4.7

1. Sep 30, 2018
    Weak story with plot twist that doesn't make any sense. Little or none character development and stupid actions that you just have to deal with it. Feels like stupid simulator in season 2 and game doesn't have LiS feel in it.

I loved LiS season one with its dlc BFTS. This season 2 doesn't even feel like LiS game and episode 1 set tone for rest of this season 2. Top of that SJW

Top of that SJW propaganda and seems like dontnod got woke.... I regret that i bought this game and trusted
  2. Sep 28, 2018
    Trash, which is a shame since I loved LiS. Heavy handed political crap (pushed on us from people across the pond, no less), cliche characters, lazy writing, none of the "feels" are earned but forced on you, characters make no sense in choices / actions and buggy. There's no way this deserves a high score by any objective measurement
  3. Sep 30, 2018
    +music is ok
    +graphics are ok

-story is bad. i mean really bad
    -whole episode felt rushed but still it was boring
    -main characters uninteresting
    -forced SJW agenda
    -no LiS soul
  4. Jan 21, 2019
    After playing the first episode, I can say that this is a regressive leftist propaganda masquerading as a computer game. In the game, all white men so far have been racist, fascist, bigots or **** Considering that I really liked Life is Strange 1, this is a serious letdown. I was expecting a similar, great game, but instead of I got this propaganda piece. Sure, there was some politicalAfter playing the first episode, I can say that this is a regressive leftist propaganda masquerading as a computer game. In the game, all white men so far have been racist, fascist, bigots or **** Considering that I really liked Life is Strange 1, this is a serious letdown. I was expecting a similar, great game, but instead of I got this propaganda piece. Sure, there was some political messaging in the first game, but it was not as bad nor did it bother me that much. It was handled adequately.

This really makes me sad. They even implement post-modernist phrases in the game, such as "everything is political. These are the kind of things you learn from your Neo-Marxist professors. Now, I can understand that you have some political issues tackled in a game. Even post-modernist thought has it time and place. I could also say that racism is a good subject to tackle. Having a Mexican family as a center-stage is also a great idea. However, when there is no nuance or subtlety in your presentation, it feels forced. In this game, it is forced to the extreme.

Everything is not and does not have to be political. The authors of this propaganda should really look themselves in the mirror and ask, "I am really so much better than everyone else". I bet majority of developers of this game were white, and probably white men. Most came from middle-class or higher background. Unfortunately, they have been taught to loathe themselves because of their skin color and perceived privileged. This group-based identity is over-riding their ability to treat people as individuals. I have to say that I am not American, but I am getting really sick and tired of regressive leftist politics pushed by entertainment industry and media there. Americans, including most white leftists, used to be proud of their country and heritage and now they see themselves as oppressors. In other words, this is just another developer infested with this social justice sickness along with a healthy dose of Trump derangement syndrome.

I gave it 2/10 because it does look and sound pretty good. I will not be buying the second episode or any other games from this developer.
  5. Oct 4, 2018
    Refund requested. I mistakenly bought the entire Season instead of trying out Episode 1 first - you should NEVER pre-order any game and always wait for critical reviews first. Sad to say, this game just isn't very fun.

Pros: * Upgraded graphics. * Awesome world building with lots of attention to detail. * Good soundtrack. Cons: * One giant escort quest. * Unlikable characters.

Pros:
    * Upgraded graphics.
    * Awesome world building with lots of attention to detail.
    * Good soundtrack.

Cons:
    * One giant escort quest.
    * Unlikable characters.
    * No super powers like time traveling.
    * Huge drops in framerate on every cutscene.

Life Is Strange 2 is a game where you have no abilities and your entire mission is to escort a telekenetic 9 year old across the country. Game mechanics include holding LT to look for the 9 year old, and pressing B to call to him so he doesn't get lost. That's about it.

Of course, graphic adventure games aren't about the gameplay, they're moreso about the storytelling. And that's where Life Is Strange 2 fails miserably. The characters are downright unlikable. The older brother in the game makes the most irresponsible decision he possibly can by running from the police and trying to cross the border to Mexico. What's the point of the other "choose your own adventure" options if you can't even choose to not go down this route? It's like if Max and Chloe had decided to destroy Arcadia Bay from the beginning before the game even started. What does it matter if you choose to steal a candy bar or not, if you have no choice in making the worst decision of the character's life?

Unfortunately the entire game is built upon this failed story plot. Since the older brother is running to Mexico, the game is one giant escort quest. Since it's an escort quest, there are mechanics built around escorting the younger brother. And since you are the supporting character, you have no special abilities, instead it's the younger brother with the super powers that you can't make use of. The rest of the game cannot make up for the shortcomings.

On a technical note, the graphics are upgraded and look quite nice - but they come with a caveat. Every single time there's a cutscene where the characters talk to each other, the framerate drops to 30-40 fps, and this happens A LOT. My PC has an overclocked GTX 1070 and an overclocked i7-4770k and I'm only playing at 1080p, but it's not enough to get this game to play at a locked 60 fps. If you want an example of a poorly optimized game, this is it.
  6. Oct 9, 2018
    Don't buy this game!

If you played Captain Spirit and thought you were getting something like that, you're completely wrong. And this is what they call BAIT and SWITCH What made LIS good is its world, possibilities of talking to so many characters, and getting to have that sense of belonging and finding your niche even in a school with mean girls and bullies. LIS2 has none of
    Don't buy this game!

LIS2 has none of that. There is no sense of belonging, things are GRIM, and there's little mystery, and I mean who plays a game where they HIDE, worry, steal, experience nightmares and get beaten up by a strange guy. Is that what you call FUN?

Or is that a GAME I'm supposed to buy and enjoy? And I'm bad person if I don't? How's that?

So cons:

- Game's atmosphere is downright MISERABLE.

- You spend your time babysitting your younger brother (again, such fun!)

- You're on the run and you're stealing food or dumpster diving or talking to people who treat you with contempt. Again, this is totally why I buy video games, I'm a masochist.

- There's no sense of mystery or escape or world building like in LIS. Game has no LIS soul. It has no soul whatsoever actually!

- World in LIS2 is a hiking trail, the woods, and some bully's cabin. Wait, what worldbuiling are we talking about?

- Politically charged narrative. Whether you're left-wing, right-wing, centrist, are you really buying games to spend your precious free time in ugly and miserable worlds where you're on the run and being treated like a criminal by ugly people in the middle of nowhere? Wait, so I'm buying a game for THAT? Why not just go on Twitter?

- Feels are indeed forced. When you're scared or on the run or thinking about stealing, it's very hard to connect to positive emotions of nostalgia, warmth or serenity. When you're scared and miserable and dumpster diving, there's THAT and nothing else. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

And FYI, I felt exactly the same thing when playing Detroit: Become Human so this is not tied to politics and being a good or a bad person or who you're voting or not voting for.

Playing as Kara, ALL you do is take care of Alice, avoid miserable situations, hide from people who want to hurt you, and see the very worst of human kind.

Fair but I'm not playing my games to be depressed, oppressed, afraid, or ruminate about things I can't control. That's not fun and that's not the world I want to be in.
  7. Feb 1, 2019
    Dirt leftist propaganda without features of LiS 1.
    Most of all in Lis I liked the atmosphere, which is not in Lis 2 at all.

3/10 Dontnod Entertainment you broke my heart.
  8. Nov 22, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm seriously disappointed, but just to be fair i'm going to list pros as well first.

Pros:
    -Graphics are awesome, fits the game really well.
    -Music is good as well.
    -The world overall is better than it was in the first game.

Cons (going to talk about all of them below in more detail)
    -Weak Story
    -The character we play is not the main character of the story.
    -No controllable special ability for the players.
    -None of the characters were interesting or likeable or relatable , because nothing in the story is
    interesting or likeable or relatable. The character we play is the worst. There are choices that made without the player, and he makes the most irrealistic, stupid choices ever. By the end of the story he will either get himself killed or goes to jail. His decision making is worse than Chloes, which is not an easy task but the writers managed to do it. But at least Chloe was a likeable rebelling teenager. Sean is just stupid.

So... Why is the story weak? For multiple reasons. First of all, its forced on us, and the first major decision made it very obvious that all the choice in this game are going to be illusions of choice.

Examples:
    -Dad gets shot no matter what you choose.
    -There is no option to stay or run away, its forced on us to run away.
    -Our character gets kidnapped no matter what we choose. There we don't even have a choice to explain properly that we didn't stole anything, the only choice we have is to try to go away as soon as possible which makes our character look bad.

There is one thing in common with these choices: Racism. Racism thats also forced into the story and makes it much worse than it would've been originally. Its like rewriting the first Life is Strange where everyone around Max and Chloe are sexist and we have to listen to sexist remarks through 5 episodes.
    The dad gets shot because the cop is a scared racist, the kids got bullied on multiple occasion in the episode because everyone apparently are racist in this story, Sean gets kidnapped because the old man is a racist...

So, there comes the second and the third con together. Our character is not the main character of the story (which already made it worse), its Daniel. Daniel, who also got the special ability. A special abiltiy that the player can't control like we did it with Max, which made awesome puzzles for the game possible. Our character is just a side character who is there to help Daniel get through his story. We can only control Daniel's power through cutscenes where our side character make the main character calm down.

The first game brought up these things: Corruption, drog abuse, psycho teacher, friendship, time travel, choices that were meaningful enough to save a person's life in the story.

The second game bring up this thing: Racism. That's it. All the things thats happening to our side character is because of racism. The bully kid was racist, that's why we knocked him out, the cop was racist thats why he was afraid of two mexican kids and that's why he shot the father for no good reason.We had to run away because all the other cops who arrived are assumably racist as well and we would've been accused of killing the cop (which is not wrong by the way, just not the way they think). The old man at the gas station is racist thats why we get tied up even if we don't steal anything,

They just proved with this game that not continuing the story of Max and Chloe was a mistake. Majority of the people cared about them and we don't care about Daniel and Sean, and no, its not going to change if the first episode couldn't change our mind, because most of us are most likely not even going to buy the second episode. This game should be cancelled and make a game about the story of Max and Chloe as i said above.
  9. Oct 18, 2018
    This is a terrible follow-up to Life is Strange, Before the Storm and even Captain Spirit.

Basically nothing that made people fall in love with the previous games is left here. This is an empty shell that clearly has the name "Life is Strange" attached to it to make people pick something up they would not have bought otherwise. Instead of a great, engaging and lovingly told story you

Instead of a great, engaging and lovingly told story you are bombarded with political messages all the time (which I agree with, but that is not the point). Where Life is Strange drew it strength from subtlety to make you think this here offers nothing in comparison - you get told what is correct.

Apart from the politics the characters are weak, the voice acting is sub par and not even the music can compare to the first season - it is a shame when a previous title in the series completely destroys the facial animations and lip sync in this one.

The plot is you wandering around with your brother (not really a spoiler since that happens after 20 minutes) with forced interactions and "on the nose" tests on morality. I find it hard to believe that this is actually the same team that created Life is Strange - the story quality in this one is so far below the first one that it hurts. This is enforced by that not only the whole triggering event but also almost every single decision taken by the characters is stupid beyond belief and can´t be explained just by their age.

Speaking of decisions, none here matter at all - I can live with narratives not branching wildly. But when I have the option to walk away from a fight and I choose to just leading to me being insulted again and then starting the fight away its just lazy. This is basically true for every major decision offered - there is not even a slight variation.

I would have not expected Dontnod to fail so hard.
  10. Oct 7, 2018
    Appalling storyline, sounds like it was written by an Edgy teen, Poltiics in video games, **** off, just **** off.
  11. Nov 23, 2018
    Forest exploration + child raising simulator:

LIS1 had some real mystery, detective storyline, teaser/flashforward of things to come at the end, cool super power gameplay mechanics, a number of interesting, multidimensional characters and strong narrative. Where's all of that in its sequel? Exploring the forest and a couple of other locations and taking care of your brother is not my
    Forest exploration + child raising simulator:

Exploring the forest and a couple of other locations and taking care of your brother is not my idea of LIS game. If I wanted to raise a child I'd play "Princess Maker". The plot leaves a lot to be desired and makes me raise my eyebrows at how unrealistic some character behavior is, I can't relate to such characters. That whole idea of being on the run isn't exciting at all. The story isn't working for me. The game feels boring and fails to make me feel emotional and connected.

Some positive notes: the soundtrack is awesome as always in this franchise, the voice acting is very good as well.

I bought only the first episode. Will I come back for more? I don't think so. It didn't even have a cliffhanger! I can't believe that even "Before the Storm" made by a different studio was so much better than this... I played LIS1 twice and loved it even more the second time, while LIS2 is a massive disappointment for me.

P.S. Way too much swearing, slang, weed, booze, smoking, sex references. All that leaves pretty bad taste in my mouth. Are most teenagers in America really like that? Not to mention that it's a pretty bad influence and example for the audience.
  12. Oct 6, 2018
    This is not a LiS game, the developers had a chance to create something really special but decided to completely crap on the franchise. Imagine a proper sequel the fans deserved.

It's such a sad thing that happened to the LiS world, and the name was used to sell something that had nothing to do with LiS at all. Couldn't they, a talented (well they were) team think of something? It beggars belief.

The fans were robbed, betrayed. No one wants to play as 2 dudes, and the political correctness is big. SJW anti-Trump, left wing garbage that deserves to be deleted and thrown in the trash. Don't make the mistake of buying this garbage off the back of Max, Chloe et al.

This left wing political rubbish shouldn't be allowed to taint the world of LiS, and the poor sales proves it was a big big mistake by Dontnod.

"yeah yeah b...but max and chloes story is over!"

Why? A proper sequel could have been made with integrity, Chloe's story in it you could sidestep by having the player be Max, a little older in Seattle. Why not a story of her working for the FBI helping them to crack cases. Even I can come up with a decent synopsis that would have worked.

Imagine the FBI are trying to find a serial killer, they send Max back into the past to find out who the killer is, but she gets personally involved with the victims (already dead in the future) and breaks the 4th wall. She was meant to witness from a distance, but ends up feeling compelled to save a victim, and now she is in danger.

If she goes back to the future, her new found friend will die, can she alter the course of history for the good of all?

There Dontnod, I did it for you, get on it, no need to thank me.

LiS2 is for the franchise, Alien3 was to the films, a complete and utter failure, bad writing (lazy writing) and get my score of a whopping 0 (zero) sad thing is, these "woke" liberal game devs won't change, they will regurgitate a bias, and sadly, the LiS franchise is doomed.

LiS (the original) didn't sway in a partisan way left or right, it didn't try and force an ideal or bias, even if you had your own political opinion, you were allowed to explore the world where there was none. (politics) we play game to get away from all that crap, let's face it, bi-partisan politics is in your face every day, 24/7. LiS was a world where you could leave that behind and experience something different, something beautiful in it's sincere humanity. BtS was the same, no politics (round of applause for Deck9) Whoever came up that going down this path was a good idea needs firing.

What a terrible waste of a huge opportunity to make it into AAA game development.
    A true sequel with Max would have been a major success.
  13. Sep 28, 2018
    We waited long for LiS2 and the first episode is already great. If I compare the first episodes of LiS1 and LiS2 the one from this title is way better. I really liked Max and Chloe but Sean and Daniel are also very great characters. The story has many different aspects and I personly think that the political aspect of the story is good. Not too much to destroy the story but the politicalWe waited long for LiS2 and the first episode is already great. If I compare the first episodes of LiS1 and LiS2 the one from this title is way better. I really liked Max and Chloe but Sean and Daniel are also very great characters. The story has many different aspects and I personly think that the political aspect of the story is good. Not too much to destroy the story but the political touch give it more depth. Also, the game play is a little bit interactive than in the first game. With the first episode, Dontnod developed a good start of an intense story. I hope they don't mess up with this great start but Im confident they will deliver 4 more great episodes. Expand
  14. Sep 30, 2018
    A great game, no more, no less. Who complain the presence of political content and talk of objective judgment should stay silent. A similar game have to talk about political content, like the first two game did in their way.
    The story is strong, the character also, the music is perfect like always and so is the dubbing. The game offer a fresh new kind of adventure, different from the first season and from Before the Storm, but still similar for the kind of emotion that the adventure transmit.
    Highly suggested to anyway who appreciate a story well written.

PS: If you want the wall built, do not play this game; it's not for you. You won't be able to enjoy and judge it with objectivity.
  15. Sep 28, 2018
    'Click" nice. Not bad the first episode, I hope the rest will be the same. I understand why such a low score in the game, because the developers have removed Max and Chloe. The game is not bad, all good and positive)
  16. Sep 26, 2018
    Absolut ein Kunstwerk

Ich bin mehr als begeistert , die Story ist richtig gut , ich gebe zu bin sehr nah am Wasser gebaut und das Spiel hat das völlig ausgenutzt , bei Kapitel 2 brauch ich wohl eine Groß Packung Tempos. Das Beste ist es fühlt sich an wie Life is Strange aber es Spielt sich anders vom Spiel gefühl her ,es ist sehr gut geworden!!! Diese Verbindung auf sein klein
    Absolut ein Kunstwerk

Diese Verbindung auf sein klein Bruder zu achten ist richtig gut , habe mich laufend im Wald nach Daniel umgedreht weil angst hatte er geht mir verloren.
    Spiel ist super gelaufen keine Lags, Crashes oder sonstiges super ding Dontnod , Daumen hoch!!!

+Tolle Vertonung
    +Diese Musik ist einfach ...wow
    +Grafik hat sich Verbessert und behält Trotzdem den Charm des Art Style
    +Deutscher untertitle sehr gelungen
    +Gutes Story telling
    +Neue Features

Ich kann dieses Spiel mehr als empfehlen , muss sagen finde das erste Kapitel weit aus besser als den ersten teil, aber ich fand schon Captain Spirit besser, was nicht heisst das der erste teil nicht gut war nur dieser hier ist nochmal besser!
    Selbst die neben Figuren wirken Interessant gestaltet ich hoffe man trifft den einen oder anderen wieder in den nächsten Kapiteln.
  17. Sep 30, 2018
    Don't listen to the guys who are saying this is not Life is Strange, they are stuck in the past.
    Actually before playing LiS 2 i thought this won't get me hooked that much but right after ten minutes, this game just got me !
    It's a real nice story and i just can't wait for the next episode. Sad thing that mostly americans get triggered by the "racist" thing, if you're a smart guy and
    It's a real nice story and i just can't wait for the next episode.

Sad thing that mostly americans get triggered by the "racist" thing, if you're a smart guy and you actually can use your brain you won't get triggered by that.

Enjoy the story guys, it's beautyfull !
  18. Oct 5, 2018
    Graphics and designs are great as they've always been in these games.
    Music is good and well fitting.
    Good story with enjoyable mechanics. Well optimized. I have played the whole first episode on 4K, 60 fps which not only looks beautiful but also works surprisingly well. (Also, the stereotyping thing that some people are so mad about is exaggerated stuff. There will always be a little
    Graphics and designs are great as they've always been in these games.
    Music is good and well fitting.
    Good story with enjoyable mechanics.
    (Also, the stereotyping thing that some people are so mad about is exaggerated stuff. There will always be a little stereotyping in movies and games, this is no exception and is not something people should get offended about as it's no harm to anyone.)

I have only played the first episode so it's not possible to judge the entirety of the game, but this looks promising.

I have been looking at the mixed reviews on this website and I must say that they don't really describe the game the way I would, which means;
    Don't solely take a couple of reviews as an only guide, because we all have different tastes. For anyone wondering about buying this game, do some research, read up on many reviews and then you can decide if this game is for you or not.

Eagerly waiting for next episode.
  19. Mar 10, 2019
    ОТЗЫВ

Дата прохождения игры - 27 сентября, 2018 года.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Oct 11, 2018
    All in all, it’s a strong initial start. While a little disorientating and stumbling at points, it’s believable as this player experience mirrors the confusion of Sean and Daniel, trying to find their way. There are lots of decisions to make and the game doesn’t pull punches in terms of asking you to make uncomfortable choices. The narrative also does a very good job of introducing you to the brother based mechanics, showing you how those decisions impact both Sean and Daniel in the long run. I’m excited to see where the road will take them next.