8.4

1. Mar 10, 2020
    I greatly enjoy playing Civilization VI and one day I realized that one of my favorite aspects is nailing absolutely gargantuan adjacency bonuses for my districts. Islanders is boiled down to just that, which I like a lot. If you like seeing big numbers, puzzles games, or just want to relax, consider picking up Islanders.

I wish that there was a bit more and it's unfortunate that it's

I wish that there was a bit more and it's unfortunate that it's not being worked anymore as far as I know, but for it's price, it's not bad. I would have liked more variety in buildings (like a wool and milk industry with sheep or something) and a versus mode where you and someone else take turns placing buildings on identical islands.
  2. Jul 19, 2020
    Not much to do and the game pretty much repeats itself. And still I keep getting back to it because it's so relaxing!
  3. Jul 8, 2020
    Score 8: Eine sehr entspannende Punktejagd (Denn das sollte man vor dem Kauf wissen: Das ist das Ziel des Spiels). Man setzt unterschiedliche Gebäude auf einer Insel, um mehr Punkte und mehr Gebäude zu bekommen. Das Design des Spiels ist einfach, aber gelungen und das Gameplay ist gut dafür, hin und wieder eine Runde zu spielen.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Edge Magazine
    May 23, 2019
    Modest and ingenious and smartly priced, Islanders is as engaging to tinker with as a palate cleanser between bigger games as to take seriously in pursuit of a high score - wonky mansions and all. [Issue#333, p.120]
    ISLANDERS is great, especially for the extremely low price tag. At times it may feel a little simplistic, but I can see this being a great title to come back to whenever you have a few minutes to spare.
  3. Apr 27, 2019
    GrizzlyGames offers a vision of city building with Islanders as rarely seen before. Forget the management of the population, the economy and all the cumbersome settings, the game starts with the bare minimum to travel and appeals to your optimization skills. Building a city has rarely been so pretty and satisfying, and you'll probably end up your games thinking "Come on, I can do better". We will simply regret the music being a little too repetitive.