8.0

1. Jan 9, 2014
    This game was awesome especially for the price. I wont go too far into it but i really enjoyed it. Fun game play, great graphics, and something different than all the other games I've been playing lately. 23 bucks for this gem? I'm all over it.
  2. Jul 13, 2015
    Juego ágil y relativamente sencillo de aprender. Posee varias variantes por ser un hack and slash. Los jefes de lo mejor del juego como en todo MGS aunque carece de los momentos épicos de la historia principal de la saga. Falta modo online.
  3. May 30, 2020
    Wft dude, i played super smash bros. and I thought I'd see some snake here,but there's none of that, trash game, protag isn't in smash, 5 out of 10
  4. Jan 12, 2014
    This game has nothing to do with previous "Metal Gear Solid" series, okay? It's "Metal Gear Rising". If you want something different, just stop whining and play something different, don't be a jerk. It's hack and slash ("DmC" like) type of the game. Period.

At first I must say that the port is more than great, it's polished to the very end and it's a real pleasure. Game graphics are more then enough for today standards and looks really fantastic to me (tons of particles and some really cool flashes and etc. effects). Gameplay is mostly fast and accurate, where you can cut things just like in "Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers" game and the whole game based on these cuts, which says about great game design for itself. It also has really great, natural animations as well (motion capture ftw). The story looks pretty simple (super hero saves the world from bad guys), but it also has its moments, like: really-really great unique characters, philosophy things, different mood and some really nice little jokes from time to time. Controls are okay as well, but if you're going to argue because of using keyboard and mouse, you're an idiot. Games like these should be played using gamepads only, where keyboard and mouse just some poor alternative for people who don't own any controllers. Enemies are different, but some of them really overpowered, so it makes hard to defeat them even on "Easy" difficulty (which also has auto-parry system, btw, which is great for people who use keyboard and mouse to play this game). I beat the game on "Hard", including bonus missions and I must say it was more then fair enough. The game also has "Devil May Cry" like score system, where the highest you get is "S" score (at least I couldn't get higher than that). Tons of bonuses awaits you (also some fun eastereggs from developers, I also found some really cool hidden secret places in game where additional enemies awaits you) if you're a that type of player, who digs through all the game to achieve everything, completely. Fighting is simple and pure fun, there's some space for really amazing combos. To players who say there's no any, check "Help" option in game, also buy all upgrades and then try "Mortal Kombat" like moves (back, forward, button; clockwise, button; etc), check firstly, then say ****

Online security system was a bad move, but you must understand that's not the fault of game developers or publishers, it's a fault of hackers and pirates, so stop whining, it has nothing to do with the game itself, kids.

The game is made with a soul and definitely a work of some real professionals. I beat the game on a single breath and now I'm doing that again and probably going to ride it one more time after that, that's how awesome it is. Music is just freaking amazing and fits the game really nice (thank God I bought some really expensive headphones a while ago and can hear it all exactly as it should be heard).

Also I can't believe that this game is so freaking cheap. I think it's a steal.

Played on maxed out settings using:
    LG 27" (60Hz)
    1920x1080
    NVIDIA GTX 660
    Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)

Not a single lag, bug or anything, such a smooth riding here. ("DmC" like) game. Period.
    I think I'm done with my opinion here.

Goodluck, Reapers!

P.S. English language isn't my native.
  5. Jan 10, 2014
    This is a good pc port. But first, I have to complaint about the **** System Requirement of this game. It is well optimized, and you just need a PC with half of that System Requirement to run this game even on max. Second, the cutscenes are those annoying video clips again, low pixel, colors look like 16bit, I wish they could done this better (Like Resident 5, DMC or Tomb Raider), usingThis is a good pc port. But first, I have to complaint about the **** System Requirement of this game. It is well optimized, and you just need a PC with half of that System Requirement to run this game even on max. Second, the cutscenes are those annoying video clips again, low pixel, colors look like 16bit, I wish they could done this better (Like Resident 5, DMC or Tomb Raider), using the engine graphic cutscene. Third, the Low Res Texture really bug me, worse than the console (hope it will have a HD texture patch). And that is all i can complaint about this port. Now for the good. As I said it's well optimized with fully supported Mouse and Keyboard, hell yeah! The story is good, the cutscenes are very interesting, the gameplay is Amazing and the soundtrack is fantastic. Overall a good port, worth buying. P/s: Your PC will not find any action game like this for many more years. Expand
  6. Jan 21, 2014
    So the game deviates from the MGS gameplay style that we know and love, that said, it's one of the best hack & slash games i've ever played, Raiden is now an exoskeleton ninja that could pick up and fling metal gears around, so does he really need to sneak around? besides the game's been out on consoles for a while, i'm sure all of you had some idea of what the game was before you investedSo the game deviates from the MGS gameplay style that we know and love, that said, it's one of the best hack & slash games i've ever played, Raiden is now an exoskeleton ninja that could pick up and fling metal gears around, so does he really need to sneak around? besides the game's been out on consoles for a while, i'm sure all of you had some idea of what the game was before you invested in to it

They've given us PC players a good well optimised port, we don't get many games like this, so quit complaining and enjoy the game, or would you rather not have it released at all?
  7. Feb 16, 2014
    I was worried about this game as this is Platinum Games' first attempt at making a PC port but I am happy to say that my worries are unfounded. Graphics wise are decent and flashy, the amount of things you can cut is astonishing and it runs pretty dang well on my archaic rigs even when cutting a soldier into 300 pieces.

Controlling Raiden with a keyboard is a bit troublesome but no

Controlling Raiden with a keyboard is a bit troublesome but no problem with a controller.

I can proudly say that I recommend this game.
  8. Mar 30, 2014
    If you enjoy hack and slash type games and would like a game based around Raiden then Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a game you should get. Graphically it's impressive on PC and personally I use a wired Xbox 360 controller so I haven't had any issues with controlling Raiden at all.
  9. Feb 3, 2014
    This game is really good. To be honest I didn't think it will be that awesome. The game play is really fun, the graphics are beautiful, there are a lot of boss battles and they are hard and unique in there own way. I think it is worth buying this game!
  10. Jan 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game rocks and it is rare to get such games for pc. amazing action , kind of a plot that makes u think but not too mind twisting . But there is one thing i loved the most its the BOSS FIGHTS. they are one of the best i have ever played for a very long time . Every boss is truly memorable. especially
    Mistral for her design and for having the best theme song of the game. and
    Monsoon for being the best over the top boss fight of the game .
    Kudos to the developers for a pc port. hope to see more such ports in the future.
  11. Jul 22, 2014
    A very fun and fast paced hack and slash spinoff set in the metal gear solid universe. The zandatsu feature is alot of fun and never gets old no matter how many times you do it. It may lack the story of the other metal gears but its still a hell of alot of fun to play and worth picking up on a sale.
  12. Jan 10, 2014
    Got this game during the sales and it was very cheap. It is good that Kojima and Platinum realized that the PC still is an IMPORTANT and great platform. If they keep up this positive thinking I will buy Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain for PC as well once they release MGS:V for PC. Don't forget that gaming started on Amiga, C64, ZX Spectrum which are all PCs.
  13. Jan 12, 2014
    Oh and just a thing, for all you people complaining about the robodog difficulty spike, YOU SUCK LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME FOR **** SAKE. Please excuse that, but don't give it a 0 because you are so horribly bad that you can't even beat an easy boss on easy.
  14. Jan 16, 2014
    People complaining about this severing ties with the MGS serious don't understand that this was the point of the game entirely. This is giving a new character a new world to play in and it is not a bad thing. It has some of the best hack and slash gameplay I have seen to date. It feels so amazing to unleash a devastating combo on your enemy and then slow down time to slice them into tinyPeople complaining about this severing ties with the MGS serious don't understand that this was the point of the game entirely. This is giving a new character a new world to play in and it is not a bad thing. It has some of the best hack and slash gameplay I have seen to date. It feels so amazing to unleash a devastating combo on your enemy and then slow down time to slice them into tiny little pieces. I am not joking here, you can cut them up into hundreds of pieces, it is amazing.

The writing is a little cheesy, and there is some sketchy voice acting, but overall this was an AMAZING game. The PC version also has 2 short DLC stories, one where you get to actually play as one of the boss characters. Seeing how they eventually came into play and ended up being on the wrong side. The game is amazing.
  15. Jan 11, 2014
    $30 for a game that was released as a PS3 AAA title? Gimme!
    Yes, finally a Metal Gear title makes it to PC again.
    Okay, so the game reeks of console port, from the rather ugly textures to the simplified level design, but what you're really paying for is the combat. Fun! The plot is pretty immature and the voice acting is not the best, but there is something so charming about these
    $30 for a game that was released as a PS3 AAA title? Gimme!
    Yes, finally a Metal Gear title makes it to PC again.

The plot is pretty immature and the voice acting is not the best, but there is something so charming about these type of Japanese games that they can get away with it.
    Oh, and unlike other games, when you hack and slash, this game really means it! You literally cut your enemies to pieces! In fact, is an integral part of combat. A novel and entertaining game mechanic.

If this game was $60-$70, I would have scored this a 7 or 8, as it is at $30, it is an absolute bargain!
  16. Jan 14, 2014
    Great game but a bit short and way better from the newest Devil May Cry which was a big disappointment. i liked the big boss fights and some characters were interesting also the music in the game is great. I hope more Metal Gear games come to PC
  17. Jan 10, 2014
    This game is kickass just as it was on the xbox 360, The graphics have there chance to shine on PC hardware finally and it is absolutely amazing, pretty much nothing has changed between this version and the console version except it has a huge graphics boost and 60fps, but my only complaint is that you always have to be online to play it, but that was solved by going to good ol piratebayThis game is kickass just as it was on the xbox 360, The graphics have there chance to shine on PC hardware finally and it is absolutely amazing, pretty much nothing has changed between this version and the console version except it has a huge graphics boost and 60fps, but my only complaint is that you always have to be online to play it, but that was solved by going to good ol piratebay and downloading a crack and viola no internet connection needed.. Konami better not go the way that EA has or i might never buy another game from them if this is the trend they think will solve internet piracy. overall its a great game and i love the metal gear series Expand
  18. Jan 14, 2014
    About the gameplay, the game is unsurprisingly worse than Platinum game's Bayonetta, but it's still one of the best action games of this generation. A bit short (~7 hours), and there's not a lot of room for character personalization. Raiden only has two weapons with full sets of combos, and another two that only have a couple of 1-hit attacks that are not particularly useful. The camera isAbout the gameplay, the game is unsurprisingly worse than Platinum game's Bayonetta, but it's still one of the best action games of this generation. A bit short (~7 hours), and there's not a lot of room for character personalization. Raiden only has two weapons with full sets of combos, and another two that only have a couple of 1-hit attacks that are not particularly useful. The camera is also a bit annoying and difficult to control, which is desperate in an action game, and the "katana mode" is impossible to perform with a keyboard and a mouse. The "normal" difficulty level is ridiculously easy, with the "hard" level being a bit more of a challenge. The "very hard" mode unlocked when finishing the first playtrough, is the one I really enjoyed. Still with all those errors, the sense of playing like a samurai is very well captured.

About the graphics and music, I only have to say that they aren't particularly bright. The story is OK, and the ending does not disappoint, but Raiden is not very well written, and you will find him going from being too superficial, to pedantically deep and very overacted. Other characters of the story, like Sam Rodrigues, are much better handled.

This is a good buy if it is at a reduced price.
  19. Jan 20, 2014
    the MGR series is one of my favorites and this one just puts it at #1. always taking a unique angle on the morality of war and asking us to check ourselves on that front in real life. gameplay and combat is unbelievable, as are the graphics. great game.
  20. Jan 15, 2014
    Anyone who likes fast paced over the top action shouldn't miss out on this game.
    Gameplay: really smooth and lot of fun, 10/10
    Graphics: MGR is a really pretty game, 9/10
    Sound: the music is fantastic and makes the fights about 300% more awesome, 10/10
    Plot: I haven't finished the game yet, but so far it's not that bad
  21. Jan 15, 2014
    Para os usuários de PC que possuem poucas ofertas de jogos no estilo Hack 'n Slash está aí um ótimo título. O jogo é muito bom, com uma jogabilidade excelente. Nada de muito complicado. Uma boa variedade de ataques e combos. Os combates são muito bons, com uma variedade boa de inimigos com táticas diferentes para derrotar cada um.

Os gráficos do jogo são bons, ainda mais se levado em

Os gráficos do jogo são bons, ainda mais se levado em consideração que o jogo foi feito para console e daí lançado no PC (geralmente quando isso ocorre os gráficos não ficam bons no PC). No meu caso não houve quedas bruscas de FPS, rodando a 60 FPS na resolução em Full HD (1080p) e com a configuração no máximo. Os filtros presentes no jogo são bons, com um bom antialising, a filtragem de textura deixa o jogo ainda mais bonito e com boas sombras durante o jogo.

A história do jogo também é interessante, confesso que não muito empolgante, mas inda sim boa. A história ocorre de forma linear, e à medida que avançamos na histórias novos elementos vão aparecendo explicando um pouco das coisas.

No entanto o jogo não é tudo maravilha, e umas das coisas que mais atrapalha são os combates, na verdade a frequência dos combates, que chega a enjoar um pouco.

Por fim, levando em consideração o preço do jogo, é um ótimo custo benefício. Vale a pena ter esse jogo e recomendo ele para os usuários de PC.
  22. Jan 15, 2014
    This is a big event for PC since both Konami and Platinum have never released a PC port to any of their games so far. Of course, since they design console games, playing this game with a controller is a must to get the full experience the developers wanted us to have. But it is still amazing that we can have this console experience without having to buy a console. If less people complainThis is a big event for PC since both Konami and Platinum have never released a PC port to any of their games so far. Of course, since they design console games, playing this game with a controller is a must to get the full experience the developers wanted us to have. But it is still amazing that we can have this console experience without having to buy a console. If less people complain and see how awesome this is, then we could get more PC ports in the future, like Metal Gear Solid V.

Anyways, about the game itself, the combat is great. My favourite aspect is the balance of making you feel challeneged while also making you feel powerful. I would compare this a lot to the Batman games where you are given a set of basic maneuvers (more unlock with XP) which the player learns to master as the game continues while always upping the challenge. Replaying earlier levels after finishing the game makes you feel unstoppable. You never feel frustrated (aside from maybe the final boss battle) since you know you have the tools to defeat whatever obstacle comes your way.

The combat is fluid, fast, smooth and tight. I have never experienced anything like this on PC and I really hope this is the start to more console exclusives coming our way. The pacing is also great. Everytime you feel actions are repetitive, a new enemy typ comes along, or better yet, you are treated to a boss fight. And these are METAL GEAR Boss Fights, so get ready for some epic stuff. The bosses remind me a bit of the ones in MGS 3 where they all have a particular ability and are a clan with a past that is never fully adressed, standing in your way one by one to stop you.

Another aspect I like is that the game still retains it's Metal Gear charms, like the sound the codec makes, the radar and the alert system which functions like the other metal gear games, giving you the option to be stealthy on several occasions. You probably wont be becuase this is an action game where any enemy presented to you can be stopped (though you are told to run and avoid enemies a few times) but if you so choose to, you can play this game in stealth. Awesome stealth kill options are given to you too and I would recomend trying this style a few times just for fun and to see the extra work that was put into the game.

For the cons, the camera does get in the way on several occasions. The story and how it relates to the metal gear lore is not great either. Also, there seem to be a few glitches here and there and the prompts during the final boss fight are downright unfair (unless it's another bug).

In conclusion, this is a great achievement for PC gaming, making the gap between the console experience that much smaller. As long as you accept the fact that this was a console game and thus requires a controller, you will have a bunch of fun. Easily the best hack and slash action game on PC.
  23. Jan 17, 2014
    Very, very, very over-the top action game. The boss battles are great, chopping cyborgs into tiny pieces is addicting, and there's a definite sense of achievement after challenging bosses like the final one. Story-wise, there isn't much, but what's there is good. The voice acting could be better in some places, but the combat is so much fun you ignore it. My only real complaint is that theVery, very, very over-the top action game. The boss battles are great, chopping cyborgs into tiny pieces is addicting, and there's a definite sense of achievement after challenging bosses like the final one. Story-wise, there isn't much, but what's there is good. The voice acting could be better in some places, but the combat is so much fun you ignore it. My only real complaint is that the campaign is so short (totaling at roughly seven missions, counting one that is merely a short boss fight), but you can replay chapters of your choice to unlock all of the swords and abilities and etc. But if you are a fan of outlandishly amazing boss battles (throwing giant robots across cities and jumping across missiles to chop them in half) or any video game with fun swordplay, this is definitely worth it. Expand
  24. Jan 16, 2014
    A well-done and fun fighting game. Even if you break your fingers trying to eliminate your enemies, you will know it was worth it. A negative part would be the camera mechanics even though it won't get in your way.
  25. Jan 10, 2014
    One of the best games relased in years. You need to play this or you have failed in life, the graphics are fantastic, the gameplay is soooooo very good This is the best spectacle fighter ever relased **** all over stuff like DMC and Darksiders.
  26. Jan 19, 2014
    + Bosses and Their Philosophy (For me this is are Minstral and Sundowner )
    +Blade Mode
    - 6 Hour in easy ?
  27. Jan 14, 2014
    Excelent GAme!!!Excelent GAme!!!
    Excelent GAme!!!
    Excelent GAme!!!Excelent GAme!!!Excelent GAme!!!
  28. Jan 17, 2014
    I loved it, this is such a well created hack'n slash game that i can't even describe how impressed i am of it. Well done Platinum Games!

Now, i am just waiting for the Solid series to come on the PC platform as well, Kojima.. i'm waiting.
  29. Feb 15, 2014
    This game is like Pacific Rim! Cheesy story and ridiculously over the top battles. Thats what i loved about Pacific Rim and that is exactly why i love this game. If you overlook some bad voice acting and dialogue you will get a challenging, adrenaline rushing game with awesome blade cutting mechanics.
    (Oh boy and how i sliced a boss personaly with the thumbstick when i finally made my finishing move after i died SEVERAL times)
    And its just 20€ here in europe. So far "RULES OF NATURE"
  30. Jan 31, 2014
    It was better than expected. Loved playing ninja robot. Now hoping that future series will also debut on pc also or even the old ones. Game length is bit short though.
  31. Jan 24, 2014
    Despite some camera issues this game is a perfect choice for hack'n'slash fans. Graphics are surprisingly good for a console port, and soundtrack is just awesome. If you wanna feel yourself as a hi-tech ninja with sharp blade, dismembering enemies and environment, Metal Gear Rising is your type of game.
  32. Feb 17, 2014
    It is a great port. Great graphics, Excellent Gameplay, Story wise, not too bad. I hope this will not be the last, hope Kojima will keep porting Metal Gear series on PC.
  33. Jan 14, 2014
    wow this game is amazing..the best hack n slash game of 2014 till now...super fast pace action,amazing boss fights and our fav raiden..i never hoped that platinum games can churn out such a good pc port of this game..it runs smooth on my pc keeping everything on ultra..great job PG
  34. Jan 19, 2014
    I have never played a Metal Gear game in my life until now but I heard good things about this game from my friend who had played it so I decided to pick it up and after playing through it I feel that I have formulated a sound opinion. Let me just start by saying that the game is incredibly gory so if that's a deal breaker for you then don't bother. However if you can get past the violenceI have never played a Metal Gear game in my life until now but I heard good things about this game from my friend who had played it so I decided to pick it up and after playing through it I feel that I have formulated a sound opinion. Let me just start by saying that the game is incredibly gory so if that's a deal breaker for you then don't bother. However if you can get past the violence than this can be a fun game for you. Graphically it's amazing the characters are all rendered well, the environments all look nice, and there is so much chaos and destruction that there will be bits and pieces of just about everything from enemies, to missiles, to vehicle parts flying all over the place. The game play has some issues though, to me the game felt like a beat 'em up so while chopping enemies to bits is fun it can get a little repetitive. There are some stealth elements to mix things up a bit, but there are several sections where I feel it's impossible to get through without being detected on your first try. There's a very strict learning curve throughout this game, you will have to think on the spot and master skills as quickly as you possibly can and there is little room for error. While this offers some challenge, I can safely say that this game is not nice to beginners. Not to mention the difficulty is all over the place I was killed three times by one by only to defeat the boss that came after it in one try. The soundtrack is full of kick ass hard rock and it greatly compliments all the action on screen, especially when fighting a boss. Finally, I like is the story, amidst all the hacking and slashing, there is a story that brings up many different perspectives on war philosophy and ethics in this case it's mainly centered around the subject of child soldiers. It's something that really makes you think long after you put down your controller. I like it when games do this because I think it really enhances your experience, it makes you feel like your actions have weight behind them. Just to clarify, I think this is a good game and if you want to buy it for yourself then go ahead, just be prepared for what lies ahead of you when you do. Expand
  35. Feb 7, 2014
    +great port, no lag issues with older PC
    +nice enhanced graphics
    +Kojima´s story
    +METAL GEAR
    +great music (tough guy feelings)
    +so much fun to play
    +cutting/cutting/cutting !
  36. Mar 15, 2015
    Have you ever played a game so amazing that you don't know if you'll ever play a game as good as it again? ...MGR isn't that game, but it sure is close to it. MGR is probably the best example of a game being more than just the sum of its parts. The combat is a bit button-mashy (with slowly reacting AI) on lower difficulties, map design is mostly point A to point B, and the weapon varietyHave you ever played a game so amazing that you don't know if you'll ever play a game as good as it again? ...MGR isn't that game, but it sure is close to it. MGR is probably the best example of a game being more than just the sum of its parts. The combat is a bit button-mashy (with slowly reacting AI) on lower difficulties, map design is mostly point A to point B, and the weapon variety is very limited. Somehow the game overcomes its shortcomings by combining ridiculous over-the-top cutscenes, a diverse OST with tracks ranging from traditional MGS-style ambience to blood-pumping boss themes, and a cast of uniquely difficult bosses that all feel like properly fleshed out worthy opponents for your anime cyborg ninja.

Western devs are trying so hard to remove bosses and "video gamey" elements that when something like MGR comes along it feels like a breath of fresh air despite doing nothing revolutionary. MGR is a video game made by people who actually play video games and it shows. Bosses will beat techniques into you and make you get good, only to have the next boss require you to "unlearn" and adapt your previous strategies. MGR's bosses are an outstanding example of good game design in every way possible... I honestly can't remember the last time I played a game with such memorable boss fights.

MGR manages to feel like an extension of MGS while standing on its own strengths. With a plausible plotline (within the MGS universe at least), charismatic bosses, a likable supporting cast, and actual character development in an action game, MGR creates something unique by smoothly melding a bevy of genre staples. I don't know if MGS fans will want to pick this up, but its hard to deny the adrenaline-pumping awesomeness of Metal Gear Rising.
  37. Feb 7, 2014
    i have been and still a big fan of the metal gear solid games , and i loved Rising a lot although it doesn't have the same gameplay or style as MGS , here it is hack'n'slash fast paced game unlike the stealthy ones , and it is fun as ever with the expected bad ass cutscenes , and the best most enjoyable thing in this game are the boss fights as usual from the MGS series specially the lasti have been and still a big fan of the metal gear solid games , and i loved Rising a lot although it doesn't have the same gameplay or style as MGS , here it is hack'n'slash fast paced game unlike the stealthy ones , and it is fun as ever with the expected bad ass cutscenes , and the best most enjoyable thing in this game are the boss fights as usual from the MGS series specially the last boss as he reminded me of one of mya favorite anime character "greed" from full metal alchemist Expand
  38. Mar 4, 2014
    Amazing graphics, tight controls and the full game with all content for a great price on the PC. The fun and action don't relent during this amazing game. There are tons of unlocks that will have you playing the game more than once, especially since all your upgrades carry over. A very fun game that never seems to get boring, and a welcome addiction to the Metal Gear franchise. I lookAmazing graphics, tight controls and the full game with all content for a great price on the PC. The fun and action don't relent during this amazing game. There are tons of unlocks that will have you playing the game more than once, especially since all your upgrades carry over. A very fun game that never seems to get boring, and a welcome addiction to the Metal Gear franchise. I look forward to hopefully a spin off series for Revengeance, because the formula they have is a great thing going and only left me wanting more. Expand
  39. Feb 17, 2014
    najs najsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajs najsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajsnajs
  40. Feb 26, 2014
    Buy this game on the PC, forget that it is "Metalgear" in the sense that it is not a stealth game.
    Revel in the amazing visuals and slasher game play.

I am not a console person, so I cannot speak to the issues it had there, but on the PC (With a Xbox Controller) I have a blast. And it is cheap.
  41. Mar 29, 2014
    This game is impossible to beat,the final boss is so cheap and requires inhuman reflexes.the parry system sucks and the controls are unresponsive.Without doubt one of the worst games ever created.
  42. May 2, 2014
    This game is not the metal gear stealth action title you are looking for.
    it IS however, the metal gear action stealth title you're looking for.
    Metal gear rising (i'm not typing out that full name) is an inverse metal gear formula that focuses on an explosion of hardcore action that feels like a pleasing blend of devil may cry and- oh who am I kidding, IT'S JUST FUN TO PLAY! this
    This game is not the metal gear stealth action title you are looking for.
    it IS however, the metal gear action stealth title you're looking for.
    this game's greatest strength is that it revels in being this just for fun over the top hack n slash that is the trademark of platinum. you play as raiden, and you get to do things that, quite frankly, raiden has been seen going in metal gear solid 4 a lot of the time.
    if you were expecting cameos by solid snake or references to the events of past metal gear titles, i laugh at you, I laugh at you and hold my belly whilst I do so.
    the game likes to detach itself from the canon, to keep its plot seperate but connected, there are a total of one references to solid snake, none of big boss and sunny is only there because she and raiden have a history, and she's only there for a few moments before you're flying off in a superjet with a robot dog.
    i'm not even making that up.
    this game likes to make the ludicrous seem possible, or even plausible, from a cyborg brazilian samurai with a glowing red sword and a flawless trollface grin, to an indestructible US senator who spawned an internet meme with a single line before kicking your cyborg ninja character around like a football while making football league remarks, this is a game that doesn't **** around with the ridiculous-meter. but as I said, it's a blast to play, from explosions framing you in the background after many boss fights, to insane waves of enemies being chopped down in a single cut, the game's strength is its presentation and addictive "zandatsu" system, which involves you cutting enemies apart in exactly the way you direct the blade, which of course most processors have nightmares about.
    the plot is good, featuring a trial of raiden's own honor code, which is then dropped mid-game for the sake of going **** crazy and just rescuing children because that was the objective the entire time, who needs honor?
    despite this pitfall, the game is clearly a metal gear game, it feels like what metal gear would be like if it were simply an action title, it IS metal gear.
    the combat is also surprisingly deep, various I-frames or parrying frames changing between difficulty as well as a few notable adjustments to AI the harder the settings. these small details within the game speak of a well designed title that is worthy of the metal gear name.
    so if you like having a blast slashing apart hapless cyborgs for their electrical intestines, then this is the game for you you unrepentant psychopath! =)
    May 6, 2014
    The best slasher game ever. And it's the only game where you actually have a blade. In DmC and alike your "sword" doesn't really cut anyone, replaced with a pikestaff you'd hardly notice a difference. It's no perfect game: controls and camera could be better, level design could be a bit more sophisticated, if your game pad isn't xbox360 controller then probably you'll have to download anThe best slasher game ever. And it's the only game where you actually have a blade. In DmC and alike your "sword" doesn't really cut anyone, replaced with a pikestaff you'd hardly notice a difference. It's no perfect game: controls and camera could be better, level design could be a bit more sophisticated, if your game pad isn't xbox360 controller then probably you'll have to download an emulator. All those minor flaws are totally outweighed by spectacular boss fights (feels like being in control of some epic anime sword fight), deep combat system, decent story line, dynamic soundtrack, all the DLCs and low price. Expand
  44. Apr 20, 2019
    This game is over the top and amazing. Feels incredible to slice enemies and the environment into a million little pieces.
  45. Oct 14, 2014
    Just a crazy, over-the-top visual and aural orgy that somehow manages to be tight, fun and tell a story at the same time. It's as fun as it looks. It runs really well, no trouble keeping it locked at 60 fps. Like all challenging action games, you will die a lot but you learn from your mistakes each time. Biggest issue with the game is the camera can be a pain sometimes, but you get usedJust a crazy, over-the-top visual and aural orgy that somehow manages to be tight, fun and tell a story at the same time. It's as fun as it looks. It runs really well, no trouble keeping it locked at 60 fps. Like all challenging action games, you will die a lot but you learn from your mistakes each time. Biggest issue with the game is the camera can be a pain sometimes, but you get used to it. I recommend using a controller. Yo. This game is incredible, go get it. Expand
  46. Apr 21, 2015
    This is not MGS, this is Bayonetta with a Metal Gear skin; an exercise in letting the player go to town as Raiden (as we saw him in MGS4); an emphasis on swords opposed to handguns, slicing things into tiny shreds in slow motion as opposed to sucking lollipops and running on the walls (though you can do that too), some issues arise like a bad camera and some weird PC port issues; I'mThis is not MGS, this is Bayonetta with a Metal Gear skin; an exercise in letting the player go to town as Raiden (as we saw him in MGS4); an emphasis on swords opposed to handguns, slicing things into tiny shreds in slow motion as opposed to sucking lollipops and running on the walls (though you can do that too), some issues arise like a bad camera and some weird PC port issues; I'm unable to run this in 1920x1080p fullscreen, but it's a fun game all the same. Expand
  47. Dec 13, 2014
    This game is a very fun ride! I'm happy that Konami is starting to realize that Pc gamers are important. Especially in the last stages it was very challanging and stylish, i relly enjoyed it. A must for Metal Gear fans and non fans.
  48. Sep 30, 2020
    Game: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Genre: Action
    Developer: Platinum Games Publisher: Konami System: Steam (PC) Year of Release: 2014 Length of Playthrough: 20 Hours Total Score: 88/100 Value Score: 8.8/10 • Story: 9/10 • Characters: 9/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 7/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 8/10 • Player Value: 8/10 Pros
    Game: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

• Music: 8/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 8/10
    • Player Value: 8/10

Pros
    +Fast pace action game like any other Platinum game with Metal Gear series style references and aspects
    +5 Difficulty modes (Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard and Revengeance)
    +Lengthy story mode that will take at least 12-15 hours and DLC stories that will take 3-4 hours
    +VR Missions allow you to do challenges and re-do tutorial mode
    +Cutscene theater (becomes unlockable once finished with story)
    +Codec theater (allows you to listen to every interaction via COM - only unlockable once finished with story)
    +Chapter select (allows you to go back to other levels to re-do them)

Cons
    -Can get tedious due to QTEs which are mainly in boss battles
    -Character progression is locked in difficulty, unlike other action games, cannot play different difficulties with character upgrades (i.e. finishing normal mode and going to easy mode/hard mode afterwards)
    -DLC difficulty is higher than main story and with far less upgrades
    -Environment designs look generic and bland

Score wise series comparison sake
    Metal Gear Solid (PS3): 94
    Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection (PS3): 99
    Metal Gear Acid (PSP): 82
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PC): 88
  49. Jul 3, 2014
    This is simply a great game.

Difficult is just right. Your skills and gadgets are far from overpowered to make things boring. The combinations of different enemies and almost non-repeated environments also keep things quite fresh. The blade mode is sooo good. I thought I would get numb to that within a few tries, but turned out it has so many other factors and additions (spam-cutting
    This is simply a great game.

The blade mode is sooo good. I thought I would get numb to that within a few tries, but turned out it has so many other factors and additions (spam-cutting is often not the best scenario in terms of outcome) that keep it interesting, not to mention the raw psychological pleasure of grinding your enemies into pieces. Kill mode/ killing cut scenes are also creative and just plain cool.

Every boss fight is memorable. Not only did the dev think up so many different moves for each boss, but they just nailed the brief interactions between Raiden and each boss so precisely (with great lines and main character development) that evoked different emotions when fighting different boss. It tries to do the "you're not just battling, but battling with ideas" thing which is dangerous since it's beaten to death. But they still managed to pull off new and interesting ideas in the process, of which I think proudly upheld the great track record of the MGS series.

In addition, it contains a lot of Japanese elements (environments/ character persona/ humor) which sneak in as a pleasant break from the hack and slash.

Cons: Camera is sometimes bad, but not too much of a problem. The unnaturalness of blade mode lining is worse in comparison, on top of some spooky interactions between the character and terrain.
  50. Nov 15, 2019
    Definitely not a metal gear game, but it takes the universe and spins it off into it's own fun self-contained package.
  51. Jan 22, 2015
    I got this game for only 3.99 euros on Steam. One of the best spectacle fighters on PC. It has some minor issues like the sub-weapon usage is pretty awkward, but the parrying system is fantastic once you get used to it. Soundtrack really matches the style of the game, really awesome.
    Story is pretty average like in every MG game, but the main character and his motivations are well explained and if you are into it, you can delve deeper into the lore by listening to Codec conversations with your team members.
    PC porting is pretty solid, not perfect but it works and runs well. It has readjustable controls and pretty good graphics settings.
  52. Sep 5, 2017
    A fun game for those with a fetish for cutting things up with a katana no matter how impossible it seems. It doesn't have the engaging story of the average Metal Gear game, but it's got the flavor of a Metal Gear game. It's linear story is unremarkable and very few characters leave a lasting impression, but the game makes up for this with its unique sword cutting mechanic and fastA fun game for those with a fetish for cutting things up with a katana no matter how impossible it seems. It doesn't have the engaging story of the average Metal Gear game, but it's got the flavor of a Metal Gear game. It's linear story is unremarkable and very few characters leave a lasting impression, but the game makes up for this with its unique sword cutting mechanic and fast gameplay, which is very cool, especially when playing it for the first time. The best way to enjoy this is to turn your brain off, mash buttons and just let it rip. Kudos to Platinum for making a novel cyborg ninja cutting game! Expand
  53. Aug 30, 2014
    PROS: Over-the-top action, hack and slash gameplay, clean graphics, almost always 60 fps, epic boss fights, epic music during boss fights, interesting cutting mechanic in 'blade mode', cool story, plenty of cutscenes, fine 360 controller support and MSAA support.

CONS: Frame-rate limit drops by 1 fps every hour or so, until a full restart (e.g. 3 hours of play = 57 fps limit). Game ignores my chosen refresh rate (60hz) and instead uses my highest (75hz), resulting in consistent jitters (fixed via 3rd party app that forces 60hz). Mouse pointer comes in during random cutscenes. Crashed once (hardly worth mentioning). Crappy keyboard + mouse support (not really a con for me). No support above 1080p (also not my con. I use 720p).

Conclusion: It's a lot of fun and not a terrible port, optimized for the most part. I think I paid $15... no regrets. I don't get why anyone would need over 1080p. It's not like the textures will look any better on 1440p, 4K or whatever. The graphics aren't ground-breaking, and still wouldn't be if you managed to take a time-machine to 4 years ago and showed it to everyone in 2010, but that's totally okay.
  54. May 8, 2014
    Excellent game. Visuals are amazing. The audio is great, I especially loved the music. The story's not bad, but the game play is the main selling point. I actually loathe the MGS franchise, however after seeing this game's footage I had to play it. It's incredibly fun, by far the best thing about the game. My only complaints is that it's a very short game and the pacing of it is all off.
  55. Mar 3, 2014
    The PC port is one of the best I've seen, with fully customizable zangeki options and amazing graphics. The only thing that bothered me was the camera which is sometimes pulled in too close to Raiden.
  56. Jul 19, 2014
    When you're mashing away at a boss with all your might while one of the best soundtracks ever is blasting in the background...you just feel it. This game is super hype.
  57. Mar 1, 2014
    Let me get this out of the way first:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is awesome, and well worth 30 bucks. GAMEPLAY: The gameplay in MGR:R is fast-paced and highly-satisfying. The first time you cut a guy in half, your jaw will drop. Then, you'll do it a hundred more times and not be tired of it. Part of the reason for this is because of a mechanic called "blade mode" in which you can
    Let me get this out of the way first:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is awesome, and well worth 30 bucks.

GAMEPLAY: The gameplay in MGR:R is fast-paced and highly-satisfying. The first time you cut a guy in half, your jaw will drop. Then, you'll do it a hundred more times and not be tired of it. Part of the reason for this is because of a mechanic called "blade mode" in which you can slice and dice in any direction you see fit. For example, you can cut someone in half at the waist and watch their upper body slide off their lower body while their legs remain standing -- it's very reminiscent of something you might see in a Kill Bill movie or an anime.

Part of the appeal of this game is because of blade mode and the fact that enemies rarely die in the same way twice. Want to cut someone's right foot off? Go for it. Decapitation? Done. Or maybe you just want to cut off their right arm so they can't hold their gun anymore, that's fine too. As you can see, there is a lot of room for "creative killing" and it really increases the replay value of the game.

There is a lot of variety in enemy and level design and this keeps things fresh. While there are a fair bit of "quicktime event" prompts, they're not too obtrusive. In reality, these quicktime events usually involve some of the most mind-blowing moments that happen throughout the game.

GRAPHICS: Beautiful. I have no complaints here and not much to say except that they're awesome.

SOUND: The sound effects are fitting and the music helps you get into the action. If anything, I wasn't too crazy about the vocal tracks in most of the songs, but I tended to kind of phase it out after awhile and didn't notice it much.

CONTROLS: This is one area in which I have a complaint. There is some kind of negative mouse acceleration going on which can't be disabled, and it's a little annoying. Basically, it means that small, slow mouse movements don't register and this sometimes caused me to die (mainly near the end of the game when precision was required). That said, it's not THAT noticeable, and while it could certainly be better, I feel that it doesn't detract too much from the experience as a whole.

REPLAY VALUE: High. There are a ton of unlockables and things to get from playing again on higher difficulties and accomplishing certain tasks. Plus, you get scored at the end of each chapter and some people might appreciate trying to beat their previous score in a level.

STORY: It doesn't really "continue" the Metal Gear Solid storyline in any real way, but, instead, branches off on a different path to show what Raiden did after MGS4: Sons of the Patriots. In traditional MGS fasion, the story is told through several cutscenes, some of which are rather lengthy. In fact, the cutscenes of MGR:R are one of the most impressive aspects of this game to me. I was blown away by the animation, the voice acting, etc. The cutscenes seem to be mostly (or entirely) done in the in-game engine and are a joy to watch.

CONCLUSION: Overall, this is simply an awesome game which I feel has gone mostly overlooked by the gaming population. It drips with AAA quality and is fun to play -- what more do you want?
  58. Jan 1, 2015
    If you are looking for a metal gear solid experience this is the wrong place. Instead you are put in the shoes of Jack the Ripper before Metal Gear Solid 4 I believe. But it was still fun to fight bosses, take names, make a list and check it twist. The action is over the top and it is so fun. I never dropped my jaw in a action scene via video game but i was doing it over and over in thisIf you are looking for a metal gear solid experience this is the wrong place. Instead you are put in the shoes of Jack the Ripper before Metal Gear Solid 4 I believe. But it was still fun to fight bosses, take names, make a list and check it twist. The action is over the top and it is so fun. I never dropped my jaw in a action scene via video game but i was doing it over and over in this game. Could use some help with a few minor glitches but so worth the buy. Expand
  59. Jun 1, 2019
    Story: 7, Gameplay: 8.5, Graphics: 8.5. Satisfying combat but the story is... meh =))
  60. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is awesome, I don't get why some people are saying it is bad. You wont find a game like this, ever! I give a 9 because it is really short, but the gameplay is unique. Some people don't like Raiden, but I don't find it important. I liked metal gear II with Raiden´s episode too. If you played Metal Gear 4 and thought: "I want to play like Raiden", then this is that game. IncredibleThis game is awesome, I don't get why some people are saying it is bad. You wont find a game like this, ever! I give a 9 because it is really short, but the gameplay is unique. Some people don't like Raiden, but I don't find it important. I liked metal gear II with Raiden´s episode too. If you played Metal Gear 4 and thought: "I want to play like Raiden", then this is that game. Incredible moves and full of action. Expand
  61. Jul 22, 2014
    I had never heard of Platinum Games before this game was changed from MGS Rising into MGR Revengeance. I was so sad that MGS Rising got **** because it looked so cool. More action oriented stealth where you play as a cyborg ninja character! Thankfully Revengeance turned out to be an awesome game in its own right. Platinum payed a tribute to MGS with how faithful this game was to the styleI had never heard of Platinum Games before this game was changed from MGS Rising into MGR Revengeance. I was so sad that MGS Rising got **** because it looked so cool. More action oriented stealth where you play as a cyborg ninja character! Thankfully Revengeance turned out to be an awesome game in its own right. Platinum payed a tribute to MGS with how faithful this game was to the style and feel of MGS and threw in a little (a lot actually) of their own over-the-top flair. I wondered going into the game who the boss could possibly be and how could he possibly be stronger than 4 super cool evil cyborg ninjas? How? NANOMACHINES SON! Sorry I had to say it. Anyway this game also had really great music that fit the game perfectly, and Raiden's transformation from whiny self-pitying loser in MGS4 who seriously says "it even rained on the day I was born" LOL (I still liked MGS4 Raiden) into a psycho cyborg killing obsessed maniac is great. I only hope that Raiden returns one day to slay new hopefully even cooler evil cyborgs and nanomachined up war mongers. Expand
  62. Mar 20, 2014
    As the first Platinum game on PC this is a big step as well as the first Metal Gear on PC it changes the whole landscape of the PC platform now that this is out. MGS5 on PC could be the result. This game is great in general with its fast gameplay, smooth control, and looks amazing.
  63. Mar 24, 2014
    The game was very well optimized for PC..Gameplay was fluid with very little frame rate issues. Combat was very well done for a hack and slash title, exciting and never gets boring. The storyline was not so convincing but OK. Boss fights are the worst!..really..Graphics are top notch even on 768p laptops.
  64. Mar 26, 2014
    While short, this game accomplishes everything it seeks to do, and perfects it. Flawless gameplay, unique and fitting soundtrack, and a wacky yet interesting story make MGR a great grab for anyone looking for a short, but satisfying experience of cutting everything up.
  65. Apr 6, 2014
    i borrowed this game from a friend and even though I had never played any metal gear games before the story was easy to follow , I know that raiden had not been liked in games before , I liked his character in this game . the gameplay was solid and I didn't have to much trouble with the game up until the final boss ,but that's not to say the games is easy , I had a large amount of troublei borrowed this game from a friend and even though I had never played any metal gear games before the story was easy to follow , I know that raiden had not been liked in games before , I liked his character in this game . the gameplay was solid and I didn't have to much trouble with the game up until the final boss ,but that's not to say the games is easy , I had a large amount of trouble until I got the hang of the parry system , not to give any spoilers but the weapons you can unlock when you kill the bosses are crap except for the first one you get in my opinion . the camera has a few issues but nothing that was so bad I couldn't play . Expand
  66. May 12, 2014
    The soundtrack, game play, boss fights, combat system this game takes hack n' slash to a whole new level and the main character is a lot more interesting than in other games. This game needs a sequel and it has to be soon!
  67. Jun 22, 2016
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance most of the time is fun, enjoyable, exciting and awesome, even though the game maybe ruined a bit by its rather troublesome camera, short length and other minor issues.
  68. Jul 22, 2014
    This is great game, though it is clearly full of anti-american propaganda and was obviously made by crypto-communist nazis!

If you went to the university of Texas and played college ball, then this isn't the game for you. Otherwise it's pretty good. Anyway, The good: -Style is nice -Graphics are great, cinematics are wonderful -Combat is fast paced and enjoyable -Difficulty is

Anyway,

The good:
    -Style is nice
    -Graphics are great, cinematics are wonderful
    -Combat is fast paced and enjoyable
    -Difficulty is adjustable and only as challenging as you want it to be
    -Soundtrack fits with the game, expect extreme edge
    -Boss fights are interesting and enjoyable

The bad:
    -Stealth missions are poorly done
    -Very short, roughly ~5 hours of storyline
    -Too expensive given how short it is

69. Oct 11, 2014
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is one of the top games in the history of the Metal Gear franchise. Taking the control of Raiden and his brand-new cyborg body gives you a whole new series of abilities and character features. Also using the new high-frequency blades (the original and the fox blade) allows you to make some awsome moves and combo hits. It's also one of the few games in whichMetal Gear Rising: Revengeance is one of the top games in the history of the Metal Gear franchise. Taking the control of Raiden and his brand-new cyborg body gives you a whole new series of abilities and character features. Also using the new high-frequency blades (the original and the fox blade) allows you to make some awsome moves and combo hits. It's also one of the few games in which you're able to CUT YOUR WAY THROUGH-OUT the playable areas and not looking for a path to go wherever you wanna go. The only boring mission the game (in my opinion) is when you face the Metal Gear EXCELSUS (mission before the final boss). Another "negative" are the long cinematics (but you have to see them if you wanna understand the story) but you can just skip them and kick some cyborg ass !!! Last of all I'd like the gameplay to be longer because it's realy awsome but the plot is complete and you gonna enjoy it realy much. Expand
  70. Nov 3, 2014
    Obviously not your typical Metal Gear game. But it's a solid addition to the series, and Platinum Games did very well keeping true to the basic themes of the other games. The combat is fantastic (the simple yet satisfying parrying system, and the ability to chop anything to bits are both just great) , there's lots of replay value through VR missions and the customization options, as wellObviously not your typical Metal Gear game. But it's a solid addition to the series, and Platinum Games did very well keeping true to the basic themes of the other games. The combat is fantastic (the simple yet satisfying parrying system, and the ability to chop anything to bits are both just great) , there's lots of replay value through VR missions and the customization options, as well as the ranking system, and the story is good enough to keep you listening to what the characters say, even if parts of it can be a little silly. I definitely recommend this game. Expand
  71. Sep 4, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I came here to slap those negative reviews "not agile character" well yeah,he isn't agile but if you are like at stage 2 of the game,he will be..don't judge the game on the prologue and write a review here oh God that review is so hilarious for it's lack of logic.Anyway,here are the ACTUAL points of the game,and not those negative reviewers telling the game is bad without pin-pointing why is it...in short,useless statements without substance.

Pros:
    -Good action,frantic,engaging.
    -Boss fights are like you've never seen before,comparable,or even greater for some,to many famous hack and slash titles
    -Bosses are fun to fight,fun to listen to,and are poetic.
    -Bosses have personalities,substance,character build-up,so fighting them feels a lot more better due to that build-up.
    -Enemies are cut where you cut them,not just random generated gore,where your blade lands,your cut appears...even when not in blade mode,or even more so with the fox blade.
    -Optimization is good,anyone saying the PC port isn't optimized is totally fooling you around,with all the details,enemies,objects,can even be cut to hundred pieces or more with you god damned HF Blade,that's a lot of optimization right here.And when I say everything,I mean everything,from ceiling,windows,chairs,tables,anything your blade touches except well,walls of course,because that'd be an open world game if that happened.
    -Raiden's in it.
    -Because ninja.
    -Fun,no seriously if you master the combos and can combo while dodging or parrying it's so fun and engaging,especially the block mechanic..though I know why some people get put off by it,because it has a high skill-ceiling to even block something..you can block a hundred missiles coming at you in a span of 3 seconds if you can press a hundred times in that 3 seconds...especially with the battle with Monsoon blocking and dodging takes a lot of skill,not for CASUALS.
    -Casuals might have a hard time especially if their reflexes or timing is crap even at medium difficulty,and nigh impossible at hard for someone who doesn't have good reflex or timing.

Cons:
    -Not for casuals.
    -Not a stealth based game,though there are some stealth levels.
    -So many people **** how hard it is,when it isn't.It's just they haven't put much time into the learning curve.
    -If you don't have a good imagination,you might find it absurd(the story and ways of executing it).So not for someone too grounded in the real world,go play something else like real life simulator or something if a game which isn't all too real bothers you.

The only thing why I'm not giving it a 10 is the consideration for those who have sentiments on a pure stealth metal gear game.Other than that I would've gave it a 10.Also,the price...the price isn't just right,it's like you just ripped off Konami,a game like this should've been 60-100 bucks for a master hack and slasher.

GOOD DAY.
  72. Dec 5, 2014
    It's a little sad that there are a few minor flaws but there all pretty much nonexisting due to just how fun the game is. Since the price has considerable dropped from last year, you must get this game, right now. Its fun, challenging, fun to replay, and is down to its core epic.
  73. Mar 22, 2015
    Metal Gear Rising gives us an entirely new look on semi protagonist Raiden, being driven for his lust for vengeance against the antagonists of the game, Cyborg terrorists "Misstrel, Monoon, Jetsream Sam, & sundowner. All lead by a corporation seeking to take the brains of children and turning them into super soldiers, much like the torment that Raiden had to Burdon before he stoppedMetal Gear Rising gives us an entirely new look on semi protagonist Raiden, being driven for his lust for vengeance against the antagonists of the game, Cyborg terrorists "Misstrel, Monoon, Jetsream Sam, & sundowner. All lead by a corporation seeking to take the brains of children and turning them into super soldiers, much like the torment that Raiden had to Burdon before he stopped calling himself "Jack the ripper" Expand
  74. Jul 13, 2015
    Juegazo , te mantendrá a los sablazos por un buen rato, la banda sonora una pasada y gráficamente diez puntos. Ideal para los fanáticos del metal gear, se sale de la mécanica de juego clásica para variar.
  75. Jan 11, 2017
    Ahora que me he pasado todo el juego, tengo que explicar un par de cosas. Al inicio el juego parece cliché, parece mal hecho, parece absurdo, parece tener muchos fallos de todo tipo.
    A medida vas jugando te das cuenta de que muchos fallos estaban apropósito, NO ESTAMOS HABLANDO DE UN JUEGO FÁCIL.

Este juego es dificil de comprender y de jugar, por lo que solo y únicamente una vez que logras comprenderlo (a mi me tomó 6 horas) recién ahí comienzas a aprender a jugar y a mejorar. Primero te parecerá una jugabilidad patética y estúpida, exagerada... Una vez comprendas el por que de todo, te darás cuenta de todo lo que hacias mal (como me pasó a mi, que incluso a inicio en steam le puse "no recomendado" y ahora hace poco modifiqué mi comentario y puse "Recomendado").

Estamos ante un gran juego con 1 SOLO FALLO IRREFUTABLE... Y este fallo es la cámara. Dios... La cámara de mierda aveces se va para donde quiere y otras tantas no mueve cuando se lo indica con el movimiento de cámara. Este error me ha hecho morir varias veces, pero por suerte no es tan recurrente... He muerto más por fallos de mi habilidad que por la cámara.

Recomiendo este juego!. No es perfecto, es dificil comprenderlo y aprender a jugarlo... Pero una vez que lo consigues, te das cuenta de lo espectacular que es en su jugabilidad.
  76. Jun 17, 2018
    В игре много классных саундтреков, из-за которых не хочется останавливаться играть.
  77. Feb 16, 2017
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a great action game made by Platinum Games.

Pros: + The gameplay is fun and fast paced. + It is a pleasure to parry and counter your opponents, slashing them to oblivion! + MGS character design. + That final boss fight!! + Various characters: Raiden, Jet Stream, and Blade Wolf. Cons: - Short game. - More creative situations would have been a
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a great action game made by Platinum Games.

Pros:
    + The gameplay is fun and fast paced.
    + MGS character design.
    + That final boss fight!!
    + Various characters: Raiden, Jet Stream, and Blade Wolf.

Cons:
    - Short game.
    - More creative situations would have been a great plus.
    - More boss fights!!

Verdict: B+
  78. Jul 3, 2018
    Como siempre Platinum Games destacándose con su gran jugabilidad y banda sonora, y este no es la excepción.
  79. Aug 28, 2017
    Platinum Games in questa tipologia di gioco non delude mai , spin-off con uno dei personaggi più epici di sempre , cyborg Raiden ... Tutti abbiamo sognato di poter giocare con questo personaggio dotato di una forza mostruosa ... Il gameplay è eccellente , storia carina e grafica ottima
  80. Nov 29, 2019
    Awesome and badass. Characters are great and the graphics still hold up very nicely imo. AND ITS 5 EURO ON STEAM RN GETIIT. Even me a non hack n slash fan find this game so satisfying
  81. Apr 5, 2018
    besides the short campaign and a very few bugs here and there the game is superb !!!! i love it in any form this is one of my favorite games of all time !!! if you want to get in to the metal gear franchise or you already love the series or not any how this is a must buy ! fantastic fast paste hack and slash and stealth combination in it ! to bad though that kojima and platinum games wontbesides the short campaign and a very few bugs here and there the game is superb !!!! i love it in any form this is one of my favorite games of all time !!! if you want to get in to the metal gear franchise or you already love the series or not any how this is a must buy ! fantastic fast paste hack and slash and stealth combination in it ! to bad though that kojima and platinum games wont make a squeal :(... Expand
  82. Jun 6, 2020
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance – сюжетное ответвление от оригинальной вселенной признанного гения Хидэо Кодзимы. Игра в жанре слэшер, в отличие от остальных проектов Metal Gear. Сюжет посвящен истории кибер-ниндзе Райдену – протагонисту второй части.Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance – сюжетное ответвление от оригинальной вселенной признанного гения Хидэо Кодзимы. Игра в жанре слэшер, в отличие от остальных проектов Metal Gear. Сюжет посвящен истории кибер-ниндзе Райдену – протагонисту второй части.
  83. Jul 11, 2020
    A-
    Story is fine.
    Gameplay is not fun when it comes to normal enemies but boss fights are amazing.
  84. Nov 9, 2019
    Игра в принципе мне понравилась, но чтобы поставить оценку корректно будет сравнить её с главным конкурентом по жанру в год выхода - Dmc от Ninja Theory. Итак, приступим к сравнению по пунктам:

- Мобы. Мобы-люди откровенно хуже рядовых мобов из Dmc, их мало и убиваются они слишком быстро, в таком случае я не успевал войти в раж, как это происходит со мной в серии Devil may cry например. где сложность и количество мобов к слову всегда поддерживается на таком уровне, что ты просто входишь в этот адреналиновый коридор, и забываешь про всё на свете. Здесь этого нет, более того, иногда даже приходилось скучать, и фишка с шинковкой врагов на фарш хоть и крута, но не спасает положение. Также есть мобы-роботы, с ними ситуация получше, но опять же, баланс плох, либо их мало, и интереса в боях с ними никакого нет, либо слишком много, что принуждает к стелсу, так как открытое противостояние равносильно смерти.

Боссы. По этому пункту опять же Dmc предпочтительнее, там их больше, и что самое главное бои с ними интереснее. В метал гир райзинг действительно круты только Monsoon, который заставил попотеть и потраить, и финальный файт. Остальные боссы мало того, что лёгкие, так и ничего интересного в плане механик в боях с ними и стадий, то есть изменений их состояний по ходу боя, больше не было. И это очень мало, для слэшера с такой продолжительностью.

- Сюжет. Этот компонент конечно в слэшерах не главное, но в данном случае он не затянул ни на минуту. Это банальная история про амбициозных людей, стемящихся к власти и я был бы только рад, если бы диалогов и кат-сцен было меньше. Их количество превышало все разумные нормы для данного жанра и здорово портило динамику. Но раз кодзима учавствовал в разработке, то по другому наверно быть и не могло.

- Дизайн локаций, графика. Здесь всё очень плохо, по графике это как-будто 2009 год. По дизайну локаций, сплошная серость и одинаковые улочки, закончил игру буквально час назад, а памяти даже зацепиться не за что, когда речь идёт о интересных локациях и красивых визуальных решениях.

- Механика боёв, их зрелищность. Здесь игра выступает достойно, есть различные комбо, есть интересная механика, базирующаяся на травмировании тел врагов и последующей расчленёнке.

Итог: METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE - крутой слэшер с потрясающей механикой боёв, которому не хватает интенсивности геймплея и красоты, а также разнообразия локаций. То есть, это такой F.E.A.R. от мира слэшеров, тому тоже не хватало интенсивности экшна, из-за регулярных хоррор-эпизодов, и интересных решений в гейм-дизайне - вся игра была сплошным серым коридором. В основе этих двух игр заложена потрясающая механика, которая страдает от неудачных решений гейм-дизайна. Хотел поставить 7, но финальный босс файт дал жару, поэтому...

8 из 10.
  85. Aug 10, 2019
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
  86. Jul 6, 2020
    What I liked
    The gameplay - if you played any Platinum game you know what I'm talking about. Its fast,
    responsive and just fun overall OST - The OST is pretty damn good, one of the best I've ever listened to in a game Story - Its.. well dumb, but in a good way. I liked it Bossfights - Bossfights are very well done, I've enjoyed every one of them The DLCs - There were 2 free DLCs
    What I liked
    responsive and just fun overall
    Story - Its.. well dumb, but in a good way. I liked it
    Bossfights - Bossfights are very well done, I've enjoyed every one of them
    The DLCs - There were 2 free DLCs where you play as different characters, its short but they
    are free, so no problem with that
    The meme material - NANOMACHINES, SON

What I didn't like
    The camera - It's fixed to your back, so when you try to look up it's quite difficult to do so.
    The lock-on system - It doesn't work well, it moves your camera to weird angles where it's hard
    to see the enemy.

Bugs - I've encountered one. In a boss fight, you have to cut through stuff the boss throws at
    you 4 times in a row. On the last one, Raiden turned his back on the boss making it
    hard to cut through it.

9/10 - Give me a sequel or atleast a remaster god damnit
  87. Feb 12, 2020
    If you love hack n slash game this game is really good and might be up there with devil may cry. Still has some problems but the boos fights and their characters are amazing apart from the main villain.
  88. Feb 28, 2020
    Actually, one of the best game i have ever played. Almost all game design elements strive for perfectness. Characters, soundtracks, fightings, weapons, level design. But there is a small porblem - parrying. Its quite difficult to understand at first time how to do such stuff, but when you have realized how to implement it, it will be an easy and satisfying game for you.
  89. May 28, 2020
    Great game, the graphics are aging well and the gameplay was ahead of its time. There's no problem if you don't understand the story, its Metal Gear and Kojima we're talking about.
  90. Jun 26, 2020
    well,the graphics are awesome and the game is extremely well optimized for more modest pc's,combat is really good (when you don't have to fight the camera instead),but there are some flaws,like the camera that feels like it has its own will,sometimes it locks on random characters and sometimes it doesnt lock at all,the enemies can sometimes be extremely annoying to the point you getwell,the graphics are awesome and the game is extremely well optimized for more modest pc's,combat is really good (when you don't have to fight the camera instead),but there are some flaws,like the camera that feels like it has its own will,sometimes it locks on random characters and sometimes it doesnt lock at all,the enemies can sometimes be extremely annoying to the point you get cornered and can't get out BECAUSE THE ENEMIES WONT LET YOU MOVE,the quick time events feel scripted,because sometimes they work really well,but most of the time you press wasd like a damn fiddle and it doesn't do **** on those ''gorilla like robots'' where 80% of their attacks are QTE,overrall cool game,camera is **** is satisfying (almost),and cool suits (MEXICAN RAIDEN HELL YEAH) Expand
  91. Jun 21, 2020
    This game is incredible

Great fights great moves great story and great soundtrack
  92. Jul 8, 2020
    Заебумба, но управление нарезкой врагов для клавамыши плохо сделано.
    )Ааааааа, все теперь могу запостить(
  93. Jul 12, 2020
    Awesome game with awesome soundtrack, dmc like gameplay, graphics for 2013 year. i love this game.
  94. Aug 25, 2020
    Awesome game, graphics and soundtrack. The story is great too. This is the first metal gear that I have played and I loved it!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 27 Critic Reviews

1. Pelit (Finland)
    May 11, 2014
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is great looking, great playing action explosion, and the PC version is the best version. [Feb 2014]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 7, 2014
    Raiden reaps what the action filled gameplay sows and if it wasn't for the clunky camera and lackluster plot, there would be nothing to complain about. [Issue #239]
  3. CD-Action
    Mar 5, 2014
    It might be unpolished, but it still is a gem among slashers, especially on a platform that lacks this kind of game. [03/2014, p.72]