проблема есть и в торговле. Нельзя просто взять и купить, неееет ишь че захотел пиздюк, надо либо предлагать вещи на такую же стоимость, либо перетаскивать руду по 10 штук в ячейку оплаты. Вы че там немцы угарели ?! В чем кайф держать зажатой 2 кнопки на протяжении 60 секунд, А ну и боёвка просто лютое дерьмище, просто тушите свет, даже расписывать не вижу смысла, там отдельную статью можно спокойно захуярить на нее. За такое просто расстреливать надо, чёртовы садисты. Короче качайте магию и стрельбу, иначе одно место будет болеть. Expand
  20. Feb 23, 2020
    Gothic ist ein Open-World-RPG aus Deutschland. Als namenloser Held wird man in eine Strafkolonie geworfen, die von einer magischen Barriere umschlossen ist und muss sich dort gegen Viecher und seine Mitgefangenen behaupten. So sammelt man Erfahrungspunkte und verbessert seinen Charakter mit der Zeit sowohl im Kampf, als auch in anderen nützlichen Fähigkeiten wie Schlösser knacken oderGothic ist ein Open-World-RPG aus Deutschland. Als namenloser Held wird man in eine Strafkolonie geworfen, die von einer magischen Barriere umschlossen ist und muss sich dort gegen Viecher und seine Mitgefangenen behaupten. So sammelt man Erfahrungspunkte und verbessert seinen Charakter mit der Zeit sowohl im Kampf, als auch in anderen nützlichen Fähigkeiten wie Schlösser knacken oder Akrobatik. Die Stärken des Spiels sind die hohe Immersion, die Gestaltung der Spielwelt, die derben Dialoge und die deutlich spürbaren Charakterentwicklung im Laufe des Spiels. Schwächen findet man besonders zum Ende in der Geschichte und in der selbst für damalige Verhältnisse recht unzugänglichen Steuerung und Menüführung. Insgesamt kann ich Gothic allen empfehlen, die Freude an Rollenspielen alter Schule haben, und über ein paar Ecken und Kanten hinwegsehen können. Expand
  21. Feb 15, 2020
    It's just a masterpiece of its time)
    I can easily say that my love. No game could have been as enjoyable as this one, and I'm a complete sucker)
  22. Feb 12, 2020
    Best CaRPG ever!!
    Best CaRPG ever!!
    The game began with the fact that they knocked me out, striking in the face. When I woke up, I realized that nothing good could be expected from the local community, therefore I pulled into the woods to hone my close fighting skills on roosters. Somewhat surprised that two roosters represented a serious danger to my life, I learned the Neo path and began to use the Matrix's vulnerabilities in order to fight evil creatures and even golems ... or to run away from them, which I also learned from a wandering acrobatics teacher. Once traveling the world, I met a hermit living in a rock cave. He told me an amazing and soulful story, from which I learned that he possesses a powerful artifact-magic ring. Killing him, taking the ring and finishing the joint, I went on. A little bit at a time, tripping over a huge stone, I fell into the cave, where I involuntarily disturbed the living skeletons. After killing them and taking the fire sword, I went back to the camp, realizing that my journey was coming to an end. On the way, the blacksmith forged armor for me, using the remains of formidable creatures that I had killed. Returning to the camp, holding a flaming sword in one hand and sending fireballs to the other, I finally found and punished my inhospitable offenders.
    ---------------------------------
    Игра началась с того,что меня вырубили, ударив в лицо. Очнувшись, я понял ,что от здешнего сообщества ничего хорошего ждать не приходится, посему рванул в чашу леса оттачивать навыки ближнего боя на петухах. Несколько удивившись, что два петуха представляют для моей жизни серьёзную опасность, я научился пути Нео и стал использовать уязвимости Матрицы, дабы бороться со злобными тварями и даже големами... или убегать от них, чему я также научился у странствующего учителя акробатики. Однажды путешествуя по миру я встретил отшельника живущего в пещере скалы. Он рассказал мне удивительную и душещепательную историю, из которой я узнал, что он обладает могущественным артефактом- магическим кольцом. Убив его, забрав кольцо и докурив косяк я отправился дальше. Чуть поодали споткнувшись о громадный камень, я упал в пещеру, где невольно потревожил живых скелетов. Убив их и забрав огненный меч я отправился назад в лагерь, поняв что моё путешествие подходит к концу. По дороге кузнец выковал мне доспехи, используя останки грозных тварей умертвшлённых мною. Вернувшись в лагерь, держа пылающий меч в одной руке и посылая шаровые молнии другой я наконец-то нашёл и покарал моих негостеприимных обидчиков.
  23. Dec 28, 2019
    So, there is a lot to say about this game. But let's focus on the positives and the negatives.
    Pros: great faction system, can be runned in really weak laptops, fun but simple story, satisfying progression and overall it is the start of a cult classic.
    Cons: Bit buggy, even tho expected due to the age of the game, might be hard for new players and somehow repetitive and sometimes even a

Cons:
    Bit buggy, even tho expected due to the age of the game, might be hard for new players and somehow repetitive and sometimes even a walking SIM.

The game is really good, considering it's age. For a simple, fun and quick game, purchase it on steam for a few bucks.
  24. Dec 27, 2019
    + Great atmosphere, interesting history and world with NPC living their own lives. Fantastic protagonist, many characteristic characters, sensational soundtrack, terrific polish language version.
    - Average graphics, few technical problems.

Definitely one of my favourite games. Coming back to it many times nad never got bored or disappointed.
  25. Dec 13, 2019
    Gothic is a fantastic, but quite old RPG.
    The writing is up to a standars, but combat, as always with Phirania Bytes is a bit off.
    Nevertheless a true classic.
  26. Nov 15, 2019
    Game not for everyone, for sure. Very dificult on the beginning, but after a few hours is very enjoyable.
    Mechanics are clunky, bugs are present but other things like story and atmosphere are outstanding.
    Hope they made remake of this, which bring me back to this world :)
  27. Nov 10, 2019
    This is one of the games of my life. I remember the times of primary school. I was spending all days playing this. Totally love it
  28. Sep 20, 2019
    I finished this game at 2k19 and its awesome!
    Great storyline, no loot boxes, no other **** things, else do you want?
  29. Sep 13, 2019
    Many bugs, poor controls and one of my favourite game that I beat more than 10 times. Great story, world, and idea in these times. Classic RPG.
  30. Aug 12, 2019
    The game is buggy and you need a community patch for it to run properly, you might wanna use some console cheats also because the game still bugs from time to time, but no other RPG ever got me so immersed in the world or it's universe. Honestly, it's a masterpiece (and the OST is amazing as well!)
  31. Jul 29, 2019
    The Gothic series, as I informally dub the 'Elder Scrolls of Europe', paved the way for many modern RPG classics, including Dark Souls, The Witcher, and darn near every modern European RPG as it stands today. It's rare that you come across a game like this. Sure, the controls are weird, it's a bit dated graphically by today's standards, and it takes a little bit of work to get running in aThe Gothic series, as I informally dub the 'Elder Scrolls of Europe', paved the way for many modern RPG classics, including Dark Souls, The Witcher, and darn near every modern European RPG as it stands today. It's rare that you come across a game like this. Sure, the controls are weird, it's a bit dated graphically by today's standards, and it takes a little bit of work to get running in a stable manner on a modern PC. However, trust me, it's worth diving into.
    It's an open world RPG, and not only was it one of the first of its kind in many regards, the game was executed in such a brilliant manner that it absolutely holds up even today, despite its age. The full voice acting is teeming with charm and character. The dialogue is a wonderful and almost paradoxical combination of serious and human, and tongue-in-cheek and not-taking-itself-too-seriously. The NPC day/night and life cycles are more detailed than even many modern RPGs. Every action seems to have far-reaching consequences. The game doesn't hold your hand, doesn't give you a unicorn to ride on and a pretty waifu to e-date, the NPCs don't treat you with unanimous kindness. The whole atmosphere is very "f*** you", very unforgiving, and as an extension, very believable. The plot is twisty and surprising. The interface is very minimal, and puts nearly all emphasis on continuing immersion (think SOMA's interface, which does the same thing).
    I grew up on the Gothic series, and I've probably played through it 20 times since then, and really does hold its replay value even after that many playthroughs. It's an absolute masterwork in immersive, atmospheric storytelling, and if you're a fan of the RPG genre, please do yourself a big favor and give it a go.
  32. Jul 25, 2019
    One of the best RPGs of all time.

+ First three Gothic games have the best world design in any RPG ever period.
    + True RPG
    + Atmosphere
    + Progression system

- game breaking glitches everywhere and modders always have to finish the games for Piranha
    Bytes which is pathetic. Almost as their attempt to make a sci-fi game called Elex.
    - combat system
  33. Apr 5, 2019
    Another great classic. Aged pretty badly, especially controls and graphic, but the most important here is atmosphere and good idea for the world and environment. I know that many modern players, who will try Gothic today won't like it. But for sure everybody should try.
  34. Nov 16, 2018
    Не совсем говно, но если бы не вторая часть, поставил бы балла 3. А так 5 Ксардасов.
  35. Sep 19, 2018
    Oh, the game of my childhood. So many good memories... Joining my first camp, killing my first orc, giving water to peasants, smoking my first weed... OK, enough with the sentimentality.

I never had any problem with the controls, it just came naturally to me. Catching story with some great twists, great atmosphere, challenging combat, memorable characters, tough enemies, EXCELLENT world design and exploration. You will lose, you will die, you will lose again but you will gain experience with this game every time. Gothic won't give you anything for free but it's really rewarding game.
  36. Sep 10, 2018
    Well, I can call this game "The Witcher at minimum settings" I like to play in a world hostile to me. Nobody takes you by the hand and explains how to play. An honest combat system that builds on your skill, rather than casual simplifications.
  37. Jul 31, 2018
    This game might be hard for a lot of people nowadays as it is unforgiving and doesn't lead you by hand. The controls are weird, but after you get used to them they are okay. The best thing is that a lot of quests can be done in many different ways.
  38. Jun 8, 2018
    the best RPG 2001-2004 (in my opinion), you can pereprohodit 100 times, quests, characters, magic, weapons all done qualitatively.
  39. Apr 24, 2018
    Amazing game.Amazing game. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg Expand
  40. Feb 12, 2018
    It is the great world adventures The game has several classes, not bad graphic for 2001, nice gameplay Its was worth playing in 2001 It deserves as minimum 8/10
  41. Feb 10, 2018
    The only redeeming quality it has is atmosphere. Nothing else. Controls were made by someone who has never touched keyboard or mouse. Combat was designed by someone who probably wanted people to suffer (nice work, Satan). And people seem to like it because they forced themselves to it.
  42. Nov 30, 2017
    The most overrated game I've ever played, People said this the best RPG of all time, plot will be masterpiece they said, they lying. This game is just ok nothing more maybe less. Story is...ok, it is boring sometimes. Combat System is...ok, Soundtrack is ok, characters are ok too! This game is ok! Ok......
  43. Nov 16, 2017
    Gothic 1 & Gothic 2 are the best games in my life. Incredible, living, open world barely no loadings and unforgettable atmosphere, Piranha Bytes is my favourite studio, and I wish Gothic 4!
  44. Nov 7, 2017
    This is without question the worst game of all time. The gameplay is horrible, the combat is laughable, it tried to copy TES and failed. The story is cliche and boring, it's like they hired kids to write the story of this game, the music is just pure cancer and the graphics, wow, i seen games from 1996 with better graphics. This is truly the most pathetic wannabe TES game ever made, theseThis is without question the worst game of all time. The gameplay is horrible, the combat is laughable, it tried to copy TES and failed. The story is cliche and boring, it's like they hired kids to write the story of this game, the music is just pure cancer and the graphics, wow, i seen games from 1996 with better graphics. This is truly the most pathetic wannabe TES game ever made, these indie developers should make their own game and not steal ideas. Expand
  45. Oct 30, 2017
    Problemas de compatibilidad con equipos modernos, si te funciona a la primera sin duda eres el elegido.

Juego que ayudó a establecer las bases del RPG occidental moderno. Una vez que hayas conseguido mediante guias que te funcione Gothic te quitará todo tu oro, te dará un puñetazo y te meterá preso en la Colonia. Una vez ya solucionados todos los problemas de compatibilidad, el juego

Una vez ya solucionados todos los problemas de compatibilidad, el juego es una maravilla.
  46. Oct 30, 2017
    Gothic è un gioco magnifico nonostante gli anni che ha. La trama è molto coinvolgente, il mondo è ben fatto e i personaggi sono ben caratterizzati. Unica pecca di questa edizione è che non c'è la traduzione in italiano.
  47. Oct 29, 2017
    Готика, готика, ГОТИКА!
    Величайшее произведение человечества! Это не просто игра, это отдельная жизнь, которую хочется проживать снова и снова! Сейчас конечно, обернувшись назад графика может казаться «не крутой», но для 2001 года, она была великолепной!
    А сюжет, это просто шедевр, одним словом! Сюжет который развивается в зависимости от Ваших действий и решений и в такие разные
    Готика, готика, ГОТИКА!
    А сюжет, это просто шедевр, одним словом!
    Сюжет который развивается в зависимости от Ваших действий и решений и в такие разные стороны, что хочется пройти игру на 2ой, 3ий..10ый раз, чтобы узнать все мелочи, разгадать все в этом великолепном мире!
    Войны, сражения, магия, обманы, расследования, политика, все это здесь есть!
    Игра понравится любителям таких фильмовкниг как «Властелин колец», «Хоббит», «Игра престолов».
    Пожалуй единственная игра, которая могла составить конкуренцию культовому «TES Morrowind»!
    1010!!!
  48. Oct 29, 2017
    Перепроходил эту игру наверное раз 20:) И очередной раз решил вспомнить сей шедевр в 2017 году) Играется на ура даже спустя столько лет ) Классика на века)
  49. Oct 29, 2017
    Я когда-нибудь рассказывал вам о своей любимой игре? Нет? Так вот дети. Садитесь вокруг меня и слушайте внимательно. Жил да был один герой, который пока им ещё не стал, но он был избран с рождения. Так вот, бросили этого героя без имени и прошлого в темницу и приговорили его к смерти. Но, вместо казни его отправили на далекий остров Хоринис, на вечную каторгу. За барьер, войти в которыйЯ когда-нибудь рассказывал вам о своей любимой игре? Нет? Так вот дети. Садитесь вокруг меня и слушайте внимательно. Жил да был один герой, который пока им ещё не стал, но он был избран с рождения. Так вот, бросили этого героя без имени и прошлого в темницу и приговорили его к смерти. Но, вместо казни его отправили на далекий остров Хоринис, на вечную каторгу. За барьер, войти в который мог каждый а выйти обратно не мог никто. Долина рудников, место ссылки всех преступников, вечная тюрьма из которой нельзя убежать. Там и оказался наш безымянный герой...

Вот такое вступление и нужно делать! Подготавливая людей на положительные эмоции, можно начать и обзор к игре. Каждый слышал о Готике? И каждый играл в неё? Нет. Почему? Потому что Готика - эта игра не для всех. Это что-то, типа Dark Souls того времени. Готика очень сложная и трудная для новичка игра. Она не прощает ошибок, всё там пытается тебя обмануть, ограбить и убить. Первый встречный не спросит твоего имени и не поздоровается в стиле "Приветствую тебя путешественник". Самый первый встречный даст тебе в морду и только после этого скажет "Добро пожаловать в колонию".

Сказать что Готика просто сложная, не сказать ничего. Тут даже есть боссы! Понимайте как хотите. Но здесь убить тролля или орка, это всё равно что убить Орнштейна и Смоуга в Дарк Соулс. Я ещё не раз буду сравнивать Готику с Дарк Соулсом, потому как, это две моих любимых игры. Ну и ещё, они и вправду чем то похожи.

Когда я в первый раз забрёл в Новый Лагерь, меня встретили как подобает в Долине Рудников. Меня развели. Один индивид попросил меня просто и ясно "Мужик отнеси воды крестьянам на поле". Отлично сказал я! Квест! ПЛЮШКИ после выполнения, красивые колечки и экспа! ЩАС!!! Расхотелся - размечтался. Раздав всю воду, этот Лефти, сказал что я теперь и дальше буду каждый день разносить воду крестьянам. Драться с ним я был не готов. Но у меня остались сохранения, перезагрузка спасла меня от кабалы.

После знакомства со всеми "особенностями" новой жизни, я стал понимать местный закон. И поэтому снова пришел к выводу - Готика игра не для всех. Здесь ты не герой, рубящий всех направо и налево. Тут простой кротокрыс и падальщик спустят тебя с небес и заставят думать головой, а не лететь сломя голову на всё что движется. Сейчас мода на симуляторы выживания? Что ж, попробуйте выжить здесь и тогда узнаете где действительно надо выживать, а не слушать сладкие диалоги о том, какой ты великий и непобедимый.

Мой вердикт игре 100/100. Готика - эта лучшая РПГ игра, всех времен и народов!
  50. Oct 28, 2017
    Зашел в игру- тебя избили
    Подошел к НПС- тебя избили
    Зашел в город- тебя избили
    Взломал дверь- тебя избили
    Попытался выполнить квест- тебя избили
  51. Oct 28, 2017
    No co tu dużo mówić.. podstawa dzieciństwa, setki godzin już spędzonych nad grą (poza steam) i pewnie kolejne setki nad nią spędzę. Bezimienny nigdy nie umiera :) 100% pozytyw.
  52. Oct 27, 2017
    Day 1: Arrived to colony, got beaten up, went to Old camp, told the guard I'm going to kill everyone here, got beaten up again.
    Day 2: Refused to pay "protection money", some digger tried to beat me up so I hid in the barrel, nearly got beaten up again.
    Day 4: Bought skirt in Sect camp, put on the skirt, got 3 joints of weed for free, increased my maximum mana by smoking weed. Day 6:
    Day 6: Met a drunk guy in New camp who offered me to sell his weed and split profit, sold weed kept the ore nuggets for myself.
    Day 8: Went to old mine, lured the guard away from his chest, cleaned up the chest, nearly got beaten up, sold him the key of his chest.
    Day 10: Grilled 250 pieces of meat, put a guy to sleep with a spell, robbed his house, got beaten up again.
    Day 11: Went into forest to collect mushrooms for the chef, got eaten by Shadowbeast.

10/10 Best game ever!

P.S. If you can't run it, stop complaining about it, use "Guides" section - there are plenty of suggested fixes, game works fine if your hands don't grow out of your ♥♥♥!
  53. Oct 27, 2017
    Лично для меня эта игра - эталон жанра Рпг. Небольшой, но открытый и проработанный мир, отлично прописанные характеры чуть ли не каждого NPC, интересный сюжет и покоряющая сердце атмосфера тюрьмы на свободе. Из минусов только неудобное управление к которому нужно лишь немного привыкнуть.

Номинировал игру в категории "Проверено временем", так как для меня Готика и поныне лучшая игра.
  54. Oct 27, 2017
    哥特王朝1应该是我玩的第一款3DRPG游戏了。
    当年在同学那里借了一盘盗版光碟,本体游戏我到现在都不记得名字了,本来是想玩本体游戏的,在安装时无意发现里面还有一款游戏,于是就安装来玩了一下,没想到一发不可收拾。
    超高的自由度,每个NPC都有自己的活动规律,他们会吃饭、睡觉、聊天、甚至是唱歌,当时真是被惊艳到了,这代入感,一连玩了几天,根本停不下来。 为了这份情怀,也必须点个赞!
    哥特王朝1应该是我玩的第一款3DRPG游戏了。
    超高的自由度,每个NPC都有自己的活动规律,他们会吃饭、睡觉、聊天、甚至是唱歌,当时真是被惊艳到了,这代入感,一连玩了几天,根本停不下来。
    为了这份情怀,也必须点个赞!
  55. Oct 27, 2017
    Der erste Ableger dieser einzigartigen Spieleserie aus Essen. Zur damaligen Zeit unglaubliche Freiheit im fesselnden Storyverlauf. Graphik damals auch top. Steuerung gewöhnungsbedürftig und auf den ersten Blick etwas umständlich, gewöhnt man sich aber daran, fällt es einem leicht. Sprecher und Soundtrack wunderbar stimmig. Und ein Held mit knackigen Sprüchen, wessen Namen wir leider nieDer erste Ableger dieser einzigartigen Spieleserie aus Essen. Zur damaligen Zeit unglaubliche Freiheit im fesselnden Storyverlauf. Graphik damals auch top. Steuerung gewöhnungsbedürftig und auf den ersten Blick etwas umständlich, gewöhnt man sich aber daran, fällt es einem leicht. Sprecher und Soundtrack wunderbar stimmig. Und ein Held mit knackigen Sprüchen, wessen Namen wir leider nie erfahren werden....

Meines Erachtens das beste RPG damaliger Zeit und immer noch eines der TopRPGs dieser Zeit, woran sich viele Titel von heute mal orientieren könnten, wie man ein RPG vernünftig strukturiert und die richtige Atmosphäre übermittelt.

Und Achtung Wiederspielgefahr....mindestens drei Mal ;)
  56. Oct 27, 2017
    One of the best original and innovative RPGs out there. A gem ahead of it's time! Do yourself a favor and get the Universe Edition for the Gothic Series.
  57. Oct 27, 2017
    Hyvä RPG. Taistelu systeemi on erilainen kuin yleisesti. Miinuksena tulee satunnaiset kaatuilut sekä tiedostojen häviämistä joka estää pelaamisen kokonaan tai pahimmassa tapauksessa pilaa tallennuksen. Itse en tätä päässyt läpi. Juuri vähän ennen loppua engine pieras.
  58. Oct 27, 2017
    Gothic 2001 yılında piyasaya sürülmüş RPG oyunlarının babası sayılabilecek bir oyun. Çok geniş olmasa da güzel bir haritası ve keşfetme isteğiniz uyandıran cok yer var. Oyunda savaşçı(tek el ve çift elle kullanılan silahlar balta,kılıç topuz gibi) okçu veya büyücü olabiliyoruz. Katılabileceğimiz farklı ideolojilere sahip 3 farklı kamp var. Ama hepsinin ortak bir hedefi var ki oyununGothic 2001 yılında piyasaya sürülmüş RPG oyunlarının babası sayılabilecek bir oyun. Çok geniş olmasa da güzel bir haritası ve keşfetme isteğiniz uyandıran cok yer var. Oyunda savaşçı(tek el ve çift elle kullanılan silahlar balta,kılıç topuz gibi) okçu veya büyücü olabiliyoruz. Katılabileceğimiz farklı ideolojilere sahip 3 farklı kamp var. Ama hepsinin ortak bir hedefi var ki oyunun hikayesi o hedef üzerinden dönüyor. Son zamanlardaki RPG lerden farklı olarak combat sistemi biraz sizin yeteneğinize ve tecrübenize bakıyor. Yani en basit bir canavarı bile keserken dogru sekilde guard almak gerekiyor.

Bir şeyi söylemeden gecmeyeyim. Oyunun çok CİDDİ UYUMLULUK SORUNLARI var. Ben win 8.1 kullanıcısı olarak bir kaç saat uğraşarak sorunu hallettim.

59. Oct 27, 2017
    Świetna gra nawet po latach. Wciągający świat, pomysłowe questy, wiele ścieżek rozwoju i możliwości osadzenia naszej postaci po kilku stronach konfliktu. Potwory nie skalują sie do naszego levelu co jest ogromnym plusem. Seria Gothic zawiera jedne z najbardziej zapadających w pamięć postaci jakie kiedykolwiek powstały.

Kto nie cieszył ryja za każdym razem widząc Diego albo nie pluł w

Kto nie cieszył ryja za każdym razem widząc Diego albo nie pluł w monitor słysząc gdzieś w oddali Wrzoda ten pedał. I tyle. Wersja steam zawiera troche błędów technicznych ale wszystko da się naprawić jak ktoś rzeczywiście chce pograć. Dużym minusem wersji na platformie steam jest brak polskiej wersji językowej dzięki której Gothic tak bardzo wyrózniał sie lata temu.

Zachęcam do odwiedzenia fanpagu/strony polskiego systemu RPG http://landsofdespair.pl
  60. Oct 27, 2017
    Considerado como uno de los mayores exponentes del rol europeo, Gothic destaca sobre los demás juegos de rol de su época, por ejemplo TES: Morrowind, que en mi opinión era bastante casual e insípido comparado con G1.

Una trama épica, no lineal, con múltiples finales e ilimitadas posibilidades hacen de Gothic un "must have", imprescindible para los aficionados a los juegos de rol y la mejor opción para iniciarse en el género a aquellos que aún no lo hayan hecho.

Gráficos: 9,5/10
    Sonido: 10/10
    Duración: 10/10
    Historia: 10/10
    Jugabilidad: 8/10

Nota final

9,5/10
  61. Oct 26, 2017
    Лучше Готики, только Готика 2!
    Лучше Готики 2й, нету рпг такой!
    100/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  62. Oct 26, 2017
    Зашел в игру- тебя избили
    Подошел к НПС- тебя избили
    Зашел в город- тебя избили
    Взломал дверь- тебя избили
    Попытался выполнить квест- тебя избили
  63. Oct 26, 2017
    Bonjours à tous !
    j'ai acheter le pack qui comprend : Gothic 1 , Gothic 2 Gold Edition , Gothic 3 et Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods ainsi que ArcaniA et ArcaniA Fall of Setarrif mais voilà :
    J'ai un problème avec Gothic 1 et 2 : j'ai acces au menu principale mais dès que je lance le jeu , le chargement s'interompt je retourne sur windows avec un message d'erreur de Gothic : [Acces Violation]
    Bonjours à tous !

J'ai un problème avec Gothic 1 et 2 :
    Cela me ferme donc le jeu. (Et cela arrive même à me faire bug le PC ^^)
    Ce message d'erreur intervient à chaque fois que je veux rentrer dans le jeu pendant le chargement .... je n'ai donc pas pu les essayer , j'aimerai que quelqu'un m'indique une solution si certain ont eu le même problème pour ces deux jeu si possible : Gothic 1 - Gothic 2 Gold Edition

Merci d'avance
  64. Oct 26, 2017
    Best RPG games ever and the most favourite game from my childhood.
    The best game ever. Better than Elder Scrolls, Witcher, or Bioware-Games.
    10/10 Thank you "Piranha Bytes"
  65. Oct 26, 2017
    箱庭型アクションRPG。
    戦闘が面白い。特に序盤の戦闘がマゾ専用というぐらい難しい。
    空振りすると攻撃され、攻撃を数発受けて死亡、向きが少しでも合わ ないと攻撃がヒットしない。複数相手だと多少の戦力差じゃ抗えない。 武器・鎧への依存度が強く。武器・鎧を手に入れると楽になる。 日本語化はされているが重要な会話が日本語化されてないものも多く、 気休め程度。操作に非常に難があり、なれるまでは難しい。マウスを 必要としないのも特徴。
    箱庭型アクションRPG。

日本語化はされているが重要な会話が日本語化されてないものも多く、
    気休め程度。操作に非常に難があり、なれるまでは難しい。マウスを
    必要としないのも特徴。
  66. Oct 26, 2017
    Non fatevi ingannare dal poco tempo di gioco, ho finito questo capolavoro all'epoca e in versione originale.
    Cosa dire del primo capitolo di Gothic? E' una vera perla.
    Cosa dire del primo capitolo di Gothic? E' una vera perla.
    Nonostante i bug, i difetti grafici e le traduzioni spesso scadenti resta uno dei giochi di ruolo più vivi e affascinanti della storia. Una trama meravigliosa si unisce a un mondo di gioco vivo e dinamico che reagisce in conseguenza al nostro approccio e alle nostre azioni.
    Un gioco che andrebbe restaurato.
  67. Oct 26, 2017
    Легендарная игра Gothic ( Готика )
    Плюсы в игре :
    + Сюжет
    + Много разных квестов :3
    + Выбор Гильдий
    + Три Лагеря ( Старый, Новый и Болотный )
    + Прокачка Персонажа
    + Магия и руны
    Оценка 10/10
  68. Oct 26, 2017
  69. Oct 26, 2017

10/10 Best game ever!
  70. Oct 26, 2017
    Zacznijmy od tego,że ta gra jest legendarna,jest to pierwszy RPG w którego dane mi było zagrać.Dawno temu dostałem dwie płytki z gazety,na których był Gothic :3 i DEMO innej gry,nie pamiętam już jakiej.Grałem wtedy na BARDZO STARYM i BARDZO SŁABYM kompie.Parametry miał takie jakie miał,ale dało się na nim grać bez ścin.Nic w tej grze nie kapowałem,miałem chyba 5 lat.Jechałem na kodach iZacznijmy od tego,że ta gra jest legendarna,jest to pierwszy RPG w którego dane mi było zagrać.Dawno temu dostałem dwie płytki z gazety,na których był Gothic :3 i DEMO innej gry,nie pamiętam już jakiej.Grałem wtedy na BARDZO STARYM i BARDZO SŁABYM kompie.Parametry miał takie jakie miał,ale dało się na nim grać bez ścin.Nic w tej grze nie kapowałem,miałem chyba 5 lat.Jechałem na kodach i podziwiałem widoki,odkrywałem co raz to nowe lokacje.Znałem prawie wszystkie jaskinie.Jedyne miejsce,które omijałem szerokim łukiem to LAS.Zapamiętajcie NIGDY nie wchodźcie do LASU na początku gry.Pamiętam raz ucieczkę przed cieniostworem,bieg przez las,i skok do wodospadu.Bałem się nie tylko lasu,krwiopijce i pełzacze to był mój koszmar.Po graniu w Gothica pierwszy raz śniło mi się nawet,że gonią mnie pełzacze :3 Teraz kiedy widzę promocje -80% na całą trylogię (4- części nie uznaje!) myślę sobie "A dobra kupuje".
    Moim zwyczajem w wakacje zawsze jest powrót do Gothica.Po kupnie gry na STEAM zorientowałem się,że nie ma dubbingu! To jest karygodne! Najlepszy polski dubbing w historii gier komputerowych został zastąpiony słabym i nie klimatycznym angielskim.Wiele negatywnych recenzji składa się z: "Nie ma polskiego dubbingu!". Na necie można znaleźć spolszczenie do wszystkich STEAMOWYCH wydań Gothica,jeśli ktoś chce się dowiedzieć gdzie to zapraszam do znajomych,wyślę linka.
    EDIT: POLSKI DUBBING ZOSTAŁ WPROWADZONY OFICJALNIE DO WSZYSTKICH CZĘŚCI,DZIĘKUUJEEMMYY!!!

Dobrze spolszczenie mam,ale moim kolejnym problemem jest 20 fps,tak 20fps.Komputer nowy,Battlefieldy,CS,Far Cry i inne gry śmigają płynnie na WYSOKICH,bądz ULTRA detalach,a Gothic 1 20 fps :O coś jest nie w porządku! Na necie znalazłem PATCH który to naprawia,jest OK stałe 75FPS ,ale co z tego? STEAM wtedy nie widzi gry,i poprostu gdy klikniemy GRAJ to STEAM nie nalicza godzin itp. Ale dla Gothica jestem w stanie grać nawet w 20 fps.
    Wersja STEAMOWA wspiera nowe systemy,gram na WIN7 w HD :D

Przejdźmy do oceny!

FABUŁA
    Jest bardzo dobra,wciąga.Wcielamy się w Bezimiennego bohatera,który trafia do Kolonii Karnej na wyspie Khorinis.Otacza ją silna bariera,przez którą można przejść tylko raz,potem już może to się zakończyć śmiercią.Wkrótce jednak okazuje się,że bohater to nie tylko zwykły więzień ale wysłannik Boga Innosa.

ROZGRYWKA
    Poruszamy się po dużym,otwartym świecie,jak na swoje lata robił wrażenie.W świecie można spotkać trzy obozy do jednego z nich musimy dołączyć w trakcie gry.W świecie można spotkać różne stwory,które nie są do nas pozytywnie nastawieni.Dlatego w grze jest duży arsenał broni,pancerzy,i różnego typu amuletów.Broni jest dużo,młoty,mieczem,maczugi,topory,łuki,kusze i inne.

GRAFIKA
    Wiadomo to nie jest nowa gra,ale grafika trzyma poziom i w pełni spełnia swoją role.

P.S Zapraszam do obejrzenia recenzji "Gothic 2"

BTW
    -Około 96% społeczności uważa ją za pomocną
    -Według 29 osób ta recenzja jest zabawna
    -Według Was moja najlepsza i najpopularniejsza recenzja
    -Moja jedyna recenzja, która widnieje na pierwszym miejscu w sklepie
    -DZIĘKUJĘ

Ocena: 9,5/10

9-NIESAMOWITA GRA,prawie idealna,na 99% zostanie w twojej pamięci.Będziesz do niej często wracać.
    Wszystkie 0,5+ oznaczają grę minimalnie lepszą od powyższego opisu.
  71. Oct 26, 2017
    Gothic 1 is absolutely brutal.

You are nothing You are worhless You are just a bag of meat to puch some ore from Until, you learn how to gain some ore. Gain some respect. Gain some skills. Yes this game has its issues with controls and little bugs, but hey, there was no "patching" or other stupid thing back then. This game has the ultimate character progression that
    Gothic 1 is absolutely brutal.

You are nothing

You are worhless

You are just a bag of meat to puch some ore from

Until, you learn how to gain some ore.
    Gain some respect.
    Gain some skills.

This game has the ultimate character progression that really makes me have strong feelings even after 10 years later writing this review.
  72. Oct 26, 2017
    Это единственная в мире РПГ где тебе могут дать п.....зды за то что не дал пройти.
    10 дай пройти из 10
  73. Oct 6, 2017
    One of the best rpg games of my childhood. The game immediately tightened me with its indescribable atmosphere of the world of collonia, where you first of all are fighting for your survival and freedom. It's a game with great music, and an exciting story, in one word 10/10.
  74. Oct 2, 2017
    top rpg//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
  75. Jun 30, 2017
    For me, it's one the best stories ever told in game industry. Big, dark world with many curious characters, terrifying monsters and interesting quests. The mood of gameplay is unique because of NPCs behaviour and a big number of things to explore in this mysterious prison. Of course there is a need to admit that mechanics and graphics of this game aren't 10/10, not everyone will find thatFor me, it's one the best stories ever told in game industry. Big, dark world with many curious characters, terrifying monsters and interesting quests. The mood of gameplay is unique because of NPCs behaviour and a big number of things to explore in this mysterious prison. Of course there is a need to admit that mechanics and graphics of this game aren't 10/10, not everyone will find that very encouraging nowadays. I extremely recommend Gothic to every fan of RPG, especially with mods (there are lots of them). Expand
  76. Jun 28, 2017
    This game really my biggest favorite. I don't know any other game what could be this good, or better. The sequels (in my opinion) are not as good as this one.
  77. Jun 10, 2017
    Awesome game. i have spent a lot of time on this title. It has a great story with memorable characters. Good gameplay and best cut scenes with good dialogs.
  78. Apr 2, 2017
    As well as we all know Gothic is a Masterpiece when it comes to Fantasy RPG's. For me it's one of the Greatest games off all time. Many player love to come back into the game because of the story and the great atmosphere what this game gives us! I had a great time playing this game, i played it several times and i enjoyed it. Gameplay, story and soundtrack are just EXCELLENT! EspeciallyAs well as we all know Gothic is a Masterpiece when it comes to Fantasy RPG's. For me it's one of the Greatest games off all time. Many player love to come back into the game because of the story and the great atmosphere what this game gives us! I had a great time playing this game, i played it several times and i enjoyed it. Gameplay, story and soundtrack are just EXCELLENT! Especially the Soundtrack is more than excellent :D So i give a score of 10! Good job Piranha's! Expand
  79. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 67/100
    Mein User Score = 7/10
  80. Oct 20, 2016
    Really good game, with some limitations, but still far better than "The polish butcher 3, ultimate badass womanizer from slav world for you insecure teenager"...

The control system is really unintuitive and the UI is ugly, but the character routines, the original combat system, the progression in animations and skills, the orininality in quests, the sense of immersion reached with ugly graphics, etc, made Gothic a real classic and one of the better games that mix rpg elements with open worlds.
  81. Oct 4, 2016
    Without any doubt a real classic in RPG, intense and rough. Nowerdays the graphics are a bit outdated, but this doesn't affect the gameplay nor the atmosphere.
  82. Sep 3, 2016
    Minden idők legjobb szerepjátéka, számtalanszor vittem végig, és még most olyan lelkesedéssel játszom, mint amikor 2001-ben először végigtoltam. Igazán megérdemelne egy remastert a 2. résszel együtt.
  83. Aug 4, 2016
    The whole game is overshadowed by glitches, bugs, countless loaded games, areas needed to be explored multiple times because of crashes. And that's how it should be remembered. It's been over 15 years and none of it was repaired. If it wasn't for the excellent story, I would rate it 1/10 and call it a disgrace for lack of respect toward players.
  84. Nov 24, 2015
    Just awesome game.Beautiful world, great story,soundtrack and characters.Spent a lot of hours at this game.One of the best RPGs i have ever played!Dunno how can it have so many negative reviews.
  85. Oct 28, 2015
    Great game and surely a classic one: Perfect atmosphere, great setting and story. The dialogs are great too, because they are adult. The gameplay is more focused on tactics then on strategy and very funny, although I dont like that so much. The only bad side of this game are the controlling and some bugs.
    Anyway even in 2015 this game makes me addicted to play further. 10/10 Cant
    Anyway even in 2015 this game makes me addicted to play further. 10/10 Cant understand, why the "professional" tester gave this game less then 80%
  86. Jun 26, 2015
    - Good: Story, Exploration, Setting, Atmosphere/Mood, Character progression, Challenging encounters, No level scaling, Old camp, Nameless, Diego

- Mixed: Writing, Combat - Bad: --- One of the best game i ever played. Very atmospheric and addictive with great characters and places like Old Camp. Discovering new locations is fun because there is no level scaling. Character

- Mixed: Writing, Combat

- Bad: ---

One of the best game i ever played. Very atmospheric and addictive with great characters and places like Old Camp. Discovering new locations is fun because there is no level scaling. Character progression is very rewarding and matter in combat and story. :)
  87. Apr 9, 2015
    One of the best RPG experiences you can have. Nice European style of game with open world. Controls are little bit hard to learn and the game-play itself is also little bit hard, but once you break through these obstacles, you will be rewarded!
  88. Mar 31, 2015
    Respectable European role-playing game. If you like epic story and great mood, you will enjoy this game. I've played all games from the Gothic serie several times and I felt the same every time - excitement. I really recommend that great eRPG.
  89. Feb 25, 2015
    Regarding the other reviews-- the controls really aren't that bad, and you stop noticing after 20-30 minutes. Voice acting is definitely bad, but this too becomes less apparent as you get into the game. That said, the setting and characters become vapid after about 5 hours of gameplay. Decent game, but nothing special.

Pros: -Intriguing/unique setting -Three joinable camps

Pros:
    -Intriguing/unique setting
    -Three joinable camps
    -Fun/interesting combat system
    -Open world, very few load screens

Cons:
    -Extremely buggy, some side quests completely bugged, ladders are a pain
    -A lot of grinding for xp, and enemies don't respawn making it even harder to grind
    -Other than joining a camp, there aren't any meaningful decisions / dialogue options
    -No fast travel. Period. And much of the open world is void of anything interesting
  90. Jan 29, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A real role playing game, you become one with your character you feel like being in the island. Beatiful world, perfect story line, piece of art. Not suitable for gamers who like hack and slush. Expand
  91. Nov 19, 2014
    The best game of all time.
    I love this game up today!
    One can also play very well today play, the only thing you have to get used, is controlling.
    Everything else is perfect. Thank you for this great game
  92. Nov 18, 2014
    One of the best RPG`s i have ever played in my life. I still remember the setting of the game and all the characters, the story (one of the best at that time and still is now) and even the awful combat that i love to death.

Over all this is a RPG masterpiece.
  93. Sep 14, 2014
    Yes, I've read the reviews. Yes, I know it's been 13 years since this game was launched... but, I simply was not prepared enough for a disappointment like this. My problem with this game are not it's graphics or visuals effects (I didn't came here looking for that) but the whole game mechanics... and I think that has nothing to do with the launching date.

For the past 7 hours I've been

For the past 7 hours I've been trying, really hard, to play this game and the only thing I feel is frustration. For what I can see, the story seems pretty decent and attractive, but the absurdly hard to play combat system and controls, along with the lack any of help to understand how to do the most basic of things (from grabing an object on the floor, to trading, read a map or equip weapons) just prevents me to get into the story.

Whenever I try to accomplish a small mission, I get killed again and again by the most small and dumb creatures just because of the difficult combat mechanics: it's not about the keyboard (you can just easily change it in order to use WASD instead of the default keypad arrows setting) but the complex use of the keyboard to hit, and above all that: the inability of the character to keep the target centered.

Once I got somehow somehow accustomed to this way to manage the keyboard, then I got into the world map: I've been running up and down the whole world trying to get to an specific point, but it seems impossible: I just can't remember the way I got there and now all possible roads appear to be full of really hard to kill beasts and enemies. Then, it's starting to get dark... and there's nothing you can do to put your character to sleep in the wilderness, so you just basically have to stand up there, waiting for the sunrise to come.

I really don't understand how this game has so many high reviews. I respect the people that think that it's the best RPG they've ever played and frankly the story seems really nice. Don't hate me, I just can't get into it.

One last piece of advice: I'm running this game on a Windows7 64 machine. The only way I managed to even start the game without crashing, was changing the gothic.exe file to run in Windows XP compatibility mode.
  94. Sep 6, 2014
    Gothic is a game which is perfect for me. Ten years passed and I still enjoy life under the magic barrier. Beautiful world filled with interesting NPCs, great dialogs, stunning music and things difficult to express. The story is dark and addictive. I love the choice of joining Old Camp - rich from trade with the outer world, New Camp - where people do what they want and Water Mages try toGothic is a game which is perfect for me. Ten years passed and I still enjoy life under the magic barrier. Beautiful world filled with interesting NPCs, great dialogs, stunning music and things difficult to express. The story is dark and addictive. I love the choice of joining Old Camp - rich from trade with the outer world, New Camp - where people do what they want and Water Mages try to find a way out of Barrier or the Brotherhood - filled with people prayint to their pagan god and smoking swamp weed. You can learn a lot of interesting magic spells from firebolt, shapeshift, telekinesis to one that allows you to control someone's body. The only flaws of the game are controls and maybe lack of side-quests in some of the chapters.
    That game is a masterpiece.
  95. Aug 5, 2014
    Game completed 9 times, last time was half year ago and for me game is still awesome after you get used to old style controls and graphic (1-2 hours) ;)
  96. Aug 3, 2014
    Gothic is quite a hidden gem of the RPG genre. I didn't play this when it was first released back in 2001, but even today, 13 years later when I discovered it, it's still amazing, fully enjoyable and a very unique fantasy RPG experience. Really good world design, it's not overly huge like some other open worlds, but it's big enough to give you lots of freedom for exploration while it stillGothic is quite a hidden gem of the RPG genre. I didn't play this when it was first released back in 2001, but even today, 13 years later when I discovered it, it's still amazing, fully enjoyable and a very unique fantasy RPG experience. Really good world design, it's not overly huge like some other open worlds, but it's big enough to give you lots of freedom for exploration while it still feels very compact. Keep i mind this is an RPG still from the day and age where there wasn't much hand-holding for kids, so it's quite challenging in places and that's always a good thing which strengthens your satisfaction after the final completion. I really enjoyed the world, story and atmosphere Gothic provided and I'm looking forward to play Gothic 2. 9/10 Expand
  97. Jun 11, 2014
    King of RPG. Great story filled with characters you like and hate. Three unique fractions. Open world full danger and tresures opened to player right after start.
  98. Apr 23, 2014
    It is the best RPG I ever played. Everyone should visit the brilliant world of Gothic. Good old ruhrpottquality (the game was delevoped in Bochum, Germany).
  99. Apr 2, 2014
    The atmosphere is awesome due to overall great voice acting and great music.
    Quests are not repetetive and you always do something meaningful...and when not then your hero gets angry fast ;) Generally the scripts for voice acting are just awesome...they fit so beautifully in this world!
  100. Jan 9, 2012
    It seems there is a troll lobby on metacritic that rates down all gothic games, probably hired by bio-ware hehe. Isn't it suspicious nobody who rated negative had actually write a review? This game deseves 10, just look at the actual reviews, everyone will tell you its a masterpiece.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 14 Critic Reviews

1. With a novel, large and intricate set of societies, coupled with excellent graphics and sound, Gothic becomes one of the most immersive and believable single-play adventure/RPGs ever.
  2. The 3D engine looks unbelievably good! The surroundings are impeccable, and bear a surreal and depressive atmosphere. All the objects and buildings look just as great.
    Decent graphics and a well-developed storyline. It also has a great amount of replayability, as each time through the game could yield different experiences with different choices.