6.9

1. Sep 19, 2021
    LiR is such a beautiful, inventive game - as many here have already pointed out. But what made me really fall in love with it is the care Zoink has put into creating truly heartfelt characters. In a world that can often seem dark, the character meetings in this game gives me hope for the future - in gaming as well as humanity!
  2. Sep 21, 2021
    It's just a wonderful (different) game!

The really emotional and involving story is paired with a well balanced but challenging and peerless combat system. On top of that neither the story nor the combat get 's too repetitive over time and there's always something new. Just like the games world, in which is always something to discover and that invites to explore. The games voice
    It's just a wonderful (different) game!

The games voice acting is just fantastic even if the audio is just available in English but there are subtitles in other languages which translation is simply perfect. They managed it to got more or less all the jokes and puns (even the ones in the names!) working. So that worked out really well for me, but I would say I'm not that bad in English for a non-native speaker.

Price wise I'd say it's just like it should be as it costed me 30 € (around 35 $) and it took me about 26 hours to complete so that's a little more than 1 € per hour which is just fine. But I always need longer than average as I'm always taking my time to make sure I don't miss ANYthing.

All in all I can just recommend it. It's definitely one of my top 10 all time favorites.
  3. Sep 26, 2021
    A kind of really interesting game with a unique visual style! The story is also cool. Gameplay gives you challenges and interesting situations. The narrative in the game is also on a great level. I'd like to play more games with the same synergy of narrative art style and gameplay.
  4. Oct 24, 2021
    Lost in Random is an excellent platformer game with a gorgeous universe; the combat system is too much repetitive and sometimes breaks the player's immersion, but it's a pleasure playing from the beginning to the end. Storyline is also catchy but could have been better
  5. Dec 31, 2021
    Great game with a huge focus on story, characters, and world-building. I don't remember the last time when the story absorbed me so much. Yes, there are a few bugs here are there, but nothing game-breaking. Usually minor visual glitches.
  6. Sep 13, 2021
    A unique and beautiful gameplay. Story was was fine. Need more games that try something new.
  7. Sep 12, 2021
    Fun! I’m greatly enjoying it. Fulfills my love for Rohald Dahl and my fetish for dice. Everything about this game is wholly unique, from the world, story, to the combat which gets pretty tough as you play on. Yep. I’m a fan
  8. Sep 12, 2021
    It's fine... I guess. I mean the artistic vision and world design is really breathtaking and something what we haven't seen for many, many years. This is not just "Burton inspired" but it's 100% Burton-like (good Burton-like). But gameplay is... clunky. We do nothing interesting or engaging through all game. And fighting system is just awful, clumsy and down right not fun. Such a shameIt's fine... I guess. I mean the artistic vision and world design is really breathtaking and something what we haven't seen for many, many years. This is not just "Burton inspired" but it's 100% Burton-like (good Burton-like). But gameplay is... clunky. We do nothing interesting or engaging through all game. And fighting system is just awful, clumsy and down right not fun. Such a shame that Zoink repeats mistakes from Fe - we have great climate, visual feast and not bad story, but gameplay is just meh. Expand
  9. Sep 12, 2021
    I'm just tired of idiots giving bad reviews because the game is not in certain languages, so I wanted to even the score. If people are giving reviews without even playing the game, so will I.
  10. Sep 12, 2021
    Outstanding game.
    + unique and interesting Tim Burton styled world
    + very unique and fun gameplay. I really enjoyed all board games. Battle system is just fun and challenging at times, but definitely not for kids + awesome soundtrack + Story and characters are just great. I really felt involved into the story and wanted to save Odd, help to stop a war in 3rd world etc. - Only 2nd
    Outstanding game.
    + unique and interesting Tim Burton styled world
    + awesome soundtrack

- Only 2nd and 3rd world were nicely done. Others felt really bland
    - NPC design is reused too much. Same fish, bubaduba, long armslegs, rat guy everywhere
    - not enough colors here and there so exploring feels boring at times
    - how come Royam boss is harder than final boss? In fact he's the hardest challenge in the game. Like really?
    - sometimes it's really boring to listen to all optional dialogues, they don't give any interesting intel. Should've got rid of some
    - puzzles are too easy
    - no chapter selection. Guys I wanted to platinum your game, but after credits you don't have access to card shop, etc. At least give me check point before final bosses
  11. Oct 19, 2021
    Lost In Random
    An interesting adventure
    Lost in Random is creepy, it’s a 10 hour long card based action adventure game where you play as Even, out to rescue her sister Odd as they’ve been split up on Odds 12th birthday, where all the kids in town roll a die to figure out hwere in Random they’ll ive, she rolls a 6 and is swept away to live with the queen.. Along your way you meet a dice,
    Lost In Random
    An interesting adventure
    Along your way you meet a dice, and you set off an adventure to git the dice more pits so it cann roll higher numbers, to eventually get to the kingdom of 6…
    youll also get cards to build of a deck of 15… these cards help in a variety of ways during combat, essentially youll hit weakspots with slingshots, fill up a card so you can roll dicey, the number you roll is how many action points you get to play a card such as having a word, or throwing out a bomb.. even healing.. just to name a few.. and youll do a mixture of combat and exploring these creapy tim burton like towns solving the problems of its residence to help you move on.. .
    The greatest aspct of lsot in random is its world building.. I loved living in thise creepy little land.. meeting its colorful cast of charcters.. however I felt like eventually it all just became too much.. I felt like I was mostly sitting through dialog, waiting for my turn to choose a dialog option that didn’t change anything in the world or its gameplay, it was just an artificial choice wasting my time, pretending it was important.. causing me to get bored about halfway through, just wanting to push forward and explore the world, but instead these charcters just wanted to talk and talk and talk.. I stopped caring.. skipping dialog just trying to move on, go to the next section to throw down some dice and mess enemies up, til that too became a bore.. combat here just isn’t satisfying, it’s a novel idea at first reminding me a bit of kingdom hearts unchained memories, I love the idea of deck building for combat, but with how slow cards come out, and how annoying it is to aim for weak spots on enemies in general in terms of all video games, it just felt like a slog at times.. Something I feel that could be fixed with these shtos of my slingshot at least doing a little damage, encouraging me to use cards to be more powerful rather than rely on them to progress forward..
    Overall I appreciate the world of Lost in Random, the characters are crazy, the world is intriguing, and there are many great life lessons to be taken, but the pacing from the combat to the story is just awful, its bad and brought this nearly great game down in my eyes.. not by much.. but I found myself noticeable liking the game less and less the more I played it…
    I give Lost in Random
    a 7/10
  12. Sep 16, 2021
    It's been so long since the last time I've played a game so unique, gorgeous and engaging. Sure it has it's flaws, but those aren't very important.
    Don't mind angry russians with their '1' because there is no russian language. Most of them would get a pirated one anyway, so why bother
  13. Sep 24, 2021
    Very nice game unique gameplay was good story too love this yesssssssssssssssss
  14. Sep 12, 2021
    Игра выглядит неплохо, но не более того. Отсутствие адекватной локализации тоже минус. Атмосфера необычная, но отталкивающая. EA продолжает экспериментировать, но пока получается так себе.
  15. Sep 12, 2021
    английский, французский, итальянский, немецкий, испанский ,японский ,ГДЕ Русский и Китайский АЛЛО самых распространённых языков нет. EA не нашли пару копеек на перевод.
  16. Sep 12, 2021
    английский, французский, итальянский, немецкий, испанский ,японский есть, а Русский?
  17. Sep 12, 2021
    В роликах все выглядело лучше. Думал будет маленький шедевр, судя по обзорам критиков. Но увы нет.
    Плюсы:
    1. Атмосфера темной сказки Минусы: 1. Отсутствие русского языка даже в субтитрах 2. Скучные Бои (Система боя похожа на бои в Horizon Zero Dawn, но с включением Колоды карт. И сражения более однообразные и простые, чем в в вышеупомянутой игре) 3. Игра короткая и скучная, через 2
    Плюсы:
    1. Атмосфера темной сказки
    Минусы:
    1. Отсутствие русского языка даже в субтитрах
    3. Игра короткая и скучная, через 2 часа игры уже не хочется в нее дальше играть.
    4. Мыло. Возможно на маленьких экранах, это не так будет бросаться в глаза, но на широких видно хорошо и в настройках особо не подкрутить ничего, чтобы убрать это.
  18. Apr 17, 2022
    A very average game, average story telling, poor combat, beautiful graphics, slightly messed up pacing, great characters, it was fine.
  19. Apr 26, 2022
    Lost in Random tiene muy buenas ideas pero, lamentablemente, la ejecución de las mismas no es tan buena. La historia quizás es lo mejor, una fábula clásica de cuento de hadas que no pretende ser otra cosa y que funciona bastante bien. Donde más falla, sin embargo, es en la jugabilidad. Los combates son buena parte del juego y son demasiado lentos en animaciones y demás, y con poca variedadLost in Random tiene muy buenas ideas pero, lamentablemente, la ejecución de las mismas no es tan buena. La historia quizás es lo mejor, una fábula clásica de cuento de hadas que no pretende ser otra cosa y que funciona bastante bien. Donde más falla, sin embargo, es en la jugabilidad. Los combates son buena parte del juego y son demasiado lentos en animaciones y demás, y con poca variedad de enemigos; tenemos nuestra baraja y nuestro dado para personalizar nuestro estilo, pero usar el dado para el combate mientras elegimos cartas lo cual hace que el combate pierda todo el flow. Además, la variedad de enemigos es tan poca que, una vez que tenemos una baraja que nos gusta (algo rápido de conseguir) no hay ninguna razón para cambiar la baraja ya que las mismas estrategias que usas al principio del juego siguen siendo igual de eficaces al final del mismo.

Gráficamente el juego es muy Tim Burton, con todo lo bueno y malo que ello implica, en una estética que a mi me gusta pero también acaba cansando. Aunque las diferentes localizaciones son bastante distintas y cada una tiene su rollo, lo cual es de agradecer. El sonido está bastante bien, con una música también muy Burtoniana, buenos doblajes de voces y unos efectos que cumplen bien. En mi partida no he encontrado en realidad bugs de importancia, aunque los controles (especialmente para enviar a Dicey) no son todo lo precisos que deberían ser y el mapa no acaba sirviendo demasiado para orientarse debido a la estética que le han dado.

Por todo ello, Lost in Random podría haber sido un buen juego, pero se va haciendo cada vez más pesado a medida que van pasando las horas. Un 4,5.
  20. May 3, 2022
    Jeezus I'm so tired of idiots rating games for lack of russian localization. Your 10th world country is not interesting for anyone. It's not 10/10 but a solid 8/10 if you like dark and moody games.
  21. Sep 27, 2021
    Lost in Random is a true jewel of a game.
    A wonderful world, smoot gameplay and imho a very interesting fight system.
    Random truly Rules.
  22. Sep 16, 2021
    De acuerdo a los reviews esto tiene localizacion a español, asi que debe ser un juego excelente (siguiendo la logica de que si una localizacion no esta es malo).
  23. May 30, 2022
    Game not for everyone, but if it's your type you'll love it, with its incredible atmosphere, its original fighting, and its great story separated by very intuitive and cool cities, lost in random is a great game for those looking for an adventure to get into.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 20 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 29, 2021
    The cute horror game in the style of Tim Burton offers a unique combat system. However, balancing issues and a lack of variety impair the fun.
  2. Nov 16, 2021
    Lost in Random is a 3D action game with a focus on deck-building with magical cards. By having the player roll a dice, the game brings an interesting factor of chance to the table, but it can not be denied that this element can also work against itself.
  3. CD-Action
    Nov 15, 2021
    Lost in Random excels in storytelling and offers an unconventional combat system. If you like visiting unique worlds, enjoy dark fables and appreciate a good story, you’ll get hooked on this game big time. I was eagerly awaiting Alice: Asylum and suddenly this gem appeared. Here’s to more wonderful surprises like this one. [11/2021, p.74]