8.2

1. Sep 26, 2019
    Ăsta este un căcat nu pot să treci deștept deloc din cauză că bidoanele care le aruncă efectiv te urmăresc unde te lasa Ai mai pomenit ca un obiect care îl arunci în ceva să urmărească ținta dacă aceasta se deplasează numai la un dobitoc care așa cum e ala de făcut jocul producătorul ăla de dobitoc nu mă la ăla că o piatră un bidon volum de Călărași după cineva 6 peretelui urmărește pânăĂsta este un căcat nu pot să treci deștept deloc din cauză că bidoanele care le aruncă efectiv te urmăresc unde te lasa Ai mai pomenit ca un obiect care îl arunci în ceva să urmărească ținta dacă aceasta se deplasează numai la un dobitoc care așa cum e ala de făcut jocul producătorul ăla de dobitoc nu mă la ăla că o piatră un bidon volum de Călărași după cineva 6 peretelui urmărește până lovește numai la dobitocul ăla există probabil așa ceva dar la mine sau în altă parte mama lor decât în mintea lui poate fi cineva dacă un obiect la Direcția Unde la aruncat nu e rachetă inteligentă pontezi unde să lovească se întâlnește călărește până lovește nu numai la dobitocul de producători așa ceva am stricat Expand
  2. Jul 21, 2019
    Can't say I was overwhelmed by this game. I'm at a rare point for indie games where I may give up barely into the second world. The game tries way too hard to make you care for a ranking system that relies on heavy bothersome actions (namely you want a S in hard and bananas ? get ready to spam that dodge button and alternate with semi-accurate shooting in between, also don't kill enemiesCan't say I was overwhelmed by this game. I'm at a rare point for indie games where I may give up barely into the second world. The game tries way too hard to make you care for a ranking system that relies on heavy bothersome actions (namely you want a S in hard and bananas ? get ready to spam that dodge button and alternate with semi-accurate shooting in between, also don't kill enemies too soon, otherwise there's a good chance the next enemy will arrive too late and break your combo...). The combat system is fun but not nearly as polished as it could be for an indie game. The controls are often cumbersome and make you miss jumps for no other reason than being off-timing slightly and shots for... well no reason (sometimes spin jumping will make it IMPOSSIBLE to aim at certain parts of the screen, completely preventing headshots at some points).

I've stopped aiming for S ranks and I'm still not having fun, which IMHO is a huge problem. I fail at getting S ranks in DMC (mostly because I don't put in the time needed to) but still have fun trying to get as best a score as possible. Here even by removing that aspect I don't have fun. And world 2 is making me seriously consider giving up by adding dumb platforming segments that are really not fun. They're also slightly puzzly just in case it wasn't annoying enough.

Overally I feel like the game is VERY overrated just because of its indie nature. However when you see the amazing polished indie games that are released noways by teams of 1 to 5 people, I feel like Pedro should be reviewed in a much harsher way. As a huge indie gamer and aspiring indie dev, who loves all sorts of indie games, from bite-sized to chunky, from simple arcadey to complex, I don't think pedro deserves anywhere near 8 from either professional or user reviews. Should be around a 6 at best. I mean it's getting a better rating than DOOM 2016, what the hell ? Or indie-wise almost as good as Binding of Isaac Rebirth. It is not ! Even if we remove the fact I personally, subjectively didn't like the game, it's objectively nowhere near the amiund of content, fun and polish as BoI : Rebirth has. I'm all for judging products based on their production value to an extent, but applying this to Pedro, I still don't feel like it deserve an 8. A very good but simple and short polished pixel art game like Bot Vice deserves that rating, not Pedro !

tl;dr : way overrated, and it comes from an indie game lover and aspiring indie dev. Not all that fun, not all that great, there are better games out there releasing soon, so check those instead

A dream come true for action fans of all types, My Friend Pedro adds a fresh coat of paint to its classic flash game predecessor by incorporating new mechanics and improved visual flair.
  2. Aug 19, 2019
    A brilliant arcade game about a bloodthirsty ballet dancer with a deadly aim - could there be anything more awesome? But beware - if you don’t like your stuff very much over the top in the vein of Japanese videogames, you might not be able to tolerate Pedro.
  3. Jul 22, 2019
    It’s a pretty decent price for the fun that is to be had. In the end… you are just one man and his banana… and maybe that’s all you really need.