• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Sep 29, 2015
4.9

1. Sep 29, 2015
    Firstly, a couple of points. I have played all the Might and Magic Games. I didn't play either of the two Betas that came out for HOMM7.

With that, my first impressions of the game is positive. having only spent a few hours with one faction on their first mission, it was a great way to "trial and error' a few things before going after the faction i love playing the most (Haven).

Gameplay at times can be slightly clunky. I for one have increased the combat and movement speed, just to hurry things up a little bit without compromising the game. I love the auto resolve button, however at times it's calculations seem to be way off and the need for the good old manual intervention is required.

The skill tree/wheel is a nice change from the HOMM6 family tree where the same pathway in HOMM6 that lead to winning or higher advantages has been curved.

The additional resources appears to be a wonderful introduction into the game. Whilst you still require wood and ore for majority of the primary buildings, those unique materials add extra flavour for powerful elite creatures.

Combat has increased in complexity. rather than good old might is right where the most numbers wins, flanking and backstabbing, combination of spells and combos can really tilt a battle either to your advantage or disadvantage. the impact of Luck and Morale has also been tweaked to add a nice well rounded balance.

Movement on the map seems a lot more limited than previous HOMM's taking longer turns to move around the map. Artifacts appear to be a lot more importance, particularly boots that grant additional movements. Money at times also appears to "never be enough" which can leave a player with tough choices on who to buy/train.

Overall i'm thoroughly enjoying HOMM7. There are some things they could have done better, but overall i believe a very solid performance so far.
  2. Sep 29, 2015
    Best Heroes since Heroes III; thanks for this game I was waiting for something like that for too many years. Probably the graphics and animation could be better but I don't really care because the great gameplay makes suplies its weak points.
  3. Sep 29, 2015
    I will only write this review on one part of the game. And it is a real beauty. It is the homm7 map editor. It seems to be user friendly and you can adjust about anything you can dream off if you got the skills. And if you dont you dont have to learn any coding like LUA in age of wonders 3. You can go a long way.

You could sculp the terrain with it. Add and modify your custom heroes,

You could sculp the terrain with it. Add and modify your custom heroes, units. With enough skills and determination even whole new factions and townscreans. I spend the last month painting 2 new heroes with waterpaint which will become my main characters in my handwritten scenario map. And written their biography. + a good number of pages already with events and dialogues. I`m that excited about what is about to be released.

I would give the game a 9 with the map editor alone. When given enough support from the developers and community. Even do i am excited to what the big single player campaign has to offer. And the new maps. I wished there would be more skirmish maps. But i`m hoping the community will ad them whenever i run short of them.

I know there are a lot of haters among the community. And people who would give this game a 1 out of 10 for minor issues that do not bother me much. Like using Uplay. That`s why i give this game a 10 out of 10. And ad one point to compensate that.

Some minor issues:
    - AI needs some work the next couple of months. Even do it is better at flanking and prioritising targets now. I`m curious about the AI on the world map.
    - Some units could use an interesting ability.
    - Units like the moon doe (Sylvan) and dire wolf (haven) are not that beloved by the fans and i`ll rather see them replaced with units like a Griffioen or Pegasus/Unicorn.
    - Heroes specialisations could be mode more interesting.
    - I wish to see a dwarven or demon faction. The game does not feel complete with them. Maybe also a couple more neutral units. But well i`ll expect to see them in one of the next expansions.

I want to thank the developers who must have been working hard on the game since first beta. As i`ve seen the game develop itself in a good way the last couple of months. Julien. You are the best.

I`ve seen the overall consensus grew more positive the closer we made it to the release date. I`m positive this game would get a good launch at release day.
  4. Sep 29, 2015
    Heroes VII has become best game on the franchise. After Part 6 I was skeptical, but they have learned from their mistakes. It has good quests, graphics, gameplay and fractions. It is strongly reminiscent of Heroes III
  5. Sep 29, 2015
    I played all heroes, best was 3 and most of people think same. Then 5 was good but many things missed.. Now here is 7 and dont think about fail.. just get it and u will see... Its better than 5 much better...Off course there is still missing some more objects, its empty somewhere on the maps. 9/10.. Waclaw i think u are just hater of ubisoft games, iam not fan, but long turns of AI ?I played all heroes, best was 3 and most of people think same. Then 5 was good but many things missed.. Now here is 7 and dont think about fail.. just get it and u will see... Its better than 5 much better...Off course there is still missing some more objects, its empty somewhere on the maps. 9/10.. Waclaw i think u are just hater of ubisoft games, iam not fan, but long turns of AI ? really ? Its so fast, buy better pc or repair in your system something...And yes some ubisoft games have a not best launch but u say all ? You are funny:-) Expand
  6. Sep 29, 2015
    Might and Magic Heroes 7 Brings back all what we loved in original trilogy with new great features from V and VI heroes! It is a game created from experience gathered from years of work wins like III heroes loses like VI heroes! And of course one of the main parts of this victory is the way how the game was created with help from fans, old and new ones.I really hope that with addon thisMight and Magic Heroes 7 Brings back all what we loved in original trilogy with new great features from V and VI heroes! It is a game created from experience gathered from years of work wins like III heroes loses like VI heroes! And of course one of the main parts of this victory is the way how the game was created with help from fans, old and new ones.I really hope that with addon this game become even better and takes his important part in Heroes long time history! Expand
  7. Sep 29, 2015
    This is a great game and a true return to form. There are some bugs in game at the moment but give it time and they will be patched. If your a fan of HOMM3 than you are really going to want to give the game a crack
  8. Sep 29, 2015
    Heroes VII manages to get back to the roots of the franchise. Simple mechanics, nice synergies for the factions, a strong magic system and a beautiful and smart level design.
    I'm glad to say that Heroes VII has finally beaten Heroes III, which since yesterday I thought it will be unbeatable EVER.
  9. Sep 29, 2015
    The best of Heroes III and Heroes V combined to a thrilling turn-based strategy-rpg highlight, Heroes VII brings back the great feeling of just one more turn!
    Nice long and motivating campaign containing all 6 factions (haven, sylvaner, dugeon, stronghold, necropilis, academy), offering up to 125 creatures, 100 spells, 60 hero abilities to master and really beautiful 3D graphics (unreal 3 engine). With the return of townviews (in calssic 2D) and again 7 resource types as well as interactive maps and a lot of multiplayer options (online, LAN, hot seat and skirmish) plus an editor there´s so much time to sink in thsi great strategy fgame that I wish I had a few weeks of holiday left....
    A must buy!
  10. Oct 20, 2015
    Great game, but broken with bugs.
    Even after patch 1.2.1, game breaking campaign bugs that were clearly reported are not fixed.
    Forum posts and constructive criticism were banned and removed due to negativity, and many fans are very angry.

Don't buy this yet, don't support Ubisoft''s bad form and extremely bad customer support.
  11. Sep 30, 2015
    I didn't like heroes VI very much so I really hoped that this game would be better and it is!
    I like the over-all look of the game, it's more similar to Heroes V which makes it easier to understand for me. Levelling the heroes was a bit confusing, but eventually I understood how it works. I like the new town building system. Al turns were very long in the beta version. The music in-between turns is a bit strange, it felt a little bit like circus music, too happy and not dramatic enough. I like the 3D towns in HoMM V, a bit disappointed they didn't bring it back. But considering all that, the game is better than I expected and I enjoyed playing it.
  12. Sep 30, 2015
    I have played all heroes of might and magic games. Played this during the beta and enjoyed it. Graphics are really nice and the user interface is better than in Heroes 6. Combines the better elements from previous games from the series. Besides few spelling errors and grammatical bugs, the game plays quite well. Small glitches will be most likely fixed fast, so no worries there. HeroI have played all heroes of might and magic games. Played this during the beta and enjoyed it. Graphics are really nice and the user interface is better than in Heroes 6. Combines the better elements from previous games from the series. Besides few spelling errors and grammatical bugs, the game plays quite well. Small glitches will be most likely fixed fast, so no worries there. Hero skillwheel, thats not chance based, is a nice addition. Even though Heroes 6 had a similar system, this is more like Heroes5 and makes more sense. Using Uplay to play this game is not (and should not be) a negative factor. Expand
  13. Sep 30, 2015
    Graphics could be improved, the city models aren't exactly up to what I want... BUT, why do I give 8?

Strategically Heroes 7 has a lot of choices, and you can actually strategize to choose mutually exclusive buildings, or organize your battle to utilize unit abilities to the max. There are building choices you can make that lock out other buildings, so you can maximize what fits best against your enemy or what fits your hero abilities best.

Hero leveling is also done very nicely, and the way you can level them up differs a lot... whether you go for exploration, economy, battle, magic, morale, destiny, etc. You can try to prioritize high morale, and extra mobility, or you can go for normal attack and defense... I personally find it very satisfying playing this game... hands down more than Heroes 6.
  14. Sep 30, 2015
    I liked the atmosphere and graphics of the game, truly captured the feel of the "Might and Magic" series.
    A couple of points of constructive criticism: The enemy player turn took way too long for my attention span and my PC (although well equipped) seemed to have problems initially running the game. After a couple of mishaps with the startup, the game ran well.
    The maps were good and I
    The maps were good and I liked the building system in the town, as well as the look of the creatures. All in all a nice followup to a long time favorite series (lets not talk about IV or VI here.)
  15. Oct 1, 2015
    I've always played Heroes series. I don´t understand why people is SO mad about this version: Best graphics and characters ever, the story itself could be better, but never has been it´s main point.. and to me the most important thing to me is that the spirit of the game is back.

Still some job to do of course, but I think it´s really worth playing. + Really nice Graphics: The world,

Still some job to do of course, but I think it´s really worth playing.

+ Really nice Graphics: The world, creatures and castles look better.
    + New combat elements: Strategic features.
    + Great OST.

- Some animations look unpolished (not to mention the frozen conversations between characters.. Weird )
    - LOT of bugs need fixing.
    - Too expensive.
    - Combat could be repetitive, but I always had this opinion since heroes V

In conclusion, the game is NOT that bad, is NOT at the level of Heroes 3 but its definitety better than HVI.
  16. Sep 30, 2015
    Just what you would expect: good old classic Heroes, following H3 steps!

It would be an 8, but I put 10 to counterbalance all the haters who put 1.
  17. Sep 30, 2015
    I bought it today. Played through for like 9 hours. I'm kinda new to the series. Played Heroes 3 a long time ago. And I must say I again got this desire for one more turn. It was a bit "challenging" to understand the new Skill Wheel System and the town development screen.
    I liked ability to flank the enemies in combats, it really adds some depth to them. Adventure maps are different from H3 and I wouldn't say it's a bad thing. Although there could be some more variety on them in therms of settings (winter, sunny green hills, autumn forests, deserts and swamps on one map would be a great thing). Overall I liked this game! Need some sleep before I can continue playing.
  18. Oct 4, 2015
    Hm, I honestly expected more, BUT after some playing the nice HOMM feel came back and I enjoy it :)
    It was always about gameplay and that is pretty well done, story is ok, levels are nicely designed. Some slip-ups here and there, but i still like it. If you liked HOMM games before then you'll like this one too.
  19. Myx
    Sep 30, 2015
    As a long time fan of the heroes I think that VII will be worthy addition to the series. It seems to be true, that the odd numbers are the better parts.
    It seems everything is there for release: 6 Factions (I am only missing Inferno), sim turns multiplayer, hot seat, duels, map editor, random map generator (heroes 6 did not have one after 2 expansions!)
    The graphics look a bit dated, but
    The graphics look a bit dated, but when I started playing I felt right at home,I immediately had the "one more turn" feeling when playing and noticed all kinds of small improvements here and there.
  20. Sep 30, 2015
    When you are the best game franchise ever, it is easy to go up and down, but you are still at the top? Is VII the best of all? Probably not. But I bet I'll spend the next 6 months playing it non-stop, and it will stay in my hard drive for years to come.
  21. Oct 8, 2015
    Combines the best of the previous games. The online mode does not work correctly yet but they announced patches to deal with that. Furthermore I am not interested in the online experience (especially if I had to play with such a hateful community). The gameplay experience is definitely worth it and I will spend a lot of time on the singleplayer.
  22. Sep 30, 2015
    Heroes 7 really manages create again this awesome feeling of “just-one-more-turn” to collect, build, fight and explore. The devs combined a lot of the great elements I loved on the former titles of the franchise and tell it in a pretty cool and interesting campaign imho.

I really like to choose the campaigns I want to play and the idea that they apparently even influence the setup and winning conditions of final campaign (looking forward to see how that works out  ). In general I quite enjoy the stories I played so far as they feel much more streamlined and linked to the gameplay as In H6.

The visuals might not be of the highest quality or state-of-art but the guys at Limbic Entertainment still managed to build some really atmospheric and interesting Maps with lots of beautiful details I love to explore.

The A.I. seems to do a quite decent job and the battles are quite fun with the new flanking system. However a bit more variation of the combat maps (especially regarding size and obstacles) would be great.
    The balancing was mostly ok but a bit off in some cases but hey, at the end of the day is also just a great feeling when are really able to smash and completely roll over your enemy :D
    And what comes along with the game is massive… 7 campaigns, quite some scenario and skirmish maps with these enormous amount of possibilities (how to level your heroes, build your cities and strategies with all the different creatures… just take a look at the heropedia of the game and you get of rough clue of the numbers…).

To sum up, I can say that it definitely is one of the best Heroes games I played (started at H3) and a must buy for people interested in the strategy genre.
  23. Sep 30, 2015
    Best game in the series. Long time HOMM players will have a great time. Has all the elements that make Heroes III good and more. Level up system is better with more choices and not just random, building system is improved, and the cover and flanking system go a long way in improving strategy in battles so no two battles are ever the same.

There is some room for improvement though.

There is some room for improvement though. Balance fixes, magic is still too powerful. a burst of chain lighting turns the tide each and everytime. And the cutscenes are awful! Story is great but cutscenes are just screenshots with dialogue in the background. Could've made it more artistic rather than just taking screenshots and placing dialogue on top. Graphics feels uninspired but All in all, a great game for HOMM veterans
  24. Sep 30, 2015
    Despite some minor issues, a bit of a mess at start with uplay and not top-notch graphic quality / artistic sweetness on some maps this game brings this ol`good warm feelings that previous odd numbered games did. There's no tutorial there, so the title could be a lil' harsh for newcomers. My advice start with Haven campaign. It's the easiest one. Play at least 2-3 maps there (the third mapDespite some minor issues, a bit of a mess at start with uplay and not top-notch graphic quality / artistic sweetness on some maps this game brings this ol`good warm feelings that previous odd numbered games did. There's no tutorial there, so the title could be a lil' harsh for newcomers. My advice start with Haven campaign. It's the easiest one. Play at least 2-3 maps there (the third map is really worth checking!) then switch to other campaigns. Check Necropolis or Dungeon for example. :) Expand
  25. Oct 1, 2015
    Although this game has technical issues, it has a great potential as well. When all bugs will be fixed, this game gonna be the best installment of the series.
    Yes, the graphics is little bit outdated and overall budget is low. But they spent this budget very wisely. Campaign mode is great. Interesting storytelling and very beautiful maps with lots of triggers and scripts. Never had so much of it in previous games. Core mechanics is very clever. Every faction has its own strategy and game style. Town development and hero leveling are very interesting and unique. Much better than H6 and even H5. And above all this game has quite simple map and mod editor.
    I'm enjoying playing it. Give it a try!
  26. Sep 30, 2015
    One of the best Heroes I have ever played. If you are a fan of the series this is exactly what you should get. Going back to the roots of 3 and 5 and improving it without destroying what actual made the game good in the first place. Beautiful artworks and towns compelling story and interesting combat :). 9 out of 10 would buy again (-1 for the need of Uplay).
  27. Oct 4, 2015
    Just a great, great game. Game for smart thinking people. Not many smart people amongst gamers anymore, so basically what you get is DOTA players reviewing that game. lol.
  28. Oct 19, 2015
    I don't think that is a bad game because they create a lot of new things that heroes iii does't have. The heroes iii is the best series ,but now if they create game like heroes iii I feel boring. However it needs a lot of development such as ai performance ,graphic in town screen and battle field. Still have some bugs and very lag when to play game. I hope the next patch will improveI don't think that is a bad game because they create a lot of new things that heroes iii does't have. The heroes iii is the best series ,but now if they create game like heroes iii I feel boring. However it needs a lot of development such as ai performance ,graphic in town screen and battle field. Still have some bugs and very lag when to play game. I hope the next patch will improve the performance more by more. And improve graphic especially in battle field and balance the unit. About cinematics i dont care that is not animate but if they can make it lively i will really appreciate. Expand
  29. Sep 29, 2015
    best game on the franchise, they do their home work. graphics at the best, gameplay wise. even the faction that they chose for the release are my favorit
  30. Oct 1, 2015
    Good game. Needs some patched but certainly a step in the right direction compared to heroes 6. Don't let the people with nostalgia goggles influence.
  31. Oct 3, 2015
    This is the best Heroes has ever been. Art design, atmosphere is JUST amazing and magical. Gameplay is addicting and factions are so different. If you are HEROES FAN YOU WILL ENJOY IT GREATLY. Even if you never played Heroes before, if you like chess and TBS - get it now!
  32. Sep 30, 2015
    Contrairement au VI que je n'ai même pas acheté à l'époque à cause des problèmes techniques et toutes les choses qui pouvaient manquer au jeu, je trouve que là le Studio Limbic Entertainment s'est vraiment sorti les doigts !

Vraiment super de retrouver le vrai Heroes du bon vieux temps qu'ont à tous aimer, le nouveau moteur 3D Unreal engine est super, il tourne à fond plus de 60 fps avec toutes les options au maximum, pas de bug majeur à l'horizon, les animations des créatures et des sorts sont vraiment réussi, même la bande son et les bruitages sont de bonne facture.

Après on retrouve enfin toutes les choses qui nous manquer t'en dans les anciens Heroes, une interface, les icônes, le graphisme, les textes et les voix de chaque race, on est vraiment plongé dedans, enfin la Roue de compétence revient ainsi que l'affichage d'une jolie carte complète pour nos forts... Avec toutes les constructions et améliorations à l'intérieur que l'on pouvait attendre, les ressources aussi sont revenus comme avant au nombre de 7 avec l'or...
    Des heures et des heures de jeux en perspective, 60 heures mini de campagne avec toutes les races le mode multi, les patchs, l'éditeur de map et les addons à venir, il y vraiment de quoi faire...

Pour moi, vous pouvez acheter Heroes VII les yeux fermés, vous ne serrez pas déçu !
  33. Oct 4, 2015
    After a rather disappointing Heroes 6, this seems to be going in the right direction again.
    The Music and Sound makes it feel like you are playing one of the old Heroes all over again. The Faction mechanics and skillsystem is awesome, it gives you a strategical depth. The graphics are ok, not something i care much about.
    The only letdown is that there are still quite some bugs, but this
    The only letdown is that there are still quite some bugs, but this seems to be common nowadays...
  34. Sep 30, 2015
    I was very skeptical after the first beta and heroes 6. But the Team improved the game play since then. Also the Story part is amazing. I like what the new Heroes has become.
  35. Oct 7, 2015
    First of all: I actually don't write reviews, but now I have to do this, because I can't understand the bad scoring on this game.

Sure, it's not perfect, but: - They ARE a few innovations, like destructible bridges (which can be very handy, if you like to play more "tactical"), flanking and alternative buildings and champion units. - Some cool faction designs - The skill wheel offers

Sure, it's not perfect, but:
    - Some cool faction designs
    - The skill wheel offers a nice variety
    - In comparison for example to Heroes 3 (don't get me wrong, I loved Heroes 3!) Heroes 7 has a way more accessible interface.
    - Great, user friendlier Map Editor.
    - Don't forget, that this is „just“ a strategy game. I really don't know, why a lot of people seem to expect great next gen graphics! In Heroes 7 the graphics may not be the state of the art, but they look totally fitting and there are really a few cool looking creatures.
    And I can totally agree with the "one-more-turn-syndrome"!

Of course, there are some flaws, like:
    - I didn't get the visualization of the story mode.
    - You may have trouble seeing interactive buildings and of course you have some bugs and glitches. But I think that this is going to be fixed in the next patch.
    - The story may not be the games' strongest point, but to be honest: I don't really care much about that. Also till today I never experienced launching problems through Uplay or lagging.

I personally think, that this is the best Heroes Game since Heroes 3! Please don't play just a few minutes. Give it a try, play longer, play it open minded. Surely there are going to be a few things, that you'll like.
  36. Oct 4, 2015
    On a gameplay-standpoint, the best Heroes so far.

It takes a little to get used to the "ehh" graphics, but once you do, you can really enjoy yourself in this game. I feel like most reviewers focus solely on the graphics, and they don't really look at the game. Pros: - cities have CRAZY variety of buildings - you instantly get an idea what tactic to pursue with your hero/units -
    On a gameplay-standpoint, the best Heroes so far.

Pros:
    - cities have CRAZY variety of buildings
    - you instantly get an idea what tactic to pursue with your hero/units
    - beginner-friendly
    - lots of neat innovations to the Heroes 5 formula

Cons:
    - graphics are somewhat unappealing at first
    - animations are terrible
  37. Oct 2, 2015
    After the medicore sixth installment of the series, HoMM VII saves the day by doing buger all. What sounds like an insult is probably VIIs biggest strength: It doesn't try to push something new but simply does what its best at. HoMM VII remembers me a lot of the third game if it comes to gampleay, with updates graphics of course.

That said, i didn't have any issues with uPlay or game

That said, i didn't have any issues with uPlay or game stability. But from what i've heard a lot of people where affected by the usual uPlay issues which can kill off the enjoyment of the game significantly.
  38. Jan 26, 2016
    Might and magic Heroes 7 adds some good improvements, like flanking and the town governor skill, without changing too much the great game play of the series. The graphics are quite good and the campaign mode is much more entertaining with the addition of map events. Combat is fast and various with a great number of creature types.
    The music is excellent, in particular the town themes.
    I
    The music is excellent, in particular the town themes.
    I don't give 10 only because of the 2D town screens and for the amount of bugs.
    Recommended for old-date players of the series and for newcomers.
  39. Oct 1, 2015
    Okay so I've been a fan of the Heroes of Might and Magic series since Heroes 2, with Heroes 3 being my favourite, followed by Heroes 4.

I always really look forward to new Heroes games coming out and get excited by the announcement of new races, creatures etc. I did NOT enjoy heroes 5 or 6 very much. I'm not sure why, I think it was just the overall feel of the games or perhaps it

I did NOT enjoy heroes 5 or 6 very much. I'm not sure why, I think it was just the overall feel of the games or perhaps it was the crazy 3D towns and more complex gameplay elements.

Many initial reviews have reported bugs and the game crashing however I am please to report that I have played the game for almost 30 hours already and there have been no crashes at all. I'm using a laptop which is an "Acer Nitro VN7 Black Edition" model (with Windows 10).

There are certainly bugs which I've noticed while playing although it hasn't really detracted from the game. I'm sure they'll get patched within the next month or so, so I'm not to concerned about that.

Although I've played for about 40 hours, I've only played 3 factions (Stronghold, Sylvan and Necropolis) and have found them all to be very fun and unique. I've been playing on 'hard' mode (skirmish, not the campaign) with random skills and have found it challenging and enjoyable. I've had to use strategy to decide what buildings to build in base, what creatures to buy and how to outsmart my opponent in battles.

Here are my positive and negative comments:

POSITIVE COMMENTS
    + Simplified gameplay back to Heroes 3 levels. Although this may looks like a 'step backward', I feel that it opens the game up to more strategic thinking. Sort of like Chess... sometimes simple is better!
    + Absolutely love the 2D town screens :)
    + The music is AMAZING, I really love the Stronghold and Sylvan town themes, and can't wait to hear the other towns.
    + The music that plays when it's the computers turn is great
    + Lots of buildings to build in base, even late in game I still have lots to build!
    + Creatures all look great (I prefer the style of this game compared to Heroes 6)
    + I like the spells and skills ('random' skills is far superior to 'free', I hope they remove the 'free' skilling option in a patch so the default is 'random')
    + The world to explore looks really nice and is more simple than previous. This makes for more tactical gaming.

NEGATIVE COMMENTS
    - Game looks 'too small' when played on my laptop. I need to plug laptop into monitor to get better experience. This could be improved by 'zooming' in a little bit more on the map and battle screens.
    - Obviously there are bugs that need to be fixed in coming patches.
    - Battles are a little bit slow. Not from a performance point of view, but just some of the animations take a while to start or resolve. It's not a huge thing but if it was cut down just a little it would make the battles a bit faster.
    - I don't like it how when you collect something on the map (like gold), it just quickly flashes up and shows you what you collected, and then fades away. I prefer how it was in Heroes 3 (a box pops up and tells you what you collected and you click 'ok' to close the box). This would make the game much better as it's a 'casual' game.

OVERALL VERDICT

I'm really enjoying the game after my 40+ hours of gameplay and can't wait to play through all factions and then play some 'hot seat' games with my friends. Initially it seemed a little bit simple but then I was reminded that this is what made the classic 'Heroes 3' so great and I truly believe that if people can stick with it until some of the bugs are fixed (and when an expansion comes out with another army or two) then it will be the best 'modern' Heroes game :)

Back to war!!!
  40. Oct 2, 2015
    Heroes VII is sustained in the best traditions of the Might & Magic series. Probably, the best game since Might & Magic 3 and 4. I would definitely vote for this one as for the best one in line! I was waiting this game patiently and I looked forward to playing Heroes VII, so truly say, the storytelling approach to the campaign was more than just promising! This part is absolutely and withHeroes VII is sustained in the best traditions of the Might & Magic series. Probably, the best game since Might & Magic 3 and 4. I would definitely vote for this one as for the best one in line! I was waiting this game patiently and I looked forward to playing Heroes VII, so truly say, the storytelling approach to the campaign was more than just promising! This part is absolutely and with no doubts the best one. Of course, there are some minor bugs, but it's all fixable. Very good game and highly recommended for those, who missed a lot about the golden age of M&M. Expand
  41. Oct 3, 2015
    I have played Heroes since #2. I like all of them. So consider me a "fanboy".

I'm not a shill; I have no affiliation with Ubisoft or Limbic or any of the developers. I also have played M&M X and loved it. I've played through Uplay and have had no problem with it. I played HMM6 & MMX via Steam/Uplay and had no problems with that. I'm not sure why some people have problems with
    I have played Heroes since #2. I like all of them. So consider me a "fanboy".

I'm not sure why some people have problems with launching the game or other computer related problems. I have a medium type computer that's almost 2 years old: Win 8.1, i5 4570, 8gb, GTX 770. I run the settings at max. I'm running this game from my hard drive and not my SSD. No horrible load times, maybe 30 seconds.

I gave this game a 10 due to the fact that I always play the single game scenarios/skirmishes first, before I play the Campaigns. I check out the mechanics before I judge a game like this. The campaigns are always buggy at launch of a new HMM.

Simply put: This is a GREAT HMM game!

The "one more turn" syndrome is here!

I really like (but not love) the graphics. But what do you expect from this type of game?

The main issue I have at this point is the sound. I have to turn my speakers up way past what I would normally have to put them at to get the sound level where I want it.
  42. Jan 13, 2017
    There is an insane amount of unreasonable and unfair haters of this game. Most of them do not understand the genre, some loved Heroes 3 so much that they refuse to accept any sequel (or prequel! and in my opinion Heroes 2 was a much more enticing game than 3), and others simply hate Ubisoft and just want to rate down everything related to them.
    I personally think it's an improvement over
    I personally think it's an improvement over Heroes VI.
    I hated how they dumbed it down "for the masses" in VI - by combining all special resources into one type, and by letting you convert any town to your faction, and be able to teleport around all over.
    Heroes VII brought back the 4 special resources, (although they are not the original 4), you can't convert towns (yay), and you can only teleport once to the nearest town.
    There were a few stupidly hard moments in the campaign but after restarting the level once or twice, and after adjusting my strategy, i was able to get past them. And that's a good thing for this game - it forces you to rethink what you're doing.
    Everything else is standard Heroes fare. Yes, the campaign story is silly, but that's not really why you play these types of games now is it.
    I don't know why there are so many negative reviews - it holds up true to its name, and at worst this game is "meh" but not a *bad* game at all. I've been there for every single one of the Heroes games from the very beginning - and i can't say i was in any way disappointed with this one.
    Also I did not encounter any horrible bugs, and the graphics were perfectly fine.
  43. Jan 21, 2016
    I decided to write my first comment ever I about any game after reading all these negative reviews. I played all games in series and none came even close to HoMM 3. All after that were very dissappointing. Until now.

First bad things... I play game with patch 1.6 and yes, there are bugs. I have encountered especially inventory issues and missing creatures in a fight mode (there is workaround for that). I don't like longer loading times either and cutscenes are really poor for this age. But that is about it...

So far I have finished two campaigns - Haven and Necro and played two single scenarios. I love this game... It is hugely entertaining and addictive. Finally I feel desire to discover and conquer like I haven't felt for a long time. I love castle buildings and structure. I love hero development. I even love campaign stories eventhough I don't care much about those. I think in-game graphic is very good and gameplay perfect. I am enjoying every moment spent with the game and surely will play it for a long time.

So I would say, if You like HoMM 3definitely go for this one. I see that absolute majority of negative revies are from very early released game and from my current experience i must say yes, there are issues which shouldn't be, but perfect gameplay makes up for every single one of them. And who gives a **** about poor cutscenes??? This is not what this game is about... I f you are a fan of cinematic intros and that is important for you, then this game is not for you :D. Go to cinema and watch movie... You probably don't play chess either as there is no cinematics and sounds... But if you like challenges and great turn based strategy games you will most likely love this if you forgive few bugs. This is definitely best game in series since part 3 and is all about great gameplay.
  44. Jul 23, 2016
    no bug from 1.8 version
    beautiful graphics
    excellent monsters for the races
    good balance
    for me the best from the heroes of might and magic series, better than heroes 3
  45. Jul 29, 2018
    The biggest problem is technical issues and bugs. Besides that game is fun to play and I enjoyed it
  46. May 29, 2021
    I actually liked it! the town screens were really pleasant on the eyes with their somewhat cartoonish style, and playing it with my dad it was pretty fun! and yeah we ran into some bugs but overall I wouldn't say it was a bad experience

Mixed or average reviews - based on 39 Critic Reviews

Thankfully, the game is largely bug-free, and it runs on a wide variety of computers with little problem.
  2. CD-Action
    Dec 16, 2015
    I liked many new features and I think going back to the roots of the series was a the right decision. Unfortunately it seems the game was published half a year too soon, as it’s underdeveloped, full of bugs (some of which are very serious) and has performance issues. To put it simply – Heroes VII was botched. [12/2015, p.34]
  3. Nov 25, 2015
    Might & Magic Heroes VII tries to appeal to the passionate audience of the series, but fails due to issues with the AI, several bugs and a general lack of elegance. We can only hope in a future patch that fixes the many technical problems, still unsolved after 1.2 version.