8.6

1. May 21, 2013
    I think it's really unfair people are giving this game 0 raiting. I must state it is a very well made and super fun to play. I played Metro 2033 throughout also played every Stalker game. So this is a very good new edition and i absolutely recommend it. Didn't come across any crippling bugs in my playthrough's but i did think Ranger Hardcore was a tad too easy for my liking aside fromI think it's really unfair people are giving this game 0 raiting. I must state it is a very well made and super fun to play. I played Metro 2033 throughout also played every Stalker game. So this is a very good new edition and i absolutely recommend it. Didn't come across any crippling bugs in my playthrough's but i did think Ranger Hardcore was a tad too easy for my liking aside from that solid game Expand
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    After my review of Bioshock Infinite and my references to Metro Last Light I now decided to put a Last Light review in too.

Story: based on Dimitri Glukowski's book Metro 2033, Metro Last Light is meant as the 2nd Part of the already known Metro 2033 Game. After Artjom has killed all dark ones in Metro 2033 he is now send out to find the last survivor and get in contact with him to

Story:

based on Dimitri Glukowski's book Metro 2033, Metro Last Light is meant as the 2nd Part of the already known Metro 2033 Game. After Artjom has killed all dark ones in Metro 2033 he is now send out to find the last survivor and get in contact with him to find out more about the dark ones and then has to kill him.
    But as usual not everything works as expected and so he gets into real trouble again with the faschists and communists. But enough of the Story itself.
    So from the kind of telling the story, Metro Last Light has a Half Life stile storytelling. So every person interacts with you and tells you whats going on, but you never reply to them ingame thats what I would see as the biggest issue in the game, because the story looses atmosphere through it. Only in the loading screens Artjom talks about whats happening.

Audio:

The audio is a bit of a two sided swort. There will be people complaining by the russian accent but others would say this is a necessary part of the game. I belong to the second ones, so for me this is not a point where Last Light looses score. But as I already told in story part, you protagonist never talks. Thats sad. Except of this, for a story telling shooter alle the weapon sounds and the environment sounds a really great an atmospheric.

Gameplay:

So gameplay I liked the very most. Is it changing your filters for your gas mask, or wiping the dirt out of you view until pumping up the electricity for your flashlight/nightvision this all fits so much into gameplay and is from my side the most ignored feature in most scores. So whenever the action began to start these elements made it a fight for survival which really kept me having fun on it.

Graphics:

Well the most pro argument why Metro is at least at the same meta score as Bioshock Infinite for me.
    I know most people would now say, yes but the Graphics are not everything. Thats right, but in a FPS Graphics are mainly the focus and not the story! So from the awesome lightning, detailed textures (espacially in the outdoor regions) and awesome animations of the characters this game is really one of the best looking games that you can play at this time. So especially for the PC version that is coming pretty close to Battlefields actual Frostbite engine!

Verdict:

So for me this is also a must play title. It also tells parts of the book Metro 2033 new and changes the story that far, that Metro 2035 will be based on the events in Last Light.
    The game is not too short, it took me about 15 hours I guess and I really enjoyed the twists and the awesome looking graphics.
  3. May 14, 2013
    Ok, so here's how you play it. Have a good rest, eat well, buy the game and shut yourself in a dark room with your gaming rig and some extra food. You can easily lose yourself there playing Metro, and you might as well lose your friends and relatives for that period of time... And thats okay it is the experience we've been waiting for since 2033 and the sequel is definitely worth it.
  4. May 17, 2013
    This game is so good I had to register to review it. This is such a refreshing addition to the FPS which has been dying under plot-less and pointless "Call-to-medal-of-battle-honour" games that have been churning out.
    This game gives so much in atmosphere, story and mood. After witnessing this world, the action is a nice addition and made all the better by the sense of purpose that the game gives. If you're bored by the homogenised, factory line FPSs that have been spamming the past few years this game is for you
  5. May 21, 2013
    The game is in some ways better than the previous metro 2033, on the other side some new features should be done differently.

Good things: - More types of monsters - the metro feels more alive, more is happening there. - New way yo take down human enemies, by knocking them unconscious. - Stealth system has improved, enemies must individually see you to know your location. and you

Good things:
    - More types of monsters
    - the metro feels more alive, more is happening there.
    - New way yo take down human enemies, by knocking them unconscious.
    and you will have a moment of doubt if you walk into light, if you get out of the light quickly the guards
    will doubt they saw you.

The less good:
    - The human enemy knockdown is too powerfull, it works on all medium armored humans.
    Will not work on heavy armored humans. It works both when you ar undetected as when you are
    detected. You can run towards the enemy and knock them unconscious. Just too powerful. Needs
    tweaking here.
    - Stealth needs tweaking too, enemies won't see you when you are right in front them. And you walks
    always 100% silent, that's not realistic. I miss the glass on the ground which made stealth a challenge
    in Metro 2033. In last light you can walk around without much problems, it lacks challenge.
    - In normal difficulty the throw knifes do not reflect of armor pieces, which did happen in Metro 2033.
    That's a shame really, that made it more realistic.

Overall I must say I enjoyed it. It's worth the 8. With some good tweaks it can be higher!
  6. May 14, 2013
    Thanks to the developers 4A Games and Dmitry Gluhovsky for the created world Metro 2033. Game Metro: Last Light is a gaming masterpiece!
    - This Slavic apocalypse
    - unique and unforgettable atmosphere postyader - gorgeous sound, excellent graphic level - lethal shooting - good optimization I have not experienced such an orgasm since the Stalker. Bravo 4A Games! I play on my
    - This Slavic apocalypse
    - unique and unforgettable atmosphere postyader
    - gorgeous sound, excellent graphic level
    - lethal shooting
    - good optimization

I have not experienced such an orgasm since the Stalker. Bravo 4A Games!

I play on my computer weak: Windows 7/32bit /Intel® Core™2 Quad/Q8400@2.66GHz, 3GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 220 GT 1GB.
  7. May 14, 2013
    In the post release wake of BioShock:Inf, I was expecting something way different and much worse from Metro: Last Light.

I got something very similar (not thematically, but mechanically) and just as good! Highly engaging shooter with appropriately timed cut-scenes to add some spice and character. Deep, engaging story based on the novel Metro 2033. Great weapon customization and

Highly engaging shooter with appropriately timed cut-scenes to add some spice and character. Deep, engaging story based on the novel Metro 2033. Great weapon customization and shooting with thrilling elements in a gritty, post-apocalyptic world. Great juxtaposition (had to use that word) of stealth and full-auto FPS. Highly recommended!
  8. May 16, 2013
    All I want from a game is a decent, mature story that I can interact and immerse myself in. The Metro series is by far one of the best games out there for this. I can spend hours just wandering around the stations listening to the conversations and getting a feel for life in the metro. This is not a generic first person shooter, this is the real deal. Style and substance.

If you're

If you're still reading this and not downloading it on steam, then you know what to do.
  9. BMF
    May 16, 2013
    This game is up there with Half Life 2, I don't really need to say more but I will. Metro Last Light is an extremely well realised world everything feels like a living breathing environment full of things to discover and people to meet. The graphics are top notch and killing both humans and creatures feels excellent and is very brutal. I recommend this game to anyone who fancies themselvesThis game is up there with Half Life 2, I don't really need to say more but I will. Metro Last Light is an extremely well realised world everything feels like a living breathing environment full of things to discover and people to meet. The graphics are top notch and killing both humans and creatures feels excellent and is very brutal. I recommend this game to anyone who fancies themselves gamers but even none gamers would be able to enjoy the great story and atmosphere. Expand
  10. May 14, 2013
    Awsome new dificulties and i like you can finish the game in stealh mode or can just kill anything you see.
    Great story,and i hope will be and sequel.
    Just one word:
    Awesome
  11. Ano
    May 14, 2013
    This whole "Ranger Mode" debacle aside, my experience with this game so far has been extremely good, and thats coming from playing 3 hours of 2033 and stopping because of how boring the combat was.

If you are on the fence about buying this, the game itself is fantastic, graphically its on par with Crysis 3 easily, especially the lighting. The sound quality is fantastic, and the

The sound quality is fantastic, and the atmosphere conveyed using the sound, especially around the various creatures in the game, has been nothing but a pleasure to the ears; though when in towns its hard to hear anyone talking to you about the plot line or otherwise with so much background noise, which is my main gripe with the game, but with subtitles its somewhat forgivable (don't expect great English voice acting).

By far the biggest improvement is the gun play, which has come leaps and bounds from 2033. The guns all have weight, and seem very fun, smooth and yet clunky all at the same time, which is good by and for the setting of the game and what weapons are available to you. I still wish monsters showed more impact when shot with a double barrel shotgun, or anything else for that matter, but overall its a massive step up, and I would argue the shooting to easily contend with the top shooters of todays video games.

The single best part of the game though is the atmosphere where I can gladly say they have nailed, down to every last detail. Its gritty, unnerving and wholly a joy and terror to explore the underground tunnels and its especially a treat to break the ground level onto the surface. I don't want to spoil anything more about this aspect of the game, but I would consider this game buy worthy just for the emotions it stirs in ones playing it.

I have not beaten the game, I'm merely putting my two sense in so that people whom have yet to play it have some base lane outside of game review websites. If you are wanting to buy the game, awesome, its well worth it and a massive step up from Metro:2033, it can also easily appeal to people whom maybe did not want or like the first game in the series. But if you are having hesitations, it may be worth renting or borrowing later down the road to test the waters. Also, I highly disagree with this whole "range mode" DCL, its simply another way to cheat gamers, and I will not be buying the upgrade.
  12. May 14, 2013
    Found this to be a very well made sequel to a fantastic survival horror franchise. The graphics, atmosphere, sound quality and level of polish really did it justice. Being able to slit enemy throats, I found especially pleasing considering the lack of in the first game. Gun-play is spot on and quite a bit smoother in comparison to the first game. Optimization was leaps and boundsFound this to be a very well made sequel to a fantastic survival horror franchise. The graphics, atmosphere, sound quality and level of polish really did it justice. Being able to slit enemy throats, I found especially pleasing considering the lack of in the first game. Gun-play is spot on and quite a bit smoother in comparison to the first game. Optimization was leaps and bounds better, considering getting the first game to run at acceptable frame-rates was very difficult even on a high end machine. On a side note who gives a wet turd about multiplayer when we finally get a survival horroresque game that did not turn into resident evil 6 Expand
  13. May 14, 2013
    Game is awesome. I am nearly towards the end and have found it to be substantially better than the first game. Fight mechanics and game-play have been greatly improved. This is one of the most immersive games I've played since....well, since Metro 2033. The musical score is great and adds to the overall experience. Enemies are more varied this time around, and so are the weapons. I seeGame is awesome. I am nearly towards the end and have found it to be substantially better than the first game. Fight mechanics and game-play have been greatly improved. This is one of the most immersive games I've played since....well, since Metro 2033. The musical score is great and adds to the overall experience. Enemies are more varied this time around, and so are the weapons. I see there are a lot of trolls around commenting in here who haven't even played the game and giving it a zero score, so I will give this a 10 to bring it back up. This is truly a great game. Expand
  14. May 18, 2013
    Metro Last Light is one of the best looking games in 2013 to date. It's combat is great even along with it's stealth combat. Atmosphere is amazing and makes you feel how tough living in this world really is, it shows how the last of humanity is holding up. It's just a dark world that grips you in. Story is very well told with a very well made intro to get you starting in and with anMetro Last Light is one of the best looking games in 2013 to date. It's combat is great even along with it's stealth combat. Atmosphere is amazing and makes you feel how tough living in this world really is, it shows how the last of humanity is holding up. It's just a dark world that grips you in. Story is very well told with a very well made intro to get you starting in and with an amazing ending to make you just go "wow". You will care for characters, and others. Helping others has it's own reward. Just remember that Karma is a The setting of last light is also fresh and new. Like, what other game lets you play in a post apocalyptic Moscow metro? None. This game delivers that and does it extremely well. Though Last Light has it's problems such as its really linear story, AI Stealth detection is a bit forgiving and off but not enough to ruin it for you. There are also technical difficulties that the developers can fix. And my biggest problem with the game is that its main characters voice does not use it in game but only in loading screens. I think if they put his voice in game, then dialogue would sound allot less awkward and better. Narrative would become amazing. Over all this game is a must own for any one looking into a well driven story, especially if your a metro fan. Expand
  15. May 14, 2013
    The game is absolutely amazing, a true work of art i loved the first one and this one is even better. It's all i was hoping for and even more. There are not too many memorable atmospheric games for me and the metro games are with the others at the top of my list, sure there still are some flaws, FOV settings would have been nice, voice acting isn't incredible, gun sounds haven't improvedThe game is absolutely amazing, a true work of art i loved the first one and this one is even better. It's all i was hoping for and even more. There are not too many memorable atmospheric games for me and the metro games are with the others at the top of my list, sure there still are some flaws, FOV settings would have been nice, voice acting isn't incredible, gun sounds haven't improved much etc... but this game is so damn satisfying it still gets a 10 from me.

The game is 100% smooth for me GTX670 maxed out without SSAA
  16. May 14, 2013
    Playing it in every possible way myself, watching it being played by others on youtube, reading news, reviews and comments and still want more of it. 10 10 10
  17. May 14, 2013
    Awesome game
    I like customization option.
    Interesting story.
    Love stealth mode.
    I like Drak Ones and Artyom's ability.
    I hope will be an sequel,this story deserve this.
  18. May 14, 2013
    I am loving this game so far. The graphics are absolutely stunning. The only thing that bugs me is that they incorporated SSA. Which is a really taxing antialiasing that isn't necessary; msaa would of sufficed. The reason i'm giving this a 9, is the story can be rather cheesy sometimes.
  19. May 14, 2013
    What makes my review worthy? Oh some very simple facts: I am Russain, I speak Russian, I read Russian, I played Metro 2033 and i am reading the book atm. This game is 10/10, at first i was bit uneasy with some of the new facial models but that is just because of an updated engine. The ability to customize my weapons actually made the bastard, well...less bastardy. All in all, this game didWhat makes my review worthy? Oh some very simple facts: I am Russain, I speak Russian, I read Russian, I played Metro 2033 and i am reading the book atm. This game is 10/10, at first i was bit uneasy with some of the new facial models but that is just because of an updated engine. The ability to customize my weapons actually made the bastard, well...less bastardy. All in all, this game did not disappoint me one bit, well worth the preorder. Idk why some "professional" reviewers gave it like a 70. AI is fine, sure could use some work, but still fine and seems to act fairly intelligent. 10/10 Buy it, play it, embrace the metro! Expand
  20. May 14, 2013
    It's really the best-looking game I've ever seen! It has everything that is needed to linear shooter atmosphere, story, gunfight or stealthy gameplay, awesome graphics... All you need is just sit back and let this game dip you in its world and you will have the most entertaining, creepy and honestly post-apocalyptic journey you can ever find
  21. May 14, 2013
    Atmospheric, personal, and vastly superior to its predecessor. Last Light is everything I could've hoped for. The new companion characters have real personalities, and are strong in a fight. Everything seems more polished and interesting, and the storyline really drives you to play through the whole game.
  22. May 14, 2013
    A really outstanding peace of work.. It's just like old 2033 all over again, just different missions and routes/locations a bit.. I need to give this 10/10 apocalyptic types are my most best 100% Keep it up!
  23. May 14, 2013
    A HUGE improvement over Metro 2033 back in 2010. Almost all of the negative aspects of that game have been fixed here. Mainly the stealth and shooting mechanics. Superb atmosphere that immerses you completely, with tons of creepy noises and stunning sights. The shooting actually feels great now and can compete with the best FPS's out there. The story is also interesting. DO NOT listen toA HUGE improvement over Metro 2033 back in 2010. Almost all of the negative aspects of that game have been fixed here. Mainly the stealth and shooting mechanics. Superb atmosphere that immerses you completely, with tons of creepy noises and stunning sights. The shooting actually feels great now and can compete with the best FPS's out there. The story is also interesting. DO NOT listen to the people that rate it 1's 2's and 3's etc bashing the game. They are talking complete nonsense. Most of these negative reviews will no doubt come from the "angryjoe ranger mode DLC debacle" band wagon jumpers. That is not a reason to bash the game, at all, end of. The publishers are to blame. Expand
  24. May 14, 2013
    My respect for Ukrainian developers. The game is incredible! The game is very high quality and incredibly atmospheric. such a complete immersion in the game I have not had. I love it!
  25. May 14, 2013
    As someone who played metro 2033, this game lives up to good expectations. The stealth system is definitely workable. As you sneak along you can unscrew light bulbs on the way. Makes for a fun, easier and very much playable game
  26. May 15, 2013
    rail-shooter, but due to the story (which is the best in this game) understandably so.
    what I find funny is this: many people give this game a low rating, BECAUSE there are NO open-world elements at_all, but... said people gave Bioshock Infinite high ratings and praised it although that game is as_much a shooter on rails, as is this one!
    the game is mediocre at best and it is

the game is mediocre at best and it is saddening because it could havbe been a great linear shooter, if it weren't for all those bugs, the bad AI and too many little things.

I really loved the first Metro 2033 this one just isn't as good... or I am not as forgiving as I have been before.
  27. Jun 6, 2013
    I find this game really linear, repetitive and borring. Story and climate its not enough to make it good and enjoyable experience. Its more like controlable movie with crap fighting interludes, than real fps game.
    STALKER series and Fallout series are far better than this.
  28. May 19, 2013
    I'm not sure what I hated worse, the game or the phony positive reviews! Honestly, if you read the reviews that are poor, they say the same thing. Rail-shooter, bad acting, bad story. Like there's always another actor with you all the time talking and telling you what to do incessantly... And there's 29 of 30 people who disagree? You feel like Deep Silver hired a bunch of guys to skewI'm not sure what I hated worse, the game or the phony positive reviews! Honestly, if you read the reviews that are poor, they say the same thing. Rail-shooter, bad acting, bad story. Like there's always another actor with you all the time talking and telling you what to do incessantly... And there's 29 of 30 people who disagree? You feel like Deep Silver hired a bunch of guys to skew the scores. Dirty business. Watch out on this one. If you still want to see for yourself, wait for the $20 sale. (It won't be long.) Expand
  29. May 15, 2013
    Talk about hand holding.... Artyom, pull the lever, Artyom shine your flash light, Artyom climb up the ladder, Arytom follow me. The game so "railroad track linear" anyway, you couldn't go anywhere else if you wanted to. Take notice of all the high user reviews. 90% of them have no review history. They just popped on the grid like Metro was the first game they ever played. CanTalk about hand holding.... Artyom, pull the lever, Artyom shine your flash light, Artyom climb up the ladder, Arytom follow me. The game so "railroad track linear" anyway, you couldn't go anywhere else if you wanted to. Take notice of all the high user reviews. 90% of them have no review history. They just popped on the grid like Metro was the first game they ever played. Can someone say "suspicious"? The graphics feel like the first Metro. They were cool then, but when you take a close look at the detail, it's so dated. The hallways have that computer precision geometry. The sound needs so much work.
    The atmospheric plays in the background, but the rusty elevator I'm riding is completely silent. Details details. Is it a game changer? Maybe maybe not, but as the little things start to accumulate, you realize how much you appreciate a game that has polish. Like the voice acting. It is bad bad. It sounds like the actors are reading directly from the script into the microphone. It's almost painful to listen to. Like when the lower ranking officer gets his dialog cut off by the higher ranking officer. You know, like when you're cut off mid-sentence? Except the low ranking guy just reads his script to the cut off point and there's a pause BEFORE he get's cut off? Little things. I like an immersive experience and what caught my eye about this game was all the reviews that say what a great feel this game has. It might, but the devil is in the details, and this game misses in some very pronounced ways. At least do yourself the smallest favor. Don't spend that fifty bucks because you may feel like I do. Paying top dollar is for games that live up to the score, and the scores on this game have been dubiously amped. It's not quite a money grab, but it sure leans that way.
  30. May 15, 2013
    This is barely a game, more than anything it is an interactive movie and I feel sorry for anyone the pre-ordered it. On top of that your hand is held throughout most of the game and whatever npc that is guiding you around won't shut up. No open world elements so go into this knowing that it is a 100% linear shooter, you have one path to go down and that is it. Very disappointing
  31. Dec 8, 2013
    I was not sure how good Metro Last Light is gonna be but believe me I am not disappointed! This is great game, I would say class of Half Life but with better graphics. MLL is really dark and can be quite scary but not in that fake way like Dead Space series. This game will make you feel like being hunted enemies are strong, fast and love to jump on your back. If you are fan of post-apoI was not sure how good Metro Last Light is gonna be but believe me I am not disappointed! This is great game, I would say class of Half Life but with better graphics. MLL is really dark and can be quite scary but not in that fake way like Dead Space series. This game will make you feel like being hunted enemies are strong, fast and love to jump on your back. If you are fan of post-apo and FPS games, this one is for you! Expand
  32. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is the greatest game I have played since Half Life 2. The story line really makes you feel for the main character, you'll find yourself sitting and listening to what people around you are saying, regardless if it's a cutscene or not. The cutscenes are all really informative and add to the story. Tons of depth, fantastic gameplay, and excellent combat. 10/10 and really wish I hadThis game is the greatest game I have played since Half Life 2. The story line really makes you feel for the main character, you'll find yourself sitting and listening to what people around you are saying, regardless if it's a cutscene or not. The cutscenes are all really informative and add to the story. Tons of depth, fantastic gameplay, and excellent combat. 10/10 and really wish I had bought this game sooner. To enhance the game's experience, play this at night and be sure to turn the brightness down in the game. Play the game on the hardest mode possible, even on regular difficulty the ammo is too abundant and you could easily play through the entire game guns blazing. Expand
  33. May 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not a fan of writing long paragraph reviews so here goes my list. Also SPOILERS!
    Pros:
    - The gameplay has vastly improved. When I first played Metro 2033 the controls felt fine. But after playing Last Light I went back to 2033 and it felt clunky. In Last Light everything feels more fluid and natural.
    - The Dark One child is awesome! Now this is what Elizabeth in BioShock Infinite should have been like. Elizabeth was basically a walking ammo/health dispenser and she served no real purpose story wise. But the Dark One child was written into the game well. At one point in the game the child accompanies you, and while he jumps around he talks to you, explaining back story and creating a character for himself. You actually start to get attached to him and his cute human clothes. He does find useful items on occasion, but it doesn't feel like he's a dispenser.
    - The levels are better. Unlike in 2033, there are a lot more levels with human enemies. This isn't for everyone, but the stealth missions are always my favorite so this is a pro for me.

Cons:
    - Linear! You go from A to B in each level and there's only one way to get there. Sure there are some extra buildings or corridors to explore but they only lead to a dead end and some loot.
    - The companions are annoying (except for the Dark One child)! There's always an NPC to guide you and harass you with what to do. Hearing "Artyom, climb the ladder!" a dozen times gets tiring when I'm trying to explore the extra rooms.

It's not a perfect game, but it's definitely an improvement over 2033. All the negative reviews I read are too nit-picky. Being linear and having on and off voice acting does not make this game bad, and does not credit a 0 score.
  34. May 20, 2013
    Back when Metro 2033 came out was hesitant on getting it since I heard good things about it, but did not see much in the way of hype. I decided to buy it anyway and was not disappointed, it became one of my most favorite games that I ever played. Then comes Last Light. Last Light improves on almost everything that 2033 had issues with, from the gameplay to the AI.

Last Light starts off

Last Light starts off a year after 2033 and expands on the story of 2033. You are Artyom and you have a mission to find the last remaining "Dark One" a race of creatures that were believed to be evil on the first game. I am not going to go any further into the story than so people can play the first game and be surprised of the out come. The story of Last Light is well told, which is a very good thing since Last Light is a story driven FPS. You a should play 2033 first before trying this game to understand fully what is going on. The story starts out slow, but picks up in its emotion and intensity through out. It will have you craving for more. Voice acting is sufficant, it is not bad yet not great, but even with the voice acting being the way it is you still care for certain characters and loath others. If you are looking for an FPS with story focus Last Light could be a good choice.

Gameplay is another aspect of the game that has been enhanced. AI on the first game was hit or miss. Sometimes the enemies would be as dumb as rocks and other times they could spot you through a wall. This time around though the AI is actually smart. Taking guys out silently will not have them running at you, they actually try to search for the source of the noise. If you are in a dark enough area crouched, they will not see you. The handling of the guns feels so much smoother, it is up there with the AAA shooters that are dominating the market. Stealth is a big part of Last Light, the enhanced gameplay helps with this aspect as well. When going into a room with a bunch of men. You can sneak around and unscrew the light bulbs so it will be harder for enemies to find you. And if you are lucky enough there might be a fuse box to turn off making it completely dark and might even lure an enemy over for an easy kill, that is out of the way. You can even make it through the game with out even killing a single human. Even when combat becomes hectic the fluid gunplay holds up and makes for a great and challenging time. Humans are not the only enemies on the game, there are monsters as well, who are mostly fought upclose and personal with no stealth. Although there are parts where you can sneek past the creatures to conserve ammo, which brings me up to another aspect of the game, the ammo. Instead of running and gunning you should take your time and plan your tactics out, ammo is a scarcity. Every bullet you pick up bring ease to the fights. Another way ammo is used is for money, yes money. There is a special military grade bullet that is used as currency. This ammo is even more rare and is also a lot more powerful, taking enemies down much quicker, but I recommend not doing that to often, since the ammo is good to buy other items such as filters. When going up to the surface from the Metro you have to put on a gas mask that is limited of oxygen. To continue being able to breath you need to find filters, which are rare as well and are a relief when found. With the enhanced and refind gameplay Last Light is turning out to be one of the greatest games of this year.

For anyone who has played 2033 you will know that graphics and detail are big part of Metro as well. LL does not disappoint, it is one of the best looking games of this years especially on PC. The detail in the world is beautiful, in a depressing way. The would is full of life(and death) from stations with many people to interact with the game just looks great. Not a single corner is left unthought of.

So in all if you are looking forward to an FPS that is different than other shooters that is story driven, then this game is for you. Probably the closet game I can compare LL to is Half-Life. You will feel emotion in its story and feel for the characters in a world full of life and death. Metro LL is not for everyone though, some might be turned off by the slower more emotional pace of the gameplay and story and may not like that the game is harder than most shooters out there, but if you can get past that be prepared to get blown away.
  35. May 22, 2013
    I did not play Metro 2033 and was a little skeptical when picking this game up but was I...BLOWN AWAY! Worth every cent and minute I sunk into the game. I think this is one game that managed to pull off the whole post-apocalyptic setting well from the burnt out husk that was once Moscow to the refuge survivors struggling in this new world; each of these components blended together veryI did not play Metro 2033 and was a little skeptical when picking this game up but was I...BLOWN AWAY! Worth every cent and minute I sunk into the game. I think this is one game that managed to pull off the whole post-apocalyptic setting well from the burnt out husk that was once Moscow to the refuge survivors struggling in this new world; each of these components blended together very well.

Fantastic eerie environments, great characters you can relate to, excellent ambiance, challenging combat with resource management if you play on harder modes. Storytelling was good and the entire "campaign" lasted about 20 hours for me but my only beef with it was the rather abrupt ending.

If anyone asks, I highly recommend this game; buy it, loan it, rent it, steal it etc
  36. Jul 19, 2013
    I can practically cut and paste my Metro 2033 review into this games review.
    Metro: Last Light more than makes up for its linear gameplay by making the world extremely rich and detailed. However, I felt at times that the game was even more "on rails" than the original.
    I can practically cut and paste my Metro 2033 review into this games review.
    The game is a quality title, but I could not help but find myself irritated by the EXCESSIVE reuse of models and voices. And they are the same models and voices from the first game, so returning players will know what I mean immediately. They reuse the same male child model for every single kid in the metro and they did it again this game. Same voice, same face, on every...single...kid. Now to top it off; the alien children in the game, share the SAME...EXACT...VOICE. Inexcusable.
    Game loses points for excessive reuse of models and voices, even ones from the FIRST game, as well as the fact that the story was not as deep and intriguing as the original, feeling like it had been written strictly for the purposes of creating a sequel for the game.
  37. May 20, 2013
    Metro last light tries to be one of the big boys and it kinda does but it's got kind of a uneven story and the human A.I. Is not that great but it does make a pretty good shooter that you will want to play again and again. The game has survival horror elements that do scare the crap out of you even when your out side in the morning that's a good sign for a survival horror and theMetro last light tries to be one of the big boys and it kinda does but it's got kind of a uneven story and the human A.I. Is not that great but it does make a pretty good shooter that you will want to play again and again. The game has survival horror elements that do scare the crap out of you even when your out side in the morning that's a good sign for a survival horror and the environment looks just great and it's a lot better than the first game witch was alright. My biggest problem is that ranger difficulty cost 5$ unless you pre ordered it and that just pissed me off because that's supposed to give you the best experience but it doesn't ruin the game witch is great so I think you shouldn't pass this up. Expand
  38. May 20, 2013
    Wow really tired of fuc*ing nubs leaving negative reviews about this AWESOME game, I doubt that they even played predecessor METRO 2033!
    Those cry-babies complaint about how this game if such a failure that it's not an open world and it's Rail-shooter, really?! Name a game that is not rail-shooter? It's #1 Horror-shooter game today.
    It's railed on purpose (It's a book) you have to FOLLOW
    It's railed on purpose (It's a book) you have to FOLLOW A STORY (MAX PAYNE). There's only two options that you can make in the game KILL or NOT to KILL! If you like open world play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. People who played METRO 2033 can't complaint that it's not open world (It's open enough to your pants when you outside metro).
    Bad Story? Well to bad for you, probably Bioshock Infinite has more story for you... I found this story amazingly retarded as gameplay itself (referring to Bioshock)! I've enjoined this METRO and it's thrilling story.
    Bad Acting? Well Russian accent, whats wrong with that? You in underground Moscow buddy;)!
    Best graphics you ever experienced! Put your SLI/CroFire in good use!
    This was a Good Buy for Me!!!

that know everything about how story is must be or how NOT OPEN environment is, but they do rate Bioshock Infinite as 10/10 (Those are true gamers)
  39. May 21, 2013
    Gute Atmosphäre Geniale Grafik hat mich mit seiner kurzen Spieldauer Hervorragend unterhalten. Abwechslungsreiche Gegner Typen Super Story. Mit seit langem das Beste Spiel was ich gezockt habe.
  40. May 22, 2013
    Amazing story and great atmosphere really make Metro Last Light stand out from most other shooters. The visuals are top notch and the new changes to combat and weapon upgrades are really well done.
  41. Aug 3, 2013
    Wow... one word to describe thiis title? Incredible! The graphics are wondrous, the gameplay is solid, and the attention to detail is stellar. Never before in a game have I been able to just walk over to a man telling stories to a child and been captivated myself. This is what so many games nowadays lack; the ability to interest you with ambient details. The game successfully conveyedWow... one word to describe thiis title? Incredible! The graphics are wondrous, the gameplay is solid, and the attention to detail is stellar. Never before in a game have I been able to just walk over to a man telling stories to a child and been captivated myself. This is what so many games nowadays lack; the ability to interest you with ambient details. The game successfully conveyed to me what was going on, even though I had never read the book. Metro LL also does a spectacular job of immersing me and is able to frighten me at certain times too! It is quite good at evoking emotion from me as well. This game is seriously a masterpiece, a non-stop fun and immersive experience from beginning to end. Do yourself a favor and play this game. Expand
  42. Aug 22, 2013
    Great game, one of the few times I think I actually like a sequel better than the original. Even some of the DLC has some good play time to it, and they kept Ranger mode in.
  43. Sep 26, 2013
    Just when the I thought the graphics of Metro: 2033 was insane; Metro: Last Light does one better. Don't be fooled by the people who complain they can't get 60+ FPS with max settings. The developers have really pushed the graphics to next generation and it shows. The AI is vastly improved (still room for improvement) and the compelling story of the game continues. This game is a must have.
  44. Jul 23, 2013
    It's a good game, rather short unfortunately. Fans of the books will enjoy it. The only downside is the consolization which results in a very hand-holding experience. Though stealth lovers will enjoy trudging along knocking everyone out, people who want to go in guns blazing will do the same. Some people will hate the liner layout of the game as well. But if you can get the game for aIt's a good game, rather short unfortunately. Fans of the books will enjoy it. The only downside is the consolization which results in a very hand-holding experience. Though stealth lovers will enjoy trudging along knocking everyone out, people who want to go in guns blazing will do the same. Some people will hate the liner layout of the game as well. But if you can get the game for a good deal, say under $30 it's worth it.

Sadly there are a few technical issues, especially for nvidia users. The current WHQL drivers(320.49) cause hardlocks of the game requiring a reboot, otherwise you're left with a looping driver crash/restart problem.
  45. Oct 1, 2013
    Just as a preface, how you could possibly give this game a "0" or a "10" is beyond me: it has both very good points and some (mostly minor) detractions. Limited minds see in black and white, I suppose. It neither merirts a horrible or perfect rating, but in my opinion, it does FAR more things right than wrong. It is one of the better single player first-person shooter experience I've hadJust as a preface, how you could possibly give this game a "0" or a "10" is beyond me: it has both very good points and some (mostly minor) detractions. Limited minds see in black and white, I suppose. It neither merirts a horrible or perfect rating, but in my opinion, it does FAR more things right than wrong. It is one of the better single player first-person shooter experience I've had in a long time.

The graphics on a high-end machine are superb. The best FPS I've ever seen, even besting Crysis 3. Gameplay is really a lot of fun. Only bad point is the story is extremely disjointed an really hokey in some points. I don't know if there was something lost in translation, but some of the dialogue is really corny, and full of non-sequetors. Some of the technology and plot devices are pretty unbelievable, but this is post-apocolyptic video game, so I'm not going to quibble.
  46. Jul 16, 2013
    A both beautiful and intense game, an amazing experience. Though, if you are looking for THEE GREATEST ACTION SHOOTER POWPOWOWWow, you will probably be disappointed. Gameplay is average, its the atmosphere of the game that absorbs you. Take time to snoop around and explore what you can. Loved the journey
  47. Jun 15, 2013
    Intense atmosphere helped by amazing visuals and sharpened combat and stealth mechanics. Let down by slightly uninteresting story and an unsatisfying ending, yet doesn't take away from the great moments.
  48. Jun 15, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is not an open world hardcore shooter. It's a linear storytelling game. If you can leave with that try it. It's just great.
    Metro is the same genre as Bioshock Infinite (Exploring unique linear world mixed with a fine story and weak shooter), and for me Metro is better in this.
  49. Sep 18, 2013
    Great game, great sequel to Metro 2033, although it does not quite live up to it's predecessor, still better then Bioshock Infinite.

If you are into story heavy FPS, get it BUT 1st play Metro 2033 or it will get confusing with references to the past game.
  50. Aug 12, 2013
    I have to say, i was in tears when i finished the Single Player campaign. Graphics? Superb. Gameplay? Addicting. Atmosphere? Survival-horror in the best of the genre, breathtaking. But the storyline brings you to somewhere that you keep feeling, after playing, that if they release the sequel just two or three months later Metro Last Light, it would still be perfect! Masterpiece.
  51. May 20, 2013
    This game was amazing,one of the best I have played. It had great graphics, the cutscenes are integrated in the game so its not like those other games where you feel like you are watching a movie. The gameplay is awesome,stealth works perfect,the story is very good. I wouldnt change anything important about the game if I have the chance it was a good experience, usually all shooters areThis game was amazing,one of the best I have played. It had great graphics, the cutscenes are integrated in the game so its not like those other games where you feel like you are watching a movie. The gameplay is awesome,stealth works perfect,the story is very good. I wouldnt change anything important about the game if I have the chance it was a good experience, usually all shooters are the same call of duty style, this was a new kind of FPS. Expand
  52. Jan 17, 2014
    Anybody who has actually played this game and given it a score of 6 or under is probably a little insane, or they didn't get enough love from their mother when they were young. This game, as well as Metro 2033, get the highest score I've ever given out --- a 9. I can't give it a 10 because as pointed out, some of the AI is a bit off and there are a few inconsistencies ... plus I would haveAnybody who has actually played this game and given it a score of 6 or under is probably a little insane, or they didn't get enough love from their mother when they were young. This game, as well as Metro 2033, get the highest score I've ever given out --- a 9. I can't give it a 10 because as pointed out, some of the AI is a bit off and there are a few inconsistencies ... plus I would have loved to see a "lean" mechanism for stealth. Still, for atmosphere, story, immersion, shooting mechanics graphics (awesome detail),etc. it would probably rate a 10. When you stop and consider the budget and the conditions under which these guys worked under, especially in Metro 2033, you just can't help applaud what they've been able to create. This game will suck you in, chew you up and spit you out and the larger gaming companies could really take note as to what makes a game good --- and it isn't MONEY. I ran the patched version for AMDs with the FOV tweak, I crashed 3 times total in the game and experienced no other bugs, maybe I was just lucky but this game was actually the least buggy game I played in 2013. As far as I'm concerned, this is my GOTY for 2013 ... yes, easily over bioshock infinite. You really have to wonder about who is slipping who money when it comes to "critic" reviews, because they rarely seem to have a clue. Expand
  53. Jul 16, 2013
    This game is just so fun. It is an example of what COD and HALO players have been missing out on with recend FPS: a great campaign. It will take you about 15 hours to complete on normal. If you buy the extra Ranger Mode DLC, it will take closer to thirty with the much increased difficulty. The story in this game is O.K., it gets a little dull towards the end, but that is only because ofThis game is just so fun. It is an example of what COD and HALO players have been missing out on with recend FPS: a great campaign. It will take you about 15 hours to complete on normal. If you buy the extra Ranger Mode DLC, it will take closer to thirty with the much increased difficulty. The story in this game is O.K., it gets a little dull towards the end, but that is only because of the increased action. The real fun is addressing every single situation differently, whether you want to sneak by, silently kill everyone or just go in guns blazing. Different factors will affect the way you play: you might get help from a supernatural source, be fighting monsters from above or have a cracked gas mask that requires the utmost care not to break. Juggling limited ammo and gas filters as well as pumping up your air powered rifles and flashlight electricity make this incredibly challenging. Which, one man army COD players, is actually a very good thing. You actually have to think to fight (good FPS skills still required.) Graphics look absolutely top notch, even though unless you have a great computer your graphics must be reduced. Loads of DLC will be coming, as will many more hours of gameplay. All in all, these countless coming hours will be every bit more special that the countless hours of typical multiplayer FPS that is typically popular. Expand
  54. Aug 14, 2013
    Absolutely Stunning, Story was awsome,hidden good endig achieved and the graphic and gameplay. I have no words to describe how awsome is this game but i'll remember it for very long time. Best game of 2013 (i was thinking about Bishock Infinite but this game is more atmospheric and mature)
  55. Jun 17, 2013
    one of the best games ever!!!!!!!!. the game is great in story, atmosphere and gameplay!!! this game IMPROVED A LOT from metro 2033( not that metro 2033 was bad)!!!!!
    the best part about the game, like metro 2033, is the atmosphere. this is just one of the best in this regard, on the level with games like bioshock and dishonored. the games atmosphere is made much better by a lot of NPC conversations. the npcs conversations are really interesting and compelling. the notes in the game are also amazing. i dont read notes in a lot of games, but here they are just really interesting and give a lot to the world. the stations are also great because they give you a lot about the world. the game also has great graphics. another really strong aspect of the game is the enviroments!!!!!
    the enviroments in the game look amazing!!!! they look really good and let a lot to the game!!! the enviroments, both under the ground and above ground look spectacular!!!!!
    the games story is amazing as well. the story is really deep and meaningful, talking about stuff like humanity not stopping fighting, even when theyre barelly living. it also talks about how we treat the different. the game is really grim and sad which is awesome) if you didnt understand it yet, THE STORY IS JUST AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another thing that enhances the game is moral choice. the game has deep and meaningful moral choice, that after choosing something, i still thought that i might be mistaking. the game has 2 endings. while there is a good ending and a bad ending, they both are amazing and fullfilling!! the game has great twists! the game also has really interesting conversations with a really special character, which i wont spoil, but believe me its just awesome!!! the game also has good scares. some time it can really scare you( note that if you dont like horror games you will probably still like this( i dont like horror games but i like this))
    the gameplay is also solid. the gunplay is great, and gun fights are great. the stealth system is good, but not perfect. its a huge improvment over metro 2033s stealth, but here its too forgiving. im not saying i want it super hardcore, but you can stand here right infront of someone, but because your in the "shadows" he doesnt see you. i dont have a problem with stealth by shadows, but here it is too forgiving again, the system is good and im not expecting a super realistic stealth, but this is too forgiving)
    the game does have few downsides that stop me from giving it a 10/10. the graphics options arent really expansive. the game optimized itself to my rig really good, but it just doesnt have enough settings to tweek manually. the game also isnt bugless. i had to reload a checkpoint few times because something didnt work. theres another problem in the game with the smoke. im not sure if its intended or not, but the smoke moves really weird and unnaturaly. all the effects in the game are good, and the smoke is also good when it works. when it weird, its a bit distracting. there is also a final boss battle that was really hard to understand what to do.
    overall my complaints are really little. the most annoying ones are the smoke and bugginess.

THIS IS A GREAT AWESOME MUST BUY GAME!!!!!! ITS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER!!!! THE STORY AND ATMOSPHERE ARE AWESOME, RICH AND SPECTACULAR!!! THIS IS A HUGE IMPROVMENT OVER THE ORIGINAL!!!! JUST BUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  56. May 20, 2013
    Absolutely magnificent and engrossing game. This is single player only, but it's the most beautiful, aesthetic, well-thought-out fps of such nature that I've played in a long time and possibly ever.
  57. Jun 15, 2013
    Awesome. Simply awesome. Graphics is amazing, advanced combat system, stealth mode, good plot. I give this game 95 from 100. This game is not perfect however. Stealth system is a bit flawed, but its ok, this game is not New Thief after all. And plot lets say 90 from 100, a bit predictable. And game is quite too linear. But this is trifle this game well worth buying. By the way, this gameAwesome. Simply awesome. Graphics is amazing, advanced combat system, stealth mode, good plot. I give this game 95 from 100. This game is not perfect however. Stealth system is a bit flawed, but its ok, this game is not New Thief after all. And plot lets say 90 from 100, a bit predictable. And game is quite too linear. But this is trifle this game well worth buying. By the way, this game much better than Metro 2033. First Metro was too creepy, like bad horror. You can name this game as horror too, but this is well made horror, like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Expand
  58. Jun 17, 2013
    The star of the show is the atmosphere. Everyone has said it, but it's true. The claustrophobic metro, and the breathtaking atmosphere scream detail and beauty. The gun mechanics are also pretty good. The story and characters could be way better, but the production values are enough to make it a good adventure.
  59. May 20, 2013
    Story, atmosphere, graphics, details, characters, sound design everything is just purely amazing and very well done. The graphics and sounds really make you immerse in the game. One of the best single-player games i have ever played in my life. Metro Last light is a must buy!
  60. Jun 21, 2013
    i just want like to say that it is game of the year.and best game in the world i ever played.........................................................
  61. Aug 20, 2013
    Metro 2033 was a good game; Metro: Last Light is better.
    The visuals are outstanding, even on low the game still looks great and better than most other games.
    The plot is good but you maybe won´t understand everything if you haven´t played Metro 2033 or read the books. Fighting in the game feels great, even if the stealth part feels a bit silly. Many levels are designed open and you
    Metro 2033 was a good game; Metro: Last Light is better.
    Fighting in the game feels great, even if the stealth part feels a bit silly.
    Many levels are designed open and you can choose different ways to proceed and there are more variations of different and unique weapons than in Metro 2033.
    There are some survival aspects in the game, you still have to search the areas in the game for bullets, weapons and filters for your gas mask. Surviving the world of Metro: Last Light on higher difficulties like the Ranger Mode won´t be an easy task.
    The world the game presents you is full of stunning environments and creates a depressing atmosphere which can not be described easily.
    To keep it short: This is not a game. This is a experience.
    And everyone should have experienced it!
  62. Jul 14, 2014
    **** You Metro Last Night Team! For your poor work Consolen to PC import!!! My save game crash on the end of the game! Why can´t the players decide if they are save a game. Stupid and very dissatisfied.......
    I don´t have the time to play through the game again just before the end!!!!!!!!
  63. Oct 25, 2013
    Okay I'm gonna level with you guys I was holding tight to my controller because its so scary really I have never seen a game this immersive and after the disappointing review from IGN I wasn't expecting much well I was wrong and for the second game by a Ukrainian developer I hope metro becomes a full fledged series.
  64. May 21, 2013
    Graphics are captivating. So nice that you will want to explore every nook and cranny just to make sure you don't miss anything. The attention to detail regarding map design is done extremely well despite the maps being generally linear. The story line is engaging with some really well developed characters. Combat is fun and intense on higher difficulties. This sequel delivered. If youGraphics are captivating. So nice that you will want to explore every nook and cranny just to make sure you don't miss anything. The attention to detail regarding map design is done extremely well despite the maps being generally linear. The story line is engaging with some really well developed characters. Combat is fun and intense on higher difficulties. This sequel delivered. If you enjoyed Metro 2033, you will absolutely love Last Light. Would have given it a 10, but the shady Ranger Mode DLC dropped it a point. Expand
  65. May 20, 2013
    Amazing game
    Amazing graphics
    Amazing story
    Amazing game play
    Amazing
  66. May 20, 2013
    I was lucky enough to open the Metro 2033 for myself only half a year ago, so the Metro Last Light came out rather quickly. On the other hand I had all the memories and feelings from 1st part fresh when I dived intro LL.
    The graphics were amazing max settings gave and amazing picture.
    Shooting system was fine it would take a few to get me down, and same applied for any normal enemy.
    The graphics were amazing max settings gave and amazing picture.
    Story-line was somewhat predictable, yet interesting and witch bunch of unexpected turn-overs.

Now, the only two things I didn't like about this game are: how ranger-hardcore mode is developed, and how AI performs with stealth system.
    There are a HUD system in the game (basic for any game yea?), but on hardcore level it goes away to give you realism. I love challenges, I love games that give me challenges. But playing Metro LL for the first time on the top hard level is somewhat pain in the ass. That happens because you don't see the hud, you don't know the hud. That's why I had BIG problems using explosives through the whole game. Only in the end I managed to somehow switch them using the sound that the hud emits when you pick specific item from the round menu of additional weapons. So, high five to 4A games for not testing the quality of game experience on the hardest mode in the game.
    Now AI. It's sometimes just plain stupid, or the computer thinks that player totally dissolves with the background, but there were a LOT of moments when it was natural if AI would detect me (like enemy looking exactly at me from 5 meters away, or calm guard who just chilled while I was killing his mate who was standing a step away from him with throwing knife, etc etc).

All in all it was a great game.
  67. May 23, 2013
    Just finished it, what a fantastic game...the only reason it didn't get a 10 from me is it was too short...17 hours of playtime only, I understand it almost got cancelled and got picked up etc still. Pre-ordering was worth it...now to try ranger hardcore...
  68. May 20, 2013
    This is an instant classic, great storytelling, atmosphere, combat and graphics. Big step up from the previous game in pretty much every regard. A lot of emotion, passion and tough choices. Great pacing, a lot of really tense moments; the game grabs you and stays engaging from start to finish. Attention to details in the environments is absolutely mind blowing, i feel like the world is theThis is an instant classic, great storytelling, atmosphere, combat and graphics. Big step up from the previous game in pretty much every regard. A lot of emotion, passion and tough choices. Great pacing, a lot of really tense moments; the game grabs you and stays engaging from start to finish. Attention to details in the environments is absolutely mind blowing, i feel like the world is the actual hero of the game.
    The game took me 19 hours to finish in ranger mode, explored and read everything. PC version worked really well, no bugs or crashes and looked amazing
  69. May 20, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is every bit an improvement over the first. This game is already one of my favorite shooters of recent memory. The developers have created a labor of love for the PC and it pushes the GPU to the limits. Not many devs out there are pushing out products that are this bleeding edge. Sure, depending on your GPU and the drivers you are running, you may experience someMetro: Last Light is every bit an improvement over the first. This game is already one of my favorite shooters of recent memory. The developers have created a labor of love for the PC and it pushes the GPU to the limits. Not many devs out there are pushing out products that are this bleeding edge. Sure, depending on your GPU and the drivers you are running, you may experience some graphical issues but those were quickly patched (in my case, at least). The shooter mechanics have been polished to near perfection, which is a major plus over 2033. The affection that these devs show towards the narrative is such a breath of fresh air. But it is the attention to detail with the atmosphere of this post-apocalyptic world that will take away that breath. If you are a fan of Fallout 3 or the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, this game deserves your attention. A solidly satisfying experience from beginning to end.

Played on:
    Core i7 3770
    16 GB DDR3
    Radeon HD 7870
  70. May 21, 2013
    Es gibt wohl nicht viele so schön erzählte wie inszenierte Spiele. Die Grafik kann man kaum besser umsetzen insbesondere in der Wechselwirkung mit Wettereffekten und Spielatmosphäre .
    Die einzigen Mankos am Spiel sind der leider nicht vorhandene Multiplayer die Metro wäre dafür eigentlich prädestiniert gewesen), sowie der LEIDER lächerliche Schwierigkeitsgrad bei allem unter Hardcore kann man von schwierig nicht wirklich reden).
    Ansonsten gibt es von mir, für alle die ein gelungenes Solo mit viel Storytelling lieben nur den Rat unbedingt holen,
  71. May 21, 2013
    The atmosphere, the presentation, the game play, the beautiful graphics, the story, the characters, the immersion. This game has it all! This has the be one of the best games I have ever played, it delivers a unique experience that almost no other video game can create. Metro, Deep Silver. You have have done many proud, I am looking forward to the next game (if there is one). In myThe atmosphere, the presentation, the game play, the beautiful graphics, the story, the characters, the immersion. This game has it all! This has the be one of the best games I have ever played, it delivers a unique experience that almost no other video game can create. Metro, Deep Silver. You have have done many proud, I am looking forward to the next game (if there is one). In my opinion, this is Game of the year, so far. Thank you. Expand
  72. Jun 7, 2013
    This game sets a new benchmark imo for PC graphics and atmosphere when the settings are fully cranked up, you need a strong setup to run it, I think the design and graphics needs a bafta in themselves, the apocalyptic destruction and distribution of objects and the level of detail everywhere is incredible, the consistency of object strewing across the environment is amazing, at no pointThis game sets a new benchmark imo for PC graphics and atmosphere when the settings are fully cranked up, you need a strong setup to run it, I think the design and graphics needs a bafta in themselves, the apocalyptic destruction and distribution of objects and the level of detail everywhere is incredible, the consistency of object strewing across the environment is amazing, at no point did I see a lack of detail anywhere, the sheer textural beauty of the corrosion and dirt and dust and layering of organic detail cobwebs etc make this game so immersive, the outside environments are even more amazing, and everything is done to a very high standard compared to many other so called AAA titles, the gameplay is great the mechanics solid, the story and dialog works well, maybe they could be a little better as they're are a few stereotypes, some accuse the game of a little too much handholding story wise but to be honest people fresh to the series I think wont mind, as this aids with the flow of the story, as its not as open world as some would like, But I think in terms of what metro last light set out to do, I don't think there is much to compete with it polish wise so far or that they could have done better, and I think graphics and atmosphere wise this will be a benchmark test game for many moons to come. Though this my first review on metacritic dont be confused, I've been playing games since colossal cave adventure on an osborne luggable, this is a well made game. Expand
  73. Jun 15, 2013
    Excellent and smooth graphics even on much higher details than recommended .
    I don't remember any serious bugs, and it was fun.
    Quite better than Metro 2033
  74. Jul 14, 2013
    I think it's really unfair people are giving this game 0 raiting. I must state it is a very well made and super fun to play. I played Metro 2033 throughout also played every Stalker game. So this is a very good new edition and i absolutely recommend it. Didn't come across any crippling bugs in my playthrough's but i did think Ranger Hardcore was a tad too easy for my liking aside from thatI think it's really unfair people are giving this game 0 raiting. I must state it is a very well made and super fun to play. I played Metro 2033 throughout also played every Stalker game. So this is a very good new edition and i absolutely recommend it. Didn't come across any crippling bugs in my playthrough's but i did think Ranger Hardcore was a tad too easy for my liking aside from that solid game Expand
  75. Aug 2, 2013
    This game is fantastic, i love the game play and story line. everything about this game is just survival and it plays its part very well. all the guns and different ways you can customize them. 10/10 no doubt
  76. Aug 4, 2013
    Besides some "western" touches, 4A Games delivers a very special and almost flawless game which proves that Eastern European development scene is here to stay.
  77. Aug 14, 2014
    I bought this game on a steam sale expecting a mediocre experience. What I got was something closer to Bioshock, but with amazing graphics and awesome environments to explore. I greatly enjoyed this game with its good shooting mechanics and stealth sections. The characters are interesting (except for your in-game character who is completely mute) and there is a nice narration betweenI bought this game on a steam sale expecting a mediocre experience. What I got was something closer to Bioshock, but with amazing graphics and awesome environments to explore. I greatly enjoyed this game with its good shooting mechanics and stealth sections. The characters are interesting (except for your in-game character who is completely mute) and there is a nice narration between loading screens. I picked this up and couldn't put it down until I finished it. Some people say it is too linear and I suppose it is very linear but a game about being in a maze of subway tunnels would get dangerously confusing if it wasn't. Some games do open world very well but I don't think it should be a requirement. Highly recommend. Expand
  78. Aug 6, 2013
    Awesome. The gameplay is fun, The visuals are amazing and beautiful, The story is pretty good. However the English voice cringe worthy and I recommend Playing it in Russian. Also the immersion is amazing, It sucks you into the game. Definitely worth buying.
  79. Aug 15, 2013
    Positives: This game legit scares the crap out of me the way the Deadspace titles did. The environment just sucks you right in and is very immersive, and the plotline is fantastic. Combat mechanics are ok enough not to hinder with the story. Monsters are terrifying and tough. Ammo is limited and precious. Graphics and attention to detail are incredible. The game is a great balance betweenPositives: This game legit scares the crap out of me the way the Deadspace titles did. The environment just sucks you right in and is very immersive, and the plotline is fantastic. Combat mechanics are ok enough not to hinder with the story. Monsters are terrifying and tough. Ammo is limited and precious. Graphics and attention to detail are incredible. The game is a great balance between plot development and combat. Overall very well done.

Negatives: Just like the first Metro, very linear gameplay. I do understand that they want you to feel like nowhere is safe to stay and you need to keep moving, but Fallout accomplishes this and is still open-world. It was also just a very short game. I felt like I got to the end very quick, maybe 8 real hours of gameplay time if you drag it out. Lastly, I hate that your actions from the first game have ZERO impact on this one. I saved the dark ones in the first game, but you have no option to play the storyline as that outcome in this sequel.

Overall, I loved this game and I am stoked for the next sequel.
  80. Aug 24, 2013
    After finishing 2033 I new I had to get Last Light and I did it was the most amazing story ever I spent my whole day playing it almost cried at the end.
  81. Sep 3, 2013
    Metro Last light is atmospheric, dark and keeps you in suspense. It's also a improvement from Metro 2033 which was unpolished and sometimes frustrating. Practically every aspect is an improvement from it's predecessor.
    The AI is smarter and stealth isn't as frustrating (melee kills are quiet, same for silenced weapons).
  82. Sep 17, 2013
    If you're a big fan of playing through the tutorials and prologues at the beginning of a game.. look no further. 7 hours of clicking on stuff when you're told to with a few minutes where you're allowed to walk forward at your own pace. Completely on rails.

Your choices don't matter. It's all scripted. There's no customization worth mentioning. If you're after a juiced up version of "Stalker" then that's not what this is.

Basically, it's a movie you click on. With that said, it's a clean game. No glitching, bugs, or any of that. Story is alright
  83. Sep 20, 2013
    TLDNR: A prettier HalfLife 2 with a grittier ambiance and much more mature/adult content.

Metro: Last Light was an impulse purchase for me, and I started my game experience rather dubious about its prospects. I had read reviews saying "inconsistent difficulty" and "poor AI", but also "strong story". The tutorial and first level or so didn't impress me, but dear lord does the story

The tutorial and first level or so didn't impress me, but dear lord does the story and intensity ever ramp up! My first playthough has been on Hardcore, and it's earning the name. The gameplay is intense and immersive. It's been a long time since a game has raised my heart rate like Last Light does.

Pros:
    Involving, mature story with adult themes and lots of background detail.
    An amazing amount of custom voice acting and animation.
    Although linear, has solid level design and no "infinite bad guys".
    Intense "survival horror" combat mixed with standard CoD type combat.
    Pretty good enjoyable stealth implementation.
    Oh my God, they're not kidding with the "Mature" rating! NOT FOR CHILDREN

Cons:

Not particularly innovative in gameplay mechanics. Experienced FPS players will recognize everything that comes along. Familiar isn't necessarily bad, though.

Quite linear. More like CoD than Bioshock. Personally this doesn't bug me, but several other reviewers have complained that the world isn't sandbox. It's not that kind of game.

In order to get my heart thumping, the game does occasionally throw multiple strong and fast opponents at me, while I have poor visibility or sight lines. Some may call this "inconsistent difficulty". Personally, I find the intensity and challenge to be a positive quality.

Had to turn off "Advanced Physics", it was lagging the game out. If you're having massive slowdown, turn off the Advanced Physics option in the GamePlay menu!

84. Oct 27, 2013
    I rarely write reviews, but Metro last light has compelled me to do so. I hope perhaps one other player may play this great game as a result, or one of the developers (who labored in awful conditions apparently to make this) takes heart that someone else really appreciated their efforts. It isn't perfect, but it is really worth taking the time to play. Its' greatest achievement is givingI rarely write reviews, but Metro last light has compelled me to do so. I hope perhaps one other player may play this great game as a result, or one of the developers (who labored in awful conditions apparently to make this) takes heart that someone else really appreciated their efforts. It isn't perfect, but it is really worth taking the time to play. Its' greatest achievement is giving you an incredible sense of play, the metro world is so rich, not since the original bioshock have I enjoyed being in a game world so much. Wiping rain off you gas mask, pumping your flashlight to charge, and other such features really make you feel as if you are in this post apocalyptic future. Characters are good, with a few good twists, and the bad bits (falling into water, mutants a bit lame, so balance issues) are far outweighed by the good. Give it a go! Oh, and for me it was unplayable until I found the vsync option. Expand
  85. Nov 13, 2013
    THE BEST FPS GAME OF 2013. This game finally changed the landscape of FPS games... Every graphic, every sound, every gameplay, and the story are well-crafted to become unique...
  86. Nov 21, 2013
    I enjoyed Metro Last Light however I feel that it could have been an expansion for Metro: 2033 because both the gameplay as well as the graphics are almost the same. There are a little too many cutscenes where the game holds you hand and just lets you watch or maybe tells you to rapidly press a button. I feel as if there are more of that compared to the original Metro 2033. You can make aI enjoyed Metro Last Light however I feel that it could have been an expansion for Metro: 2033 because both the gameplay as well as the graphics are almost the same. There are a little too many cutscenes where the game holds you hand and just lets you watch or maybe tells you to rapidly press a button. I feel as if there are more of that compared to the original Metro 2033. You can make a few smaller choices of strategy and customize your weapon load out but that's it. All in all the game is exiting even though, like I said, it's very linear. It's also beautiful to look at given your PC can handle it. Expand
  87. Dec 15, 2013
    Excellent game. Fantastic graphics, sound and voice acting it top notch, controls are easy to pick up and master, great weapon customization system that's a huge improvement over the first game, and the story keeps you going. The atmosphere Metro: Last Light has created is one of the best post-apocalyptic settings I can ever remember (fallout 4 I hope you're taking notes). I can't forExcellent game. Fantastic graphics, sound and voice acting it top notch, controls are easy to pick up and master, great weapon customization system that's a huge improvement over the first game, and the story keeps you going. The atmosphere Metro: Last Light has created is one of the best post-apocalyptic settings I can ever remember (fallout 4 I hope you're taking notes). I can't for the life of me understand why people would give this a 0 rating, besides just being a troll. Picked it up on the steam black friday sales for less than $10 and couldn't be happier. Expand
  88. Apr 4, 2014
    Even for a "rail shooter" this game is still mildly fun, especially with the stealth element. It's not very often that a game can blend both stealth play and traditional shooter play, Metro does not do this well, but it does do it better than others. The stealth aspect is very important to maintain because without making a headshot, you might as well be firing spitballs at the enemies.Even for a "rail shooter" this game is still mildly fun, especially with the stealth element. It's not very often that a game can blend both stealth play and traditional shooter play, Metro does not do this well, but it does do it better than others. The stealth aspect is very important to maintain because without making a headshot, you might as well be firing spitballs at the enemies. There are serious issues with balance when it comes down to it. Most of the guns just plain suck, they do pretty much close to zero damage, except the revolver of course. If you don't stack 3 of them as your weapons then you're basically putting yourself at a huge disadvantage. Grab 1 revolver for each; stealth, long-range, and short/mid-range, and you'll be set for the entire game. Besides the guns, there are numerous "thrown" items that you can use. You won't though, because that damn revolver dwarfs everything. It's always quicker to just shoot, even if you have to reload first. Besides the throwables, you also have the ability to knife. DO NOT EVER USE THE KNIFE. It is completely broken and horribly implemented into the game. You'll never stab where you're aiming; You'll always hit left or right of where you actually aimed, leaving the enemy free to ruin your face. Along with that, the animations for the stabbing are so jerky and sporadic that there is a curve to get used to the games horrible animations, just so you can used to the knifes horrible aim. I repeat, do not ever knife in this game unless you are stealth-killing someone.

The story and dialogue are, well, I can't comment on the story in full because the lack of play testing (or so I assume) is keeping me from completing the game. I'm stuck at the armored were-beast thing down in the catacombs with 1 good gun (the revolver), and two piles of sh!t (shotgun, and the so-called "best and most sought after AR in the Metro"), along with all the other useless weapons at my disposal. I carefully spend my time putting upwards of 300 bullets into the bosses face, only to be left to use my throwables, only then to be left to stab. Always resulting in my death. Again, this game has some serious balance issues. Bad as the issues are, I still want to complete the story and find out what the deal is with the overly affectionate Dark One that seems to have a boner for Art. As far as the dialogue is concerned, it's pretty bad. You remember back in grade school, when you had to read a paper in front of the class? And everyone always did it as quick as possible with absolutely no emotion? Yeah, the voice "acting" is that bad. The mouths don't even attempt to line up with the words coming out of them, but that's nothing new for video games.

The environments in the game are actually really good. Whether you're in the metro or above ground, there is an innate sense of immersion that they achieve. When you're crawling around underground you really feel like it's a subway; tight spaces, open exposed pipes, and bugs, TONS of bugs and webs really help bring the atmosphere to life in the otherwise droll grey colors in the metro. Above ground, there's a sense like at any moment the wrong footstep could unleash hell on your unsuspecting ass. Whether you're in the grasslands, the marsh, or wherever, the above ground environments really project a sense of desolation in a ruined world. The enemies above ground are great too, if only the guns did more damage. 8 shots to the face with a shotgun and you're still charging right for me? Give me a break, that's entirely unrealistic, even for fiction.

So what's the verdict? If you can get it for free or borrow it, definitely give it a try. I wouldn't pay any more $20 for it though.
  89. Jun 24, 2014
    Would be a 9 or 10 if it wasn't so darn short. I got 10.5 hrs of game play to finish it on medium difficulty and really tried to explore all the areas etc, although I know I missed a few. Yes, there's the option to play through for another ending and yes the areas that do exist are spectacular, and the story is totally decent, but 10 hrs is just too short for a AAA game in my opinion.Would be a 9 or 10 if it wasn't so darn short. I got 10.5 hrs of game play to finish it on medium difficulty and really tried to explore all the areas etc, although I know I missed a few. Yes, there's the option to play through for another ending and yes the areas that do exist are spectacular, and the story is totally decent, but 10 hrs is just too short for a AAA game in my opinion. 20-30 should really be the bare minimum developers shoot for. I have 46 in borderlands 2 not counting any DLC play time and still working on the main quest. More backtracking there of course, but still. This game is worth it if you get it on sale, but for me full price is too much for 10 hrs of play time. And ranger mode costs extra! Expand
  90. May 22, 2013
    Great game with great atmosphere, and story! Definitely worth playing. Its a masterpiece!. This game has excellent graphics, I believe its better than crysis 3 in graphics.
  91. Jul 27, 2013
    Metro Last Light is an FPS shooter with linear gameplay and Metal Gear-esque combat, set in a post-apocalyptic world with the human race divided; it comes with a strong story, slick combat, great graphics, and AMAZING ambience make for a breathtakingly immersive atmosphere that pulls you in and doesn't let go. It's not an open-roam game like Borderlands or Fallout 3, but from the beginningMetro Last Light is an FPS shooter with linear gameplay and Metal Gear-esque combat, set in a post-apocalyptic world with the human race divided; it comes with a strong story, slick combat, great graphics, and AMAZING ambience make for a breathtakingly immersive atmosphere that pulls you in and doesn't let go. It's not an open-roam game like Borderlands or Fallout 3, but from the beginning it's clear that's not what it sets out to do. Have you ever went on the Disneyland Pirates of the Carribean or Indiana Jones ride where you experience various visual and audio stimulus and it makes you feel as if you are passing through a movie? That's the best way I can describe Metro, though you feel like you’re actually in a movie navigating the gorgeously grim cinematography, fighting monsters and humans alike, strolling through vibrant pockets of civilization this paired with some really cool mechanics like having to crank charge your flashlight after extended use, swap out a cracked gas mask, or occasionally wipe blood off it these all culminate into a very memorable experience that is a welcome breath of fresh air from the achievement-laden, progression-fueled games of today; Metro on the other hand, focuses its attention on storytelling through its gritty realism and quick-pacing. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but I couldn’t help but love this game, I blasted through it in a bit over a day! Expand
  92. May 22, 2013
    The guys at A4 Games did a fantastic job with Metro LL. Great story and atmosphere, looks incredible (comparable to Crysis 3 but runs about 100 x better on PC). Well worth the money you put down on and I enjoyed this more then Bioshock Infinite which is a testamant to the games overriding quality.
  93. May 25, 2013
    It would have been a shame if this game doesn't come out. When i played i really felt that im part of the story, and its atmosphere just made my mouth remain-open. The graphics are super cool, but its not the effects but the drawings of the cities which pulled this game to the highest level and made it a masterpiece.
  94. May 18, 2013
    I had a really fun time with metro: last light. The setting of this series is just so intriguing that I can't help but love it. This game was nearly as good as metro 2033, If you're a fan of this genre then you will definitely enjoy last light.
  95. May 21, 2013
    this is greatness. Bioshock was crap compared to this. THe gameplay is superb.. it touches on Thief and keeps the hardcore grind of the last metro.
    I was simply blown away by the stealth system and how you approach each area
    Support them. THanks.
  96. May 17, 2013
    This game is just what you're looking for if you like post-apocalyptic games like fallout, but more in an FPS style. It is very immersive and the graphics are great. The combat mechanics feel very satisfying and are easy to use. The story is very good (most likely because it is based on a book) and the characters can sometimes seem real, besides some of the glitches you may encounter.This game is just what you're looking for if you like post-apocalyptic games like fallout, but more in an FPS style. It is very immersive and the graphics are great. The combat mechanics feel very satisfying and are easy to use. The story is very good (most likely because it is based on a book) and the characters can sometimes seem real, besides some of the glitches you may encounter. (which are rare) I would recommend picking this game up, and playing it for as long as you can in one go. This game was just as good if not better than Metro 2033, and it is very much worth your money. Expand
  97. May 20, 2013
    The attention to detail in this game is breath taking, at some points in the game I found myself just looking around the metros just taking all the atmosphere in and emerging myself into this games world
    The graphics are some of the best I have ever seen In any game and the game play is Much in proved
    over the previous game
    I think metro last light will be one of the best games of 2013
  98. May 24, 2013
    I haven't played such a good game in a LONG time.
    This is a kind of game that comes once in a couple of years, it's that good! I loved everything about it.
    Download newest patches to improve performance on PC.
  99. May 20, 2013
    It is 3 AM right now and I'm still awake writing this because I simply cannot sleep after Metro Last Light. Not because it may give me nightmares, but because I feel restless after completing such an amazing journey. My mind is racing, trying to comprehend how a game can be this good. I'm absolutely blown away by every aspect of Metro Last Light. It is more than just a PC game, it is aIt is 3 AM right now and I'm still awake writing this because I simply cannot sleep after Metro Last Light. Not because it may give me nightmares, but because I feel restless after completing such an amazing journey. My mind is racing, trying to comprehend how a game can be this good. I'm absolutely blown away by every aspect of Metro Last Light. It is more than just a PC game, it is a work of art and a piece of humanity, no less. I loved Metro 2033, I was really looking forward to this game, and more of the same would be perfectly fine by me. However, everything got turned up to 11 in Last Light from 2033. With great polish and presentation it is such a better game than 2033. The world is completely realized with much attention to detail, it is easy to get lost in it for hours. Every corner of the world, every character feel so alive, almost like there is a soul behind it all. The story is excellent, the touch of Dmitry Glukhovsky is clear. It always keeps you curious about what is next. Where does this lead and how will it unfold, I just could not get enough of it. The brute reality of war and the paranormal subconscious of Metro are fused together. Many characters are introduced and very well developed. I enjoyed to learn more about Artyom and understand him. Khan is at his best. There is so little time for Artyom and Anna together, but the attachment created is so strong. I only wish we could find out more about Ulman and Miller. The gameplay is smooth and satisfying. No matter if you want to clear your way with lead or stay in shadows. The introduced take-downs are varied enough and are effective. The pacing is unpredictable to say the least, but somehow it fits perfectly. The game is about 15 hours, depending on how you play. It feels complete, but I wish it would go on for more. The weapons feel much better and there is more than before. New guns are great and fit in the world of Metro. The customization is just right as well, and guns behavior does depend heavily on how you set them up. Throwing knifes are much easier to use now, but I did not mind them in 2033 either. I personally welcome the limit on number of guns you can take with now. Human AI is not bad at all. I just wish they would actually search the area instead of standing in one spot and wondering if they seen anything. Monster/Mutant AI is excellent however. Here and there it even seems like tactics are involved. Fighting for survival gets extremely tense and I love it. Last, but not the least are the graphics and art style. I have never seen a game so beautiful. Its hard to not just stop and stare, simply amazing! The immersion is endless. I ended up with 380+ screenshots by end of the game. The lighting, texture, character models, animations, etc. Everything is top notch quality. The optimization though is not really there. However, the game runs smooth maxed on two 7870s LE with the latest patch. 30-80 FPS, quite a variance indeed. As far is art style goes, the whole game is a masterpiece. Whichever way you look, its like you are in art gallery. To sum it up, Metro Last Light is a superb shooter, stealth, adventure or simply, it is orgasmic. I always ask myself a question about every great FPS since 2005: Is this game better than Half Life 2? By the end of Metro Last Light I could surely say for the first time ever, YES! Bioshock Infinite came so close, but Metro has done it for me, finally. I applaud and bow to 4A, Dmitry Glukhovsky and Deep Silver. Buy this game, you will never regret it Expand
  100. May 25, 2013
    Last Light may be a game, that you may have discounted. I know i did, but the other day i decided to pick it up and have a go. I never regretted it. I have never been immersed in a game so much as Last Light. I highly recommend you give it a try.

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Metro Last Light improves on several of the originals shortcomings but also has a few of its own. Mainly the artificial intelligence needs lots of work otherwise Metro Last Light with its hybrid of quality action and engaging storytelling would maybe have been one of the best games of the year.
    I do not recommend this to arachnophobiacs and story-lovers. Nonetheless, the game's atmosphere is so thick you are going to be just blown away. Furthermore, the game has outstanding battles. [Issue#231]
  3. Jun 23, 2013