- Summary: Lead Spartans, Warthogs and other classic Halo fighting forces in a brutal war against a terrifying new enemy on the biggest Halo battlefield ever.- All-new, Action-packed Story – The heroes of Halo Wars return to find themselves - and the galaxy - in more danger than ever. Following theLead Spartans, Warthogs and other classic Halo fighting forces in a brutal war against a terrifying new enemy on the biggest Halo battlefield ever.- All-new, Action-packed Story – The heroes of Halo Wars return to find themselves - and the galaxy - in more danger than ever. Following the events of Halo 5, the all-new story is told in action-packed missions set on the legendary Halo destination known as the Ark. Players will strategically command overwhelming firepower in large-scale battles against a terrifying threat facing the UNSC and all of humanity.- Build Your Halo Army – Construct your bases, prepare your vehicles and amass your troops. Lead them into huge battles that span across alien environments in a vast collection of campaign and multiplayer maps.- Multiplayer Warfare – Play with or against your friends and the Xbox Live community in up to 3v3 matches. All-new units with explosive firepower, Leaders with special abilities that help to turn the tide in battle and thrilling multiplayer modes are at your fingertips as you wage war on a variety of maps.- Blitz: Instant Command – Blitz is an entirely new way to experience Halo Wars and real-time strategy gameplay. Combining tactical combat with card-based strategy, your deck is your army in Blitz as you build collections of powerful Halo vehicles and troops and command those units in fast-action matches online or solo against waves of enemies.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Halo Wars 2 - Atriox TGA 2016 Trailer
Feb 20, 2017Halo Wars 2 is the sequel that no-one really asked for, but is a surprisingly solid traditional base-building RTS, and is finally on a platform suited for the genre. The campaign is a little lacking, but several different multiplayer modes and the promise of "six months of regular updates" make up for it.
Feb 22, 2017Superior to its predecessor in every way. Amazing cutscenes, a fun (yet very short) campaign, lots of fan service and decent multiplayer come together in a robust RTS package. Due to its lack of depth and content, it probably won't win the hearts of many C&C or Starcraft 2 veterans, but at the same time it presents a great entry point for newcomers to the genre.
Game World Navigator MagazineMar 24, 2017Today’s strategy market is dominated by grand-scale games, like Ashes of the Singularity or Total War series. Compared to them, Halo Wars 2 feels like an echo of the glorious RTS past: small cozy bases, tiny unit limit, heavy focus on story in single-player and APM – in multiplayer. [Issue#218, p.54]
Jun 8, 2017Look, there is nothing wrong with Halo Wars 2... as a bonus game that comes free with Halo 6 or whatever. But as a premium, full-priced title? No. No, we deserve more than this. A franchise like Halo, with its rich fictional universe, its cool unit design, its super-clear mix of human and alien factions, deserves more than this.
Feb 21, 2017Прошел на одном дыхании. 1ю часть проходил еще на 360м, как я обрадовался когда запустил ее на ПК. 2я часть серии стала намного лучше. ОжидалПрошел на одном дыхании. 1ю часть проходил еще на 360м, как я обрадовался когда запустил ее на ПК. 2я часть серии стала намного лучше. Ожидал худшего... С жанром РТС в последнее время все очень плохо, Но Halo Wars 2 мастхэв к покупке! За 2 600 получить 1ю и 2ю часть+сизн пасс и копии на хуан. Вообще ништяк. 10 Логвиновых из 10, а то и 11, и даже 12, игра года, и.т.д.… Expand
Mar 20, 2017Epic Game, juego épico tiene un gran potencial y sabe unir y cruzar la historia de Halo, Un rts maravilloso tanto en pc y consola, mecánicasEpic Game, juego épico tiene un gran potencial y sabe unir y cruzar la historia de Halo, Un rts maravilloso tanto en pc y consola, mecánicas refinadas y un gran control de manejo, además un sonido exquisito y una gran dirección artística.. Lo malo es que mucha mierda de fansboy de sony que jamás van o tocaran el juego se atreven a puntuarlo sólo porque de Xbox ya lo mal puntúan, además están paginas vendidas a sony le darán mala nota.… Expand
Apr 2, 2017Great game, i got mine as part of an Xbox One S 1tb bundle for a great prize. Fun to play, more options than the original, but contains lessGreat game, i got mine as part of an Xbox One S 1tb bundle for a great prize. Fun to play, more options than the original, but contains less HQ cut-scenes. I wish they would have had a full 1hr cutscene story like in Halo Wars.… Expand
Feb 17, 2017Its a Babys first RTS. But still super fun. Oddly the game looks and feels more like a halo game than the last two halo titles did (4 and 5).Its a Babys first RTS. But still super fun. Oddly the game looks and feels more like a halo game than the last two halo titles did (4 and 5). Campaign is short but with the skulls and mission objectives on higher difficulties makes it have lots of replay ability. I started playing on XBOX but switched to my PC since I wanted to try the Cross-buy feature. Game runs and controls better on pc. like you would think it would. But the games story is better than most stories we get now adays (which is not saying much) and its overall a decent fun romp.
Id give the game a 81/100.… Expand
Dec 14, 2017Five Word Review: Simple though enjoyable Halo RTS.
Favorite Thing: The outstanding cinematics. I'm looking at you Starcraft, you use toFive Word Review: Simple though enjoyable Halo RTS.
Favorite Thing: The outstanding cinematics. I'm looking at you Starcraft, you use to actually try.
Least Favorite Thing: UWP? I can deal with it. Trivial base-building? Ugh but okay. A really short campaign with an unfinished story that may never see completion? I really don't like that.
Date Completed: 2017-12-13
Recommendation: If it's on sale. It's just far too short for the full price.… Expand
Jul 30, 2017UPDATE 7/30/2017:
Balance changes made this game one of the most poorly-balanced RTS games I've ever played. - An entire army ofUPDATE 7/30/2017:
Balance changes made this game one of the most poorly-balanced RTS games I've ever played.
- An entire army of anti-vehicle infantry cannot take down an army of tanks or wraiths
- Bases have very little health, making the 'rush' tactic highly viable compared to other RTS games
- A full army of level 3 (max level) infantry can be wiped out in seconds by a leader power such as glassing beam
- The maps are bland. It makes very little difference which map you choose because they are all so similar. The first Halo Wars had a special uniqueness to each map... these maps become very boring very quickly.
- A defensive strategy with base turrets and a fair-sized army will almost always lose to a rush. Turrets are nearly worthless until they may be leveled.
There's so much more I could say but these are a few examples. I've played this for over 80 hours because I really wanted to like this game as much as I did the first one, but I just can't. It feels like they tried too hard to cash in on the success of StarCraft by making a Halo clone of it. But this game isn't StarCraft, it feels like a very poorly done clone.
Many of the bugs and glitches are fixed now and the game seems to be running much smoother and I haven't had a crash since the latest patch. Also, having multiple leaders to choose from keeps the game fresh for a while. This could be a really fun game if the maps felt as unique as the first game and if they made a few balance changes to support certain unit roles and offer alternative strategies other than favoring the 'rush' strategy the most.
The game was fun during the pre-release, then they patched it and now its broken.
Day 1 Patch:
long load screens
black screen crashes
units won't listen when you tell them to do something
units will continue to chase enemies for long distances rather than staying put
Patch update 3/7/17:
Fixed a lot of framerate issues and crashes but introduced new problems...
Units still won't listen at times
Units will still chase enemies halfway across the stage even when you don't ask them to
Units will randomly disappear off the map but still show up in your 'all units' selection. I lost 57 units off the map during a fight against legendary AI. Couldn't summon them, couldn't teleport them... the showed up as selectable units but were nowhere on the map... making my cap army size pathetic, insuring my loss.
So far, every game I've ever preordered in the last 2 years has been a huge let-down with broken gameplay. I was hoping this would be different... but it is worse than most.… Expand
- (0 views)