9.0

1. Mar 23, 2020
    Don’t listen to the troll reviews! Valve has worked hard on this game and made it compatible for even the most affordable HMDs. There are more ways to use movement, such as smooth locomotion instead of teleportation. Ladder movement has been fixed! The level design, sound design, graphics and puzzles are phenomenal.
  2. Mar 24, 2020
    The revolution has began. Valve did it with the original Half-Life. Then pushed the limits with Half-Life 2. Now Alyx is here to bring us the future of videogames.

Best Half-Life. Best AAA title. Best VR game. I have spoken.
  3. Mar 25, 2020
    This is the beginning of the greatest revolution in the gaming industry that I have ever seen. The ending is amazing! I put 10/10 without any doubt!
  4. Mar 25, 2020
    Fantastic game! Very scary, very fun, and amazing storytelling.... Can't wait for another... ADDICTED
  5. Mar 24, 2020
    It's not just another "vr game" It's so immersive I forgot about covid 19 pandemy.
  6. Mar 25, 2020
    The awesome part of Hal-Life series! Cool story, gameplay, graphics, characters and optimization.
  7. Mar 25, 2020
    Definitely on of the best vr games I've ever seen, it has beautiful graphics and an engaging story.
  8. Mar 24, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a masterpiece. I'm playing on low fidelity due to my pc being a bit of a potato. But it still plays really well and is truly the best vr game I have played to date. Expand
  9. Mar 24, 2020
    Obra maestra, definitivamente es revolucionario como todas las entregas anteriores, está vez la revolución fue el vr como en juegos anteriores no era fácil jugarlos necesitabas de un buen PC entonces si no tienes vr no tienes porque votar negativamente eventualmente todos los juegos serán vr
  10. Mar 25, 2020
    Great gameplay
    Great story (the story was unpredictable as well)
    Great ending
    Well optimized game
    Great graphics
    I think the negative review's were becuse of why the game is made for vr
  11. Mar 24, 2020
    Valve have always been famous for pushing technical boundaries further in games. The company that made Half Life, Steam, SteamController, Valve index and 2 most popular online games ever now presented a game changing VR game utilizing newest technology and bringing it to masses.
    To be honest, I can't recall a non-vr game having such awesome photorealistic graphics. Now seeing such mindblowing level of visual fidelity in VR, the deeply detailed world while having a constant high rate FPS - this shows who is the Boss of video games industry. Not just Vavle is the Boss of All Games being Steam, but they still make killer games at a level that no studio can beat. They have best programmers and artists. Valve produced the best VR game ever existing to date, and made an important contribution in popularizing virtual reality headsets.
  12. Mar 25, 2020
    Lovelovelovleovleovlrovleovl ovleovleovlrovlorlvorlvorlvrolvorlvorlgorlvorlvorlgoto
  13. Mar 25, 2020
    Games like these are used as benchmarks that will be remember forever. From the story and also from the gameplay point of view, this is amazing.
  14. Mar 25, 2020
    crown and it was disgusting that I i me i I will have to sideload me to the
  15. Mar 25, 2020
    good excellent thanks for your time Glad tiding the sound configuration of duty
  16. Mar 25, 2020
    Now there is this thing called being jealous. That is certainly how some people reacted to the game coming out and not being able to play it because they do not own or want the required hardware. I wonder if they have the same reaction to games coming out to consoles etc. that they do not own. Or maybe they just want endless iterations of the game they have played already. Ah well, I'dNow there is this thing called being jealous. That is certainly how some people reacted to the game coming out and not being able to play it because they do not own or want the required hardware. I wonder if they have the same reaction to games coming out to consoles etc. that they do not own. Or maybe they just want endless iterations of the game they have played already. Ah well, I'd recommend this game in particular on the simple fact that it is finally pushing a reemerged technology forward into gaming. Expand
  17. Mar 25, 2020
    An incredible addition to the Half-Life series. Iy has absolutely everything you would hope for and more from a new Half-Life title. By far the best VR experience out there right now. Beautiful graphics, amazing story and dialogue, and the atmosphere is perfect. Headcrabs, zombies, and barnacles are all so much more creepy than ever before, and the sound design is absolutely superb. ThisAn incredible addition to the Half-Life series. Iy has absolutely everything you would hope for and more from a new Half-Life title. By far the best VR experience out there right now. Beautiful graphics, amazing story and dialogue, and the atmosphere is perfect. Headcrabs, zombies, and barnacles are all so much more creepy than ever before, and the sound design is absolutely superb. This is a perfect game in every way. The only way it could have been better is if it never ended. Expand
  18. Mar 25, 2020
    Действительно топовая игра для VR. Атмосферно, интересно, затягивающе. Ожидания оправдались, игра просто нечто.
  19. Mar 25, 2020
    The best VR experience i ever had, nice job Valve!.

Don´t listen to the trolls, who gave this game a bad voting. This right here is a masterpiece!
  20. Mar 25, 2020
    People who complain is because they haven't tried it. Total feeling of being in City 17 and the Half-Life atmosphere. Amazing second by second. Overwhelming enjoyment for saga lovers.
    Great story and content.
    Masterpiece: the best game for both VR and PC/console. Essential. La gente que se queja es porque no lo ha probado. Sensación total de estar en Ciudad 17 y en la atmósfera de
    Great story and content.
    Masterpiece: the best game for both VR and PC/console. Essential.

La gente que se queja es porque no lo ha probado. Sensación total de estar en Ciudad 17 y en la atmósfera de Half-Life. Asombroso segundo a segundo. Un disfrute brutal para los amantes de la saga.
    Gran historia y contenido.
    Obra maestra: el mejor juego tanto de VR como de PC o consola. Imprescindible.

Las uvas no están verdes, afortunadamente.
  21. Mar 25, 2020
    Don't listen to the flatties trying to troll on this game.
    If you play this game, you would not be able to give it a bad score.
    I cannot praise this game enough. As an avid fan of VR as a platform, this is exactly the push we needed to show to the world VR is ready! Half-Life: Alyx is doing a massive service (and sure, making a tasty profit, not the point though) to the tech world by
    Don't listen to the flatties trying to troll on this game.
    If you play this game, you would not be able to give it a bad score.

I cannot praise this game enough.
    Half-Life: Alyx is doing a massive service (and sure, making a tasty profit, not the point though) to the tech world by putting VR in the spotlight once more. Valve don't just stop there however. At the same time they are contributing to the arts and nacent XR development industry, raising the bar on input language, immersive narrative through entity interactions, and just such a satisfying, solid, and unique gaming experience.

As a VR developer myself, it's hard to overstate the importance of this game to the industry. Surely a water-shed moment for tech at large.
  22. Mar 25, 2020
    Best game ever i m just sad that it didn't last for ever hopefully we get new one soom
  23. Mar 28, 2020
    an amazing game, if you can get a budget VR system, you've got to play this.
  24. Mar 24, 2020
    This game is very immersive and interesting, it expands on half life universe, blows away with it's gameplay mechanics, it's definitely one of the best VR games ever made. I don't get why people that don't have VR and never even played the game can review it.
  25. Mar 24, 2020
    MASTERPIECE!!!! It's THE GAME of virtual reality. It's a wonder in every way. This game is taken care of in every tiny detail. The immersion is absolute and after 104 minutes played for now and just getting out of bed I'm going to go straight out and keep playing.
    Half life Alyx is a gem that has set a standard in gaming and VR since it was released yesterday.
    Get yourself some VR
    Get yourself some VR glasses and try this game you will never regret.
  26. Mar 24, 2020
    Game changer, it's worth the price. It's seriously the best game I ever played.
  27. Mar 24, 2020
    Not only a masterclass in VR world-building, gameplay, and mechanics but a masterclass in narrative storytelling on any platform or medium.
  28. Mar 23, 2020
    the best thing ever happened to PC gaming
    Best Half Life game/Best of VR game/Best pc game/
    JUST THE BEST GAME
    what can be better than this? maybe only something like Sword Art Online in real life?
    (btw SAO is **** i was just using it as example)
  29. Mar 24, 2020
    Ждали игру 13 лет, прошел игру в ютубе, отличная игра!
  30. Mar 23, 2020
    Can't wait for Half-Life Brain interfacing in 13 years

Loved every second. Going to jump back in to get all the resin
  31. Mar 24, 2020
    The best VR game of all time and one of the best games this year. Not to even mention that it brings back one of the best game series back from the dead.
  32. Mar 24, 2020
    Wow! That's the future of gaming! Standing in front of the citadel in City17 and seeing the true size of it in VR is mind blowing! You can use your bare hands to interact with all the objects around you in such a natural way. I was immediately IN THIS WORLD. You'll forget your real space, but beware of the walls in your room :). There is so much attention to every detail paired with greatWow! That's the future of gaming! Standing in front of the citadel in City17 and seeing the true size of it in VR is mind blowing! You can use your bare hands to interact with all the objects around you in such a natural way. I was immediately IN THIS WORLD. You'll forget your real space, but beware of the walls in your room :). There is so much attention to every detail paired with great storytelling.

It's so intense! Half Life reached the next level with VR. If you never played in VR, give it a try and do it slowly because Alyx is so immersive you can have some problems as beginner. Especially movement should be set to teleport for beginners to avoid instant motion sickness, veterans use smooth locomotion and have the best experience of their VR life!

Love it!
  33. Mar 23, 2020
    Wow, I just finished. I can't believe that not only is there a new Half-Life game, but it's in VR and 100% lives up to the quality of HL1 and HL2. This is without a doubt the best VR game ever made. It's also one of the best looking games I have ever played (sometimes I would pick up a clock or a hotel card, hold it up to my face, and fail to find any "tells" that I was looking at aWow, I just finished. I can't believe that not only is there a new Half-Life game, but it's in VR and 100% lives up to the quality of HL1 and HL2. This is without a doubt the best VR game ever made. It's also one of the best looking games I have ever played (sometimes I would pick up a clock or a hotel card, hold it up to my face, and fail to find any "tells" that I was looking at a digital rendering and not a real object) and a wonderful example of thrilling game design.

Any concerns I initially had about there being too much humor faded after I realized I was playing a pretty scary horror game and that the humor is just there to keep things from getting unbearably bleak. The writing is sharp, the acting is fantastic, and Valve keeps each new area full of interesting surprises.

Combat is surprisingly challenging. There are a lot of things to juggle, between keeping your guns loaded and accessing you inventory mid-combat while not getting mowed down instantly. Alyx is not Gordon Freeman and does not have a magical bullet suit, so she dies very quickly if you don't retreat or stay in cover.

The level of immersion is off the charts, even for a VR game, in part because of the absolutely gorgeous Source 2 engine and Valve's top-tier art team and level designers. There is also plenty here for Half-Life fans to enjoy, with familiar characters, enemies, and weapons making appearances.

Also, the gravity gloves are brilliantly implemented, and strike the perfect balance between utility and being overpowered. They are not the gravity gun, and you will not be mowing down fools by hitting them with a cinder block at Mach 3. They're more for grabbing distant items and to keep you from having to bend over all the time to pick things up.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with this purchase. Valve did it.
  34. Mar 23, 2020
    Simply the best, hand crafted while still being meaty with content. Nothing close to this with VR, a must play for VR
  35. Mar 23, 2020
    Absolutely amazing! Valve is once again changing the way people play games and while many people are upset now, it wont be long before VR is going to be the way to go.
  36. Mar 23, 2020
    This game is truly a masterpiece... I own the Rift for quiet some time now and played a lotof cool shooter games (e.g. Arizona Sunshine) but this game just blew my mind. Stunning graphics and the feeling of the game is just WOW. Everyone giving this game a score lower than 8 is just a troll or is salty because he/she can't afford a VR setup. If you own a compatible VR device, you have toThis game is truly a masterpiece... I own the Rift for quiet some time now and played a lotof cool shooter games (e.g. Arizona Sunshine) but this game just blew my mind. Stunning graphics and the feeling of the game is just WOW. Everyone giving this game a score lower than 8 is just a troll or is salty because he/she can't afford a VR setup. If you own a compatible VR device, you have to play this game! 12/10, much wow, will blow you away for sure. Expand
  37. Mar 23, 2020
    Never seen anything like this before in VR. Its been 4 hours but it felt like 40 minutes.
  38. Mar 24, 2020
    I waited 7-8 years, and i can say............This amazing!!////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////.//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
  39. Mar 24, 2020
    This is THE defining FPS adventure we have been waiting for in VR. Highly detailed, incredible story, incredible sound design. One heck of a game VR or not ! Absolute masterpiece of a game. This is my first Metarcritic review - But I had to get it out. INCREDIBLE game ! Plays flawless on the Rift S -
  40. Mar 23, 2020
    Не зря ради неё купил ВР! Графика - изумительная! Геимплей - разнообразный! Оптимизация - огонь
  41. Mar 24, 2020
    This game is a real masterpiece! The best game I have payer in my entire life ! It blown me away from start to finish!
  42. Mar 24, 2020
    One of the best video games to this day and age!
    I jumped in with unrealistic expectations because it's the first half life game in 12 years but it somehow managed to surpass those expectations.
    It's worth buying a headset just to play it
  43. Mar 23, 2020
    This games consolidates all of the best VR practices we've seen in the best VR games in the past 2 years to create a solid VR experience.
    Not even mentioning that it's Half-life, it's a solid game on its own regardless of platform. the story, characters and dialog are amazing as we've come to expect from Valve.
    Many people back in the day would've complained too that their 486 based pc

Many people back in the day would've complained too that their 486 based pc couldn't run the original Half-Life, that 3d was a gimmick, why buy a graphics card?, many people could've complained that the physics in Half-Life 2 are just a gimmick, that they don't add anything to the game, and many people will complain now that VR is just a gimmick. Do not listen to these people.
  44. Mar 24, 2020
    Эта игра очень захватывающая и интересная, она расширяет вселенную Half-Life, поражает своей механикой геймплея, это определенно одна из лучших VR-игр, когда-либо созданных. Я не понимаю, почему люди, у которых нет виртуальной реальности и которые никогда не играли в игру, могут ее просмотреть.Эта игра очень захватывающая и интересная, она расширяет вселенную Half-Life, поражает своей механикой геймплея, это определенно одна из лучших VR-игр, когда-либо созданных. Я не понимаю, почему люди, у которых нет виртуальной реальности и которые никогда не играли в игру, могут ее просмотреть.
  45. Mar 24, 2020
    It goes beyond my high expectation.
    A new step for video games.
    Unbelievable !!
  46. Mar 24, 2020
    holy **** a must play game! if you haven't gotten a VR yet, NOW IS THE TIME.
  47. Mar 25, 2020
    Excellent immersion in a rich familiar world. Seeing a Vortigaunt in front of me adds something that pancake gaming just can't provide. Worth the wait!
  48. Mar 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game offers a whole new experience and opens the doors for VR. Being the biggest vr investment yet, it is absolutely worth the wait, as you go deep in city 17 or when you meet the briefcase guy who makes that deal. The game is so detailed and the best experience you can possibly have on vr, despite that the game only has 3 weapons, the upgrades system is pretty well made as it rewards players for exploring specially that all the upgrades are useful at some point and will not let your gun down anytime soon. Expand
  49. Mar 24, 2020
    Amazing. Everything is perfect. I was expecting good game but this is holy grail!!!
  50. Mar 24, 2020
    This is from far the best VR game that I ever played. the storyline is excellent and you feel completely immersed as soon as you put your headset on. I recommend it for anybody who is thinking about getting it you will not be disappointed. VR is the future and I'm happy to be part of it. Thanks again valve for this masterpeice.
  51. Mar 24, 2020
    This game is mind blowing. Absolute fantastic experience so far. It is incredible how immersive this game is. There are so many great details to discover and the atmosphere is really terrific.

You should not expect the freedom and sandbox physics like it is in Boneworks. But in return this game so much less clunky and feels so much more polished. Instead of a sandbox you get a theme park game. And its the best theme park I have every experienced.

One further comment to movement options: This game is clearly designed to be used with teleportation/dash movement and not for free locomotion. I always though that free locomotion would bring the best immersive feeling, but I changed my opinion completely. I think that the dash movement is much less immersion breaking than the free locomotion option.

The reason is simple: When freely moving with a thump-stick you are moving all the time, even for small distances as it is the most convenient way (humans are lazy). But this means that you are all the time disconnected from your real movement and it feels more like sitting in a cockpit.

In the dash mode however, it is easier to just walk one step in your play area if an object (for example a door) is close enough. So I really get around in my play area a lot and it feels like I am really there. Of course to move greater distances you need to dash, but I think it feels really good and immersive because the audio effects are so great that it kind of feels as if you are moving there.

Surely, from time to time, you get too close to the boundary of your play area and then you need to step back and dash forward, but for me this is way less immersion breaking than moving all the time independent of your body, since in total you have much more time to be completely immersed in the game.

Also I think it is better to disabled snap turning as you are more immersed in the game if you turn manually in real life (you need cable management though.)
  52. Mar 25, 2020
    I've been a hesitant fan of VR for the better part of the past year ever since I tried out RE7 on PSVR. Despite the limitations I was really impressed and saw great potential in VR as not necessarily "the future" of gaming, but certainly as a very strong and viable alternative to flat-screen gaming. My only gripe at that point was the lack of titles available in VR.

Valve has always

Valve has always been at the forefront of the industry pushing new technology down consumer's throats until they conform, and in retrospect we find that it's usually for the better. Innovation is nothing to belittle and there is so much of it in Half Life: Alyx. As a game, it's also quite excellent. The aesthetic is pleasingly dark and they push horror-esque scenes throughout the game to better effect than actual horror games. The UI is intuitive and throwing grenades or pulling things in with your gravity gloves works like a charm. The music is very fitting in all situations, and definitely adds a lot to the game. Not forgettable at all. The first time you go up against Combine soldiers and the music from the trailer kicks on, it feels great. Additionally, Valve has promised 3 more AAA VR titles in the coming years and so it's looking like my gripe about there being no titles is about to be addressed.

Having said that the game doesn't come without a few downsides that I hope will be addressed.

- No run feature in smooth locomotion mode
    - Sometimes the physics engine messes up a bit. Haven't had anything game breaking
    - When I started the game the first time, there was an audio issue where any action performed by characters was not heard, but ambient noises and music could be. A restart fixed it and I haven't had a similar problem since, though.
    - Not enough crowbar

But all in all this is a wonderful title. If you can, get yourself some knuckles controllers for this game because they work infinitely better than the alternatives, and obviously better headsets will make the game more enjoyable.

As a sidenote, I've only completed about half of the game so far but if anything serious changes my opinion about it as the game progresses I'll rewrite my review and reassess the score I gave it.
  53. Mar 28, 2020
    This game is just amazing. The world is so detailed, when I take the headset off, I get confused whether I am in VR a bit. I can't believe it works so well on my middling hardware. Best game in VR, along with Lone Echo.
  54. Mar 23, 2020
    Absolutely incredible game, would highly recommend it. Half Life Alyx PROVES VR is NOT a gimmick, it is a full on GAME and it is simply AMAZING. If you don't have VR and you have the money for it get it, it is worth it for the experience. Most of the bad reviews are people that are mad that they don't have VR so don't mind them they are just trying to ruin the score/rating. This isAbsolutely incredible game, would highly recommend it. Half Life Alyx PROVES VR is NOT a gimmick, it is a full on GAME and it is simply AMAZING. If you don't have VR and you have the money for it get it, it is worth it for the experience. Most of the bad reviews are people that are mad that they don't have VR so don't mind them they are just trying to ruin the score/rating. This is definitely a contender for game of the year and once agian Vavle will most likely revolutionize gaming. Expand
  55. Mar 24, 2020
    Valve shows once again that they are the kings of video game innovation.

Valve shows once again that they are the kings of video game innovation.

At first i was curious how this would compare to Boneworks, a Half-life inspired game in VR that is truly groundbreaking in how it handles realism and physics. However Boneworks starts to show fairly early on the limitations of full physics simulation when precision can be unforgiving and dissonance between real life and virtual can create some really awkward jank.

This is where Valve flex their masterful AAA muscles and experience. They have struck that perfect balance between realistic physics, world agency, but also making if feel fluid, seamless and deliberate.They have pushed the boundaries of VR and made the first truly killer app that has the titanic weight of the Half-Life IP behind it. This is where Valve and Half-Life truly belongs, at the frontier of gameplay innovation.
  56. Mar 25, 2020
    Greatest VR Game ever made, one of the best first person shooters of all time.

As a diehard Half-life fan, I am overwhelmingly happy this game got made. The ending is so special.

57. Mar 23, 2020
    This game is incredible. Truly a good vr game. It was well worth the wait..
  58. Mar 23, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing game. Hope half-life 3 coming out soon. Valve, they're made it...again. Expand
  59. Mar 26, 2020
    Gracias valve nos has dado lo que estábamos esperando ojala venga el 3. Gloria al señor gaben
  60. Mar 24, 2020
    This is maybe the best game I've ever played. Valve is finally back with Half-Life
  61. Mar 24, 2020
    People who dislike this game because it's VR only are pathetic and disgusting. You known there once were only 2D games, and buying the first 3d accelerator card for my PC in the 90s was hella expensive. That was no reason to hate on the up and coming 3D games.

Idiots somehow have 1300$ for a phone that they use to browse 9gag, but when an emerging technology comes along that promises new ways to play, they are suddenly all out of mere 400$.
  62. Mar 24, 2020
    Впечатления как от второй, а хотелось бы как от первой. Не без косяков, но моментов "ух" масса, хотя халфа далеко не первое, во что играл в vr.
  63. BFM
    Mar 26, 2020
    This truly feels like a game form the future.
    As much as gaming made a leap forward with Super Mario 64 or Half Life 2,
    we now need to add Half Life: Alyx as one of those milestone achievements. It is Valve's best game by a mile, and despite the timeline of it's story, this is the true successor to Half Life 2. This game delivers an immersive experience unlike anything you have
    This truly feels like a game form the future.
    As much as gaming made a leap forward with Super Mario 64 or Half Life 2,
    we now need to add Half Life: Alyx as one of those milestone achievements.

It is Valve's best game by a mile,
    and despite the timeline of it's story,
    this is the true successor to Half Life 2.

This game delivers an immersive experience unlike anything you have ever seen.
    It is thrilling to the core of your body, and it will make you cheer out loud in joy that you can't hold back.

This is a deeper, better gaming experience than it would be able to be without VR,
    and hopefully it's not Valve's last one.
  64. Mar 24, 2020
    The best VR game to date and a worthy Half-Life game. Waited 12 years and did not get disapointed. Graphics, gameplay, sound, storytelling is just a joy. Also the best left hand support in vr.
  65. Mar 23, 2020
    Best VR game out there for sure. It works so well... things like the crabs, that in HL are more a joke than enemies in VR become real dangers, they are there with you and you can't ignore them. Also, like when HL2 introduced the most rich world in physics, Alyx brings to VR the most interactive world ever, everything can be touched, manipulated, thrown... you can even play the piano xDBest VR game out there for sure. It works so well... things like the crabs, that in HL are more a joke than enemies in VR become real dangers, they are there with you and you can't ignore them. Also, like when HL2 introduced the most rich world in physics, Alyx brings to VR the most interactive world ever, everything can be touched, manipulated, thrown... you can even play the piano xD
    Also, the outdoor environments are incredible, some parts are... real, that's the only way to describe them. Hope Valve gets serious with VR and launches finally HL3 in this format, it would be glorious.
  66. Mar 24, 2020
    Valve only put out Half Life games when it broke boundries and did something new. A flat screen Half Life would feel ancient at this point and it only made sense that I was VR. People calling Valve Greedy? They are not even turning a profit on this game. This game is a masterpiece and I can't wait to see what Valve does next in the VR space.
  67. Mar 23, 2020
    Most innovative gaming experience so far.
    It was worth the wait, no doubt about it.
  68. Mar 23, 2020
    What you dream every VR game was. Lives up to its expectations. I'd wait another 13 years for another game like this
  69. Mar 24, 2020
    I've actually played the game.

I've only played a few hours but HL Alyx is already a 10/10 for me. The saddest part of playing HL Alyx is it's so good it ruins pancake (2D) games for me.
  70. Mar 23, 2020
    Wow c'est tellement agréable de voir VALVe sortir un jeu. La qualité est vraiment au rendez-vous.
  71. Mar 23, 2020
    2 hours in and it's fantastic. Best looking vr game, and it's a full on rollercoaster just like the previous HL games. Would give it a 9 because it's lacking smooth turning, but considering the ammount of salty people dropping a 0, i'll go with a 10.
  72. Mar 23, 2020
    I'm only 2 1/2 hours in and i'm already scared ****
    Valve yet again showing everyone how a game is done and giving us the best VR Game on the market!
    Positives: - Stupendous Visuals - Scary as all hell - Fantastic story/characters/voice acting (So Far) - Best controls in a VR title to date - Not a Steam Exclusive ((Talking to you Oculus [Hate exclusivity in VR]) - Has multiple
    I'm only 2 1/2 hours in and i'm already scared ****

Positives:
    - Stupendous Visuals
    - Scary as all hell
    - Fantastic story/characters/voice acting (So Far)
    - Best controls in a VR title to date
    - Not a Steam Exclusive ((Talking to you Oculus [Hate exclusivity in VR])
    - Has multiple movement options for those with motion sickness
    - Not $80 CAD (Although i would have paid way more if forced to)

Cons:
    - Very unstable frame rate even with my GTX 1070 TI (Will update this if they patch it in the future)

Conclusion? Just buy this game if you have a VR headset and prey that VALVE makes more games in the future!
  73. Mar 24, 2020
    easily the best vr game out there right now, and by extension the best game out there. anyone giving this game anything below an 8 is trolling
  74. Mar 24, 2020
    This game is truly something special. Probably the most immersive experience in VR I have had. I think that all the people who are review bombing this because it's a VR game need to grow up. I understand the want to play a Half-Life game/valve game but can't because they don't have a VR headset. At the same time though when I didn't have a VR headset and a bunch of games came out for it IThis game is truly something special. Probably the most immersive experience in VR I have had. I think that all the people who are review bombing this because it's a VR game need to grow up. I understand the want to play a Half-Life game/valve game but can't because they don't have a VR headset. At the same time though when I didn't have a VR headset and a bunch of games came out for it I never once dogged on them because I didn't have the hardware. I just said to myself "maybe one day" and went on with my life. The game is a master piece and I love the fact that it is a vr game. This game is so much fun and truly a wonder to behold graphically and the music! My God the music is truly an amazing score. I haven't finished the game yet but I am on chapter 6/11 and have been playing for around and 5 hours. I am going to be really sad when this ride is over and probably play it another time through. this game is truly something special. I hope that others will come around and vr will have more games like this (maybe even portal!). I understand VR is expensive but some should take the jump into it instead of a console I promise it's worth it! (Only do it if you can though don't put yourself in jeopardy just for a game!). Anyway the game is superb and a must if you have a VR headset!!

(Made a metacritic account to just to review this game and to combat all the people reviewing who haven't even played it)
  75. Mar 25, 2020
    Beautiful been in this is my new home for your reply but it was not gonna get a 2 to y
  76. Mar 25, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Игра просто замечательная! У Валв наконец-то появились идеи и они смогли выпустить новую игру во вселенной HL. Аликс можно считать революционной игрой. Ну, а сюжет вообще взрывает, особенно в конце, так что ждём продолжение))) Expand
  77. Mar 23, 2020
    Score is 10, The quality of this product is outstanding. The best VR game I have ever played. Well done Valve. Pure Art!!!
    The sound and env, story, graphics I just cant explain, it feels like you are inside the HL universe. really it feels like you are inside CITY 17.

Believe me. VR is the future if all games as quality as HLA.
  78. Mar 23, 2020
    Alyx just ruined every other VR game for me, faak :D
    Trust me: Once you try Alyx you will not want to go back to stuff like skyrim/fallout VR.
    The only bad thing about alyx is to know that it won't last as long as above games.
    Really hoping for valve or other studios to use the engine to create more games with it.
  79. Mar 23, 2020
  80. Mar 25, 2020
    Just a master piece of video game in all plat form.

The game is very funny and absolutly immersive, for me is the best game of this VR generation and more!
  81. Mar 25, 2020
    The game is not 100% perfect, so let's get out of the way what is NOT perfect, because there's so much that is.
    1 - Thrown objects do no damage, and no mele weapons. Un a game where I can so naturally pick up a brick, it's really a bit immersion breaking that I can't use it to it an enemy and do at least some damage.
    2 - Not being able to remove weapons upgrades. Some of them tends to be
    2 - Not being able to remove weapons upgrades. Some of them tends to be not that great, and I'd like to go back to base version of the weapon, and I can't.
    3 - I would have wanted even more. Game is not short, but with something of this quality, I would have wanted more.
    4 - Loadings are a bit to intrusives.

Now all that is perfect :
    1 - Most beautifull VR game so far. Without contest.
    2 - Performances are incredibe, even on minimum specs.
    3 - Ambiance is incredible. Those technical prowess are NOT used for nothing
    4 - Story is satisfying, as much as any other Half life game
    5 - Gameplay is really working, polished, intuitive and immersive.

Technically not perfects, but damn close !
  82. Mar 23, 2020
    GREAT GAME!!! This game would make me buy a VR headset. It is so cool to be immersed in the Half-Life world. This game has fun, new, innovative gameplay.
  83. Mar 24, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The legend is come back!!! 12/10 12/10 12/10
    120%/100%
    Better then your mom
  84. Mar 23, 2020
    The best game by valve it's a Good game with action and the story is impressive
  85. Mar 23, 2020
    Favorite VR game so far, beating out my previous favorite Boneworks. Fantastic story telling and wonderful atmosphere with a nice 11-13 hour campaign. I do wish there were more variety of weapons, having only three weapons, and two that are very similar, made the combat a little meh at times. The gun scopes became useless when compared to using a laser, as aiming down the sights was moreFavorite VR game so far, beating out my previous favorite Boneworks. Fantastic story telling and wonderful atmosphere with a nice 11-13 hour campaign. I do wish there were more variety of weapons, having only three weapons, and two that are very similar, made the combat a little meh at times. The gun scopes became useless when compared to using a laser, as aiming down the sights was more unreliable, and took longer. I also wish that the final fight was a little more fun, but that's just nitpicking, as it was pretty great. Overall great game, a 9/10 for VR standards, but an 8/10 for valve standards, (which is saying a lot). Expand
  86. Mar 24, 2020
    The interaction, storytelling is amazing! Definitely a must play game if you have a vr headset
  87. Mar 24, 2020
    Dont listen to all the TRASH ZERO REVIEWS you see below, dont be like those childish who mad about it's only on VR and forgeting the fact that they haven't played or know anything about HL1,2 yet. The graphic of the game is great, VR makes it even better so that you can explore freely and the headcrab(they are spooky). About physic, this time Valve had took this **** to another level withDont listen to all the TRASH ZERO REVIEWS you see below, dont be like those childish who mad about it's only on VR and forgeting the fact that they haven't played or know anything about HL1,2 yet. The graphic of the game is great, VR makes it even better so that you can explore freely and the headcrab(they are spooky). About physic, this time Valve had took this **** to another level with a crap ton of things you can yeet, open, break. For those people who have motion sickness, fortunely you can move by tp or dash instead of continueous(it's all optional). HL:Alyx story is incredibal, it's make you feel like you are Alyx, being a part of City17 and HL universe. It worthed the money, get any type of VR head set and a decent PC to play the game, THE FUTURE IS HERE!!(there is alots more to talk about but i will let you find it out yourself and also because my English is bad) Expand
  88. Mar 24, 2020
    Excellent world building, characters & gameplay. Outstanding performance on day one. This is the new thing!
  89. Mar 24, 2020
    Very polished, intense, and immersive. The immersion in VR is amazing. I spent 4 hours in the game and only quit because it was midnight and I have work today. Will be playing tonight for sure.
  90. Mar 24, 2020
    Alyx is a roadmap to success that other VR titles need to steal from. Not only are the storytelling, visuals, sound, and other presentational aspects of the game stellar - as is expected - but the core mechanics, how the game flows, how the mechanics all feel and have such great interplay are all concepts that many VR titles need to learn for, and likely the real reason Valve made Alyx -Alyx is a roadmap to success that other VR titles need to steal from. Not only are the storytelling, visuals, sound, and other presentational aspects of the game stellar - as is expected - but the core mechanics, how the game flows, how the mechanics all feel and have such great interplay are all concepts that many VR titles need to learn for, and likely the real reason Valve made Alyx - as a guide to make better VR titles so that VR gets out of its "shovelware"-esque status and into more mainstream adoption, which is has long been struggling to do. Alyx is a pivotal title for VR and stands far and above the rest. Come for the Half-Life, stay for the incrediblly smooth gameplay and technical achievements. Expand
  91. Mar 24, 2020
    Every single area in the game is so well made. The game does very well balancing introducing new players to VR and keeping VR veterans up on their toes. Interactivity is amazing and everything feels as if it works as if you'd expect. Probably one of the best video games I've ever played. Which is saying a lot since I personally don't like single player games. Great job valve, this reallyEvery single area in the game is so well made. The game does very well balancing introducing new players to VR and keeping VR veterans up on their toes. Interactivity is amazing and everything feels as if it works as if you'd expect. Probably one of the best video games I've ever played. Which is saying a lot since I personally don't like single player games. Great job valve, this really lived up to the hype built up for this game, and in my opinion even lives up to the hype of Half Life 3 Expand
  92. Mar 24, 2020
    A true watershed moment for VR. It doesn't reinvent the wheel when it comes to VR gameplay, rather it polishes everything to a AAA sheen, adds a few clever solutions to VR interactivity problems like the gravity gloves, and delivers the best single player game I've played in years.
  93. Mar 24, 2020
    This game is amazing!!!
    I've watched Vietnamese Dung CT playing and I'm really overwhelmed by the graphics of this game!!
  94. Mar 24, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a Game Valve, We expected this moment for 10 long years and finally another masterpice, and the final man i can't believe Half Life 3 is confirmed, a worderful history and character development all those 10 years were worth it. Expand
  95. Mar 24, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I want to congratulate valve for creating such a
    masterpiece, the half life saga has always revolutionized the video game industry, thus presenting in 2020 a relic I hope they will release episode 3 valve with love: Cesar vera video game critic
  96. Mar 24, 2020
    Это просто прорыв в игровой индустрии, Габен что же творишь?
  97. Mar 24, 2020
    New standard for VR. Immersive gameplay with tense moments. Fun mechanics and just overall very fluid. I was never a Half-Life fan because I just never really got into the past games, but this one reeled me in without having to have any prior knowledge. Hopefully other VR games follow suit because this is really a AAA quality game, one of the first ones for VR.
  98. Mar 24, 2020
    Excellent, the immersion is on point. The gameplay is excellent. The story is as good for fans as it is for new players to HL. A must have for VR users.
  99. Mar 24, 2020
    That's by far the most advanced game in terms of grahics and playability that I have ever seen. The narrative is unbeliveable, it keeps you tense, happy, sad, along the whole game. They did an amazing job, That's a great, GREAT, opportunity to comeback to the HL universe, with a fullblast this time. I really want to see this winning the game of year. **** amazing.
  100. Mar 24, 2020
    Мне игра очень понравилось.графика,сюжет,взаимодействие ,физика, абсолютно всё на высшем уровне

Universal acclaim - based on 42 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 28, 2020
    Half-Life: Alyx is a true Half-Life, a real game that lives inside our VR system and expands the dimension made by a videogame.
  2. Mar 28, 2020
    Valve selects the best features of VR action games and takes them to another level. Half-Life: Alyx is not innovative in choosing what is needed for the perfect virtual reality experience – between interactivity of the environment, gestural use of firearms or environmental puzzles – but it is in putting together everything in the style of Half-Life. The kind of first person game that made the series famous, and forever changed the action adventure into a "before and after Gordon Freeman", returns to linear origins without genres contamination, becoming an immersive sim only for what falls within our view, or what we can physically accomplish in a crazy City 17. Masterful.
  3. Mar 28, 2020
    Half-Life: Alyx is truly the new standard bearer for virtual reality. This is a major, not to say revolutionary, title, as was Half-Life and Half-Life 2 in their time. For more than 10 hours of play, we live the horrifying, supernatural and science fiction adventures of Alyx, as if we were there. A Masterpiece!